1.33/5
Based on 40 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

40 One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

DO NOT use this company! They charged me over $200.00 to reprogram my thermostat. What they SAID they did was a complete inspection to find out why my two units were not cooling. Then they tried to upsell me on a maintenance plan and a Freon top off. In actuality, all the tech did was push some buttons on the thermostat and tell me I needed to spend more money. The air stopped working again TWO DAYS LATER! I called them back and they said I'd have to pay another service fee and whatever costs on top of that! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Scheduled an appointment for 6-3-18 as it was taking quite some time for interior of house to cool. I presumed I needed freon. Mike **, the technician, checked the freon, and it was fully charged. He checked inside the furnace and found condensation on the copper coils. Said that there was NO issue. I was told that he learned in HVAC school that it takes 1-2 hours to drop one degree inside on a hot day. I've owned homes in Palm Springs, CA, and Phoenix, AZ, and it's never taken that amount of time to cool off inside. Currently, I reside in Indianapolis, IN, where there is a humidity factor, however, 1-2 hour cool off period seemed excessive to me. He mentioned my unit, a Trane, was 17 years old, and I may want to think about replacing the entire system in the future. That seemed excessive as well. I spent $89.95 for the service call only to be told there was no issue.

Mike left, and the unit ran for nearly two hours before I turned it off after not reaching the desired temperature of 76 degrees. I checked with a private source who asked if Mike had placed a thermometer at the floor vent, and the answer was no; was told that is a part of the checklist which should have been performed. I called One Hour back, and spoke with David, with whom I scheduled the initial appointment. I explained the problem with the system running and NEVER reaching temperature. He said another tech could be sent, but if there was no problem, I'd have to pay another $89.95, at which point, I said that a thorough inspection was NOT done. I was placed on hold, he checked with a supervisor, and the answer was still the same. I was advised that the manager, Corey, would call back after I requested a callback from management, but it could be the next day before I heard anything.

I disconnected, and got online to attempt to learn what the problem might be, and learned a faulty thermostat could be the issue. Before replacing the thermostat, I decided to replace the two AAA batteries. I was astonished that within 15-20 minutes, the temperature dropped one degree inside. I've been monitoring since, and with the hot humid days, it takes a maximum of 35 minutes of run time to reach desired temperature, a far cry from what Mike had told me. Seems One Hour is more interested in replacing the entire system than learning what the real problem might be. After battery replacement, I called One Hour back to speak with David, however, he wasn't available. I spoke with Belle, and asked her to pass along a message to David and Corey; after new batteries were installed, absolutely no problem with the cool off period, and I didn't require a call back from management. A complete waste of $89.95.

Why was Mike unable to tell me that old or weak batteries might be the problem? Good question, but no answer. I did send a review late last night to One Hour, and expressed my dissatisfaction, and said I should be refunded in full. Today, I received no call from the company. I did advise in my review that when the time comes, I shall not be calling them for a new system. One Hour installed this system in 2001. It seems Mike was more interested in selling/installing a new unit than getting to the root of the problem. I wouldn't recommend One Hour to anyone, and I shan't be using them for future issues. I also would advise those looking for a reputable company to look elsewhere. They are accredited by the BBB, but perhaps the BBB isn't aware of their business practices. My next email is to the BBB...

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Bought new air conditioner from One Hour Air 6 years ago, right after they had to replace main radiator, then had to come out on 6 different occasions to weld leaky lines. Last week it stopped working again. They came out on 05-30-18 did repairs, put dye pack in and Freon, an hour ago it stopped working gain. I told them last week I was a Veteran cancer patient. Called today after only a week, and no one will come until Monday. I have had nothing but trouble with this company. I should have fallen under lemon law, but they would not replace a new system, only repair after repair…

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was quoted 70% above reasonable market value for replacement of a residential HVAC system. I challenged the quote and was told it was competitive a number of times. After calling other vendors for the exact same equipment, I realized that doing a little homework saved me $7,000. Don't use this company.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Truly, one of the most professional companies that I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. After installing our new air conditioner (at a great price) we needed a technician to check on the condensation overflow. A technician was sent immediately. He was very courteous to my wife, explained the problem and then fixed the problem at no charge. More service companies should follow the lead of One Hour and put the person before the paycheck. Thank you Ryan and One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?

Original review: May 16, 2018

Pushy salesman company just out to get my money and overcharge me. First quote for a 92% efficiency furnace with all the bells and whistles he said I would need was over $12000. What a rip off, gave me so much misinformation that when I asked the other people I got quotes from all laughed at the stuff Taylor was telling me we needed for our system. Went with Cass County Heating instead but realistically anyone else was a better choice than One Hour scam pro's. Was at my house for 3.5 hours bragging about his company and trashing everyone else's. It was crazy no one else was here longer than 1.5 hours and they gave good information instead of telling me how bad so and so company was/is.

Do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the reviews from friends and family, get many estimates and you will see how much different the salesperson you get to come over from One Hour instead of the normal people that come over from the other hvac companies that are just looking to help you get a new system. Everyone else's prices were around 6800-7800 for 96% furnaces.

Original review: May 14, 2018

On Sat 11/11/17 One Hour was contacted by my husband as our unit underneath the crawl space was making noises. My husband was advised they would be out within 2-3 hrs. The service tech did not arrive until 5-6 hrs later. After checking the unit he advised the blower motor needed to be replaced & unfortunately if he had arrived a bit sooner he would have been able to go buy the supply house & bit up the part. With that being said, he will have to pick up same on Monday after advising the home office & a service date to install same will be scheduled. This was set up for Wed 11/15/18. My husband called me & advised he received a call advising him of same & provided One Hour with my contact # so I may be available to meet the tech.

I received a call from One Hour advising the tech would be arriving between a 4 hr time span. I work for a law firm & noted I would appreciate it if at all possible if I could receive a call when tech is within 30 min of residence & I will meet. Same tech call advising he was 30 mins away. I left to meet tech, & 1 hr 28 mins later a different tech than the 1 on 11/11/17 arrived, as we were advised orig tech had the flu. 2nd tech arrived at home with no apologies for delay in arrival. He stood on front porch very antsy, shared life's hurdles he has had to overcome [i.e. being born premature & beating the odds (?)]. His cell phone rang repeatedly with a woman's lured photo on it; clearly nonwork related. Finally, advised he would be replacing blower motor. Asked where inside breaker box was located, advised him to go around the back of our home & allowed him inside the back door where same was located.

Tech then went underneath crawl space, sounded as if the underneath of our home was being hammered and torn to pieces. Tech was back/forth to van over 20x; more out than in. Came to back door, advised he would be "wiring a bypass", came back to back door, flip breaker in main breaker panel. I hollered out back door, "I smell something burning." He came out of crawl space later stating that it was the heat strip coming on. He then came to my front door and advise I would probably need an electrician at some time to inspect the wiring of the blower motor. Tech went out to van stated due to the age of our unit we should probably get a new unit. I advised we have regular/routine maintenance performed, & do not need same.

Tech went outside to van for over 2hrs. My husband came home to find tech outside of van kneeling over engage in illicit drug behavior. Tech paid no attention to my husband's presence. Was not until my husband hollered for our son coming up the drive to walk to opposite side of van, as to not see tech's behavior that tech notice my husband. It was then tech stood upright & behaved as if nothing was going on. My husband watched tech for over 2 hrs engaged in illegal behavior, talked on cell phone with female; nothing work related, yet we were charged for "labor". Tech then came back to front door of house with a written proposal for a new 5 ton unit for $13,134.00. At which he was advised, "No thank you." Husband observed tech "beating & hammering" old bracket off of blower motor mount in an attempt to make it fit onto new blower motor. Claims he forgot to pick up same from supplier. Yet we were still being charged for new.

On Thurs 11/16/18, orig tech from 11/11/17 showed up to install blower motor & advised he was told by tech of previous day, we now need a control board as this is now not working. On Wed 11/15/17, I signed INV with my name as well as "TO BE COMPLETED", the tech later filled in the "WORK DONE SECTION" found melted disconnect in crawl, etc, etc. etc. Why is it the first tech found no such thing? BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THERE!!! THAT IS WHY!!! The 2nd tech melted everything when he attempted to wire a bypass incorrectly & blew up everything, causing a fire underneath in our crawl space. The 1st tech NEVER indicated any such problems. Our unit was still running when the tech arrived on 11/11/17, it was simply making a noise, now it does not run at ALL!!!

The orig tech came back on 11/16/17, claims he placed the blower motor in, however we are now missing a control board, as well as the breaker underneath. Our home is charged in the crawl space. It has been 6 mos, since they have destroyed our unit, multiple calls, reports on the tech & each times we've called they claim they have NEVER heard of any report from us.

As of 05/10/17, a service call/repair was finally set up wherein it was approved thru their call center to have a tech come out & repair the damage done/get the unit up & running as we went ALL WINTER with NO HEAT [temps below 0, and now the temps are above 90+ degrees]. My husband receives chemo & I am undergoing biopsies for thyroid cancer & we have 3 children. We were advised a tech would be out sometime after 4:30 PM same day. On same day, Thurs 05/10/18, my husband received a voice mail call from a restricted number, & it was the owner, Chris, Jr, who advised, "After receiving multiple calls from us due to this situation, it would appear to be in everyone's best interest if they severed all ties with us, & referred us to someone else to handle our services."

MIND YOU, they have repeatedly stated they have NEVER received any reports of complaints from us, yet the owner is referring us out due to multiple calls over 6 mos. Basically, we caused problems, broke your unit, our tech was behaving in illicit behaviour on your property, we failed to perform the work contracted, almost burned down your home, were negligent in our duties, so we are going to further overburden you as our customer and renege on our services.

Also, let's not forget, they sold us the monthly insurance for future needs, which we were paying on, & due to the fact they refused to come back & fix what they broke, we refused to make any further payments on the insurance. This was also brought to their attention, which they refused to acknowledge. They stated the insurance would not cover anything that was wrong. (???) THIS COMPANY ENGAGES IN FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR & SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM!!!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased a Amana 6000 air conditioning unit from them 4 years ago with a 10 year parts and labor guarantee with no money out of pocket. The unit failed on April 27 and I called One Hour to come and repair it. When I called them I verified I had the guarantee and they said to just show the tech our paperwork and he'll see. The tech came out and I let him know about our written guaranty and he said we'll talk about it after he diagnosed the unit. He really didn't do anything but looking at the back of it and showing me where it was dirty and said it's leaking there.

So he picked his clipboard up and asked to go into the house to talk. When we sat at the table he told me what he had to do and said "You're really not going to like me" and then quoted me a price of 700 dollars to diagnose it and another 700 to 1000 to fix it. I asked him what about my written guaranty? He said that it's not good any longer because another owner bought the franchise from the old one with no liability. I said I never received any notices about that and in the One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating guarantee doesn't say anything if the old franchise owner should sell my warranty was null and void. I asked to speak to the owner and he said he wouldn't talk to me.

I then asked him to leave my house. Before he left he had the balls to asked me for 89 dollars for a service fee. I asked him if he was serious? He said, "Yes I am." I said, "Tell them to bill me." Before I hired another company I called the office myself. I was transferred to John the office manager who was supposed to help me with my problem because the owner is a silent one. He was very rude and just said my guarantee was not honored and said I can go to anyone I want to but they won't honor it. Really helped us. So before you buy anything from One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning beware of their forked tongue. Very bad customer service. Run away!!! That's all I have to say about them.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I’ve had a terrible experience with this Company... First off, it took them almost an entire week to get the stuff done in the air vents... but the Name of the Company is called One Hour? Very Misleading if you ask me. The workers were rude, showing absolutely no respect towards younger women. Very Disrespectful. One of the workers told me to shut up too, even though they kept going in and out of the house since Sunday, being total nuisances. They treated my Grandma well, but that’s probably because she was old and I still think they were trying to take advantage of her. I put up with my mom’s abuse for three days straight just so they could finish their job. My Grandma forced me out of the house as well... and then I come back after the abuse and they’re STILL coming in and out of the house. Absolutely ridiculous. That will be the last time they will ever show up at the house EVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I called over 32 days ago and still have not received air filters that are extremely important for my furnace. Every week I call for the status of my air filters and every week they tell me they just put it in the mail yesterday and I should receive them shortly. This is obviously a lie. Customer service is filled with a bunch of nasty women with snotty attitude. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I moved in November 21, 2017. The air conditioner stopped working 1 week later. The landlord said the air conditioner was installed in August and was under warranty. 1 Hour Air Conditioning installed the unit so they sent out their technician, Angus. He told me the coil is bad and will have to order it, it should be in in a few days. Before Christmas my company, son and I were finding hard to sleep in 78 deg home. I phoned again, I was told it was on back order, it will be in 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks I was told another 3 weeks. I phoned in 3 weeks later, I was told another 3 weeks... etc. It is now February 15 and this is the same story. The home is 3000 sq. ft. I pay $2700.00 a month, and we are all waking up sweating.

I came home the other night to 80 deg. in the home. I asked for a deduction in my rent last month and was told I could break the lease. It cost me $1800.00 to move in. I have been working 2 jobs, I don't have the time nor the money to move. I finally received a call last week that they would be out today, Tuesday. February 20. between 8-12 PM, I stayed home from work, they never came. I phoned to find out they decided to come tomorrow. It is 81 deg. in my home with temp. going up to 85 deg. today. The humidity is 83%. I phoned back to find out what time tomorrow they would be coming, I was told that they can't come tomorrow, it will be Thursday. 3 months is too long in Florida to go without air conditioning. I have called the head office but they said there is nothing they can do considering it is an interdependent owner. I am lost on what I can do... I am at a loss. This is not the way a warranty should be handled.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating-Fort Worth - Had my HVAC diagnosed by this company. Paid $2,400 for new compressor. Two weeks later the unit quit running and learned the problem was in the air handling unit coils. Looks like I’ll have to take them to small claims court.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This company keeps calling me to schedule their maintenance. I've asked them on 7 different occasions to please take my phone number out of their system and to please contact my husband for these maintenance appts. I've explained that I work at The Mirage and we cannot take phone calls while we are on the clock. Yesterday they called again for the 8th time. I returned the call and asked for a manager. I never gave them my name. The girl I was speaking with couldn't stop giggling and once she composed herself she said "Melinda, what do you want to speak with a manager about?"

Obviously they have caller ID and this is a game to these people. I was placed on hold and another lady came to the phone giggling stating she was a scheduling Manager and asked what I wanted. I replied to cancel our service. She hung up on me and then placed 5 more calls to my number with pre-recorded messages. I don't know how this company stays in business.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had a very poor experience with One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. Their technician was polite but very young and unsure around an older boiler. After calling someone to consult he decided two parts probably needed replaced for a total of around $700 -- and said that one of the parts wasn't in stock. Being Minnesota winter, I wasn't going to wait around an undefined period for heat to be restored. I called a second company and told them what I had been told needed replaced and they said they had the parts in stock so I had them come out. The technician from the second company (with 40 years experience working on boilers) had the heat back on very quickly and found only one inexpensive part in need of replacement, for a total around $160.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We had a new heating and air-conditioning unit placed in the summer 2017. December 2017 and failed. Despite multiple attempts at contacting emergency services advertised by this company there was no response in the middle of the night. This was an emergency with no response.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

On appointment they came to clean and test the heat pump on my roof. One Hour red tagged it and said it was dangerous. Wanted to sell me a new unit made in China for $8000. I got a second opinion. This company took photos, said there is nothing wrong and turned on my heat pump. Turns out One Hour puts their employees on commission for selling parts and new units. Previous to this they ripped me off $900 for cleaning a coil that took only 10 minutes. You form the opinion... I say never do business with Pitzer's One Hour or you will regret it. This firm is located in Prescott Valley in AZ. (PS I still have the photos.)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I called One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning to come out and repair my air conditioning system. I paid a diagnostic fee of $80.00. The technician did the diagnostic and gave a list of parts that need to be replaced. After replacing these parts, at a cost of $749.00 he tells me that I need a new compressor and that it will take 24 to 48 hours before a manager can contact me. Out $749.00 for parts to a compressor that was bad for the beginning. No compressor, no call from a manager.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Before I start, even Pitzer's one hour A/C tech said they were the highest price dealer for A/C repair. Dirty filter turned into almost $800.00 in overcharges and things not needed for a working A/C. System went cold day before. Rebooted thermostat and the cool air continued to flow but a flashing snowflake was blinking every second. Johnathon the tech said it was a concern so I had him check the system and the filter needed changing. He then proceeded to find things supposedly wrong with a working system, capacitator charging me $446.00 when you can buy SAME EXACT new for less than $79.00. Then he said I had to have a hot start installed charging me 293.00 for a new part for less than $50.00. This hot start I found out is not recommended for residences but for commercial application and although manufacturer has a place for one it is not recommended or come with a new unit.

Total cost now to me for a working unit, other than a $10.00 filter came to $778.00. He was there at my home less than an hour. Tried to sell me a warranty program. I refused and found out from reviews that complaints abound about how this scam company responds to its warranty customers when problems arise. Anyway, when he left I noticed the snowflake was still blinking on the thermostat so I called Johnathon immediately and I he said - No worries some thermostats blink the snowflake when it's in the cooling cycle. Remember, he told me I had a concern in the beginning with a blinking snowflake? Please avoid this company and check out reviews on BBB, Angie's List, Facebook or wherever.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017 8.17.18 I STILL DON'T HAVE MY MONEY BACK, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND CROOKS, BE AWARE! UPDATE ON THE CROOKS: I just called again and a Claudia said she would transfer me to Jimmy ** and when I asked if he is there, she said, he will be in a meeting all afternoon, bunch of liars and CROOKS.

8.10.18 I called to speak to Jimmy **, cannot get a hold of him either. I don't want your service, I don't need your service, I want my money back, you are keeping my money for 3 weeks. You have no right to do so, you crooks. 8.7.18 Absolutely disgusting, I finally got a hold of that Ursula on 8.4.18 and she said, that she canceled the refund, bunch of crooks, they think, they can keep the money for work I canceled and prepaid, they are out of their mind. My credit card company contacted them and they did not respond.

8.1.18 - I wanted to cancel, when I called them they gave me the run around and I spoke with a woman she said her name is Marissa and when I called back, they said nobody with that name is working there and an Ursula was supposed to call me, which never happened either. I told them 10 times that I want to cancel and they just talked over me. So I called my credit card and disputed the prepayment, I subtracted the service fee of $89.00 and that is all they get.

I wished I would never have called them in first place. My unit is one year old and the Service Tech who came, said after they install what he suggested, he will put more Freon in my unit. MY UNIT DOES NOT HAVE A LEAK, IT IS A NEW UNIT, not from them. But anyway he said that would cost another $200. WRONG, they thought I am stupid, very very wrong. Be aware of them. I will let you know how long it takes to get my money back, when I called them today 8.2.17, they gave me the run around again and they lie a lot, I guess that is what they do best.

Original review: July 7, 2017

In June 12, 2012 they put a 2 1/2 ton Goodman unit in my home which didn't work, next day. Pulled it out and put a 3 ton Goodman unit in my home. During the month of June 2012 they had to replace a blower and control board. During the month of July had to replace a T-Stat. In August system wasn't coming on. They called it a low voltage short and said they cleaned the coil. Then in December of 2013 they had to change a defrost control and a temperature sensor. It was very cold in December. They told me because it was a warranty issue they had to order it, so I was told it was going to take over a week.

So, I called One Hour in Valparaiso, Florida and asked them if they could get the part from a store in Fort Walton Beach, Florida on Hollywood Blvd, because it was so cold. I was told a big fat no, to go and buy some portable heaters if I was that cold, and believe me it was very cold, 24 degrees outside, and it was 35-40 degrees inside my home, but because my program comfy warranty ran out they decided they didn't even know me. Today on July 7th 2017 I called them because I have a 10 year warranty and also an extended warranty for labor. Wanna guess what they said. They said, "We are not going to service your home anymore." I asked them why. They told me that they didn't have to give me a reason, but they are not going to service my home any more. They said to find someone else, because I didn't use their comfy services that they didn't have to service me anymore.

I find this company gladly accepted thousands of dollars, and I even joined their program for a year, but they didn't do anything for the whole year. I wouldn't even give this company 1 star, but it seems like I have to. The way they talk to you after they have your money is terrible. They don't care. Once they have your money it's done. They don't know how to treat a customer after they make you buy one of their AC units. Please don't make the same mistake that I did. Use TempaCure. They came out and fixed my problem that same day. The owner’s name is Bill. He did a great job, and I am using him today to come see what my AC unit is doing. Do yourself a favor. If you need a replacement AC, or just a repair, call TempaCure. The phone number is 850-678-COOL (2665).

Original review: July 3, 2017

Had One Hour out today, all it was about was to sell overpriced parts. Wanted over $450 for a turbo 200 capacitor. Looked it up online, sells for under $70. Told him not to put it on due to the price, no more work was done. Did not even check out the rest of the unit in the attic. Still charged me for a tune up and inspection. But he never finished. Do not call these people, all they are interested in is robbing you of your money. There are other companies out there that are good, this One Hour is not one of the good ones. What a joke. Invoice # ** on 07-03-17.

Original review: June 24, 2017

When my A/C went out on a Friday evening in a 105 degree heat (southern Arizona), One Hour was here the next day and diagnosed the issue immediately. The technician was personable, knowledgeable and very professional. I was very pleased with the outcome and the price was reasonable for a weekend outside normal business hours response. I would recommend them again.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Don't deserve the one star. STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY. This is a national "business" doing the old "Aluminum Siding type sales platform". Made to separate you from you money and provide as little real value as possible. I should have done a bit more research before calling them out. I had service need for HVAC - kept us waiting all day - til 9PM that night - OK it is what it is. And when they did arrive, they did do a High Dollar patch job and Freon Refill and cleaning. From there it becomes a sales gimmick for Club Membership yearly cleaning and such - may as well buy an extended warranty at that point. I even tried to get them to provide a real estimate for a new system if they were serious contractors.

I do have an older unit and it's in need of real repairs or replacement. Three re-schedules for "Manager to come look see" to prepare an estimate, and I keep getting the run around. And they call to reschedule and it's nothing but "make a decision today", "want to be last contractor in" - blah, blah, blah, all these are set ups to separate you from as much money as they can, not reliable honest service contractors. They are in the business of SALES only. They are not what I would call legit contractors. Check with NARI for home repairs and friends that know first before you call these folks.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I had a furnace check-up back in November for a "special" discount price and they did an alright job. The technician told me about a service that if I paid $250.00 they would come out anytime and fix anything for a year including checking out my air condition unit and it would all be free. I thought it sounded good so I bought the package. I just got call today telling me they would come out a check my AC unit and it would only cost $50.00. I told them I already paid the $250.00. It seems they have no record of it. I am very disappointed and will never use them again.

Original review: March 30, 2017

From the time of arrival the age and last time furnace was serviced had begun without even seeing it. I was in the process of removing the igniter when they called back. My wife let them come out so I reinstalled igniter (2 screws) $89 service call + $173 = $262 for a $30 igniter and was still being warned about replacing a perfectly good furnace.

Original review: March 6, 2017

All they want to do is sell you Comfort Club. My roof leaked and my bathroom had a water damage because this company did not properly install, mount and seal the frame on the roof. The dry rot after they removed the panel from the bathroom clearly indicates it did not just happen overnight. During the 13 years One Hour Heating and Air was servicing my unit TWICE a year, not any of the technicians (that means in the 26 times they were up on the roof), not any of them noticed that the frame was not sitting on the flashing.

They are great with selling you products like capacitor but they do not really fulfill their promise on the Comfort Club. They will bump you off your scheduled visit to accommodate new customers, since you are already a Comfort Club member, so that means they already got your money. They will sell you the membership for a visit of twice a year, but the technicians would spend a few minutes and not do the job. Very disappointed with them. Would not recommend them at all!

Original review: March 1, 2017

About 4 years ago had them replace induced draft motor on my unit. The charge was $999. But, wait "we can knock off a couple hundred dollars if you join our maintenance program." So I did, and ended up paying almost $800, along with monthly charge for program. Today, had same issue. Called a different company and the total cost was only $475, without having to join a maintenance program.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

After a power surge we contacted this company to fix our heating system which was not working properly. They "fixed it", and told us the work was under warranty. But after a few months, it was not working again and so we called them and the company charged us $89 to come out A SECOND TIME, even though they said the work was under warranty. Again they "fixed it" and after a month it was not working again and they said they would have to charge $89 again to come out, despite not been able to really fix it the first and second time. I thought they are experts and able to figure out what is wrong at least by the 2nd time! Needless to say, I called another company!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Well I did get a unit from them for over $11,000 dollars. The install went just OK not good. After install you never hear from them again. They are like you don't exist anymore and they got what they need from you (your money). So I tell you stay away.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

When you call One Hour you will get someone like me. You believe you are actually calling a One Hour store but you aren't... you are actually calling a call center and if you think our first concern is your AC system you are very wrong. We do not ask for your account information because we want to help you. We ask because we want to see if you have a maintenance plan... and if you do we have to try to up sell you or what we call cross-selling. If you do not want to do so we have to counter why you say no matter what it is if it is anything then a yes.

If you call me and you do not have a working A.C. and your house is hot and we do not have a time slot open for that day and if you do not have a contract with us I can guarantee you will not get a time slot no matter how hot it is. You will have to wait for another day. This is not my choice... but the choice of my supervisor... and that is the deciding factor in a emergency situation. This is all I will share for now. Thank you for reading.

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in Pennsylvania, One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning offers heating and air conditioning installation and repair services throughout Lancaster, York, Daupin, Cumberland, Berks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties. For repairs, installation and maintenance, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers quick response times, with 24/7 service available. The company provides both an on-time guarantee and a satisfaction guarantee for its services.

• On-time guarantee: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning prides itself on timeliness. You will be given a one-hour window in which the service person will arrive and if they are one minute or more late, the company offers free service to make up for the lateness.

• U-WIN endorsed: U-Win is an independent, contractor endorsing agency. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is endorsed by U-Win, which means they have passed drug tests and background checks and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally; if a consumer complains about technician behavior, the company pays for the service itself.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally and leave the home in the same condition it was when they arrived. If a consumer complains about technician behavior, the service is free.

• Offers in-depth product reviews: Product reviews can help users determine which heating and cooling products and services to order. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers reviews on its website, making it simple for you to choose what you need.

• Best for: homeowners and landlords.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs