One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems

Research top Heating & Cooling Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Before I start, even Pitzer's one hour A/C tech said they were the highest price dealer for A/C repair. Dirty filter turned into almost $800.00 in overcharges and things not needed for a working A/C. System went cold day before. Rebooted thermostat and the cool air continued to flow but a flashing snowflake was blinking every second. Johnathon the tech said it was a concern so I had him check the system and the filter needed changing. He then proceeded to find things supposedly wrong with a working system, capacitator charging me $446.00 when you can buy SAME EXACT new for less than $79.00. Then he said I had to have a hot start installed charging me 293.00 for a new part for less than $50.00. This hot start I found out is not recommended for residences but for commercial application and although manufacturer has a place for one it is not recommended or come with a new unit.

Total cost now to me for a working unit, other than a $10.00 filter came to $778.00. He was there at my home less than an hour. Tried to sell me a warranty program. I refused and found out from reviews that complaints abound about how this scam company responds to its warranty customers when problems arise. Anyway, when he left I noticed the snowflake was still blinking on the thermostat so I called Johnathon immediately and I he said - No worries some thermostats blink the snowflake when it's in the cooling cycle. Remember, he told me I had a concern in the beginning with a blinking snowflake? Please avoid this company and check out reviews on BBB, Angie's List, Facebook or wherever.

8.17.18 I STILL DON'T HAVE MY MONEY BACK, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND CROOKS, BE AWARE! UPDATE ON THE CROOKS: I just called again and a Claudia said she would transfer me to Jimmy ** and when I asked if he is there, she said, he will be in a meeting all afternoon, bunch of liars and CROOKS.

8.10.18 I called to speak to Jimmy **, cannot get a hold of him either. I don't want your service, I don't need your service, I want my money back, you are keeping my money for 3 weeks. You have no right to do so, you crooks. 8.7.18 Absolutely disgusting, I finally got a hold of that Ursula on 8.4.18 and she said, that she canceled the refund, bunch of crooks, they think, they can keep the money for work I canceled and prepaid, they are out of their mind. My credit card company contacted them and they did not respond.

8.1.18 - I wanted to cancel, when I called them they gave me the run around and I spoke with a woman she said her name is Marissa and when I called back, they said nobody with that name is working there and an Ursula was supposed to call me, which never happened either. I told them 10 times that I want to cancel and they just talked over me. So I called my credit card and disputed the prepayment, I subtracted the service fee of $89.00 and that is all they get.

I wished I would never have called them in first place. My unit is one year old and the Service Tech who came, said after they install what he suggested, he will put more Freon in my unit. MY UNIT DOES NOT HAVE A LEAK, IT IS A NEW UNIT, not from them. But anyway he said that would cost another $200. WRONG, they thought I am stupid, very very wrong. Be aware of them. I will let you know how long it takes to get my money back, when I called them today 8.2.17, they gave me the run around again and they lie a lot, I guess that is what they do best.

In June 12, 2012 they put a 2 1/2 ton Goodman unit in my home which didn't work, next day. Pulled it out and put a 3 ton Goodman unit in my home. During the month of June 2012 they had to replace a blower and control board. During the month of July had to replace a T-Stat. In August system wasn't coming on. They called it a low voltage short and said they cleaned the coil. Then in December of 2013 they had to change a defrost control and a temperature sensor. It was very cold in December. They told me because it was a warranty issue they had to order it, so I was told it was going to take over a week.

So, I called One Hour in Valparaiso, Florida and asked them if they could get the part from a store in Fort Walton Beach, Florida on Hollywood Blvd, because it was so cold. I was told a big fat no, to go and buy some portable heaters if I was that cold, and believe me it was very cold, 24 degrees outside, and it was 35-40 degrees inside my home, but because my program comfy warranty ran out they decided they didn't even know me. Today on July 7th 2017 I called them because I have a 10 year warranty and also an extended warranty for labor. Wanna guess what they said. They said, "We are not going to service your home anymore." I asked them why. They told me that they didn't have to give me a reason, but they are not going to service my home any more. They said to find someone else, because I didn't use their comfy services that they didn't have to service me anymore.

I find this company gladly accepted thousands of dollars, and I even joined their program for a year, but they didn't do anything for the whole year. I wouldn't even give this company 1 star, but it seems like I have to. The way they talk to you after they have your money is terrible. They don't care. Once they have your money it's done. They don't know how to treat a customer after they make you buy one of their AC units. Please don't make the same mistake that I did. Use TempaCure. They came out and fixed my problem that same day. The owner’s name is Bill. He did a great job, and I am using him today to come see what my AC unit is doing. Do yourself a favor. If you need a replacement AC, or just a repair, call TempaCure. The phone number is 850-678-COOL (2665).

Had One Hour out today, all it was about was to sell overpriced parts. Wanted over $450 for a turbo 200 capacitor. Looked it up online, sells for under $70. Told him not to put it on due to the price, no more work was done. Did not even check out the rest of the unit in the attic. Still charged me for a tune up and inspection. But he never finished. Do not call these people, all they are interested in is robbing you of your money. There are other companies out there that are good, this One Hour is not one of the good ones. What a joke. Invoice # ** on 07-03-17.

When my A/C went out on a Friday evening in a 105 degree heat (southern Arizona), One Hour was here the next day and diagnosed the issue immediately. The technician was personable, knowledgeable and very professional. I was very pleased with the outcome and the price was reasonable for a weekend outside normal business hours response. I would recommend them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?

Don't deserve the one star. STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY. This is a national "business" doing the old "Aluminum Siding type sales platform". Made to separate you from you money and provide as little real value as possible. I should have done a bit more research before calling them out. I had service need for HVAC - kept us waiting all day - til 9PM that night - OK it is what it is. And when they did arrive, they did do a High Dollar patch job and Freon Refill and cleaning. From there it becomes a sales gimmick for Club Membership yearly cleaning and such - may as well buy an extended warranty at that point. I even tried to get them to provide a real estimate for a new system if they were serious contractors.

I do have an older unit and it's in need of real repairs or replacement. Three re-schedules for "Manager to come look see" to prepare an estimate, and I keep getting the run around. And they call to reschedule and it's nothing but "make a decision today", "want to be last contractor in" - blah, blah, blah, all these are set ups to separate you from as much money as they can, not reliable honest service contractors. They are in the business of SALES only. They are not what I would call legit contractors. Check with NARI for home repairs and friends that know first before you call these folks.

I had a furnace check-up back in November for a "special" discount price and they did an alright job. The technician told me about a service that if I paid $250.00 they would come out anytime and fix anything for a year including checking out my air condition unit and it would all be free. I thought it sounded good so I bought the package. I just got call today telling me they would come out a check my AC unit and it would only cost $50.00. I told them I already paid the $250.00. It seems they have no record of it. I am very disappointed and will never use them again.

From the time of arrival the age and last time furnace was serviced had begun without even seeing it. I was in the process of removing the igniter when they called back. My wife let them come out so I reinstalled igniter (2 screws) $89 service call + $173 = $262 for a $30 igniter and was still being warned about replacing a perfectly good furnace.

All they want to do is sell you Comfort Club. My roof leaked and my bathroom had a water damage because this company did not properly install, mount and seal the frame on the roof. The dry rot after they removed the panel from the bathroom clearly indicates it did not just happen overnight. During the 13 years One Hour Heating and Air was servicing my unit TWICE a year, not any of the technicians (that means in the 26 times they were up on the roof), not any of them noticed that the frame was not sitting on the flashing.

They are great with selling you products like capacitor but they do not really fulfill their promise on the Comfort Club. They will bump you off your scheduled visit to accommodate new customers, since you are already a Comfort Club member, so that means they already got your money. They will sell you the membership for a visit of twice a year, but the technicians would spend a few minutes and not do the job. Very disappointed with them. Would not recommend them at all!

About 4 years ago had them replace induced draft motor on my unit. The charge was $999. But, wait "we can knock off a couple hundred dollars if you join our maintenance program." So I did, and ended up paying almost $800, along with monthly charge for program. Today, had same issue. Called a different company and the total cost was only $475, without having to join a maintenance program.

After a power surge we contacted this company to fix our heating system which was not working properly. They "fixed it", and told us the work was under warranty. But after a few months, it was not working again and so we called them and the company charged us $89 to come out A SECOND TIME, even though they said the work was under warranty. Again they "fixed it" and after a month it was not working again and they said they would have to charge $89 again to come out, despite not been able to really fix it the first and second time. I thought they are experts and able to figure out what is wrong at least by the 2nd time! Needless to say, I called another company!

Well I did get a unit from them for over $11,000 dollars. The install went just OK not good. After install you never hear from them again. They are like you don't exist anymore and they got what they need from you (your money). So I tell you stay away.

When you call One Hour you will get someone like me. You believe you are actually calling a One Hour store but you aren't... you are actually calling a call center and if you think our first concern is your AC system you are very wrong. We do not ask for your account information because we want to help you. We ask because we want to see if you have a maintenance plan... and if you do we have to try to up sell you or what we call cross-selling. If you do not want to do so we have to counter why you say no matter what it is if it is anything then a yes.

If you call me and you do not have a working A.C. and your house is hot and we do not have a time slot open for that day and if you do not have a contract with us I can guarantee you will not get a time slot no matter how hot it is. You will have to wait for another day. This is not my choice... but the choice of my supervisor... and that is the deciding factor in a emergency situation. This is all I will share for now. Thank you for reading.

ONE HOUR HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING performed a furnace tune up for me at a property I was in the process of selling - as part of my Sellers Inspection Response. The labor cost for the work was $99.00. The technician insisted upon entering on his report that the blower capacitor was below specs, despite the fact that it was functioning perfectly well. To avoid any potential issue with the property buyer, I had to agree to have it replaced and I was charged $135 for the part. The retail price for this part on Amazon is $8.95: **.

OHH&AC's part cost represents a markup over retail of over 1500%. The part took literally 20 seconds to put in located right in the front of the furnace and only two spade connectors to disconnect. A 10-year old could fit it. I accept that labor, and expertise, is something you have to pay for, but this is what I paid the additional $99 for. When I contacted them to complain, OHH&AC's response was rude and dismissive. ONE HOUR HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING gouge their customers on parts prices. Very disappointed.

July 21, 2016 Repair: “Bad Capacitor” in the air handler – replaced. Installer also inspected compressor unit outside, hooked up gauges, checked wiring and coolant pressure; removed fan from top of unit and washed out leaves with garden hose and sold me a maintenance contract. Upon entering the house I wrote two checks, one for the amount of the repair in the amount of $161.00, and another for the maintenance contract in the amount of $245.57. When the technician called the office, he put his supervisor on the speakerphone and I was told the maintenance contract was actually $50 more. I refused and was bombarded with numbers so I said take the $245.57 check and apply it to the contract. I complained to Home Warranty of America and received a check for $44.16 for overpayment on contract. Definitely proving bait and Switch on the part of One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating.

August 8, 2016 First inspection of the AC unit by One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating for Home Warranty of America for the maintenance contract. Technician hooked up gauges and checked capacitors with a clamp-on ammeter and checked coolant pressure in the compressor unit outside. No trouble found other than fan motor bearings. This is the second visit by One Hour and it was only 18 days after the initial visit.

August 21, 2016 only 18 days after the inspection and 31 days after previous visit. Two “bad capacitors, probably a voltage surge.” If the unit was inspected thoroughly on July 21, 2016 or August 8, 2016 this should have been found. The problem was not a voltage surge. It was a loosely fitting spade clip on one of the capacitors causing arcing every time the unit started up. Burned insulation at the capacitor connection of the wire and the green tarnish which would require extended exposure to develop. From the looks of it, this capacitor is not very old, still shiny. I have various sensitive electronics in my home and nothing else was damaged. A circuit breaker would have been tripped on a surge large enough to do this type of damage. I requested a full refund from Home Warranty and received it. I requested a refund from One Hour Air conditioning in Atlantic Beach and have not received one or heard from them. Do not trust this company.

Technician came for regular tune up. My system was working fine before tune up. After completed tune up technician saying electrodes is not firing. So need to replace. I asked to technician to replace electrodes. He saying company doesn’t have part. Parts will come next working day. I have to reschedule with customer service. Company will charge another $50 for return trip + parts and another labor charge. We were without hot and heat for two days. It is ridiculous. Very bad experience.

I had a few other quotes and these people were the only ones that right away, saw the issues and knew what to do whereas with the others, I had to point things out. Also, One Hour looked at the recommended equipment and said that the best practice is to match the manufacturer of the heater and the tonnage. The others were pushing Lennox and I guess as they wanted to keep the price down, the recommended lower tonnage than my heater. One Hour put in the right manufacturer and size! Nice guys too. They offered all sorts of financing options. Took their time with me.

If I could give this company a negative five (-5) I would. Mick, the owner, is a no good street-thug who should be put out of business for his unconscionable and unlawful business practices. These guys have a street-gang mentality, and they will try and physically harm you if you have a disagreement with them over money and the work they do. Point being, their employees are barely qualified to do the work they are doing and they don't pay for any damages they do to your home, like any legitimate and professional company would.

And, these guys will try to physically harm you. If you refuse to pay them, on account damages were done by this company to your home, Mick will send out low-level enforcers to your home to who will try and physically rough you up to get full payment from you. One Hour Heat and Air employee Mr. Lonnie ** is one of Mick's low-level enforcers. While Mr. ** is quite inadequate in a physical confrontation, by any 'real-man' measure, Mr. ** will, regardless, attack you, as he is a total nut job. Mr. ** is not a 'smart guy' so keep that in mind, as he is unaware that what he does is illegal. By sending out Mr. ** to your door the owner Mick is essentially attempting to create, upon payment, a tacit waiver of any damage claim by the home owner. Mr. ** is a thug who comes to your home, refuses to leave when ordered to exit your property, and then physically attacks you in your home if you refuse to pay him.

Beware! These guys will come to your home usually on a Friday (Pay Day) and try and force you to pay them money at your door if you have any dispute with them over the work they've done and payment. They will never voluntarily pay for the damages they do to your home. They will call you and shout, threaten, and lie to you to try and intimidate you into paying them as well. Also, they have this burglary thing down to a pretty decent science, so make sure you have cameras rolling on these guys at all times because they will physically attack you and then claim you attacked them. And, Mr. **, after he attacks a home owner, presses criminal charges against the home owner for assault. These guys are low-life, dirt bags that should be avoided entirely.

I have some refrigeration experience and since my home A/C was cycling I was pretty sure it was low on Freon. I have the gauges but not the Freon used in this system. So my fiance called One Hour Heating & Air because she had good experiences with them in Daytona. When the technician arrived he quoted me $1350.00 to clean the system before he could diagnose the problem. I in no uncertain terms and without profanity told him to leave my house. I will not recommend anyone use the Mayport Fl One Hour Heating & Air.

Long story short, we purchased a Goodman 2 1/2 ton central unit with heat pump back in 2006. We later, much later, learned it was a known defective designed unit, from One Hour Heat and Air in Nashville. We had constant issues with the unit over the next 9 years. Then back in December of 2016 we spent $750 with One Hour Heat and Air and they assured us all was fixed. The next month, (Jan) we received the worst electric bill of our 21 years in our home. Our electric bill was double our highest electric bill ever. Our unit had ran all month on emergency heat mode without us knowing it. One hour Heat and Air would not return our calls and they refused to help us with our horrendous electric bill. They will take your money and lead you along, but if they make a mistake it's all on you. Buyer Beware!

This company didn't fix my heat. The technician told me to buy some space heaters. After getting a second opinion, my heat was fixed. This company has pressure sales and tactics. They sold me a maintenance package that I was told I could cancel at ANYTIME! Now they want a lot of money... but I won't give them anything.

I purchased a complete heating/air system from One Hour five years ago. The system is junk. Within five years most every part needs to be replaced. Not only do the service people who come to house not know what they're doing, but the parent company, One Hour, refuses to let the original contractor service our equipment. This is crazy. We purchased a $10k system from one contractor... The parent company decided we MUST use a different contractor for service, located 45 minutes away. Now we have no recourse. And the repairs that One Hour makes, like fixing a freon leak, need to be done repeatedly, like every three months. This company is NOT good. Stay away.

Service was requested and done, but air filters were never delivered. After 3 calls I requested a refund and was told my warranty would be canceled because I purchased them someplace else and I was charged a restocking fee for items I never received.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Based in Pennsylvania, One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning offers heating and air conditioning installation and repair services throughout Lancaster, York, Daupin, Cumberland, Berks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties. For repairs, installation and maintenance, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers quick response times, with 24/7 service available. The company provides both an on-time guarantee and a satisfaction guarantee for its services.

• On-time guarantee: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning prides itself on timeliness. You will be given a one-hour window in which the service person will arrive and if they are one minute or more late, the company offers free service to make up for the lateness.
  • U-WIN endorsed: U-Win is an independent, contractor endorsing agency. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is endorsed by U-Win, which means they have passed drug tests and background checks and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
  • Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally; if a consumer complains about technician behavior, the company pays for the service itself.
  • Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally and leave the home in the same condition it was when they arrived. If a consumer complains about technician behavior, the service is free.
  • Offers in-depth product reviews: Product reviews can help users determine which heating and cooling products and services to order. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers reviews on its website, making it simple for you to choose what you need.
  • Best for homeowners and landlords.

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems