It's that easy Request Information
3.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

272 Assurant Service Protection Advantage Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

Our washer basket needed to be replaced and we were told that one was on order. After a series of phone calls Assurant decided to cancel the part and pay the depreciated value...221.00 which is less than 1/3 the cost of similar replacement. I explained that I just wanted the basket to be replaced and was told that the 'expediter' decided not to fix the machine. Not sure which was worse, the low depreciated payment or the totally snotty response from 2 representatives. What was the point of having this insurance for 10 years? When we needed them, they let us down hard. Buyers should think twice before dealing with this company.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this inconvenience. If you feel your claim was decided in error, we would be glad to have our escalation team review. Just send a private message with your claim number and we can take a look.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2019

Samsung 4 door flex ice maker is not working and is currently a block of ice. Original incident was started on 6-11-2019 with local service provider. Service provider came to house, ordered parts and was scheduled to install. The day before they were to come out we received a call from local service provider stating they were no longer authorized to service the Samsung ice maker and we should expect a call from the Dish Network to schedule service within 24-48 hrs. The 6-11 incident was closed and a new incident opened on July 10th.

As of July 15th we have not received a call from the Dish Network. I called the Dish network number provided on the Assurant website and a recording answered stating that they do not service this area and it hung up. I called Assurant and they also tried to call the Dish Network with the same result. Assurant is stating that until they receive a report from the Dish Network there is nothing they can do and the Dish Network is the ONLY option. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold. She came back stating a supervisor was ready to take my call and I waited again on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up. I have been without an ice maker and a huge block of ice in my freezer for 6 weeks and as of today no one is scheduled to come out and repair AND there is no one for me to call. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We would be glad to take a look at this and work on a resolution. Please send a private message with your incident number so that we can have a representative contact you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2019

Our Samsung refrigerator started leaking water. We called Assurant but no one showed up for 4 days. Meanwhile, our wooden floor got damaged. Assurant sent someone (One Stop Repair company - 303-968-8141) but the technician could not fix it. Two more technicians came by. No one could fix it. Now, after 7 weeks, Assurant claims that the refrigerator has a preexisting condition. It is a brand new appliance purchased from an authorized dealer and delivered professionally.

We called Claims Dept. 17 times and no luck. We could not get a live person from the Claims Dept to talk to. All we can talk to is a 'Call center' and they never ever can help. They always gave the same scripted answers - "we will call you back;" or "someone will contact you," etc. Now we have a broken refrigerator and damaged floor and Assurant is making money and ignoring our calls. Now they say the ticket is closed. Horrible experience... Do not waste your money on these unprofessional crooks. We are exhausted working with them. It is a very painful frustrating experience... NEVER NEVER recommend this company. DO not trust their sale pitch.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this situation and understanding your frustration with how this has gone so far. We would like to review. Please send a private message with your incident number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly to assist.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

I have been paying for this coverage for over 15 years, $3000.00. Water Heater has failed, They told me to find a plumber and fix if possible. I had to replace it. Over $900.000. They say they are sending me a check for $71.30. Either they have me mixed up with someone else or ? you cannot get a live person on the phone. Only a call taker in Manila!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We would be glad to take a look at this for you, Thomas. Could you please send a private message with your incident number so that we can have a representative review?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

In July of 2017 my LG French door refrigerator Model # LFX 319-45ST/02 was not cooling properly. At the time, my 4 year old refrigerator was out of warranty so I had to purchase a 1 Year extended service plan from Assurant. After several phone calls with Assurant, it took nearly a month to have LG's authorized service provider come to my home to finally repair the problem, partly due to a compressor part that was on back order for almost 3 weeks! The repairman that came to my house, did damage to my kitchen while repairing my fridge. Even though I was told by Assurant after the incident to document the damage with a written description and photos, I never heard back from Assurant. To be honest, I was just happy that my refrigerator was repaired. Try to go without a fridge with a family of 4 in the middle of the summer for over a month! Not fun, super inconvenient and EXPENSIVE!

Fast forward eight months to May, 2018. Again, my refrigerator was not cooling properly, similar to the previous incident. Once again I called Assurant since my product was still covered under "warranty." The same repairmen who did the previous repair were sent again -- even though they damaged my home! After 2 visits, the serviceman stated he couldn't the problem and expressed his frustration with doing business with Assurant. I called Assurant and they then assigned another authorized LG service provider to look at my refrigerator. After several repair attempts by company #2, they told me there was he was calling LG to state that my fridge should be "condemned" because he could not effectively repair it.

Prior to both repair companies being sent to my home, I was told by Assurant that if the 'authorized LG service providers' could not repair my product, they would compensate me based on comparable refrigerator prices. After the second service provider deemed my refrigerator "condemned," I called Assurant, expecting to get "compensated," only to be told that the previous authorized LG service provider was not really "authorized!" The Assurant rep went on to tell me to look into finding my "own" service provider for the repairs and I would get reimbursed for the repairs!!! Are you kidding me? At this point, the repair had not been fixed and it was over 90 days!!!! In the meantime, I had to buy an extra fridge! Who can live without a fridge for 90 plus days? This is absolutely ridiculous! Do the right thing and please rectify this situation, or I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Agency!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with our service. We would be glad to look into this. Please send a private message with your incident number. We will have a representative review and contact you directly about this situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

My 2 yr old GE washer literally exploded during use over one month ago. Assurant sent out a service tech in about a week. The tech took pictures and said that the machine was faulty and cannot be repaired properly and should be replaced by Assurant. He said he would send the photos to Assurant as proof along with his report. After numerous calls to Assurant to resolve the situation, they finally said that they have no record of report or photos. The people answering the phones are only call takers. There is no way to reach a Manager for assistance. Very frustrating and stressful situation. I don’t know if I will ever hear from anyone. Not counting on it. Terrible company and I paid for a 5 yr. extended plan.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this inconvenience and would be glad to look into this to get it resolved. Please send a private message with your incident number and best contact number so that we can have a representative look into this and contact you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

We initiated a claim last week on our dishwasher, which was purchased in 10/2015. The technician came out quickly, and submitted a parts list for approval. Five days later, I checked for an update and it simply says the claims is "CLOSED". Customer service calls are routed to an offshore telephone service, and it's extremely difficult to communicate with them.

I finally received an explanation today, which was that the total for the repairs would be $238.52, and that the claim was closed because they consider the charges to be "uneconomical for a 13-year-old dishwasher". I reminded them that my dishwasher is less than 4 years old, and the operator told me they may have made a mistake but that in order to proceed I would need to dispute it on my end. Very frustrating that they can't work internally to have the claim reopened, since they clearly were using incorrect information about my appliance (the correct information about my 2015 dishwasher is clearly noted on their own website).

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Kim, we apologize; that doesn't sound like the smoothest experience. If you still need assistance moving the process along, please reach out to us privately with your incident and phone number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 20, 2019

We are currently waiting on our 5th repair visit in less than a month to fix our 2016 GE refrigerator. The freezer is not working. We have had to throw out all our food twice and offered no compensation. Every time the technician comes out he replaces a part and says it’s fixed. Our freezer is currently registering at 62 degrees and all the ice melted and damaged our finished basement. We just want a new refrigerator! We have had to take 5 days off from work and the progress is unsatisfactory.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Kelly, we would like to look into this issue and see how we can get it resolved promptly for you. Please send a private message with your full name, incident number, policy number and best contact number. We will have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: June 17, 2019

My GE washer stopped spinning April 17/19. It is now June 17 19 and my washer is still not working. It is actually in pieces in my laundry room. Tech has come 3x so far to diagnose, order parts, order more parts, was given the wrong part. We have submitted a complaint about the process. 4 days off work, spending approx $50 a week at laundromat. At this point I could’ve paid someone to fix it myself or purchased a new machine (Even though this one is a year old). Last night at 830pm on Sunday June 16th a service rep left a message that the repairs take as long as they take and there is nothing we can do about it. Also as long as they make parts to fit this machine they have no intentions on replacing it. I’m sure they have spent more than the purchase price in parts and service calls at this point. Waste of money, nightmare experience.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Shawn, we apologize for this experience and we understand your frustration. Please share your full name, incident number and best contact number via private message so that we can look into this and contact you directly.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We have a GE monogram refrigerator and an extended warranty through Assurant. The fridge is not cooling and the freezer fluctuates. For 6 weeks now we have not had refrigeration. They have been out here at least 4 times. The first few times the guy would just press a button and leave. Once he told us to defrost and leave it off for 2 days. We did that. Each time we knew that was not the answer. Each time he would explain that this was what Assurant required. He admitted he had no idea what the problem was and wanted to replace a bunch of parts. Assurant would only authorize replacement of one part at a time. So he replaced one yesterday, left, and of course it's not working. It's at least a week between visits. Does the warranty really contemplate two months without a fridge? Pretty sure they are hoping we give up and just go get a new fridge. At this point I am willing to say they are engaging in fraud.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Kathy, we understand your frustration at the situation; especially being without a working refrigerator during the summer. Please reach out to us privately with your full name, incident, and phone number. We'll look into it and see how we can help.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a LG refrigerator which was not cooling enough. So I called Assurant and they said a technician would come to fix it, and the technician was supposed to show up 12-4 pm, but never showed up. When I called Assurant they said, the fridge should be repaired by LG Service technicians this time. The LG technician came after 5 days and when working on the fridge, he said he does not have the required parts and it might take 2-3 weeks for the part to ship and get it installed. I have a 2 year old at home who needs his food, milk and fruits daily. This is costing us a lot for a family of 3 with 2 guests as well at home for the next month.

It is completely unacceptable that Nebraska, a well reputed company has its warranty contracts through Assurant Protection which takes months for a fridge repair. This is very disappointing that they cant handle the claims sooner for a refrigerator, considering that it is one of the most important appliance in any home, let alone a home with a toddler.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Renu, we completely understand your frustration. It's difficult to be without a refrigerator with children. We can check to see if there is an update on the parts. Please share your full name, incident, and phone number via private message to get started.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Assurant has bad service providers, who are never responding to call and not taking care. It is been 2.5 weeks. No one is showing up to fix or even communicate. They scheduled appointment. Not even showed up and also didn't even called to tell they can't make it. Total waste of money, Nebraska Furniture mart why it is selling this kind to consumers. I think they should think about it. My dryer is not working, still don't know how long it going to take. And so much work and expensive to get laundry from outside. This machine is broken second time now. Don't know how many times it is going break. They said they can't even replace, until it is repairable they need to repair, each repair takes months to get it done. Please be aware if you are taking something like this. Be prepared to handle all this.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Raj, we apologize for the frustration this has caused you. Please share your full name, incident, and phone number via private message. We would like to look further into your experience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

In December I filed a claim to fix my washer, well after 4 weeks of runaround from Assurant and their signed service provider my washer was finally fixed. That was 1/31/19. On May 20, 2019 my washer broke again, I called Assurant and of course the same fly by night guy came out yesterday on 5/22. He left his car running, came in, pushed the power button on my washer and said "it is the same part as last time." He had no tools and no desire to be here. I said "how do you know that" and his response was, "Oh I bought the part off eBay. Last time I figured it would only last 3 months, well it's been 3 months". Are you kidding me? I pay $400 a year for this coverage and that's his response.

He also said "don't worry they'll send you a few hundred dollars and just replace your washer". NOOOO!!! I don't want a new washer. I paid $1200 for this one and it's only 9 years old, the one I had before this lasted 25 years. As soon as this washer is fixed I'm getting a new appliance warranty service. I'm done with these fly by nights that Assurant sends out to our homes for repairs.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Lori, we apologize; that doesn't sound like the type of service we strive to provide our customers. If you'd like, share your full name, incident, and phone number via private message. We will investigate your experience with the servicer.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Assurant is a total joke, my device was stolen and I filed a claim and paid the $149 to replace. I received within 2 days, however it starting acting weird and turning off by itself even when the battery was at 100% I called them as even now from the side is bulging up and they said that I would have to submit a new claim that that is physical damage. I took my phone to Apple and even they said that it’s the battery. I called them again and ask to speak to a supervisor and she (Laquayla was her name) acknowledged that they did sent me a refurbished phone but that I still needed to file a new claim. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she had no supervisor that if If I was unsatisfied to go ahead and send a letter to Assurant’s corporate office!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Patricia - we would be happy to review your experience and see if there is an opportunity to help. For assistance, please private message your claim and contact number.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We have experienced the absolute worst customer service possible in dealing with our Assurant insurance claims related to our Electrolux washer. We are now at nine service visits in the last four years for our washing machine. The issues keep coming and there is no end in sight. Assurant refuses to discuss the replacement of the machine unless a technician deems it unrepairable. We spent almost $2000 and were told when we purchased it from Nebraska Furniture Mart that It was a very reliable and well-made washer and we’ve had nothing but issues. Most recently on the ninth visit for an error code, a technician called Assurant to notify them that the unit was unrepairable. Customer service at Assurant told him they would contact him by Friday of this past week to provide resolution. That did not happen and now we are close to two weeks without a washing machine.

Almost all of the 9 service calls have left us without a washing machine for at least a week before they can schedule a technician, or get a part in stock. I observed the technician running his diagnostics on the machine prior to making the call. I sat beside the technician while he made the phone call on Wednesday telling Assurant it was not repairable and here we are past Friday and I’m stuck with a broken machine, still. Rather than agreeing with the technician, Assurant is still looking for ways to not take care of me as the customer. Assurant said they would talk to a specialist and have a resolution by Friday (yesterday). We have yet to be contacted with any information or a resolution.

This is a joke. The entire drum assembly had to be replaced in the washer at about 2 years. This was done by Assurant but makes us even more skeptical of the quality of this machine. I will never buy another appliance from Nebraska Furniture Mart and do not recommend anyone purchase a warranty through Assurant. You will be stuck with a machine that is broken or will continue to have issues.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Colette, we apologize for the delay and lack of follow up. We would like to help! Could you private message your full name, incident, and phone number?

Original review: May 11, 2019

Lost my Apple Watch series 4 on April 15, and called Assurant to file a claim. Gave them all the information they asked for, and they said they have no available watches. Today is May 11th. Still have not heard from them so I decide to call them. Still they have no watch available. The only thing they offer is for ME to purchase the watch and they will reimburse me, REALLY? That's what ASSURANT offers? What kind of insurance is this? T-Mobile definitely has to change company or else they will be having A LOT of unhappy customers like me. Oh but Assurant does not go one month without charging the insurance fee, and when you need them, all they say is "sorry for the inconvenience" like that really helps. And they say they been in business for decades? For what? They sure aren't helping T-Mobile customers. Very unhappy with their service.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Claudia, we apologize for the delay; we understand why you would be frustrated. So we can check for any other options, other than reimbursement, please private message your full name, claim, and contact number.

Original review: May 10, 2019

LG Fridge is only 3 years old. After the Service Company being a 2nd NO SHOW now, I am now waiting for the 8th trip by them to try and repair our refrigerator. Assurant's first choice Service Company is HORRIBLE in technical knowledge and Customer Service. I've been hung up on 3 times by A&E and they've been a NO SHOW twice now. I've tried to get Assurant to send out a different service provider or send a new fridge, but their response is that have to use the original provider. No desire from Assurant or A&E to take care of their customers. DO NOT purchase any warranty contracts from Assurant, since they won't provide any Service. I will also be speaking to Nebraska Furniture Mart about their choice of Warranty companies.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Mike, we can understand your frustration after dealing with 8 visits to repair your refrigerator. We'll reach out privately to see how we can help.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have tried for five weeks to have my refrigerator repaired. I call Assurant and spend more time on hold than talking to a representative. They now say there is no service provider in my area told me to find someone myself. I found A&E who is an authorized service provider for Assurant. After two service calls by A&E, Assurant will not send an order to A&E so they can order the compressor. Today they told me once again to find my own repair man. Something has to be done about this company. Nebraska Furniture Mart is also responsible for this because they sent me the notice that I needed to purchase the extended warranty from them. After doing this two years in a row, I find out that it is Assurant, not NFM . I have been without a refrigerator for five weeks and am going to bring a law suit against Assurant and Nebraska Furniture Mart! After reading all the bad reviews, I hope many others will also do this.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Judy, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. Please reach out to us privately so we can help.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased a GE French door refrigerator. It stopped working in March. Original warranty had run out so we have to deal with the extended warranty. They have been out four times. They have changed compressor dryer units etc. Each time they come out we have to move the island that has a hard wire microwave built in it on brand new floors. It's extremely difficult. Tech came out yesterday because the refrigerator freezer still does not work after the new compressor. He called service Protection Agency and told them he did not think this refrigerator is fixable. They insisted he order yet another part to try. This is beyond ridiculous.

I have been dealing with managers that say I cannot go any higher up that when I call in I will be directed straight back to them and this is true because I have tried. At this point I am willing to spend what it takes for legal help even though it will exceed the refrigerator cost. Should not be allowed to treat customers in this fashion. I will never purchase a protection warranty again from this company. I am also forwarding this to the Better Business Bureau.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Debra, we are sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time having your refrigerator repaired. Could you private message your full name, incident, and phone number? We would like to take a look.

Original review: May 9, 2019

On April 8th, I had a service technician from A&E Service to repair an issue on my GE Profile Refrigerator in which I believe the drain plug was not draining properly as water was pooling at the bottom of the refrigerator and leaking on the kitchen floor. The service technician arrived and I explained the situation and he promptly told me the immediate fix was to defrost the refrigerator. This will clear the drain plug issue even though I had already performed that task earlier and explained that just a few minutes ago.

Then the technician from A&E promptly told me that my issue was not covered under my service contract and he would have to charge me for further diagnostic tests, labor and parts. I promptly escorted him out the door as I called GE Factory Maintenance and paid $334.00 for the service call and them to fix the issue which was part related (i.e. drain plug, drip pan, and labor). I would advise any customer to make sure you have the following:

1 - Make sure you have a copy of your full service contract along with the Terms and Conditions of what they will and will not cover.

2 - Make sure you contact Assurant regarding the technician and do not use ANY technician from A&E Service as I personally believe that THEY INSTRUCT THEIR TECHNICIANS TO CHARGE FOR LABOR AND PARTS THAT ARE TECHNICALLY COVERED UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT. I believe A&E can get away with this is that Assurant will take a complaint from you but does not escalate it and you will not hear any further action from them unless they decide to call you for it.

3. I called Assurant on May 8 as I got the official diagnosis from an authorized GE repair person and I had to go through (3) people - Maria, Julie and Runel at Assurant for a 45 minutes call/wait time. All, that Runel (Assurant supervisor) did was apologize for the issue and did not even take the time to obtain the complete story from me as he did give me an incident number of ** in which I do not know if it will be escalated or not.

4. Personally, I will not be renewing any service contract with Assurant as I believe that the subcontractors that they use (especially A&E Service from Houston, TX) may have service technicians who do as little as possible under the service contract in order to obtain billable services. The only response from Assurant is that they will note the issue and pass it to another team for it to be not handled from my perspective.

5. I’m sure an Assurant representative will read this post and post a comment that I should call Assurant to get more specifics to convince others on the post that they handle the issue but do not believe them. I personally believe Assurant may be aware of some of their subcontractors are performing this to customers but if it is a small percentage of the overall revenue total then they SWEEP it under the rug.

6. However, I plan to escalate this issue to all news outlets in Houston, TX. (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) to their consumer divisions so that customers who hold these types of service contracts are aware and how they can protect themselves.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Edward, we hate to hear we have lost your business due to your recent interactions. We reached out via private message and requested the information necessary to investigate.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We purchased a side by side Samsung refrigerator in 2016 from Nebraska Furniture Mart. We decided to purchase the extended warranty.. Guaranteed to cover the unit. On February 22nd, 2019 our refrigerator quit working so we made a claim with Assurant. They sent out a company that replaced 7 parts... Still not working. Then they sent out A&E Factory service who has replaced the compressor and several other parts. Here it is May 3rd, 2019 and the refrigerator is still not working. The only thing Assurant will do is order another technician to come out and see if they can fix it.

So we have to wait another 2 weeks to see if that repair will work. Nebraska Furniture Mart or Samsung will not help us since we are working with Assurant. The refrigerator falls under the lemon law since the same part has been repaired 3 times but no one will help us. Don’t ever waste your money on a warranty from Assurant. This has been a nightmare. We have been living out of a cooler for over 2 months and Assurant will not replace the refrigerator.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Please send a private message with your full name, incident number and best contact number so that we can look into this.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Assurant is a SCAM. We've been waiting for a $ 1,230.86 from last 5 months. We call CS in Philippines and they keep saying check has been sent which we never receive. Then they say they will cancel the old check and issue a new one. Which again will be send via USPS. We offered that we will pay for a certified mail or UPS or FedEx. They won't do it because they don't want to pay. Wanted to talk with someone in USA but every time got transferred to Philippines. Claim # ** is still unresolved and now when I started doing research on this SCAM company Assurant AKA Federal Warranty Services AKA Service Protection Advantage the reviews explains why we are having difficulty getting our check. DO NOT BUY EXTENDED INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We are reviewing the information we received from you via Twitter. Someone will be following up shortly, if they haven't already.

Original review: April 30, 2019

SCAM Artists. 100 excuses not to pay. We purchased the home warranty on our appliances, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc. After having our Samsung refrigerator repaired approximately two times on the purchased warranty from Assurant, due to the fan breaking for the icemaker, it recently broke again and our warranty is still valid. They now told us that the information they have for our serial number on the refrigerator does not match their records. They are stonewalling us, passing us off to other people 5 to 6 times in the course of our call and making us wait up to 20 minutes on the phone.

This is a new excuse and one that we cannot prove unless we subpoenaed their records through an attorney. The proof that we have the same refrigerator under the same warranty is our word against theirs. We have not changed a thing and we continue to expect coverage for the insurance we paid for on this refrigerator. Never, ever buy a Samsung refrigerator. Never. Ever. **.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Sandi, we would like to investigate to see how we can help identify the gap and get you the help you need. Please send a private message with your full name, contract, incident, and phone number.

Original review: April 26, 2019

HVAC was down, had the service man out specified by Assurant. Said it needed a part, waited 1-1/2 weeks. No heat, and when he came to install it, said another problem is there. Said it was irrepairable as the leak would keep forming and had no A/C as the Freon was gone. They recommended I replace the system. Now I did, and submitted my paid invoice to Assurant with Incident #, etc. that tech. people walked me through. Emailed them multiple times no response, spoke on chat and they said it takes 10 days. Again no response. I called and spoke to them and they said it wouldn't be covered without their approval. I assumed the tech. people informed them of this problem because they told me how to submit the claim and particulars they discussed with me. Person in Claims Dept. was rude and didn't want to discuss anything. Now what?

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Joanne, we understand your frustration and apologize for this experience. Could you send a private message with your incident number, full name and best contact number so that we can have a team look into this?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Today it is March 28th and my fridge from NFM went bad in 2nd week of Feb. Three service visits with different attempts to fix. Assurant pocket my money and then tell me to call their service provider each time. The service provider has not fixed my fridge still. Food gone rotten thrice. Finally agreed to send the $200 check to cover for food loss. But what about my fridge which is still bad? When I call Franz and Josh on the phone and they escalate to the supervisor Andrea and then Anne, both of them flat out tell me they have not received a report from the technician who has documented the last visit date as March 25th when he actually come in March 22nd. Say they are obliged to wait 5-7 business days for a technician report!

My food going bad all this time. The agents never apologize and tell me the supervisor will do nothing different. But when I forced to be escalated, supervisor in each case tried to call Mr. Appliance repair who then say they will file the report. The most recent instance the report came back and then Assurant sends it back to the provider saying it is missing information. Why should customer suffer 40 days for the inefficiencies of Assurant primarily and Mr. Appliance the service provider, secondarily? They do not feel I deserve a resolution, just platitudes saying they understand my frustration.

Each time, I have not had the courtesy of getting a call back about the status. Every time I had to call, talk to an agent ho gives me no help other than parrot out the status from a written transcript. Then tells me I cannot talk to a supervisor until I tell him how I treat my own customers in my business. Then he makes me wait 10 minutes to connect me to a supervisor who says she will 'ask' the service provider as to when they will provide a report. When I point out that it is the 48th day of issue and you shouldn't be 'asking when' but demanding an immediate report, then she calls the company and tells them to do that. She says she will call me back tomorrow, let us see if she is any better than Andrea who said she will call me and did not have the courtesy to call back after promising to.

All in all, a company with very few principles-pocket the insurance money and parrot out platitudes, do not hold their service providers the least bit accountable, do not themselves feel accountable to their customer. And do not believe they have any power to change anything and feel that is ok to be that way in a professional business. They reflect poorly on themselves, on Nebraska Furniture mart who provide insurance through Assurant. Never buying an NFM product again because of Assurant. How can NFM use Assurant, beats me. I am taking this up with NFM as well.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Anand, we understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message with your full name, incident number and best contact number so that we can look into this.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have a service contract on my refrigerator built-in Monogram since 5/4/2009. On 2/26/2019, I submitted a claim to Assurant as my fridge stopped making ice, on the fridge side all my foods are frozen and the temperature control knob was unable to turn. On 2/28/2019, GE Service man dispatched at my house advised me that the broken part was no longer made so it's not repairable and told me to call my insurance company. I called Assurant the same afternoon to report the non-repairable part. The agent handled the call told me that they need to wait for the technician to submit his report. I called back the next day on 3/1/2019. The agent put me on hold to call GE Service and was told that the part was not repairable. The agent advised me that it would take 3 days until Wednesday 3/6/2019 for the claim office to make their decision.

I called to follow up on 3/8/2019, the agent told me that my case was close and the technician already fixed it. It was not true as he did not do anything. It's still broken. I requested to talk to her supervisor. She dropped my call. I called back and they dropped my call again. I had to call 3rd time and waited for a long time. A supervisor named Eric finally talked to me. He was very rude. He said that if the fridge is not repairable, how come I did not call on the same day of repair (2/28/2019). I assure him that I did call to report that on the same day 2/28/2019 and followed up on 3/1/2019. He insisted that I did not call. After reading through their notes, he acknowledged that I called. Why was he so rude to accuse me unprofessionally? I called on 3/11/2019, again no update.

On 3/12/2019, I received an email update from Assurant to deny my claim as follows "We are sorry to inform you that based on our service provider’s inspection we have determined that the reported loss/damage to your product is the result of rust. This type of loss/damage is not covered, as listed in the terms and conditions of your service plan." The similar situation happened on 4/4/2016, incident# **. Another one happened on 10/1/16, incident# ** Another one happened on 1/17/17, incident# **. The service man could not fix it and made it worse. So, I had my home warranty 2-10 fixed it until it broke again on 2/26/2019. STAY AWAY FROM ASSURANT to avoid this situation.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Hello Thu, we are glad that we were able to get this issue resolved for you via separate channel. Please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We have had our Samsung Dryer repaired now a total of 7 times. The service man says it can no longer be fixed (it is irreparable. We have a family of 4 and both our kids are in 2 different sports so we do A LOT of laundry. We have had to miss work on every one of these "repair" times. The window is a 4- 5 hour window they give you that it will be there.

We have missed hours of work, had to go to the laundry mat, spent money on the laundromat and our TIME that has been wasted with the calls and no resolve. When we call they do NOT care and just continue to read a script repeating themselves. They refuse to allow you to talk to a supervisor stating "sorry there is not one at this time". The call is a call center in the Philippines. The amount of stress, money and absolute inconvenience it has caused is absolutely terrible. They do not care and the dryer should have been replaced a long time ago. We need the madness to STOP and SOMEONE to be held accountable for the warranty we PAID for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Since Nov 2018 we had 4 different providers that came in to fix our dishwasher. They sent people not knowing what to do. They didn't fix anything. Also one time they sent someone that didn't know how to work on Viking brand. We waited 3 months to finally have an answer and said that our repair was an accidental damage and they will not cover any repair. A brand new dishwasher that needed a new door, coming up with excuses so they don't have to pay for it. HORRIBLE SERVICE... They charged us 100$ monthly... For nothing!!! Huge scam!!! DON'T BUY IT... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME... WORST COMPANY EVER.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My GE dishwasher stopped working after 18 months. I contacted GE and they recommended I call Assurant. I paid for the extended warranty and they set up the first service appointment which never happened. I had to call them over and over to try to resolve the issue. They kept saying they were looking for a GE repairman in my area. Finally after two months, someone came and said they needed to order a part. Two weeks later I called the repairman to see if the part had come and was told it was no longer available and Assurant had canceled my service. They didn't notify me so I called them again. They said yes they had canceled my contract and my money was refunded to my credit card (which it was). I again called GE and they sent a GE Factory service repairman who had the needed part on his van and fixed the dishwasher within an hour! This was three months later. I would not recommend Assurant.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This is the business model: If you need to file a claim, you can call the automated service or go online. You can select the next available service. You get an incident number. This is the best part. When no one shows up at scheduled time, you can call the local service repair place. They will then take all your info and set up a date for repair... What was the purpose of the online scheduling??? Don’t waste your time calling customer service. Other than scheduling, they are useless. If you ask to speak with a manager, you are put on hold until you decide to hang up.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information