3.3/5 (82 ratings)

About Assurant Service Protection Advantage

Assurant is an appliance protection program with low deductibles and a short waiting period. Assurant’s plans cover a variety of home appliances, and you can create coverage based on your products and the types of damage you want covered.

Pros

• Transferable coverage
  • Monthly payment options
  • Short waiting period
  • Low deductibles

Cons

• Varying costs
  • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Assurant offers a transferable appliance protection program with low deductibles and short waiting periods. Although Assurant’s costs vary greatly, its payment plans can help make coverage more affordable.

Top Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Verified

Your service was right on. The time frame was quick and easy. The warranty procedure was not complicated. The phone service was spot on! Very pleasant person to understand and tal...

Verified

Highly recommended, Would recommend to a friend. Website was very user friendly. Looking forward to visit again sooner than later. Wish I could give ten stars instead of 5 stars. ...

What is Assurant service protection?

Assurant’s service protection is an appliance warranty program you can purchase for appliances when buying a home. It extends the life of a manufacturer’s warranty, covering functional parts and labor after the warranty expires.

With Assurant service protection, 100% of functional parts and labor are covered if you submit a claim. This does not cover problems due to random acts of nature, cosmetic damages or issues caused by power outages. All services are completed by reputable technicians, and plans can be transferred to a new owner if you move before your protection is up.

How does Assurant service protection work?

With Assurant service protection, homeowners create a plan centered on which appliances they want covered — typical selections include stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines and TVs. You can choose to cover up to nine appliances with one plan, though your products must be no more than 15 years old.

After choosing your plan, you can sign up for coverage that's effective within 48 hours if the product is under manufacturer's warranty or 30 days if it isn't. Then, in the case of an appliance malfunction, you file a claim and wait to receive care from Assurant’s network of authorized specialists.

Assurant service protection costs

The price of an Assurant service protection plan varies based on a few factors, including where you’re located, the product type and brand and when your appliances were installed. For example, a three-year plan for a side-by-side GE refrigerator installed in July 2020 in Kansas City costs $402.33, while a Frigidaire dishwasher installed at the same time in the same city runs $218.85 for a three-year plan.

You can save on the overall cost by purchasing more years of coverage. Assurant also offers the option to pay in four installments. Its plans include a $50 deductible.

Assurant service protection FAQ

Is there a waiting period for Assurant service protection?
If your product is still under warranty, your appliances can be covered in under 48 hours. If your product is no longer covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty or your service contract has expired, your new plan will start 30 days after purchase.
What systems does Assurant cover?
Assurant covers all functional parts and labor costs if a protected item fails. Products available for coverage include refrigerators, small kitchen appliances, microwaves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, freezers, ovens, ranges and cooktops less than 15 years old and TVs less than 10 years old.
Is Assurant service protection available everywhere?
According to the website, Assurant has a vast network of technicians, so service should be offered widely. If no technicians are available in your area, you can ask for a refund.

Is Assurant service protection worth it?

Assurant is a well-known name in the insurance industry, and its service protection program could help you save money on repairs. With multiple coverage options, plus protection for up to nine appliances, it’s simple to tailor a plan to each homeowner. While upfront pricing isn’t available on its site, its quote tool lets customers calculate expected costs in their area. And, with little to no waiting period for coverage for most products, Assurant offers faster protection than many other options.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I purchased an add on warranty for my Bean Bag Chair and I am really glad I did. Less than a year after purchasing my Bean Bag Chair, I unzipped it as it needed more shredded foam added to the inside, the zipper broke and I couldn't close it back up, thus the shredded foam went everywhere… I spoke to a representative at Assurant about this, the whole process took less than 10 minutes. In about two hours, I had an Amazon gift card in my email for the full purchase price of the Bean Bag Chair! SO happy that I purchased the add on warranty!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy we were able to help. Thank you for the review!

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Dryer won't turn on. I tried the usual things, checked the circuit breaker and the plug. I also found a suggestion on youtube.com. They suggested to see if the large Temperature control was cracked, it's made of plastic. It was not cracked. It was suggested that I might need a new temperature control panel.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about your dryer issues. Please see our private message with additional information.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I purchased a sewer camera (first time) when my RIDGID unit broke, while waiting for repair I purchased a weak inexpensive knockoff (kinda) online and opted for the $50 3yr warranty. ! Year later the unit failed. I contacted Assurant, answered a dozen questions and was emailed a return credit in the amount of the unit I purchased, It took all of 5 minutes- turned around and bought the same unit (different name this time..) and another warranty. Again, 1yr later, unit failed... Return process the same, 5 minutes, return credit in hand (the return credit was credit from the store I purchased from..) This was a week ago.... Went to purchase a third unit and unfortunately had no option to purchase the warranty a third time.... But it was great while it lasted.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy to hear you had a hassle-free experience!

Original review: June 25, 2022

Refrigerator is set at 41 degrees but ice forms on water in refrigerator at times. I set at 42 degrees today and it went up to 50 degrees. Then Turbo Cold setting took it down to 30 degrees. Have up to 20 insulin pens requiring refrigeration but cannot freeze. Extremely costly to replace. Prior visit by technician cannot determine why this occurs as nothing unusual registers on computer at time of checking.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We're sorry to hear about that, Larry. In the event you need to speak with a specialist, please respond to our private message.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

The web site works well but with longer than expected service response time. Food in the fridge is starting to smell rotten and the fridge is needed daily is especially needed working during a time of eating mostly at home.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Bradley. In the event you still need assistance, please check the private message we've sent.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Had a sofa that developed a tear and when I put in a warranty claim it was initially approved, then denied a day later before a service technician could even evaluate the damage. After reaching out to Assurant all I receive is generic messages "Based on the information provided, it appears the damage you reported is not a covered issue." with zero helpful information.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Our apologies for the issue you encountered. For help, please check the private message we've sent.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

A stone fell out of an earring and was lost. Assurant would not let me send earring for replace the one earring. All they gave me was a $10 gift card which doesn’t cover the cost of the earrings. I paid approximately $38 for them.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We sent you a private message asking for more details.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Filed a claim for a 1.5 year old washing machine that broke on 11/26/2022. It's now 1/12/2023 and I still have a broken washer. It's been escalated 4 times from a repair to a replace. Still no resolution. The local service provider explains that they will call when parts come in but I found out that one part is on backorder (as of 1/12/23). All I get is wait 2 days for the unreachable "higher department" to contact me.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

The repairman was courteous and respectful of our residence. He quickly found the problem and repaired it. He also provided advice about the dryer operations. Should I ever have problems with my dryer in the future, I’d like to have the same repairman.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Glad to hear you had an excellent experience!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

When I bought my RV, I was assured that the Assurant extended warranty would cover everything except tires and freeze damage. Over Thanksgiving weekend 2022, my RV's awning was out during light rain. The seam ripped that secured the awning to the motor. I took the RV in for repair and was told that Assurant denied the coverage due to it being cosmetic. The last time I checked the awning fabric was functional. I am spreading the word so others will not be ripped off by this company. When I was sold this extended warranty I was told it would even cover the paint/stickers on the RV if they faded. Misinformation is no good. It cost me over $100 for camping world to tell me Assurant was not going to cover the issue.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We sent you a private message with more details.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information