3.4/5 (104 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Rescue Rooter

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Rescue Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

On December 30, 2020, we purchased a $12,000 air conditioning unit from ARS. I explained to the salesman that my sister is an MS patient and cannot get overheated. He claimed this unit was the very best and that there was a guarantee that if they could not fix any problem within 24 hours, ARS would provide a hotel room or portable units to keep my home comfortable. At the beginning of July, the air quit working. After a day, the technician discovered that the installers had not securely attached the duct. The duct had been leaking, possibly since December, and had finally blown off entirely. Thanks! We love to pay to air condition the great Florida outdoors!

Then at the beginning of August, we began having issues with low voltage. Several techs came out and worked on it, replaced some parts, and stated that they might ought to put new wiring in place so they would talk to their service manager. No one ever followed up on that or offered to send a more knowledgeable tech out. Finally on Friday, August 6, the unit began making a banging noise and I called again. They told me no one could come out until the next day. A tech came out on Saturday afternoon after we had had no air for over 24 hours. He fiddled with the unit and finally said that it needed a board which would have to be ordered and would arrive in 2 to 3 days. I was not happy and began calling every number I could find including the salesman who sold us the unit. No one cared and no one tried to be helpful. They put me off and kept saying they would tell a supervisor. No supervisor ever got in touch.

I purchased portable units for over $800 so I could at least cool two bedrooms and keep my sister cool. Here we are on Monday, August 9 with no air conditioning in the house. I have called everyone again and they are now saying it could be 2 or more days before they can fix the air. This unit is less than 8 months old and it was the "best", most expensive unit they sell. The salesman guaranteed their service would be the "best" and most responsive possible. I am sad, disappointed, mad, and feeling cheated by this company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Paid over $9k for a complete replacement. The deal was for replacement of the entire unit, 2 free filters, duct cleaning and sealing. They did the unit replacement but failed to replace the 30 amp breaker with a 20. They didn’t bring the filters so I had to use the “cut yourself” type that I happened to have on hand. They didn’t clean out seal the ducts and when I call to get these things scheduled they say they’ll call back and never do. I even called to find out what size filter I need, they say they’ll have the parts department call but they never do. This is a trash company, don’t use them for anything if you want it done right.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Talked us into new furnace. Botched installation. Leak in ceiling. Months and still not fixed. AC that they installed within last year went out. Despite service agreement, no emergency service. Unqualified staff.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Excellent experienced workers provided high quality installation. They removed old leaking heater, and made necessary modifications and installed new heater. They drained and removed old heater. Installation was performed in basement.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I had a drainage block caused by a broken pipe underneath the concrete slab in my basement. I called ARS Rescue Rooter and that was my biggest mistake. In their 1st visit, Andrew from ARS was able to unclog the drain pipe for $500 but submitted me a totally wrong diagnosis of the problem. He gave me a $6k estimate for fixing a root intrusion in the drainpipe in my front yard that was totally unrelated to the issue. The drain blockage returned immediately after 3 weeks.

Then Chad from ARS did a good job of diagnosing the problem correctly. He submitted me an estimate of 6.5K to dig a 3x3 ft hole in the concrete slab in my basement to investigate the broken pipe and replace it. Ronnie and Robert from ARS did a good job and fixed the plumbing issue in a day so I could use restrooms etc. However, they left a 3x3 ft hole in my basement for 3 days.

Later another guy, *Jeremiah* from ARS came to fill the concrete hole. He did a shady job of preparing the sub-grade without even compacting it. Knowing very well there is a bit of void underneath it and more crushed stone should be needed. He was ready to pour concrete but when I stepped on the sub-grade, it just disintegrated. He then complained to his office that the customer caused an issue and charged me an extra $600 bucks for it. I just caught him leaving a sinkhole under the concrete. Due to time crunch and not wanting a sinkhole in the basement, I agreed to pay for it. Robert from ARS bought extra bags of rocks to prepare the subgrade and then poured concrete on top. I am still doubtful if they poured the concrete correctly. Stay away from ARS Rescue Rooter especially if you see *Jeremiah* come to work! He is dishonest and a liar.

Original review: June 18, 2021

As a general contractor ARS is the WORST plumbing contractor I have ever experienced and that is in 45 years of contracting. After working with them on a schedule I made an appointment for a week later, today from 10-2. I had phoned them 2 days earlier to double check and appt on. I phoned them this morning at 8:15 to make triple for sure and was assured they will be and I will receive a call 1/2 hour before. I went to job site and "opened up" the plumbing to be ready. I received a call alright informing me they do not work in my area anymore and no one will be there. They did tell me they were "sorry" for any inconvenience they caused me. Did not offer to cover my costs. Stay away from this company. MA

Original review: June 3, 2021

This company is the worst! We have had nothing but problems since we put their system in 4 years ago! Every time they come out (which has been extensive) they make excuses, never show up and break the system constantly. They don't stand beyond their systems and forget talking to a manager. Their people are condescending and don't have a clue what they are doing!

Original review: May 20, 2021

I am a single mother who lives in an efficiency apartment in my home and rent out the other various space to provide an income for my daughter and I. In Feb 2020 I received a call from the tenant that the air heat wasn't working. I immediately began calling around to try and get someone to come and see what needed to be done. My unit was several years old so my fear was that it was a significant repair. The customer service I received while scheduling someone to come out was great. She had someone arrive that very day! He turned the switch on and heard the sound it was making and turned it off to do the remaining inspection. He showed me rust inside the unit and said with the noise it made trying to light he was not going to let it continue running and was going to contact the sales rep to get me a quote.

The sales rep came out, he was pleasant enough, we spent much time talking about his personal affairs! Before I agreed to buy a new unit, I had said several times that even though I had not smelled propane that surely it couldn't be something as simple as needing propane, to which that was not addressed and we continued to talk about the age and condition of the inside of the unit. The installer came out very quickly, within a very short time and I actually left him there to run back to work, I came home to find the invoice on the table with the information that the unit wouldn't heat because I was OUT OF PROPANE!??? So, I now owe close to 8k on a unit that had some age on it but was not heating because I had no propane. It would come on and try to ignite and there was no propane so it would just sit and hum and then kick off.

On March 1, I received a text from the sales rep saying my payment couldn't go through because the amount was too large. I responded immediately. I responded again on March 2 to the sales rep through personal text, as that was how we had already connected initially. I told him how discouraged I was that I had the propane guys out that very day to fill and my tank was completely empty. He did not respond to this but said that I could call the office to get payment processed or mail a cashiers check. On 3/1/21 I communicated w/ someone about my payment and told them I would get with the bank about raising the limit so my payment could be processed. I also told them I would like to see what we could do as I had bought a unit without the tech checking the propane and what could be done.

I spoke with Manager Nick on or shortly after 3/11/21 and he was very pleasant at that point and ask me what would make this ok. He ended up knocking 500 or so off the bill and I told him that would at least cover the propane so I would try to call in and get the payment processing started. Well, as a single mom working all sorts of jobs life has gotten busy and I had not realized so many days have come and gone since I told him I would get that taken care of. I have had no bills, and I have had no phone calls from anyone at this company.

Yesterday evening at 6pm I was at a holistic doctor's appointment (for my anxiety needs) and my phone rang several times back to back. I was handed my phone as we thought something might be urgent. It was Nick. He stated that they have repeatedly tried to work with me to no end and that this was urgent that the payment get dealt with today as there was already a lien being issued toward my house. There were other words than that but that was the bottom line. I told him I did not dispute that I owed a bill and I wanted to get that taken care of but the inaccurate information and the inappropriate way that he used to talk with me was very inappropriate. To this he continued that the information was NOT inaccurate and that there were multiple documentations of phone calls to me. He agreed that he could get me that documentation. I told him I needed to call him as I was in a place where I couldn't get this resolved (Dr's Office).

After I left I called the number I had for the office and Daniel talked very pleasant with me. I ask her to tell me the documentation that was under my account regarding phone calls or bills etc.... I ask her if the accounting department had been making calls to me would they be listed under my account and she said yes. I then called Nick at the number he had given to me. He advised that the payment had to be dealt with now as it's too late for anything else to happen. I told him the debit would not go through as the amount was too high and I could meet someone in the morning to give them a check, I also ask for the documented information of the attempts to collect this debt. He said, "I am not going to go back and forth, you've already received the FedEx and it's too late for anything more!"

My phone showed another number ringing just as Nick was being inappropriate and completely unprofessional. In a threatening way telling me there was no further options past getting the payment tonight! I Elaine from ARS had left me a message saying there was a big misunderstanding and could I please call her ASAP. I called, she clarified that she had checked and I had not received the FedEx and that she was calling back the FedEx and that there would be no lien on my house if I could let her know how we were going to settle things and move forward. She apologized several times for Nick, which was not her place to do. Nick was completely threatening and inappropriate. She and I spoke for almost 30 min and I agreed to mail a check this morning. When she pulled up my account the amount does not show that Nick took off the 600$. It still shows I owe $7800. Elaine told me to go ahead ad send the $7200 and get this settled.

This morning I text to get Nick's email, which he sent immediately. I emailed him within minutes to verify that my account has been corrected and that when they receive the $7200 that my balance will be zero so I do not get a threatening a call months for now for non payment. He has yet to respond. I emailed him at 8 am and then text him asking for confirmation that he received, he did not respond. It has been 4 hours and I have received no response. I am waiting on a lawyer to advise me how I can send this check but safely be paid in full to prevent any further contact with this company.

Original review: March 30, 2021

January 2021 I contacted ARS néw to SC last June 2020. ARS from start to finish went well for me. I’m happy with everything that Ben the Sales Rep wrote up my contract. I plan to call them to inspection my system in September 2021.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I called a week ago. Schedule my appointment for 03/25/2021. They called me on the day of my appointment to tell me they can’t come till April 2 2021 and that they have to charge me a fee of 130 for coming. The service is just horrible. I do not recommend them. They are a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I am sorry to say that installation And service support are mediocre at best! (Since we paid more to ARS company then paid for the water tank itself!) Even right now we have a small gas leak that can be smelled coming from around the pilot. We have called ARS few times on 02/23/2021 and informed them of the problem, but no response yet! I understand we had a freeze recently, but this is a priority incident and ARS is falling behind.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

After having a unit put in 2013. Started having trouble 2014. Took Four techs to figure out the problem. 2019 more problems for techs to figure out the problem. 2021 two techs to figure out the problem. Each problem was a major expense. Had to have a new company in to come replace one of the units. Today over $8000 in a unit we paid 10,000 for. The unit was originally installed incorrectly. And after doing some research on the unit I had. It was not even the unit that was supposed to be in there. They originally wanted to put a 2 1/2 ton unit on.

They had to come out and replace it with a 3 ton unit. And after checking I found out the second time they came out it was only a 2 1/2 ton unit. And they told me it was a 3 ton unit. I have all the paperwork showing that they supposed to have put in a 3 ton unit. When I tried to talk out some resolution for this problem they quit calling me. And I had to go to the corporate office which didn’t do me any good either. But she was a very nice lady. I highly recommend staying away from ARS Rescue Rooter. I personally recommend staying as far away from these people as you can. Don’t let them get you like they got me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Net-net, this company is the epitome of what a scam is. These guys not only try to shove a new AC down your throat but also first sabotage your existing AC unit first in the name of an inspection! I had never done an AC health check before, I decided to have one done when a person approached me at Home Depot. I agreed to a $20 health check.

ARS Rescue Rooter tech came to my house and did an inspection and after the inspection was complete, he informed me that my AC is about to die. He showed me that the outside unit had ice deposits on the pipes which meant that the AC would malfunction any day and that I needed a new AC. My AC is made by Carrier and only 6 years old. The tech charged me $119 dollars and told me that he would send a “Comfort Advisor” to do an estimate for a new AC. This wasn’t the end of the scam.

An hour later a guy comes over with a lot of material and sits down with me and the first question he asks is “how much would you like to spend? We have AC’s ranging from $5000 up to $20,000”. During this time, I have no intention of buying an AC unit because my AC works just fine. I listen to this guy’s pitch and tell him that I at least need a second opinion before I completely change my AC out. To this the sales rep gets aggressive and starts trying to bargain with me. I politely tell him to give me a written estimate on a few AC’s and that I will contact him later if I need a new AC unit. Sufficed to say that after about half hour of trying to get him to leave, he leaves.

About a few minutes later when my AC is supposed to kick on, I notice that the outside unit is running but the inside unit is not turning on. I call ARS Rescue Rooter again and they say that someone should be there within an hour. I wait the whole day and no one shows up. The next day morning the lead tech from ARS calls me up in a very impolite tone and says: “Sir, we diagnosed your AC unit and determined that it needs to be changed out. We gave you an estimate for a new AC and you refused to get it, what do you want from us?”

At this point I am very angry. My AC was working perfectly for years until ARS got involved. I tell them that their services are no longer required. I call another small business that only repairs AC units (someone that my neighbors have used and trust) and the tech comes over and tells me that I absolutely do not need a new AC. He orders a part which was damaged and replaces it and my AC works fine now. He said my AC is good as new.

I call ARS Corporate and tell them and they say that they are going to investigate the matter. At the end of 2 weeks of investigation they sent me a check of $119 (the original cost of the service that they had performed). I told them that I will not be encashing the check and that instead I will be writing a review of my experience so that no one else falls in their trap in the future. Even today, the calls from ARS keep coming in for me to get another “AC Inspection”. Home Depot: if you are reading this, tying up your name with ARS Rescue Rooter is just the best way to ruin your own reputation as a company. Cut ties with these scam artists ASAP. I am a home depot patron but I am questioning if I should remain so just because I got scammed so badly with ARS.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I bought a Rheem furnace in December of 2018 and had ARS install it. In November 2019 the furnace would not turn on. I had to pay the ARS to come out and blow water out of the pressure switches. They didn’t say why this was happening just told me that the furnace was working now. Come November 2020 we go to turn on the furnace again and it will not turn on. I called ARS out to figure out what the problem was. I paid them again and they told me that the pressure switches had gone bad, keep in mind this is a 22 month old furnace and the cost for replacing the pressure switches is a third of the cost of the entire furnace. The guy said that even though the furnace was less than two years old sometimes “the pressure switches just go bad in these furnaces”.

I decided that I needed a second opinion because there was clearly something wrong and ARS was either too incompetent or slimy to tell me what the issue was. A second company came out and immediately told me that the furnace has been installed incorrectly. ARS had tied in the flu into my hot water flu. This explains why the pressure switches kept getting filled with water. I called and told ARS what the competent company had uncovered. They sent out a Field supervisor to take a look. The field supervisor said that it had indeed been installed incorrectly in that the flu never should have been connected to the hot water flu.

Since then, they refuse to call me back. I cannot get corporate or the branch office to do anything about refunding me for the pressure switches or the diagnostic costs. They say they are going to call me at 7:30 AM, then they don’t call, then I called them and reschedule it for the afternoon, then they don’t call, then I try and call them back and no one answers. The only reason that I found out that they had been lying to me is because I paid another company to come take a look at the installation. It is now officially an entire month that I have been trying to get this company to fix their mistake. Now I am out money from the two diagnostic tests that they lied about, the real diagnostic test from the other company, and I have a two-year-old furnace that is installed wrong and does not work. For your own sanity, do NOT use this company. They are completely incompetent and have no problem lying to your face about it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

In August 2020, during >$15,000 complete repiping job, ARS workers and/or representatives stole $800 cash, AND a fifty year-old gold college ring from our house. Houston office was notified, but we never heard from them. The police investigated, but none of the four “suspects” admitted anything. ARS corporate headquarters in Memphis was advised, but they haven’t done anything, as it can’t be proven.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Floor drain clogged up.. Seen they had a add up 59.00 unclog any drain.. Scheduled a time and they did show the next day 4 hours late.. "It happens I get it" so they brought this joke of a drain auger. Ran it down and back, it did nothing.. They they said, "For 500 ish we can run a high pressure line down .." I said no till we agreed no charge if no clear.. Well that did nothing. I think they were running like garden hose pressure "my opinion". Then without my consent they started trying other stuff and then they said they will run a foil chain down the drain for 1,700 and I am like no. So they put some camera down and possibly seen a grease clog, then they said the drain will need to be dug up. Jackhammering my basement flooring for the tune of 7,000. Yes seven grand.. Without a guaranteed it will solve the drain issue.. And then the high pressure upsell was on.. Time all quoted out 7,800 so I caved "stupid me".

They were suppose to start the next day. But did not show up for all of 5 min stating this and that needed to be moved.. So I jumped on the time I had. Drove down to Home Depot.. Rented a sewer auger with a 1.5 cross shaped head on it.. Drove home 10 min. Ran the auger down myself. Working it back and forth. 30 min later the drain is clear, clean and flowing.. Called ARS Rescue Rooter up on the phone and told them to cancel everything .. That I did in 30 min what their so called pros. could not in 6 hours of dicking around. My final words is avoid them like the plague. Once they feel they have you they will sink in their hooks good .. All the while using so called industry standard equipment.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I bought an HVAC system in November, 2019, through Home Depot. All I wanted was a servicing. The guys convinced me that my HVAC system was not going to last a week (even though it was only 6 years old) and in fear, I bought a new one. It cost me almost $10,000. It has NEVER worked like it should. The humidity in my house has never been below 75%. It has never been comfortable.

Every time I have someone come out, they try to sell me more stuff, every time it is between $1,000 and $3,000! They use a passive aggressive approach: "Well, you are the one who has to live here, not me. You don't want to spend the extra money, then you will just have to live with it." They did not even give me filters. The size filter on my unit cannot be purchased through Home Depot or Lowes. (I finally found them on Amazon). When I called Rescue Rooter about a filter, they told me that they could take care of the filters for me for $900! Seriously, I do not lie. I could not make this stuff up. Run like a bunny before you use they people!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I had A/C service on July 10th, 2020, and I paid $199 for a box of filters that the service guy said he will deliver the next day; after multiple calls an average of three times a week no response! They keep promising to call back...

Original review: July 11, 2020

Below is my experience so far with ARS Orlando through Home Depot for the last (over) two months as of today July 11, 2020: May 9th Rick (who is actually personable, knowledgeable, and professional) came to do the estimate. We were to get another condenser and two new units while moving one of the existing units we already had to another bedroom. May 11th installer came and said condenser was back ordered. Was told days to a week. Did not install 1 ton in master even though it was for existing compressor. Full amount of install charged on 5/11 and on 5/17 statement from Home Depot.

Asked for update on 5/19 at 735am. No called back all day. Texted Rick at 515pm on 5/19 to request update. 5/20 new condenser was installed along with new inverters. Got call on May 20th to schedule electric on 22nd. Electrician came out and then left and said the appointment wasn’t for install but for looking at the job for scope of work. Electric was hooked up on Saturday May 23rd. Electrician said he was asked by installers not to turn electrical power on to units because they had to come back to do “something” (he didn’t know what). He said they told him they would come Monday (Memorial Day. They assured him

They were working he said.)

No one showed on Monday May 25. Called Tuesday (26th). Install coordinator asked if that day, Tuesday would be ok for them to come do whatever they needed. No one showed or called. Called Wednesday May 27th. Was put into a voice mail box. Left a message at 230pm. Got letter to schedule inspection of completed work on May 27th from ARS (even though work wasn't done). Texted above to Rick at 345pm on May 27th. Got voice mail at 440pm from ARC stating on call person would call night of May 27th. No call again from anyone.

Voicemail to Amy on May 28th at 910am. No call back at 1245pm on May 28th. Called again and was told she was still at lunch and would return my call when she got back from lunch. Came on May 29th and "activated" units. Promptly on July 1st they failed the inspection. Texted photo of inspection report to Rick. Appointment for July 8th to correct inspection failures and to correct leaky unit from install in guest bedroom upstairs which was discovered the very first time we tried to use the unit (apparently the installers don't bother to test their installations). No show/no call on July 8th. Texted Rick to let him know. Got a call at approx 1230 on July 9th to schedule someone for Friday July 10th. July 10th. No call. No show again. Texted Rick at 930pm. No reply as of 1pm July 11 so texted that I would contest the charge with Home Depot.

I'm currently looking into contesting the charge with Home Depot credit services. Credit card fraud aside I now have a non-working installation that has failed both the county inspection AND the actual use of the units. The company refuses to answer my inquiries and the most frustrating thing about this is that Rick clearly knows that he works for a bunch of thieves as one of the things he was most adamant about at the beginning was to contact him before writing a review (which I have, several times now).

I also know from experience that a review calling them out publicly is the only thing that will get them to come fix things, which is the worst part. They actually have people capable of doing the job.. They just won't, until you do something like a review like this. If you have time to be nasty (and have no rush to have your install working) then it may be entertaining for you, otherwise find a company that does their job because it's their job and not because they've made themselves look bad on Facebook, Yelp and Google. Seriously, seriously avoid this company.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Unfortunately for me, I didn't read the Consumer Affairs reports first, but believed the hype of their TV commercials. Reading through these complaints, I see my same problem listed over and over again. I bought a brand new system the end of January 2020. It's an upstairs unit, so I only used the heat occasionally. But in May, I started trying to use the air conditioner, and that's when the problems started. It took less than month, of only minimal use, for the unit to stop working. First a part had to be replaced that was freezing up on one side, causing the unit not to cool and ruining my filter. It took several visits from multiple folks to finally fix that. Then, when it finally cooled, it wouldn't turn off! I sat beside it one night for almost 40 minutes waiting to see if it would turn off once it reached its desired cooling. It never did. I had to turn it off manually before leaving the area.

I can't afford to have an air conditioner that runs continuously, especially when it's supposed to be 'new.' At this time in July, there have been 4 service calls. One technician was supposed to arrive between 12 and 4, but did not arrive until 7:30! That caused him to be in my home until 9:30 p.m. I had been called numerous times telling me he was on his way and would be there shortly. Finally right before he arrived, I told them it was too late and he would have to come another day. They told me he was 7 minutes from my house. Another 30 minutes passed before he arrived. And when he did arrive, he came in having no idea what he was supposed to do. I've been promised a new filter to replace the old one that was ruined from the original leaking problem four different times. Each person is supposed to have ordered it, but when they get here no one has it.

There is no connection at all between the office and the service department. Not one person has arrived knowing what my problem is. How can this be possible? I've had to go through the entire problem every time to the technician. I've actually let them read the reports left by the previous service man so they would know what was going on. I could never recommend this company. In fact I have been so disappointed with this unit, I will go so far as to warn people about them. Like many folks, I'm limited as to how much money I can put into something like this, and heating/air conditioning systems are very expensive. I feel I should have gotten much more for the hefty price of this system. I've been dealing with this problem more than a month, and still not much better off than I was originally. So disappointing.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Very good company! On time with smooth operating technicians. After removing the old unit, they cut the hole in the wall around 4 inches too high. A few weeks later they sent a carpenter to fix it. And then there is the semi-annual free system check-up.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We called 3 weeks ago for a problem with our AC. Tech came out and charged us $550 for the work/parts to fix it. Fast forward to a couple of days ago and we are having the same problem with our AC. New tech comes out and charges another $250 dollars and says he will be back later that night to fix it. Calls that night and says he can't come because it is raining but he will be back 1st thing Monday morning. Yesterday (Monday) comes, no tech and no call. We called 5 times with a promise to call back and nothing (mind you we've already paid over $800 for this problem). Today we called and they said the part is on back order for 1-3 days! In the meantime there isn't anything they can do so our house isn't 84 degrees (they are out of floor units at the moment)! Total crap. I've left messages with the manager but I'm not expecting a call back. In the meantime, they can expect a lawsuit if my 5 year old has to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Integrity. So important these days. Before hiring a plumber, I did my due diligence and read through all reviews I could find. Many of the reviews I read on "Rescue Rooter" plumbing were from states other than mine and were negative. My wife and I rolled the dice and went with Rescue Rooter for a plumbing issue we had at our rental property. We were met by Dontae, the plumbing tech, at the time promised. Dontae immediately got to work assessing the problem; we thought it was slow draining drains creating a leak in the low spot of the house, Dontae showed us the drains were fine, and it was a corrupted wax ring on a toilet.

I told him I could fix this myself, and to settle up with my wife for any service call charge owed for coming out so quick (within 2 hrs. of the call placed). Dontae smiled and said words I haven't heard ever by a subcontractor in this decade, " ... no charge today, ma'am ..." with smiling eyes (he had a mask on) ... WHAT?!! A company who had every right to charge a service call, yet they didn't. Wow... All I can say is, in the state of WA (where I reside), if you need a plumber, or plumbing service, you could do a lot worse by going with another company. That, to me, is integrity. I will give this company all of my business (and refer them to all my friends) because of their business practices. THANK YOU Rescue Rooter for making what I thought would be an expensive situation into something I could fix (not that replacing a toilet wax ring is a fun job!).

Original review: April 30, 2020

False advertising on website. They shows $89 for drainage cleaning but when the plumber arrived he quoted $350. Secondly he supposed to come between 11:30-3:30pm. He arrived at 4:50pm saying cannot find my address on GPS. So does it take 1 hour and 20 minutes to find address in Manor TX? It's not a metro city.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Do not use them - ever. They had a table setup at Home Depot and was offering discounted HVAC tune up. They came out for sure and actually try to use scare tactics to tell you the system is old and need to be replaced even though the unit works fine. The guy, Brandon, came out and poured water in the drainage valve and says it is clogged and says he cannot check the system and that I needed a plumber to fix the drain first before he can actually so call "tune the system". Brandon got the nerves to call me back a year later to offer me a tune up for $9 to prepare for the summer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Already knew what my problem was, but they still wanted to send their tech out to confirm the problem, I needed an expansion valve installed on my unit. It’s still under warranty, but they still said it would be, and $1000 to install. I never missed a payment, and they still wouldn’t come down on the price. I’ll never ever deal with them again. They are all about the money. Do care about the customer.???

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

All I needed was a drain snaked at my rental property. When they came out they said that they fixed it from the outside and it was good to go, my tenants told me there was still standing water in the sink. The next day they came out and said it will cost me $10,000 to fix because they have to cut under cement to fix the pipes. They did not even try snake it, water was still standing in the sink. I told them no way and to leave. All I needed was someone to snake it. When they came out they said that they fixed it from the outside and it was good to go, my tenants told me there was still standing water in the sink. I had another plumber go out there and snake it said the cost would be $95. Everything running smoothly now.

ARS showed me some pictures but I was told by other plumbers that they were probably not pictures of my pipes due to them not being able to get these pictures if it was still plugged up. I cannot believe that ARS quoted me $10,000 for a job that cost under $100. They recently did a job for me and charged me 10,000 to fix the pipes under the street from my bathroom, Which I am still paying. I will never use this company again and I hope you won't either.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Oct 5, 2019. Clogged drain in shower stall. They quoted us three grand for what another plumber charged $165. Began with bait & switch. After describing the drain issue in detail, their office quoted $88 to snake it. Tech who showed up said snaking thru a large floor drain would be nearly $300, even though it was easy access. He snaked for 6 minutes and then claimed pipe was corroded closed and a few feet of pipe would need replacing! 'Only' three grand! I called another plumber and he snaked it clear in a couple minutes and charged for minimum housecall! After I posted my bad experience on Yelp, I received calls from two "senior managers" who profusely apologized and offered to reimburse me the $165 charged by the other plumber (who easily snaked clear the drain). As of Dec 12, they have NOT made good on their promise and have not sent us a check.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Worst experience ever in the last 10 years. Ridiculous!! Do not bother calling them to come in and troubleshoot the root cause. We had a sink backup issue a month back, a technician came in, we spent $600. He has no idea of the cause and just cleaned some pipes and said the issue would go away. The issue recently came back within a month and we tried to reschedule for re-service and so far they have rescheduled it 4 times on various days. Their customer service is horrible to say the least and I have lost patience, wish I could just get the refund and never ever call them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I am an Airbnb Owner and ARS attempted to misrepresent the nature of my required Service Request. My Air Conditioning Unit was not cooling properly and they attempted to informed me that the entire unit required replacing. They did not attempt to repair the existing unit only to state that it was old and that the unit was beyond repair although this was not the case. I call in a second opinion from Lee Company and they proceeded to repair the unit by cleaning the coils, replacing the filter and adding additional coolant. This only required about an hour of onsite time from the more than capable Service Technician from the Lee Company and the unit was up and running the cooling efficiently saving both me and my guests from the oppressive heat during that time.

ARS intentionally attempted to upsell my wife who was at the time working with them to resolve the cooling issue to the tune of $5000.00 for a total HVAC System replacement when the unit only required simple maintenance. These people were unprofessional and obviously thought we were not capable of making a better choice for our service needs. I will never use ARS again and I advise everyone else not to use their services as well.

Rescue Rooter Company Information