1.00/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a home warranty company?

Last updated: April 13, 2018

208 Assurant Service Protection Advantage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2018

EXTREMELY Poor Customer Service and communication between Assurant, their service providers, and customers! NO ONE EVER CALLS BACK!!! I filed a claim back in early January to have my Viking freezer repaired. Ice was building up on the bottom of the freezer floor and in the back. They sent out a serviceman from A+ Appliance. The serviceman, said they had to get approval and order the part. It took approximately 3 weeks to get the repair completed and within a week of the repair the freezer had ice build up again! I contacted A+ Appliance to say we still have the same problem. They informed me that A+ and Assurant closed my case. I had to call Assurant to start process all over again! After several phone calls, on March 15 same serviceman came out from A+ and tells me he has to get authorization to order another part.

A few weeks past and I called A+ to inquire when they will get the part and come to fix my freezer. They tell me the case is closed again and I need to contact Assurant. The Assurant representative says they closed the case because there is no OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) service company in my area. This doesn't make sense to me... I don't live in a remote area. I have been calling weekly to follow up on my claim. I am getting no further than customer service for over a month now. They informed me that the claim is being reviewed and the Claims Department will get in contact with me. Well it is now almost the middle of April and I have heard nothing from the Claims Department nor will they transfer me to them or give a contact number. Is there really a Claims Department??? I paid for this service coverage from 2017 to 2021 in good faith and have received NOTHING but AGGRAVATION!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Had to call Assurant to get service on my 2007 Maytag front loading washer, not filling. After replacing the hoses and clearing the drains myself, still not working. Customer rep tells me there are no techs in my area but I should get a call sometime from another company in the next three days... Last time I had a repair needed on an appliance under warranty, I had to pay another company for the repair then wait for Assurant to reimburse, this is UNSAT. Want to look into Home warranties...

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Three successive calls were placed to Assurant to repair a refrigerator covered by an Assurant contract. In each case, Assurant's policy is to inform General Electric (GE) - the latter is the entity which actually sends a technician to effectuate the repair. The last technician to appear (on March 19, 2018) advised that the roll out basket at the bottom of the freezer was not rolling in fully and would not seat properly. Its protrusion in turn resulted in the inability of the freezer door to close properly, which in turn allowed ice build up and cessation of freezer operation.

The problem with the freezer basket is that it has a wire basket design - the side wires are flexible, deform easily and when out of true, prevent the basket from sliding in completely. This basket design is no longer in stock with GE or anywhere else. When Assurant was informed about this, they replied via email that the problem was cosmetic and not covered by the contract for repair. This is not a cosmetic issue - it is a design flaw, since the side wires are too flexible for the application. Moreover, cosmetic flaws do not impede operation the way this problem does.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Service provider and company say they ordered new freezer side door 3 weeks ago - nobody known when door is being delivered. Ice maker does not shut off - that has to be new claim. Service provider has no idea when door is coming then tells me he is washing his hands and is canceling the order for the door, Then I get e-mail from Service Protection Advantage that I threatened the service contractor and that refuse to fix my fridge. I am 74 years old, 5'1" and just want our fridge fixed!!!! Have been paying them out of my American Express card autopay monthly for 16 years - servicer who said I threatened him forgot that his work a few weeks ago broke the fan switch in the frig and we had no power for 24 hours - almost lost everything we had. Now I am waiting for 3 more business days to see if this company will ever change frig door which they say is on back order - from where - MARS? I have never been treated so horribly in my life.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Assurant knew how old my washing machine was when they sold to me an extended warranty for my washing machine in 2015, more than 3 years ago, for approximately $17 a month. I opened a claim in March 2018 to have the washing machine repaired. Assurant refused to repair my washing machine because they have determined that my appliance is being replaced due to NOT COST EFFECTIVE and offered me a $287.68 cash settlement. Assurant is NOT replacing my washing machine, but they found a comparable replacement for $900. So, I have spent more than $600 for Assurant to deny my claim, find me a replacement, and for offer me a cash settlement. At the end of the day, I'm out of pocket $1,212, $900 replacement washer + $600 for 3 years of extended warranty - $288 cash settlement. It is much wiser to put $17 a month into a savings account for when your washer dies instead of paying Assurant to deny your claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: March 9, 2018

I guess we all have the same complaint. Poor Customer Service and communication between Assurant and their service providers. I filed a claim back in January the Service provider. Their contact came out. After researching the part needed it was no longer available. They informed them of that and Assurant closed my case. Called to get status but could not get no further than customer service for over 2 MONTHS NOW. They informed me that the claim was closed cause the part is no longer available and the Claims Department will get in contact with me. Well it is now March and I have heard nothing from the Claims Department nor will they transfer me to them or give a contact number. Is there really a Claims Department. But they have been paid and I have this service since 2014 and this is my First & Last Claim with them. Don't do it.

Original review: March 6, 2018

This was my second time to have to call this company for service in all of the years I have paid them for my appliances. The first service technician they sent to my home couldn't fix the problem as he didn't have the parts. So he said he would order the parts and when they were received that I should call back to schedule a return visit. Well he then closed out the tickets so I guess that is where my problem started. Their advertisement of Peace of mind protection and Reliability hassle-free is a joke. These people have no respect for the customer who is actually paying for them to have a job. When I got upset because I have been put in a loop of auto-bots and talked to 3 people the CSR hung up on me.

I called back and got the same person. I had to act like a robot myself in order to get him to schedule a service call for me. I will never renew my service contract with these people. So disrespectful to me and talked to me like I was an idiot who didn't understand how their service calls worked. I know how they work. They hire subcontractors to do the work and they don't care if it gets done right or not. It would help if someone spoke understandable English too. But the second person who answered my call who did speak fluent English just pushed me back into the auto-bot loop. Good customer service simply does not exist today and it definitely is not in this company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased 2 plans to cover the purchase of our new cell phones. These 2 Year policies were not cheap but readily available. Here over my wife's phone starts coming apart at the frame or seams from normal wear and tear. There was no one accident or time period that caused the phone to start opening up. It may be from electrical heat. Anyway the associate said it is not covered as it was an accident. WHAT? There was not accident. My wife always "babys" her phone. It is carried in a protective glove and treated as an electronic instrument. I honestly feel the company is in financial trouble (recent lack of eBay Sales and Support) and I highly recommend NO one purchase anything from these people. You are throwing your money out the window.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I believe they sub-contract the work to highly suspect companies who are only good at making the repair last until the service contracts expires. I will never ever do business with Assurant again. If they were to be investigated for their practices I would not be the slightest bit surprised.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Called for gasket repair and tech came out and said clamp was missing. Declined. But when tech left he said he would fix for $350. Submitted complaint and denied. Called for service from another company and found clamp behind gaskets. Sent in pictures and keep getting the runaround. Have paid for 4 years and all they do is find a way to not repair. No supervisors. Hang up when you ask for 2nd opinion. Say 3 day review and then after 7 days say still being reviewed. Taking to court for denial of service. They are scammers and I believe they send out techs to find ways to deny claim.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We called on a Friday to get our 12 year old LG fridge repaired. We were able to get an appointment for Tuesday with a local repair place. This place called us Saturday and said they were booked and gave us another appointment a week and a half away. We called Assurant Monday morning and asked for another repair place as this was an emergency no fridge food spoiled. They could care less. We finally got a supervisor who said she would initiate an emergency ticket but it could take up to 48 hours. Emergency obviously means nothing.

We did finally get a repair place in on Thursday just looked at front of fridge as he didn’t want to pull it out. He ordered a bunch of parts said they would call me that evening once Assurant approves the repair and he would be back once another appointment was made and parts were in. Never heard from the repair company or Assurant. His parting words were, “Oh well you’re going to be without a fridge for a while.”

We asked Assurant to just pays us the prorated amount to replace since it is very old. They told us the tech makes that decision. He told us that Assurant makes that decision. I had to pay $25.00 copay and will have to pay that each time repair place comes out. This is just a scam to take money. The refrigerator per LG has passed its usefulness. I asked for the food loss amount and they have not followed through with that. Total rip off.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Called to have my LG washer serviced. Was told they would have to get in touch with the locating team and that I should hear back from them in 1 to 2 business days. I originally contacted them on a Wednesday and as of that Friday hadn't heard from them so I called them back and was told once again that I could speak to the locating team and was put on hold. After about 15 minutes of being on hold I ended the call since I had company coming and needed to finish fixing my dinner.

Saturday I called again. They were open and was told they would connect me to the locating team and put me on hold. After being on hold for approximately 40 minutes a busy tone came across the line and I was not able to continue holding. On Monday I once again called and was placed on hold for the locating team. After being on hold for approximately 40 minutes once again a busy signal came across the line and I was unable to hold again. When I finally called back the representative told me to hold on while she connected me to the locating team to which I responded, "No. There is no point in doing." That it does not work and explained to her what had been happening.

I was told that they would get somebody here and gave me the name of a company to which I called and they said that the insurance company would have to call them to verify it before they could set up a call. The following day I called back to make sure they had gotten in touch with the company so that I could have them come repair my machine and I was told that the company did not service this area and they were trying to locate a new place but I could do a third party repair where I would be responsible to find a person and I would be reimbursed what they covered and whatever wasn't paid would have to come out of my pocket. I declined and told them that I wanted them to schedule a repair Tech to fix my machine.

Besides that since their company has been so horrible at scheduling or locating someone, why should I think they would be any better at returning money if I submitted a claim to them. LOL. Hahaha. I told them to schedule with A and E and was told they would do that but they had to get ahold of you guessed it the locating team. The next day I get a call from the manager saying that he doesn't know why I was told A and E would come but they don't service my area and I told him about the problem I was having. He said that somebody from you guessed it the locating team would contact me within 1 to 2 business days. This was on a Wednesday and two days later I had not heard anything. It has now been two weeks to the day since I spoke to him and was told by him that within 2 business days I would hear back from them.

Today I told them I wanted my complete refund for what I had paid and they told me they couldn't do that. They did say that they had some kind of video tech that was able to service my area and they don't know why that was cancelled originally but they say it was cancelled and it never went any further. They continue to tell me that because something happened in 2016. My warranty for some reason had expired but had been renewed. They then stated that my contract had expired a week after I reported my machine to which I ask why they never sent me a new contract or had not been told by any of the representatives I spoke to that my contract was about to expire and was not answered. They told me they could not refund my money but assured me that they could get a serviceman here to repair my machine on the 9th of February.

This is the 31st of January 2018. I have been dealing with a washer that doesn't work since around the 6th of January. So now I sit and wait to see if this is truthful or if they will even be here to fix my machine. I am guessing that since the service repairman is not even in this state I probably won't even hear from them. I don't normally do reviews unless I'm extremely pleased because I don't believe in running a person's business down and that's not what I'm trying to do here. I just hope that I can prevent someone from having to go through what I've been through. I paid for a service contract. Never used it when I went to use it. I've had nothing but frustration.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Anytime I still needed service on my LG washer and dryer it costed me out of pocket or I had to wait about 3 weeks for the product to get fixed. Their service contractor were rude and condescending.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Do not purchase! I have had to use this service due to my LEMON GE dryer. It is only 16 months old and we have use the warranty 5 times. The technicians are not knowledgeable, and appointment times are not accommodating. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. It takes multiple phone calls with supervisors and hold times over 15-20 minutes to get anything accomplished. Again... DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have spent over 10 hours on the phone over 5 phone calls with this company since the screen I had protected with a 3 year accidental damage warranty shattered a few days before Christmas. Two days after Christmas I made my first call to them and was told that I could purchase the new screen I needed and a credit would be given to me when the claim was processed. I purchased a new screen, and threw away the first screen that was shattered. I WAS NOT TOLD I NEEDED TO KEEP IT.

Four days later I had hear nothing from the company, so I called again. At this time I was told that they had not gotten a receipt from me via email. I sent it again, and a few hours later the company sent me shipping labels via email to send the shattered screen that I no longer had back to them. I call back that same day to figure out what other proof I could provide, other than the shattered screen I had already taken to a dumpster.

The person I spoke to, Joshua, told me that I could send the receipt for the second screen in lieu of the shattered screen so I did. Today, I got yet another email with shipping labels. After another 35 minute phone call today, I was told that unless I can "produce the shattered screen" my warranty would not be honored despite having two employees tell me that I would not need to do that. So I am out the cost of the plan, and the cost of a new screen. Had I known what a terrible company this is, I would have purchased a warranty through someone else.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I paid big $$$ for this extended warranty on my very expensive appliances. My range stopped working, I called in. They sent me a technician. The technician ordered parts, came back, installed them and I was still having the same problem. They sent the company back. Same thing. They ordered a different part, came back, installed it and still not working. They sent the company back. Same story. They came, ordered a part, installed it, it's still not working and the technician told me that there is an issue with the appliance. It needs to be replaced. So I called Assurant and told them, they said the company would have to notify them that the appliance was no good and they sent the company back to my home.

For the forth time they were leaving my house and my appliance still wasn't working. Now they refuse to return to my home because they can't fix my range. So I called Assurant again and told them that they need to fix my appliance I paid them to do so. They said that they don't have anyone else who can service Thermador appliances and this company refuses to come back... so basically I'm stuck with a $10k broken range and the money I paid for the warranty was a waste.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have an appt for a service repair from 12-5 today. Upon no one arriving I call and am told, 'the service persons called my home and no answer so they cancelled'. I was NEVER informed someone would call AND they say the number was that on my account...again, a lie. I can easily confirm that as there was no message or missed call on my phone. Upon calling back and begging for someone to come, they transfer me to customer service. After 45 minutes on wait I hung up. Note, we have this appt. scheduled for over 5-days and I have taken a half day off for meeting the service person. I know I have simply been lied to as they could not make the appt.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

ASSURANT WON’T GUARANTEE A GE REPAIR PERSON!!! - Very poor English, repairman seemed to have found the cause of the difficulty, and hopefully dishwasher ok. HOWEVER, he asked me for something sharp, gave him a toothpick, which he used. After he left, I found pieces of the toothpick in the hole which he was using it to clean. So, clearly did not have the proper equipment. This is the first time I ever had a bad serviceman...

I have had the same 3-4 servicemen over the 42 years I have lived here, and this service provider was very different. Islander Service? His inability to communicate with me was a problem. The problem with ASSURANT, however, when I called them, was they told me that they just send the first COMPANY that pops up... Also, had to request service online because their phones weren’t working!! Online is NOT good. I still have 2 other insurances with them, and if I have such an experience with them again, I will ask for a refund.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I called for service on my dryer. 1st apt scheduled for 11/10/17. Repairman comes, never knocks on my door or calls. Leaves a GE CALLING CARD, call back to re-schedule. So I call the # on the card, reschedule, another repairman comes 11/17. This time he gets in. Says my dryer is old and I should just go to the nearest scratch & dent and buy another one and charges me a service call, and says the dryer is working!!! I come home throw a load into the dryer, and after 1 hr the clothes are still wet and cold. It wasn't working!

So I called complaining. One that it wasn't working. 2, I was charged. Rep said, "No you shouldn't have been charged and esc to manager to get a refund." Still waiting on a refund, and service call was re-scheduled. At that time I said, "Why don't your call GE and find out exactly what happened." "Oh no, we will just send another person." 11/21, new apt for service, 3rd time my spouse takes off from work. Guy calls and says, "I'm not going out there, I have to order a part." Jeeze, that should have been done from the 11/17 date when guy was here "saying my dryer works", no he puts down in the computer what my machine needs, but no.

Now I have to wait for parts. So its been weeks w/o a dryer. I have 5 adults in this house and I have been to the laundromat multiple times. NEVER again will I get an extended warranty. It's a joke and a rip-off. Tonight I call SVC Protection Advantage, and they tell me that it was my fault that I called GE to re-schedule and I wouldn't be getting my money back. How can it be my fault when originally I scheduled thru Assurant and the tech leaves a calling card to call 1 800 GE CARES to reschedule!!! SURE THEY DO. Why didn't the rep see that originally my service was scheduled thru the service protection agency???

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Find another company for your insurance needs. My dishwasher got damaged and they sent somebody to fix it, a very useless tech that after diagnosed the issue (I had to help him to put back the appliance) he went to get the part and never show up again. When called Assurant to complain and see if they pressure the guy the only help they provided was calling the tech and set up appt again, which he missed again for a second time. They do not want to switch providers so I had to make a third appt for the tech to come, which I am sure the guy will miss again. Very slow process with them, they do not really care about your time, last call was 45 minutes waiting to be taken care of. Find another company. I wish I had done my DD before. They work with the cheapest providers in your area. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PEOPLE, when you purchase extended insurance make sure you don't do it from this company!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have unfortunately learned that my contract is with Assurant Service Protection Advantage and not Lowe's where I purchased my appliance from. I called Assurant on Oct. 23rd to request service for dishwasher repair. I was told I would hear from them within 3 business days to have an appt scheduled. It is now Nov. 2nd. I have called Assurant every day except For Sunday and Monday. Every day I am told that my issue is being escalated to a manager. After 9 business days I am still unable to get a service provider. I am able to locate a service provider, but, Assurant will not authorize me to do that even though they have now breached their contract with me.

This is the most frustrated I have ever been with a service company. It is unacceptable to be told I will have a service provider within 3 business days to set up an appointment. How long will I have to wait? I don't know as they say only their locating department can set up service providers or give me permission to locate my own service provider. If you are looking for a service protection company. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I purchased an iPad mini through Amazon and along with that came the option to buy this protection plan. I thought it was a good idea so I bought it(2 year warranty). Today, I tried to submit a claim for a broken screen and I was told this product was not eligible for the protection plan since it was refurbished!!! If that was the case, why was I offered this? After being disappointed that the warranty was basically fraud, I found out I can't even get a full refund for the purchase of the warranty. I was told it would be prorated because I could have other products on the same warranty!! WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT RECOMMEND - THEY ARE FRAUDS.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have purchased both an LG washer and Dryer from Warehouse Discount Center. I like them, and when recommended to buy the extended service contract, thought it was a good idea. Did not know anything about extended warranty companies. Unfortunately the company they use is Assurant. My first experience was having my washer repaired, a door seal, and it took 3 service calls and 7 WEEKS. The first call is only diagnostic and they have no parts so they order them which takes forever! Setting up appointments is a nightmare. Assurant and the repair company they use in LA is My Appliance. Total nightmare!

Washer stopped yesterday and called. Was told they would come out Wednesday, 2 days later and to call and confirm in the afternoon. When I called My Appliance they said they had no information and they couldn't come for over a week. They later called and I missed it. Tried to return the call immediately, but couldn't get through. Got them today and they said my appointment was cancelled and I could get one nearly 10 days from now. I had alerted WDC and they said they would intervene and would call me today. When they didn't call, I called them and they transferred me to Assurant Customer Service. They have supposedly set up an appointment for Friday and a Steven is "supposed" to call and confirm. That was at 11:00 am. It is now 5:15, and Steven has NOT CALLED yet!!! I doubt he will.

The other person I spoke to at My Appliance was Christina and she essentially told me that warranty people never got same day appointments and had to wait. Confirmed that they never carry parts and have to order them. Said no service people carry parts anymore. (Which is a bold face Lie!!) I said, "So service warranties are garbage, right?" She said, "I can't say that", so I rephrased and asked if SHE would buy a service warranty and her reply was "No". I really think this company is a total scam and should be shut down. They are just hoping to make you wait so you call a real repair person!! This company is a total sham! Please be forewarned and be cautious.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

This company is the biggest ripoff artist I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. My 87 year old Mother has been paying for 13 years on a "service protection" plan. Now granted I should have paid better attention to the "policy" before now BUT I didn't. So the washer breaks down. The service tech shows up a day or two later. Says he doesn't believe the company will do anything. Too many things wrong with the washer. I worked just fine and then oil all over the clothes. Anyway the plan was paid in March 2017 for the entire year.

I called the company when we hadn't heard from them in over a week and this is what I was told. The company would not pay to repair the machine. The company would not offer a replacement ($250.00) when the over the lifetime of this "protection" the company collected $2,457.00!!! They prorated the value of the 13 year old machine and offered a check for $117.00 at which time, when my Mother agreed, the plan would no longer exist and they would be held blameless. I am LIVID that an 87 year old was scammed and treated with such disrespect.

The "customer service" rep. couldn't answer any questions. She had to literally read from the warranty to decide what to say. There WILL BE NO refund of the 6 months that had been paid in advance since the appliance warranty no longer existed after approval of $117.00 buyout. I asked from names of supervisors, address, etc. She refused to provide any information. I was so fluttered and angry that I told her I would just "handle it" in my own way. This is the first of many complaints that I will be lodging against this company. Social media is a wonderful tool too!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Been paying for years for this service... last month our ice maker was not working, they sent a repair person, who was rude and told me to blow dry the ice maker because it was not broken and it was frozen. He said he would not change parts and would come again if this did not work. This is a scam, he gets paid regardless of fixing or not. I called Assurant Service Protection, explained the situation and they put me on hold and hung up on me! We called again today and we went through the prompts and when we were to be connected to service, it would disconnect or have a busy signal. This was during working hours that they advertised as being open.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The beginning of July a technician came to my home to repair my freezer. He informed me that three parts needed to be ordered. As of today September 15, he has not returned to repair the freezer or called me. I have spoken to numerous personnel regarding this matter. First he did not have all the parts. Second he had all the parts but just wouldn't come. Schedule several visits but didn't show up. The supervisors spoke to him but he would not keep his word to them. Now he is supposed to come on Monday. I am tired of talking to different supervisors. I only asked Dan, a supervisor who called today that I wanted to speak to the person I last spoke to.

She told me she would handle my case and that she would follow up with our last call. I was given the run around when I called back asking for her. Cymbria was the last supervisor I spoke to when I called them back. Then I asked her for the head manager over everyone. Of course I did not get that person. She just said Dan was over everyone. Then I asked for the address of the corporate office and the manager there. I only got a P.O. Box in South Dakota but no name of anyone. This was given to me by Cymbria.

This is unacceptable. I would never recommend these people to anyone. At this point I am not exactly sure of the name of this organization. Is it Assurant, Federal Warranty Service? Maybe Better Business Bureau can let me know. However, Dan told me today 9/15/17 that the case would be escalated if I don't see the technician from Eagle Star Appliance on Monday. Which means that the entire process has to start again from the beginning with someone else. I only want my freezer repaired.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Assurant Protection plan is an Oxymoron. Assurant is the worst appliances insurance ever, horrible customer service. Don't waste your time and your money with them. Been over a month and have been lied to over and over again. I believe this is a scam operation for sure. When they do call an appliance company to come out the appliance company is under the impression the homeowner is paying the bill. It's crazy frustrating and then when you do call it's an hour wait to get someone who cannot help and says they will escalate to a manager but no manager is ever available to talk to.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

If I knew that this was going to happen with my microwave first I would never buy a General Electric appliances and second never use Assurant protection plans, Assurant is the worst appliances insurance ever, horrible customer service... Don't waste your time and your money with them. I'm calling about my microwave every single week, is been almost 2 months like this. Assurant sent out a GE tech's from GE repair to fix the problem and they told me it will take 4 or 5 days but now every single week is a excuse. They keep telling me or lying "Yes you will receive your microwave tomorrow or Friday" every single week... And they never show up. No even call us to report what is happening with my microwave. I'm still waiting for a manager to call me... I don't know. What else to do... This is ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

In 2012, I bought a five-year extend warranty plan for three appliances for $1227.28. Close to end of the plan, I requested a service and was told that the plan was cancelled. They said they were paid but refunded about 50% of the payment. I did not cancel the plan and have no records of the refund. Also, I have never received a communication that the plan was cancelled. This company is a scam. As countless customer complaints show, they collect money and do not provide the services they sell.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Save your money, they will look for any reason not to cover your item and their customer service is terrible! I purchased GE appliance (which I will never purchase GE again) and the first 2 times they had to repair my fridge. Assurant sent out GE tech's from GE Repair so they had all the proper equipment to diagnose the problem. Then they sent our RR Repair, they did not have the software to connect to the fridge and since it wasn't make the "loud noise" when the tech came out, he said he couldn't diagnose it.

He explained that their company did not have the software to connect to the fridge and that I needed a tech from GE. Assurant refused to send a GE repair tech and then said since the fridge is working they weren't going to send anyone out. HELLO... I don't think a fridge that has always been so quiet and now it's making a sound. You can hear from across the house is "working properly." ASSURANT is a company of crooks.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information