3.4/5 (70 ratings)

About Assurant Service Protection Advantage

Assurant is an appliance protection program with low deductibles and a short waiting period. Assurant’s plans cover a variety of home appliances, and you can create coverage based on your products and the types of damage you want covered.

Pros

• Transferable coverage
  • Monthly payment options
  • Short waiting period
  • Low deductibles

Cons

• Varying costs
  • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Assurant offers a transferable appliance protection program with low deductibles and short waiting periods. Although Assurant’s costs vary greatly, its payment plans can help make coverage more affordable.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The site was user friendly, but there were several errors in my original data that I know I didn’t make. Part of my address was missing and my area code was wrong. When I discovered this and selected edit, I had to re-enter all my data. I also noticed the company chosen to repair my dryer is a thousand miles away. I am hopeful they have a satellite company that services my area. I am nervous.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

My dryer would not start when start button pressed. Tried all the google suggestions without success. Placed a service order online with a 2 day option. Service tech came out with an accurate diagnosis and prompt and courteous service and repair of my dryer happened the next business day of the part being received.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Scheduling was simple and easy to do. Took little time. One negative is the wait time for the scheduled date. It is unreasonable to ask a customer to possible sit home for 9 hours (8-5 only option offered) to wait for a technician to arrive.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are happy to hear that the process was simple, but we can understand the frustration with the wait times for the tech to arrive. We do appreciate you reaching out and providing this feedback.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I am satisfied with the service provided by Imran the technician arrived on time & completed the task efficiently. The experience was very professional. I am happy the company was able to service my appliance and I will continue to contact Assurant Service Protection for any future repairs.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We're happy to hear everything went well. Thank you, Rosemary!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Submitting a claim has been simple and not overly time consuming. Response time for actual arrival of repairman is also acceptable. I recommend Assurant Service coverage to anyone owning an appliance. The deductible is more than reasonable. I am a first time claim customer and am pleasantly surprised at the good service.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Thanks for the kind review! We're happy we could help, Pat.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

My experience with Assurant was quick and easy. In my life, I always go by the KISS method, keep it simple stupid, this way anyone with any degree of sense can figure it out. That's what it was like filing a claim with this company. I recommend them to anyone looking for a warranty company.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Thank you for recommending us and sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Assurant was very knowledgeable and the claim was fast and painless. If you have all your information you will have no problems whatsoever. I almost instantly had my refund and could order a new replacement. I will definitely be using this company for future purchases.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy we were able to help. Thank you for the review!

Resolution response: Oct. 28, 2022

Alexander ** was extremely helpful and did what no one else was able to do. Thank you Alexander.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

My husband and I purchased a GE Monogram in 2018, our problems happened shortly thereafter. Since our purchase Assurant has replaced every single part of our refrigerator and to this date still not working. I spoke with Consumer Relations Mgr because I was unable to get an appt (horrible customer service) and he schedule appt with GE without warranty. So needless to say they rescheduled me and still cannot use my fridge. I did ask him, you guys replaced every part at what point do you replace the product? He said and I claim "we will never do that"! So save your money, never buy warranty from assurant.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

It's been terrific for me. It was super easy to schedule a repairman to come out. Everything went well. Now I'm making an appointment for a different problem. Their website is the best. It's simplified. It's very clear, and couldn't be easier, to make an appointment, even easier than calling.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy to hear you had a good experience!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

My representative who came to work on my dryer was efficient, timely and did a splendid job of correcting the problem that my dryer was not giving enough heat to dry my clothes. Problem was solved a huge build up of lint beyond the lint trap. All was cleaned and now my duet emits great heat and my clothes dry wonderfully.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are happy to hear you had an excellent experience!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I have been put off twice by service provider, A & E. Today, 10/4/2022, was the second scheduled appt for service on a double oven because A & E didn't keep the first appt. I just got an update that they now can only be here on 10/20. I called A & E, and they basically told me tough **.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I bought and immediately returned a refrigerator to Lowe’s. I’ve been trying over 2 months to get a refund from Assurant on the protection plan. What is the holdup? I do not recommend this company. Please refund me.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The insurance is good because the fridge sucks. Well the drawers don't stay shut and fridge door squeaks. There is no way to get the bottom water filler thing out to clean and it is too big on the side to fit things. They fall through the hole.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your refrigerator. If there is something we can look into for you, please reach out in a private message with more details.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I am in a nightmare trying to acquire repair assistance through an expensive 3-year extended warranty with Assurant for my LG Refrigerator/Bottom Freezer. On August 31, 2022 the deposit deductible was paid and what became 1st of now (12 days later) up to 5 FIVE tickets to acquire repair was opened. I am heading in to two weeks now with Refrigerator in my home! Every time I call or chat with Assurant to report that ticket was incorrectly closed, the claims people keep telling me they will open a new ticket and escalate to their regional service team. I have been told that same canned response now 4 times. I am now going into week two of having no one come to my home to repair my appliance! No one from Assurant has apologized for this highly upsetting, time consuming, frustration and as I said I have still not received what I paid for August 31st which is a repair of completely broken refrigerator/freezer appointment - - which should have occurred 8-10 days ago!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I contacted GE about a washer repair and I was told I had registered with Assurant. The letter I received when I purchased the repair contract made me think I was dealing with GE. Assurant sent a repairman from Axis Appliance Repair who could not communicate in English. He messed with the dishwasher said something and left without it working. I called GE and a repairman showed up with GE on his shirt, a proper truck and tools. He had the dishwasher working before he left. I received a call for Axis about three weeks after the first call and they said they were coming with parts. I told them the machine was working and not to come. Today I received an email from Assurant saying Axis Appliance had billed for the repair. This is false. Axis did nothing to repair the machine. Dealing with Assurant is a mess.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message for more information.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Extremely disappointed with the service provided by Assurant. I’ve had my GE washer/dryer combo unit for less than 4 years. Recently I scheduled a repair because my washer was making a loud noise while spinning. Assurant sent in a third party company “Total Appliances” and the tech guy came to look at my machine, he was here for less than 5 mins. Guy seemed annoyed after I kindly asked to remove his shoes and wear a mask (just had a baby). Not only that he was in and out and complained that the location where my unit is located is tight and that he needed another tech to come in with him and that he would order the parts needed for the repair.

A few days passed by and then I get an email from Assurant saying my machine is “non-repairable” due to overloading! WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I have been calling them to request to a second opinion and have a GE tech come and look at my machine but they refuse to help me. I don’t believe my machine is non repairable, and if it is I want to hear from the actual manufacturer, not a bogus lazy third part company.

Also, the contact states that if the pair is considered “non-repairable” as they claim, I should be able to have it replaced or given the depreciated amount of what the product is not worth. DO BETTER ASSURANT, you guys are scamming people over charging with these expensive plans and then want to refuse to help customers. Have more sympathy for your customers, I should not have to be chasing you guys to fix my machine when I have a sick newborn baby at home who has been throwing up and I can’t even do his laundry. UNACCEPTABLE AND INHUMANE!!!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are very sorry to hear about this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

We were not looking for a refund. We just wanted a replacement knob and still would like to purchase one but we can't find the parts so if we can get help finding the part please let me know. We are very pleased with the washer though.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We can have this sent over to the appropriate department. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Exchange of a water pump that had an extended warranty. I had used the pump for almost a year on my pond, and I had a 2-year extended on it. It failed so I took it back to get an exchange for it to keep my pond running.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy we were able to help. Thank you for the review!

Original review: July 27, 2022

Love the protection plan. I would purchase several more if I bought idea in Amazon. I have 3 Tineco mop vacuum. I have a warranty for each mop vacuum that I own. The best protection plan around. I would recommend it to anybody

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are happy you are pleased with the results!

Original review: July 17, 2022

In warranty compressor exchange at Harbor freight Was the most seamless experience I have had regarding an after purchase warranty exchange. I had no receipt nor did I have any idea when I had purchased the item. I knew I had purchased an additional warranty but I didn’t know if it was for one year or two.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy to hear you are a satisfied customer!

Original review: July 17, 2022

I could go all day speaking about how satisfied I am with the replacement plan. It literally keeps my business going. I'm on call 24/7 and to have a plan like this keeps me going. Thank you so much for helping my business stay in business.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are so happy to hear about your great experience! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Been WITHOUT a clothes washing machine FOR A MONTH. BTW- we are a family of 5...so that's fun. Assurant warranty continues to stall, asking OVER & OVER for me to submit proof of purchase & warranty, (both I have & done already) only to say they can't find either & will get back to me. 20+ phone calls later & 3 "escalations" & I'm NOWHERE near getting a working washing machine. I HATE LOWE'S. Absolutely LOTHE the place. Their products are cheaply made, overpriced, unreliable & their "warranty" is laughable.

I have purchased 2 extended warranties for this washing machine. It took so long to get service that the original plan expired! I was instructed that the claim could only be completed if I purchased another "warranty". $350 in "WARRANTIES" so far & NO WORKING MACHINE. Learned my lesson. Please don't make the same mistake as me readers.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about these concerns. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Process was fairly quick and easy but the gift card I received less the tax for an item purchased almost 3 years ago will not replace the item. Would have liked to receive the option for a replacement unit or the Amazon card.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If there is something we can assist you with, please send us a private message with your contact details.

Resolution response: July 13, 2022

I received a call from Kam at the corporate executive office and he was able to locate my protection plan fairly easy. I appreciate him taking the time to call me and help me out. He also apologized for the laziness and rudeness of the staff.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I purchased a Samsung washer in 2017 from Lowe's. I had an error coded come up and called Assurant and they couldn't find my policy. I explained to them I received an email 6/2021 stating my policy was up for renewal and signed up for 3 more years, (way before policy expired) which will expire 8/2024, not one person can find my policy. I paid $366.75 and not one person can figure it out. The representatives said send an email with my policy and I did but he gave me an incorrect email address, researched and got the correct one. Called Lowe's, the lady had no clue what happened but it was closing time and she sent me back to the call center to schedule a repair.

I will buy my products from Best Buy from now on, they honor their contracts and send people out to fix. Don’t waste your money on something that you can’t use. If it’s going to be more to fix than a new one, I will purchase a new washer and tinker with this one to see how to fix it myself and donate it to someone in need. Assurant customer service is the worst!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Original review: July 2, 2022

I have had a malfunctioning refrigerator for almost a month. Each time I call service protection advantage I am told that (1) I cannot speak with a supervisor and (2) there is a 3 day business wait to address my inquiry. My incident # is not recognized by the main call in number. The vendor I was outsourced to has not been in contact in about 1.5 to 2 weeks and they are not always answering the phone when I call. I am a senior citizen with health issues, no working refrigerator that I trust to store my food. I have had to purchase the large majority of my meals. My service plan is suppose to fix or replace my refrigerator. If you have this contract note that it is an extended GE warranty plan. Everyone is sympathetic but my refrigerator issues have not been resolved. Please keep your sales slip handy and know your model and serial number.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for the problem you're facing but would like to help. Please check the private message we've sent for assistance.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Very easy reporting the need for repair. Since the air conditioner hasn't been repaired yet, I will refrain from further comments. This is something that should have been completed "after" the job was finished. I repeat this is something that should be completed after the job is finished. If I am understanding this improperly, my apologies.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. If there is something we can assist you with, please reach out to us through private message.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I bought a generator 6 months ago. It quit working. I had the 2 year guarantee. I took it back.. They didn't have one to replace it, said they had no idea when they would have.. Said there were none in Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, or Colorado. They wouldn't exchange it for the floor model.. They tried to sell me a bigger one, one, that was too big for my needs.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Our apologies for the inconvenience, Faye. So that we may have this looked into further, please check the private message we've sent.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Bought a TV from Walmart. 6 months later it went out. No picture but sound. Bought the extended warranty and they push me off to the manufacturer Haier. Would not cover the warranty that they guaranteed me. All I had to do was take it back to the store. Thank you.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Pd for ext GE appliance service coverage in 2019; Assurant kept denying my coverage. 2022(!): Found! Appt made for repair; waited 8 hrs: No-show tech after messages at 4:21, 4:31 pm, and Online ETA updated from 12:45 to 5:00 pm, to 5:21 to 7:30 pm. No call, no real courtesies. Washing dishes by hand for years; still washing by hand. What to do about $$ spent and wasted, and time wasted, and being stood up by service tech?! Ext Warranties are a scam. So are home warranties. Keep your money.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Original review: June 4, 2022

When the Schraiber pump 4" Deep Well Submersible Pump we had purchased from Amazon [with Assurant warranty] back in June of 2020 failed it Only took a few minutes to file the warranty claim. Very easy to file my claim..Took less time than writing this review.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the process. Thank you for the review!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information