1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a home warranty company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2017

184 Assurant Service Protection Advantage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have purchased both an LG washer and Dryer from Warehouse Discount Center. I like them, and when recommended to buy the extended service contract, thought it was a good idea. Did not know anything about extended warranty companies. Unfortunately the company they use is Assurant. My first experience was having my washer repaired, a door seal, and it took 3 service calls and 7 WEEKS. The first call is only diagnostic and they have no parts so they order them which takes forever! Setting up appointments is a nightmare. Assurant and the repair company they use in LA is My Appliance. Total nightmare!

Washer stopped yesterday and called. Was told they would come out Wednesday, 2 days later and to call and confirm in the afternoon. When I called My Appliance they said they had no information and they couldn't come for over a week. They later called and I missed it. Tried to return the call immediately, but couldn't get through. Got them today and they said my appointment was cancelled and I could get one nearly 10 days from now. I had alerted WDC and they said they would intervene and would call me today. When they didn't call, I called them and they transferred me to Assurant Customer Service. They have supposedly set up an appointment for Friday and a Steven is "supposed" to call and confirm. That was at 11:00 am. It is now 5:15, and Steven has NOT CALLED yet!!! I doubt he will.

The other person I spoke to at My Appliance was Christina and she essentially told me that warranty people never got same day appointments and had to wait. Confirmed that they never carry parts and have to order them. Said no service people carry parts anymore. (Which is a bold face Lie!!) I said, "So service warranties are garbage, right?" She said, "I can't say that", so I rephrased and asked if SHE would buy a service warranty and her reply was "No". I really think this company is a total scam and should be shut down. They are just hoping to make you wait so you call a real repair person!! This company is a total sham! Please be forewarned and be cautious.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

This company is the biggest ripoff artist I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. My 87 year old Mother has been paying for 13 years on a "service protection" plan. Now granted I should have paid better attention to the "policy" before now BUT I didn't. So the washer breaks down. The service tech shows up a day or two later. Says he doesn't believe the company will do anything. Too many things wrong with the washer. I worked just fine and then oil all over the clothes. Anyway the plan was paid in March 2017 for the entire year.

I called the company when we hadn't heard from them in over a week and this is what I was told. The company would not pay to repair the machine. The company would not offer a replacement ($250.00) when the over the lifetime of this "protection" the company collected $2,457.00!!! They prorated the value of the 13 year old machine and offered a check for $117.00 at which time, when my Mother agreed, the plan would no longer exist and they would be held blameless. I am LIVID that an 87 year old was scammed and treated with such disrespect.

The "customer service" rep. couldn't answer any questions. She had to literally read from the warranty to decide what to say. There WILL BE NO refund of the 6 months that had been paid in advance since the appliance warranty no longer existed after approval of $117.00 buyout. I asked from names of supervisors, address, etc. She refused to provide any information. I was so fluttered and angry that I told her I would just "handle it" in my own way. This is the first of many complaints that I will be lodging against this company. Social media is a wonderful tool too!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The beginning of July a technician came to my home to repair my freezer. He informed me that three parts needed to be ordered. As of today September 15, he has not returned to repair the freezer or called me. I have spoken to numerous personnel regarding this matter. First he did not have all the parts. Second he had all the parts but just wouldn't come. Schedule several visits but didn't show up. The supervisors spoke to him but he would not keep his word to them. Now he is supposed to come on Monday. I am tired of talking to different supervisors. I only asked Dan, a supervisor who called today that I wanted to speak to the person I last spoke to.

She told me she would handle my case and that she would follow up with our last call. I was given the run around when I called back asking for her. Cymbria was the last supervisor I spoke to when I called them back. Then I asked her for the head manager over everyone. Of course I did not get that person. She just said Dan was over everyone. Then I asked for the address of the corporate office and the manager there. I only got a P.O. Box in South Dakota but no name of anyone. This was given to me by Cymbria.

This is unacceptable. I would never recommend these people to anyone. At this point I am not exactly sure of the name of this organization. Is it Assurant, Federal Warranty Service? Maybe Better Business Bureau can let me know. However, Dan told me today 9/15/17 that the case would be escalated if I don't see the technician from Eagle Star Appliance on Monday. Which means that the entire process has to start again from the beginning with someone else. I only want my freezer repaired.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Assurant Protection plan is an Oxymoron. Assurant is the worst appliances insurance ever, horrible customer service. Don't waste your time and your money with them. Been over a month and have been lied to over and over again. I believe this is a scam operation for sure. When they do call an appliance company to come out the appliance company is under the impression the homeowner is paying the bill. It's crazy frustrating and then when you do call it's an hour wait to get someone who cannot help and says they will escalate to a manager but no manager is ever available to talk to.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

If I knew that this was going to happen with my microwave first I would never buy a General Electric appliances and second never use Assurant protection plans, Assurant is the worst appliances insurance ever, horrible customer service... Don't waste your time and your money with them. I'm calling about my microwave every single week, is been almost 2 months like this. Assurant sent out a GE tech's from GE repair to fix the problem and they told me it will take 4 or 5 days but now every single week is a excuse. They keep telling me or lying "Yes you will receive your microwave tomorrow or Friday" every single week... And they never show up. No even call us to report what is happening with my microwave. I'm still waiting for a manager to call me... I don't know. What else to do... This is ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Save your money, they will look for any reason not to cover your item and their customer service is terrible! I purchased GE appliance (which I will never purchase GE again) and the first 2 times they had to repair my fridge. Assurant sent out GE tech's from GE Repair so they had all the proper equipment to diagnose the problem. Then they sent our RR Repair, they did not have the software to connect to the fridge and since it wasn't make the "loud noise" when the tech came out, he said he couldn't diagnose it.

He explained that their company did not have the software to connect to the fridge and that I needed a tech from GE. Assurant refused to send a GE repair tech and then said since the fridge is working they weren't going to send anyone out. HELLO... I don't think a fridge that has always been so quiet and now it's making a sound. You can hear from across the house is "working properly." ASSURANT is a company of crooks.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I will rate this company as ZERO. They don’t follow promises, they will never show up on schedule day, when you will call, they will give next date, they are doing this for last 2 weeks. Worst Company. Don’t sign any contract with them, not worth at all. Customer care is worst than even seen!!! They don’t have their own staff to handle repairs, it's outsourced to some small company, if you try to reach them they will not response, not to voicemail not to email.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Don't ever bother with this company, I tried to make a claim on a very small item, and they said that it was not covered because we used it in a business. Only thing is the unit was made to only be used in a business. So instead of paying the replacement, they just pay me back the warranty amount I paid. Now just think if I never called on this, they would have got my money, even though the warranty was invalid to be sold to me. We were up front that we were a business, and that it would be a business use item. Still sold me the warranty, and then denied the claim.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Please save your hard earned money. I paid for a one year extended policy with this company only to have my washer/dryer not repaired. When I called the service dept. they put you on hold only to say that my claim had been closed and that they couldn't repair it. They gave me some B.S. excuse why they could not repair it even though my washer/dryer is only a year and a half old. If I could give them negative stars I would, they DO NOT even deserve one star. What a bunch of B.S. ripoff artists. Please DO NOT buy into this Assurant Service Protection Advantage warranty crap!!!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I purchased a Garmin gps watch for my son for Christmas. I purchased the Assurant 360 plan along with the watch. The face on his watched cracked and I called Assurant only to be told that they do not cover this. Nothing on the product description told me that they would only cover mechanical issues. The name "360" means nothing to this company. There is zero protection or peace of mind with this company. I am very dissatisfied. I wish to tell everyone I know about this.

Original review: June 14, 2017

LG will FORCE you to buy a "warranty". Meaning, you do not know what you are getting. They tell you it is an upfront payment for possible repairs. Then the warranty company and the "authorized" repair companies DO NOTHING but put you off... they hope you will just give up. DO NOT BUY LG if you can help it. DO NOT get forced into a "warranty contract" with Assurant Service Protection Advantage. They all blame each other and NOTHING gets done, repaired or taken care of. Just a lot of BS.

Original review: June 5, 2017

My refrigerator (Samsung RF4289HARS) is not working since March 2017. I called customer service and scheduled a repair. They gave me a appointment date after 2 weeks. The service technician came and saw the error codes and said they will order the parts and it will take couple of weeks. I called after 2 weeks, the customer rep tried to contact the service provider who inspected the refrigerator but could not reach him. This happened 4 times when I kept calling them and they kept trying to reach the service provider to inquire about the parts.

After 2 months I called them again, every time you call them it takes 15 minutes to go through the automated selection then you also have to give the same information to the customer service rep as they don't have this information. They ask the same questions for like 15 minutes and I had to explain the whole case from zero. I requested to talk to the supervisor as this is going on for like 2 months. The supervisor assured me that they will locate the service provider and get him asap. They found him and he came after 2 weeks to install the part.

After couple of weeks again my refrigerator acting weird and gave some error codes and shut off in the night. We saw in the morning all the frozen food gone bad and we had to throw $400 worth of food in the garbage. I called the customer service, explained them the problem and they gave me an appointment for Friday May 26th 2017 between the hours of 12pm to 5pm. That was 2 weeks from the time I called them. The service provider called me in the afternoon of May 25th and said he won't be able to make in those hours, he can only come in the morning. I explained him that me and my wife works and we have made an arrangement 2 weeks ahead at work to be at home Friday between 12 and 5 pm. How come he is calling me at the last minute to change the time frame. This person said then I have to call the customer service again to make another appointment at another time.

I call again. Spoke to Tanya and had to explain the whole story for like an hour. I requested her to make note so that I don't have to go through this again of explaining. Every time I call this company I am wasting at least an hour or more. Tanya put me on hold for 15 minutes to get in touch with the service provider. She could not reach him and left a message. She told me to call them if I don't hear from this person. I called again to the customer service on June 5th, entered all the information on the automated selection then finally after 15 minutes got hold of Harold. This guy asked me the same questions for like 15 minutes when I asked him to connect me to his supervisor. His supervisor Peter came on the phone and tried to tell me the same thing which I heard every time from the customer reps. I requested him to go through the notes and understand the problem in order to solve it.

These people are very unprofessional and rude. He said he would have to put me on hold for another 15 minutes if he has to read the notes regarding my issue. He again tried to reach the service provider the same person who tried to change the timing of the appointment on May 26. He again assigned me the same company to come and look at the problem. This person already wasted my whole month of May. I have been explaining them that I have 3 little kids and we can't survive without a refrigerator.

I don't know who is running this whole operation but I think they should be closed down. I am also trying to reach the prosecutor’s office in the city where they are located to lodge a complaint against this company. They have such a bad reviews that they should be ashamed of themselves to be in business. So many people are facing the same problem with this company. They should be getting negative ranking rather than even getting 1 star. It has been 4 months and I am back to the same step 1 of calling them and making appointments.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I would like to say that Zero Stars would be in order for this company. I would also like to say shame on companies like NFM selling extended warranties for this company. What a waste of money and many hours of my time spent on the phone with this company trying to get our LG refrigerator repaired. We were told that they only cover the labor and that LG would have to supply the part. We got a technician out fairly quickly, within a week. However, the technician said it would be 7-10 days for LG to get them the part. Ten days later we find out that the part is not available. Upon many attempts to call LG and Assurant, we received an email from Assurant telling us that the part is no longer manufactured, therefore LG would be replacing our refrigerator. (Now 7 weeks without our refrigerator) Great! Until we call LG with the "RMA" #.

The 2nd LG customer service technician laughed at me when I told him LG was to replace our refrigerator. I got a bit angry then and he sent me to the LG Escalation Dept. Give them 24 hours to respond to us... Three days later, I called NFM, who in turn transferred me to the Assurant "Escalating" Dept. I am to wait another 48 hours for LG to respond to them. When I asked the representative what would happen if LG did not respond I was told that she doesn't like to think that way, she is a Positive Person and looks at things in a Positive manner. We now have less than 24 hours left of this 48 hours and still no response back from Assurant. I will not hold my breath. I will be calling NFM when the 48 hour period has come to pass and then make a phone call to "Call for Action" at my local news station. Lesson learned, do NOT buy LG anything AND do NOT buy extended warranties if Assurant will be the Warranty Company.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Have been paying for policy since 2010. Oven broke and GE informed me that part no longer available. Was informed policy would cash out value of my oven. Assurant Service Protection Advantage contacted only to be told that part "Not mechanical". Called GE and they informed me that 3rd party warranty do this when it comes time to pay out. Protection advantage very rude, wish I never had this rip-off policy. Filed complaint, but want everyone to know to stay away from them.

Original review: May 5, 2017

After 2 major repairs on our 7 year old microwave, the repair tech sold me on this extended warranty plan, which supposedly covers all parts and service calls. First time I need to use it they tell me the part is "cosmetic" and is not covered. Even though the manual says not to operate the oven without this part in place - but apparently that is cosmetic to these guys. WORTHLESS.

Original review: May 3, 2017

If there were an option of zero stars, that what I would rate this warranty company. I have had an open ticket since November 2016 and I still don't have a new icemaker installed. This icemaker has already been approved when the first of the vendors came out for repair. I have had this extended warranty for almost 10 years now and I don't think I have ever seen the same repair service twice in over 10 calls. They sweet talk you and tell you how very sorry they are, but still don't get the job done.

Back in November, I had a terrible squeak every time the refrigerator fan came on and there was no water coming out of the front of my Side-by-Side, so obviously, no ice was being made. Prior to that, the icemaker probably make 4-5 trays of ice a day requiring frequent trip to get bags of ice to supplement its sluggish action. The first contractor came out to make the assessment of what was wrong and wrote up a ticket for the necessary parts plus a new icemaker.

About a week later, I was informed that the icemaker for my LG Side-by-Side was obsolete and that the repair company would not come and fix the other problems unless they could do the whole ticket. What part of the icemaker is obsolete and no longer available don't they understand??? This went on for weeks arguing back and forth and all the time waiting for the refrigerator to stop working altogether - It was now the week before Christmas. They finally summoned this repair service to come and fix the other two problems and after waiting all afternoon for my scheduled appointment, I was informed at the end of their work hours that he had to pick his sick daughter up from school, so they scheduled it the next day, when he called to say he was having trouble with the van. When he finally did make it over, he left without testing the work he did and there was still no water coming out of the door.

The company actually wanted me to start a new ticket on the unrepaired repair, but that wasn't going to happen. He came over at the end of his workday and when he pulled the back off the refrigerator said "Oops, my fault", like it could have been mine!! I am still waiting on the icemaker and the second vendor they sent me was given a closed ticket by Assurant and he knew nothing about an icemaker and is now unable to work, so now I'm waiting on yet another vendor who has to come over to assess the problem for the third time to see if I need a new icemaker and then get claims to approve the repair -- The same one they did 5 months ago! They should not be in business!

Original review: April 28, 2017

Leaking refrigerator: I called for a service repair on April 20th and was told someone would get back to me as soon as they had an available service technician. After 4 calls I was promised that I would hear from someone within 24 hours. I called on April 26th and was told the service order had been closed out. When I asked why, as no one had contacted me by phone or in person, I was told that they couldn't find anyone to do the repair. I asked why I wasn't notified and they said they had tried to reach me but there was no answer when called.

That is a bunch of BS as I have a landline with an answering machine and caller ID. No such call had been made to my house. So what about paid in full contract? Oh, if you can find someone to do the repair they would reimburse me up to $150 as long as my contract was still active. I have had this contract with them since 2012 and this is the first time I tried to use it. You can bet I won't be renewing with them. It's not a scam. It's a ripoff. Don't buy into this company as you may as well flush your money down the toilet.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I had service protection Advantage for a week and I have canceled the plan due to other reason. (Got better plan). I have requested to refund the money and they have asked me to fax a written cancellation letter with signature. During the initial conversation, I have asked them to create single contact instead of making two or three contracts. Now after canceling they are deducting $25 from each contract. This is ridiculous. The customer service representative people are very annoying and not ready help. I wouldn't recommend this company for any business deal.

Original review: April 20, 2017

If there were less than one star, I would give this co. less than a zero. Bought a new full price refrigerator from Lowe's which did not work from day 1. Had to wait a week for repairs, because the repair co., Columbine appliance, only serviced my area 1 day a week. While my food rotted, I waited. Columbine showed up, but could not do the repair because they did not have the part. Waited another week for the repair and thought situation was resolved. Eight months later had same problem. Scheduled appointment with Assurant and the appointment was confirmed via e-mail. Took off from work again, and no one showed up. Assurant evidently made the appointment with a co. that did not service my area on the day Assurant scheduled.

I waited for an entire week for a no-show, and even though it was Assurant's error, they would do nothing to help. Assurant is a rogue business that does not provide any service. Their employees are rude, snotty, and stupid. Make certain that if you buy a new appliance, that Assurant is NOT the company that provides the warranty. This is the stuff lawsuits are made of.

Original review: April 7, 2017

NOT RECOMMENDED. Service Protection Advantage I have for many years. I had small issue with GE Monogram Cooktop (I kept my cooktop amazingly clean and scratch free and I cooked a lot of food every day due to vegetarian and non vegetarian family member in my house). Service Protection Advantage sent 3rd party contractor to my house mid Feb 2017, we couldn't communicate with technician due to tech English barrier and couldn't explain to him about what was the issue with my cooktop. Finally he understood and opened my cooktop, couldn't fix.

Following couple weeks, came with parts and after around 2 hours and trying again couldn't fix. I called Service Protection Advantage to send actual GE technician. GE came and diagnosed of leaking the gas and informed us the last technician has broken one part and broken the gas line too. Told us you are not suppose to use your cooktop when is leaking gas and it was dangerous to use cooktop. GE closed my gas line. GE requested lots of part to fix the unit but Service Protection Advantage didn't agree to provide parts and offered me the one third of cost of replacement.

I don't have 45 days of cooktop, my house was in danger of leaking gas. Service Protection Advantage didn't vet the technician before send them to people's house and even they didn't release the name of 3rd party technician nor their company license number. They don't supervised 3rd party to make sure the technician know what they are doing and how much they know about appliances. DO NOT recommend this Company at all. Their customer service are not helpful and kind of aggressive. They don't transfer people to consumer protection or any department to help and solve the issue of customer. And still charge my bank account for cooktop they already broken by their technician.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Do not purchase out of warranty service. I live in the DFW area and they are contracted only with a TV repair people. Really??? Try canceling and then they will not allow you to cancel. I canceled my bank card to get away from these people that are in a call center in India. Repairman sent was rude, blocked the driveway, left water on the floor and in the machine. Said he would be back in 4 days. I complained and they said I had created a dangerous work environment and they said "sorry for you".

Original review: March 14, 2017

I bought a refrigerator from Nebraska Furniture Mart June of 2012 - Kitchenaid - over 1500.00. Broke down December of 2015 - called Assurant to get repair - was going to take 10 days to come out - they only have 3 companies in Kansas City for repairs on refrigerators. No name, never heard of them companies. Took a lot to get this resolved - but was able to use an out of network company who came the next day and provided the repair - I got reimbursed. All was good for about 9 months - fridge broke down again - has been breaking down for 4 plus months- using a company they provided - takes a week to get an appointment - 10 days for parts, etc...

Assurant says nothing, does nothing but quote policy. Now, the refrigerator has been deemed irreparable... as it should have been weeks ago - I have been 3 - 4 weeks without a refrigerator. Have me still on hold - 36 minutes waiting to talk to a supervisor because the robot phone person will not say anything but "I can only do what I can do". Now supervisor has put me back on hold. All because I want to know if replacing my broken fridge is ok. Not for any money... just to make sure they will still pay the old fridge off. You get nothing but a runaround - they purposely try to frustrate you so you will stop and they will pay out nothing. I will never ever use or recommend this company.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I purchased a new Samsung refrigerator in 2014. After the extended warranty ran out, I purchased a warranty from Assurant. Recently, the freezer stopped freezing. I contacted Assurant who dispatched a repairman. The repair man was not Samsung certified so they sent a second repairman who was. The repairman determined there was a freon leak within the walls of the appliance, however, it was not diagnosed as a sealed system issue which would have been covered by the manufacturer. Assurant Claims Department would not consider the diagnosis from the Samsung Certified Technician and stated that they would not cover the repair because they were sure the manufacturer would. After 3 weeks of not having a working refrigerator, I purchased a separate one. Assurant is not reliable and I plan to terminate my warranty coverage with the company. Very disappointing.

Original review: March 8, 2017

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your communication system. My first call for EMERGENCY REFRIGERATOR SERVICE was on Friday, March 3. The contact at Brandt's did not receive notification until Wednesday, March 8th. Even after four of my calls to your business, and being "Assured" that the call went in four different times by Connie (Friday), Nora (Tuesday morning), Elizabeth (agent) (Tuesday afternoon), Jedadiah (supervisor) (Tuesday late afternoon) and Elizabeth (second tier supervisor) (Wednesday morning), the call was not received until after 2 pm on Wednesday. That is totally unacceptable! All of these people need to be retrained, and Elizabeth (Supervisor) needs to be demoted for her persistent and misguided protectionist attitude that her subordinates were providing good service.

The contact at Brandt's offered to send me a screen-shot of the first contact notification from her computer, so I am assuming that she is not lying. Consequently, this indicates an EPIC FAIL on your behalf, and I will reporting it to Consumer Affairs and BBB. I lost over $250 in perishable food products because of this disastrous service failure, and you will be receiving a small claims notification as soon as I can file it. I will also be reporting to GE, to let them know what kind of service you are providing to their customers. Every one of your three agents and two supervisors lied to me and told me that my only recourse was to wait until the system processed the issue. The system is severely flawed, and I suggest that you repair it immediately.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have a GE Advantium build-in over the range Microwave that was installed by the builder over ten years ago. One month ago I called for service since the unit had failed on a service contract renewed for the second time in 2009. I paid $1200 to insure the microwave and other appliances in the home. Assurant tells me that the unit will not be repaired due to physical damage. Assurant repaired the unit one other time prior and the unit was in substantially the same physical condition. This Assurant service contract is essentially worthless. For us, Assurant's customer service is slow to answer the telephone, and its phone personnel cannot answer questions.

Original review: March 8, 2017

December 2nd GE Front Load Washer began making horrible noise when drum turned. They authorized work. It is now March of next year. They have replaced, bearings inner and outer, drum, heater assembly, pump assembly, stator and rotor. NOW you would think the machine would work. Nope!! It leaks, hardly spins and takes all of 5 seconds to run through an entire cycle. However, Assurant states they will send out a tech each time. It's an endless cycle and they just won't give us a machine that works!! Just remember if you use them you will be in this endless cycle of repair guy coming out to your home and nothing really getting fixed.

Original review: March 1, 2017

My LG washer was making some strange loud noises when in the last spin cycle. I called the insurance company on 7th of February 2017. They gave me an appointment with a technician for 9th February. On the 8 the tech's company called and said they will come on the 10th instead. He came on the 10th and left an invoice saying he will be back. Apparently the drum needed to be changed. I kept calling the insurance company for an update and was told all week that they haven't received any paperwork from the tech. The tech's company kept saying that they were waiting on the authorization from Assurant. What a mess.

Finally on the 17th I was told that on the 14th they received the claim and it was all authorized on the 15th. I called the tech on the 17th. I was shocked to know that the amount authorized was incorrect. I called them back and I was told it was an honest mistake and they will fix it. Later during the week of the 22 I came to know that the amount they were asking for was more than what Assurant was willing to give. That is why this fizzled out. It has been exactly week where now I am waiting for the locating team to find an authorized LG dealer in my area. Now they say a detailed locating team is trying to get me a technician. I am so amazed at the lies and stories.

I contacted LG today and was given a list of all their service techs in our area. There are plenty. Apparently the tech who visited on the 10th was an authorized tech. Assurant lied to me saying he was not. And why would send me an unauthorized dealer to begin with. Crazy. They don't care. It's been plus 3 weeks I am without a washer and these people don't care. Not sure if anyone can fix them first. Bad customer service, indifferent supervisors. They are just liaisons and yet they cannot do that right. The wait time is so long. Sometimes they blame it on claims sometimes on locating. Crazy.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

In August 2016, I called and filed a request to have my Jenn-air refrigerator repaired because the ice dispenser on the door was not working. Repairman came and ordered the parts he felt were necessary and came back in a week to install the parts. Two months later the refrigerator began making a loud humming sound for no apparent reason. I called the warranty company and they sent back the repairman who originally fixed the problem and after two additional visits admitted, "it is over my head, I need to bring another repairman more familiar with this brand". They never came back and when I called them, they said it had not been approved by warranty company.

It is February 2017 and still no one has been authorized or unable to repair my Jenn-air refrigerator. No one has contacted me to tell me the order has been transferred or unable to fix it. I have spoken to supervisors and other departments and I'm assured it will be taken care of! I am tired of wasting my time waiting on the phone to speak to an operator and I'm tired of waiting for someone to show up and they never do! I am paying every month for a warranty that is useless to me and a company that has poor customer service practices.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Learn from my lesson. Don't buy an extended service protection warranty. I purchased all new appliances for my kitchen and paid $684 for an additional 4 years of extended warranty. I have had 2 claims now. 1 on my oven, and the last one on my dishwasher. We live in a very rural area, so no serviceman in my area. It takes an act of congress and hours on the phone to go through the process of getting my appliances repaired. This last time, all I needed was a replacement part on the top rack of the dishwasher. They tried to tell me that it is a consumable and that I will have to pay for it. The contract states that "a product is to be restored to normal operating use". The part that broke is necessary to use the top rack on the dishwasher or the dishes will go crashing Down on top of the dishes in the lower rack! It's a $40 part.

After an hour and 15 minutes on the phone, and finally talking to a manager, I somehow got transferred to someone else, and I effectively had to start completely over! He transferred me supposedly, but I heard no hold music and no one was there, so I had to hang up. I will not be calling back. The $40 part is not worth my time and frustration to deal with them... which is what I think they try to drive a person to anyhow. But I PAID for this contract! I am really really angry.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

My washer broke down on Dec. 30, 2016. Due to the New Year holiday I waited until Jan. 2, 2017 to call and report the washer been broken and that I needed an appointment to have it repaired. I have contacted them 8 or 9 times. After the 5th call, a repair person called me to schedule a time and found out I was located 2 hours away from his business and decided not to come. I called them back and reported that the service person wasn't coming and that I needed someone else to call me. Each time they put me on hold and tell me they are going to talk with locating and see what is going on. They get back on the phone and tell me that locating never picked up their call and that they have left them an email and someone would call me later that same day and set me up an appointment with someone in my area.

The last time I contacted them which was 3 days ago, I ask to speak with a supervisor. She proceeded to tell me the same exact thing that the other representatives had told me. I told her that I didn't believe that anyone would call me but she assured it that I would get a call that day. Needless to say I haven't heard anything from them.

I have been a customer of theirs for several years. I get the yearly contract and am due to renew it in April 2017. I have called them a couple of times this past year for repair on my dryer and they have always set me up an appointment. The service repair people call me right away and schedule me a time. This is the first time that I have had trouble with them. I will not be renewing my contract. I am now stuck with a broken washer and will have to put out the expense of having it done myself. I would recommend that you DO NOT take a contract out with them! This company can not be trusted.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information