Perry Homes
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

2 Perry Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

Recently, I have been working with Perry Homes sales person in Aliana Richmond Tx with for my client. We saw some houses and she was interested in purchasing the house. After looking at this house, I asked my client to contact Perry Homes lender to see if she can receive a loan approval for the purchase of that house. She started to speak to the lender and after couple of days, my client received a call on Saturday May 25, 2018 from salesperson in Aliana who communicated that they received an email approval from the lender for a loan amount of $300,000. They asked her to come physically to their office to write an offer for the house on basis of $300,000 loan amount. While writing the offer, my client asked if her earnest money would be refundable. Salesperson said that it would be refundable. At that day, she was not given a copy of the Earnest Money offer.

With this understanding, on Sunday May 27 she went with her daughter to sign the Earnest Money contract. Monday May 28 was a Memorial Day holiday. On the morning of Tuesday May 29, my client was told by Perry's lender that she was not approved for the loan amount of $300,000. This information was not communicated to my client before her signing the contract that her loan was not approved.

It is clear that my client was not given the correct information at the time of signing the contract and now she is being refused the refund of the earnest money amount. She is being told now that it is Perry's policy to not refund the full amount regardless of what had happened to her loan application. After all this, my client is still willing to buy that same home. If this is still not possible then my client should be refund the full amount of her earnest money. Your Salespeople knew that she is a first time buyer and it was important for them to explain the terms and conditions properly while making her to sign the contract.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Perry Homes built my home in 2007. I recently discovered my trim underneath my shingles that has been nailed on top of my shingles is rotting and in some places disintegrated. In Katy Texas homes do not have gutters around the entire house but the areas that do also have that 1/2 by 1.t.5" trim installed that the gutter is nailed through. Those are the worst as you cannot see what condition they're in. Needless to say those were pretty bad. I had Perry Homes come out to explain why they failed to comply with 2006 international building codes as they failed to install a drip edge on the house. They said it is not covered under their warranty. I found later that ALL homes built by Perry Homes in my neighborhood have no drop edges. I am shocked that they think that that is acceptable and would not recommend them as a builder for any home.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want

Perry Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

In business since 1967, Perry Homes is one of the largest homebuilders in Texas. It offers customized, affordable homes in the Austin, Houston and San Antonio areas.

• Guide for first-time homebuyers: Perry Homes offers a complete online guide to help first-time buyers understand the building process and weigh their options.

• Hundreds of designs available online: Prospective buyers can browse a wide variety of designs, sizes and styles before ordering their home.

• Online glossary: Before and during the building process, buyers can brush up on technical terms so that they can communicate effectively with builders.

• Live chat online: Buyers can talk with a representative online to ask questions and get help choosing the right home.

• Move-in ready homes: Perry Homes also has existing homes available for immediate occupancy.

• Partnership with Crestmore Mortgage: You can get pre-qualified and apply for a mortgage online at the company’s website.

• Best for: Perry Homes is best for people on a budget, first-time buyers and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
    Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Perry Homes Company Information