Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Horrible customer service. Touts "Always On Time...Or You Don't Pay A Dime". Called after hours service for a repairman to come out on the coldest night of the year (freeze). No one called or contacted me. Called minimum of 7 additional times only to be disconnected. Called next morning and finally got someone to come out approximately 11 hours after initial call. Questioned why paying annual fee for no service in addition to service fee next day. Tried to cancel annual maintenance fee and was told I would OWE an additional balance in addition to losing already paid annual fee.

NOW they offered to come out and do the "early fall to winter" tune-up, cleaning and rejuvenating. What a waste of time and money! They keep saying I requested a service person the next day (NO) and that they did the unit check on the day they came out. Clearly stated on "SYSTEM EFFICIENCY REPORT" AC/Heat Pump and Furnace/AC Handler NOT CHECKED and I quote "Too old outside"!!! Asked for quote on new unit and was given a torn piece of paper slip from the bottom of a legal pad with a price ONLY. No information on what I would be getting.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I purchased a new Goodman outdoor heat pump from the Myrtle beach office. It has been a nightmare from the start. My house had no humidity problems before until a new unit was installed. They have come out on calls over and over and each time it has been blamed on something on "my" side... But after I pay for each fix the problem still remains. I have high humidity even when the heat is running not just the AC. Everything has been blamed from not enough returns to my thermostat. Yet after each one was supposedly fixed or replaced the humidity is still high...over 60%. They will take advantage of you and take your money. RUN away.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Every single time they have been out something new breaks. It is almost as if they intentionally sabotage everything they ever touch. If they work on the AC in the summer the heat does not work at all in the fall. If they work on the furnace in the winter the AC does not work at all come spring. They are a company entirely built on making sure they have to be there at least 4 times a year to get more upcharges out of you. Run away.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Updated on 10/22/2019: On my prior review I stated all the problems I have encountered with the company. The Supv. Came yesterday and re-checked the duct work. Well, surprise, surprise duct work done wrong. I'm still waiting for them to call me to see when the techs are returning to re do the duct system. Will continue updating.

Original Review: Deltona, Fl. This company came to my house in 2016. We called them because our old AC unit was already 25 yrs old and not working properly. The CEO at the time, convinced us to buy a new unit for $6,000.00. Gave us an interest free loan for 6 months. Since nobody else offered this deal, we took it. We didn't have any other choice, we didn't have the money to get it cash from somebody else.

Well front of house didn't have AC. We called. They said we needed the ducts changed. $2,000.00 more we'll have to pay. We were Upset because they should have told us from the beginning. Well, we couldn't do it. Now they come back and did the ducts, added new returns, added new additional vents and still same problem. Tech came in and found 2 new ducts deflated and exhaust fan too high. This company sucks. On Monday a supv. Tech Is supposed to come to re-check system. Let's see how it will go.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

VP Richard Drew the Owner cheats and commits fraud here at One Hour Heating and Cooling Myrtle Beach SC location. They also made bad slurs to my Aunt and me. He overcharged and they never came out for an AC emergency as promised. We feel they are cheaters in this business and are very fake. VP owner Richard Drew is not fit or should be the VP here and takes & overcharges for services that are never performed. Carterlo.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I called this company at 7 pm as my ac was not cooling. The person that answered the phone was very uneducated. You could not understand anything he was saying. An hour later, no one had called to give an ETA so I called back. Same uneducated person answered the phone. Had no idea when tech would be at my house, (keep in mind we are in south Louisiana). He told me it would be by the end of the night but couldn't tell me what the end of the night was. I said so you are saying it could be 3 or 4 am? He responded with yes.

After 30 minutes on the phone, I finally managed to get him to understand that I needed an ETA. He put me on hold and came back and said the tech had another job before me but stated the tech had not been dispatched and still did not give me an ETA. Very poor customer service. Uneducated individuals work for this company. I do not recommend using One Hour A/C and Heat. The answering service said that 1 Hour A/C and Heat is just a name. How deceiving.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Called 1 Hour Portland Tx. and they arrived on time. Very professional tech but didn’t fix my AC that wouldn’t go below 80*. Tech tried to sell me a capacitor for my condenser unit that was working fine. $229 and admitted it might not fix the problem but I would get a 2 year warranty on it. I declined and called another company but still had to pay $129. The other company came out and found my heating element to be grounded causing my heat and a/c to be on at the same time within 5 minutes. 1Hour tech obviously was trained to sell new products and not fix what the customer asked for or didn’t know what he was doing. Obviously not enough troubleshooting experience to be on his own. Nice guy but not qualified to be on call by himself.

Called this morning and asked for my $129 back because they didn’t do their job and was told this evening when they called me back they don’t do refunds. Totally unprofessional when a homeowner has to call another company to fix/diagnose something I already paid for by 1 Hour Portland Tx. I won’t trust this company ever again and plan to tell the world when someone brings up A/C. I had planned to get all my duct work replaced by them this winter that was already quoted but that’s not happening by 1Hour Portland.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

First off, he went to the wrong house and we had go get him. When he came in, it was more than obvious this was all about upselling and nothing more. Tried asking questions and although he answered, it was pure smoke blowing. 3 times he brought up the guarantee that if we weren't happy, they would come back, rip it all out and redo it. I had to question why such emphasis and came to the conclusion that if they needed a guarantee like this, obviously there was something wrong. Having an engineering degree, I'm not stupid, and did wonder why he insisted on things like widening the cold air intakes and stating a few times that it wasn't a standard install. Even asking something as important as tonnage I could barely get a straight answer.

Of course he had to knock all the local companies, stating that they would not do a good job and I couldn't help but to think back on that 3 time emphasis of guarantee. I ask for a simple rough estimate and instead of appeasing, he insisted upon setting another appointment. To me the company seems like bs, a total hard sell money grab. I had 3 estimates already which were consistent and not one of those discussed half the things One Hour did. They had been pretty straight forward and quickly answered all questions. Also, afterward, reading the One Hour reviews, I am so glad I didn't commit. One thing I will say good is that they easily confirmed that I will go with someone else.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Original company to replace my grandfather's 1991 Carrier that was 'diagnosed' to have a bad compressor. Replaced Carrier unit in July 2013 with a Goodman condenser and Goodman coil attached to Carrier air blower. Total cost $4800. Two years later (2015), up-sells my Granddad on a hard start kit for $315 due to 'noise on startup' (this was a 'maintenance' call to check the unit). TWO DAYS LATER, compressor windings burn up, costs my granddad another $800 for compressor replacement. Keep in mind grandpa is in AZ heat, desperate to keep cool. Kinda funny, huh. Unit runs for 3 years.

July 31st 2018, grandpa calls One Hour due to no cold air. (Mind you this is during mid summer in AZ heat) One Hour 'diagnoses' that the pump is bad and unit needs replacement. Cost is $5250 for JUST a GOODMAN condenser installed. He buys it, because, again, it's 114 degrees outside and he's desperate. Fast forward to 7-30-2019, air handler goes out with no fan. Granddad calls One Hour again since they send him tons of ads every month for reminders. Of course that's another $89 service call. 'Tech' says blower motor is no good and dirty, ($1000+ to repair) recommends entire replacement of air handler at the tune of $4300 dollars! Granddad calls me this time letting me know the ac went out. I almost fell off my chair when he told me the story. I told him to hold off and I drive the 200 miles to his house to inspect/fix.

I immediately find the 24V control transformer in the unit has failed ($13 part) due to the condenser contactor coil having a short ($9 part). Replace both and the 'bad' motor whirs right on. What got me irritated was the hack job that I saw in the attic from the 2013 install. Goodman coil was TAPED to the Carrier unit, UNSUPPORTED by straps, LAYING on top of the rafters. The tape had completely failed, leaking roughly 50% of the conditioned air into the attic. The original drain pan for the condensate was ripped out of the way and not connected to the drain pipes, and the drywall ceiling had a crack in it. The condensate line had NO insulation, and was dripping water onto the rafters. Luckily it was hot up there and the water never made it to the drywall.

Seeing all this crap install, I call One Hour up 7-31-2019 to ask why the install is substandard. They send a tech out to look. Tech calls the office and office states they didn't install the unit in 2013. What?? Luckily my Grandfather is very organized. I dig deeper and find all these past invoices from One Hour. 2013, 2015, 2018. My blood was boiling, and not from the AZ sun. So my granddad has spent OVER $12000 with this company. The work is NOT to code or quality. I WILL be contacting the AZ state attorney general for elder abuse and extortion if this company does not rectify the horrendous install. Pictures are provided upon request.

Original review: July 18, 2019

When I called for fireplace and heating certification, they said it's going to be between $150-$250 based on outcome. But, they charged $300 even though there were no issues and everything was good. When I called them they said that's what technician charged. So they don't have their own technicians and they are just mediators who overcharge money. Never go with them.

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Company Information