One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

• 2%
  • 10%
  • 40%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2024

I am a woman over 65 and recently scheduled several vendors to provide quotes for replacing the furnace in my ranch home. The furnace was located in a complicated attic space, making it challenging to replace. As a result, I received a wide range of quotes. One Hour was the only vendor comfortable with the job, and they offered a very competitive price for a better system. Their team completed the entire replacement promptly. Additionally, someone from their office called a month later to confirm that my system was working well and that I am satisfied with their product and service. I highly recommend this vendor for their understanding of customer needs and excellent service.

Staff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

Manuel ** was thorough, transparent, and very careful in his work for us. Not only did he fix the current AC problem, but took steps to go through each detail of what was working on our system and what needed fixing after another company cut corners. We will request Manuel for all future work!

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 8, 2024

I have had service with other air conditioning companies and none have been more responsive or professional than One Hour Heating and Air. I am really and truly a legitimate customer so please know that these comments are the absolute truth, based on my experience with them. They really do a good job from start to finish. I bought their maintenance plan about 2 years ago which was reasonably priced and very necessary in Florida due to the type of weather we have. Since my initial visit with them, I have remained impressed with their service. They call you when your service is due and work with your schedule to get the job done. Their HVAC guys are all super professional, friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and I can't say enough about that!

Last night I had an emergency AC event where my unit just abruptly stopped working. I called their emergency number because they actually have someone ON CALL! I can't even get that kind of service from my dentist's office! When John arrived at my home he diagnosed the problem in literally seconds, got to work, and was in and out so quickly I only had time to watch a tiny bit of my Netflix show! Plus the fact that he explained what the problem was and advised me about scheduling my next maintenance shows shows caring and respect. They do not GOUGE you, either, and do QUALITY work! They are truly a gift to the South Florida area! Put them to the test and see for yourself...you will say, "Oh, that lady was right! They ARE the BEST!" Thank you John!....and thank you One Hour Heating and Air!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Pasco County Tech Scott came one Saturday for 6 month maintenance. He was punctual, professional, and thorough. After which he asked the question if there was anything that needed to be addressed to which I once more complained about hot spots since the thermostat was moved from hallway to living room. He investigated both walking around my home to checking the ductwork in the attic. He agreed the thermostat should return to the hallway. He contacted his boss, conversed with me what needed to be done and got to work. Thank you so very much Scott for going above and beyond to ensure my family's comfort and satisfaction with this company.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

Our HVAC went out the day prior to our home inspection. This could have destroyed our sale! One Hour was the 3rd & ONLY company to return our call. Joe showed up with a great attitude (even though it was Easter Sunday). He was very thorough, explained everything and took pride in his work (like people did years ago!). Thankfully, the unit only needs a couple small repairs (he showed us pictures of the parts to replace) & he saved our sale! Thank you One Hour!!!! Glad to know you service the area we are relocating to!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

In July of 2022 we had several people out to quote us for a new AC for our home. Ultimately, we went with One Hour and were initially satisfied with the service, the unit, and the additional service plan that we purchased. On Sunday, June 23rd, my husband noticed a drip coming from the ceiling in one of the bedrooms. Upon further inspection, he found that the copper line in the attic was leaking.

We immediately called One Hour to come out and fix it. They came out the next day, Monday, June 24th, and their technician, Michael, said that the insulation around the copper line was old and disintegrating, and had not been replaced when we got the new unit. He fixed the part that was dripping, but by that point, much of the insulation we had blown into the attic in December of 2023 in that area was decimated and there were several cracks in the ceiling due to the water damage from the leaking line. Michael confirmed that the insulation on the line should have been replaced with the installation of the new unit. When we inquired about their process to fix the ceiling, Michael shared that his supervisor told him to tell us to claim it on our homeowner’s insurance.

Not satisfied with this answer, we reached out multiple times to speak with a manager. After waiting Monday evening, and all-day Tuesday, we were finally able to reach a manager on Wednesday, June 26th who was available to come out on Friday, June 28th. The manager, Carl, showed up at our house an hour past the scheduled appointment time. We explained to him the situation and what Michael found, and we told him we just wanted One Hour to make our ceiling right since the problem was due to incomplete installation. We also explained that we subscribe to the company’s service plan and at least two, if not three, additional technicians have been in our attic, on schedule, to inspect and service our unit and its parts, and no one has ever brought this to our attention, leading us to believe that we have been receiving incomplete inspections.

The manager looked at the damage to the ceiling as well as the copper line that was dripping and made notes. The manager argued that replacing the line insulation is not part of the installation of a new AC unit, but as consumers, my husband and I aren’t sure why that is the case. Additionally, we can’t figure out why no one ever brought to our attention that the insulation looks corroded and needs replacing even if it’s not part of the new install. We would have had One Hour replace it, no problem, but we didn’t know it wasn’t replaced at the time of the new unit install, and for the past almost two years, we have trusted that the technicians we have over to service the unit are checking everything and reporting back to us what needs attention. They certainly tell us when we need a new air filter.

We heard back from Carl, the manager, today and he said they will not be providing any compensation to repair the ceiling, which since his visit with us last Friday has gotten worse and looks like it is about to fall in. We trusted this company as AC experts and not only did they fail us when it came to a complete install, but they have also failed us in terms of making the incomplete install right. This is distressing as all we wanted was for them to take accountability for their mistake and compensate us for the damages. We didn’t want to leave a negative review, we didn’t want to cancel our service plan with them, we didn’t want to take them to court, but they are forcing our hand by not righting the situation.

We understand that mistakes happen and if One Hour had stepped up to the plate and taken care of us, we would recommend them; however, because they have denied accountability and refused to offer compensation to correct the damage, we regret doing business with them from the start and do not recommend their services.

Staff

Reviewed July 1, 2024

My name is Ms. **. I really appreciate Troy **. He was friendly and patient. He explained what needed to be done to get my A/C back running again and he provided information to keep it running. He was a big help and I felt he genuinely wanted to provide great service. Thanks Troy.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed June 30, 2024

Knowing upfront I would be charged $89.00 for the service of installing a thermostat but not knowing how much it would cost installing a wifi thermostat which didn't take only 1/2 hour, $141.00 is not what I was expecting. Saying no I would have to search for another company not charging as much. Their customer service was trying to pressure me to get a yearly subscription in the amount of $ 249.00 to lower my cost of the installation and not get charged the $89.00 which I wasn't going to get the subscription being that I didn't need any further work in the near future other than installation of the thermostat. I feel $75.00 would be appropriate along with charging me the $89.00 service cost if you are a BBB K. I am entering a complaint.. And the complaint will be for both for no receipt emailed to me and the overpricing of the installation.

Your website states "StraightForward Pricing® Guide. Before we start any work, we discuss your available options so you know exactly what you are getting and how much it will cost. No hidden fees!" What should of happened is representative scheduling the installation appointment told what the additional charge would be over and above the Service charge of $89.00. They told me the technician will charge me what the cost is to install a thermostat above the $89.00 service charge. I didn't know that I would be charged $141.00. Not Pleased.

MaryLou

Reviewed June 14, 2024

Not an honest company. Tried to Talk me into replacing the unit. Called another company, $45 part, it was fixed. Wouldn't trust them to fix anything in my home just just plain crooked. Better off going with your Hometown people. Somebody stays in your community!!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaffReliability

Reviewed June 6, 2024

One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning -what a joke! I would give them a 0 rating! I would never recommend this company to anyone. I had an electric furnace and air conditioner installed in August of 2016. At first the company was okay to deal with but in 2020 it changed. I belonged to their Comfort Club which I paid a fee for each month. Supposedly you had preference over other customers for making appointments for service and repairs. They sent technicians to my house that weren't qualified in my opinion. The one technician asked me where the pilot light was at on my electric furnace. I even knew that there was no pilot light on an electric furnace!

If you called for service they would give you appointments anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months out. The one technician told me they were buying up other companies and didn't have the manpower to handle the workload. In September of last year my compressor went and when I called them it took 1 week for the technician to come to my house and diagnose the issue and another week for them to come out and install the new compressor. The weather was in the 80's and my house temperature was in the 80's! Then in January this year we had temperatures in the single digits and my furnace went. When I called they said they could be there in 10 days!! I called another company and they were at my house in 3 hours. I dropped the Comfort Club after that!

The same company that fixed my furnace came out in the beginning of May because One Hour couldn't come out until June 25 for an air conditioner tune up. The reputable company found that the compressor that was installed in October of 2023 was bad. So I made the best decision of my life and had the reputable company take out the piece of crap furnace and air conditioner and install a brand new one. When I called One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning to voice my complaints I talked to Ali for a little over 5 minutes and wanted to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold for over 25 minutes of dead silence and hung up in frustration. I called right back and Alyssa connected me to her supervisor Mikayla in minutes. Mikayla basically called me a liar and said I wasn't on hold that long!! I was a customer and to be treated like that really made me mad. Again, this company is horrible to deal with-unqualified employees and unreliable products!!

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning author review by Shawn Bayless

Based in Pennsylvania, One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning offers heating and air conditioning installation and repair services throughout Lancaster, York, Daupin, Cumberland, Berks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties. For repairs, installation and maintenance, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers quick response times, with 24/7 service available. The company provides both an on-time guarantee and a satisfaction guarantee for its services.

• On-time guarantee: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning prides itself on timeliness. You will be given a one-hour window in which the service person will arrive and if they are one minute or more late, the company offers free service to make up for the lateness.

• U-WIN endorsed: U-Win is an independent, contractor endorsing agency. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is endorsed by U-Win, which means they have passed drug tests and background checks and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally; if a consumer complains about technician behavior, the company pays for the service itself.

• Technicians held to high standards: Technicians are expected to behave professionally and leave the home in the same condition it was when they arrived. If a consumer complains about technician behavior, the service is free.

• Offers in-depth product reviews: Product reviews can help users determine which heating and cooling products and services to order. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers reviews on its website, making it simple for you to choose what you need.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Advisor

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Company Information