Assurant Service Protection Advantage

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

NOT RECOMMENDED. Service Protection Advantage I have for many years. I had small issue with GE Monogram Cooktop (I kept my cooktop amazingly clean and scratch free and I cooked a lot of food every day due to vegetarian and non vegetarian family member in my house). Service Protection Advantage sent 3rd party contractor to my house mid Feb 2017, we couldn't communicate with technician due to tech English barrier and couldn't explain to him about what was the issue with my cooktop. Finally he understood and opened my cooktop, couldn't fix.

Following couple weeks, came with parts and after around 2 hours and trying again couldn't fix. I called Service Protection Advantage to send actual GE technician. GE came and diagnosed of leaking the gas and informed us the last technician has broken one part and broken the gas line too. Told us you are not suppose to use your cooktop when is leaking gas and it was dangerous to use cooktop. GE closed my gas line. GE requested lots of part to fix the unit but Service Protection Advantage didn't agree to provide parts and offered me the one third of cost of replacement.

I don't have 45 days of cooktop, my house was in danger of leaking gas. Service Protection Advantage didn't vet the technician before send them to people's house and even they didn't release the name of 3rd party technician nor their company license number. They don't supervised 3rd party to make sure the technician know what they are doing and how much they know about appliances. DO NOT recommend this Company at all. Their customer service are not helpful and kind of aggressive. They don't transfer people to consumer protection or any department to help and solve the issue of customer. And still charge my bank account for cooktop they already broken by their technician.

Do not purchase out of warranty service. I live in the DFW area and they are contracted only with a TV repair people. Really??? Try canceling and then they will not allow you to cancel. I canceled my bank card to get away from these people that are in a call center in India. Repairman sent was rude, blocked the driveway, left water on the floor and in the machine. Said he would be back in 4 days. I complained and they said I had created a dangerous work environment and they said "sorry for you".

I bought a refrigerator from Nebraska Furniture Mart June of 2012 - Kitchenaid - over 1500.00. Broke down December of 2015 - called Assurant to get repair - was going to take 10 days to come out - they only have 3 companies in Kansas City for repairs on refrigerators. No name, never heard of them companies. Took a lot to get this resolved - but was able to use an out of network company who came the next day and provided the repair - I got reimbursed. All was good for about 9 months - fridge broke down again - has been breaking down for 4 plus months- using a company they provided - takes a week to get an appointment - 10 days for parts, etc...

Assurant says nothing, does nothing but quote policy. Now, the refrigerator has been deemed irreparable... as it should have been weeks ago - I have been 3 - 4 weeks without a refrigerator. Have me still on hold - 36 minutes waiting to talk to a supervisor because the robot phone person will not say anything but "I can only do what I can do". Now supervisor has put me back on hold. All because I want to know if replacing my broken fridge is ok. Not for any money... just to make sure they will still pay the old fridge off. You get nothing but a runaround - they purposely try to frustrate you so you will stop and they will pay out nothing. I will never ever use or recommend this company.

I purchased a new Samsung refrigerator in 2014. After the extended warranty ran out, I purchased a warranty from Assurant. Recently, the freezer stopped freezing. I contacted Assurant who dispatched a repairman. The repair man was not Samsung certified so they sent a second repairman who was. The repairman determined there was a freon leak within the walls of the appliance, however, it was not diagnosed as a sealed system issue which would have been covered by the manufacturer. Assurant Claims Department would not consider the diagnosis from the Samsung Certified Technician and stated that they would not cover the repair because they were sure the manufacturer would. After 3 weeks of not having a working refrigerator, I purchased a separate one. Assurant is not reliable and I plan to terminate my warranty coverage with the company. Very disappointing.

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your communication system. My first call for EMERGENCY REFRIGERATOR SERVICE was on Friday, March 3. The contact at Brandt's did not receive notification until Wednesday, March 8th. Even after four of my calls to your business, and being "Assured" that the call went in four different times by Connie (Friday), Nora (Tuesday morning), Elizabeth (agent) (Tuesday afternoon), Jedadiah (supervisor) (Tuesday late afternoon) and Elizabeth (second tier supervisor) (Wednesday morning), the call was not received until after 2 pm on Wednesday. That is totally unacceptable! All of these people need to be retrained, and Elizabeth (Supervisor) needs to be demoted for her persistent and misguided protectionist attitude that her subordinates were providing good service.

The contact at Brandt's offered to send me a screen-shot of the first contact notification from her computer, so I am assuming that she is not lying. Consequently, this indicates an EPIC FAIL on your behalf, and I will reporting it to Consumer Affairs and BBB. I lost over $250 in perishable food products because of this disastrous service failure, and you will be receiving a small claims notification as soon as I can file it. I will also be reporting to GE, to let them know what kind of service you are providing to their customers. Every one of your three agents and two supervisors lied to me and told me that my only recourse was to wait until the system processed the issue. The system is severely flawed, and I suggest that you repair it immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

I have a GE Advantium build-in over the range Microwave that was installed by the builder over ten years ago. One month ago I called for service since the unit had failed on a service contract renewed for the second time in 2009. I paid $1200 to insure the microwave and other appliances in the home. Assurant tells me that the unit will not be repaired due to physical damage. Assurant repaired the unit one other time prior and the unit was in substantially the same physical condition. This Assurant service contract is essentially worthless. For us, Assurant's customer service is slow to answer the telephone, and its phone personnel cannot answer questions.

December 2nd GE Front Load Washer began making horrible noise when drum turned. They authorized work. It is now March of next year. They have replaced, bearings inner and outer, drum, heater assembly, pump assembly, stator and rotor. NOW you would think the machine would work. Nope!! It leaks, hardly spins and takes all of 5 seconds to run through an entire cycle. However, Assurant states they will send out a tech each time. It's an endless cycle and they just won't give us a machine that works!! Just remember if you use them you will be in this endless cycle of repair guy coming out to your home and nothing really getting fixed.

My LG washer was making some strange loud noises when in the last spin cycle. I called the insurance company on 7th of February 2017. They gave me an appointment with a technician for 9th February. On the 8 the tech's company called and said they will come on the 10th instead. He came on the 10th and left an invoice saying he will be back. Apparently the drum needed to be changed. I kept calling the insurance company for an update and was told all week that they haven't received any paperwork from the tech. The tech's company kept saying that they were waiting on the authorization from Assurant. What a mess.

Finally on the 17th I was told that on the 14th they received the claim and it was all authorized on the 15th. I called the tech on the 17th. I was shocked to know that the amount authorized was incorrect. I called them back and I was told it was an honest mistake and they will fix it. Later during the week of the 22 I came to know that the amount they were asking for was more than what Assurant was willing to give. That is why this fizzled out. It has been exactly week where now I am waiting for the locating team to find an authorized LG dealer in my area. Now they say a detailed locating team is trying to get me a technician. I am so amazed at the lies and stories.

I contacted LG today and was given a list of all their service techs in our area. There are plenty. Apparently the tech who visited on the 10th was an authorized tech. Assurant lied to me saying he was not. And why would send me an unauthorized dealer to begin with. Crazy. They don't care. It's been plus 3 weeks I am without a washer and these people don't care. Not sure if anyone can fix them first. Bad customer service, indifferent supervisors. They are just liaisons and yet they cannot do that right. The wait time is so long. Sometimes they blame it on claims sometimes on locating. Crazy.

In August 2016, I called and filed a request to have my Jenn-air refrigerator repaired because the ice dispenser on the door was not working. Repairman came and ordered the parts he felt were necessary and came back in a week to install the parts. Two months later the refrigerator began making a loud humming sound for no apparent reason. I called the warranty company and they sent back the repairman who originally fixed the problem and after two additional visits admitted, "it is over my head, I need to bring another repairman more familiar with this brand". They never came back and when I called them, they said it had not been approved by warranty company.

It is February 2017 and still no one has been authorized or unable to repair my Jenn-air refrigerator. No one has contacted me to tell me the order has been transferred or unable to fix it. I have spoken to supervisors and other departments and I'm assured it will be taken care of! I am tired of wasting my time waiting on the phone to speak to an operator and I'm tired of waiting for someone to show up and they never do! I am paying every month for a warranty that is useless to me and a company that has poor customer service practices.

Learn from my lesson. Don't buy an extended service protection warranty. I purchased all new appliances for my kitchen and paid $684 for an additional 4 years of extended warranty. I have had 2 claims now. 1 on my oven, and the last one on my dishwasher. We live in a very rural area, so no serviceman in my area. It takes an act of congress and hours on the phone to go through the process of getting my appliances repaired. This last time, all I needed was a replacement part on the top rack of the dishwasher. They tried to tell me that it is a consumable and that I will have to pay for it. The contract states that "a product is to be restored to normal operating use". The part that broke is necessary to use the top rack on the dishwasher or the dishes will go crashing Down on top of the dishes in the lower rack! It's a $40 part.

After an hour and 15 minutes on the phone, and finally talking to a manager, I somehow got transferred to someone else, and I effectively had to start completely over! He transferred me supposedly, but I heard no hold music and no one was there, so I had to hang up. I will not be calling back. The $40 part is not worth my time and frustration to deal with them... which is what I think they try to drive a person to anyhow. But I PAID for this contract! I am really really angry.

My washer broke down on Dec. 30, 2016. Due to the New Year holiday I waited until Jan. 2, 2017 to call and report the washer been broken and that I needed an appointment to have it repaired. I have contacted them 8 or 9 times. After the 5th call, a repair person called me to schedule a time and found out I was located 2 hours away from his business and decided not to come. I called them back and reported that the service person wasn't coming and that I needed someone else to call me. Each time they put me on hold and tell me they are going to talk with locating and see what is going on. They get back on the phone and tell me that locating never picked up their call and that they have left them an email and someone would call me later that same day and set me up an appointment with someone in my area.

The last time I contacted them which was 3 days ago, I ask to speak with a supervisor. She proceeded to tell me the same exact thing that the other representatives had told me. I told her that I didn't believe that anyone would call me but she assured it that I would get a call that day. Needless to say I haven't heard anything from them.

I have been a customer of theirs for several years. I get the yearly contract and am due to renew it in April 2017. I have called them a couple of times this past year for repair on my dryer and they have always set me up an appointment. The service repair people call me right away and schedule me a time. This is the first time that I have had trouble with them. I will not be renewing my contract. I am now stuck with a broken washer and will have to put out the expense of having it done myself. I would recommend that you DO NOT take a contract out with them! This company can not be trusted.

I purchased an extended warranty from Assurant in April 2016 for $724.26 for three kitchen appliances originally purchased in 2012. The cooktop (Electrolux induction range) completely failed in September 2016. I immediately notified Assurant, and it still isn't fixed! They closed out the original order without it having been fixed, and subsequently opened another. They don't seem to work with a vendor in Hawaii who can secure the parts and do the work.

I have a contract with Assurant for my dryer for 7 years now of which I pay $96 per year. I rarely have any issues with the dryer but when the knobs crack on the inside they will not turn the dryer on. Spoke to Adrienne in Customer Relations today and she is telling me that the knob is NOT covered under my warranty because it is considered "COSMETIC" according to my contract # **. Well, in MY opinion, the knob that does not turn the stem is NOT cosmetic, it is a functioning working part but trying to get her to understand that was like talking to a brick wall. The first person I spoke to before her, Roxanna was rude and was giving me a hard time also. All this aggravation over a $10 knob.

I don't call often for repairs on my dryer but when I do I have to go through an Act of Congress to get them to come out and repair it. Once this contract expires in June this year, that is IT. I will NEVER get another contract with these people ever again. They are a ripoff and refuse to cover anything that they state they will cover. Customers beware!!! Take my advice and find another extended warranty service company. I found Sears to be about the best. They will cover ANY appliance no matter where you bought it from. Assurant: If you are reading this and I hope you are, you guys better start looking for a new job soon because this company is not going to last too much longer at the rate you guys are going with ripping off customers the way you do!

On October 14, 2016, I called for service on my Maytag Refrigerator Icemaker. Between October 14, 2016 and January 9, 2017 (to date) I have not received repair or replacement. I have spent untold hours on hold on the phone, only to be told that (1) the part had been ordered; (2) the service provider had to order; (3) part was on backorder; (4) part had not been ordered (5) warranty svc had to order (6) on December 1, part was ordered; (7) wait 30 days and if not received, Claims Dept or "Higher Claims" would call me back and discuss resolution. (I had promises of call-backs by "floor supervisors" and other unnamed personnel.) To date: NOTHING! Meanwhile, we're lugging in bags of ice. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! In 2014, I purchased a 5-year warranty, due to expire in 2019. If no call in 2 days as promised, I am gathering info to file claim with my Attorney General's Office. USE THIS "SERVICE" at your own peril.

I bought a one year plan for my Maytag washer. First dishonest thing they did was charge me for two years. They refused to credit me the difference until I provided them with my receipt. When the machine broke down (it's been almost 2 months now) they said they couldn't fix or replace it because their escalation department had determined the part that needed replacing had a lifetime warranty through Maytag and that I had to contact them directly to get the part. I did, and sure enough the part does not have a lifetime warranty (only a one year warranty). They refuse to fix the machine, replace it or even refund my money back on the insurance policy they had no intention of honoring.

This company is a scam. I have been without a washer for almost 2 months. I have literally spent HOURS on the phone with them and still have no washer. This is the WORST appliance insurance company I have ever dealt with. STAY AWAY, they will not honor their contract with you if it costs them more than the repairman they send over. They told ME to get the part and call them. When I do, part is not covered under lifetime warranty. NO company in their right mind would offer a lifetime warranty on an appliance. They would never make a profit. Yet this is their story and they are sticking to it (and to me).

Like many of the reviewers on this site who have shared their negative experience with the Service Protection Advantage company, I too will say to anyone reading this review DO NOT PURCHASE an extended warranty on an appliance. I purchased an extended warranty on my GE washer from this company to protect me if it ever needed a repair. My washer recently had an issue. I contacted the warranty company who sent a qualified, reputable technician to my house to diagnose and hopefully repair the issue. The technician stood in my living room and explained what was wrong with my washer and told me that it COULD be repaired. Today I received an email from the warranty company that THEY determined that it cannot be repaired and that they will be issuing me a check for a small amount. I called and spoke first to Alan who was extremely unhelpful and only after persistence did he transfer me to William in customer affairs.

William and I had a lengthy conversation about my warranty and as I stated as a consumer who purchased the warranty was never informed at point of sale if the company decided that the repair was too expensive they would deem the appliance as unrepairable and send a check. I tried to explain to William that the technician hired by his company told me that the washer was repairable but William told me that only the claims department can make that determination. WHAT. The claims department who has not seen my washer can determine whether or not it is repairable rather than the actual technician sent to my house by the warranty company. The reality is it is about the bottom line for this company. They are more than willing to sell you a warranty, debit your checking account for the payment but when the repair cost is deemed too expensive by them, not stand by their warranty. I like all of the other reviewers was fooled by this company.

DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY from them. I hope that this review saves another consumer from this company. They have made the decision not to repair my washer (even though it is repairable) due to cost. William told me it was not about the cost but I ask you why then will they not repair the washer??? The repairman hired by the company who told me he actually worked for GE for 15 years and was very knowledgeable about washer told me it could be repaired. Once again, a consumer looses against a big company who is only concerned with the bottom line.

So last year about this time, I purchased a LG 4K Flat Screen. My wife suggested that I purchase the Assurant 360 Protection plan. Around November 30th, my television started to flicker whenever we tried to watch cable television. Then it stopped showing the picture all together on December 2nd. I then filed a claim with Assurant. I have to first start off by saying that they are the worst company that I had the displeasure in dealing with. The claim was painless at first. Then they called a technician to attempt a fix on my television.

I must say that the technician that I talked to on the phone is very professional, and will be upfront with you about what steps to properly take when addressing Assurant. He just has a problem with calling you back when he says he will. So his company subcontracted someone to diagnose the issue with my television. Turned out the main motherboard was Santa Maria, and the kicker is that part is on back order. Great. So the subcontractor told me that the technician would get back to me the next day about an ETA for that specific part.

Two days later, I had to call the technician to find out what's going on. He explained to me that he was on the phone with Assurant for about an hour informing them that the part was on back order. He instructed that I should call them to find out how else they can proceed. So this is when the crap show happened. He provided me with a phone number for Service Protection Advantage. I called them and the first call was on a horrible signal, hung up then called again. Then I spoke with the most annoying customer service operator that tried every way possible to hang up on me. Great.

So apparently I was required to provide them with my contract number. Oh so the contract number that wasn't even provided to me when I purchased the insurance on Amazon, or when I filed the claim on Amazon. Go figure. Fortunately they provided me with a reference number for the claim, and they were able to verify who I was. Wouldn't she think to ask that? So I told her the situation, and she directed me back to the service technician who told me to call them. So I called back, and was directed to the Assurant Protection for Whirlpool. Now they are messing with me. So it was on me to google the actual number to Assurant to talk to them instead of that embarrassment of a sister company Service Protection Advantage.

To say the least, Assurant is no better. So I had to go through the same story with them, and the snarky customer service rep on the other line also tried everything possible to get me off of the call. So basically she told me that I had to wait on the part to service the television. Oh you mean the part that is on back order, and no ETA was given for it yet? Yeah... let me speak to your manager. So I asked her to transfer me to her manager. Of course that didn't happen. After a few instances on hold she told me that the manager was going to look at my claim, and then call me back. Of course that didn't happen. I had to call them again a few days later, and I immediately asked to speak to the manager.

After a long explanation to the manager he told me that he would call the service technician to find out about the part. The service technician left a voicemail on my phone to call him back. I called back and he told me that he was busy, and would call me back. What do you know? No callback in two days. I called Assurant to find out what the hell was going on. Back to the call the technician part. Finally the technician called me back and told me the part will be in by December 28th. This whole situation told me two things. Do not ever buy a LG Television again. If Assurant's services are ever offered to me again, it will be a hell no. Assurant is an absolute dumpster fire of a company. Stay away!!

My refrigerator, broke and I was with no refrigerator for more than one month, having them trying to fix for 4 times and they don't want to give me a replacement option as they still want to fix a 2004 refrigerator and having it break down and not paying for my spoil food and making me wait for the parts. Afraid from getting sick, I can't eat at home and lost a lot of money on food, they still don't want to give me a replacement cost and want me to still be with a broken refrigerator which is a delicate appliance to play with as is food that can spoil and we eat it. Being a customer since 2006 and having other appliance with this plan now, I will cancel all and use another company, as they know the situation, they still want me to wait and be with no refrigerator working, I want to get my replacement cost that I'm entitled.

Assurant insurance, is a shameless organization. Some of my appliances are insured by Assurant. My washing machine needed a repair (As of 10/1/16). The repair turned out to be "expensive" ($400). Assurant is using any and every excuse of not covering the repair, Including asking for proof of purchase for a machine that is 8 years old, calming - some parts of the machine should be under factory warranty. I called the manufacture (LG), given the machine serial number I was told that the factory warranty is good for 7 years only. After dozen of phone call, I gave up on Assurant. Assurant is a scam organization.

We sell GE appliances. Many of our customers are receiving letters from Assurant -- under what appears to be an official G.E. letterhead -- telling them that their appliance is out of warranty. This generally happens within 60 - 90 days of a customer registering an appliance with GE. When the customer registers the appliance, the installation date is on the registration card. Without exception, Assurant shows the date of manufacture of the appliance as the date the warranty began on the appliance. This is misleading to the end user because their actual warranty begins upon installation of the appliance. This has at times caused chaos in our business, and much grief among some of our mostly elderly customers. In one event, I composed and the customer mailed a certified letter requesting that Assurant cease and desist from contacting her any further. She has since received two more letters from Assurant.

Just had a horrible interaction with LG and the extended warranty provider, "Assurant Solutions". We purchased a $303 service plan when our washer needed repair. The plan states that if they deem the repair "not cost effective" they will refund our money, less $100 for the initial diagnosis. When we weren't hearing from anyone after the diagnosis, I had to call around like a crazy person trying to get answers and found out (not easily) the extended warranty provider had denied our claim.

I simply wanted to know why no one had called to let me know our claim had been denied and when we would be refunded our $203. I was met with hostility, vague answers, and a major lack of concern for the money and time I had wasted. We will NEVER buy LG products again and will tell everyone we know our story. We will also have our ears perked for any companies involved with Assurant Solutions and also tell everyone we know to steer clear of them. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Assurant Solutions is A TOTAL RIP OFF. After paying monthly payments for more than four years on a service contract for a Samsung TV I was only refunded less than $200 once discovered the part to repair this TV was no longer available. I will no longer depend on or purchase a service contract with these companies again or better yet just never purchase a service contract.

I have been paying this company for at least 7 years to keep my washer insured. I have maybe used them one time. This second time, the tech that was sent took literally 5 minutes and said it was the motor. Took another week to come install the motor. Then said it needed more parts. Took another week to "order the parts". Then I get an email saying that the total of the parts was more than what it cost to replace the washer therefore they would just replace it. I thought ok good. Then I continued reading the email. They said due to depreciation, I was only going to get $101 dollars since the washer was so old! REALLY??

I have been paying for years and not once have they said "you know what, the washer is old so we won't pay you anything if it completely breaks down so I will stop taking your money". They just kept taking it for years and I have calculated I have probably paid them over $1500 but they can't replace a $400 washer. Not to mention according to them, the washer cost $398 but at Home Depot the price is $549. WOW, never again! Big time rip off! If I could give them 0 stars, I would!

Has been denied repair for outside rust on the washer. Washer is working fine just the leak. Also has been fixed twice before. I did asked for second opinion. Has denied by Mr. **. PS: Insurance company's always looking for an excuse not to pay. This is one of them.

SVC company staff do NOT document, do NOT follow procedures, do NOT return customers calls, & transfer you from one department to another. It has been a waste of our time & money (which I knew it would be but my spouse insisted we insure our appliances). We paid the warranty in full, after a couple months, our Kenmore clothing washer started to spot my clothing with rust.

I opened a case and it was a disaster to say the least!!! We had the runaround from SVC protection and Paul's Appliance Service (who is a local service provider) was just the same. We escalated this issue to the "second level" customer relations representative. I'm now in the process of canceling my warranty and getting a FULL REFUND, not 90%, minus this... Minus that... I have had ZERO claims with them!

We purchased an extended warranty for a GE refrigerator and a GE dishwasher. Two years later we called for service on the refrigerator. They said the contract was canceled for missing the final payment. We did not. We got the canceled check from our bank and faxed it per the instructions from the representative. After multiple calls, no one would acknowledge receiving the fax. After the third call, we demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor gave us a new "direct" fax number. We sent the canceled check again. Finally got through to an automated "customer service" line. The computer voice said to take everything out of the refrigerator, read the owner's manual and call back. REALLY? From start to finish (when we gave up) this drama has been playing for nearly two weeks as the refrigerator struggles to maintain 45-50 degrees. The freezer still works. We will consult an attorney tomorrow.

They have one repair person covering the SF Bay Area so when he was sick I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for the motor to be replaced last time. Now it broke again and I will wait 5 days for the person to come out. I am 70 years old and live up 2 flights of stairs, it is hard to go to the laundromat with my laundry but it doesn't matter, I have no choice.

This company hires third party contractors to do repairs, in our experience they provide a poor service. Scheduling the techs is time-consuming and you don't even get a call when they decide not to show up. I put in a service request mid July for a Bosch washer - door not locking. First scheduled date July 18, tech did not showed up. On or about July 30, first tech came and glued the locking door mechanisms, this did not solve the problem. Called again, second tech came mid-August and says he would submit his findings to the warranty company. We called for follow up numerous times only to be told "we will call you by the end of the day, tech still working on your case."

Sep 21, I called again to Assurant's third party contractor and I get very demanding for an answer. The woman on the phone puts a guy on the phone who tells me to call my warranty company and hanged up the phone. So, I called Assurant, I spent almost an hour with the supervisor and given the poor service we received from the tech/repair guy. She agrees to start from scratch by assigning us a new third party contractor to send a Bosch-certified tech (who never made it to my house). Sep 23, I get an email telling me "the reported loss/damage to your product is the result of misuse/abuse. This type of loss/damage is not covered". So, it only took them 9 weeks to arrive to this conclusion. What a waste of time and money. This company is totally unreliable, unresponsive and disrespectful.

Less than two years into our extended warranty coverage, we submitted a claim to Assurant (AKA Service Protection Advantage and Federal Warranty Service Corporation) re: our Viking Refrigerator that was less than 5 yrs. old. (Note: we purchased extended warranty for full Viking kitchen of all built-in appliances). When their service repairman arrived, we were told he would not pull-out built-ins, so we had to arrange for installer to make trip to pull-out. On second trip, service repairman told us within minutes that it was "irreparable" and they would submit paperwork to Assurant for replacement. It must also be noted that all of the service repair groups sent out by Assurant were subcontracted and not Assurant employees.

For approximately two months, our refrigerator sat in the middle of our kitchen while Assurant delayed the process asking for more documentation, another opinion from a different service repair group, etc. We would receive a call about every other week (each time a different Assurant representative) letting us know they were waiting on some information from another department within their organization. We were told many times that they would continue to follow-up. About six weeks into the claim, we were told they had the report and would submit for "cash out". Two weeks later, we received call that claim had been denied due to "rust" on back of refrigerator--NOTE: rust was a result of refrigeration leak/defect and not the cause of problem. Assurant refused to provide any written documentation of their final decision, even though we requested this.

Needless to say, our experience with Assurant (AKA Service Protection Advantage and Federal Warranty Service Corporation) has been terrible. It became very obvious, thru this experience, that Assurant's intent was to drag this out as long as possible and find the best excuse not to honor their service contract. This corporation appears to be in business to take people's money and to provide no customer satisfaction or help. This is apparent since they refuse written documentation for their actions so they cannot be held responsible. We urge anyone who considers purchasing an extended warranty to look elsewhere.

I got an extended warranty on a GE product. The product needs service and Assurant has been a disaster. They have allegedly set up three appointments for repair and nobody has ever showed up. None of the companies they claim will come to repair are willing to work with them. Their customer service department does nothing. I would not buy an extended warranty from them again.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Profile