Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased a LG refrigerator and wasn’t aware of the known defects that come with it. One day it just stopped working. Being a licensed Electrician I decided to check it out. I immediately saw that the compressor had power, but wasn’t working. I dug up my purchase order, called LG and the warranty company. I did purchase the extended warranty when I purchased it. Now I find myself having to wait up to 4 weeks to finally get this repaired. They say they are sorry, but make little effort to move things along. They have known that there compressors are bad but don’t offer a recall on it. Tonight I’m going to go buy a new refrigerator (not LG) while I wait for them to repair the garbage they sold me. They expect a family of 6 to wait. I’m hoping for a class action lawsuit to happen so I can get some satisfaction from this. Save yourself, don’t waste your money. Buy a different brand and do your homework before you purchase. Disgraceful company!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dave. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased LG LSXS26366S side door refrigerator in May 2016 and needed a repair service, LG customer service gave us a number to a company called "Chipset21". So the technician comes and checks it out and gives us a result saying the compressor is out but we still have warranty on it so all we had to pay altogether was $400.

After the estimate he has taken out $125 on that day, he leaves after saying "I'll come back in 2 days", which was a Friday. He did not show up on Friday, so I contacted him after that weekend. He said he couldn't show up if I didn't fill out and file back the Receipt format done in Google Drive, but We wanted to be sure about the total cost before send form because this form has another $245 for parts. So I asked him multiple amount of times,"is $400 All I had to pay?" He says Yes with nothing else. And then I sent him the form back. He answers it will concluded in the $400 total. So without a doubt I fill out the form with the card number and etc information. He answers back, "If you could send us the POP (Proof of Purchase), we could get a bit more discount on it." I emailed him the POP that I have received, He says "The software upgrade won't be accounted in the total price" so the Software Upgrade was completely out of the total.

On the next day he takes out $245 as it said on the Receipt form. The total amount he took out was $370, we thought $30 was discounted and was relieved. Within couple of days he came and fixed our refrigerator, we were sure it was all over with. 5 days later to having he takes out another $400 which we could not understand at all. So I call him about the $400 charge, he changes his words saying that we are paying for everything and the actual total payment was $760. He has never said to me about the total ever being $760.

We couldn't believe that this kind of Company who changes words every time talking on the phone is the Cooperative Repair Service Company that LG works with. We were very disappointed with LG that we completely trusted. We will not recommend LG to any other family members or to close friends when they need household electronics. We have used refrigerator way older than this and never had to worry about compressor going wrong. And LG customer service was the worst I've ever been through.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sook. We apologize, but the previous message was sent in error. We thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have.

Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 3, 2020

We bought all brand new top of line LG appliances...refrigerator alone well over 2,000.00 in Fall 2017. Loved the new appliances but in Fall 2019 a compressor went out in the refrigerator. Yes, LG covered the replacement and repair but what they don’t want to tell you is the refrigerator will never run quiet again. We have had to call the tech back three times to come look at it because it runs so loud. We bought the product because it was super quiet and our kitchen is close to our family room and bedroom. It will wake you up at night. It runs with vibrating noises, humming, etc and LG’s fix is sending an email with acceptable refrigerator noises. What a joke.

I told them if it would have ran like this when I originally purchased it would have been taken back in the first 30 days. The tech comes and states it’s a little louder than normal but not a single thing is being done. The tech calling LG while he was here was a joke too...all they could say to do is take off some clips to see if vibrating stopped...guess what?!?! It didn’t and it is still loud as ever. I will never buy another LG product and would never recommend.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Shannon. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Only got 6 years out of my $1,000 fridge. While we were on vacation for a few days the fridge went from cold to hot. I was told by the repairman that the freon all leaked out (probably due to a pipe issue) quickly and the compressor blew warm air into the fridge for a few days (at least the compressor is working). He also said that the $ to get to the pipes to repair them doesn't makes sense to keep the fridge. Not buying LG again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Christian. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: March 4, 2020

I called LG again, after reading a bunch of "resolved" reviews here, and they were incredibly helpful. Honestly, not even kidding, a guy came out like 18 hours later and replaced the compressor (which didn't look easy) and now it works. I'm honestly super impressed. Kudos LG. Sorry for the bad review! Everyone should buy an LG with that kind of service, I mean wow.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I bought this very cool door-in-door LG LMXC23796S refrigerator only three years ago, and a few days ago it decided to stop cooling. It was great until now; it has a cool window you can see through, it makes great ice and cold filtered water, it has a ton of nice storage compartments, it is power friendly; but the most important thing is that I don't have to buy a new one more than once a decade. Apparently 3 years is a reasonable amount of time for LG, and now I have to pay for a repair service which will cost $150 for them to just look at it, and probably cost hundreds more, if they can fix it at all!

I gave LG a call and they said that a private repair service is my only option. I did all the things they recommended (unplugging and plugging back in, defrosting and waiting 24 hours, taking off the back panel and cleaning the coils), but besides that there is no way that LG is going to stand by their products apparently. I paid over $2,000 for this fridge, and I am stunned that it is already broken. Don't buy refrigerators from LG! I wish I could return it because I can't afford a new one, so now I just have a cooler filled with ice sitting next to a big dumb warm box with that is a constant reminder of what a bad company LG is. Buyer beware I guess. :(

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Benjamin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 2, 2020

Pricey fridge. Broke in 2.5 years. LG unable to schedule an appointment to fix for almost an entire week. Tried to call local repair shops. No one will touch it. They say it all has to go through LG. Like buying a Porsche but without getting service to justify the hideously expensive product. Would never buy this line of appliance again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: March 4, 2020

Thanks to Consumer Affairs I was able to get in contact with LG to resolve the issue. My main concern is that when I contacted LG directly I was bounced around and denied service. It took a negative review in Consumer Affairs to get LG to respond and resolve the issue. In my opinion that is a failure in itself. The customer should get this service by contacting LG directly. A third party need not be required to obtain the necessary attention.

Once we were given attention the service was 5 Star. The technician (Steve) was very knowledgeable, professional, and quick. The initial communication and the follow up was great. The 2 star rating is being applied due to the manner in which we had to follow to get LG’s attention for a known quality issue with the compressor on our unit. In addition I have concern that the replacement compressor will fail within 20-24 months and we will be back on Consumer Affairs again to get LG’s attention.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Updated on 05/17/2020: In less than 90 days After having LG install a new compressor the compressor on our LG Refrigerator has failed again!!! We are at risk of losing the 2-3 weeks worth of groceries!!! This past March LG sent a technician out to replace the compressor. At that time we were told that the original compressor had a faulty valve and failed in no part because of anything that we did. At that point we lost a weeks worth of groceries. This time with the pandemic we are at trial of losing 2-3 weeks worth of groceries. This is unacceptable. We need a resolution that works for more than 90 days. Is it too much to ask to have a working refrigerator? The refrigerator itself is less than three years old and was purchased brand new. This is the second complaint that I have filed on Consumer Affairs for this issue.

Original review: On February 25th we noticed that our refrigerator temperature was rising. Items within the refrigerator were warming up and the items in the freezer were beginning to thaw. Using the ThinQ app we ran a diagnostic analysis that revealed that the unit was in Defrost mode. The unit remained in defrost mode for the next two days regardless of adjustments to the temperature setting using the control panel. We could not adjust the temperature through the ThinQ app. We attempted to reset the unit by unplugging the refrigerator for 20 minutes. After verifying the power source we reconnected the unit. At that time the ThinQ app was able to adjust the temperature. We re-ran the diagnostic analysis and the unit is no longer in Defrost mode. However the internal temperature of the refrigerator and the freezer are not dropping to meet the programmed temperatures.

After plugging the unit back we have noticed an audible difference in the sound coming from the compressor at the rear of the unit. Based on the 5 year warranty on the compressor from LG we would like to schedule a service visit to confirm if the compressor is working properly. We have lost all of the items that we had within the refrigerator and the freezer. We would like to purchase additional groceries and produce but we cannot until this matter is resolved. Please advise on how we are to proceed.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Vaughn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Wow my fridge isn’t even 2 years old and it’s broken! I have called customer support and twice now techs they were supposed to send out have no showed on me! Its been 2 weeks and my fridge isn’t fixed!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Josee. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I bought a refrigerator with an LG compressor in it in September of 2016. Two days ago it stopped working. I looked at the warranty, parts are covered for 1 year and the compressor is covered for 10 years. After I had a tech out to look at the problem the total cost to repair the fridge was $850 which included a "free" compressor that was covered under the warranty. The issue was all of the other parts that were damaged by the oil leaking out of the faulty compressor are not covered under the parts warranty. This is a total scam by LG who made inferior products. The tech told me the replacement would be the compressor that just broke and I would be back in the same spot 2-3 years from now. Does LG think 2-3 year for a refrigerator is a normal life span??

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Michael. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: April 7, 2020

LG satisfactorily covered the repair to the refrigerator. I would consider purchasing LG appliances.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I bought all four kitchen appliances in summer of 2017. Now 2.5 years later, the refrigerator broke. The condenser and fan need to be replaced. LG doesn't cover labor after 1 year so looking at $700 in repair costs.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Christophe. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Our LG LRBN22514ST refrigerator works fine, but the handles on the refrigerator AND the freezer have broken off! The handles are fine, but LG uses PLASTIC mountings that give out over time - really poor choice! Why not use metal mounts and charge a dollar or two more? I've replaced the bottom refrigerator mount once, but now the part is "no longer available" - same as the freezer handle mount! Now the (otherwise) functioning refrigerator is difficult to open! Planned obsolescence? Good job at that!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Robert. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Our LG fridge over here in Florida, has required 2 compressors and the ice machine does not work. The compressor they replaced stop working 5 years later. They won't replace the part they repaired and now I have to pay out of pocket and lose out on groceries for the week. The fridge was purchased in 2010. In 2015 compressor was replaced. On 2/23/20 same replaced compressor broke.

I called and first person said that compressor was covered and all I would have to do is pay the tech. Called the tech. They didn't have any lg techs. They were hiring. Called back to get an updated list. None was emailed to me. Called back to speak to a manager and she said I am not covered for anything and basically she was just sorry I had to pay for everything on my own. I am stuck without a fridge and groceries that I have to throw out. She also stated the first customer service made no note of being covered for the compressor.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Rehana. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased a 30 cubic foot super capacity French door refrigerator in 2017 and now my second compressor is gone. The place I purchased it from no longer sells LG products. I called 4 repair technicians. I can't get anyone to come out and work on it. I paid $4,000 plus tax for this fridge thinking it was going to last me a long time. Not to mention the 2 fridge loads of food thrown out. We are a family of 6.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Marty. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Updated on 04/01/2020: Please, would someone contact me from LG? You sent a very nice repairman in February. He said the dishwasher was not level, so he leveled it. Now, we set it to wash a load, it plays music after about 3 minutes and shuts off. We set it again, the same thing. We set it again and it may or may not continue washing. We set it TWICE last night before retiring and this morning, it's filthy. 1- when I reported this problem after 'repair', no response. 2 - The dishwasher pods are pricey to begin with but more expensive when loads have to be rewashed. Would you please arrange a repairman appointment? PLEASE!

Original review: We are in the home building business, so it's not as if we purchase appliances every 25 years. LG has left us extremely disappointed. Dishwasher: 3 hours 45 minutes for a wash cycle??? The standard cycle fails to do a decent job unless it's half empty and even then we end up washing by hand. If it didn't cost us an arm and leg I'd bash the front it and throw it on the curb.

Fridge: The drawers consist of plastic high & lows. Liquids & crumbs get stuck and no way to get out. Embarrassing to the point that we cringe when anyone outside the family open the doors. Ice maker is pathetic, makes about 1/2 quart of ice. Range: The vents face the burners so when the oven is on and we have pots or pans on the burners cooking, the head from oven hits the pots. So hot that a couple hands have been burned. Had to purchase the silicon half mitts to keep on the handles to avoid injury. My mother's old Whirlpools are so much better. Not only a disappointment but we feel we wasted a few thousand dollars. :-(

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Gigi. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

The 10 year warranty that covers the compressor is not worth the paper it is printed on. My fridge is running hot to get it fixed under warranty I have to pay $250.00 for labor. The only thing covered is the part. I asked how long will it take to change the compressor, 2 to 3 hours I'm told. At what cost per hour, can't tell me that. I asked if they could come out if it is the compressor can they leave it and I will have it installed, told no. I asked if I could find my own certificated LG technician told no they will not supply the compressor. So the only option is pay the $250 or risk having someone charge me double because LG can't tell me how much it will cost per hour for a tec. Also have an LG dishwasher not working, both appliances less than 6 years old. Either have a warranty or don't because this so called one is not worth it. I will never buy LG again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Frank. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

My refrigerator leaks and the shelve are broken, plus ice maker gets clogged!! I already paid to repair and it's doing the same thing less than a year later!! This is pretty disappointing since I paid over 1500.00 for this refrigerator. I'm very disappointed!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kim. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased LG model LMXS27626S French door refrigerator in June 2016 and one week ago it stopped cooling and freezing. When I called LG for service and scheduled an appointment I was told that I would have to pay for the labor to fix the problem. A little research on the internet and this website reveals that this is a known problem for LG. In fact, there is a class action lawsuit being put together for this very problem. I am very unhappy to have spent so much money on a product that LG knew was going to fail.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2020

We were very upset initially with our expensive LG refrigerator breaking after 3 1/2 years which left us living out of coolers for a week, losing 80% of the items in our refrigerator and freezer due to spoilage. We were finally able to speak with an LG Representative on the phone within 24 hours to discuss the problem and LG came through and stood behind their product by conducting a repair with upgraded new parts and a software update to help eliminate future problems.

We had an extended warranty through an authorized LG retailer we purchased from. LG took over the repair order, sent their internal LG Service Direct Technician to our home and conducted the repair. The technician was very professional and highly skilled. The repair only took 1 hour.

We were very concerned about parts being ordered and having to wait an additional 1-2 weeks after diagnostic testing. Not the case! Repair was complete on 26 FEB 2020, 6 days after breakage. 5 hours after the repair completion, the ice maker was producing ice, freezer was working, and the refrigerator was cold. Seems like a good repair. I would like to thank LG for their support in this matter regarding our refrigerator repair. We look forward to enjoying our LG appliances now and in the future.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: June 2016 purchased Compact LG French Door Refrigerator with Linear Inverter Compressor $2499 + tax + extended warranty= $3100.00. FEB 2020 compressor failed, stopped cooling, lost refrigerator items and most meat in freezer. Came home to water in floor and everything warm in the fridge. MARCH 2020 Upgraded Compressor. Finally replaced under warranty and software updated (long wait for repair due to back log). APRIL 2020, I personally installed two NSF Certified refrigerator thermometers in the freezer and refrigerator to monitor temps which should be factory spec at 0 degrees freezer and 37 degrees refrigerator.

JUNE 2020 (New Compressor failing again). Milk warm during breakfast meal (not right). Checked temps, 46 degrees fridge, 20 degrees freezer, ice maker working. Liquid and air mixture squishing noises audible like it was traveling through the system as well as gurgling noises like the compressor was struggling. Unplugged fridge for 3 minutes and the liquid gushing noises continued for 2/3 minutes while unplugged from power source. Plugged back in and temps fluctuate between 5 - 20 degrees freezer and 40-46 degrees refrigerator (will not cool to factory specs).

JUNE 22, 2020 Called LG to get service again for 2nd failure. LG authorized the repair under warranty through an local authorized LG repair center. LG is on limited support with minimal staff with reduced call center hours (no longer 24 hours) due to COVID 19. JULY 3, 2020 is scheduled repair appointment for 3rd compressor replacement or other repairs causing the problem.

We do not trust this refrigerator! We buy only the food we need for several days which means more frequent trips to the grocery store. I expect better from LG. I expect a complete diagnostic and cooling system replacement, not just throw a new compressor at it, obviously that’s not working. If the 3rd compressor fails, I expect a new replacement refrigerator delivered for all the hassle we have gone through and the premium price tag we handed over to LG for a quality product resulting in nothing but a headache and hassle. My advice is to anyone is to stay as far away as you can from LG Refrigerators and Linear Inverter Compressors. They are EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE. If you have kids or multiple people in your home, think REAL HARD before you buy and LG Refrigerator. What a Nightmare!

What’s good:

- we like the looks and features
- perfect size for our home

- LG stands behind the warranty & repairs, it just takes a long time to get repairs due to soo many failures.

Original Review: We purchased this compact French door LG Refrigerator Model LFXC24726 in June of 2016 at Best Buy (and an entire kitchen remodel with "ALL NEW" LG appliances based on consumer reports and Good Housekeeping good reviews). For the past week starting on or about 13 FEB 2020, a small puddle of water developed on the floor under the refrigerator and the contents inside seemed like they were warmer than usual. I thought maybe the wife spilled some water....

On Valentine's Day (2020), we had made coffee in the morning and I grabbed the gallon of skim milk that I had just purchased a few days ago which had an expiration date of 18 FEB 2020. I poured the milk into my Coffee, took a big swig and "YUK"! I spit the coffee into the sink because the milk was sour (but it seemed cold enough not to spoil). We thought it was from the location of purchase. So we got another gallon of milk and all seemed fine for a couple days, food seemed fine and then all the sudden, things were very warm inside "AGAIN" which resulted in the refrigerator on 20 FEB 2020 leaving another LARGER puddle of water on the floor coming from melted ice in the ice maker.

The water was dripping from the hinged bottom corner fo the door and seemed to be coming from in between the door panel and insulation. The food inside the refrigerator was not even cool. I grabbed a bottle of carrot juice and it felt warm. I opened the freezer and the meat & veggies were almost thawed out completely. This cooling problem had to be going on for at least a day for the freezer to thaw out this far. I knew it was a problem because we take care of our home and appliances. I'm very mechanically inclined (mechanic) and when items run out of warranty such as washing machines, dryers, etc... I diagnose the problem, order my own parts and repair them, not a big deal. I'm not going to attempt to mess with motherboards, compressors and refrigerant, not my lane! Replacing a door seal, no big deal. Time to call Best Buy to process an extended warranty claim.

INSPECTION: I vacuumed the fan vents on the back of the refrigerator which were not clogged and I clean these vents every 6 months religiously. Checked the ice maker for obstructions (none). Checked the vents for blockage (none). Proceeded to unplug the refrigerator, wiped it down inside, I thought maybe letting it sit for 15 minutes unplugged will reset it, NOPE! Reset the breakers in the house, NOPE! Made sure another device would work in the same electrical socket, YEP, WE GOT POWER! IT IS BROKEN!

ACTION: Called Best Buy to start a repair using my extended 5 year protection plan. Got the appointment all set up for diagnostics. Put as much food on ice as we could because food isn't cheap, especially a freezer full of meat! AND MY WIFE JUST WENT GROCERY SHOPPING, Arrgggg....I'm mad! ACTION WITH LG: Called LG support line and spoke with the Automated ANDROID hoping to speak to a real person to use this diagnostic device to determine the problem. There was no option available to speak with an LG Representative reference my concerns which I'm not happy about. There is this built in SMART DIAGNOSTICS device built into the refrigerator that can tell LG what the problem is, BUT IT DOESN'T HELP ME and I PAID FOR IT!

I went ahead and went through the process of giving their android the responses it asked for and I got a text message with a link to assist with troubleshooting. I went through the steps provided, making sure Store DEMO mode was shut off, checking power, checking temperature settings, making sure no air obstructions, etc...(which I had already did, common sense). At no point was there an option to use this SMART DIAGNOSTICS feature equipped on my refrigerator that I know I paid for (nothing is for free).

CONCLUSION: This refrigerator should not be failing in 3 1/2 years, NO WAY! This was a $2800.00 refrigerator. These LG Linear Inverted compressors with a 10 YR warranty I believe are problematic along with the electronics that control them, look at all these reviews, when are they going to be recalled? My opinion is that LG knew there was a problem with all these refrigerators hence the reason why there is a SMART DIAGNOSTIC feature, THAT ONLY THEY CAN USE (and you pay for it). They want to see what parts are failing and on which model, for their own internal reasons which makes me wonder if they knew all these problems could potentially occur from their own internal testing and they needed the data to come up with a fix should huge recall come down.

What am I going to do after the 5 year warranty runs out? Hope that the next part fails is covered by LG and I pay for labor. I don't want to go down that road. NO MORE LG PRODUCTS FOR ME. I trusted Good Housekeeping and Consumer Reports for these products. I guess I should have went with my gut opinion and got the appliances that were manufactured by a well known source (GE, Whirlpool, etc..) which are still in my parents house and in use from 20 years ago and still working without issues.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ron. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

LG 4 door French Door Refridge. I purchased a Refrigerator in December 2016 which makes it 3 years old, in April 2019 I had to have a new compressor installed already, now both the freezers are creating snow and ice and I can't open the drawers. I called and they told me that I had to defrost the entire refrigerator/freezer first and wait 8 hours. Not only did I do that I waited two days to make sure everything was dry, once I determined that it was, I plugged the unit back in, overnight it started to create ice and snow again. I called back, after 45 minutes on the phone with someone I could hardly understand, giving them every number possible and all the info, they pass me to the scheduling dept to have someone come out to look at it, they charged me $125 up front service fee just to have tech come out to my home, that does not include the repair or parts, really!

This is only a three year old appliance, that has had problems already, what piece of junk. I am 55 years old and for once in my life I was able to afford a better product, well that was what I thought I was getting, paying a heavy price for the refrigerator, I thought LG was supposed to be a great product, well WRONG, they truly don't care about us, they want us to do all this troubleshooting first, I don't pretend to be an engineer, they should be sending out a tech for free especially for a three year old unit. I am so disgusted with LG. I will never purchase any of their products again. I am sure this refrigerator will cause me so much grief and money that I will have to get rid of it. And furthermore, I have a 20 year old GE refrigerator in my garage that I have never had to have any service on and it stills works great, just a little rust on it, so I moved it to the garage, It beats LG for sure. BUY AMERICAN FOLKS!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: March 2, 2020

I should have called LG in the first place, my mistake. LG has been great resolving my issue very quickly, Fridge is working even better than before and the guy that did the repair did more than expected.. He was great! LG made the service appointment, guy called me next day, ordered parts I needed and came the same day the tech was to fix it. I just thought LG was sending the tech to see what was wrong with it, but to my surprise it was going to get FIXED that day!!! I honestly have renewed faith in LG and all the LG stuff I own now. Thanks for a great experience!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Came home after a weekend trip and seen that my LG fridge was not cooling. Bought the fridge only 4 years ago. Then it totally went out. Put all food in a cooler outside. Had an independent contractor come out weeks later after I was told by my so called "Home Warranty Company", which was supposed to have my back on things like this DENIED my claim. First American Home Warranty obviously knew what was going on with the lawsuit is my best guess!

Anyway, The contractor said it was my compressor, it wasn't working. He said I can probably get a new compressor from LG since it was under warranty but it would cost me $600.00 in labor costs. He recommended me to just get a new fridge though, seriously honest guy he was. Then after googling fridges because I needed to buy a new one, I came across reviews and articles about the LG Inverted Compressor, there is a nationwide class action lawsuit against LG and this problem with the compressor!!!! And they are still selling them, with no articles or anything that they have fixed the problem! I spent $2,400 on this fridge just 4 years ago. And paid my home warranty company probably have as much, Unreal!!!! So Frustrated with LG right now, and I still have a LG dishwasher, LG Oven, LG washer and LG dryer.... Can't wait to see what happens next!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Timothy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

LG Fridge Compressor dead 5 years after purchase, just after warranty expired. Contact LG support and only get a text link that doesn't work with Android phone..when enter description, which is mandatory, the Submit and Back button disappear, so can't send message. No way to speak to a human. Local repair companies won't work on this model fridge and if they do, it is cheaper to buy a new one. LG phone that is 2-3 years old is also no longer functioning correctly, battery dead after 30 minutes of surfing, blacks out, and freezes up daily. I'm in IT at work so am careful with all electronics. Need a new fridge and phone. Not buying LG anymore! Out over $2,500.00 this month on LG and no customer service seems to be available to speak to. Life is NOT GOOD.:/

LG Refrigerators response
Hello Christine. We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to assist you. However, we were unsuccessful in locating your file using the contact information provided. Can you provide any and all telephone numbers used or referenced while communicating with LG. The model/serial combination of the unit as well as any case numbers you may have received by a LG representative.

Thank you for allowing us to step in and assist.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My 3 yr old LG fridge compressor stopped working. It is the linear compressor and when the technician came to repair the fridge he stated the compressor needs to be replaced with an updated model. This did not fix the fridge. The 2nd attempt was a different company that stated the first repair was wrong and replaced the compressor and lower evaporator. This still didnt fix the fridge.

The first tech returned and stated the lower evaporator was installed incorrectly and attempted a repair with little confidence it would work. I have contacted LG and they refuse to replace or fix the fridge at this point because I cannot find the receipt. I contacted the location I purchased it and I am unable to get a copy of the receipt. At this point the $3800 fridge is just a large paperweight that will cost me to recycle. LG has horrible customer service and refuses to honor their warranty and back their service techs work. I would not recommend buying LG and will not make another LG purchase again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ted.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We purchased the French for LG refrigerator 2-3 years ago and it stopped cooling yesterday. We called LG support. The lady was nice, telling us to try this and that, but nothing worked. She then gave me a phone number to call for local service, with all cost paid by the customer. It is not good for such a giant piece of appliance to work for just 2-3 years. I called the local service anyhow. The stop by per se is $100, and the estimated repair cost (compressor issue-- it is cold when plugged in) is $650. Looks like this is a very common issue with this LG machine. Can LG do anything about it?

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Yandy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

We did 2 1/2 yrs of research before choosing a 4 door LG refrigerator in 2017. We have loved everything about this refrigerator. The features, shelving, & the consistent reviews of reliability. Friends & family who have seen it have said their next appliance will be an LG like our refrigerator. They all have been very impressed. Sadly, we awoke Sat. to find it not cooling. The settings said one thing but the interior temp kept rising. We fortunately were able to remove the contents before they spoiled.

My husband called the service number & waited over an hour for a customer service tech. We then called from another phone to get through & the very nice representative did a remote diagnostic on it. A feather we love & didn't know it came with when we purchased it. She advised us to turn it off for 8hrs & then turn it back on. We did exactly as she said but it's still not cooling. We now are awaiting a call to confirm repair service. We are anxious because we don't really want to replace this refrigerator. We love its features & waited a long time before we purchased it. We are seniors who thought we would have this refrigerator for at least 10 yrs. We are hoping that our warranty will get us through this. This was our first LG product purchase. I hope this experience will be good so we can be loyal customers.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mary. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We purchased our refrigerator in November of 2015. Customer no service is worse than terrible. Our refrigerator broke down in August of 2019. It is now February 2020. We have had a working refrigerator for 3 days. Since then repair is a nightmare. Only comes on their schedule (A&E) and only when they want. If you ask to speak to management they hang up on you or put you thru transferring you to all incorrect departments. When they hang up on you they block your number so you cannot call back. The 4th person that came out said the parts he was installing looked used. Gosh wonder why they didn't work. Last person out said defect in refrigerator design was the problem even if they order parts will not work. He called LG. They are sending parts to "repair" defective refrigerator. LG model #lmxs30776s.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kari.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Updated on 3/30/2020: So after a good amount of time I thought maybe maybe our problems with this LG fridge was over. LG sent out a repairman who was a nice guy and over two appointments he attempted to fix the problems. And now a week or maybe two weeks later it’s so much worse. Now after correcting the ice maker issue by adapting or changing lines from the freezer to the ice maker and doing something else with the freezer motor or what have you, we notice this morning water leaking from the door where the ice maker is located. After trying to clean up the water we realize it’s not cold in the ice maker compartment and then realize the freezer is not working and half the contents are thawed or half thawed. It must have been happening during the night at some point. Now we have all this food about to ruin soon. This fridge is a nightmare. It has been 4 years of hell. It is just a waste of almost $4,000 dollars!

Original Review: I had many LG products when I bought my $4,000 fridge. I was so excited and for us that’s an expensive purchase. Within a year the problems started. We’ve had the fridge fail several times including the famous linear compressor problem now in class action suit. But water runs inside the walls and freezes in the middle drawer chiller section. It rusts the wheels or rollers and now we can’t use the middle drawer. Not a crisper drawer inside but the big whole drawer in the middle which costs you another 1k to have the 4 drawer fridge. It’s useless. They can’t find the parts for the back wheels. The front ones don’t fit. They’ve sent out repair people which we have to pay for and they’ve sent out a dozen parts all of which don’t work and we pay for. We’ve been dealing with customer service supervisor Alexandra ** for 6 months and she can’t or won’t get anything done. LG is a scam company stealing money from consumers!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Neal, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

On the surface, this is an awesome refrigerator. It looks good, has lots of space and makes ice like crazy. Too bad it's broken down 4 times in as many years. The first time was because it wasn't properly ventilated. Never mind that our Frigidaire that we keep in the garage goes through winter and summer cycles without complaint and cost about 1/4 of what this one did. Ok, my bad. That one was at least covered under warranty. Next time it was the compressor. And the time after that, the water valve. Now the freezer light of out (probably the freezer drawer switch). This is pathetic. The last couple of problems weren't covered and neither will this one be.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jim. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I purchased an LG French door refrigerator from Home Depot and it was delivered and installed on 05/25/2016. It has worked great up until 01/24/2020 when it no longer kept food frozen or cold. Followed troubleshooting guide in owner's manual, still did not work. Called LG on 01/25/2020 as the unit is under warranty and it took 5 days before repairman (45 miles away) could check the unit. Upon testing on 1/29, he found that the compressor and dryer went bad. It has now been 2 weeks and finally all parts are in, but repair facilities 1st opening is on Friday 2/14. That means 22 days of dining out for meals, which is not cheap. So, if you decide to purchase an LG refrigerator, I suggest you purchase a back up or you will lose in my case, a month's worth of food.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Raymond, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We bought a new LG refrigerator from Home Depot. After a couple of days we realized the bottom freezer drawer did not close properly. We contacted LG and the first repairmen they sent thought it was the slides that needed to be replaced and put in a order for that. This last one came and told us that wasn't the problem, and that the whole door and bracket assembly needed to be replaced. We asked for a new unit and they said no, we had to see if the replacement door and assembly worked. And it may take up to 5 weeks to get it them. This is a brand new unit. We should not have to suffer because they produced a poor product. This should be their problem, not ours. We will not purchase their products again. We are not impressed with the company, the product or their customer service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello John, that first message was sent in error. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We had purchased a LG 3 door refrigerator in 2014 month of October, yesterday it stopped cooling or making ice. We called the number listed on the refrigerator. Got a automated system that sent us a text message to troubleshoot the problem. We did exa5 as was given in the text. Waited 24 hours, woke up this morning and that refrigerator was still not cooling or made any ice. Called LG back. Spoke with one of their service representatives who informed me what I already knew that if it was my compressor I have a 10 year warranty on this part but I would have to pay a service call charge and a labour charges if it was the compressor. The charges were as follows. 125.00 for the service call and if compressor labour is 250.00. Researching online I found that there a class action lawsuit against them for this issue. They have known about this and have kept continuing to sell these refrigerators with this issue.

Also while researching I found out that this happens after 5 years and my extended warranty has expired. This is not right. I asked the representative about my food loss and he state to me after I had this repair done to call back and speak to a customer service representative and they would give me a compensation for my food loss but I needed receipts for the food I had in my refrigerator. I asked him who keeps their receipts and he brushed it off by stating call after the repair is complete and speak to the food loss department. I have a receipt but it won't let me upload. Says my file is bigger than 5MB. I will never buy a lg product again. A very disgruntled customer. Ivan

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ivan, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information