Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

12 Perry Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had a great experience in buying our new home in Lakes at Creekside (Tomball). We decided to built the home from zero and everybody involved did an outstanding job: Sheri (Sales agent) followed us from the beginning to the end, Jennifer at the design center, Ryan and Pedro (Project managers) during construction and still when little help is needed. Perry honor warranty without trying to find excuses.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We had to find a home quickly and with the help of our salesperson, Sheri **, she found us the perfect home! Everything went very smoothly with closing and with our walkthrough. Very impressed with Perry Homes and would highly recommend them for your home builder.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

From start to finish working with Perry Homes representatives turned out to be the best experience possible. Our project manager, Bridger **, was prompt, whether responding by email or by phone; he was polite and professional. The workers from the foundation construction company showed up when expected, they were courteous, professional and thorough. After finishing the job, they totally cleaned up. If you have a problem with a home built by Perry Homes, no matter how old the house is, send them a letter. They will reply immediately and will work with you to correct the issues.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I can't say enough good stuff about Perry Homes! Perry truly came in to save the day at the end of 2018 literally! We were building a home in the same neighborhood as Perry home with a different builder, who luckily did not work out at all for numerous reasons. We didn't consider Perry Homes for a couple of reason from the start, mainly because we didn't think we could afford them nor did we know much about them at all.

I recently purchased one out in Celina, Texas. Although it was a "pre-built" home they treated us beyond exceptionally well and had an AMAZING attitude about working the deal all the way past the finish line. Everyone from Autumn the sale coordinator to Keith, Sam, and Ray who are the managers to people we call for warranty issues. None of them have had the "you're aggravating me with all these issues and questions". It's ALWAYS been a "I'll take care of that" or "I'll find out an answer for you." I would do this process with the exact same crew and company time and time over again.

I wish more builders had this type of team and this kind of value for customers. I have told numerous friends and family about Perry Homes. If someone from Perry reads this review please give the employees recognition from my purchase and treat them to a awesome lunch or something! They are the real MVPS far as I'm concerned as a buyer, I can't say how happy I am that I bought with Pretty and dealt with the team I did!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Don’t get me wrong. The home is Beautiful! That’s why I went in... I am going to turn 19 but let age not determine accountability. I went in to look at the home because it was something I was looking to move into. Right away a sales rep starts asking me questions and looked baffled on why I was in the model. Asked me to write a review and here I am. It made me very angered because the questions that were being asked were confused that I could actually purchase a home. I told him I was just getting some ideas to move into and got many questions on. “So wait. You’re looking for a home?” And “So, how are you going to pay for the home?” Well sir. Just like everyone else pays for a home. Money...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Perry Homes?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Perry Homes, Personal held responsible for this conduct and how being treated when making a sale with a returning valuable customer. Shawn ** aka Division President at Perry Homes in Lakes of Bella Terra and some surrounding areas. Also included was Dominique ** Sales Professional. This is not how you conduct business. We had a deal. For $2000.00 they negated the deal we agreed to. There should have never been another offer taken or accepted after we had verbally agreed. You call us 20 minutes later and ask us to come back; did that other offer not qualify or fall through? I will never deal with Lakes of Bella Tarra Perry Homes again. I may never deal with Perry Homes again. I would like the sales representatives bosses name and corporates email address.

I was a returning Perry customer. My parents are Perry customers. My sister a Perry customer. We stumbled on a Perry Home in Lakes of Bella Terra subdivision while shopping for a new home. I made an offer on 23803 Via Viale Drive, Richmond, TX 77406. Dominique **, the sales rep, called her boss with our offer; we went back and forth a couple of times and agreed on a price. We had a verbal agreement in place. She told us to go take one more look at the home to be sure. She gave us her word that our offer had been accepted by her boss and that the home was ours. We returned to the sales office and I was literally filling out the pre-qualification on her computer as she instructed I do. When she came back in the room and informed us another customer had offered $2000.00 more and that her boss would allow us to bid against them.

Is that how perry homes conducts business? Are you kidding me, we had a verbal agreement in place and I was filling out the application on her computer. There should have never been another offer taken or accepted after we had verbally agreed. That’s unprofessional. And after being told they would be accepting an offer for a mere $2000.00 more, unless we wanted to outbid them. Are you serious? I am a loyal Perry, returning customer with a family of loyal Perry customers. That is the most disgusted I have been as a customer during a business deal. I am disappointed to learn that this is how Perry Homes chooses to conduct business and that these are permitted business practices. I thought more of you as a builder and I thought a verbal agreement and a handshake from a loyal returning customer was more valuable than a mere $2000.00.

And we really cannot believe you called our real-estate agent and said you would now accept our offer if we came back after what transpired. That’s was extremely bad business. I would like a response from Perry Homes corporate office. This is an unethical, immoral, and nothing less than criminal business practice. It was embarrassing and wasted mine, my fiancé, and my realtors time - the hours we spent working out an agreed upon deal. And to have Dominique ** ask me to stop filling out my prequalification application that she instructed I do, and get off of her computer unless we wanted to bid against another customer insisting this business practice is permitted by Perry Homes because no contract had been signed was disgusting. Even when sitting in her office and filling out the lender application.

Then we get a phone call from the president Shawn ** acting like he didn’t know what happened when he was on the phone with her while all this was going on. He knew everything and yet said nothing. But allowed it all. Instead of saying except and respect the people that are in your office and who made the offer first and we agreed with. I had no idea as we sat in the office, door closed that we soon would be asked to leave for again $2,000. It was embarrassing and just unethical. WE WERE IN YOUR OFFICE!!! Then now Shawn ** refuses to give us corporate’s number quote by him “I am the boss” and will not give us a number to contact his director. Did this phone call really happen??? Did the guy knowing what he did really just call us and first act like he didn’t know what happened. Refuses to give us any contact information.

Original review: May 31, 2019

On a contingent sale that stopped because our buyer in their option period backed out of our sale, Perry Homes is stealing our $7,500 deposit on their home. These people are liars, thieves, corrupt, evil. NEVER BUY from Malea **, Bob ** and their corrupt VP. Contingent means, steal their money if things don't work out.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Run away from this builder. This company does not know how to build a custom home. My new house has 6 typed out pages of issues from the day I moved in. Their construction team has been in my house every day for almost 4 weeks and still not done. These are things that all should have been completed prior to move-in.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have lived in my house for 11 years. My detached garage slab has been cracked in half for at least 8 years and filed a warranty claim and was told it's within tolerance. I have filed 3 different warranty claims that were well within the warranty period and each time it has gotten worse but still "within tolerances". Now that I'm out of the warranty period the siding is popping off and the slab has dropped almost 4 inches in 15 ft. The front stone fascia has been replaced once and is cracking and separating from the house again. MLAW engineering's inspection report states it is a framing issue but Perry again will not make it right. My neighbor across the street has had his replaced and it also is separating again, same house plan. Perry homes are not meant to last more than 10 years. They also say that warranty work is a "courtesy". Never again will I buy a Perry home.

Original review: July 21, 2018

WARNING. If you do business with Perry Homes (San Antonio) make sure you understand that if for any reason you fail to qualify, the will keep your earnest money!!! They are very deceitful about this, if you do not get financed and approved within 14 day they will take half of your earnest money... Do not do business with this organization, I am a retired veteran and they do not value any of your service. They are being placed in the OFF-LIMITS list because of their shady business practices.

Perry Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

In business since 1967, Perry Homes is one of the largest homebuilders in Texas. It offers customized, affordable homes in the Austin, Houston and San Antonio areas.

• Guide for first-time homebuyers: Perry Homes offers a complete online guide to help first-time buyers understand the building process and weigh their options.

• Hundreds of designs available online: Prospective buyers can browse a wide variety of designs, sizes and styles before ordering their home.

• Online glossary: Before and during the building process, buyers can brush up on technical terms so that they can communicate effectively with builders.

• Live chat online: Buyers can talk with a representative online to ask questions and get help choosing the right home.

• Move-in ready homes: Perry Homes also has existing homes available for immediate occupancy.

• Partnership with Crestmore Mortgage: You can get pre-qualified and apply for a mortgage online at the company’s website.

• Best for: Perry Homes is best for people on a budget, first-time buyers and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Perry Homes Company Information