3.31/5

259 Assurant Service Protection Advantage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

Assurant is a total joke, my device was stolen and I filed a claim and paid the $149 to replace. I received within 2 days, however it starting acting weird and turning off by itself even when the battery was at 100% I called them as even now from the side is bulging up and they said that I would have to submit a new claim that that is physical damage. I took my phone to Apple and even they said that it’s the battery. I called them again and ask to speak to a supervisor and she (Laquayla was her name) acknowledged that they did sent me a refurbished phone but that I still needed to file a new claim. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she had no supervisor that if If I was unsatisfied to go ahead and send a letter to Assurant’s corporate office!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Patricia - we would be happy to review your experience and see if there is an opportunity to help. For assistance, please private message your claim and contact number.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We have experienced the absolute worst customer service possible in dealing with our Assurant insurance claims related to our Electrolux washer. We are now at nine service visits in the last four years for our washing machine. The issues keep coming and there is no end in sight. Assurant refuses to discuss the replacement of the machine unless a technician deems it unrepairable. We spent almost $2000 and were told when we purchased it from Nebraska Furniture Mart that It was a very reliable and well-made washer and we’ve had nothing but issues. Most recently on the ninth visit for an error code, a technician called Assurant to notify them that the unit was unrepairable. Customer service at Assurant told him they would contact him by Friday of this past week to provide resolution. That did not happen and now we are close to two weeks without a washing machine.

Almost all of the 9 service calls have left us without a washing machine for at least a week before they can schedule a technician, or get a part in stock. I observed the technician running his diagnostics on the machine prior to making the call. I sat beside the technician while he made the phone call on Wednesday telling Assurant it was not repairable and here we are past Friday and I’m stuck with a broken machine, still. Rather than agreeing with the technician, Assurant is still looking for ways to not take care of me as the customer. Assurant said they would talk to a specialist and have a resolution by Friday (yesterday). We have yet to be contacted with any information or a resolution.

This is a joke. The entire drum assembly had to be replaced in the washer at about 2 years. This was done by Assurant but makes us even more skeptical of the quality of this machine. I will never buy another appliance from Nebraska Furniture Mart and do not recommend anyone purchase a warranty through Assurant. You will be stuck with a machine that is broken or will continue to have issues.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Colette, we apologize for the delay and lack of follow up. We would like to help! Could you private message your full name, incident, and phone number?

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Lost my Apple Watch series 4 on April 15, and called Assurant to file a claim. Gave them all the information they asked for, and they said they have no available watches. Today is May 11th. Still have not heard from them so I decide to call them. Still they have no watch available. The only thing they offer is for ME to purchase the watch and they will reimburse me, REALLY? That's what ASSURANT offers? What kind of insurance is this? T-Mobile definitely has to change company or else they will be having A LOT of unhappy customers like me. Oh but Assurant does not go one month without charging the insurance fee, and when you need them, all they say is "sorry for the inconvenience" like that really helps. And they say they been in business for decades? For what? They sure aren't helping T-Mobile customers. Very unhappy with their service.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Claudia, we apologize for the delay; we understand why you would be frustrated. So we can check for any other options, other than reimbursement, please private message your full name, claim, and contact number.

Original review: May 10, 2019

LG Fridge is only 3 years old. After the Service Company being a 2nd NO SHOW now, I am now waiting for the 8th trip by them to try and repair our refrigerator. Assurant's first choice Service Company is HORRIBLE in technical knowledge and Customer Service. I've been hung up on 3 times by A&E and they've been a NO SHOW twice now. I've tried to get Assurant to send out a different service provider or send a new fridge, but their response is that have to use the original provider. No desire from Assurant or A&E to take care of their customers. DO NOT purchase any warranty contracts from Assurant, since they won't provide any Service. I will also be speaking to Nebraska Furniture Mart about their choice of Warranty companies.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Mike, we can understand your frustration after dealing with 8 visits to repair your refrigerator. We'll reach out privately to see how we can help.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have tried for five weeks to have my refrigerator repaired. I call Assurant and spend more time on hold than talking to a representative. They now say there is no service provider in my area told me to find someone myself. I found A&E who is an authorized service provider for Assurant. After two service calls by A&E, Assurant will not send an order to A&E so they can order the compressor. Today they told me once again to find my own repair man. Something has to be done about this company. Nebraska Furniture Mart is also responsible for this because they sent me the notice that I needed to purchase the extended warranty from them. After doing this two years in a row, I find out that it is Assurant, not NFM . I have been without a refrigerator for five weeks and am going to bring a law suit against Assurant and Nebraska Furniture Mart! After reading all the bad reviews, I hope many others will also do this.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Judy, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. Please reach out to us privately so we can help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased a GE French door refrigerator. It stopped working in March. Original warranty had run out so we have to deal with the extended warranty. They have been out four times. They have changed compressor dryer units etc. Each time they come out we have to move the island that has a hard wire microwave built in it on brand new floors. It's extremely difficult. Tech came out yesterday because the refrigerator freezer still does not work after the new compressor. He called service Protection Agency and told them he did not think this refrigerator is fixable. They insisted he order yet another part to try. This is beyond ridiculous.

I have been dealing with managers that say I cannot go any higher up that when I call in I will be directed straight back to them and this is true because I have tried. At this point I am willing to spend what it takes for legal help even though it will exceed the refrigerator cost. Should not be allowed to treat customers in this fashion. I will never purchase a protection warranty again from this company. I am also forwarding this to the Better Business Bureau.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Debra, we are sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time having your refrigerator repaired. Could you private message your full name, incident, and phone number? We would like to take a look.

Original review: May 9, 2019

On April 8th, I had a service technician from A&E Service to repair an issue on my GE Profile Refrigerator in which I believe the drain plug was not draining properly as water was pooling at the bottom of the refrigerator and leaking on the kitchen floor. The service technician arrived and I explained the situation and he promptly told me the immediate fix was to defrost the refrigerator. This will clear the drain plug issue even though I had already performed that task earlier and explained that just a few minutes ago.

Then the technician from A&E promptly told me that my issue was not covered under my service contract and he would have to charge me for further diagnostic tests, labor and parts. I promptly escorted him out the door as I called GE Factory Maintenance and paid $334.00 for the service call and them to fix the issue which was part related (i.e. drain plug, drip pan, and labor). I would advise any customer to make sure you have the following:

1 - Make sure you have a copy of your full service contract along with the Terms and Conditions of what they will and will not cover.

2 - Make sure you contact Assurant regarding the technician and do not use ANY technician from A&E Service as I personally believe that THEY INSTRUCT THEIR TECHNICIANS TO CHARGE FOR LABOR AND PARTS THAT ARE TECHNICALLY COVERED UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT. I believe A&E can get away with this is that Assurant will take a complaint from you but does not escalate it and you will not hear any further action from them unless they decide to call you for it.

3. I called Assurant on May 8 as I got the official diagnosis from an authorized GE repair person and I had to go through (3) people - Maria, Julie and Runel at Assurant for a 45 minutes call/wait time. All, that Runel (Assurant supervisor) did was apologize for the issue and did not even take the time to obtain the complete story from me as he did give me an incident number of ** in which I do not know if it will be escalated or not.

4. Personally, I will not be renewing any service contract with Assurant as I believe that the subcontractors that they use (especially A&E Service from Houston, TX) may have service technicians who do as little as possible under the service contract in order to obtain billable services. The only response from Assurant is that they will note the issue and pass it to another team for it to be not handled from my perspective.

5. I’m sure an Assurant representative will read this post and post a comment that I should call Assurant to get more specifics to convince others on the post that they handle the issue but do not believe them. I personally believe Assurant may be aware of some of their subcontractors are performing this to customers but if it is a small percentage of the overall revenue total then they SWEEP it under the rug.

6. However, I plan to escalate this issue to all news outlets in Houston, TX. (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) to their consumer divisions so that customers who hold these types of service contracts are aware and how they can protect themselves.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Edward, we hate to hear we have lost your business due to your recent interactions. We reached out via private message and requested the information necessary to investigate.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We purchased a side by side Samsung refrigerator in 2016 from Nebraska Furniture Mart. We decided to purchase the extended warranty.. Guaranteed to cover the unit. On February 22nd, 2019 our refrigerator quit working so we made a claim with Assurant. They sent out a company that replaced 7 parts... Still not working. Then they sent out A&E Factory service who has replaced the compressor and several other parts. Here it is May 3rd, 2019 and the refrigerator is still not working. The only thing Assurant will do is order another technician to come out and see if they can fix it.

So we have to wait another 2 weeks to see if that repair will work. Nebraska Furniture Mart or Samsung will not help us since we are working with Assurant. The refrigerator falls under the lemon law since the same part has been repaired 3 times but no one will help us. Don’t ever waste your money on a warranty from Assurant. This has been a nightmare. We have been living out of a cooler for over 2 months and Assurant will not replace the refrigerator.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Please send a private message with your full name, incident number and best contact number so that we can look into this.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Assurant is a SCAM. We've been waiting for a $ 1,230.86 from last 5 months. We call CS in Philippines and they keep saying check has been sent which we never receive. Then they say they will cancel the old check and issue a new one. Which again will be send via USPS. We offered that we will pay for a certified mail or UPS or FedEx. They won't do it because they don't want to pay. Wanted to talk with someone in USA but every time got transferred to Philippines. Claim # ** is still unresolved and now when I started doing research on this SCAM company Assurant AKA Federal Warranty Services AKA Service Protection Advantage the reviews explains why we are having difficulty getting our check. DO NOT BUY EXTENDED INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We are reviewing the information we received from you via Twitter. Someone will be following up shortly, if they haven't already.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

SCAM Artists. 100 excuses not to pay. We purchased the home warranty on our appliances, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc. After having our Samsung refrigerator repaired approximately two times on the purchased warranty from Assurant, due to the fan breaking for the icemaker, it recently broke again and our warranty is still valid. They now told us that the information they have for our serial number on the refrigerator does not match their records. They are stonewalling us, passing us off to other people 5 to 6 times in the course of our call and making us wait up to 20 minutes on the phone.

This is a new excuse and one that we cannot prove unless we subpoenaed their records through an attorney. The proof that we have the same refrigerator under the same warranty is our word against theirs. We have not changed a thing and we continue to expect coverage for the insurance we paid for on this refrigerator. Never, ever buy a Samsung refrigerator. Never. Ever. **.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Sandi, we would like to investigate to see how we can help identify the gap and get you the help you need. Please send a private message with your full name, contract, incident, and phone number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

HVAC was down, had the service man out specified by Assurant. Said it needed a part, waited 1-1/2 weeks. No heat, and when he came to install it, said another problem is there. Said it was irrepairable as the leak would keep forming and had no A/C as the Freon was gone. They recommended I replace the system. Now I did, and submitted my paid invoice to Assurant with Incident #, etc. that tech. people walked me through. Emailed them multiple times no response, spoke on chat and they said it takes 10 days. Again no response. I called and spoke to them and they said it wouldn't be covered without their approval. I assumed the tech. people informed them of this problem because they told me how to submit the claim and particulars they discussed with me. Person in Claims Dept. was rude and didn't want to discuss anything. Now what?

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Joanne, we understand your frustration and apologize for this experience. Could you send a private message with your incident number, full name and best contact number so that we can have a team look into this?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Today it is March 28th and my fridge from NFM went bad in 2nd week of Feb. Three service visits with different attempts to fix. Assurant pocket my money and then tell me to call their service provider each time. The service provider has not fixed my fridge still. Food gone rotten thrice. Finally agreed to send the $200 check to cover for food loss. But what about my fridge which is still bad? When I call Franz and Josh on the phone and they escalate to the supervisor Andrea and then Anne, both of them flat out tell me they have not received a report from the technician who has documented the last visit date as March 25th when he actually come in March 22nd. Say they are obliged to wait 5-7 business days for a technician report!

My food going bad all this time. The agents never apologize and tell me the supervisor will do nothing different. But when I forced to be escalated, supervisor in each case tried to call Mr. Appliance repair who then say they will file the report. The most recent instance the report came back and then Assurant sends it back to the provider saying it is missing information. Why should customer suffer 40 days for the inefficiencies of Assurant primarily and Mr. Appliance the service provider, secondarily? They do not feel I deserve a resolution, just platitudes saying they understand my frustration.

Each time, I have not had the courtesy of getting a call back about the status. Every time I had to call, talk to an agent ho gives me no help other than parrot out the status from a written transcript. Then tells me I cannot talk to a supervisor until I tell him how I treat my own customers in my business. Then he makes me wait 10 minutes to connect me to a supervisor who says she will 'ask' the service provider as to when they will provide a report. When I point out that it is the 48th day of issue and you shouldn't be 'asking when' but demanding an immediate report, then she calls the company and tells them to do that. She says she will call me back tomorrow, let us see if she is any better than Andrea who said she will call me and did not have the courtesy to call back after promising to.

All in all, a company with very few principles-pocket the insurance money and parrot out platitudes, do not hold their service providers the least bit accountable, do not themselves feel accountable to their customer. And do not believe they have any power to change anything and feel that is ok to be that way in a professional business. They reflect poorly on themselves, on Nebraska Furniture mart who provide insurance through Assurant. Never buying an NFM product again because of Assurant. How can NFM use Assurant, beats me. I am taking this up with NFM as well.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Anand, we understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message with your full name, incident number and best contact number so that we can look into this.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have a service contract on my refrigerator built-in Monogram since 5/4/2009. On 2/26/2019, I submitted a claim to Assurant as my fridge stopped making ice, on the fridge side all my foods are frozen and the temperature control knob was unable to turn. On 2/28/2019, GE Service man dispatched at my house advised me that the broken part was no longer made so it's not repairable and told me to call my insurance company. I called Assurant the same afternoon to report the non-repairable part. The agent handled the call told me that they need to wait for the technician to submit his report. I called back the next day on 3/1/2019. The agent put me on hold to call GE Service and was told that the part was not repairable. The agent advised me that it would take 3 days until Wednesday 3/6/2019 for the claim office to make their decision.

I called to follow up on 3/8/2019, the agent told me that my case was close and the technician already fixed it. It was not true as he did not do anything. It's still broken. I requested to talk to her supervisor. She dropped my call. I called back and they dropped my call again. I had to call 3rd time and waited for a long time. A supervisor named Eric finally talked to me. He was very rude. He said that if the fridge is not repairable, how come I did not call on the same day of repair (2/28/2019). I assure him that I did call to report that on the same day 2/28/2019 and followed up on 3/1/2019. He insisted that I did not call. After reading through their notes, he acknowledged that I called. Why was he so rude to accuse me unprofessionally? I called on 3/11/2019, again no update.

On 3/12/2019, I received an email update from Assurant to deny my claim as follows "We are sorry to inform you that based on our service provider’s inspection we have determined that the reported loss/damage to your product is the result of rust. This type of loss/damage is not covered, as listed in the terms and conditions of your service plan." The similar situation happened on 4/4/2016, incident# **. Another one happened on 10/1/16, incident# ** Another one happened on 1/17/17, incident# **. The service man could not fix it and made it worse. So, I had my home warranty 2-10 fixed it until it broke again on 2/26/2019. STAY AWAY FROM ASSURANT to avoid this situation.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Thu, we are glad that we were able to get this issue resolved for you via separate channel. Please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We have had our Samsung Dryer repaired now a total of 7 times. The service man says it can no longer be fixed (it is irreparable. We have a family of 4 and both our kids are in 2 different sports so we do A LOT of laundry. We have had to miss work on every one of these "repair" times. The window is a 4- 5 hour window they give you that it will be there.

We have missed hours of work, had to go to the laundry mat, spent money on the laundromat and our TIME that has been wasted with the calls and no resolve. When we call they do NOT care and just continue to read a script repeating themselves. They refuse to allow you to talk to a supervisor stating "sorry there is not one at this time". The call is a call center in the Philippines. The amount of stress, money and absolute inconvenience it has caused is absolutely terrible. They do not care and the dryer should have been replaced a long time ago. We need the madness to STOP and SOMEONE to be held accountable for the warranty we PAID for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Since Nov 2018 we had 4 different providers that came in to fix our dishwasher. They sent people not knowing what to do. They didn't fix anything. Also one time they sent someone that didn't know how to work on Viking brand. We waited 3 months to finally have an answer and said that our repair was an accidental damage and they will not cover any repair. A brand new dishwasher that needed a new door, coming up with excuses so they don't have to pay for it. HORRIBLE SERVICE... They charged us 100$ monthly... For nothing!!! Huge scam!!! DON'T BUY IT... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME... WORST COMPANY EVER.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My GE dishwasher stopped working after 18 months. I contacted GE and they recommended I call Assurant. I paid for the extended warranty and they set up the first service appointment which never happened. I had to call them over and over to try to resolve the issue. They kept saying they were looking for a GE repairman in my area. Finally after two months, someone came and said they needed to order a part. Two weeks later I called the repairman to see if the part had come and was told it was no longer available and Assurant had canceled my service. They didn't notify me so I called them again. They said yes they had canceled my contract and my money was refunded to my credit card (which it was). I again called GE and they sent a GE Factory service repairman who had the needed part on his van and fixed the dishwasher within an hour! This was three months later. I would not recommend Assurant.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This is the business model: If you need to file a claim, you can call the automated service or go online. You can select the next available service. You get an incident number. This is the best part. When no one shows up at scheduled time, you can call the local service repair place. They will then take all your info and set up a date for repair... What was the purpose of the online scheduling??? Don’t waste your time calling customer service. Other than scheduling, they are useless. If you ask to speak with a manager, you are put on hold until you decide to hang up.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Appliance Warranties Sold by Nebraska Furniture and serviced through ASSURANT are WORTHLESS and FRAUDULENT. DO NOT BUY!!! When my family moved just over three years ago, Nebraska Furniture Mart was just opening up. My husband and I enjoyed shopping there, it was new, fun and we thought a great deal. We ended up ultimately purchasing 8 appliances there -- stand alone fridge, freezer, dishwasher, double oven, oven hood, beverage refrigerator, washing machine and dryer. Everything was fine until the dishwasher started leaking one year after installation onto the hardwoods in my kitchen. I followed the process through the service contract that I purchased and the first repairman came out to fix the leak. Long story short, we have had repairmen out too many times to count and the DISHWASHER IS STILL LEAKING!

On the spiffy service contract sales flier on the front cover it has the Nebraska Furniture Mart Logo and the following quote: "OUR PROMISE -- IF WE CAN'T FIX IT, WE'LL REPLACE IT!" In our experience that is entirely false advertising -- there have been repairmen who refused to come out to work on the leak a third time because they said there was literally nothing else they can do. I have placed so many calls to Nebraska Furniture Mart customer service and they like to tell me that it is completely out of their hands. They say they can do nothing to ensure that the contract THEY sold me is properly respected as advertised.

I have called ASSURANT so many times and get absolutely nowhere. I had a supervisor there tell me that the fact that the dishwasher is leaking all over my wood floors and they have been unable to fix it with 5 service calls doesn't mean that it should be replaced. My recommendation is that if you are in the market for appliances and would like to have the peace of mind of an extended warranty for the appliance, FIND ANOTHER COMPANY TO BUY IT FROM. I am writing this review after another call this week in which neither company can even give me a status update.

Side note -- the door open button on my microwave just broke and I called into ASSURANT and they don't even have record of that service contract. I called Nebraska Furniture Mart last week about that and they stated it was a clerical error on their side and promised to fix it with ASSURANT. Called back to ASSURANT today -- NO RESOLUTION OR CHANGE. I will continue to update this review as I try to resolve this issue.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty for my 1 yr old washing machine last March. I called Assurant on 1-14-19 to request service & was told they don't have service technicians in my area -- I live in NE Wisconsin! I questioned this unbelievable statement, was put on hold then was told my "case" was being given to the research team & they would get with me in 2-3 days with the results of getting a service tech. Well today is day 3...I was told by one customer rep that HE couldn't talk to me about my problem, THEN the automated system said my service request was CLOSED!! I called back for the 4th time and was on hold for 15 minutes because all reps were busy...I hung up! This company SUCKS!! I'm going to request a refund on the balance on my account...I wonder how THAT will go?!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

40 Minutes so far on the phone trying to set up a repair on this warranty for my dishwasher. They gave us an appointment but when no one showed up the repair company states they never got the appointment and can maybe come the next day. Then I called Assurant and they want us to wait another 10 days for repair after waiting 5 days already. I would not use this warranty company if I were you!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have a dishwasher which is in need of repair. Long story short, it's 2 months later and I can't get someone to repair it. Lengthy phone calls with Assurant Solutions and I can't speak to a manager. The customer service is very disappointing and no one offers a solution other than trying to set up yet another appointment with a contractor - had 2 already. Please beware.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I could tell you about my experience with these thieves, but honestly it would just be another story that so many other reviewers have left here. Plain and simple these guys are in the business of not paying you out... They are an insurance company for God sake. And in the case you might get a replacement you will get a below subpar "refurbished" replacement. I really can't state this more, just don't throw your money away on their so called coverage because when it's your time to have to use it, it will be too late and you will see what all of us have been experiencing here.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Lousy service; substandard providers; limited providers for our area for LG; takes inordinate length of time to schedule an appointment. Oh yeah - when you call you get a boiler room in the Philippines, agents barely understandable, put you on hold incessantly, claim to have NO supervisors available for assistance. And when you insist on them getting one, they put you on hold indefinitely until you just hang up (I usually give up by 20-30 minutes). I have actually had several providers in our community say they stopped working with them completely, so the customer is out of luck!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Tangerine Credit Card Insurance - After my belongings were stolen from the car, I've submitted the claim for the recently purchased items. Luckily, I had receipts and credit card statements. After one month decided to follow up and sent email asking about the status of my claim. The answer was "Unfortunately, we are not able to discuss details of your claim via email. Please call us for information regarding your claim."

Strange (details can be submitted via email, but the claim status cannot, but OK) - called and waited for 30 minutes to learn that the reviewer put the note "Missing credit card statements." Asked rep to validate - of course, they were present. After lengthy apologies I was told that the reviewer will call me next day to clarify. Needless to say that nobody called. As you can imagine, it is not the most helpful experience after the theft. Will check if they are accredited by BBB and if the issue will not be resolved in the next week, will place complaint there.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Huge scam. They did not cover the issue with our two-year-old oven. Don't waste your money. After spending a ridiculous length of time on the phone, I was denied transfer to a manager to appeal their decision not to cover. I planned to submit my request via e-mail, but that contact information is not available.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have a service contract with Assurant on my washer and dryer. I called them a few days ago and they gave me an appointment to check out a leak in my washer. The appointment was today sometime between 8 a.m. and noon. I received a call at 10:26 confirming this. At 11:22 I called the repair service to check why they hadn’t arrived yet. The serviceman told me that his business doesn’t even open until 9:30 a.m. (so why did I get up at 6 to be ready for him by 8?) Furthermore, Assurant apparently doesn’t confirm that appointment time with the provider, they just send a work order and wash their hands of the whole thing. “Rake in the money and provide nothing” must be their company motto.

So now I am waiting until the provider has a time when he can come, hopefully at least today. I have tried to reach a customer service rep for Assurant, but all calls are routed to the Philippines, with no way to reach anyone with any authority or status, or anyone in the good old U.S. I would not recommend Assurant to anyone who actually thinks they might want service on their appliance. Stick with a local appliance dealer who provides their own service contract. The big box stores sell your contract to Assurant, and you are in trouble when you need a repair.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have a Vancity visa. I tried to use the insurance coverage, got damaged baggage and called them. The operator, Nadia said it is different department (but it wasn’t) forward me to somewhere else and no one picked up the phone for more than 40 minutes. I called back and again, Nadia answered me. She refused and told me to call flight company! She had never listened to me and kept talking over me aggressively. It’s just horrible.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Our washing machine broke almost 2 months ago so we started the process of having a repair person come out under the Assurant coverage. The initial set up took over a week to get the first visit. The process is the claim is entered and takes about 3 days to get approved. That gives the green light to send someone out, which still needs to be scheduled, adding another 2-3 days. The repair shops that are used by Assurant are not very good and have very low ratings. The first technician that was sent out couldn't fix after 4 attempts. The last scheduled visit he didn't even show up - without letting us know. This was a waste of over a month. The second repair place has been out once and says we need to order some parts.

Assurant has sit on this claim for over 2 weeks and won't complete the request for parts needed. Every time we call them, which takes 30 minutes, they have to forward to a different department for approval. This takes a few days. Honestly we should have gotten a replacement washing machine by now. Knowing this, I would have saved the time, money and headache of doing our laundry at the coin-op and hired a reputable repair person myself and had it done in a week.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased our first home and within months the dishwasher broke down. We called a repair service who recommended we purchase an extended warranty program through Assurant, it seemed like a fantastic program so we purchased the five year plan. This week my dishwasher flooded my kitchen. We called Assurant, got a service confirmation for 48 hours later. The day of the repair I call the service company who has no record of the repair, I call Assurant who commits to getting it taken care of on the day they promised and they would call me back. Long story short, no callback. I call back two hours later for a follow up and am basically told by a supervisor, "Sorry, the repair people are busy until next year so we need to find someone else."

They scheduled the repair for next week which is now over a week I am without a dishwasher with a baby in the home. That's not the most disgusting part. I called the original service company, you know the one that was booked until next year. They have an available appointment on Monday. So not only does Assurant not know how to do their jobs, they don't follow up, don't follow hey and then LIE. I wish I could get my money back and find someone else altogether. I truly despise this company and DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have been waiting for Assurant to find a vendor for 1 1/2 weeks to fix my freezer. The call center rep said they had no vendor in my area (Asheville, NC) yet the vendor that is now scheduled said they had never been contacted. It has been time consuming trying to get an answer, and get anyone to take responsibility. The reps who answer the phone have no idea how to handle a problem and I had to INSIST to talk to a supervisor. They are not empowered to do anything, so I insisted on escalating to consumer relations (Jessica) and asked to deal with one person till I have resolution. They won't accommodate that. I have no confidence in this company and the reviews demonstrate VERY LOW customer satisfaction.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information