Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.54/5

From refrigerators to smart speakers, Assurant keeps millions of households up and running with service protection plans that save time and money. Our service contracts protect purchases with additional coverage that goes beyond the manufacturer’s warranty, helping our customers get more value from the things they buy. We also provide premium tech support for virtually any smart home appliance or electronic device. If something does go wrong, our highly-rated customer service teams and certified service professionals are available via call, click or chat to help save the day.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 21, 2020

My Bose headphones recently wouldn’t turn on, even when fully charged. It was a birthday gift 3 years ago, with the extended warranty. Contacted Assurant customer service and was helpt immediately by a friendly and competent person. Within two day received a gift card for the full price of the headphones, never expected! Great to have an insurance company helping you without making you jump hoops! Will use this insurance for sure for my next set of headphones!

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Diantha - thanks for sharing! Hope you found a new favorite pair of headphones.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2020

450w/900w parabolic heater. Refunded my heater cause it didn't work. Very easy transaction. Personnel was very helpful. Kind to my situation. Also helped me find another store that would have the same fan if I wanted to get another heater. I would very much recommend this warranty plan to all the people I know. No hassle. Plan awesome. Thank you very much for that. Irma **

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

2/28/2020. I struggled to communicate with the manufacturer of my product, LucidSound - LS40 Wireless Headset, after it suddenly stopped working in the middle of me using it. I was beyond their 1 year limited warranty (purchased11/02/2017). I hadn't dropped the headset or done anything unusual with it. The USB receiver just stopped registering to my PS4Pro and my laptop. I did all the troubleshooting steps offered on their website and contacted their support, who gave sparse responses over the course of a week before I recalled that I had purchased an Assurant Service Protection Plan thru Amazon when I bought it.

Assurant was a relief! Tho the original claim link in the email I received back in 11/2017 had expired, I was able to Google "Assurant" to get to their main website. I then selected "Retailer Protection Plan" then chose my insurance product as "Amazon" which sent me to the updated claim website. There, it located my insurance # based on my email; then all I had to do was describe the issue, confirm the price of the product, then my info, and my claim was submitted and accepted. An Amazon gift card was emailed to me 2 mins later for the price of the original purchase, $199.99, so I can buy a replacement. Which is what I'm going to do right now. And I will def, buy the insurance again!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Love the online scheduling for repair! It certainly eliminates the frustration of all the commands and only to find out that the line is busy or the call did not go thru by calling the service repair center. We have scheduled various repairs before and we are very satisfied with the experience and quality of the repair technician that comes for the repair. Yes, I would recommend Assurant Service Protection Advantage to my family & friends.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchased insurance with you guys for my television and when it started malfunctioning I put in my claim. It seems like it took a matter of minutes before you guys issued a refund on a gift card. The whole process was way quicker and easier than I expected. Thank you so much. It was a trying time but you made it so much better. I was able to get a new television and I immediately purchased insurance with you guys again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Service Protection Advantage?

Original review: May 25, 2020

Employees were not cooperative but we did finally get a generator exchange. We are not happy with the generators we have bought because they are not running as they should and not holding up mechanically.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. If you'd like to speak with a representative to address your concerns, please send a private message with your claim number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF28JBEDBSG. The ice maker breaks every 6 months. It is on the 5th or 6th repair. I have lost count. This warranty service claims they will replace after the same part is repaired 3 times. This model has a known issue with ice maker and the $2K refrigerator needs to be replaced.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

We apologize for this issue. We would be glad to have our escalation team look into this issue so that we can get it resolved for you. Please send a private message with your incident number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 20, 2020

I had a GE Profile dishwasher installed in my home in December 2017. In March 2020 it suddenly stopped working - luckily we had an extended warranty plan. A GE Certified technician came to look at it and despite me telling him that there was some water underneath the dishwasher he insisted that it was a problem with the control panel on the door. He replaced that it started working. 5 weeks later, the dishwasher stopped working again. So I had to take advantage of my Assurant extended warranty again (pay an additional $50 deductible) for another technician to come out. This technician listened to what I said and noticed the water underneath. He ordered replacement parts and came back a couple of weeks later. When he started to replace the seal, he noticed that problem was far greater than the seal and that the entire water bucket underneath was rusted out and was 100% confident that it was a manufacturing defect.

Assurant made, in my opinion, a low ball offer for the replacement of the dishwasher and told me that they found a comparable one online at Best Buy and that was what they were basing the offer on. When I explained to them it was not only not comparable but also unavailable I was told that availability was not part of the claim consideration process. I explained that there was truly comparable one immediately available at a local appliance store in my neighborhood, they would not reconsider the claim or allow me to speak to anyone in the claims department. I spoke with 2 "supervisors" and neither one was authorized to make a decision and only followed a very particular word script. I asked if availability and inconvenience should be taken into consideration - as well as the incompetence of the initial technician but again was told no and that there was no one I was able to speak to above either one of them.

I am now forced to pay more money out of pocket as they will not assist with covering for installation, removal or refunding the second deductible that I was forced to pay just to schedule a service technician to come. However, I find myself very fortunate that there was not an electrical fire or any significant water damage to my floor underneath the dishwasher. Please save yourself the trouble of dealing with this completely irrational and unhelpful company.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Sal - we would like to take a closer look at your experience and see if there is an opportunity for us to help. Please share your incident and phone number privately to get started.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Dishwasher warranty. Covered appliance and super easy to navigate websites and set up appointments for service during breakdown. There were no problems or hiccups with the service repair. I would recommend this type of service to all my friends.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Happy to hear you were pleased with the service!

Original review: April 25, 2020

Change phones. I first tried to make an insurance claim. Nothing. Then I bought a phone from a friend and still am fighting to transfer the phone to Cricket. Yes the phone is unlocked. Thank you but no thanks.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage response

Abby - if you haven't resolved the issue with the claim, please send a private message with your claim and contact number. We would be happy to look into it.

Assurant Service Protection Advantage Company Information