2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

4.0/5 (278 ratings)

About LGI Homes

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

Pros

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

Cons

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: April 11, 2020

LGI's reps are all really nice and respectful. I worked with Doc and if I wasn’t so cranky, I probably would have gotten along with him better. He was right on things and when I have concerns, the response time was almost immediate each time. However, in our home, when my husband shuts the downstairs door, the upstairs would rattle. Also, we have a socket on our kitchen wall that is not working. While things have been good in LGI's neighborhood, the biggest downfall is people parking on the sidewalk which could have been in my yard. Also, we don't have a lot of neighbors.

LGI Homes response

Hi Morgan, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that our New Home Consultant was prompt in answer your questions and concerns. If you haven't already, please file a warranty claim through our online portal for the outlet that is not working. We are glad you like your neighborhood and are sure that you will have more neighbors soon!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I was looking for something newer and I stumbled upon LGI. It seemed like a good deal to go with. They were the first new builder I looked at and at the time, it looked good. There was one guy who came and did the open and paperwork, and then the other guy was at the closing because of the way this Coronavirus thing is going. They both did the best they could do and it was a smooth process on some of the things. The closing day didn't go as well but I started early March and then, I closed at the end of March. So, that was not too bad.

LGI Homes response

Hi Tarvares, we appreciate you for taking the time to review us. We are thankful you chose LGI Homes and wish you many years of happiness in your new home.

Original review: April 9, 2020

LGI's location is convenient. It's near where I work. Also, I looked at a house that was fully furnished by somebody and it looked really good. When I looked at an unfurnished one, I found it really good too. I got one and their rep, Jeremy, was great. Everybody at the office was helping me out. My Realtor did a really good job of helping me find the place. So far, it has been a good quality house. I like the layout and all of the bedrooms seem right. It has a lot of the conveniences as opposed to other houses I've looked at. I like how LGI was able to get around some modern improvements.

LGI Homes response

Hi James, thank you for providing a review. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your home and like the location. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 8, 2020

We were looking for a home and we were working with Realtors. We had gone to a few homes to see them. We were asking about newer homes and the realtors said a lot of them were out of our price range. They were a bit more pricey. But I just went online and I looked up new developments and started searching through, and I found LGI Homes' number. The first person I called was Willis and he set up an appointment right away. He was amazing. He said there were some homes that could be available in their development that we bought in.

We anticipated maybe moving in around June. We were going to get one of the last two Mesquite Plans that they were going to build, where the office was, because they were getting ready to close down that development. So we were going to take literally one of the last ones, but they weren’t even going to build it until they sold all the houses so they can build it where the office was.

But perhaps something fell through with another loan and Willis contacted me right away because I had been bugging him. And I was able to get him everything. He said, “When can you move?” And I said, “We’re ready to move at any time.” And he said, “Okay. What about the end of March? If I can get you a closing date, like maybe the end of March, would that work?” And I said, “Yeah. That would be amazing.” We closed in three weeks. It was fast.

When I did the last walk-through with the contract manager, I was able to record him so I could remember how to maintenance everything. But I really like all the energy-efficient things. We like the lights, and then a lot of the cool things they did with the airflow in the house to make sure we’re not wasting any energy. There's a lot of cool new features in these new homes that we like. So, the quality is great. The appraisal brought the house down by a bit, but I still think it’s amazing.

LGI Homes response

Hi Desiree, thank you for your review! We are so happy that you found us. We are glad you enjoyed the walk-through and appreciated the tips of how to maintain the home. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 7, 2020

Updated on 4/17/2020: After my initial review someone locally came out to my property and is now refusing to replace the sod that they ripped up that I had purchased. $500 worth of sod that I put down after it was recommended that I buy it and now I have nothing but a muddy back yard with no grass. Tire marks and mud from heavy equipment. LGI does not care about you or your home buying experience; they will take your money and turn their backs.

Original review: Before I purchased my home LGI gave me a written agreement that they would fix the water issue in my backyard; fast forward 7 months and the issue has not been resolved nor can I get anyone to respond to my inquiry as to when it will be resolved. LGI does not stand behind their warranty.

LGI Homes response

Hi Debora, we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. If you haven't already, please submit a claim using our online warranty portal. We are also passing your message and contact information on to the local management team to work on getting this resolved.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Our sales agent was Emily and she was a really nice person. I asked a fair decent amount of questions and she was there. Even now, she’s there. Whenever I need her, I just call on her cellphone or text her. So, it’s been okay. There were so much paperwork involved. But other than that, the process was pretty good. I like the quality of the home so far. I just need them to come out and look at my front porch. I don’t know if the light bulb is out or it shorted, but it’s so high up. I don’t have a ladder right now to go up there and try to change it. But other than that, I’m happy with it.

The only problem I had with them was when I put my first initial $1,000 down, I thought at the end that the $1,000 would go toward my down payment. But they told me in the end that the $1,000 was going toward the closing cost. They told me that they were covering the entire cost of the closing cost, and not that my thousand dollars would be part of the closing cost.

LGI Homes response

Hi Edwin, thank you for the review. We're proud of our exceptional customer service and are excited that Emily has been there for you through everything! We apologize for the confusion regarding the earnest money; we can definitely understand where that mix-up happened since we do cover the rest of the closing costs! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I was looking on the internet for renting a house and one of the Realtors called me and explained that LGI was building a home. She made me come over the site and then she explained everything. I wasn’t so sure at the moment. She convinced me to apply for the loan and we started the process. My credit wasn’t perfect so we worked it out. She told me to apply for a credit card, which I did. She was monitoring the points with me and she was calling me and texting me saying that she was just waiting for me to do my part. She was above and beyond.

It took me almost five months to get my home. It's nice and I love everything about it. There were just a couple of things that were not finished when I got it. For example, when I saw it the first time, there was a big crack on the back. The manager came and they redid the floor before the closing. When they roughen the surface with the broom, the crew didn’t do a very good job. He said that they were coming back but I haven’t heard from him about that. The other thing was around the edges, the caulking, wasn’t finished in the garage, so I had to do it myself. I noticed inside also, so we called him for the inside, and that was when he wasn’t too happy about that. I’m explaining to my wife that we’re buying a new home and so they have to come and fix it and service because that’s part of the deal. But the experience was really good. I would recommend to friends.

LGI Homes response

Hi Raul, congratulations on become a homeowner! We truly believe it's not a matter of "if" but "when," and we're glad that our New Home Consultant was able to guide you through the journey and help your dream come true. We are glad that the floor got fixed for you. If you run into any other things, please be sure to file a warranty claim through our online portal. We wish you many happy years in your new home!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Zero money down was the winner for me at LGI. I went with them and everybody there was really nice. They followed up and never left me in the dark if I had any questions. Any time we were leery about stuff, they were always there to reassure us. At the same time, they weren't pushy. If I wasn't comfortable with something, they were just really helpful. Being in my LGI home is the best possible situation I could be in. I love the layout and how open it is. The master bedroom is amazing. They did a really good job with the floor plan that we selected.

LGI Homes response

Hi Kyler, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are proud that our team was always there to answer any questions you had and that you love your home!

Original review: April 2, 2020

Everyone at LGI Homes was great. It was a lot of paperwork, a lot of running around, but we got it done. They were also right there whenever I called, emailed or texted. They responded back right away. Overall, we love the quality of the build. We know there are a few deficiencies but they said they would take care of it. They were very helpful. They didn't make it stressful for me at all. They’ve kept a positive attitude about it.

LGI Homes response

Hi William, thank you for the review. We are thrilled that the team was so readily available for you and that you love your home. Congratulations and we hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Original review: April 1, 2020

The home consultant of LGI Homes was good and the quality of the build so far is good too. We have a few things that need to be touched up, and I spoke with the builder with our walkthrough before we closed on the house. But, with the virus, it hasn’t been able to be fixed yet, so I’m hoping that will happen soon.

LGI Homes response

Hi Rachel, we're so glad you are enjoying your home! We apologize for the delay and are sure the team will get them fixed soon. If you run into anything else, please file a warranty claim with our online portal. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: March 30, 2020

I saw some brochures and things online about LGI. This is one of the areas that’s promising because Atlanta is on the rise of growing or nearby. So, that will make it stand out. I’m a first-time home buyer and was looking at buying a forever home, which is something I can see my kids have. Joe, the manager, was good and there was another guy. I was given referrals based on what type of loan I was applying for, me being a veteran. I liked the fact that I was taken care of. That was very good. The rep was attentive, and worked with me on getting things. We went online to get whatever we needed to get but I was recommended to go in person as well. I like the quality of the service and it didn’t cost that much for me to put down. 1,000 wasn't bad.

The quality of the build is good and it’s nice. I like the home. It’s brand new, which is one thing that made it appealing for the price I’m paying for. The first time experience is important to me. This is something I’m gonna remember and I can take to my kids and to their children. So, LGI gave me a lasting impression. The community is quiet and the people are courteous and professional. People have their activities but it’s not off the wall. It’s an easy-going community and it seems like it's safe. You also got a lot of access to stores and place of businesses.

LGI Homes response

Hi Nicole, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Congratulations on becoming a first time home buyer! It is something you will always remember and we are thrilled you chose us to help you through the process. We are glad that you are enjoying the home and the community and wish you many years of happiness!

Original review: March 29, 2020

I was moving and I wasn't looking to buy a home. I was going rent to own because I felt I had some credit problems. But I spoke with Jumani from LGI and he explained everything to me. From what I was informed by other people was totally different. They saw everything through that I needed to do so I stuck with LGI because it was like I was working with people that I've known for years and they worked so well for me. We have a relationship.

LGI has some of the greatest realtors, brokers, loan agents, escrow agents and whoever. Everyone was just so perfect and professional. It made me feel like I was family. Jeanine, Limon, and Jumani are the best in America to me. Once they told me that I was qualified to buy a home, then there was some fear there that I wasn't sure if I was able to purchase a home because of my lack of credit. But they showed me that everything was okay, they reassured me, they removed the fear and replaced that with confidence for me. And they're just wonderful people. That was what made me want this property because I knew this is great. I dealt with great people and it's a great feeling. I've never experienced this type of reception from anyone as far as buying a home or renting a home. They just made me feel like I mattered. It's a great experience.

This is my first home. I like everything about it. I like the way it's built, the newness, and the room that I have. It's a lot of space. It's very modern and this is exactly what I wanted. The neighborhood is beautiful, the people that I have met so far are wonderful, and my neighbors are great. I just love this house. I could live here for the rest of my life.

LGI Homes response

Hi Pamela, thank you for your kind review! We are proud to have you as a member of the LGI family and are thrilled that our team made you feel so confident throughout the process. We love hearing that you are enjoying your home and the community. Congratulations on your first home!

Original review: March 28, 2020

I went to LGI a year back and spoke with a gentleman who told me ways to improve my credit. I took the time to do that, came back and went with them. Picking out my home was very simple and straightforward. LGI helped me throughout the way. My rep, Ronny, communicated with me throughout the process. He was calling me up, texting me and keeping me informed. He told me not to stress as with the loan, things take a while. Now, I love being in my LGI home. We're still working on our backyard but the dining area has been homey for me, my wife and my kids. My wife loves the home.

LGI Homes response

Hi Tracy, thank you for the review. We are excited to hear that the process was straightforward and that your rep was there for you the whole time! Congratulations on your new home. We're happy that you are enjoying it and hope you enjoy it for many more years!

Original review: March 27, 2020

We like the models of the houses of LGI Homes. It was a good experience with LGI Homes. It was just so easy from the beginning, choosing the models of the house that we wanted, to the financial part and getting all the paperwork in. They were really professional. They explained everything and were upfront. And this is our first home, so everything just went smooth and it was no hassle at all. To me, it seemed too good to be true in some parts, but it happened, and I’m really happy with it. The quality of the build so far is good. I like everything about it. I like how there are some smart features of it. I also like the material. It looks good. It’s not just like cheap material. The community that we live in seems quiet as well and it’s pretty nice.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jose, thank you for the review! We pride ourselves on simplifying the buying process and are glad you felt it was an easy process. Congratulations on buying your first home!

Original review: March 19, 2020

BEWARE!!! I would give 0 ⭐️ if possible. I purchased my home just 2 years ago and my roof is defective! I have contacted several branches of LGI including construction management, Warranty department and the sales office directly. They have all refused to help. When I purchased the house I was told that my roof had a 10 year warranty. NOT TRUE. The 2/10 warranty is basically a joke. The only thing it covers is if my house foundation splits in two.

Water leaked in my home causing significant damage. I did try and file a claim with my homeowners insurance however, the claim was denied because it is a manufactured defect. The repairs will cost thousands. I would recommend you read the comments on The Seasons of Pendergrass Facebook page. I am not the only one having issues. It appears several of the roofs are faulty. I wish I’d had this information prior to my purchase. I would have NEVER bought a LGI home. I’m so disappointed. Here I am a single mom working paycheck to paycheck. All I can do now is pray.... DONT LET THE “FRIENDLY” SALESMAN FOOL YOU AS I DID!

LGI Homes response

Hi Leslie, we are sorry that you are having to go through this experience. We do offer a 10-year structural warranty and a 1-year warranty on most other items. It sounds like you have already submitted a warranty claim and had someone come out to inspect it. If it was deemed structurally sound through that inspection, and any other warranties have expired, there is unfortunately not much further action we can take. If you haven't already submitted your claim, please use our online portal to do so.

Original review: March 15, 2020

My wife and I are a young couple currently in the market for a new house. We visited a new development by LGI, simply to look at the inside of one of the homes we were interested in. I told the agent there we weren't interested in purchasing anything that day. Before we could ever look inside the house, we had to go through our finances with one of their agents and listen to a pitch about their company that lasted somewhere between 90 minutes and 2 hours. I tried to look past it and think of it as just a salesman doing his job.

We finally get to the house and my wife and I loved it. Our only concerns were that the backyard needed to be regraded and the street needed to be repaved. The salesman ensured me that both of those things would be taken care of. After some discussion with my wife, we decided that while we liked the house, we wanted to take some time to consider our options, do our due diligence, and think about it. I told the salesman this, and he persisted to try to pressure us into making a commitment that day. I had to tell the salesman that we weren't ready to commit to anything at least 3 times before he ceased.

Although, that made me uncomfortable, we still liked the house and kept it open as an option. A few days later, I had my personal real estate agent go and take a look at the house and he came back with overall a pretty good review. So after looking at a few other houses, my wife and I, along with our real estate agent, decided to go take one more look at the LGI home. We decided to move forward with the LGI house. When we arrived at the leasing office, the LGI salesman's attitude had changed noticeably since our last encounter. He was obviously uncomfortable that we had our own real estate agent. He would not allow our real estate agent to have a say in typing up the contract. He brought us the contract and allowed us to look it over while he helped another couple.

The price on the contract was listed as $214,900, despite it being listed online for $211,900. We then asked questions about the warranties, the closing costs, repaving the street, and regrading the backyard. The salesman became more and more on edge as we asked more questions. He could no longer ensure me that the backyard would be regraded. He could only give me his word that the road would be repaved, but couldn't give me anything in writing. When my real estate agent asked how the repaving was going to be paid for, the salesman replied that it is included in the HOA fees of $200 per year. You can do the math on how much road $200 from a handful of houses could afford to repave.

When my real estate agent (who has been in the business for roughly 40 years) mentioned that it would also cost us a decent amount of money to regrade the yard the way it needed to be regraded, the salesman rudely interrupted that no, it wouldn't. While we were willing to pay the $211,900, we decided to make an offer of $207k. When our real estate agent started to say, "we would like to make an offer..." the salesman immediately stood up, snatched up the contract, and said "We DO NOT negotiate our prices." After this reaction and the salesman pitching a fit, I told him we were no longer willing to do business. He stormed off while ripping up the contract.

So, if you want to buy a house from a glorified used car salesman and a company that is unwilling to have an open mind to the best interest of the customer, then LGI may be for you. As for me, I will never do any sort of business with this company, and anyone close to me that at any point ever looks for a house will know about this experience.

LGI Homes response

Hi Kyle, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We have a process that we believe provides you with all of the information you need to know to make sure you are making an informed decision. The prices on our website are starting prices, and at the time of your tour the current price for the property you were looking at should have been provided. We do not offer customization or negotiation on prices, which we believe contributes to a simplified buying experience. We are disappointed by the reaction of your New Home Consultant, and will take this as an opportunity for additional training. We wish you the best of luck in finding your new home.

Original review: March 14, 2020

BAD experience from LGI homes at the Village of Granite Quarry! They can treat you any way they want - take your earnest money with no concern at all - and sell the house to the next person - no matter how they’ve done the transaction - because it’s covered in writing. They are solid about answering ALL of your questions at first, but their tune changes later. Example - I tell the sales rep that I have a home already and that it will probably be 10% down, which is not something I’m interested in, and he says, “We’ll get it down as close to zero, it won’t be much more”….Has me sign papers FIRST, then go to the loan officer. The loan officer says the same thing - about 19k down - you’ve already been roped in.

Next, I asked about the HOA rules. The rep says, “Oh, you can Airbnb your home. You can Craigslist it. Whatever you need to do.“ Then later says…."With this being a new community I don’t think the HOA rules are going to change any time soon”. After reading other HOA restrictions: “No noxious or offensive trade or activity shall be carried on upon any lot nor shall anything be done thereon tending to cause embarrassment, discomfort, annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.” - makes me think just how superficial the sales rep’s answer was: no respect for this risk - and the ability to Airbnb the place was a key point in my reserving the home.

And of course the whole experience was extremely aggressive and unpleasant. Who likes being texted at 8am on a Saturday morning telling you they needed to know your decision on the home as of “yesterday”? When supposedly it’s ‘solely’ reserved for you anyway? There is No return of earnest money after 14 days. You only have 3 days to say which lender you want if you don’t go with their lender, so make up your mind quickly because as I said - they’ll keep your earnest money - and absolutely have no problem with keeping it AND no problem with the order in which the transaction took place. Also, they don’t consider the agreement an offer to purchase - so it doesn’t matter to them if the the agreement was signed by both parties - or not.

In addition, it’s important for you to read the reviews about the quality of the construction of their homes. I consider myself lucky to have gotten out of this home and wish I had read about the reviews consumeraffairs.com first! I have to wonder - if I was treated this way about the earnest money, how well will I be treated with warranty questions or other issues on the home? Sure, LGI will write their professional sounding response right after this, but you heard it from me first - don’t say I didn’t warn you!

LGI Homes response

Hi Suzanne, thank you for your feedback. Our on-site New Home Consultants are highly trained in the financing options available and are knowledgeable about what financing options you can qualify for, which is why we are comfortable having the contract signed first. If it turns out that after going over your official documents with the loan officer that you do not qualify for some reason, we will return the earnest money to you. We are sorry to hear that you felt the experience was aggressive and wish you the best of luck in finding a home.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Be VERY careful! They are very good at using tricky, deceitful wording when they are trying to sell you a home. Every month, something new pops up. For example, I was told that the HOA fees would be covered by LGI for the first year. Surprise! I got a bill in the mail from the HOA. But, wait. I thought LGI assured me that they would cover the HOA fee for the entire year? Wrong. They meant for the 2019 year. Guess when I signed my papers? December 27th, 2019. So they only covered THREE days of the HOA. Another funny thing, I was out of town for the holidays and wouldn't have been able to sign my papers until I returned on January 2nd; I didn't move into the home until January 3rd/4th because I didn't get back into town until January 2nd.

They had me meet someone all the way in NY because they were insistent on having the papers signed before the 1st. I should have been firm and said "no." But I agreed, and they had a notary meet me in NY. Again, they did NOT specify they would pay for only the 2019 year. In fact, they used it as a selling point. "We'll pay the HOA fees for the year." Absolutely downright horrible and sneaky. And the manager even said, "Well, if someone signed in June, we would only pay for June up until the end of December" but then couldn't understand why I was upset about them shafting me for the entire year. 3 days??? Really? It's absolute BS. I saw another review that stated they tell you "yes" until you sign, then everything becomes "no" or "we're sorry you were given wrong information." This is definitely true.

When I first came and looked through the *unfinished* house, I specifically asked if a washer and dryer was included (was told appliances were included, but not which ones). I was assured twice that, yes, they would be included. I had a friend with me and he repeated the question a 2nd time (for verification). Again, was told "yes." This changed after I signed the papers. Suddenly, "Oh, no. We don't have to provide those." Exact words. Then, I realized there are NO blinds on any of the windows, except the front. I said something, and was again told "We don't have to provide those." Odd, since other builders do provide these things.

Also, there is this awful black spray paint on the front door that they promised to fix (paint) during the walkthrough. I have requested this twice, and yet it's still there. Again, I was given the affirmative "yes" BEFORE I signed, and then everything suddenly was "wrong information." I thought they were nice, but I should have realized it was all dishonesty to get a sale. Just be very careful when dealing with them, and get EVERYTHING spelled out simply so they can't be sneaky in the future. They are NOT transparent at all; you have to do your research and dig deeper into every aspect, as they will not be upfront until AFTER you sign papers (at which point, you're stuck). Make sure you do the walkthrough and get everything fixed BEFORE you sign papers.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our customer service and strive to be transparent and honest throughout the process. We appreciate all of your feedback and we will use it to provide additional training to the local team. We do cover HOA fees for the remainder of the current year, and we apologize for the miscommunication regarding the exact time frame. If you haven't already, please submit a warranty claim through our online portal to have the front door repainted. We apologize that you felt mislead. We appreciate that you chose to work with us and we hope you create many happy memories in your new home!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

LGI's people gave me a good deal. The reps explained everything to me. Any questions I had, they answered. When I called, they were always courteous. They covered the warranty they volunteered for 10 years. Plus, I like the house they were offering. The living area is just the right size and it's of good quality. While I wish the tiles and the refrigerator were different, everything else is fine. The neighbors are very quiet too. Working with LGI was a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone.

LGI Homes response

Hi Eileen, thank you for your review! We are proud to provide exceptional customer service and are glad that you enjoyed the process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My grandson who has an LGI whom told me about them. I worked with a rep from LGI and he was excellent. He was very calm and he explained everything very well. So, I made a connection with him. The build I got from them is of excellent quality.

LGI Homes response

Hi Mervin, thank you for taking the time to review us! We are happy that you enjoying your new home!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Working with LGI's rep was a very nice experience. However, I had a few details in the house I got from them that I wanted to bring up to par. There was paint on my stairwell, paint in my sink and other things that were dirty and dusty. Some corners had cracks in them and they needed to have paint. There also needed to be caulking at the bottom of my shower for that to be up to par. LGI said that those would be ready when it was time to move in. But then, they did not have it together. I had tape near my shower too and the tape is still there. Other than that little bit, everything else about the purchase process was pretty straightforward. LGI has been very informative and truthful too about what's going on in the surrounding areas.

LGI Homes response

Hi Paige, we appreciate your feedback! We apologize that all the items weren't finished before you closed. We hope that you've been in touch with the team to get them taken care of. You can always submit claims through our online warranty portal. We are glad that you are enjoying your home and appreciated the openness of our team. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

My friend bought an LGI house two years ago and she was happy. I asked her to pass me the number of whoever sold her the house. I contacted the rep and I met Anna. I saw the house and I liked it but I wasn't ready. She never put pressure on me though and she was never pushing me. She was sweet and she had the patience. We had a very good connection and she was advising me all the time such as how to fix my credit. We never lost contact and she was calling me and asking me how everything was doing.

So then I went back and checked the houses again. One of the requirements I had was no carpet pretty much in the house. When they called me, they said the carpet was only in the bedroom and they asked me to come over and check the new location. That was the difference between LGI Homes and other companies that I went to. The location is nice too. The bathroom is a little dark though and there are no dim lights so I have to put the lighting on. That's the only thing I don't like and I'm gonna do a modification on that. I'm a light person and I like to see very clear house. Other than that, everything is working well. I like the kitchen and cabinets.

LGI Homes response

Hi Annabel, thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and are happy that Anna took such great care of you. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

LGI Homes had the layout that I wanted and there was a backyard. My rep from there was awesome. He was on top of things and was always there to answer my questions if I had any. I was impressed with everything like his interaction with me. Even now when he’s showing homes to other people and he drives by, he acknowledges me which is really nice. He made me feel like I was someone and not just another sale. He was interested in making that I got what I wanted and that I didn’t miss out on anything. I didn’t get the first house I wanted because I wasn’t able to get my deposit down quick enough, but he stayed with me and helped me find what I needed. It was all good.

So far, I’m pleased with the quality of my home. I’ve lived in several homes, new and old. I’m from the northeast area so I’m used to the guttered thing on houses but I’m finding that down here in Texas, they don’t do that. I’m having to go search out for gutters because without them then you just get rained on. Also, in the master bathroom in the model that I have, the shower and tub are in one. I would have liked it if I had them separately but it wasn’t a deal breaker. Other than those, I really like everything I’ve seen. Everything has been to my satisfaction.

There’s also a pool on the main road although I’m not much for a public pool and if I ever have a pool, I’ll put it in my own. But I’m a single person and I like being in a community where I’m not out in a rural area by myself. There are a lot of families so if my grandkids come, there will be kids around that they could play with. I like this subdivision feel too. Another thing I noticed with LGI Homes is they are not so close together. There are some other manufacturers, which probably just have the minimum requirement of space between homes. With LGI, there is a reasonable distance. I don’t feel like I’m sitting on top of my neighbors.

LGI Homes response

Hi Diana, thank you for your review. We are excited that you are enjoying your new home and the community! We hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I knew of LGI Homes prior and it jogged my memory when I was searching for a house. They had new construction and they focused on first-time home buyers and being able to move in quickly. I was at the grand opening on December 6th and I closed on the 10th of January. The rep was amazing from beginning to end. He became my best friend throughout this whole process. He directed me and gave me knowledge. He was always a phone call away and always willing to answer any questions, always extending himself beyond just the average consultant. He became more like family and he made me feel so comfortable and confident that it was gonna get done. Overall, he was amazing.

The process was smooth too. I picked the house, we did the paperwork and it went through the process. The house is new construction and it's nice. The quality is there. The wall paint though doesn't match well when I have to touch up certain areas because it's hard to try to have that same pattern throughout. But I love the overall structure of the house. I got the Burke model and I love the room sizes. It's just me so it's convenient. It personalizes me and the layout is suitable for me.

LGI Homes response

Hi O'Neisha! Thank you for your review. We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed the process and working with your New Home Consultant. Congratulations on your Burke! We hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

We contacted LGI in the summer of 2019 just to see where we were at credit wise and what we needed to work on to qualify for a new home. The sales guy was very helpful and gave us hope! We qualified for no money down due to credit score and we went through the process!! It was quick and easy it seemed. I had people tell me they wouldn’t buy from them as they had been lied to. I pushed that off due to the fact that they seemed to explain everything in detail to us. I specifically asked about the HOA and was told that the dues were put in our escrow account and paid each year from that! That it was included in the monthly payment that was much highflier than advertised for taxes, insurance and HOA dues. I accepted that.

We used a first time homebuyers program that they told us we qualified for. GREAT NEWS for us!! They kept us in the loop during the whole process and I felt very confident!!! We moved in and out tub cracked and they were prompt in fixing it and fixing the flooring that was damaged when the tub was replaced! I again felt good about our decision and chalked what I was told up to the fact that not everyone is satisfied all the time!! Well that was September that we bought the house... January we received a bill from the HOA. I called and asked about the fact that we were told it was rolled into our monthly payments. I was supposed to have people call back.. they never did!!

I called several times and was told they never told me that the dues came out of escrow account and were included in monthly payment except the remainder of the first year! I asked well then why did our payment not go down in January by the amount of the HOA? And they had no answers except they would have someone call me back that knew more about our contract... that never happened!! I have called numerous times and no call back!! I fspe to my neighbors and they had not paid their dues either because like us, were told the same thing!!

I called the HOA who said they had extended the pay by date by a month due to the fact they had so many that had not paid! I explained what I knew and she was enlightened! I then received a letter from our finance company about the secondary loan for first time home buyers for the down payment assistance. It said that we would not be billed monthly but that if we EVER refinanced or sold the house before we fulfilled the loan that we would owe 7,655.00. I had to call to find out what that was about because we were told that we had to not refinance or sell for only 7 years or we would have to pay the INTEREST on that 7655.00!! That was also a lie!!

We can not sell or refinance without having to pay the whole amount for the entire 30 years!!! It’s not the principal of the money but the fact that we are finding we were lied to over and over again!!! The house is good but the fact that we are first time home buyers and we were trusting this company and we were lied to not once but TWICE SO FAR....our neighbors were told the same!!

In trying to get information about all of these issues our sales guys number has been changed and the main number for LGI in our subdivision is no longer in service!! I used the 866 number I googled that was some sort of main number for LGI but went to the office here thankfully... I will not buy again from LGI and I don’t recommend them to anyone who is not fluent in home buying!!! I called corporate yesterday to voice my concern and have not received a call back yet. We will see if I get one today!

LGI Homes response

Hi Shawn, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that you like your home and were well taken care of with your warranty claim, but are disappointed to hear that not all of the information you were provided was accurate. We appreciate you letting us know and will use this as an opportunity to provide further training to the local team.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I lived in the Cypress Way community and I saw that LGI Homes was building new homes, but I didn't see the office until later in the year. Then, my mom and I walked in there and they were really helpful. Everybody in there was very nice and others couldn't beat their price. They worked with me with my credit and how much I make. They did everything for me and it was very simple and easy for my first time buying a home.

The process was longer than I expected but other than that, everything was perfect. We were supposed to close December 15th, but it was raining, so they couldn't finish building the house. They said that we were gonna be done on the 31st of December and it was done. But it was something with the city that had to go through and that took almost an extra two months. Aside from that, the house is amazing. We had little glitches here and there, but besides that, it's pretty nice. I also love the community. I lived here before I moved in with my mom, so I liked it before then.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ashley, thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your understanding in the delay in construction; sometimes it is out of our control! We're glad that you are enjoying your new home and the community. Congratulations!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I am a first time home buyer, when I saw LGI homes online the prices and the houses looked too good to be true. I read all the reviews and decided to make an appt. I soon found out that was a huge mistake. I had made an appt with Adam originally. I showed up and immediately was given to someone else I had never spoke to. Adam was with another couple finalizing a deal I guess that’s why I was brushed off. I sat and spoke with a woman. Can’t recall her name but she was friendly and knowledgeable. I did just want to look at the models but it was like I was forced to sit at that table with her for 2 hours going through all of my finances etc. before I was even take to see the model.

Finally once everything checked out I was taken to look at every house I didn’t want to see. It was like they wouldn’t show me the model house I was interested in when I was already told I qualified for it. I immediately got a bad feeling about them. We looked at the villa first which was so small and the ceiling was like to the top of my head. Felt claustrophobic but even after telling them, "No. Not interested." they insisted on writing up the numbers after each house I looked at. The manager there young ** man came in and took over telling me I didn’t qualify for certain loans when I have done my research for the past 2 years I know what I qualify for. He was pushing me to put all this money down and go FHA and still giving me 1500$ a month mortgages for the smallest houses.

Then after the first house he wrote up the numbers told me basically they were my only option and I had to do it his way. That was the only way, then left took the realtor with him and left me there to “think it over!” The insides of all these houses were very cheap looking. The bedrooms are all so tiny they wouldn’t fit even a twin bed without taking up all the space. I was extremely EXTREMELY disappointed! When he finally came back to the house they left me at I told them, "I want to see the model I came here to see. I’m not signing anything and that’s it". When he heard me say that he got in his car and left. I didn’t see him again. It’s obvious he was only trying to push me into a sale that benefited him the most.

I had the feeling I was being lied to and scammed. I finally saw the Fisher model and once walking in it does not look like what you would think. The bedrooms again are all tiny. The kitchen was ok but the fridge was too small for the space. It had openings on both sides where it didn’t fit in the space all the way. I left and shopped around. Found out I do qualify for the loan I wanted all along so my instincts were right. I will never deal with LGI Homes again. This was the worst experience for me being a single mom and first time buyer. It made me not even want to continue the process. Make sure you do your research and speak with numerous people before making a decision. Don’t let anyone push you into signing for something you're not comfortable with. I wonder how many people this guy has got to sign for things based on his lies and later they regret it and are stuck with a cheap house and a huge mortgage.

LGI Homes response

Hi Christena, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and our goal is to provide you with all of the knowledge you need to feel confident when selecting a home. By reviewing a prospective buyer's financial qualifications and calculating the monthly payment of each home that that is toured, we feel that we are providing all of the information that is needed to ensure that the buyer is making an informed decision and are selecting a home they are comfortable with.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I wanted something that was more reliable. I didn’t wanna have to put money into starting a home. My Realtor showed me the area, which helped out a lot, and the LGI home looked better compared to the other ones. The inside was what I wanted and all around. It was the best choice compared to other competitors. The first person I met showed me the house. There was a homey feel. I’m very new to the area and he made me felt welcome in the area. That was a plus. He made the process really easy which was pretty cool. I was very comfortable. The house has a good quality but it has some errors and faultiness into it. That's the only part that I'm worried about. But I'm still happy with my choice. It was a satisfying experience. I have a home and I'm living in it. It's been great so far.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jerrell, thank you for taking the time to review us! We are excited to hear that you felt we were the best choice when compared to other builders and that you enjoyed the buying process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

LGI Homes has been awesome to work with and they made everything very easy. I only had to go to one location to fill out loan paperwork and sign for the title. The salesman took me through a lot of the homes and got me to find what I want. It's our first home and it's better than our apartment. We've got a fireplace, beautiful cabinets, nice appliances and countertops. The floor looks nice too. It looks like wood but it's not and it doesn't scratch. In real wood, when a dog runs around the floor, there'd be scratches all over the place. All in all, the quality of the home is great. Other than a minor thing like touch-up paint, everything seems to be in order.

LGI Homes response

Hi Josh, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review us! We are glad that you are enjoying your new home.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The representative was good and he guided us through the whole process. He was prompt to respond to my questions. If I had any questions, he was able to answer them. The quality of the build and the location were good. But I have some timing issues and they told me they would take care of them both at closing, but they haven't really been covered. The process after the closing has been not very good. There are some portions of the flooring that are coming off and the blinds were not installed properly. They are crooked. I've made a service request online for over a week now and nobody has responded to that. So, I don’t like that.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ashik, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your New Home Consultant was able to make your buying experience easy! We are disappointed to hear about the problems you have had since closing. f you have any challenges moving forward with your home, please be sure to complete a warranty claim through our online portal.

LGI Homes Company Information