1.25/5
Based on 53 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

53 One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Used their sister company Benjamin Franklin plumbing and what a mistake. Took 4 months and when they had the job half finished I fired them because they couldn't get building permit due to lack of proper licensure. Whose fault was this? According to them it was my fault course! According to the owner Chris Hodges it was MY fault for not knowing that I was supposed to get a permit!!! 4 months after waiting to have my bathroom finished I hired another Plumber who had to Jackhammer up the concrete slab that THEY poured and reconfigure all the piping that THEY installed. What a joke of a company. Initially I got an estimate for HVAC as well. They gave me an unprofessional handwritten est twice the cost of another company. I went with James River Air. Saved a ton of money and they installed a perfect system. Don't hire anyone associated with this owner: Chris Hodges! You've been warned!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I contacted American Home Sheild to have my annual Furnace tune-ups, they sent One Hour out who charged way more than anyone ever to do a simple furnace tune-up, yet what their mission really was was to sell, a hard-sell, on how much mold and bacteria was growing in my 3 systems, yet now after much research, I realize they have no idea if this is dangerous bacteria as they say it is since no testing what-so-ever is done. They claim these Oxy Quantum systems costing $1,500 per unit will solve the issues, yet when you ask for information on the system they give you the vaguest information, one sheet of zero detail, a system like that should have a book of technical specs to accompany it.

Then on top of that they sell you on duct cleaning of which I've been told I didn't need as long as I am changing my filters regularly which the guy who came out saw, he also saw that I got the best filters you can buy so again I was OVERsold for thousands of dollars. I don't usually get bamboozled like that, yet I just had another technician here who said they hadn't even put my filter door on properly and that they have a reputation of being quite a rip off company. So since this sales job took place at the end of a long day at 7:00 pm, do your homework better than I did.

I was made to feel like I was allowing us all to breathe this awful air which truly I am sure was not the case, it was simply a case of my systems being old. Because if it were the case, wouldn't they test it? Wouldn't they come out and check to make sure the system was, in fact, removing this bacteria as they said was there? Wouldn't that be included in the cost of something so incredibly expensive?

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

One Hour Heating and Air called me to inform me that my service plan allows me to have a free furnace cleaning. I scheduled the appt and he arrived on December 3rd, 2018. He stated that I needed a new furnace and he red tagged my furnace. He went as far as to cut off power, pull transformer in the ceiling leaving wires exposed. Stripped the connector and scheduled a call for me to buy a new furnace at $4,700.00. I called my home warranty plan and they came out but were unable to check furnace due to wires hanging and furnace in a disarray. The Warranty company denied my claim due to One Hour Heating and Air being scandalous. The technician lied and made it impossible for my warranty company to approve the claim. I currently still have NO heat. I would advise anyone not to utilize One Hour Heating and Air.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I seen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning on TV so I said I will called to let them check my heat to make sure it was working right. The tech came out, went in the attic and checked the furnace. And he said I have a gas leak and he have to turn the heat off since I have a leak. I said ok. So he write up the bill how much it cost to fix it. I told him I will let my home warranty check it so I did. They came out and said I didn't have a leak and tried to turn the heat back on and it wouldn't stay on. He told me, "I don't know what the tech did but it is not working now," and it was working when he arrived. I will not ever call them again and on top of that my fan on my air conditioning kept running. I don't know what he did. I think he was just trying to get some money out of me so he broke it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

A 25 year old breaker switch went out in the fuse box. I called 1hr. A technician came out, and without even checking said my unit was over amping and that the unit needed to be replaced with a new one. All the tech did was to take off the switch and leave it off because he said it was a fire hazard, and refused to put a new one in unless I spent over $6k to replace the old unit. I called another air conditioning office and got a true reading on the amps. I was informed that there was nothing wrong except that I needed a new fuse. I fixed it myself for $14.00. I would say stay away from 1hr.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I’m usually not a complainer however I thought this must be put out there. I have One Hour AC company come out at least 2 times a year to service my AC. Well the Tech came out and finished up telling my wife that the AC evaporator coil needed to be pulled and cleaned at a price of $871.00. Well I thought that was a little crazy so got a second AC company Xperia’s Air Systems LLC to come check my AC evaporator coil came to find out that the AC needed 2lbs of refrigerant and my AC is cooling as it should. I strongly suggest that you do not use One Hour AC. They are out to get your money.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Elmer's One Hour cooling and heating has not refunded my money for a repair that wasnt necessary. Because it took 4 guys to get the correct diagnosis which I told them about before they touched it. Now I'm left with a broken AC and my money GONE! They threaten to kept my money unless I pull my negative review which is illegal! I have two witnesses that heard them! I found out they didnt use my warranty. The part they replaced that didnt need to be replaced no record of it being ordered or the broken part being returned. I caught them lying to a news reporter and BBB on the same day. I've contacted to reach management and no management was ever contacted to give me my receipts.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We have lived in our house for just a year and everything was going good on our A/C. My Wife and I called One Hour Heating and Air just to do preventative maintenance, we paid 189.00 for the year just to make sure that we are good each year. After they came out and said everything was fine and we should be good for 7 years and more. Not one month later they said we have a leak and our unit needs to be replaced. Now if we would have never called them our unit would still work to this day, I am so pissed and I am told there is nothing we can do. Well when we do get another one it will never be from these Crooks (SCAM).

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We purchased a central heat and air conditioner from these crooks on February 20, 2018. It wasn't properly cooling the house, so we called them in April to come and check it over. They said the mixing box needed to be rebuilt; it would take 2 guys 2 days to rebuild, and would cost $1800. (This on top of the almost $6,000 for the 14 deer unit). They came and 2 guys spent 2 HOURS here and we paid them the $1800. We kept having the same problem. I called in another AC company to check it out. Turns out, the mixing box had NOT been rebuilt. It had just had a bad patch job done, and they had crushed ductwork; had it twisted and there was a tear where it had NOT been rebuilt. The new AC company fixed the mess, and within minutes, we had cold AC! Monday morning, I will be calling them. Stay far far away from these incompetent crooks!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My experience with this company was horrible. I hope you do not get a salesman named Paul. I called him to order part and he said he would, so I called 2 days later to get ETA of part, come to find out he never ordered part, as I’m thinking my air is going to be fixed soon. I had to call another company, which took longer to get my air fixed. Please be aware of this horrible company!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

This was the worst experience with any company ever. They took too long with getting the part, didn't even order it until I called, then tech put it in wrong, ran all night, he was rude, ran all the Freon out. Had to get a new unit from someone else. Had to pay for Freon that ran out. I am out 1500, for nothing. I want my money back and I am going to Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 2, 2018

DO NOT USE ONE HOUR HEATING AND AIR... THEY ARE SHADY SHYSTERS AND SCAMMERS!!! My warranty company has One Hour Heating & Air as one of their vendors. It took them 3 days to come out to my house for my AC not working. (The fan was not blowing) The guy (I should give his name, but that's just not classy) said it was the blower motor and he'd come back the next morning at 8:30 a.m. to install the new motor. (Mind you, the blower quit working in the winter also and this is the same company that came out and replaced the circuit board twice because the first one didn't make the blower work more than 24 hours. The circuit board was over $800). This current problem just so happened during a severe heatwave with heat the index reaching 110-115 degrees for 3 plus days.

The next day when he said he'd return, came and after 2 hours waiting for them to show up, I finally call them. He's decided that he'll just come out the next morning at 6 a.m. (He never called me to tell me this) I told them this was unacceptable and I needed him to come out that same day that he promised. He of course refused and told me it was my warranty company that is causing the delay and to find a different vendor! Are you kidding me! I called my warranty company and they said he told them he was trying to find the part... Really??? Where would he find the part on Monday morning before 6:00 a.m. which is when he'd be able to return?

My warranty company spoke to him and we agreed on Monday (like I had much choice at this point). Today is Monday and I've been up and ready since 5:30 a.m... At 10:00 a.m. when he still hadn't showed up, I called my warranty company asking why this place would be 4 hours late... When they called him, he said he decided he didn't want to do this repair and told them to re-assign the job to another vendor! What kind of place takes 3 days to come out then makes promises they can't keep? SHADY SHYSTERS that's what kind of company! Do yourself a favor and DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON ONE HOUR HEATING & AIR!!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

Beware of using this dishonest, disreputable company. My 86 yo mother-in-law got suckered into their ‘monthly maintenance package’ for her HVAC system. She called to have maintenance performed on her HVAC. A female technician showed up and spent four hours doing essentially nothing, other than to report that her ducts were dirty, her filters were dirty (she has electronic filters and the tech told her ‘my boss says these can’t be cleaned, they have to be replaced’ - yeah, right, these filters have been individually cleaned several times over the years) and then tried to sucker her into various repairs and cleanings totaling over $775.

On top of that, one of two things happened: 1) The tech either proceeded to intentionally sabotage her furnace unit to require another unneeded, expensive call back (by improperly replacing the furnace front covers preventing the electrical safety interlock switch from closing and allowing the AC to run) or, 2) she is a total idiot and completely incompetent. I can’t tell which - the tech did use the word ‘duck’ in place of ‘duct’ in several places on the work order (odd thing for a ‘fully trained technician’ to do), so either one is very dangerous - either a completely dirt-rotten company trying to intentionally scam an old lady or they hire incompetent fools, who because of their stupidity could very easily have your house explode. Their actions could have very well caused an 86 year old lady to have suffered heat stroke in the high 90/low 100 degree temperatures we’ve had. If you value your life and/or money, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

DO NOT use this company! They charged me over $200.00 to reprogram my thermostat. What they SAID they did was a complete inspection to find out why my two units were not cooling. Then they tried to upsell me on a maintenance plan and a Freon top off. In actuality, all the tech did was push some buttons on the thermostat and tell me I needed to spend more money. The air stopped working again TWO DAYS LATER! I called them back and they said I'd have to pay another service fee and whatever costs on top of that! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Scheduled an appointment for 6-3-18 as it was taking quite some time for interior of house to cool. I presumed I needed freon. Mike **, the technician, checked the freon, and it was fully charged. He checked inside the furnace and found condensation on the copper coils. Said that there was NO issue. I was told that he learned in HVAC school that it takes 1-2 hours to drop one degree inside on a hot day. I've owned homes in Palm Springs, CA, and Phoenix, AZ, and it's never taken that amount of time to cool off inside. Currently, I reside in Indianapolis, IN, where there is a humidity factor, however, 1-2 hour cool off period seemed excessive to me. He mentioned my unit, a Trane, was 17 years old, and I may want to think about replacing the entire system in the future. That seemed excessive as well. I spent $89.95 for the service call only to be told there was no issue.

Mike left, and the unit ran for nearly two hours before I turned it off after not reaching the desired temperature of 76 degrees. I checked with a private source who asked if Mike had placed a thermometer at the floor vent, and the answer was no; was told that is a part of the checklist which should have been performed. I called One Hour back, and spoke with David, with whom I scheduled the initial appointment. I explained the problem with the system running and NEVER reaching temperature. He said another tech could be sent, but if there was no problem, I'd have to pay another $89.95, at which point, I said that a thorough inspection was NOT done. I was placed on hold, he checked with a supervisor, and the answer was still the same. I was advised that the manager, Corey, would call back after I requested a callback from management, but it could be the next day before I heard anything.

I disconnected, and got online to attempt to learn what the problem might be, and learned a faulty thermostat could be the issue. Before replacing the thermostat, I decided to replace the two AAA batteries. I was astonished that within 15-20 minutes, the temperature dropped one degree inside. I've been monitoring since, and with the hot humid days, it takes a maximum of 35 minutes of run time to reach desired temperature, a far cry from what Mike had told me. Seems One Hour is more interested in replacing the entire system than learning what the real problem might be. After battery replacement, I called One Hour back to speak with David, however, he wasn't available. I spoke with Belle, and asked her to pass along a message to David and Corey; after new batteries were installed, absolutely no problem with the cool off period, and I didn't require a call back from management. A complete waste of $89.95.

Why was Mike unable to tell me that old or weak batteries might be the problem? Good question, but no answer. I did send a review late last night to One Hour, and expressed my dissatisfaction, and said I should be refunded in full. Today, I received no call from the company. I did advise in my review that when the time comes, I shall not be calling them for a new system. One Hour installed this system in 2001. It seems Mike was more interested in selling/installing a new unit than getting to the root of the problem. I wouldn't recommend One Hour to anyone, and I shan't be using them for future issues. I also would advise those looking for a reputable company to look elsewhere. They are accredited by the BBB, but perhaps the BBB isn't aware of their business practices. My next email is to the BBB...

Original review: June 9, 2018

Bought new air conditioner from One Hour Air 6 years ago, right after they had to replace main radiator, then had to come out on 6 different occasions to weld leaky lines. Last week it stopped working again. They came out on 05-30-18 did repairs, put dye pack in and Freon, an hour ago it stopped working gain. I told them last week I was a Veteran cancer patient. Called today after only a week, and no one will come until Monday. I have had nothing but trouble with this company. I should have fallen under lemon law, but they would not replace a new system, only repair after repair…

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was quoted 70% above reasonable market value for replacement of a residential HVAC system. I challenged the quote and was told it was competitive a number of times. After calling other vendors for the exact same equipment, I realized that doing a little homework saved me $7,000. Don't use this company.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Truly, one of the most professional companies that I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. After installing our new air conditioner (at a great price) we needed a technician to check on the condensation overflow. A technician was sent immediately. He was very courteous to my wife, explained the problem and then fixed the problem at no charge. More service companies should follow the lead of One Hour and put the person before the paycheck. Thank you Ryan and One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Pushy salesman company just out to get my money and overcharge me. First quote for a 92% efficiency furnace with all the bells and whistles he said I would need was over $12000. What a rip off, gave me so much misinformation that when I asked the other people I got quotes from all laughed at the stuff Taylor was telling me we needed for our system. Went with Cass County Heating instead but realistically anyone else was a better choice than One Hour scam pro's. Was at my house for 3.5 hours bragging about his company and trashing everyone else's. It was crazy no one else was here longer than 1.5 hours and they gave good information instead of telling me how bad so and so company was/is.

Do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the reviews from friends and family, get many estimates and you will see how much different the salesperson you get to come over from One Hour instead of the normal people that come over from the other hvac companies that are just looking to help you get a new system. Everyone else's prices were around 6800-7800 for 96% furnaces.

Original review: May 14, 2018

On Sat 11/11/17 One Hour was contacted by my husband as our unit underneath the crawl space was making noises. My husband was advised they would be out within 2-3 hrs. The service tech did not arrive until 5-6 hrs later. After checking the unit he advised the blower motor needed to be replaced & unfortunately if he had arrived a bit sooner he would have been able to go buy the supply house & bit up the part. With that being said, he will have to pick up same on Monday after advising the home office & a service date to install same will be scheduled. This was set up for Wed 11/15/18. My husband called me & advised he received a call advising him of same & provided One Hour with my contact # so I may be available to meet the tech.

I received a call from One Hour advising the tech would be arriving between a 4 hr time span. I work for a law firm & noted I would appreciate it if at all possible if I could receive a call when tech is within 30 min of residence & I will meet. Same tech call advising he was 30 mins away. I left to meet tech, & 1 hr 28 mins later a different tech than the 1 on 11/11/17 arrived, as we were advised orig tech had the flu. 2nd tech arrived at home with no apologies for delay in arrival. He stood on front porch very antsy, shared life's hurdles he has had to overcome [i.e. being born premature & beating the odds (?)]. His cell phone rang repeatedly with a woman's lured photo on it; clearly nonwork related. Finally, advised he would be replacing blower motor. Asked where inside breaker box was located, advised him to go around the back of our home & allowed him inside the back door where same was located.

Tech then went underneath crawl space, sounded as if the underneath of our home was being hammered and torn to pieces. Tech was back/forth to van over 20x; more out than in. Came to back door, advised he would be "wiring a bypass", came back to back door, flip breaker in main breaker panel. I hollered out back door, "I smell something burning." He came out of crawl space later stating that it was the heat strip coming on. He then came to my front door and advise I would probably need an electrician at some time to inspect the wiring of the blower motor. Tech went out to van stated due to the age of our unit we should probably get a new unit. I advised we have regular/routine maintenance performed, & do not need same.

Tech went outside to van for over 2hrs. My husband came home to find tech outside of van kneeling over engage in illicit drug behavior. Tech paid no attention to my husband's presence. Was not until my husband hollered for our son coming up the drive to walk to opposite side of van, as to not see tech's behavior that tech notice my husband. It was then tech stood upright & behaved as if nothing was going on. My husband watched tech for over 2 hrs engaged in illegal behavior, talked on cell phone with female; nothing work related, yet we were charged for "labor". Tech then came back to front door of house with a written proposal for a new 5 ton unit for $13,134.00. At which he was advised, "No thank you." Husband observed tech "beating & hammering" old bracket off of blower motor mount in an attempt to make it fit onto new blower motor. Claims he forgot to pick up same from supplier. Yet we were still being charged for new.

On Thurs 11/16/18, orig tech from 11/11/17 showed up to install blower motor & advised he was told by tech of previous day, we now need a control board as this is now not working. On Wed 11/15/17, I signed INV with my name as well as "TO BE COMPLETED", the tech later filled in the "WORK DONE SECTION" found melted disconnect in crawl, etc, etc. etc. Why is it the first tech found no such thing? BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THERE!!! THAT IS WHY!!! The 2nd tech melted everything when he attempted to wire a bypass incorrectly & blew up everything, causing a fire underneath in our crawl space. The 1st tech NEVER indicated any such problems. Our unit was still running when the tech arrived on 11/11/17, it was simply making a noise, now it does not run at ALL!!!

The orig tech came back on 11/16/17, claims he placed the blower motor in, however we are now missing a control board, as well as the breaker underneath. Our home is charged in the crawl space. It has been 6 mos, since they have destroyed our unit, multiple calls, reports on the tech & each times we've called they claim they have NEVER heard of any report from us.

As of 05/10/17, a service call/repair was finally set up wherein it was approved thru their call center to have a tech come out & repair the damage done/get the unit up & running as we went ALL WINTER with NO HEAT [temps below 0, and now the temps are above 90+ degrees]. My husband receives chemo & I am undergoing biopsies for thyroid cancer & we have 3 children. We were advised a tech would be out sometime after 4:30 PM same day. On same day, Thurs 05/10/18, my husband received a voice mail call from a restricted number, & it was the owner, Chris, Jr, who advised, "After receiving multiple calls from us due to this situation, it would appear to be in everyone's best interest if they severed all ties with us, & referred us to someone else to handle our services."

MIND YOU, they have repeatedly stated they have NEVER received any reports of complaints from us, yet the owner is referring us out due to multiple calls over 6 mos. Basically, we caused problems, broke your unit, our tech was behaving in illicit behaviour on your property, we failed to perform the work contracted, almost burned down your home, were negligent in our duties, so we are going to further overburden you as our customer and renege on our services.

Also, let's not forget, they sold us the monthly insurance for future needs, which we were paying on, & due to the fact they refused to come back & fix what they broke, we refused to make any further payments on the insurance. This was also brought to their attention, which they refused to acknowledge. They stated the insurance would not cover anything that was wrong. (???) THIS COMPANY ENGAGES IN FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR & SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM!!!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased a Amana 6000 air conditioning unit from them 4 years ago with a 10 year parts and labor guarantee with no money out of pocket. The unit failed on April 27 and I called One Hour to come and repair it. When I called them I verified I had the guarantee and they said to just show the tech our paperwork and he'll see. The tech came out and I let him know about our written guaranty and he said we'll talk about it after he diagnosed the unit. He really didn't do anything but looking at the back of it and showing me where it was dirty and said it's leaking there.

So he picked his clipboard up and asked to go into the house to talk. When we sat at the table he told me what he had to do and said "You're really not going to like me" and then quoted me a price of 700 dollars to diagnose it and another 700 to 1000 to fix it. I asked him what about my written guaranty? He said that it's not good any longer because another owner bought the franchise from the old one with no liability. I said I never received any notices about that and in the One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating guarantee doesn't say anything if the old franchise owner should sell my warranty was null and void. I asked to speak to the owner and he said he wouldn't talk to me.

I then asked him to leave my house. Before he left he had the balls to asked me for 89 dollars for a service fee. I asked him if he was serious? He said, "Yes I am." I said, "Tell them to bill me." Before I hired another company I called the office myself. I was transferred to John the office manager who was supposed to help me with my problem because the owner is a silent one. He was very rude and just said my guarantee was not honored and said I can go to anyone I want to but they won't honor it. Really helped us. So before you buy anything from One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning beware of their forked tongue. Very bad customer service. Run away!!! That's all I have to say about them.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I’ve had a terrible experience with this Company... First off, it took them almost an entire week to get the stuff done in the air vents... but the Name of the Company is called One Hour? Very Misleading if you ask me. The workers were rude, showing absolutely no respect towards younger women. Very Disrespectful. One of the workers told me to shut up too, even though they kept going in and out of the house since Sunday, being total nuisances. They treated my Grandma well, but that’s probably because she was old and I still think they were trying to take advantage of her. I put up with my mom’s abuse for three days straight just so they could finish their job. My Grandma forced me out of the house as well... and then I come back after the abuse and they’re STILL coming in and out of the house. Absolutely ridiculous. That will be the last time they will ever show up at the house EVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I called over 32 days ago and still have not received air filters that are extremely important for my furnace. Every week I call for the status of my air filters and every week they tell me they just put it in the mail yesterday and I should receive them shortly. This is obviously a lie. Customer service is filled with a bunch of nasty women with snotty attitude. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I moved in November 21, 2017. The air conditioner stopped working 1 week later. The landlord said the air conditioner was installed in August and was under warranty. 1 Hour Air Conditioning installed the unit so they sent out their technician, Angus. He told me the coil is bad and will have to order it, it should be in in a few days. Before Christmas my company, son and I were finding hard to sleep in 78 deg home. I phoned again, I was told it was on back order, it will be in 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks I was told another 3 weeks. I phoned in 3 weeks later, I was told another 3 weeks... etc. It is now February 15 and this is the same story. The home is 3000 sq. ft. I pay $2700.00 a month, and we are all waking up sweating.

I came home the other night to 80 deg. in the home. I asked for a deduction in my rent last month and was told I could break the lease. It cost me $1800.00 to move in. I have been working 2 jobs, I don't have the time nor the money to move. I finally received a call last week that they would be out today, Tuesday. February 20. between 8-12 PM, I stayed home from work, they never came. I phoned to find out they decided to come tomorrow. It is 81 deg. in my home with temp. going up to 85 deg. today. The humidity is 83%. I phoned back to find out what time tomorrow they would be coming, I was told that they can't come tomorrow, it will be Thursday. 3 months is too long in Florida to go without air conditioning. I have called the head office but they said there is nothing they can do considering it is an interdependent owner. I am lost on what I can do... I am at a loss. This is not the way a warranty should be handled.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating-Fort Worth - Had my HVAC diagnosed by this company. Paid $2,400 for new compressor. Two weeks later the unit quit running and learned the problem was in the air handling unit coils. Looks like I’ll have to take them to small claims court.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This company keeps calling me to schedule their maintenance. I've asked them on 7 different occasions to please take my phone number out of their system and to please contact my husband for these maintenance appts. I've explained that I work at The Mirage and we cannot take phone calls while we are on the clock. Yesterday they called again for the 8th time. I returned the call and asked for a manager. I never gave them my name. The girl I was speaking with couldn't stop giggling and once she composed herself she said "Melinda, what do you want to speak with a manager about?"

Obviously they have caller ID and this is a game to these people. I was placed on hold and another lady came to the phone giggling stating she was a scheduling Manager and asked what I wanted. I replied to cancel our service. She hung up on me and then placed 5 more calls to my number with pre-recorded messages. I don't know how this company stays in business.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had a very poor experience with One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. Their technician was polite but very young and unsure around an older boiler. After calling someone to consult he decided two parts probably needed replaced for a total of around $700 -- and said that one of the parts wasn't in stock. Being Minnesota winter, I wasn't going to wait around an undefined period for heat to be restored. I called a second company and told them what I had been told needed replaced and they said they had the parts in stock so I had them come out. The technician from the second company (with 40 years experience working on boilers) had the heat back on very quickly and found only one inexpensive part in need of replacement, for a total around $160.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We had a new heating and air-conditioning unit placed in the summer 2017. December 2017 and failed. Despite multiple attempts at contacting emergency services advertised by this company there was no response in the middle of the night. This was an emergency with no response.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

On appointment they came to clean and test the heat pump on my roof. One Hour red tagged it and said it was dangerous. Wanted to sell me a new unit made in China for $8000. I got a second opinion. This company took photos, said there is nothing wrong and turned on my heat pump. Turns out One Hour puts their employees on commission for selling parts and new units. Previous to this they ripped me off $900 for cleaning a coil that took only 10 minutes. You form the opinion... I say never do business with Pitzer's One Hour or you will regret it. This firm is located in Prescott Valley in AZ. (PS I still have the photos.)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I called One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning to come out and repair my air conditioning system. I paid a diagnostic fee of $80.00. The technician did the diagnostic and gave a list of parts that need to be replaced. After replacing these parts, at a cost of $749.00 he tells me that I need a new compressor and that it will take 24 to 48 hours before a manager can contact me. Out $749.00 for parts to a compressor that was bad for the beginning. No compressor, no call from a manager.

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in Pennsylvania, One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning offers heating and air conditioning installation and repair services throughout Lancaster, York, Daupin, Cumberland, Berks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties. For repairs, installation and maintenance, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers quick response times, with 24/7 service available. The company provides both an on-time guarantee and a satisfaction guarantee for its services.

• On-time guarantee: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning prides itself on timeliness. You will be given a one-hour window in which the service person will arrive and if they are one minute or more late, the company offers free service to make up for the lateness.

• U-WIN endorsed: U-Win is an independent, contractor endorsing agency. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is endorsed by U-Win, which means they have passed drug tests and background checks and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally; if a consumer complains about technician behavior, the company pays for the service itself.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally and leave the home in the same condition it was when they arrived. If a consumer complains about technician behavior, the service is free.

• Offers in-depth product reviews: Product reviews can help users determine which heating and cooling products and services to order. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers reviews on its website, making it simple for you to choose what you need.

• Best for: homeowners and landlords.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs