Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
2.33/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

6 Perry Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

From start to finish working with Perry Homes representatives turned out to be the best experience possible. Our project manager, Bridger **, was prompt, whether responding by email or by phone; he was polite and professional. The workers from the foundation construction company showed up when expected, they were courteous, professional and thorough. After finishing the job, they totally cleaned up. If you have a problem with a home built by Perry Homes, no matter how old the house is, send them a letter. They will reply immediately and will work with you to correct the issues.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have lived in my house for 11 years. My detached garage slab has been cracked in half for at least 8 years and filed a warranty claim and was told it's within tolerance. I have filed 3 different warranty claims that were well within the warranty period and each time it has gotten worse but still "within tolerances". Now that I'm out of the warranty period the siding is popping off and the slab has dropped almost 4 inches in 15 ft. The front stone fascia has been replaced once and is cracking and separating from the house again. MLAW engineering's inspection report states it is a framing issue but Perry again will not make it right. My neighbor across the street has had his replaced and it also is separating again, same house plan. Perry homes are not meant to last more than 10 years. They also say that warranty work is a "courtesy". Never again will I buy a Perry home.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I can't say enough good stuff about Perry Homes! Perry truly came in to save the day at the end of 2018 literally! We were building a home in the same neighborhood as Perry home with a different builder, who luckily did not work out at all for numerous reasons. We didn't consider Perry Homes for a couple of reason from the start, mainly because we didn't think we could afford them nor did we know much about them at all.

I recently purchased one out in Celina, Texas. Although it was a "pre-built" home they treated us beyond exceptionally well and had an AMAZING attitude about working the deal all the way past the finish line. Everyone from Autumn the sale coordinator to Keith, Sam, and Ray who are the managers to people we call for warranty issues. None of them have had the "you're aggravating me with all these issues and questions". It's ALWAYS been a "I'll take care of that" or "I'll find out an answer for you." I would do this process with the exact same crew and company time and time over again.

I wish more builders had this type of team and this kind of value for customers. I have told numerous friends and family about Perry Homes. If someone from Perry reads this review please give the employees recognition from my purchase and treat them to a awesome lunch or something! They are the real MVPS far as I'm concerned as a buyer, I can't say how happy I am that I bought with Pretty and dealt with the team I did!

Original review: July 21, 2018

WARNING. If you do business with Perry Homes (San Antonio) make sure you understand that if for any reason you fail to qualify, the will keep your earnest money!!! They are very deceitful about this, if you do not get financed and approved within 14 day they will take half of your earnest money... Do not do business with this organization, I am a retired veteran and they do not value any of your service. They are being placed in the OFF-LIMITS list because of their shady business practices.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Recently, I have been working with Perry Homes sales person in Aliana Richmond Tx with for my client. We saw some houses and she was interested in purchasing the house. After looking at this house, I asked my client to contact Perry Homes lender to see if she can receive a loan approval for the purchase of that house. She started to speak to the lender and after couple of days, my client received a call on Saturday May 25, 2018 from salesperson in Aliana who communicated that they received an email approval from the lender for a loan amount of $300,000. They asked her to come physically to their office to write an offer for the house on basis of $300,000 loan amount. While writing the offer, my client asked if her earnest money would be refundable. Salesperson said that it would be refundable. At that day, she was not given a copy of the Earnest Money offer.

With this understanding, on Sunday May 27 she went with her daughter to sign the Earnest Money contract. Monday May 28 was a Memorial Day holiday. On the morning of Tuesday May 29, my client was told by Perry's lender that she was not approved for the loan amount of $300,000. This information was not communicated to my client before her signing the contract that her loan was not approved.

It is clear that my client was not given the correct information at the time of signing the contract and now she is being refused the refund of the earnest money amount. She is being told now that it is Perry's policy to not refund the full amount regardless of what had happened to her loan application. After all this, my client is still willing to buy that same home. If this is still not possible then my client should be refund the full amount of her earnest money. Your Salespeople knew that she is a first time buyer and it was important for them to explain the terms and conditions properly while making her to sign the contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Perry Homes?

Original review: April 13, 2017

Perry Homes built my home in 2007. I recently discovered my trim underneath my shingles that has been nailed on top of my shingles is rotting and in some places disintegrated. In Katy Texas homes do not have gutters around the entire house but the areas that do also have that 1/2 by 1.t.5" trim installed that the gutter is nailed through. Those are the worst as you cannot see what condition they're in. Needless to say those were pretty bad. I had Perry Homes come out to explain why they failed to comply with 2006 international building codes as they failed to install a drip edge on the house. They said it is not covered under their warranty. I found later that ALL homes built by Perry Homes in my neighborhood have no drop edges. I am shocked that they think that that is acceptable and would not recommend them as a builder for any home.

Perry Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

In business since 1967, Perry Homes is one of the largest homebuilders in Texas. It offers customized, affordable homes in the Austin, Houston and San Antonio areas.

• Guide for first-time homebuyers: Perry Homes offers a complete online guide to help first-time buyers understand the building process and weigh their options.

• Hundreds of designs available online: Prospective buyers can browse a wide variety of designs, sizes and styles before ordering their home.

• Online glossary: Before and during the building process, buyers can brush up on technical terms so that they can communicate effectively with builders.

• Live chat online: Buyers can talk with a representative online to ask questions and get help choosing the right home.

• Move-in ready homes: Perry Homes also has existing homes available for immediate occupancy.

• Partnership with Crestmore Mortgage: You can get pre-qualified and apply for a mortgage online at the company’s website.

• Best for: Perry Homes is best for people on a budget, first-time buyers and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Perry Homes Company Information