2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Shop on Ace
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5

Valspar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valspar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valspar?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

We recently added on to our house and then had to paint all of the original room because they looked terrible. I was working at Lowe’s at the time and was able to talk to one of the paint guys. He told me just what I need for each room and made some great recommendations. The house looks great now. Valspar paint really had some great coverage.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Best for coverage in one coat. The extra cost is worth it in the long run when it's time to wipe down the surface to clean. I use it in all my rentals because it actually saves me time and money. Greasy handprints wipe off easily meaning I don't have to repaint as often.

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I used this paint, Gloss White, on the Hardie Board exterior siding I have on my home. I first prep'ed the surface by washing the wall with "Tide w/ bleach". I sealed the roofline and side edges with DAP Alex Plus 40 year caulk. Then I painted the wall with Kiltz water base white primer to give the Valspar oil base Enamel paint good adhesion. The Valspar enamel was a little "thick" straight out of the gallon can. I poured about a "pint" of paint out of the gallon can into one of those plastic paint mixing buckets they sell in the paint section.

Added a "splash" of mineral spirits to the pint and mixed it with a 4 in brush I used to apply the enamel paint. The mineral spirits thinned the enamel paint and made it easy to spread good coverage. There was a lot of little drips, no problem as long as you brush them off right away. One coat of paint was all I needed. One gallon covered half of my exterior walls. I now have a beautiful white exterior that looks like it has a clear coat of paint over it. Glows in the moonlight. Repeals moister and rainwater. The can said 7 days for paint to full cure. Slow cure equals longevity. I painted in June in DFW Texas outside Temp was in the 90's.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

We bought 6 gallons of Valspar Signature semi gloss paint from Lowe’s. We pulled down trim, missed, and textured walls. I read these reviews and almost had a heart attack but the reviews couldn't be more off base. We chose Juniper Breeze and it only needed one coat. The kitchen and living area were done in Coconut milk and it barely needed a second coat. My husband is now taking the tape off of the walls and it is beautiful!! I don’t know if the others maybe didn’t prep correctly, or if they didn’t cut the tape before pulling it off (which would pull the paint off). We will continue to use Valspar for the rest of our home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

We recently had our bathroom redone and bought Valspar ceiling paint at the recommendation of Lowes Home Improvement Center. Within a few weeks of the contractor sanding the ceiling and applying a primer, and two coats of Valspar paint, the paint was peeling off of the ceiling. Although the product failed, the Product Support Department reimbursed us for the cost of labor as well as the cost of the paint. I am disappointed in their product, but they showed me integrity by paying me back 100%. I deducted one star because it did take over 60 days to get the money after the online claim was filed. In addition, I had to reject their initial offer to reimburse for the paint only. With that said, they made the proper restitution and I give them credit for fixing their problem.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We have used Valspar interior paint for years at several houses. It always has good coverage and requires less coats than other brands we have tried. We also like the variety of color choices.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

One coat covers. Creamy colors. Durable. Color last. Will not fade. Easy to wash. The price is reasonable. I believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to paint.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have used Valspar paint for several years and have never been disappointed. It applies easily and gives good coverage. It is also usually reasonably priced and is carried by both Lowe's and ACE.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Valspar has low odor which is a benefit due to family members being asthmatic. Quality of paint is great, covered with two coats. Paint color is exactly what I wanted and final project was a hit with everyone. Would definitely recommend this brand!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Reliable manufacturer. Huge variety of paint material for all finishes type, all structures and textures and all colors and shades. Prices are always fair, and coverage per gallon are accurate. Fits big jobs and small jobs, for professionals and beginners.

Valspar Company Information