1.12/5
Based on 68 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

87 Century 21 Real Estate Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was selling my 2 homes myself when a person came to my home where I lived and said he was interested in my house. I spent about 35 to 40 minutes showing the property and answering questions. At the end, he then stated he was a real estate agent. I was upset but gave him the benefit of the doubt. He listed my smaller home $6000 less than what I wanted and sent me comparisons of other similar homes but they were all in need of much repair. I had just remodeled my home. He was constantly trying to devalue my property just so he could make a quick sale. There are other things he did that were highly unethical but I do not want to bore the reader with it so I will just say do not hire these people! Find a reputable agent to properly sell your home. Now I have wasted 6 months with these people as they are refusing to cancel the contract.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

First time home buyer here. We got in contact with Jeff through Zillow. At our only meeting, Jeff promised he would email us listings of houses we might want to see. He also asked us to sign a year-long contract. (Our first unknown mistake) I kept up with paperwork and sent him listings of houses we'd like to see. He always emailed right away saying he would check into the details the next day. 2 weeks later there was no contact or effort to get us a tour of the house. This happened over a dozen times. We got tired of it. We expect more out of a realtor. So I called Jeff's office and asked the broker - Conrad - to end the contract early.

2 weeks later I heard nothing in return from Conrad. I called again and asked about the termination letter. He said he would send it right away. 1 month later and we had no letter. I contacted Conrad yet again and he emailed me a copy of the letter he'd sent a month ago. He got our last names wrong and he sent the letter to my neighbor's house number. Absolutely frustrating. We are very glad to no longer "work" with Jeff ** and Century 21.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

In July 2017, this agent called my company Buoyline Pools and Services Limited to service the swimming pool at her tenant’s property. I met with her at the property and soon after proceeded to open, clean and got the pool up to swimming condition and billed her for the services rendered. When it’s time to collect, she refused to pay, lying that she never contacted us, never met me and that it was the tenant who’s supposed to pay. We’ve been very patient with her for over a year now, even contacting the tenant ourselves but were told differently. Each time we contacted her to collect payment, she would reply with more lies.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I am writing to complain about realtor Oscar ** BRE #** who is employed with Cardenas and Company through Century 21 located in Chula Vista, CA. due to the lack of professionalism and work ethics. We began our home search in mid January of 2018, we mentioned to Mr. ** that we had a preferred budget and he agreed to help us with our home search. Flash forward six months or so, my husband and I submitted an off to which is now our home in the beginning of June 2018; however we did go through the escrow process with him being dishonest about a lot of important information based on our home, Mr. ** made the whole process extremely stressful for my family and I.

The day we put an offer on our home, he mentioned to us he will be going out of town for a week in regards of a "business trip" and would have limited reception, he gave us the name of his partner David ** whom he works for, to reach out to him when we are unable to get a hold of him. When my husband did reach out to Mr. **, he would not be able to assist as much as we hoped and we were not a priority to him since we were not clients of his. We, as first time home buyers had no idea what we were doing nor what we were required to do. To make matters worse Mr. ** submitted our offer to the seller and did not include our preferable closing cost amount.

When we approached Mr. ** about our concern with the closing cost he apologized and stated he would gladly put in a part of his commission into our closing cost. My husband and I did not feel comfortable doing so and decided to back out, we informed Mr. ** we were going to back out from the offer and he went into depth about how much he cared for our family and insisted in giving us what we need in order to make us feel comfortable with our purchase, since he took his son to prior open houses we felt like it was unfair to take that away from his family; however Mr. ** was very persistent about sharing a part of his commission. My husband and I discussed his offer for hours until we finally came to an agreement and decided to move forward with his offer.

Weeks passed and Mr. ** became very rude and very unprofessional, we figured it was because we did not back out from his offer to sharing his commission which he had promised for the closing cost. Mr. ** texted us to stop “antagonizing” him and to contact his manager Angela ** if we wanted to complain about his behavior. I reached out to Angela and explained to her what we were going through with Mr. **, while I was on the phone with her I felt she did not have any interest in what I had to say about Mr. ** because she was constantly interrupting me in the middle of trying to explain how we were being treated. Mrs. ** explained to us to cut all contact with Mr. ** and will be working with her. Fortunately, we did receive the amount we were promised but it was not because Mr. ** was willing to give the amount but because he explained to his manager that he would in writing.

On June 25th 2018 Mrs. ** gave us the keys to our home but was very rude as well, she claims in the Cardenas and Company Youtube video that she enjoys to see her clients happy when she hands them keys but from my perspective my family and I were treated like crap. Mrs. ** and Mr. ** friendship is more important than their clients needs and will brush you off like nothing. This was the worst experience I have ever gone through!

On the day we received our keys we were finally informed where our parking spot was located after a month of asking him where it was located which is way behind our building and with two small children it has been a struggle. The company is joke and I can honestly say that they did a horrible job as a company to represent themselves as “professional”. Money is the only motive for them. Mrs. ** stated Mr. ** was reprimanded which we know she was being dishonest about that as well. Mr. ** speaks badly about past clients and claims he is in it for your family but at the end will screw you over. Mr. ** has no experience whatsoever and will experience first hand that he has no clue what he is doing as an agent.

Telling your agent to ask questions to the buyer and be more assertive is something you are not supposed to do as a client which I feel is very embarrassing on their part and you will see first hand that Mr. ** has no idea what he is doing. This company needs to get their family affairs out of the way and actually focus on their clients. We asked Mrs. ** where we are able to file a complain in regards of Mr. ** as well as herself and she stated she handles all the complaints and nothing much will be done because of this. Once we mentioned we will be writing bad reviews and reporting her firm to the bureau she quickly changed her whole demeanor and suddenly became very nice and pretended to cared about how we felt.

What my husband and I want from this ordeal is an apology from Mr. ** and Cardenas & Company, we would like them to admit their wrongs. We also want other future clients to be treated with respect as well as requiring sufficient amount training to Oscar ** because someone as incompetent as he is should not be selling homes for buyers who are serious about finding the perfect home for their family.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We put in an offer on a home negotiated a price, we accepted the counter and signed at 9 AM. 6 hours later we get a call stating the Century 21 agent Jordon ** never had the seller sign their counter. So at 3:08 the same guy Jordon ** with Century 21 turned in another offer to the seller and the seller accepted the other offer. COMPLETELY unethical behavior. As a buyer I am just LIVID at the unethical behavior of this agent. I called the owner of the Century 21 on Hilton Head and didn't even get an apology. Just was told the agent never got a signature from the buyer. Then why did you send us an unsigned counter offer and make us believe we just negotiated an offer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century 21?

Original review: July 6, 2018

My business relationship with agent Jennifer ** started off great - she was very considerate and helpful and seemed to genuinely want to help me. I am in a very emotional state because my husband passed away in November 2017, and starting in May I was looking for land to place a single wide home on. She knew from the very beginning this is what I had and that was the MAIN THING I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT... could a single wide manufactured house go on the property. The first property I looked at, she actually did call the codes office and validate what the property was zoned for. Unfortunately, that lot did not work out for me, and I found a different lot, which I closed on 6/21/18. My agent had assured me she checked and there was no restrictions.

My agent lied. I went on 7/3/18 to get a building permit, and was informed that my lot is in a Planned Residential Zone, which does not allow single or double wide homes. She is now blaming ME for not checking the zoning, because I had 2 weeks to inspect the property. She is also claiming she did check the zoning, but she did not - I have a text message from her indicating she only trusted the listing agent, and that "...seeing mobile homes are there, I had no reason to check further." This is absolute negligence and disgusting behavior. She knew what an emotional state I am in and how much help I needed. She acted like she was doing this because she wanted to help, because her commission was not much on the sale of the property. Regardless, she failed to do her job and at this point I may be out thousands of dollars that I do not have, to request re-zoning or if I have to upgrade to a modular home.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We worked with Preston ** was alright (he was the agent), but new. Quite a few miscommunications. Because we didn’t ask JUST the right questions, we didn’t get all of the information. He’s a very sly businessman. However, we believe that we could’ve worked things out with him. Matt **, on the other hand, is a misogynist who is also a very accomplished mansplainer. Seriously, avoid working with this man AT ALL COST. Their one and only concern is money, which is a part of business, but when it is ALL of your business, that makes for bad business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Very unhappy from the beginning. They wanted to show our home, with JUST exterior photos. Which I thought was very UNPROFESSIONAL. Then they demanded that I had to sign a Conditional Withdrawal form. Trying to convince me to sign by e-signature on the computer and send it to them, which I rejected. I requested a Unconditional withdrawal form, which of course they said they don’t do.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I sold a home with Century 21 earlier this summer. Overall I was fairly pleased with the amount and frequency of showings. However they were constantly trying to beat me down on my price. That is not cool. The house was worth 170000. They sold it for 142,500 after repeatedly beating me up on my price over a 30-day period of time. Very unprofessional but they did sell it in a very quick time frame. Of course giving away a property isn't that difficult. I listed a farm that I own with them.

The realtor is constantly blowing smoke up my ass. He had a state trooper that was pre-approved at the bank wanted to buy the property put $1,000 in earnest money down after almost 3 months. The state trooper default it fully on our agreement to purchase and Century 21 refuses to give me my earnest money. They keep telling me that I have to sue the purchaser however under contract it is the responsibility of Century 21 to collect and distribute all earnest monies. Now they will not return calls. They have threatened to drop my listing because I have complained about the earnest money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We had this real estate agent contact us and we said we were looking at a property and we were interested in it. But there were tenants in it. She said she knew the agent that was selling the property and she also knew how to get it in the contract that the tenants would be out by the time we moved in. But then she said she was going to Vegas. She promised us she would deal with it when she got back. We had concerns and said, "Well we are interested in the property. Can you please keep on it as we don't want to lose it." She kept saying she would. I emailed her what or she was gone and asked, "Are you keeping an eye on the property." I did not know what was going on but then got an email that we had an appointment to go see it on Wednesday. We were in the bank on Tuesday setting up our finances when we got a call from her. She sounded still drunk and out of it. She then proceeded to tell us the place was sold. I was in shock.

She tried to make excuses that just fell on deaf ears. When we contacted the agent we found out she had never called and made us an appointment and never kept in contact with home. It was all lies. When the manager was called he had a arrogant attitude and didn't care at all what happened. He kept interrupting and was so rude and unprofessional. I knew that there was no getting around it. We had lost our home to an unprofessional company run by and unprofessional manager who has unprofessional agents. We run a business and make over 100,000 a year. We were treated like we were hobos trying to break into a brand new home. Century 21 needs to go under. They destroyed our dream because partying and lying is their motto.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

If I could give negative stars, I most certainly would. Century 21 Masters in Brea is dishonest. To begin, we were never informed of the relationship between the escrow company and the real estate company - they were one in the same! They have involved 3rd parties in our sales transaction that are not parties to the sale, escrow, signers, deed holders, etc. They have allowed and actually forced our escrow to drag on for literally more than two years by their illegal actions of involving unrelated parties to the escrow. They have now followed procedures to have any of their desired 3rd parties complete the proper forms in order to be involved. Lastly, when we have no pending sale now (thanks to their actions) they are refusing to cancel the listing agreement despite the property no longer being available for sale and being rented.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My husband and I had an awful experience with Century 21 Real Estate during an attempt to buy a house. After my loan was denied by the bank, the seller and his realtor fought for the escrow deposit. The listing agent Karen ** and the broker Christine ** never let us talk directly to the seller which in my opinion was their way to manipulate the entire situation in order to fight for the money in escrow. At the end, we hired a lawyer who negotiated with them. The seller got $1200 from our deposit and then Century 21 required 50% of it. Be careful doing business with this company. If the deal does not go through, they will fight for your money even if it is not your fault that the transaction was not complete.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The people working here are extremely incompetent. We are also dealing with Sara ** and are facing the same problems. We also dealt with two other employees before her and they were either let go or quit without informing us that their emails and voicemails were not being checked. One of their former employees, Jonathan, told us that he was the only one who could fill out the move-in condition sheet, and he refused to write down anything that HE didn't think was a big deal. Lo-and-behold, Sara completed our move-out checklist and nit-picked EVERYTHING. We are now being charged for things we didn't do because Jonathan refused to write anything down. I won't even go into all of the unanswered emails and phone calls... If you don't absolutely have to deal with Century 21, then DON'T!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

After signing the tenancy agreement and before the keys were handed to us, our landlord abruptly ended our contract without notice, blaming the agency for not making him aware that we had pets, (which was discussed both verbally with the agent and clearly stated in reference forms for both tenants). Though in breach of contract, Century 21 backed the landlord's decision and refused to own up to their mistake. The agency also refused to refund their fees and have allegedly advised the landlord that he does not need to refund the 1.5 months rent paid to him in advance.

We have paid a total of £5,400.76 to the agency and have only received £3000 back, which was from the landlord. The staff at Century 21, including their senior staff are refusing to acknowledge their malpractice and are not taking responsibility for our, or the landlord's loss. We are now facing a legal battle to claim back what is rightfully ours. As it stands, the agency are holding on to £1500 and the landlord has kept a further £1000 in his pocket. Staff at Century 21 remain uncooperative and rude.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

If I could give this agency 0 stars I would! My boyfriend was in the Navy and got a VA home loan and they set us up with the agent Debbie **, in Marion, IL. We started looking, found a house we wanted and started to move forward with everything. Paid for inspections and appraisals and once everything was done, she contacted us and told us we had to pay approximately $500 to deal with termites because the sellers didn't want to pay for it and if we didn't agree to the payment of it we lost the house. Now let me tell you that the termite inspection was done one week prior to any of the other things we paid for, so the fact that we weren't informed of this at the time was very upsetting and already a breach of the laws of full disclosure that the agent has to abide by. Anyway we agree to pay of course cause at this point we've invested too much to back out.

Now fast forward to today, less than 24 hours to our closing, and same agent calls us again stating that we need to come up with $3300 now for closing costs that the seller is supposed to be responsible for (that's how a VA Home Loan works, and mind you they should have known this prior to signing any contracts, but seeing the history of the agent and full disclosure so far, she probably failed to mention this to them until now) because they can't afford it. Well guess what we can't either, not less than 24 hours to closing anyway! So either we find a way to do it or we lose the house and now the loan too since VA Loans hold an expiration date if we do not close before then.

I want this agent we worked with to pay for the losses she cause us during this process, and I will be contacting corporate to file a formal complaint with them on this agent and her actions as well, but I wanted this out there for others to see so they know to stay far away from this agency and this agent when buying a house!

Original review: July 30, 2017

I've had a bad experience being a first-time home buyer. My realtor was Liz ** out of Solano County and I've never felt so betrayed in my life. I started out believing everything she said and now I feel so scammed. I was told I could not be present during the home appraisals. The seller was covering the cost just trust her. I found out later. The house might be off foundation. From a neighbor that wanted to purchase the home.

I had no heat in the house or hot water no air condition and all of my appliances were supposed to have been new. I never received my Garage openers once the air conditioner was put together because pipes were missing in the attic. It made damage because the antifreeze filled up in a pan and overflowed and ran down the wall in one of the bedrooms; damage a dresser in the bedroom and came down the wall into the living room. Lunged into the ceiling and it's possible that there is mold in the house. Liz send a guy out to check it out. I don't know who the people or companies are that she sends to the house. After I ask her to take care of the problem that was cause from turning on the AC.

She never tells the truth. She keep putting me off, and putting me off, for 6 months now. Still has not been taken care of and we were trying to become to where we can talk and be friends. I would think after you make a big purchase like this to buy a home. When you can't believe someone how can you be friends with them. It was all about selling a house for her. As you walk around possible homes to purchase she said things were minor and she would have repairs done. She will fix this. "I'll take care of that. Don't worry about it." The promises were never taken care of. Who would have known it was just all talk trying to sell a house? Now I understand. I will never buy a house from Century 21 and M&M or Re/max anything to do with Liz **. I will stay away from those real estate.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Don't even bother working with Century Towers, by the end of the lease they will try everything in their power to take your security deposit from you by saying, "oh we need to fix this, fix that, there's a little tiny scratch, we're gonna have to patch every single one." They even blame us for damages done to the property that was done before we even came in. They have horrible business practices and I have to say that dealing with landlords directly is better than this. Century will take every penny from your security deposit lol.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I purchased a home for my grandson and his family in June of this year in the state of West Virginia. We found out that the home had mold. And we believe we have evidence that the listing agent Michael Corbin who is the owner of Century 21 Mountain Heritage has prior knowledge and did not disclose the mold to me. The home is not livable because of the mold. And the Mr. Corbin was very nasty when we tried to contact him about the issue of him having prior knowledge.

Original review: May 25, 2017

When googling the potential agent we ultimately used, I typed her name into google along w/ Century 21 company name. The website (from Century 21) had only positive reviews on her. Naturally, I thought we found a winner. She had a nice personality and many years in the business. But, she took the WORST pictures of the home we were trying to sell. We live in CA and the house we were selling was in MI. So, it's not like we could run over and take our own pictures. We were considering hiring a separate photographer to do a decent job of the pictures for her to use. I still can't believe an agent with more than 25 years of experience does not know how to take positive pictures of a house. The house was not in bad shape either. We spent a lot of money to dress it up before the sale (paint, refinished hardwood, etc., new toilet and vanity etc.).

I looked at her other listings and she did the same thing. Took close up pictures of washing machines full of crap on top etc. Seriously, can't believe that. We had another issue with her that I won't go into but my main complaint here is that Century 21 has a review of agents website that makes them all look perfect. I couldn't believe it. It's like a fake Yelp site. I now know better and thank goodness the house sold in about 1 month's time despite her inept ability in picture taking.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Realtor Janie ** and broker Doug **. Realtor was totally incompetent as evidenced by fliers and pictures that my 8 y/o grandson could have done better!! Asked for redo and got more of the same. Realtor used whiteout on disclosure form also which caused huge ordeal and cost for me the seller. Realtor refused to hold open house saying that, "We can't do that on a house that old" (built in 1987) and totally flipped at a cost of 60,000$. Realtor misquoted sq ft on house. I attempted to fire realtor before end of contract but backed out because Realtor pleaded, "They really frown on that. You are making me feel really bad."

My mistake, too late now because irreparable damage has been done. My house finally came under contract after 5 plus months and it's too late to fire Realtor. Have complied to every whim Realtor evidently is working for buyer instead of me the seller. At walk thru today realtor says the buyer wants "touch up" on ceiling in hall and laundry room. My response is a firm NO. I've done all that I'm going to do, the house is near perfect. I've left paint for buyer of ceiling paint. Now realtor says we may not close because I say NO to doing anything else. I spoke to broker Doug ** today and he says that I should be "grateful" to realtor! You're kidding me right??? Realtor is lopping off 6 percent that they did not earn in any stretch of imagination. What a way to run a business!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I presented two offers to the realtor listing a house that was for sale. The first answer was an immediate "no", too low. The second, no response at all. It is my understanding that it is not ethical for a realtor not to present all offers, written or verbal, to the seller, then give a response to the potential buyer. It is not up to the realtor to decide if an offer is acceptable, it is up to the seller. Even if the price offered is lower than what the realtor thinks the buyer is willing to accept, he/she is still obligated to present the offer so the buyer knows what level bids are that are being offered. This is not good practice and makes C21 agency look pretty bad on both ends of sales.

I think the seller should be made aware that the realtor is not bringing all offers and I will attempt to do that. I have seen this before, and it is usually a sign that something shady is going on, something like the realtor knows, or is related to, a prospective buyer and is trying to get the price down for them, or something along those lines. In any case, agents should always be professional, and always follow guidelines for ethics even when technically not required by law. When they do not, it reflects badly on the agency and the corporation. C21 is not an agency I will ever use, and will not recommend them to anyone else. No honesty in this agency.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

We had an appointment to go see a home in American Fork. As soon as we arrived, Garrett, an agent steps in front of my husband and I and says, "We are not going in until you sign this paper." I was startled and thought, "What is this paper" and he continued, "Well, I am broker and to make my travel here worth it you need to sign these documents and blah blah blah." The document asked for us to pay at $300 fee even if we don't even end up buying the home through them plus a 3% of the cost of the home if we end up buying it. He was rude, obnoxious, and made me uncomfortable. I would NEVER do business with them and NEVER recommend them to anyone. It seems like the whole company pushed for this kind of nasty sales approach, which is unfortunate... Plus, we could see from the hallway how bad the house was. The pictures online looked nothing as the real thing. There were cracks on the wall and floor that would need to be fixed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I am deeply saddened by the poor quality of the real estate agents at Century 21. One in particular, her name is Sherrie **. She showed my home for sale with her friend. Upon arriving, two people pulled in behind her in a black jeep and started roaming my property. She asked them who they were and they responded, "We are waiting for the owner's friend to get here." She went inside the home and when she came out, their vehicle was still there but they were "nowhere in sight". I returned to my property two days later to find my garage completely ransacked and picked through. Whatever was worth any value was stolen. Dehumidifier, pedestal sink, christmas decorations, clothes, step ladders, down to the lawn mower belt hanging on the wall. When I got there, I was devastated.

Filing a police report was no help. I contacted my jerk real estate agent from Berkshire Hathaway and said I wanted a list of any agents that were showing my house that weekend. I found Sherrie's contact information and asked her questions. She said she saw the black jeep and met the people! She was willing to help me the night I found out but the next day I didn't exist. She said they are just things... then blocked me. JUST THINGS?! My whole garage was robbed on her watch and she MET THEM. What a ** company and a ** real estate agent. I will remember that when I go to decorate my Christmas tree and the totes full of brand new lights are gone. THANKS SO MUCH CENTURY 21!!! You make me feel like a valued individual.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I made the unfortunate choice to work with Toby & Teresa from Century 21 Kirkland Wa. I found a condominium in Auburn, Wa, that was a short sale fixer upper. It needed a lot of cosmetic work and was filled with the seller's belongings. I loved the yard & decided to give it a try. After several months of waiting, my offer was accepted. Toby sent over the contract, and it was for the wrong property. That should have been my first clue, but, I missed it. I also listed my house and Teresa was handling that.

A couple of weeks before closing, I asked if the items in the house had been removed yet. Toby checked and said not everything, but they were working on it. So, I thought that meant it would be handled. I was told that I had to go to the Title Co. and get everything paid for before I could get keys. So I did. The next day we met Toby at the house to get the keys and no lock box and no key. It took several hours for the other agent to get a key. When we opened the door is all I could see was a disaster. The back sliding door had been boarded up and the place looked like it had been ransacked. We went in and discovered that squatters had stolen the lock box and gotten the key and moved in. There was drug related items through the house. They had even installed more of their own locks on the bedroom door.

The realtor made a comment about "Here is the key", and I said "No way. Get the locks changed now." Toby's comment was I'm not going to pay for it. I called the police, and they came over and gathered all the drug related items. I had to sit there until about 10:00 pm to wait for the locksmith. I was scared, angry and frustrated. Is all the realtors said is they didn't know how this could happen.

Obviously, I was starting to freak out, I had already sold my house and knew I didn't want to move to the "squatters paradise." I went online to see if I could find a solution, and discovered Century 21's "through the looking glass" approach to real estate. This included a list of all the steps they take to "ensure" client satisfaction. On the list was a final walk through checklist and instructions to complete the final walkthrough. Toby & Teresa didn't provide the opportunity for a final walkthrough. I would not have handed over my money until the problem had been addressed and corrected.

I e-mailed the realtors and asked why I didn't have that. Response was, "I wish we would have done that." They wish! I said I was not going to move in. I was told I signed a contract and bought the condo. They said they would do everything to "help." I am so naive. I thought they meant "physically" help. But they actually sent me listings of new properties to buy and talked about getting the "squatters paradise" ready to sell. I will say, that was the first time I could laugh at the situation, they actually thought I would ever do business with them again.

Then the push started in with my house that I had sold. I said I wasn't going to sell it. So, I was turned over to their legal department. I said I would sell, because I had signed a contract and said I would need at least a couple of months to sell and buy a new place. Teresa said the seller wouldn't do that, but would rent back my house to me for $1,200 a month. Right. Teresa kept sending me paperwork to sign, and certificates I needed. I was having trouble trying to retrieve a resale certificate. I sent Teresa my log in information and asked her just to take a look at it. It was determined that it wasn't working. She went ahead without my knowledge or permission to cancel my document and request another.

When I confronted her about that violation, she said she was trying to minimize my paperwork overload. I told her I didn't ask for that, nor did I give her permission to log into my account and do whatever she wanted. I have no idea if she changed anything. At this point, I don't trust Toby and Teresa or believe anything they say. Most recently, I was advised the buyer wants an extension on the closing date! I had to laugh at that too. The buyer wouldn't grant me an extension, but now he has requested one. I did give him the extension, I don't need that fight.

My experience with Teresa and Toby from Century 21 Kirkland is my experience and my opinion only. However, based on my experience I would not recommend them ever. My communication with them was practically nonexistent They were never an advocate for me and they never were accountable for anything that happened. I have already had to pay over $1,000 to get the trash hauled out. The squatters kicked in the back gate and I have to pay for that. They also ran drug related items down the garbage disposal, so that has to be replaced. For fun, they ripped out the floor heaters, so I have to replace them as well.

I was expecting to buy new carpet, but since it is now a rush, I had to pay an additional $300.00 to have carpet installed before Christmas. I had budgeted about $3,000 for flooring and paint, but, that is what it has cost me for repairs. Teresa and Toby will probably make between $8,000 to $10,000 from me and they have their hands out to get their money. They are definitely "in it to win it" only for themselves. Friends don't let friends use Century 21.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

My money is in escrow for Homeowners insurance and Property Taxes yet every time year it's a fight to get them paid. Again I have received a cancellation notice from insurance and the bill was sent and faxed to them FIVE TIMES along with being emailed. If I had another option for my mortgage I would surely be there.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I made a purchase with Century 21 Real Estate Company, and they send me a letter asking me to cancel the contract. However, I refused and I could no longer reach the Real Estate Agent Tonya **, neither the manage Mr. ** at the San Antonio, Texas location. A real estate agent have fiduciary duties to their clients but I was totally discriminated against and then my house was sold while under contract. When I go out to make other real estate purchases the agents are asking for proof of funds before they are willing to show the property to me. Once I give them all the information showing that I have the ability to purchase they give me the runaround or it's become very difficult to reach them again. This is discrimination against Native Americans and I'm asking the Consumer Affairs Company to investigate it for me. This is happening throughout the state of Texas, with all the Real Estate Agent no matter what city.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

21 Century in Noosa Heads was the property managers for the rental I purchase recently, changed management and gave them 30 days as required. They sent a letter to the tenant the day before the contract run out so the tenant paid in rent the same day without knowing it was a change in management. They transferred the rent the tenant paid in minus $70 for their management fee for 1 day. I rang up and got the answer they have the right to do that because the rent arrived in their account before our contract run out, 1 day. I thought not very reasonable or flexible. Just very greedy. Will never go back to them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

A listing agent, Carol Ann worked with our agent for a purchase we were making. This purchase should have been easy as there was no mortgage involved. We started with a termite inspection to which we found there was evidence of termites but we were told the owner had a contract that was transferable. Our next step was an inspection in which we found there was $7,000 worth of work that was needed. She spoke with the seller and the seller took $2,500 off the purchase to compensate.

Next we had a survey, and I would advise you to NEVER purchase without a survey. When the survey was done, it was ascertained that the fence that was presented as the sellers, was actually encroaching on the North end by 1/2 ft, but on the South by 2 1/2 feet. First she came back and said the fence was not the sellers, then a couple of days later she said that 62 ft of the fence on the south was the sellers and the seller offered to credit $500 for removal of trees, replanting them and repositioning the fence. We had no idea if this could be done for $500 as we lived in another state so we asked for 3 quotes stating we would settle for the smallest and requested the owner to have the fence replaced before closing which was now 2 weeks away.

She presented only 1 quote to our lawyer for $550 with no letterhead on the quote. Next we asked for an affidavit to be signed by the sellers stating the fence was encroaching and was theirs. The sellers refused. Carol Ann then got back to our lawyer and said the fence was actually the neighbor's fence, which would not be an encroachment. Alright, so again we asked for an affidavit from the sellers and they refused. A title must be clear of encroachments to be considered clean, but FYI, a bank will never loan on a title with encroachments. If the buyer accepts the encroachments then you are responsible for any circumstances that result in the future.

In the end, after spending money on an inspection, a survey and a lawyer in addition to our substantial earnest money, she then said the deal was off. Obviously there were a lot of lies being told. After months of researching, we now have to start all over!! I might add, if you change agents and you are asked to present a referral for a fee to be paid to the old agent by the new, you do not have to unless you want to. Our agent asked us to do this stating he had worked hard, went through a lot of bumps and spent a lot of time!! That is their job, and the expense to us far exceeded his.

Original review: June 17, 2016

My family and I were recently referred to Century 21-High Desert by the USAA referral program. The agent from High Desert was less than helpful and seemed more interested in telling us about her personal life than helping us find a home. She was unable/unwilling to find homes that met our criteria, though we were able to find many viable options with a simple Zillow search. We had to initiate all communications with her, and she was slow in responding to my calls. When we looked at homes, she was unable to provide us with relevant information and we had to rely on my own research. She provided less information about homes/neighborhoods than was readily available on Zillow and questions I asked her went unanswered. I would have found another agent at this point had it not been for the USAA referral.

We found a house that the agent didn’t even know was on the market and put together an offer. However, the agent stopped us in the middle of trying to come up with a closing date and suggested a date a few weeks away. We told her that the date she provided fell in the middle a starting a new job, my college finals, and was a few days before a deployment. The agent promised that the date was just for the offer and could easily be changed. After the offer was accepted, we did not have any contact from their office for at least a week so I, again, initiated contact. At my questioning, I was told the closing date would not be changed and my questions why were, again, not answered. We contacted USAA and told them of the issues. After USAA called the High Desert office, the agent began pushing us to do a walk through prior to the house being vacant. My attempts to reach the agent’s supervisor went unanswered so we again contacted USAA.

USAA arraigned for a supervisor from High Desert to take over but we had no contact from the supervisor prior to the walk-through/closing. We rescheduled finals and work days to get everything done before my deployment. During the walk-through, we found the house filthy and damaged from the sellers moving out. The supervisor even pointed out the poor condition the house was left in and said she was coordinating with the sellers to fix the issues. We told the supervisor that the house was not maintained per the signed agreement and asked to push back closing until those items could be fixed. The supervisor promised us that the house would be cleaned and repaired, even if her “office has to pay for it.” With that promise, we closed on the house.

I did not receive another phone call from Century 21- High Desert. Instead all communication was via text message and occasional email. The supervisor’s correspondence was rude and she ignored her promises to us. The house was still filthy a number of days later, and Century 21-High Desert outright refused to keep their promise. We had to hire a cleaner so that my wife, small children, and mother could move into a clean house while I was on deployment.

Original review: April 1, 2016

It seemed this realtor was always targeting low income people who sadly for them and me they could not be QUALIFIED for a house mortgage above 60,0000 if that, through the showing which I had to a week for 4 months straight. They're the people who could not afford the loan and all I heard from agents was no basement or garage, but they liked the 6 beds and 2 baths? I asked why did they not explain before they wasted my time that this what you get! I spent eight thousand dollars fixing up my house to sell and that's all I hear from buyers? I think that was lies to bring my price down for a QUICK sales.

Century 21 Real Estate Company Information