2.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From refrigerators to smart speakers, Assurant keeps millions of households up and running with service protection plans that save time and money. Our service contracts protect purchases with additional coverage that goes beyond the manufacturer’s warranty, helping our customers get more value from the things they buy. We also provide premium tech support for virtually any smart home appliance or electronic device. If something does go wrong, our highly-rated customer service teams and certified service professionals are available via call, click or chat to help save the day.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

When repair is complete I will submit another form. Seems premature until range is repaired and I am satisfied. So far so good. Hope to not need to use this insurance again on such a new appliance. Seems the more technology involved with the appliance, more to go wrong with operation. Classic case!?

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Understandable! We appreciate you keeping us posted.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I bought a tent awning and the extended warranty, living in Arizona we get monsoons and a couple of weeks ago one hit with a vengeance lighting stuck my 6 foot block wall removing 5 cinder blocks leaving a nice hole. The wind and rain and lightning destroyed my canopy bending the frame and ripping the canvas. Harbor Freight and the extended Warranty saved my day.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are glad that we had you covered!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This is a very easy site to use. The appointment process is very easy to book to your own schedule. You can print your confirmation and never have to speak to anyone at anytime, which if you are like me, is a terrific bonus.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Thanks for sharing, Jeri!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

High End Refrigerator Repair. I needed to start the claim to get an appointment scheduled. I did not wait on the phone with an artificial agent. I scheduled everything online. Sending a text message to initiate contact with an agent was also an option.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Ice Maker door broke. The description of the problem was easy and we were given a repair time quickly and were very happy. We are very satisfied with such great service. We will surely recommend Assurant Service Protection Advantage to our friends. Thank you again for sending out someone tomorrow and we look forward to seeing them.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are always glad to be of service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I used my 5 year extended warranty a couple of times. This last time though I was told the part I needed was no longer made by Samsung so my warranty was canceled since they couldn't repair it. I was to get a refund. I have an email that states I will get a check from them. It had my old address on it so I called to give them my new address. (The address the service people came to.) From that phone call on I was transferred, hung up on, and referred from/to Assurant, Lowe's and Samsung. Refrigerator was never repaired, warranty never honored and no check ever sent. It was very disappointing. I would have to get a significant discount from Samsung or Lowe's to ever purchase from them again. I will never buy an extended warranty from them again.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Our apologies for this situation. We would be glad to have our escalation team look into this so that we can get it resolved. Please send a private message with your phone number so we can contact you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

So here we are 14 days after The technician was here lying to my face in my kitchen that my GE Cafe oven would be repaired by the weekend. It needs a new main board. A 120$ part that is available ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET in 2 days time. Not these guys. All this after being told it takes 7-10 days to complete the repair normally. As I type this I am still on hold waiting for a manager. I can't rate their service as I have received ZERO. If you are in NJ and they assign CENTRAL APPLIANCE SERVICE run the other way. On Second thought, run from ASSURANT. So far this "warranty" is a scam as I have not seen a repair or received any service whatsoever be it customer service or a service person who is competent and not a bold face liar. DO NOT BUY AN ASSURANT SERVICE PLAN.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We understand that you are frustrated with the delay with getting your appliance repaired. We would be glad to have our escalation team look into this issue. Please send a private message with your incident number so that we can take a look.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Assurant has "most assuredly" exceeded my expectations with their self-service repair website. It was fast and easy to use! The calendar with the time options was also easily navigated. I think my tech-challenged older parents could actually use this site..

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Thank you for the feedback, Lisa! We strive to make the site as user friendly as we can.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I called to get my Whirlpool dryer fixed through Assurant. They sent a technician out, he took the dryer apart and told me the vent hose had not been properly cleaned. Then he tells me that he doesn't have the part which I'm sure he was lying to me, then he tells me I will get an e-mail from his company or a phone call telling me when he was bringing the part back and fix the dryer. I waited a few hours and didn't hear anything, so I called and the representative tells me they are denying my claim because I didn't properly maintain my dryer vent. So I said, "If I were an 80 year old person that purchases an extended warranty because I couldn't move the dryer out you would not honor the warranty because I did not properly clean the vent." This company is bad, bad, bad, anybody that reads this please do not use them!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We would be glad to have our escalation team review this issue. Please send a private message with your incident number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

On Monday, October 14, 2019 my air conditioner compressor stopped running and I made an online repair request. Between then and the time Assurant's service provider called, it started running again. The provider asked me to cancel the request, as there was apparently nothing to repair, so I did as they asked. The next day the AC was again not cooling and there was thick ice on the refrigerant lines at the compressor so I called to reschedule a service call. Later that day a technician called to say he couldn't come because Assurant had fired his company, their only AC contractor in Central Florida. I called Assurant and learned that they had done so without lining up a replacement, leaving their customers with no service. They said it would take 2-3 days to find a replacement, and that they would do nothing to repair my AC in the meantime despite temperatures in the Orlando, FL area being around 90 degrees.

On Friday, October 18 they finally sent a service provider to inspect my system. He found a leak in the refrigerant line where it enters the compressor, and said the location of the leak prevented its repair and that the compressor must be replaced. Later that day the provider called to say that Assurant had not approved the repair and was reviewing it. When I called Assurant, they said it would take 2-3 business days before they had a decision, leaving our home without air conditioning through the sweltering and humid weekend. That same day I checked my system's warranty status and learned that the compressor is still under the manufacturer‘s warranty. I called the service provider, who confirmed this and provided Assurant with a reduced repair estimate based on this new information.

On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 Assurant sent me an email claiming their service provider had determined that my system was unrepairable and asking me to accept $1,000 as the depreciated value of my system in lieu of a repair. I replied that their provider told me my system is repairable, that I have an independent quote for the repair that is higher $1,000 and that I do not accept their offer. As of this time I have had no response and my system is still not functional. I’ve now been without air conditioning for ten days. I've contacted an air conditioning service provider and scheduled a repair for Thursday, October 24 and have contacted an attorney to take legal action against Assurant for breach of contract.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Ronald, we have reached out privately to see how we can help. Being without air conditioning in Florida isn't easy!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information