Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Assurant is an appliance protection program with low deductibles and a short waiting period. Assurant’s plans cover a variety of home appliances, and you can create coverage based on your products and the types of damage you want covered.

BOTTOM LINE

Assurant offers a transferable appliance protection program with low deductibles and short waiting periods. Although Assurant’s costs vary greatly, its payment plans can help make coverage more affordable.

PROS
  • Transferable coverage
  • Monthly payment options
  • Short waiting period
  • Low deductibles
CONS
  • Varying costs
  • No upfront pricing

Top Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Your service was right on. The time frame was quick and easy. The warranty procedure was not complicated. The phone service was spot on! Very pleasant person to understand and talk to. She wasted no time and got the job done. Thank so much for your service.

Highly recommended, Would recommend to a friend. Website was very user friendly. Looking forward to visit again sooner than later. Wish I could give ten stars instead of 5 stars. Could not be more happy. Thanks.

What is Assurant service protection?

Assurant’s service protection is an appliance warranty program you can purchase for appliances when buying a home. It extends the life of a manufacturer’s warranty, covering functional parts and labor after the warranty expires.

With Assurant service protection, 100% of functional parts and labor are covered if you submit a claim. This does not cover problems due to random acts of nature, cosmetic damages or issues caused by power outages. All services are completed by reputable technicians, and plans can be transferred to a new owner if you move before your protection is up.

How does Assurant service protection work?

With Assurant service protection, homeowners create a plan centered on which appliances they want covered — typical selections include stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines and TVs. You can choose to cover up to nine appliances with one plan, though your products must be no more than 15 years old.

After choosing your plan, you can sign up for coverage that's effective within 48 hours if the product is under manufacturer's warranty or 30 days if it isn't. Then, in the case of an appliance malfunction, you file a claim and wait to receive care from Assurant’s network of authorized specialists.

Assurant service protection costs

The price of an Assurant service protection plan varies based on a few factors, including where you’re located, the product type and brand and when your appliances were installed. For example, a three-year plan for a side-by-side GE refrigerator installed in July 2020 in Kansas City costs $402.33, while a Frigidaire dishwasher installed at the same time in the same city runs $218.85 for a three-year plan.

You can save on the overall cost by purchasing more years of coverage. Assurant also offers the option to pay in four installments. Its plans include a $50 deductible.

Assurant service protection FAQ

Is there a waiting period for Assurant service protection?
If your product is still under warranty, your appliances can be covered in under 48 hours. If your product is no longer covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty or your service contract has expired, your new plan will start 30 days after purchase.
What systems does Assurant cover?
Assurant covers all functional parts and labor costs if a protected item fails. Products available for coverage include refrigerators, small kitchen appliances, microwaves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, freezers, ovens, ranges and cooktops less than 15 years old and TVs less than 10 years old.
Is Assurant service protection available everywhere?
According to the website, Assurant has a vast network of technicians, so service should be offered widely. If no technicians are available in your area, you can ask for a refund.

Is Assurant service protection worth it?

Assurant is a well-known name in the insurance industry, and its service protection program could help you save money on repairs. With multiple coverage options, plus protection for up to nine appliances, it’s simple to tailor a plan to each homeowner. While upfront pricing isn’t available on its site, its quote tool lets customers calculate expected costs in their area. And, with little to no waiting period for coverage for most products, Assurant offers faster protection than many other options.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: March 21, 2021

In this case, damage was due to someone locking key inside safe. So I didn't mind the fact that I used my "1 year replacement warranty" up and I no longer can use this insurance policy. I have a flashlight that breaks too easily and I should not have to buy another policy every time it needs replacement-it was obviously is cheaply made-switch wears out immediately. That one is a tipoff. This made sense.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Heather, we would like to understand your feedback. A private message was sent you with further details.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I can't express enough how much this replacement was well worth it. Not a lot of people think it's worth it to add a protection. But I do because it can be done in store when the replacement item is available. & It can also add a new replacement to reach item without having to purchase another item at retail price. So to get another item for the price of the replacement saves on a lot of money when you need the item & don't have $229 every single time you burn it up. I'm glad Harbor Freight offers this plan.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Glad to hear you are pleased with the coverage. Thank you for this awesome feedback.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

When I brought my saw in for warranty, the store clerk checked for my warranty upon entering. I was able to get a new saw and have the warranty processed easily and with a smile from Emily the cashier. She was very efficient at getting my info verified and the paperwork filled out. My Wife and I were very impressed as it was so easy. I purchased another warranty for the new saw because the process was so easy and Emily was very nice through the whole process. Very impressed with her customer service skills and positive personality, Quite rare to find lately! Thank you for a great service product!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Justin, glad to hear you enjoyed the service! Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Very easy website to follow and making service appointment was easy also. It was very clear on what to do. The questions were very clear and easy to answer. Would not hesitate to tell friends and family about this service plan.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

So happy to hear you had a great experience! Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I would like to have next day appointment, because more than likely after the service tech diagnoses the problem, he will have to order a part and schedule another appointment. This all adds time to the repair. Just a little frustrating. Also this will be the 4th repair we've had on this refrigerator. I know that is not Assurant's fault, but I am glad I have the repair contract.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy to hear you are glad to be enrolled with coverage. In the event you would like to speak with a specialist regarding your case, please private message us your claim and best contact number.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 11, 2021

Save your money and pay out of pocket for repairs. We bought multiple Assurant plans when we purchased all new kitchen appliances for a remodel. We placed service calls on our GE Café refrigerator and GE Café dishwasher in early April 2021. (Freezer temp fluctuated between 0 and 40; dishwasher would not clean dishes). Both appliances have been in service about 18 months. After more than a month, both pieces of equipment are still down. The wrong part was ordered for the dishwasher (a tech has been out twice also). He decided we needed a new motherboard after the second visit. A part was ordered and delivered. GE says the next available tech will be on on 5/24, more than 5 weeks after the original call. If you can wait four or five weeks for repairs, these warranties might be okay. We consider it money wasted. Would rather pay for needed repairs on a TIMELY basis.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Tom - Sorry to hear about the delay. A private message was sent to you via this site asking for further details.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We have had Assurant for appliance repair for a number of years. When needed they have provided excellent service and quick response. The repair people have been excellent and honest and very helpful.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are pleased to hear you had a great customer service experience!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I have been with this company for over 6 years. Did not have any issue other than had to fight to get an actual GE repair service man. The last time I renewed in 2019 I was told they now charge $25 for each repair call. I recently noticed the wood floor under my dishwasher start to curl. Had a plumber look and he said I needed gaskets. At the same time my built in Microwave started making noise so I called service for both. My dishwasher needed a gaskets and the repairman saw that the control panel was not working. I asked if they covered the dish rack as they were starting to have a minor rust on tips problem.. He said he would check. My microwave needed a new fan. Both claims were denied. Told they did NOT cover gaskets and would close the claim until I first repaired the rust and gaskets. Then open a new claim for the panel. I told them one had nothing to do with the other just repair what was on my contract.

After two hours on the phone (including wait time to get to a supervisor) I was told they would review. Just received an email telling me gasket not covered and closing claim. Microwave too old to repair so they determined 149.00 as pro rated cost. They took my money all these years and knew the age of my appliances. Last cost of my 2 year contract was Dishwasher 152.19 - Vent over stove - 121.41 - Refrigerator - 155.43 - Range - 153.81 Microwave- 263.88 with a $25.00 deductible. So disappointed. I can NOT recommend this company any longer.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We reached out to you privately via this site with more details.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Return some cameras I purchased along with the extended warranty and exchange them for some new ones because the ones I purchased no longer worked. No questions asked. Fast. Easy and very customer friendly. Very happy!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Rick - Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 16, 2021

Purchased extended warranty on tool. The tool broke. Went back for warranty and found out within a year it was discounted wow. Now I have to pay for upgrade. 2nd time now at Harbor Freight has done that. Another way to get customers money. Not very happy.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Sorry to hear about your case. If you would like for us to conduct a second review of your case, please send us a private message with your claim and contact number.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information