HomeFinder.com

Compare Real Estate Websites

Research top Real Estate Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Easy to bring up location and find houses for sale. Also had a map you could locate a house by price. It made the process easier when searching. I like the way you could upload many pictures. It makes for a great selling point. It offered the seller a lot of options for putting down information also. The quality of the pictures were nice as well as all the information that was listed on the house. I liked that it was not hard to maneuver through the website. The listings seem to be up to date. I am able to see a few different houses each time I am looking. The information is accurate. The houses have a lot of great information in the listing.

It was easy to navigate and gave an easy path to follow depending on the selections you made. Many helpful tips along the way and the selection of choices and varieties throughout the process made navigating the site incredibly easy and fun. The selections and choices were easy to follow and get to and the variety of different housing choices was also refreshing. Several other sites work much more difficult to follow along with. Very fun to use. I would highly recommend the site due to its overall ease-of-use and again, the variety of selections it had plus the way it was created made it easy to follow along when you made your selections. When I was on the site, I used it to track down and find information about several homes and condos and apartments. When I went out to look at the specific housing choices I had made online, everything I saw on the site was there.

Very good spelling. Awesome facts. Straight to the point. Tells you everything you need to know. Doesn't give you false quotes. Has the right feel to the pictures and website. It support to the people. It easy to use and to navigate. Never has to restart the website like others. Has all the awesome information you need right away. The quality is well neat, not too bad. It can get better like more pictures, more information, the product location and whereabouts and so on. As I look on the website it still needs to get better. It's a website that comes a long way. It just needs to add a touch up or two.

The website's layout and platform work flawlessly. Easy to navigate and find exactly what you're looking for. Results seem current and reliable. As a buyer I would think the selling portion of it is just as good and reliable. I know if I were to sell in the future it would be the first place I would go to. All the results are current and checked out just fine. I have never received a result that was outdated so I'm very satisfied with the quality. I haven't got 1 that was incorrect thus far so I would say that's very accurate.

We were looking for a new home and had heard that this was a good service to help us. They were many homes in our price range and how much room space they had... They have great support for sellers! Very easy to get your home uploaded to the site and gave a lot of options to where to place it so it would go into the right democratic areas. Very high quality service! We would recommend them to anyone and we will use them again when we sell and buy another home. Uploading pictures is easy and they have very helpful inscriptions to properly list your home! We were very impressed with the sites accuracy. Showed homes clearly and with the right directions to locate the home we were looking at the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeFinder.com?

I was able to look up and find homes available in my area easily. The information on each house with pictures was also great. When I wanted to contact owner to see what price they wanted it was also made fairly easy with this website. I'm glad to have found it soon in the process of choosing a new home as I didn't need to use any others because this one had exactly what I needed.

I'd say this website is top notch quality. Looking for a home was easier than I ever thought it would be. I'm not so sure any other source would have been able to deliver quite as much as this one. If and when I ever have to buy a new home I will definitely return because of this. Some sellers were more truthful than other but really what else can you expect when they are trying to get top dollar for their homes? I don't believe this to be the website's fault but more of the human condition.

You put in like 15 different description of what you are looking for and it gives you exactly what you are asking for plus more. It had so many houses to choose from and so many big style houses in good neighborhoods. Yes it is very supportive enough to make it your dream home. Anything you can think of that you could have in your dream home. Anything at all they have it. The quality is very good condition from the inside to the outside of the place. Big yards front and back all the way around the house. Big kitchen and bathroom and cabinets and countertops and everything else you would want. It is so up to date that everything in it is brand spanking new. Walls carpets basements paint you name it. Two story single family even detached garage.

The listings I looked at were clear and consistent but I didn't find enough of them for my area. I live in Los Angeles and houses to buy or rent are hard to find. It seemed to be supportive of the Sellers listing their properties. Plenty of descriptive area and good pictures. I was looking in the Los Angeles metro area and many of the listings were in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and the beach areas. Again, the content had plenty of pictures and descriptive results. The areas were just not the areas I was looking for. I think a rental area would be nice also. The listings seemed up to date although after calling on a few of them it seemed some listings were fake... ie. too good to be true and the people seemed to want too much personal information right up front.

This site is easy to use and you are able to give all the right details of the properly you are looking for. This site lets you search by demographic area in specifics of state. After listing the home with a realty company the agent I have list the property here for people to see in different places and states. I liked this part very much. The property was written in a very business oriented fashion that expressed my property for sale as a excellent choice of property. It also made the asking price a excellent choose for a person wanting to purchase this type of home. The listings appear to be the same. They have added the picture of the realtor with the property advertising page. It has a beautiful view of the houses and property to see more of what you are getting than just a description of the property.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

HomeFinder.com collects listings from partner newspapers, realtors, the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and other sources. It makes those listing available to consumers on a single website. The site has tools for homebuyers, renters and real estate professionals. The company was founded 1997 and is owned by Gannett Co. Inc., The McClatchy Co. and Tribune Co., with headquarters in Chicago.

• Property type choices: When searching for a home on the website, users can choose from a wide variety of property types including single family homes, row houses, co-ops and more. Users can search for a single property type or multiple different types.
  • Mortgage quotes: Interested house hunters can request a mortgage quote online. Users simply fill out an online form, and up to four lenders will contact them with quotes. Quotes are confidential and no obligation.
  • Resources: The HomeFinder.com website has resources to help homebuyers of all types, from first-time buyers to those looking at foreclosures and short sales. Consumers can access these resources for free.
  • Local Info: Each property listing on the website features a Local Info section, which includes demographic information about the neighborhood. Information includes the median age of homeowners, the percentage of homeowners with children, the median household income and the percentage of homes in the area that are rentals.
  • Account features: Users can set up a free account on HomeFinder.com to save properties, add private notes about properties and receive notifications about new listings that meet their criteria.
  • Best for HomeFinder.com has tools for homebuyers, renters and real estate professionals, and the site’s property listings feature useful information for all individuals.

Compare Real Estate Websites