Valspar

Valspar Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valspar?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valspar?

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Sadly I got cheap and picked up a gallon of Valspar paint for my 1/2 bath project. Well what was a cheap idea turned into being more expensive because I now have to repaint this bathroom. It looks like a disaster, streaking and horrible coverage even after 2 coats.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

Several days after painting my 1000 sq ft basement with Valspar concrete paint. I made sure it had dried for over 48 hours I did my first test walk. I quickly found out the paint scraps off easily with any kind of movement on it.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2023

I recently tried Valspar paint, enticed by its promise of one-coat coverage. Unfortunately, it fell short of expectations. Despite three coats, the finish was uneven with noticeable streaks, making the guarantee of a single coat seem like a distant dream.

Reviewed July 1, 2023

Bought flat Grow interior paint, Valspar Signature. Had to do 3+ coats and walls still look streaked. Also when it dries it leaves tiny holes in the paint where the original color shows through (slightly darker color). Touch up took as long as painting. Very disappointed in the quality. We are painting the interior of our home and now will be changing paint color and brand.

Reviewed June 6, 2023

Valspar Paint, Fence and Deck; is a lower grade product. The paint sold within Lowe's is very expensive and touts a 10 year deck and 25 year fence warranty. However, if the paint fails in any mannerism, be prepared to do a significant amount of hoop jumping. The staff of Lowe's seems to want the customer to go through a lot of 'provide receipts, provide the product, provide pictures, provide a sample of the defective paint, provide a date when the paint was applied, provide a time when the paint was applied; a lot of nonsense hoping the customer will eventually go away.

The staff of Valspar is very arrogant and leads the customer into a further hoop jumping exercise; all meant to discourage the customer from filing or asking for a warranty replacement. The bottom line is; go elsewhere, AVOID LOWES and AVOID VALSPAR.. buy anywhere else and anything else.. just don't buy from this rip-off company or use their rip-off products.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase

Reviewed June 6, 2023

I used one gallon Valspar Latex Satin Interior + Exterior Porch, Floor & Patio Wood & Concrete paint purchase from Lowe's. It was very very disappointing, after preparing the front porch concrete. The paint went on very easily and covered well. I used the whole gallon because it required a whole gallon to cover the entire area. After about 4 days I noticed it began to peel and scuff up. So I went to Lowe's to see if they would warranty the paint issue. I spoke to the Manager of Lowe's and she said since I used the whole gallon Lowe's wouldn’t do anything. She said file a complaint with Valspar. "Well I had to use the whole gallon to cover my porch", I told her. She said she wouldn’t do anything for me and more or less get lost. So I left and decided to just lose $34.18. Good Bye Valspar!

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2022

Stick with the Duramax lineup of Valspar paint. I’ve painted my three homes I owned as well as my children’s homes. My grandfather was a professional painter and wallpaper hanger owning his own business. He taught me how to paint using the best paint and brushes. Tapping of edges to paint was for sissies. He taught me to flow the paint into edges. With Defense paint it is impossible. Had to tape off everything for the first time to paint and I’m in my 60’s. Paint does not flow off the brush and streaks when you paint. Had to push paint into corners and details on my paneled doors and shutters. This paint is a loser. Stay with the Duramax lineup. Had to give three coats of paint on all surfaces and still not satisfied with the results! Contacted Valspar customer service and got email response telling me everything I’m doing wrong with the paint. Ok; whatever you say!

Reviewed April 18, 2022

Applied 4-coats - 1-full gallon - of Valspar's perfect white semi-gloss paint over a primed 8x10 kitchen wall using a Wooster pro 3/8 shed-resistant woven smooth finish roller head over a four day period. First coat looked like crap after drying - absolutely no uniformity - so I lightly sanded the entire wall and applied coat #2... Which also looked like crap after drying. And so on, and so on!

After a final re-sanding and 4-days of wasted time - not to mention my out of pocket expense for said crappy valspar paint - I then applied one coat of Behr's ultra scuff defense using same equipment and the wall now looks like I would have expected it to have looked after a single coat of valspar's so-called 'perfect white"... Never again. BTW the way, for your information, as an investor and broker in residential real estate, I've personally painted well over 200 properties over the past sixty years. I know how to prepare and paint a wall... Period! I now also know that I will never consider valspar's product line again, as well as, spread the word.

Reviewed April 24, 2021

We decided to try Valspar after seeing an ad for it. Bought it at Lowe's and painted the bathroom in what was supposed to be one coat. One coat does not cover. The smell is horrible. It has been 7 days and even with the exhaust fan on and the door closed, the smell is still there and lingers into the other room if the fan is turned off. We purchased a gallon thinking we could do 2 of our bathrooms but not an option since there is not enough left, Thank God! We bought Benjamin Moore to do our son's room which is much bigger than the bathroom and it only used 3/4 of a gallon. One coat went on smooth unlike the Valspar. The fumes were nothing like Valspar and was gone in 2 days. So glad I did the guest bath first because the fumes would not be bearable in the morning in our master bathroom. I just hope the smell goes away soon. Do not buy this paint.

Reviewed April 6, 2021

I have been a painter for over 40 years, and have used several brands. Recently purchased Valspar at Lowe's. Big mistake- Inferior product at best. Bought 1 gallon semi gloss @ 40 + dollars to paint a bathroom --2 walls @ 8x8. 4 coats and still not covering dark paint that was on the wall!! Gliddon or Sherwin Williams from now on! Never never never Valspar again!!!

Valspar Company Information