It's that easy Request Information
3.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From refrigerators to smart speakers, Assurant keeps millions of households up and running with service protection plans that save time and money. Our service contracts protect purchases with additional coverage that goes beyond the manufacturer’s warranty, helping our customers get more value from the things they buy. We also provide premium tech support for virtually any smart home appliance or electronic device. If something does go wrong, our highly-rated customer service teams and certified service professionals are available via call, click or chat to help save the day.

280 Assurant Service Protection Advantage Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 13, 2019

Our Samsung refrigerator started leaking water. We called Assurant but no one showed up for 4 days. Meanwhile, our wooden floor got damaged. Assurant sent someone (One Stop Repair company - 303-968-8141) but the technician could not fix it. Two more technicians came by. No one could fix it. Now, after 7 weeks, Assurant claims that the refrigerator has a preexisting condition. It is a brand new appliance purchased from an authorized dealer and delivered professionally.

We called Claims Dept. 17 times and no luck. We could not get a live person from the Claims Dept to talk to. All we can talk to is a 'Call center' and they never ever can help. They always gave the same scripted answers - "we will call you back;" or "someone will contact you," etc. Now we have a broken refrigerator and damaged floor and Assurant is making money and ignoring our calls. Now they say the ticket is closed. Horrible experience... Do not waste your money on these unprofessional crooks. We are exhausted working with them. It is a very painful frustrating experience... NEVER NEVER recommend this company. DO not trust their sale pitch.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this situation and understanding your frustration with how this has gone so far. We would like to review. Please send a private message with your incident number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly to assist.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have been paying for this coverage for over 15 years, $3000.00. Water Heater has failed, They told me to find a plumber and fix if possible. I had to replace it. Over $900.000. They say they are sending me a check for $71.30. Either they have me mixed up with someone else or ? you cannot get a live person on the phone. Only a call taker in Manila!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We would be glad to take a look at this for you, Thomas. Could you please send a private message with your incident number so that we can have a representative review?

Original review: July 9, 2019

In July of 2017 my LG French door refrigerator Model # LFX 319-45ST/02 was not cooling properly. At the time, my 4 year old refrigerator was out of warranty so I had to purchase a 1 Year extended service plan from Assurant. After several phone calls with Assurant, it took nearly a month to have LG's authorized service provider come to my home to finally repair the problem, partly due to a compressor part that was on back order for almost 3 weeks! The repairman that came to my house, did damage to my kitchen while repairing my fridge. Even though I was told by Assurant after the incident to document the damage with a written description and photos, I never heard back from Assurant. To be honest, I was just happy that my refrigerator was repaired. Try to go without a fridge with a family of 4 in the middle of the summer for over a month! Not fun, super inconvenient and EXPENSIVE!

Fast forward eight months to May, 2018. Again, my refrigerator was not cooling properly, similar to the previous incident. Once again I called Assurant since my product was still covered under "warranty." The same repairmen who did the previous repair were sent again -- even though they damaged my home! After 2 visits, the serviceman stated he couldn't the problem and expressed his frustration with doing business with Assurant. I called Assurant and they then assigned another authorized LG service provider to look at my refrigerator. After several repair attempts by company #2, they told me there was he was calling LG to state that my fridge should be "condemned" because he could not effectively repair it.

Prior to both repair companies being sent to my home, I was told by Assurant that if the 'authorized LG service providers' could not repair my product, they would compensate me based on comparable refrigerator prices. After the second service provider deemed my refrigerator "condemned," I called Assurant, expecting to get "compensated," only to be told that the previous authorized LG service provider was not really "authorized!" The Assurant rep went on to tell me to look into finding my "own" service provider for the repairs and I would get reimbursed for the repairs!!! Are you kidding me? At this point, the repair had not been fixed and it was over 90 days!!!! In the meantime, I had to buy an extra fridge! Who can live without a fridge for 90 plus days? This is absolutely ridiculous! Do the right thing and please rectify this situation, or I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Agency!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with our service. We would be glad to look into this. Please send a private message with your incident number. We will have a representative review and contact you directly about this situation.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My 2 yr old GE washer literally exploded during use over one month ago. Assurant sent out a service tech in about a week. The tech took pictures and said that the machine was faulty and cannot be repaired properly and should be replaced by Assurant. He said he would send the photos to Assurant as proof along with his report. After numerous calls to Assurant to resolve the situation, they finally said that they have no record of report or photos. The people answering the phones are only call takers. There is no way to reach a Manager for assistance. Very frustrating and stressful situation. I don’t know if I will ever hear from anyone. Not counting on it. Terrible company and I paid for a 5 yr. extended plan.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this inconvenience and would be glad to look into this to get it resolved. Please send a private message with your incident number and best contact number so that we can have a representative look into this and contact you directly.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We initiated a claim last week on our dishwasher, which was purchased in 10/2015. The technician came out quickly, and submitted a parts list for approval. Five days later, I checked for an update and it simply says the claims is "CLOSED". Customer service calls are routed to an offshore telephone service, and it's extremely difficult to communicate with them.

I finally received an explanation today, which was that the total for the repairs would be $238.52, and that the claim was closed because they consider the charges to be "uneconomical for a 13-year-old dishwasher". I reminded them that my dishwasher is less than 4 years old, and the operator told me they may have made a mistake but that in order to proceed I would need to dispute it on my end. Very frustrating that they can't work internally to have the claim reopened, since they clearly were using incorrect information about my appliance (the correct information about my 2015 dishwasher is clearly noted on their own website).

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Kim, we apologize; that doesn't sound like the smoothest experience. If you still need assistance moving the process along, please reach out to us privately with your incident and phone number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: June 20, 2019

We are currently waiting on our 5th repair visit in less than a month to fix our 2016 GE refrigerator. The freezer is not working. We have had to throw out all our food twice and offered no compensation. Every time the technician comes out he replaces a part and says it’s fixed. Our freezer is currently registering at 62 degrees and all the ice melted and damaged our finished basement. We just want a new refrigerator! We have had to take 5 days off from work and the progress is unsatisfactory.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Kelly, we would like to look into this issue and see how we can get it resolved promptly for you. Please send a private message with your full name, incident number, policy number and best contact number. We will have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: June 17, 2019

My GE washer stopped spinning April 17/19. It is now June 17 19 and my washer is still not working. It is actually in pieces in my laundry room. Tech has come 3x so far to diagnose, order parts, order more parts, was given the wrong part. We have submitted a complaint about the process. 4 days off work, spending approx $50 a week at laundromat. At this point I could’ve paid someone to fix it myself or purchased a new machine (Even though this one is a year old). Last night at 830pm on Sunday June 16th a service rep left a message that the repairs take as long as they take and there is nothing we can do about it. Also as long as they make parts to fit this machine they have no intentions on replacing it. I’m sure they have spent more than the purchase price in parts and service calls at this point. Waste of money, nightmare experience.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Shawn, we apologize for this experience and we understand your frustration. Please share your full name, incident number and best contact number via private message so that we can look into this and contact you directly.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We have a GE monogram refrigerator and an extended warranty through Assurant. The fridge is not cooling and the freezer fluctuates. For 6 weeks now we have not had refrigeration. They have been out here at least 4 times. The first few times the guy would just press a button and leave. Once he told us to defrost and leave it off for 2 days. We did that. Each time we knew that was not the answer. Each time he would explain that this was what Assurant required. He admitted he had no idea what the problem was and wanted to replace a bunch of parts. Assurant would only authorize replacement of one part at a time. So he replaced one yesterday, left, and of course it's not working. It's at least a week between visits. Does the warranty really contemplate two months without a fridge? Pretty sure they are hoping we give up and just go get a new fridge. At this point I am willing to say they are engaging in fraud.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Kathy, we understand your frustration at the situation; especially being without a working refrigerator during the summer. Please reach out to us privately with your full name, incident, and phone number. We'll look into it and see how we can help.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a LG refrigerator which was not cooling enough. So I called Assurant and they said a technician would come to fix it, and the technician was supposed to show up 12-4 pm, but never showed up. When I called Assurant they said, the fridge should be repaired by LG Service technicians this time. The LG technician came after 5 days and when working on the fridge, he said he does not have the required parts and it might take 2-3 weeks for the part to ship and get it installed. I have a 2 year old at home who needs his food, milk and fruits daily. This is costing us a lot for a family of 3 with 2 guests as well at home for the next month.

It is completely unacceptable that Nebraska, a well reputed company has its warranty contracts through Assurant Protection which takes months for a fridge repair. This is very disappointing that they cant handle the claims sooner for a refrigerator, considering that it is one of the most important appliance in any home, let alone a home with a toddler.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Renu, we completely understand your frustration. It's difficult to be without a refrigerator with children. We can check to see if there is an update on the parts. Please share your full name, incident, and phone number via private message to get started.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Assurant has bad service providers, who are never responding to call and not taking care. It is been 2.5 weeks. No one is showing up to fix or even communicate. They scheduled appointment. Not even showed up and also didn't even called to tell they can't make it. Total waste of money, Nebraska Furniture mart why it is selling this kind to consumers. I think they should think about it. My dryer is not working, still don't know how long it going to take. And so much work and expensive to get laundry from outside. This machine is broken second time now. Don't know how many times it is going break. They said they can't even replace, until it is repairable they need to repair, each repair takes months to get it done. Please be aware if you are taking something like this. Be prepared to handle all this.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Raj, we apologize for the frustration this has caused you. Please share your full name, incident, and phone number via private message. We would like to look further into your experience.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information