Tile Redi

Coral Springs, FL

Compare Bath & Plumbing Companies

Research top Bath & Plumbing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered an tile ready base on a Monday. By Weds the client changed their mind. I called to cancel within 48 hrs and was told item shipped and there is a 20% restocking fee for the return. I was told it shipped already and that the policy. I asked for a mgr and was told he would call. He never called. I told them I never even received item and that this is ridiculous. They rerouted the item back to them and charged me delivery fee AND 20% restocking. I could understand the delivery but 20% for an item I did not receive is a shakedown. I complained and said there is a 48hr waiting period on orders but to no avail. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN>>>

I ordered a 36 x 60 shower pan with a bench from Tile Redi. They sent me a 36 x 48 shower pan with a 12 bench. I called them to let them know they sent me a smaller pan than what I ordered. The lady I spoke with informed me I needed to include the size of the bench in the total measurement of the shower pan. I went on to explain to her that had I known this, I would not have ordered the bench because I wanted and ordered a 36 x 60 pan. My bathroom design has already been laid out to accommodate for the size of the pan. I informed the lady from Tile Redi that since this is her claim, I needed to return the product since what I have now is of no use.

Tile Redi return policy is 20% re-stock fee plus shipping costs. Given these circumstances, it will cost me approximately $485 to return the product to them. On top of this, Tile Redi determines whether or not the product is of additional use to them for re-sell. Basically, if I spend approximately $485, there is no guarantee that I will be refunded the difference of what I initially paid. The lady I spoke with absolutely refused to put me in touch with the owner or manager of the company. The lady assured me she will forward my e-mailed complaint to the owner. I received a message from someone from the company earlier the next day. I returned his call the same afternoon, leaving a message. It has now been several days with no return call from the gentleman that I called. I called the gentleman again and e-mailed the lady. The lady said she will forward my e-mail over again. Still no response from anyone to resolve this issue.

On top of these issues, I went ahead and had two licensed & bonded contractors bid my bathroom out after receiving the shower pan kit from Tile Redi. Both Contractors went on to inform me that I paid too much for the quality of the product I'm now stuck with. I went ahead and researched the company and there are several complaints from other customers that have experienced the same exact situation I am dealing with. I even offered to buy a 36 x 60 shower pan from the company with no bench, if they allowed me a smooth return transaction! Hopefully my situation reaches many before ordering, so no one has to experience what I and several others have had to deal with! Low quality product with low quality customer service = low rating from me.

The Tile Redi shower pan and associated products received, at a cost of $726.10 (Invoice **), were neither as advertised or described. Their return restocking fee is a ridiculous 20%, or approximately $145.22. In addition, returns are at buyer's expense. If the same shipper, the quoted return shipping cost is $322.64. So, returning the items purchased would result in over a $467.86 loss. In my opinion, this company mis-represented their product, and make it way too costly to return their product if needed. Hence, I do not think they should be in business.

The shower niche was not as described, in that the dimensions given were the outer dimensions and not the compartmental dimensions. Therefore our soap dispensers would not fit and we called to find out how to return the product. During the call I was informed that RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. I inquired if this was posted with other sales information on their website. I was told that I was informed in the email I received confirming my purchase. So the only notification I had that returns were not accepted was correspondence I received from the company AFTER I already purchased the product.

Their website includes the offer for custom made shower pans and hypes how they can make what you need. What they don't say is that it is for builders and they do bulk work only. As an individual customer, they treat you just like a box store would, take what they have or leave it. For the price what they want, you can get better treated elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tile Redi?

The first pan Tile Redi sent us was a defective pan. The water pooled up on one side after it was tiled. It turns out the drain was sticking up a bit. We called the company and they told me to add up what it would cost to have it removed/replaced. This was a waste of time, as the boss had no intention of ever paying for the labor or wasted tile. It cost me hundreds of dollars in labor and material to remove it. Tile Redi sent a new one. The second one was broken in the box. Having learned our lesson, we tested the third one for draining and wouldn't you know that it also had a problem with water not draining (before we tiled). Everything was level, but water pooled up for over 12 hours. This time it took Doug three weeks to respond to me to tell me that they wouldn't do anything for me. They told me we could remove it, but since we didn't buy it directly from them, they couldn't guarantee that the company would refund our money. They don't care about the customer, and don't stand behind the product. Do not buy this. I rate it a zero because I still have a defective one installed. Luckily my contractor built a new slope so the tiled pan works. Be careful. Choose another product that works and has customer service.

I used the Tile Redi pan and it was the best and the easiest pan I have ever used. As for other complaints I have seen, I don't understand how someone lost the pitch. All Tile Redi pans are pre-pitched. I love this product and it's sad to see people who complain because they didn't read the simple instructions.

We ordered a shower pan online; it came and was cemented into place in our shower. At that point we realized it was flat and didn't have the built-in slope required for the water to run into the drain. The pan was already cemented in place and the shower walls tiled. We had to jury-rig the shower by building up a slope with tiles and shims; this may not hold up over time and is an imperfect solution at best.

Tile Redi Company Profile