5.0(4)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Ned's Home

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning, a recognized leader in exterior home services since 1965, officially has transformed into Ned's Home, presenting an extensive range of services designed to meet increasingly diverse home and commercial maintenance needs.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Tick and mosquito protection
  • Exterior home cleaning services
  • Gutter cleaning services
  • Fully licensed specialists
Cons
  • Only available in 13 states
  • No pricing available online

How Ned’s Home works

Ned's Home provides a selection of outdoor home services. While it specializes in gutter cleaning, it also offers a variety of other outdoor treatments like pest control, home exterior cleaning, underground drain snaking, dryer vent cleaning, chimney cap installation and ice damming.

At this time, the company website provides limited information about the service plan's frequency and price, and we had difficulty reaching a customer service representative to learn more.

Ned's Home pest control

Ned’s pest control division focuses on tackling only mosquito and tick control for Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia. It offers both conventional and 100% organic treatments through barrier protection, and you can sign up for one-off or year-round treatment plans.

Ned’s Home gutter services

Ned's Home offers gutter installation, cleaning, repair and replacement. It also sells gutter guards, seamless gutters and a gutter protection plan called Ned Stevens Gutter Protection.

The protection plan will repair or replace your gutters if they are damaged after you start your contract. It’s important to note that the gutter plan only covers gutters installed by Ned’s Home. When you get gutters installed, Ned’s Home guarantees all materials for 20 years and workmanship for one year.

Ned’s Home exterior home cleaning

Its exterior cleaning services include deck, fence, roof, siding, walkway and window cleanings. The company features “softwash” technology, which it claims is less damaging than pressure washing and has a “100% kill ratio on bacteria.” It also offers power washing services, which are supposed to kill more bacteria and fungi than pressure washing.

Other services from Ned’s Home

In addition to gutter work, exterior cleaning and pest control, the company also offers:

• Underground drain snaking
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Chimney cap installation
  • Lawn treatment
  • Ice damming removal

How to get services from Ned's Home

You can book pest control services online or by calling the company directly. Appointments can be easily scheduled and managed online. You will need to set up an account with the company to book through the website. To set up your account, you’ll provide the information below:

• Contact information
  • Home address
  • Other home information, including square footage and roof material

Ned's Home costs

Ned's Home doesn’t share its prices online, so you must contact the company directly for more information. ConsumerAffairs researchers found that gutter cleaning services start at $139.

According to the company website, customers who sign up for full-season pest treatments receive discounted pricing, but it’s unclear what the discount amount is. It’s worth noting that it’s not unusual for companies to offer discounts on repeat services because the technicians don’t have to do as much work (i.e., they don’t have to start from scratch each time).

FAQ

Where is Ned's Home available?

Ned's Home's home services are available in 16 states, but its pest control services are only available in Washington, D.C., and the following 13 locations:

• Delaware
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington
Is Ned's Home legit?

As of publishing, Ned's Home appears to be a legitimate gutter cleaning company that has been in business since 1965.

What happened to Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning?

The company is now called Ned’s Home. It still offers the same services, along with some new ones. According to the company, the current pricing for customers has not changed.

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ned's Home?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ned's Home?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Overall great experience from start to finish. When I called in my front left gutter was overflowing and I was getting water into my basement. They came out cleaned the gutter and found a problem, the next day they were out and installed a brand new gutter. Since the installation, I have had no water in my basement. Thank you so much Ned!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I had them do gutter cleaning and dryer vent cleaning and it went well. It seemed like they did a good job and they showed up when they were supposed to. Also, they didn't waste any time and got the job done fairly quickly. On the dry vent cleaning, they showed up days earlier than they said they would, which is good but if I were planning on being out, they could have showed up and I wouldn't have been home. But they were easy to communicate with. I'd recommend them. The quality of work seems good and they were reasonably priced.

Pinned

Thank you for your review Tom! We really appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Great experience with their Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning division. They cleaned my gutters and fixed a section that had minor damage. I no longer have an issue with overflowing water and the gutters look much nicer.

Pinned

Thank you for your review Chris!

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Ned's Home cleaned my gutters and they put in new ones a couple of weeks ago because the old ones were starting to lean away from the house. They did a good job and they were pretty complete in explaining the process to me. I have no complaints and my new gutters look good.

Pinned

Thank you very much for your review, Charles! We appreciate your feedback.

Ned's Home Company Information