Century 21 Real Estate

Compare Real Estate Websites

Research top Real Estate Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am deeply saddened by the poor quality of the real estate agents at Century 21. One in particular, her name is Sherrie **. She showed my home for sale with her friend. Upon arriving, two people pulled in behind her in a black jeep and started roaming my property. She asked them who they were and they responded, "We are waiting for the owner's friend to get here." She went inside the home and when she came out, their vehicle was still there but they were "nowhere in sight". I returned to my property two days later to find my garage completely ransacked and picked through. Whatever was worth any value was stolen. Dehumidifier, pedestal sink, christmas decorations, clothes, step ladders, down to the lawn mower belt hanging on the wall. When I got there, I was devastated.

Filing a police report was no help. I contacted my jerk real estate agent from Berkshire Hathaway and said I wanted a list of any agents that were showing my house that weekend. I found Sherrie's contact information and asked her questions. She said she saw the black jeep and met the people! She was willing to help me the night I found out but the next day I didn't exist. She said they are just things... then blocked me. JUST THINGS?! My whole garage was robbed on her watch and she MET THEM. What a ** company and a ** real estate agent. I will remember that when I go to decorate my Christmas tree and the totes full of brand new lights are gone. THANKS SO MUCH CENTURY 21!!! You make me feel like a valued individual.

I made the unfortunate choice to work with Toby & Teresa from Century 21 Kirkland Wa. I found a condominium in Auburn, Wa, that was a short sale fixer upper. It needed a lot of cosmetic work and was filled with the seller's belongings. I loved the yard & decided to give it a try. After several months of waiting, my offer was accepted. Toby sent over the contract, and it was for the wrong property. That should have been my first clue, but, I missed it. I also listed my house and Teresa was handling that.

A couple of weeks before closing, I asked if the items in the house had been removed yet. Toby checked and said not everything, but they were working on it. So, I thought that meant it would be handled. I was told that I had to go to the Title Co. and get everything paid for before I could get keys. So I did. The next day we met Toby at the house to get the keys and no lock box and no key. It took several hours for the other agent to get a key. When we opened the door is all I could see was a disaster. The back sliding door had been boarded up and the place looked like it had been ransacked. We went in and discovered that squatters had stolen the lock box and gotten the key and moved in. There was drug related items through the house. They had even installed more of their own locks on the bedroom door.

The realtor made a comment about "Here is the key", and I said "No way. Get the locks changed now." Toby's comment was I'm not going to pay for it. I called the police, and they came over and gathered all the drug related items. I had to sit there until about 10:00 pm to wait for the locksmith. I was scared, angry and frustrated. Is all the realtors said is they didn't know how this could happen.

Obviously, I was starting to freak out, I had already sold my house and knew I didn't want to move to the "squatters paradise." I went online to see if I could find a solution, and discovered Century 21's "through the looking glass" approach to real estate. This included a list of all the steps they take to "ensure" client satisfaction. On the list was a final walk through checklist and instructions to complete the final walkthrough. Toby & Teresa didn't provide the opportunity for a final walkthrough. I would not have handed over my money until the problem had been addressed and corrected.

I e-mailed the realtors and asked why I didn't have that. Response was, "I wish we would have done that." They wish! I said I was not going to move in. I was told I signed a contract and bought the condo. They said they would do everything to "help." I am so naive. I thought they meant "physically" help. But they actually sent me listings of new properties to buy and talked about getting the "squatters paradise" ready to sell. I will say, that was the first time I could laugh at the situation, they actually thought I would ever do business with them again.

Then the push started in with my house that I had sold. I said I wasn't going to sell it. So, I was turned over to their legal department. I said I would sell, because I had signed a contract and said I would need at least a couple of months to sell and buy a new place. Teresa said the seller wouldn't do that, but would rent back my house to me for $1,200 a month. Right. Teresa kept sending me paperwork to sign, and certificates I needed. I was having trouble trying to retrieve a resale certificate. I sent Teresa my log in information and asked her just to take a look at it. It was determined that it wasn't working. She went ahead without my knowledge or permission to cancel my document and request another.

When I confronted her about that violation, she said she was trying to minimize my paperwork overload. I told her I didn't ask for that, nor did I give her permission to log into my account and do whatever she wanted. I have no idea if she changed anything. At this point, I don't trust Toby and Teresa or believe anything they say. Most recently, I was advised the buyer wants an extension on the closing date! I had to laugh at that too. The buyer wouldn't grant me an extension, but now he has requested one. I did give him the extension, I don't need that fight.

My experience with Teresa and Toby from Century 21 Kirkland is my experience and my opinion only. However, based on my experience I would not recommend them ever. My communication with them was practically nonexistent They were never an advocate for me and they never were accountable for anything that happened. I have already had to pay over $1,000 to get the trash hauled out. The squatters kicked in the back gate and I have to pay for that. They also ran drug related items down the garbage disposal, so that has to be replaced. For fun, they ripped out the floor heaters, so I have to replace them as well.

I was expecting to buy new carpet, but since it is now a rush, I had to pay an additional $300.00 to have carpet installed before Christmas. I had budgeted about $3,000 for flooring and paint, but, that is what it has cost me for repairs. Teresa and Toby will probably make between $8,000 to $10,000 from me and they have their hands out to get their money. They are definitely "in it to win it" only for themselves. Friends don't let friends use Century 21.

My money is in escrow for Homeowners insurance and Property Taxes yet every time year it's a fight to get them paid. Again I have received a cancellation notice from insurance and the bill was sent and faxed to them FIVE TIMES along with being emailed. If I had another option for my mortgage I would surely be there.

I made a purchase with Century 21 Real Estate Company, and they send me a letter asking me to cancel the contract. However, I refused and I could no longer reach the Real Estate Agent Tonya **, neither the manage Mr. ** at the San Antonio, Texas location. A real estate agent have fiduciary duties to their clients but I was totally discriminated against and then my house was sold while under contract. When I go out to make other real estate purchases the agents are asking for proof of funds before they are willing to show the property to me. Once I give them all the information showing that I have the ability to purchase they give me the runaround or it's become very difficult to reach them again. This is discrimination against Native Americans and I'm asking the Consumer Affairs Company to investigate it for me. This is happening throughout the state of Texas, with all the Real Estate Agent no matter what city.

21 Century in Noosa Heads was the property managers for the rental I purchase recently, changed management and gave them 30 days as required. They sent a letter to the tenant the day before the contract run out so the tenant paid in rent the same day without knowing it was a change in management. They transferred the rent the tenant paid in minus $70 for their management fee for 1 day. I rang up and got the answer they have the right to do that because the rent arrived in their account before our contract run out, 1 day. I thought not very reasonable or flexible. Just very greedy. Will never go back to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century 21?

A listing agent, Carol Ann worked with our agent for a purchase we were making. This purchase should have been easy as there was no mortgage involved. We started with a termite inspection to which we found there was evidence of termites but we were told the owner had a contract that was transferable. Our next step was an inspection in which we found there was $7,000 worth of work that was needed. She spoke with the seller and the seller took $2,500 off the purchase to compensate.

Next we had a survey, and I would advise you to NEVER purchase without a survey. When the survey was done, it was ascertained that the fence that was presented as the sellers, was actually encroaching on the North end by 1/2 ft, but on the South by 2 1/2 feet. First she came back and said the fence was not the sellers, then a couple of days later she said that 62 ft of the fence on the south was the sellers and the seller offered to credit $500 for removal of trees, replanting them and repositioning the fence. We had no idea if this could be done for $500 as we lived in another state so we asked for 3 quotes stating we would settle for the smallest and requested the owner to have the fence replaced before closing which was now 2 weeks away.

She presented only 1 quote to our lawyer for $550 with no letterhead on the quote. Next we asked for an affidavit to be signed by the sellers stating the fence was encroaching and was theirs. The sellers refused. Carol Ann then got back to our lawyer and said the fence was actually the neighbor's fence, which would not be an encroachment. Alright, so again we asked for an affidavit from the sellers and they refused. A title must be clear of encroachments to be considered clean, but FYI, a bank will never loan on a title with encroachments. If the buyer accepts the encroachments then you are responsible for any circumstances that result in the future.

In the end, after spending money on an inspection, a survey and a lawyer in addition to our substantial earnest money, she then said the deal was off. Obviously there were a lot of lies being told. After months of researching, we now have to start all over!! I might add, if you change agents and you are asked to present a referral for a fee to be paid to the old agent by the new, you do not have to unless you want to. Our agent asked us to do this stating he had worked hard, went through a lot of bumps and spent a lot of time!! That is their job, and the expense to us far exceeded his.

My family and I were recently referred to Century 21-High Desert by the USAA referral program. The agent from High Desert was less than helpful and seemed more interested in telling us about her personal life than helping us find a home. She was unable/unwilling to find homes that met our criteria, though we were able to find many viable options with a simple Zillow search. We had to initiate all communications with her, and she was slow in responding to my calls. When we looked at homes, she was unable to provide us with relevant information and we had to rely on my own research. She provided less information about homes/neighborhoods than was readily available on Zillow and questions I asked her went unanswered. I would have found another agent at this point had it not been for the USAA referral.

We found a house that the agent didn’t even know was on the market and put together an offer. However, the agent stopped us in the middle of trying to come up with a closing date and suggested a date a few weeks away. We told her that the date she provided fell in the middle a starting a new job, my college finals, and was a few days before a deployment. The agent promised that the date was just for the offer and could easily be changed. After the offer was accepted, we did not have any contact from their office for at least a week so I, again, initiated contact. At my questioning, I was told the closing date would not be changed and my questions why were, again, not answered. We contacted USAA and told them of the issues. After USAA called the High Desert office, the agent began pushing us to do a walk through prior to the house being vacant. My attempts to reach the agent’s supervisor went unanswered so we again contacted USAA.

USAA arraigned for a supervisor from High Desert to take over but we had no contact from the supervisor prior to the walk-through/closing. We rescheduled finals and work days to get everything done before my deployment. During the walk-through, we found the house filthy and damaged from the sellers moving out. The supervisor even pointed out the poor condition the house was left in and said she was coordinating with the sellers to fix the issues. We told the supervisor that the house was not maintained per the signed agreement and asked to push back closing until those items could be fixed. The supervisor promised us that the house would be cleaned and repaired, even if her “office has to pay for it.” With that promise, we closed on the house.

I did not receive another phone call from Century 21- High Desert. Instead all communication was via text message and occasional email. The supervisor’s correspondence was rude and she ignored her promises to us. The house was still filthy a number of days later, and Century 21-High Desert outright refused to keep their promise. We had to hire a cleaner so that my wife, small children, and mother could move into a clean house while I was on deployment.

It seemed this realtor was always targeting low income people who sadly for them and me they could not be QUALIFIED for a house mortgage above 60,0000 if that, through the showing which I had to a week for 4 months straight. They're the people who could not afford the loan and all I heard from agents was no basement or garage, but they liked the 6 beds and 2 baths? I asked why did they not explain before they wasted my time that this what you get! I spent eight thousand dollars fixing up my house to sell and that's all I hear from buyers? I think that was lies to bring my price down for a QUICK sales.

Missed a lot of transactions. Cost me a lot of money. Refused to contact back same owner of Century 21. Was forced to use out of troy, michigan.

House was advertised by Christy ** of Century 21 Award in Santa Margarita as pristine and meticulously maintained. Ms. ** told me that if I want to buy the property she has to be my agent. I was concerned about conflict of interest but I liked the view so reluctantly I agreed. Ms. ** was pushing for 30 days escrow despite that seller was late with seller disclosures and termite report. Taking advantage that I did not have real estate agent, Ms. ** gave me summary CMA for Madrid Del Lago where houses were selling for $80,000 to $100,000 more, were never and newly renovated with the view of the lake and city lights. Seller was late with seller disclosures and termite report, but my complaints to escrow (selected by Ms. **) and Century 21 Award were disregarded.

Ms. ** told me that fumigation is taking place after escrow closes. I did not want to agree to that so she lied to me that all repairs were completed and I have to sign escrow papers and pay full down-payment. I had to postpone final walk-through by one day and that is how I found out that fumigation did not place before I signed escrow papers. Termite completion report was sent to me the next morning at 8 am while fumigation was still going on and house was tented (violation of California Pest Control regulations). Final walk-through has been cut short since I found out that chandeliers were removed without counteroffers. When I complained about it I was told that those chandeliers were family heirlooms. After escrow I found out that house had multi-year mold damage and entire kitchen cabinets, insulation and dry walls had to be removed. Roof tiles were broken. There was slab leak.

Home insurance company canceled my insurance since they considered house to be a very high risk. After escrow I also learned that Ms. ** handled termite extermination for the sellers. Fumigation was completed after certificate of termite completion has been issued. At that time Ms. ** was provided "after report" which indicated that over 100 roof tiles were broken during fumigation, but she decided not to repaired it but told me that all broken roof tiles were replaced. Despite my requests I never received accounting of the repairs done by seller in violation of purchase agreement. I also found out that certificate of termite completion issued by selected by Ms. ** exterminator was fraudulent since it listed repairs that were never performed. I filed complaint with California Pest Control Department and exterminator was written up for violating workmanship standards and reporting as completed work that was not done.

To make things worse, after it rained I found out that backyard becomes a shallow lake and water collects next to the house walls damaging wooden jambs and door frames and making house walls wet. From neighbors I've learned that seller had Alzheimer and sellers moved to retirement house about 10 months before house was put on the market. That was also not disclosed to me. The seller was retired plumber and his son(s) were general contractors so they knew how to stage house for sale. House inspector selected by the real estate agent did not see anything. I thought that I'm prudent buyer so I requested that all modifications are permitted and that property conforms to California Building Code. I got the permit which was issued by City of Mission Viejo based on assurances of Tom **, owner of Home Renovations and Maintenance despite of violations of the building code.

Mission Viejo "lost" paperwork based on which permit was issued and Payless Heating and Air-conditioning which allegedly made repairs/modifications told me that they never worked at the address building permit was issued for. I thought I purchased dream house to retire in. Instead of the dream house I purchased nightmare. My complaints to escrow, Century 21 and mortgage companies were disregarded. Appraiser issued appraisal at the sale price despite of poor conditions of the house. To be able to do that, appraiser quoted Ms. ** extensively listing alleged offers she received and uses newly renovated houses with new roofs, new kitchens, new hard wood floors, newly painted as comps. I filed appeal with Orange County Assessor Office and assessed value was reduced by $88,000.

After I brought up issue of water leak (p-trap was mysteriously misaligned before I moved into the house) and massive mold damage in response to my email in which I was asking for the resolution, I got email from Ms. ** attorney in which she told me that Ms. ** does not have any obligations towards me and to stop sending her any emails about my problems. My complaints to Century 21 were disregarded and I was told that franchise is not responsible for their agents. Dual agency should be made illegal in California since it exposes unsuspected buyer to excessive risk. Ms. ** had contract with seller and she used me to offload house with numerous issues while at the same time claiming that it is pristine and meticulously maintained property and charging me prime price for the house.

** is a strong word but I am sorry to say there is no better word for it. The ** keeps coming in all sorts and shapes from this company. Every time they call or email me, they either go back on their word, contradict what they previously say or say something that is incorrect. Since I said I would complain at them, they started with insults too. When I hired them to be my buyer's agent, I thought a well known name such as theirs would vouch for quality but I have never been more wrong in my life. I rarely complain, this is actually the first time I go online to warn people not to do the mistake I did. Main problem is that they don't want to help me place an offer for the properties that I like, for some unknown reason, even though I have funds and everything. I explained the situation to my new realtor and she agrees, Century 21 have been behaving very odd and bad.

Problem 1: Said it would be possible to make an offer contingent on me selling another property, then sends me 62 page contract to read through and ask them any questions I might have. Said they got the address wrong, then they responded by saying it is not possible to make a bid contingent on me selling another property. A classic "wall of text" trick, which I didn't fall for. Problem 2: Agent said "because money is in two different accounts, the money does not constitute proof of funds". Did however not mention there was a problem with the "gift certificate" she told me do draw up myself. Problem 3: Said she did not send the offer yet, then referred to seller response over email. Then confessed to having sent the offer.

Problem 4: Draws up and emails me contracts with fundamental information missing, then after I read through and sign them online digitally, complains that information is missing (even though I can only sign the contract and check certain check boxes, not add the missing information to it). Problem 5: Claims that funds abroad do not constitute proof of funds. Problem 6: Sighs and insults me personally almost every time she calls me, even though I keep a professional attitude (although dissatisfied). Problem 7: Century 21 changed the agent to represent me even though I did not request this. New agent Janine ** says "you don't know who I work for" and does not want to tell me.

Problem 8: They do not want to let me out of the contract which I signed for them to represent me, even though when I signed it, they said they "usually" do that in case a client is not happy. Says their realtor Dennis ** (a person I never met nor talked to) decided they must not let me out of the contract. Emailed Century 21 about the situation, they said they don't take complaints, they would just refer me to the owner of the rotten branch in question (Century 21, Martinez & Associates, Las Vegas). Will file complaint with GLVAR next.

We had an initial meeting with the Century 21 agent in the Poconos, PA. At this meeting the Century 21 agent explained that they only did 12 month contracts but it didn't matter as if things were not working out then she would rip up the contract and we could use somebody else. If I thought for one minute that I was getting anywhere near a decent service I would obviously understand that a contract should be honored, and of course if I thought it should be honored then I certainly wouldn't ask for the house to be taken off the market.

Unfortunately the service has been terrible and when you're selling a house you know will lose you tens of thousands it's bad enough with a good service, but it has been terrible. We have constantly had to request updates for things that should be the job of a realtor to do. Twice we have had an offer through and except for informing us that there was an offer we never received voluntary updates from our realtor, so much so that we still haven't had a reply from a counter we made last year. It has been unprofessional at best. So we gave it as long as we could but eventually we had no option but request that the house be taken off the market with Century 21 and we informed the agent that we would be putting it on with someone else. The agent said she would take it off the next day and send us broker papers to sign... and that was that.

The next day we received an email stating that the house was off the market but that we would be tied to the contract and could not list the house with someone else until that contract expires. So basically the agent removed the listing knowing I could not list it elsewhere but not telling me this. So now Century 21 is "punishing me" for getting a bad service?? I don't want to waste time fighting this, all I ever wanted to do was sell my house. We made a mistake with selecting your Poconos, PA Agent Alison, it was a bad choice for us and I'm sure I just got a rare bad experience. But I feel like I am being put in a corner I can't possibly be expected to remain dormant. I need to sell my house, I need an agent to sell it, and unfortunately the agent doesn't seem to want to do that for us so I need to be free to find someone else who can. It's hard enough selling a house where we know we're losing tens of thousands without all this.

If you would like to work with a real estate agent that is ONLY concerned with her commission this is the agent for you! Her time management skills are terrible and she is always in a rush especially when reviewing paperwork and contracts. She is well-trained in telling you want you want to hear as long it suits her own motives.

Realtor = Josh **. This guy is very self-centered. It took me 2 weeks calling just to look at a homes. When he did show he was always on the phone. Never told us about it. We finally found one but on our own. It was an open house that we went by ourselves! This realtor never has come to any part of the home things. Never seen the house ever! He had a contract that was for a whole year which was ridiculous because we didn't like him from the beginning, and now we got moved into the home and as per our contract the seller will pay $100 for pest control.

Our lender said ants and spiders what qualify under pests but once again Josh ** has screwed us again. He says it's only for termites!! I have 3 kids and the spiders and ants are crazy and now bees all over. I gave a horrible review with company. They asked me to rate him. That was a bad idea. I have nothing good to say about this $ hungry jerk. BEWARE OF CENTURY 21 AND NEVER USE = JOSH **! He will only treat you somewhat decent IF YOU'RE LOADED WITH $ SELLING FOR OVER $300,000 OR BUYING OVER THAT! Josh ** is a horrible person!! I could tell more about our experience but would take hours but 1 last thing - he is the biggest liar I've ever met!

We listed our Glendale, AZ home for sale with agent Sheila **. She told us it would be a 6-month listing agreement. She left the state 10 days after signing without providing us with copy of agreement. She was ill and went to another state for treatment. Four months later she has not returned. We found out 6 weeks into the contract that the listing agreement is for 8 months plus one day AND the broker - Floyd **, will not cancel this agreement.

This agent is incapable of carrying out her contractual obligations and the office has been deceitful, unprofessional and outright lies declaring they could sell our home. The broker nor his assistant will return any calls or emails yet they want to sell our home?? Do not use these people - they accessed our home after it was off market, caused damage and left it unsecured. This broker and his agents are bad news. Avoid at all costs.

This company and real estate agent are a joke. Roberto ** was hired to help us buy a house. So at first he showed us maybe 2 houses. He kept telling us others we were interested in would not pass FHA guidelines, etc. Then we let him short sale our current home. He would call and threaten to call the bank on me and tell me I must show the house anytime someone wanted to see it as if I was being reprimanded. The house needs a lot of work and he was not mentioning this in the real estate ad so he was wasting our time and potential buyers' time by deceiving everybody. He called an attorney when there was an offer and told me I could change the closing date anytime. Not true. He then said the prospective buyers now had the rights to my house. The attorney called me and said he told her we wouldn't accept any offers and I said absolutely not true he's actually threatening me and she was surprised to hear that.

So meanwhile all the houses for us to buy he would not get back to us on but called every day about the short sale making an already hard process more difficult. He said all potential houses already had offers on them, or sold for a lot more, etc. Come to find out I had inquired about these houses myself and anything requiring a 203k loan for renovation or paperwork he didn't want to do because houses were still on the market and one in particular I offered on SOLD FOR LESS.

He kept stopping by my house after being told we knew what he was up to and I called the cops and his office. Ironically he just reminded me to write this review because he drove by staring at our house 5 minutes ago and then parked down the street and came back again. He's disgusting and we will no longer work with a real estate agent due to this experience. Disgusting doesn't even begin to explain him. I'm sure we'll hear about him in the new soon if it's not us having him arrested first for stalking again.

I hired a real estate agent about 2 months ago. I kept getting great reports from this woman but not once did she show my house.

Never again I would rent through this agency. I got the house on 30 Old Beach Road, Marshfield MA for the winter. House was a mess. So my main condition to landlord and realtor was to clean the house professionally and remove all personal belongings. When I moved in - nothing was done!!! I had to hire cleaners. All closets still had personal ** there, so I couldn't use them at all. Landlord showed up unannounced twice while we were not at the house. Which is totally illegal and when we moved out she took out 75$ for cleaners??? Never rent this house and through this agency.

Bad experience with one of the real estate agent. She was totally clueless and did nothing to earn her commission. Very uneducated.

I have experience extreme rudeness and mistreatment by the property manager Denise ** @ Century 21 Nachman Realty. My place was entered without permission or notification resulting in a police report being filed and when I was advised by the police officer who took the report to call the landlord to make sure there wasn't a burglary the emergency contact line advised by that Denise ** said, "This is not an emergency and I will call her back on Monday." My patio door was left open and I was alone with my 8 year old child for the whole weekend not knowing if someone broke into my place or if they would come back. I have been demeaned by this woman and she has been allowed to speak to me in any manner with no repercussions for her behavior.

The final straw was that I was ignored when asking repeatedly to be a part of the final walk-through and given the run-around when calling management. I sent a certified letter to the office manager Craig ** and to this day he has never responded. This company kept $1000 worth of my deposit when there was no major damage and refused to communicate when they were asked to show me the damages and respond to why our request to be a part of the walk-through was ignored.

I have been treated as a second class citizen. My rights have been violated according to the Virginia State law as we have the right to be present at the time of the exit walk-through so we can see any damages claimed. We requested both verbally and written and were completely ignore. Then bogus deductions were made to find reason to keep our deposit, I feel in retaliation for complaining about our mistreatment. We lived in the property for 2 1/2 years and always paid our rent on time with no problems so to be treated in this manager is both illegal and morally wrong. Craig ** has made no attempt to respond to the certified letter I sent nor follow up or issue any kind of reasonable explanation for Denise's actions and why she seems to be above any code of conduct, ethics or guidelines.

I just spoke to Margie **, the owner and agent at the realtor office. I wanted to discuss some points regarding the lack of service our agent had during the purchase of our cabin in Dover Bay, ID. I thought I would get the opportunity to find out more about the situation, also to see if this was normal procedure in the US, as no one would dare conduct business like this in Canada. I really wanted to resolve the situation, and approached it with a really positive attitude. After three messages, Margie left me a voice mail today demanding a conference call on Monday at 8:30 am. I phoned her back to discuss more.

Our conversation today was very brief. Margie told me she didn't have time as she was in a meeting. I said I would prefer a few moments to clarify things before proceeding with legal action, and she said she would prefer that route. I was dumbfounded, and said so. I laughed, and asked her if she would really prefer legal action over having a brief conversation with me to resolve. She raised her voice so loud.. refusing to allow me to even speak, telling me that this was an utter waste of time and she refused to listen to me. I asked her to stop yelling at me twice. She yelled that she wasn't yelling as she was in a meeting. She said, "Tom has been calling me over and over again" (which I find utterly astounding given he doesn't have my phone number). I said I was appalled that someone would treat clients like she was. She laughed and said this was ridiculous and hung up on me. Yes, seriously. My two year old son asked why I was crying. I am asking the same thing. How could anyone with a professional company under her belt treat someone with such disdain? I am dumbfounded.

May 27, 2014, Agent Sandy ** took us out to White Tail Trail Salem, AR at approximate 9:00 AM. The asking price of the property was $290,000 for the property, 200 Acres, along with appliances. The Seller happened to be there. Seller told us the history and showed us around the property, the house, the out buildings, the trail and the perimeters of the 200 Acres. When it was done, she offered us to sit and ask her any questions, which we did. We asked the seller how soon she wanted to close. The seller's response: "No later than mid-October."

Our Agent Sandy ** during the above process kept trying to get to leave and would try to cut off the seller and us as buyers. Agent Sandy proceeded to call the Listing agent and we couldn't hear what was talked about as she went to her car. Agent came back and said we need to go. Seller gave buyers hugs and said: "I hope we can work this out." Buyers: "We do too. Sandy will get something to you in the next day or so." Seller: "Thank you and have a safe trip back to MN." Buyers: "Thank you." With that we left and while driving back,

Buyers left for lunch and left for Minnesota. Agent called at 4:29 PM. Wednesday May 28, 2014 - Sandy ** and Randall ** were supposed to write up a FULL price CASH offer with $10,000 NON REFUNDABLE earnest money, with a closing date of Oct. 15, 2014 and NO CONTINGENCIES. When in fact Jewel ** told us they wrote the offer with full asking price, contingent to financing, refundable earnest money, home inspection, termite inspection, with closing Oct. 15. We had a 12:00 PM Thursday Deadline.

Thursday May 29, 2014 - At exactly noon Sandy called and said the offer was rejected and didn't know why. But good luck in the future. And Hung up. We NEVER did receive a copy of the rejection. Left a message for Jewel **, the OWNER to call us, also sent an email. Called another Realtor from Arkansas, told her the situation and she agreed to help. We again wrote up a FULL price offer NO contingencies, 60 day close, with a 5 PM deadline for Friday May 29. Jewel ** called said she spoke with Linda **. Linda stated to Jewel that it was rejected, the seller wanted 30-day close cash offer. But didn't know Randall wrote up the offer wrong And that we never received a copy of the rejection letter. But never offered to send one either.

Friday May 30, 2014 - Our new realtor called us at 5 PM and said our offer was rejected again, with absolutely NO EXPLANATION. Again, we wrote another offer for FULL ASKING PRICE, NO CONTINGENCIES, 30-day close CASH offer, with a 2 PM deadline for Saturday May 31, 2014. Saturday May 31, 2014 - Our Realtor called at 5 PM 3 HOURS AFTER THE DEADLINE and said Linda ** rejected our offer and didn't want to sell it to us. And that we need to talk to the broker. What broker? Our realtor kept asking, "What broker, and why is it rejected?" Linda ** kept saying, "Talk to the broker." When our realtor asked for the rejection letter, Linda ** again said talk to the broker. Our Realtor said contact your attorney on Monday.

We called Jewel ** and left her a message. Asked to know what was going on with her real estate company and her agents. Told her we put in a FULL price CASH offer that was rejected again and that we were going to contact our attorney! At around 6:30 we called Jewel ** again. She answered the phone. We told her we put in a FULL price CASH offer, NO contingencies and 30 day close and again it was rejected. Jewel then said: "It was just sold a few minutes ago to a broker in West Plains, a broker just bought it." When we asked "what", she again said a broker from West Plains just bought it a few minutes ago. KEEP IN MIND WE JUST HAD A FULL ASKING PRICE CASH OFFER WITH NO CONTINGENCIES WITH A 30-DAY CLOSE REJECTED AT 5PM, 3 hours after the deadline. We started to say, "How could..." and Jewel HUNG UP ON US! All of these people, Sandy **, Linda **, Jewel **, Randall ** broker/agent fraud, misrepresentation and displayed dishonest and unethical sales practices.

My husband and I move a lot and we never had any problems with renting a home, at least until we rented a house through Century 21 Southern Realty. The agency is unprofessional with a bad customer service. The agent who showed us the house didn't know how to answer any of our questions about the house. We decided to rent the house after we finally got the answers. The problems were just starting.

The biggest problem is the washer and dryer situation. The listing stated that the washer and dryer are included with the house and we got a confirmation from the agent. After moving in, the washer and dryer were missing. It took a month (and a hundred calls and visits from our side) for the agency to find out if the washer and dryer were really included and what happened to it. No one cared enough to give us an update on the situation and when we would call and ask about it, they wouldn't have an answer.

When they finally decided what happened to the washer and dryer, they supposedly ordered a new set, Yet again, no one cared enough to let us know. We found out after calling them to check on the situation and the answer was, "Oh, nobody told you? We ordered a new set." Of course they didn't know when the washer and dryer will arrive, but they think it's going to be here by the end of the month (by then it will be TWO months since we moved in). I don't have to explain how inconvenient it is not to have a washer and dryer for a longer time, especially with our busy schedules and no time to use a laundromat. I'm not even going to start about damage repairs and work that needs to be done after the previous attendees moved out. Not a single word about that yet, except We're tracking it.

The military community in the Fort Bragg area is huge and there are always new people looking for a home. When you're moving a lot, you want to find a place that's going to feel like home from the day one and avoid dealing with situations like this. We will make sure to share our experience with Century 21 Southern Realty with other families looking for a home.

My friend moved from Iowa to Arizona and trusted his real estate agent to find him a nice townhouse rental. She placed him into a high crime, high unemployment area and when he found this out, it was too late because his $900 check and lease agreement were already in the mail. This happened with Monica ** of Century 21 in Glendale, AZ.

I was under contract with Century 21 Atlantic, with ** in NJ. The sale never went through because I couldn't secure the loan. ** will not return my calls, my e-mails and most importantly my $5,000. I literally have nothing and the state of NJ told me they cannot do anything and that I have to take him to court. The lawyer told me I should have gotten my money back and yet no one is helping me.

What happened: Century21 agent Bonnie ** from Almar Rentals Port Charlotte, FL. We really liked a house and wanted to rent it so called Bonnie on Friday. She said there is already a contract on this house, but call back on Monday to see if they take it or not. We call on Monday. She says it was a mistake. There was never a contract on this house. Ok, we are happy and ask her to show it to us. She says she only can do it on Friday! We told her we really like the house and most likely want to rent it so is there anyone ahead of us? She says no, we are the first one and she will NOT schedule another appointment before us for sure, so don't worry! So finally, it's Friday. We are at the house on time, she is not there... We wait. We call her. She does not pick up the phone.

Finally after a while, she does pick up and says someone, just minutes ago, walked in her office and rented the house!! Now this is outrageous! She's not supposed to be in the office at the first place because she was supposed to be at the house to meet us! (By the way, she never called us the whole week or on Friday to confirm the appointment.) Also she should have told this people, "There is an interest on the house already, I have a showing and if they don't take it then you are next." And after all this, she was upset and thought she is right and we are wrong! Now, we still did not find another house to rent and running out of time because of this agent! Very upset!!!

I rent a house in Midway, GA. Century 21 is my property manager. Since May 2013, my wife and I have tried several times to resolve a leak in our roof which is causing damage to the ceiling in our bathroom. It appears that black mold is forming in the attic. Two times, a worker was sent to paint the ceiling. We contacted the property manager each time to let them know that this won't resolve the issue with the leaking roof. On the morning of December 28, 2013, I was in bed and heard somebody on my roof. I went outside to see what was going on. I explained to the roofer that he needed to leave and contact whoever he was working for and let them know that I wasn't aware of this appointment.

A courtesy phone call to me prior to somebody on my roof is in need. He left my house. I then left a message with Century 21 explaining the situation. On December 30, 2013, I received a phone call from the property manager who wanted to know my side of the story. I was a bit confused as she failed to realize that her job as a property manager is to coordinate such events: I report a problem, she arranges for somebody to fix the issue, let the homeowner know, then contact me when work is to be done on the house. The property manager's only response to this is that she doesn't have time for this and that maybe I should fill out a job application to work at Century 21. I also was asked by the property manager what I had under the blanket when I confronted the worker the second time I came out of my house on December 28? I was startled, I only came outside once to say what I stated above and I didn't have a blanket.

I can only imagine that I am being accused of chasing the worker off with a gun. This perhaps offended me more than anything as I don't own any guns and I don't feel that I need one to protect myself. I am having trouble understanding why my property manager is interrogating me? If the roofer felt that I chased him off with a gun, why wouldn't he have called the police? Century 21 should acknowledge that part of their responsibility to the renter is that a courtesy phone call or message of upcoming appointments for work to be done on a house is the right thing to do. I was deeply offended and feel an apology is in order by Century 21, the roofer, or by both for making up a story or accusation that I came out of the house with a gun covered by a blanket.

Ms. Ileana **, broker, & her staff have been completely Incompetent and Unprofessional. At No Time had I EVER Signed a Modification Form to Change the Listing Price. All of my photos CONSTANTLY had to be Updated & Changed, time after time, and ONLY upon my Request. Listing with her has been a complete Nightmare! I would hate to see anyone suffer as much as I have. At one point, she arrived at my home perfusing with the odor of alcohol omitting from her breath.

I was yelled at and belittled by a staff member at this realtor's office when we were out looking for a condo because my budget was too low and because I had already seen one condominium complex on my own prior to even meeting her. She took 5 to 10 minutes explaining to me how she makes her commission and how much money she makes off of the deal. This money hungry unprofessionalism made me extremely uncomfortable. I told realtor multiple times she was making me feel uncomfortable, the realtor was visibly upset and got an attitude with me.

Within 10 minutes I asked the realtor to take me back to my vehicle. Her negative attitude, rude behavior, nasty remarks, and unprofessionalism was a shock. In tears I called her manager and expressed how upset I was and before I could even explain what had happened, he hung up on me to call the realtor. I did not receive a call back for almost an hour. When he did he was unapologetic. He justified her bad behavior and He didn't even ask me what had happened. I have never experienced such awful customer service in my life. The staff at Century 21 Richard Realty in Margate, Florida 33073 should be ashamed of themselves for how they act and execute customer care. I am sure Century 21 would not want their name involved with a sales team like this. I hope that no one ever has to experience the type of treatment I received that evening by anyone ever.

Based on my experience, their core belief is once the buyer signs the contract, they are done with you. The next time you hear from them is the day of closing . As a Realtor/buyer, I'm appalled at their business ethics. Even the Broker shows favor to this type of behavior. BTW today is my closing and I'm still contemplating whether I should close or walk away, purely based on how I've been treated. I wonder if this is normal for them or maybe my African American skin color is playing a role here?

Century 21 Real Estate Company Profile