2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Compare Movers

Mile High Van Lines has a team of professionals equipped to handle an array of services including packing, loading, transporting, and unloading services. Whether you need a long distance move for residential or commercial purposes, Mile High Van Lines' mission is to provide the highest level of service. There will be a dedicated moving consultant during your entire moving journey to ensure the experience is stress-free with no hidden costs. Call an expert today for your free quote!

Mile High Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Arrived late, delivered late, lost or stole 20% of our stuff, does not follow up. Basically, they just don’t care! I’ve been trying to deal with them and insurance for the past 7 weeks since we moved in. My wife’s great Grandmother's dining room rug was one item that never arrived. She’s been crying pretty much ever since. Most of my clothes never made it. According to their insurance I’ll get about one nickel for each item. That is if they ever pay a dime! Moving is stressful enough. We did not need Mile High to make it so much worse!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have the need to right a review because the work that's is so uncomfortable as moving to one state to another was actually comfortable with this company. First I talked to customer service and the service was excellent and precise. The came on time and the in the next few hours my apartment was empty and ready to leave. Then they continue to dispatch my thing in the new location with the same efficiency. Very pleased with the whole process.

Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a such a nice review!

We appreciate your business and are happy that you're happy!

~Mile High Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

If you are considering to moving anytime you can easily consider this company for the task. This High Mile company made my moving experience and easy one. The customer support team were professional and made happened every quest I asked when making our deal. Sasha and Manuel (the movers) were very respectful and professional. Quickly organized and wrapped all of our things and also helps us to unpack our furniture in our new home. Nice job.

Aleannes,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your business.

~Mile High Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We used Mile high van lines as our relocation specialists from Denver to Chicago. We had a lot of items that needed to be moved, crew were great helpful and very professional, quick delivery, very polite movers. Great service. highly recommend!

Vadim,

~Mile High Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I was scammed by this company. BEWARE. They will quote you an extremely low price and have you make a down payment, and when they come out to pick up your things will raise the price by double or more, or take your things and then raise the price while holding your things ransom.

Carol,

We are sorry you feel this way. All of the revisions were made prior to us started the work. Feel free to contact us so we can remedy the situation..

~Mile High Van Lines

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mile High Van Lines?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Absolutely horrible. Charged double what was quoted. Was told my stuff would arrive in 3-5 days... Took 11. Almost every piece of furniture arrived damaged and scratched. Office desk completely broken in half. Many boxes smashed and items in pieces. TV cracked and broken. Over $1000 in power tools missing or stolen. The movers damaged a wall in new house when bringing in a dresser. The "customer service manager" is completely unreliable and unhelpful. Gave me a website to file my claim only to have the headache of trying to get assistance from someone there because their email links do not work and say, "We only respond to emails" when you call them. Spoke direct with the Company about getting compensation for the damage/stolen items, they made a commitment to to come to an agreement by a set date and we have not heard back. This moving process was an actual nightmare. Don't walk, run from this moving company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Steer clear of this business. If there was such thing as a negative review star rating, I would give it. They are dishonest and will flat out lie to you or not communicate at all. Some of their movers are not professional movers and are hired off Craigslist. Quote was grossly underestimated; final price was significantly higher (even though I had a picture of my belongings in a storage locker and a very detailed inventory that included sizes and weights of my furniture and number/sizes of boxes (thanks to another moving company that packed my things and put in storage)). They also tacked on a 4% credit card processing fee when final payment was due; processing fee was never mentioned on the phone or in the contract. They also gave me incorrect information over the phone (information that differed from language in the contract); obviously to get me to sign up for their services.

This company will not communicate with you throughout your out-of-state move process, and if you have missing/damaged items, they will not assist you other than to send you a link on where to file a claim; you will be left hung out to dry. You will not have any sort of idea of when your things will arrive; they will call you the day before (no earlier heads up), and if you are out of town or have other commitments, you will be out of luck.

True professional movers know how to transport items correctly. Their movers are not professional movers. One mover who loaded my things onto the truck in Denver was asked how long he had been working for the company; his response was that he was hired from craigslist. HIRED FROM CRAIGSLIST. If I wanted cheap, unbonded and uninsured movers with a risk of things being damaged and/or missing, I would have saved myself thousands by renting my own truck and hiring craigslist movers in both locations.

I moved out of state from Colorado, and had my things not been packed/wrapped by professional movers from another moving company (VIP Moving & Storage – the BEST movers and packers in Colorado, who unfortunately don’t do out of state moves), I believe virtually everything would have been damaged beyond repair. Upon arrival at my destination, the company in Denver had not even been in contact with their local movers driving the 18-wheeler (local movers were employed by the company and not hired on CL, thankfully – however, that did not mean they were professional movers).

The local movers (while super nice) had no idea that their 18-wheeler would not fit at the drop off location and that I paid an additional $833 for my items to be transported to a smaller truck and then delivered to the drop off location (zero communication with the local office in Denver; though the shuttle service was also clearly shown on the contract that the local movers were in possession of). They were supposed to unwrap all of my professionally-wrapped furniture before leaving (even confirmed this upon arrival); they instead only unwrapped the bed and left my new place with boxes haphazardly piled high to the ceiling and no room to walk anywhere. They also dumped clearly and largely marked FRAGILE boxes on the floor and piled other heavy boxes on top.

In order to get my <2 year old $6000 custom leather sofa through the door, they jammed it back and forth through the doorframe, over and over again until they finally got it through, damaging a wall (the sofa could have easily been brought in either through either set of patio doors or by tilting it partially vertical and going through the front door – professional movers would have known this); thank goodness VIP Moving & Storage wrapped it with many layers of moving blankets or the sofa would have been damaged.

They also treated my upright treadmill like it was a plastic toy; lifting it up over a curb and slamming it down like it was rubber and couldn’t be damaged in any way (this is really how they moved everything – tossing things about with zero care in the world). I was lucky in that only a few things were damaged or missing (when I sent a list of missing items to Eliza **, she almost immediately responded that no one had found my items – my question in reply was how was anyone able to search for my items when I just sent the list a few minutes earlier? She never responded).

• $5000/170lb solid wood dining table (matching chairs not included in the cost of the table). Instead of transporting it upright on all four legs (or upside down on top of another table), they transported it vertical, resting all 170lbs on two legs in the rear of the semi for the 2 day/1000+ mile trip (my items were last to be packed on the trailer and first to be unloaded, so they bounced around more than if they had been in the front of the trailer next to the cab). All four legs are warped because in addition to 170lbs bouncing on two of the legs for 2+ days, the movers crammed boxes and other things around the other two legs. A professional furniture repairman has been unable to fix the solid wood legs; they are warped from the table being transported incorrectly.

• 200lb tanning bed. Instead of transporting it horizontal on all four legs, they transported it vertical, resting all 200lbs on a hinge that was damaged (which then caused damage to the main unit, including bulbs that no longer work) and is beyond repair.

• Fireplace media console. Transported upside down, causing the crystals to fall out of the fireplace containment and scratch the wood and glass doors. The glass doors also came unhinged because the hinges were slightly bent from transporting the unit incorrectly, but that was a relatively easy fix (though the metal frame hinges are still bent). Had the fireplace media console not been professional wrapped with moving blankets, the crystals would have spilled out, possibly causing damage to someone else’s items in the same truck.

They also left me with 7 heavy boxes of someone else’s belongings. When I told the local movers that two blue placemats resting on top of some of my things weren’t mine, they insisted that they were mine because they were with my stuff. As they were unpacking the truck, I told them that some of the boxes did not look like mine. They insisted that everything on the truck was mine. After they left and I went through everything, I discovered the 7 boxes; 7 boxes that did not contain the same yellow sticker as all of my items. When I contacted the company to let them know that 7 boxes left with me were not mine, they either did not respond or said they would look into it.

• I emailed this moving company 12 times over a 2+ month period, asking if they could locate the owner of the boxes. I didn’t care if it was 7 boxes of trash –someone wanted their stuff back, and it was this moving company’s duty to find the owner.

• I posted an ad on craigslist in Colorado to no avail. The ad included pictures of the boxes. I received several responses from very upset customers of this moving company, asking if their items were in the boxes (they were not); saying that the moving company “lost” some of their boxes (boxes with game systems and other expensive items) and never responded to their inquiries.

• I eventually found a prescription in one of the boxes with a name on it. Of the 12 times I emailed the moving company, they responded only twice; one of those times telling me that the name on the prescription was their client that they moved to another state and they would get back to me the next day. They never followed up. In fact, every single time I emailed them since then, they did not respond. Why wouldn’t a moving company want to do everything they could to return items to one of their clients?

• Since this moving company did not want to do the right thing, I paid for a background search to find the owner of the boxes. Because the owner had just moved out of state, I was only able to get her old address and landline number in Colorado. I paid for more background searches of the family members associated with her, hoping to find this woman. After exhausting all old addresses and telephone numbers, I was able to Google search her family members and found a relative on LinkedIn. I left a message for that relative at the employer listed in the profile (if the profile had not been public, I wouldn’t have been able to see the employer). The relative gave my message to the client, and I was able to send the client her 7 boxes via UPS – NO THANKS TO THIS MOVING COMPANY, who had this woman’s cell phone number and email address. It turns out that some of the boxes contained very expensive prescription medications and healthcare products. That client told me that she had asked the moving company about her missing boxes for two months. The moving company eventually told her that they believed that they located her boxes in California and never followed up after that. Like me, she repeatedly contacted this company with no response. When she contacted them one final time to ask the status of her boxes in California, Eliza ** told her that they thought the boxes in California were hers, but they turned out to be someone else’s boxes. BLATANT LIE. This woman also had virtually everything damaged by the moving company, and many boxes of expensive items missing. She also asked a couple of movers if they were employed by the company, and a couple of them told her they had been hired off craigslist.

If you want an honest, reputable moving company with customer service and professional movers who care, steer clear of this company.

J S,

We're sorry you feel this way. I can't seem to locate your file anywhere in the database. Please feel free to contact us so we can discuss making this right.

~Mile High Van Lines

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They showed up over 7 hours late to pickup our stuff. We were supposed to leave that day but could not because they didn't finish until nearly midnight. They took three weeks after our agreed upon drop off time to get us our things and once they did....wow. Everything, literally everything was damaged in some way. I'm estimating $10k in damages. My wife came home from work while we were off loading the truck and started to cry immediately. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

It has been 5 months since my home and life were loaded onto a truck. I have lived in my new home on the opposite side of the country for over 4 months and it is still empty. The movers who picked up my items immediately wanted more money for loading "because your quote is wrong, you have too much stuff". The mover who delivered the load immediately wanted more money to unload. After 2 hours of arguing about it my items were taken to a storage unit. 4 months later, untold hours spent calling and trying to get answers, leaving messages, text messages and voice mails...I still do not have my delivery, answers, or a final invoice. All while racking up unknown storage fees each month. Through multiple calls I have been told my items are missing, my items were delivered, my items were tossed on the side of the road by an angry truck driver, my items are in storage though they cannot confirm the location...

I have been trying to resolve this since June. Find my delivery, get a invoice, get confirmation that they have possession of my items, any solid answer. But always with the same results. IF somebody returns my calls or takes my calls I am told "...I will need to look into this or someone will have to call you back because there will be additional fees involved". I have even been told that "...due to the length of time that has passed nobody really cares about helping you resolve this matter". Seriously?

When I finally received an "adjusted" invoice on August 7th it was $2925, almost double my previous final balance of $1525 from May 16th! There were over $1387 in charges and fees added and they were not giving me credit for the $500 payment I made to the delivery driver in May. I immediately tried calling them (within minutes of receiving the invoice via text) and nobody has ever returned my call or any of the calls I have made since. That was a month ago. I still do not have my items and most likely have another $400 charge for storage.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Great customer service very professional. Always very responsive and will be there for you to make sure their service will meet all your expectations. The BEST in this business. Thank you very much for your work. You guys are great.

Yuliya,

Thank you so much for the positive review!

If you ever need movers again, you know who to call!

Mile High Van Lines Company Information