2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

Snapper Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have a 2008 Snapper garden tractor with a mower deck. It always starts easily and runs strong. It mows well and enthusiastically does all that I ask of it including hauling large loads of firewood on a trailer. The only problem I've had involved mice taking up residence in the engine compartment and chewing on the wiring.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought my ST2446 24 HP. riding lawn mower with 46 in. mowing deck on 06/28/2018 at WalMart. On 06/29/2018 started mowing. 10 minutes into mowing the right front wheel fell off. Called Snapper Customer support, asked if they could send me an e-ring. SS said I would have to take it to a certified Snapper Dealer, unfortunately the only one available is about 40 miles from where I live. He said he would email me a list of certified repair facilities close to me. Never received a list from SS. I finally found the parts, 3 washers, e-ring and rubber cover. Straightened parts in a vice, jacked up mower and re-installed wheel. About 2 hours wasted due to poor workmanship. If it falls off again within 30 days, I will take it back to WalMart for a refund. Warranty is like most other warranties. Customer has to take to a certified support dealer who may get to it within a month or so. MAYBE???

Original review: June 4, 2018

VERY DISAPPOINTED with the 23/42 (2691450). Before I even used it to mow, the Brake Pedal froze (broke). That's POOR QUALITY (breaks BEFORE even using it). That really concerns me about the quality, if it really will last or something else breaks. Dealer had to come get it. He wouldn't trade it for a new one, & would cost $500+tax for a new one. That's also POOR CUSTOMER service. Also, purchased it brand new. I know it is under warranty, but now I will have a NEW REPAIRED model, instead of a NEW NEW model. I previously had a Snapper Zero Turn, but as of now, I don't think I will buy another Snapper, & unfortunately I am stuck with this one.

So I guess I am stuck with a NEW USED mower and a dealer not really concerned about Customer Service and the reputation of Snapper. I like Snapper, owned a Zero Turn and no problems. This mower had NEVER been used, broke BEFORE I even had the chance to mow. That doesn't say much about Snapper products & quality. I had hoped for help and a better solution from Snapper company. Actually I would have been happy just to exchange (not having to pay $500+tax! ), because now I am concerned of possible more issues with the mower & poor Snapper and dealer support. P.S. Sears, Lowe's, & Home Depot have 30-day return policy.

Original review: April 27, 2018

SCAM! I don't usually write review unless I feel like it was an incredible experience, or a horrible experience, and this happens to be on the horrible side. A couple weeks ago, I contacted Snapper looking for a photographer to shoot a vacant condominium that I was listing for sale, on behalf of a client here in Seattle, WA - USA. The price was $150/Shoot which seemed to be okay, and the photographer Charlie was friendly enough, so I thought why not try out a new photographer, since my old photographer moved to Florida. The results were the biggest garbage you've ever seen. A 2 year old with a Razor Flip Phone could have produced better photos than what Charlie produced. So what did I do, I reached out requesting a refund. After a lot of back and forth over 5 days they came to the conclusion that because he did the 'Job' they wouldn't be refunding me.

They said the following: "The photographer, Charlie, was able to go to the shoot and was able to do it despite that there are no specific instructions provided to him (angles, lighting, etc.). Our photographers, only do standard photographic editing to ensure that your photos look amazing. However, as we have reviewed the photos taken from the shoot with Charlie and from the reshoot you did, seems that the photos from the reshoot are more enhanced. Like it was enhanced using Photoshop." I ended up hiring another photographer, for roughly the same amount who did an incredible job! Good news is scammers never last long in business!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I have owned Snapper mowers since 1977 and this is my last one. I have a 21 inch walk behind that requires new parts constantly for the drive mechanism. I finally got tired of feeding the beast new parts and decided to remove the mechanism and make it a push yourself mower. Four hours and a grinder and cold chisel and large hammer just to disassemble this poorly designed piece of work. Hope they saved a fortune in manufacturing because the shortcuts are glaring when you take this monster apart. This is my last American designed mower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Snapper?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I see complaints about the 1 inch strip of grass not cut when using this mower. What I found out, after extensive research is an answer for it. You will need to purchase a "High Lift" blade (not mulching blade) and bag your grass. You likely will be able to use the side discharge, but not the mulching attachment. Mulching blades no matter what brand I have tried are not made to lift the grass for a clean cut. It seems to be a problem with every mulching mower I tried to include Honda, Toro, Ariens, Cub Cadet and Troy Built mowers.

What drew me to High Lift was a sharpening shop and experience with Snapper's High Lift Mower. I had Snapper High Lift mowers for 36 years and none ever disappointed me. Every mulching mower has been a disappointment. It appears that the mulching mowers do not have the high compression that High Lift Mowers have and the grass bends instead of lifting. My research took 2 years to finally find out I had to get a High Lift blade. Once I get it, I am putting it on my Snapper Ninja Mulching mower and bagging my grass. The blade costs about $26. Another answer is to use the Ninja and just bag the grass at 3 inches. It works perfectly.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Bought a Snapper mower self propelled. Cuts terrible, leaves a strip of cut grass on the left side so you have to go over your lawn twice to get all the cut grass. Not pleased at all. Want to warn others of this. Stay away from Snapper if you don't want to cut your grass twice. Had an old mower of 15 years old and it did a better job.

Original review: June 9, 2017

6-8-17 I purchased from Walmart a Snapper SP65 self-propelled mower. Followed directions, put oil and gas in. Immediately the oil poured out from engine onto top deck and out the bottom from where the blade comes out of deck, all out onto my cement garage floor and cement driveway. I called Snapper 800 number. They had no clue. I'm taking it back to Walmart tonight, 6-9-17.

Original review: June 9, 2017

No longer a quality mower (Commercial Snapper Ninja Lawn mower): Commercial welded deck welds broke right out of the box new. This is not the same Snapper of the one I bought 20 years before. You might as well buy a cheaper one like a Honda. Never another Snapper! Very poor customer service!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I bought this thing (Snapper 190cc) brand new based on name recognition. When it cuts it leaves a swath of uncut grass on the left side about an inch wide. I resharpened the blade. No help. I asked Snapper for help. None offered. I asked for a refund. None given. What an expensive piece of garbage. Will sell it at a cut rate price and buy a Toro.

Snapper Company Information