2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

3.9/5 (272 ratings)

About LGI Homes

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

Pros

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

Cons

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: July 30, 2020

My real estate agent found LGI. I know how cheap the houses are made, so that didn't impress me but it was affordable. I’m retired so I’m on a fixed income. There a few things I would design different in here, but besides that, it’s fine. I was living with my girlfriend and she more welcomed me and I had a good time there, but I felt like I was getting in the way.

My bedroom suite would not fit in. The master bedroom’s very small. A queen bed and a nightstand are all that could fit in there. The dresser’s in the other room. Also, there's really no good place for a kitchen table, but I'll find something that’ll fit. I got a China cabinet I gotta get out here. I hope my granddaughter's gonna take it.

I loved Tiana. She was absolutely fabulous, and me and her got along really well, but since I’ve moved in, I have heard nothing on the repairs that I put down on the page. My chimney guy cannot hook up my Xfinity because the line that runs through there is clogged up. I was talking to my neighbor last night and she said she talked to Grayson, who's our guy that takes care of things around here and the guy who walked me through the house. I went to the office this morning and I asked if they could get a hold of Grayson, and I was supposed to hear from him. I'm a little disappointed with the service after I bought the home. I moved in July 21st and I got an HD antenna, so I can have a few stations on the TV. I have a brand new computer, but I have no internet service and no TV service except for my HD antenna, which, thank God, is something. I was sitting here going crazy.

I know they kept the price low, but they didn't put any towel holders except in the downstairs half bath. I got two full baths upstairs without a hand-towel holder. I bought two, but I gotta get somebody to come over here and come in because I don't have electric drills to put them in with. I didn't notice it when I was looking through it.

Then my cabinets are two different colors and they said they would take care of it, but I haven't heard anything on that either. The corner one is darker than the front cabinets and you can see them about this time of day, but the rest of the day, you don't really notice it. The sun comes in the afternoon in the backside where the kitchen is, and that's when you really notice. It’s definitely two colors. It's darker in the corner and lighter than the rest of them. But I didn't care if they painted them. Also, I got a scratch on the mirror. They said they’d replace that, and I haven't heard anything on that. Apparently the cabinet makers on this one is not who they're using now because they had an issue with that.

LGI Homes response

Hi Vicki, we appreciate your feedback. Please be sure to file a warranty claim for the items you have found on the online portal. We are experiencing some delays in getting some items resolved due to COVID, but we will review the claims as soon as we can.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I had done some research on LGI and they were the best way for me to go being a first time homeowner with low closing cost which is the reason why in the past I've hesitated to purchase a home. With the minimum 3.5% downpayment that usually most places require, LGI did help with not having to come up with too much money up front. Financially, it was the best thing for me at the moment. They communicated with me very well. If I had any questions, I asked and they answered clearly and enough for me to understand everything during the process. I didn't have any issues whatsoever with them.

Besides the home being brand new, I like the warranty that kicks in for about a year. It makes me feel a little more comfortable. I really like the space. The floor plan that I chose was the best one for me and for the future as well. The quality is good so far. I'm aware most houses are all built the same but I do like the finishing. I don't feel like anything was cheaply made. I do feel comfortable with the material that were used and how it looked.

LGI Homes response

Hi Alejandro, thank you for the review! We love helping first time buyers and are happy we were able to help you. We are proud of the quality of our homes and love hearing that you appreciate what was included. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 29, 2020

We were renters and we had some dear kind neighbors who are like family to us in our old subdivision. They sprung LGI onto us one Friday evening and said that they bought a house. When we went and saw the new house, they got the master key to all the model homes. My husband and I went through all the homes and we fell madly in love with the one that we moved into. They gave us Sunny's phone number and we called her. We asked her if she could be available to speak with us and show us the house called The Leland. She said they had one left. We came on over and saw it. Right with her, she was part of the package. She was so sweet, kind, understanding and helpful. Then we got back into the office and we told her we were trying to figure out how to get out of our lease. She was very helpful in that. She said it's a Texas law that if you are buying a home, you're allowed to break your lease if you gave a 60-day notice.

We wrote a $1,000 check and put the deposit down on the house. The following Wednesday, we met with Heath, the mortgage financial gentleman. Once again, he was an asset to the company. He was very kind and polite. He got things done. He gave us a list of things to do. You have to have your finances in order and make sure what they ask you to bring, you bring. If you don't show up with the two-year pay stubs or if you don't show up with your financials, you get a little frustrated. But they tell you exactly what you need to know so follow instructions. The following week, they got us in even 3 days earlier than our closing date. We just finished moving in Sunday and we love the subdivision. We love the construction manager who came around and showed us the home before we moved in. We checked all the windows, all the appliances, all the numbers, and it was a very thorough and easy process.

This is my husband's first home and my second home. I've heard nightmares with people but this was a piece of cake. It was a great experience. They answered any other questions. Sunny and Heath have gone a little bit up and beyond since we've moved in. I have a cat and he used to run in our old streets for three years. Now we're in a new home, he's escaped twice. I've had to go into the drainage and get him out. I even called Sunny to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules for the subdivision, moving the plate. She immediately said, "Let me call Hunter. Let me get him over there and let him help you." He showed up within five minutes and helped.

The whole staff that LGI has at this community is exceptional. Another one of the sales representatives is our other neighbor. He's one, two houses down from us so that was a very big bonus that they have even some of their employees living in this subdivision. If you sold that house to that neighbor and that neighbor may be coming over your house every darn day knocking on your door, you wanna make sure that you're moving into a good place where the people you're selling the house to are very happy, just as happy as you are. That was a big bonus for us too. We're really happy we got the property and the land. We have a German Shepherd puppy and she runs and runs and runs and plays. We love our house and the experience. I've already recommended this community to two of my people at my office.

LGI Homes response

Hi Cyndie, thank you for the kind review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed working with our team and that the process was smooth for you. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I was looking for a house to rent online and saw LGI. I wanted a new home for the warranty and prices. I like that everything’s new. You don’t have to worry about fixing anything. I put my name to see if I was able to purchase a house ‘cause I’ve been wanting to for a long time, and it worked out for me. I was happy. The rep that walked me through the house was Daniel and he was a real good guy. He had high energy. The quality of the house is great. It's much better than some of the ones that we had before. I love it. I already feel more positively. The community is nice so far and everything seems to be going well. It’s quiet and everybody just kinda barbecues during the weekends. If others are looking for a house, LGI is probably the best place to go.

LGI Homes response

Hi Matthew, thank you for the review. We are excited that we were able to help you make your dream of homeownership come true. Congratulations!

Original review: July 28, 2020

The first thing I would say is that LGI is 100,000 less compared to whatever builders are out here. That's a big difference. Number two is craftsmanship. They did a good job when they did the house, including the design. Three is the value of what I'm paying for. Everything is worth it. I have no problem with the buying part, but the customer service if something's wrong in the house is a problem. I work in a construction too, so I see what's up with things. The little stuff with the house has been a back and forth issue to where I want to get them fixed, but I have to find the supervisor to get it done.

From the walkthrough, I already got a problem with the landscape. It looked like there was a leak to where the landscaping is because I could see a water spot. That was resolved, but now, there's a dead plant and I’m not getting my answer. They text back, but it's like talking to the wall. There's also a problem with the painting on the side of the house outside. They said that it was because of the rain, but I know now I'm done fixing the backyard and we got all the gravel. Even if it rained, there’s not gonna be a problem.

LGI Homes response

Hi Arnold, we appreciate your review. We are proud to offer quality, affordable new construction homes and are happy that you appreciate the design and value of the home. We are glad that your problems are getting resolved and appreciate your feedback about the process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 28, 2020

My brother found LGI on Craigslist. I went with them and the process took about a month. They did a great job from start to finish. The community is nice and quiet. We have a neighborhood trail and everything around it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Dawn, thank you for the review! We are happy that you are enjoying your home and the community.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I liked the way LGI presented and that made homebuying easier. The lady I talked to was real direct and had a lot of information. She was nice and she made us comfortable with the information she had. And she didn't tell us what we were looking for. She went through our options of different homes and things like that. The home I got is a real quality home although we still got some issues that we gotta take care of, like the air on one side of the house is cooler than the other one. Also, the community is nice and quiet. LGI is a wonderful company to work with, trying to buy a new home. They give detail and they explain everything needed to know about buying a new home. They don't leave anything out.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you felt the process was simple and that we provided all the information you needed. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 27, 2020

We were shopping for homes and the house from LGI came up. It met the requirements we were looking for and everything with the rep was good. It was a unique experience. We had a longer process ‘cause we were buying from out of state but everything's nice and new. I've only been in for a couple days but I’ve walked around and everything looks great from my standpoint. There are some things here in there that might need to be tweaked, but that's nothing major. Nothing is a deal breaker.

LGI Homes response

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Farnon! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: July 26, 2020

The purchase process with LGI was absolutely terrible. I had to send stuff to their rep 10 times and my closing kept getting pushed. Finally, I got ahold of his manager and he said the rep didn’t know how to open up attachments and would never respond. To get a response, I would have to call the Realtor and have the Realtor call them. Also, I’m using a VA home loan. I have zero down. They said if I use it with them, they would give me a lower downpayment. Then, I found out they did an FHA instead of the VA. I ended up having to put 10,000 down. They said my interest rate is lower and I would pay less for the loan. But I found out a week after I closed that that was a lie. I paid more using LGI and got the crappier insurance with them.

They lied every step of the way. I went through the house when the builder walked through 14 days before I moved in and they told me all the issues will be fixed. I put blue tape on the walls for all the paint mess-ups and the holes. I moved in 14 days later and the blue tape is still sitting there, nothing's been touched. The kitchen sink doesn't work. I had to hire a plumber to come out and fix it, to find out that they got the hot and the cold backwards, and they completely capped off the cold, but it wasn't ever gonna work. Then, I had to replace the dishwasher because the dishwasher would never turn on. It had no power. There was an electrical code issue that I had to hire an electrician for. Also, half of the lights they put in don't work. The builder keeps saying he would fix things. I keep putting in tickets and he never comes out.

There are holes in the vinyl that won't be warrantied out and they were in there before I moved in. Now, half the kitchen floor is peeling up. And the AC doesn't work and it's 100 degrees down here. I've been waiting for over a month for them to fix it because it's $5,000 for an outside person. Also, the siding on the house is broken. They had guys come out and mow and they were shooting rocks. One cracked my window. The foundation is crumbling right outside the sliding glass door. Then, when we were trying to build a fence, we found out they built the house on an easement and the city is telling me that I have to tear up part of my house because of that. The garage, the kitchen, and the dining room will have to be completely removed.

Six different people have backed out of buying the house beside me because I showed them all the issues and how LGI has done it and I'm gonna continue to do that. Every time somebody comes to look at one of these vacant houses, I'm gonna let them know how bad my experience was and I'm not the only one. All my neighbors are this way. I'm on the verge of suing LGI Homes because of these warranty issues. It's absolutely terrible. I am looking to put this on the market as soon as possible and I will never ever, ever buy a house from them again.

LGI Homes response

Hi Scott, we appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience, as it does not match the standards of the homes we build. Every home has to pass several inspections during the building process. We do have several warranties covering our homes and we are glad to hear that you are filing claims through our portal. We are experiencing delays due to COVID-19 and apologize for the longer time periods for resolving some problems.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought a new home as I didn't want to deal with fixing things that would eventually cost a lot of money in the long run. I heard about LGI Homes from a coworker and they have very good customer service. They made good sense. The rep went above and beyond. He was very nice and had good customer service skills too.

I like the quality of the home. I also like the community a lot. I love the amenities. They have a very nice state of the art gym and a good-sized pool. It’s just the water heater’s the only issue I've been having. It has been tripping since I got here and I’ve been taking cold showers since day one. They’ve been out here three different times and it's still doing the same thing. It’s been a week since the last time I put an order in. The first time, it was like the switch has just slipped. The second time they came out, they drained it and did something to it. When they came out a third time, the guy drained it and changed the element because it was hot. Then it was right back to the same thing.

LGI Homes response

Hi Shannon, we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the customer service and that you love your community! We hope we can determine the cause of your water heater problems and get that permanently resolved for you soon. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 25, 2020

A new build usually doesn't have any issues as an old the home would. I'm not a fixer-upper type of person so I wanted a new home that I didn't have to do anything, just to move in. I've been looking for a home for over two years and I was driving through some development in Zebulon. I liked it and we went from there. LGI was the first one to take me all the way so they're all good on that. My rep was Jorge and he was fine. I had no issues with him. He was sending pictures of everything that was going on and kept me in the loop of things. I had a couple of hiccups but outside of that, the experience has been great. I was a maybe a week later in regards to closing than the original date they gave me but it was due to COVID. Everything was efficient and still ran smoothly.

The people are nice. I enjoyed working with the people that helped me out during the process. Things ain’t all great, but they're all good. I've been in the house for two weeks today and they said I got 30 days to look over everything then give them a report. It's got little stuff which wasn't discussed during the walkthrough but if it's not urgent, they're not doing anything right now due to COVID and I can definitely understand. The community is nice and very quiet. I do have a furbaby so the doggy park was fine. She seems to like that. I don't have any neighbors right now so that's good too. They're still building. I was a part of phase one so everything is not filled up.

LGI Homes response

Hi Rachelle, thank you for the review. We're glad that you are happy with the home and we appreciate you understanding the few delays that occurred due to COVID. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 25, 2020

When I went to LGI, I went right to the lady at the desk. I had a meeting with her and she was cool. I also liked the houses and the one I got was on the up and up, so that made me want to go that route. Plus, I knew this real estate guy and he was telling me about it. Since I sold my house not too far from there, I’d seen an opportunity to get one and I went with it. The purchasing process was easy and LGI made it real simple for me, so they were good. They were really professional, too. The whole thing took a couple of weeks to complete and it was awesome. I’m enjoying my new house so far and I like the open floor plan spaces. It's laid out pretty new and whoever did it did a good job. Other than that, everything about the house has been all right and I like everything that’s going on with it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Walter, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Our goal is to make the buying process as simple as possible, and we're glad you thought it was! We are happy to hear you are enjoying the layout and design of your new home. Congratulations!

Original review: July 24, 2020

A lot of these houses are built in the '60s or '70s. They aren't updated and it's already the best price for a house that's 1,100 or 1,200 square feet. I was on Zillow and from looking, I found out about LGI Homes. I went with a new build as it's in the area of what you get as far as square footage and the person I worked with at LGI was Leo. He was good. He answered or got someone that could answer whatever question I had, but once we went into the process, I didn't know what to expect or what the next step was. Being a first time homebuyer, I didn't know the process, so there was confusion a few times, but not that it wasn't explained well. That could be done better though, by providing a breakdown of the steps following the financial process or once you get into that.

It took a while to finalize because we picked the spot before April and then we didn't close until the end of June. Other than that, everything went good. I work in construction so I know that what I have is a starter home. They're like tract homes. They all go up quickly and the same and there are differences in this and that in some of the higher end builders, but it's nothing drastic. The only thing I was not a huge fan of is the vinyl flooring, the stick down flooring. It gets messed up really easily. It's cheap and I know it costs more money to do the clip together (laminate stuff). It looks like wood. It looks the same, but that stuff's a little more durable and it doesn't peel off. This one is like a sticker. Still, I like the home and I'm happy with the community as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi John, we appreciate your review! We are proud that we can offer affordable new construction homes to compete with some of those resale options. We are glad that overall you had a positive experience working with Leo and that everything went smoothly. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 24, 2020

I came across LGI through my realtor and I went with them because the program was helpful to me. The rep was good. The process took three to four months because of COVID and I'm not really satisfied but I'm glad I'm already in. The quality is not too bad and I like everything about the home. Everything's good and up to date. However, I really thought we were gonna get grass in our backyard and that wasn't done. That's the only downfall I didn't like, kinda been lied to. Now, I have to buy all of it. I also noticed there is water in the corner when it rains. I don't know what's up with the drains. The water comes up high sometimes to my yard.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ernest, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you are happy with your home overall!

Original review: July 23, 2020

My friends gave me their website and the purchase process was wonderful. I had a good experience with the rep. I am a first-time owner and I don’t know that much about it. It was stressful because of doing the papers and all those stuff, but it was a good stress. In general, everything was good. The quality of the house is good as well and the community is very quiet. I really like that. I also recommend two of my friends and they purchased already.

LGI Homes response

Hi Clelie, thank you for the review! We are thrilled we were able to help you through your first time buying. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends. Congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

Original review: July 23, 2020

I wanted the convenience and availability of a new build. My Realtor told me about LGI. I picked my home online, and I live in the neighborhood already. The quality is as expected. It's good. As far as the community, I love it. It’s good, too. Working with LGI Homes has impacted my life positively, and I'd definitely recommend them.

LGI Homes response

Hi Melissa, thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you would recommend us. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 21, 2020

They gave me everything that I needed to know. They made me feel comfortable and everything just went through.

LGI Homes response

Hi Thomas, thank you for the review! Our goal is to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process and we are so glad that you felt taken care of. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 18, 2020

At first, I went in looking for four bedrooms, and the rep of LGI Homes asked me why I wanted a four-bedroom. I said I wanted to turn one of the rooms into a family room, like a den. That was when he introduced me to the Avery plan, which has a loft that works out perfectly. Everyone there was so nice. They are great people and I loved working with them. They helped me.

I will recommend anyone to LGI Homes and I'm already telling friends. They help you through everything. You didn't have to do much work. They're also patient. I'm not computer-savvy, so the rep helped me a lot of times getting my paperwork through and coming over there to the office. She stopped what she was doing to help me.

One thing I didn't like was that they never mentioned that the floor is not wood. It's linoleum. I went to move my refrigerator, 'cause I was gonna switch my refrigerator out with the refrigerator that I have. When I went to move that refrigerator, it tore my floor in the kitchen. I already have tears that I don't even know where it's coming from in my entryway as well. I told their rep and he said he was gonna come and see if he can fix it or find out if they can fix it or give me a deal on fixing it. But I'm already looking into seeing if I can just get a wood snap down here, 'cause they're not big areas. But I would appreciate it and I never have a problem with any other thing. I love my home.

LGI Homes response

Hi Tracy, thank you for the review and feedback. The Avery is a fantastic home and we are glad that it fit your needs! We appreciate you referring us to others and are glad that you enjoyed the process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 17, 2020

Overall, the customer service of LGI was good. We went through another Realtor who was also helping us along with my niece. They worked with the LGI team and things went smoothly, even though, it took some time because of communication. But overall, the process was good. So far, I like the style and the way the house was built. The inside is very nice too. It's a little different from where we are moving from.

LGI Homes response

Hi Hanjou, thank you for the review. We are glad the process was smooth and that you like your home!

Original review: July 15, 2020

I was looking at some places and my son and daughter-in-law found LGI Chase Run. Everything looks good and the house is beautiful.

LGI Homes response

Hi Debra, thank you for the review. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 14, 2020

LGI was first one we came to and we loved everything about it. It was my first time buying a house and it went as smooth as could be. It was an incredible experience. I have high regards for everybody there and the whole process that they put on. It's a great house. We absolutely love it.

LGI Homes response

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We love helping first time buyers and are excited that you enjoyed the experience. Congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

Original review: July 13, 2020

I tried to purchase a home with them back years ago. But I got into a car accident and I lost my job so I couldn't go further with getting a house. Seven years later, I remembered about LGI and I saw that they were building one in Magnolia and I jumped on that so I didn't have to change my kid’s school. Their customer service was perfect. Everything was great. The only thing was I got to find out my closing date only about five days before. I would have liked to have known maybe about two weeks before, but it all worked out in the end. They tried their hardest to make it there. I loved that I have a covered back porch. The only thing that I wish that could have been changed is my backyard. It is at a slope and I'm gonna have to come in and try to get it leveled out.

LGI Homes response

HI Christen, thank you for the review! We are so glad that you remembered us when you were ready to purchase and are happy you had such a smooth process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 11, 2020

We stumbled upon LGI Homes. They had some signage in our town. We live out in El Reno and so we followed the signs and found the house. We were looking at a few different brand new homes. Ralph Coleman is also building a new housing addition and the main reason we decided to choose LGI is one, the location. It's right out by our lake, which is amazing. Two, the square footage that we could get for the price. Even though it doesn't have all of the upgraded amenities, the square footage was amazing for the price.

They're amazing. I loved Kristen. She's the office manager at the one that we went through. Taylor was our Realtor. Both were super nice and super helpful. Keith, the regional manager, came out and met us when we had an issue with our cabinets and made sure that they all got replaced before we moved in. Everything we could ask for. They were great. However, the craftsmanship has not been as great as we thought it would be. For instance, we had this spot in the yard. The grass kept dying. My husband finally dug it up and there was all this mortar and brick underneath it. Then, we did have an issue with the cabinets. Whenever we were going through the building process, one of the windows never closed, so they had to come in, take the brick off the back of the house and rebrick it.

They were very great about fixing anything that is our concern. However, the fact that we have to be the one to find it and bring it to their attention is a little disconcerting sometimes. Right now, the only issue that we have with the home is that on one side of our house, the water doesn't drain. There's standing water between us and our neighbor, which there's no one that lives in that house yet, but we told the maintenance manager out there, and he assured us that they're gonna fix it. But we've lived in the house now for a little over a month, and there hasn't been any movement to fix it. So, the maintenance, that side of it, I'm not as pleased with as the customer service side of things. But everything that we find, they're more than willing to fix it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Tanesha, thank you for your review and feedback. One of the benefits of buying a new home is having the warranties that help cover any problems that may arise! We are glad to hear that we have been able to help resolve the couple of items that came up. We are glad that you appreciate the location and the lake next to the community! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I came in with my two children. The LGI rep, Sammy, told me all about the school. Before selling me the house, he told me about Brooksville, which I liked. So that's what got me. Not much about the knowledge that he had because he already has but how he treated me as a person. He was very like family. He doesn't treat me like a stranger.

They did the closing really quickly. They are much better than any other company. It's built a lot better than other new builders that I went to. They're bigger and nicer. I decided to go with them because they are energy savers. I'm also very satisfied with the amenities. I love the community as well. It's very peaceful. Everything was really good. I'm happy. I cannot say anything bad about LGI Homes.

LGI Homes response

Hi Danielle, we appreciate your review! Our goal is to provide everyone with a personalized experience and to help make the process as smooth as possible, and we are excited to hear that is exactly what you liked about working with us! We are also glad that you love your home and community. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 9, 2020

Everything went well with my experience with LGI Homes. My Realtor and I were looking and then my price range was too low for another place we were looking at. So we went over there at LGI Homes and looked. It was great. The rep was very nice. The whole process was fast and smooth. The quality is good, too. I like the backyard size. It's spacious and bigger than what I thought it was gonna be. The community is quiet as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Keiarria, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled that we had a home available in your price range and that your hard is larger than you expected. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 8, 2020

The LGI salesman, Neil, was fantastic. He was very persistent with the finance team and seemed like he was really on top of stuff. Some people might almost say that he was kind of bothersome but I'd rather have somebody like that than somebody that just drops the ball and not look out for your best interest. Also, I love the house, the master bath, and the master bedroom, although the kitchen could have some more cabinets.

I don’t have a home issue but the ants in the neighborhood are unreal. We had terminators out and we dusted around the outside of the house but we still have ants coming in. They've ruined a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in the pantry already. I have another terminator coming out. There's a community Facebook page and people are just all complaining about the ants. Other than that, all the things that were seen on the final walkthrough have been fixed. The builder, Dan, was very attentive and had no issues with any of the things we found or whatever we wanna correct.

LGI Homes response

Hi Erik, we appreciate your review. We are glad that Neil was so helpful throughout the process. Ants can be troublesome and we hope the next exterminator does the trick. We are glad that you are enjoying your home!

Original review: July 7, 2020

We ended up finding LGI Homes through our Realtor. This was originally a home that we weren't planning on seeing but it was in our neighborhood. We liked it, so we ended up checking out. We walked in, and we were just really impressed from the house from top to bottom when we first got here. They're pretty good. There were just some small back-and-forths with having to get some dead trees removed from the backyard and took a little bit longer than we were really used to. It took a lot of back-and-forths between our Realtor and LGI.

Then, there were a couple small things from the initial home inspection that took a while for us to get resolved. There's even one of them we're still waiting on getting resolved. But Taylor, the rep, was a really great guy. I really appreciate everything that he was doing. A lot of that friction came once the Coronavirus hit. There was a problem with LGI's preferred lender, and they became a really drawn out closing process, which contributed to some things, either getting overlooked or getting pushed to the side.

In terms of the community, this is one that we had heard about and we really liked. It's in Mimosa Bay. We really enjoyed the gated community and the setup of the community. It wasn't like other new-built neighborhoods wherein a lot of the other ones, the roads were pretty straight and you can really see that all the new-built homes looked pretty much the same on a long street, and it wasn't very a mature neighborhood. But this one, the roads definitely helped masked it as more of a new-built neighborhood. As for the home itself, we really liked the kitchen and the open floor plan in the main area with still separate dining room. The kitchen was a huge selling feature for us as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Brian, thank you for the review! We are thrilled that you decided to take a look at our homes and that you were impressed. Mimosa Bay is a beautiful community and we hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: July 6, 2020

One of my friends was purchasing a house here in LGI Homes. My other friend is a Realtor and my Realtor told me also that this house was pretty nicely located and if I wanna come over. I fell in love with the house. I'm enjoying my new home. The only thing that I was upset about was that it didn't come with the grass from the backyard. It was something that we need to purchase separately. But other than that, it's good. The rep I worked with was nice. He was open-mind to help us and everything that we were needing. So, I was just happy with everything that he did for us. He was so friendly. He was on top of everything. Everything went smoothly and the service that the rep gave us, I was absolutely happy with it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the review. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new home and that the process went smoothly.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I was living in Florida and I wanted to relocate to North Carolina in the Raleigh area. I've used an LGI development near me in Florida. They gave less land there but I could see what the house was like. I drove up here and they were giving the inducement of paying most of the closing costs. That was a big factor in deciding LGI over another builder. The only negative I had was we had trouble getting an appraisal. They got a lowball appraisal from the appraisal person and they were waiting for an additional house to close to get me in. But they had my money the whole time. They let the lender have my cash from April 9th. And I thought I was closing in the middle of April. I sent 20% down to the lender and wired the money but I didn't close until the middle of May. It was almost six weeks in hotels and it took a big cut on my budget.

The salespeople were very nice and the office manager was helpful. They did not expect the lowball appraisal. But the fact that it took so long, I felt that LGI should have helped me out a little better. And they didn't divulge how low that appraisal was. I paid 218 for the house, which I think is a fair price, but I would have appreciated some help with the hotel.

Also, they did not put in the bank of vertical shelving in the master closet. So I'm waiting for them to install that. And when Best Buy installed my washer dryer, I had a leak into the master closet. LGI was very helpful. They got on to it right away to make sure it wasn't them. I had a little leaking onto the kitchen sink, which was the LGI’s plumber’s fault, and they fixed that. The plumber took off part of the drywall which LGI said they would take care of for me and Best Buy will pay for the damaged carpet because we ascertained it was simply the connection. They had not connected the fittings to the washer correctly. I'm at the stage where the carpet has been paid to be taken out and re-installed. Other than that, I like the house. It's a good value and it's built nicely. The aspect of paying for most of the closing costs is reasonable.

LGI Homes response

Hi Hermine, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for the delay in your closing but are glad we were able to get you into a home and quickly resolve the couple of items that have come up. We appreciate you choosing us and hope you enjoy your home for many happy years!

Original review: July 3, 2020

The location was my main concern and LGI has a pretty good spot. The house is located where I wanted it to be. Their rep was able to answer all my questions during the purchase and for the most part, we were able to seamlessly do the transitions and all that. It was good. And I feel great about the home. The upgrades and the appliances are nice. Also, the house is pretty much ready to live in. It was a great find.

LGI Homes response

Hi Juan, thank you for the review. We are excited to hear that we had a beautiful home available where you wanted to live! Congratulations on your new home.

LGI Homes Company Information