1.57/5

2395 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We purchased a condo 2 yrs ago with a Kenmore French door refrigerator. We found out the fridge was made by LG. Shortly after moving in the refrigerator quit working. We lost a lot of food. It took forever to get a repairman out and had to spend money on eating out and take out food. We were told it was a computer part and it would takes weeks to get the part. Literally we went the entire summer without a fridge. It worked for a while and now it is not working. Was told by a repairman that LG is the worst fridge anyone can buy. He has many calls on this brand (LG)... We lost more money on food bc we had to unplug fridge for 48 hours and plug in for another 24 to get to temp. It held temp for 5 days and is breaking again temp in fridge. Now 57 & climbing. Will never buy LG anything. Please advise if CLASS ACTION SUIT.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have a beautiful black SS French door refrigerator (LFXS30766D) that I simply love, or did love. IT IS BROKEN. The compressor has gone out. It has been two weeks already and Warrantech says it should not take more than a MONTH to get it fixed. I wish I had seen all of these complaints about the compressors going out on the LG's before I bought it. We are getting the run around. Lots of spoiled food, a lot of waste. Why don't they make good products anymore? This fridge was made in 2015 Nov and I have had it for only a year and a half.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Well, like many other reviews on this site, my LFXS30726S refrigerator's compressor went out. I don't think LG should boast about their "linear compressor" when it fails so quickly. The LG tech was just here and said he would contact me with availability of the compressor as it's on back order. If I hear what I've read in many of these posts, that it's been weeks to get repaired, it will not be a happy home. I bought it at Home Depot and I'm not sure why they would carry such a poor product and associate themselves with a company like LG. I'd like to stand in the appliance area at Home Depot and steer people clear of the LG products.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We bought a LG. LFXS30766S refrigerator. Started having problems within 6 months of ice forming in back panel of unit. Called LG and got the runaround. Continued problems for 1 1/2 years and the compressor breaks down. We were without a refrigerator for 3 weeks waiting on replacement. LG can't make these things fast enough to keep up with the defects! Repair guys came in and replaced the inside back panel as well as compressor for cost of $300. This lasted 3 days and now it has broken down again! Don't know how much longer it will take for another replacement and how long it will last. DO NOT BUY LG! They don't back their products!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We bought a side by side Refrigerator Freezer in June of 2015, on August 10th it decided to die. I believe it was the compressor. I called LG and they gave me 3 different numbers to call. Two of them were out of state. I called the first number and they said they would charge me $600 just to come look at it, and then they would have to order parts.

In the mean time all of my food was spoiling. Neither of the other two numbers answered their phones. Obviously no one was available to even look at the refrigerator. It's not like We were forced to go buy a new one you can go for weeks without a refrigerator. I will never buy another LG product, as the reviews show they make defective products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I think LG refrigerator owners who are experiencing repeated compressor problems should file a Class Action Lawsuit against LG for a full original purchase price refund and subsequent repair and warranty plan costs incurred for inferior product design and manufacture. Our LG French Door Refrigerator Model LMXX30776S/01 is also experiencing compressor failures. Purchased in February, 2015, the original compressor was replaced in September, 2016. Now, August, 2017 that compressor is also failing. Temperatures continue dropping in the refrigerator, freezer, and mid drawer sections even though I continue lowering the temperature set points. The ice maker is also producing small cubes at a very slow pace, and they begin melting and forming refrigerator icebergs.

My wife purchased the Warrantech Extended Warranty through hhgregg. Recently Wil, the LG repair tech from Fredericksburg, VA, was at my home to service the unit. He measured temperatures, low and high side line pressures, and voltage. He cleaned some dust from the back of the refrigerator and left. He said he could not stay and further monitor the unit because it went into the defrost cycle. He told me to call him after a day or two to let him know if I was still having problems. I called and left a message on his phone. I have not received a return phone call. The temperatures continue to drop. Refrigerator performance continues to deteriorate, and $3,000.00+ has been wasted on a extremely poor product.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Broken LFXC24726S. Same problems as described by users below. Bought 13 months ago, unit is still under warranty as I bought it at Costco. LG tech came over, said compressor is broken but could not fix as it is backordered and no ETA. Both LG and Costco refuse to replace. Let me know in case of class action lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought an LG Fridge Model LSC 24971ST in October 2012. It stopped working June 2017. I made many phone calls to Customer Care (or No Care) Centre on Telephone 1-888-542-2623 continuously for five weeks but nothing was done. Finally LG got back to me and told me whatever the problem is, they will have it fixed for a flat rate of $229. I paid them $229, hoping that the problem will be solved now. Few days later an LG worker came to check the fridge, only to tell me that the fridge cannot be fixed. I would have to buy another $4000 fridge from LG. It was hard for me to believe this fridge cannot be fixed, so I called somebody else to have the fridge checked, which is when I found out that the compressor has stopped working and just needs to be replaced.

LG was trying to CHEAT me and make me buy another fridge from them. They wouldn't even return the $229 flat rate that I paid them to have the fridge fixed. After arguing with them for weeks, they finally agreed that they will have the compressor replaced at the FLAT RATE of $229 but the part is NOT available for the time being. If such a BIG company like LG fails to find its own part, why I must suffer...? Weeks passed and they could not even find their own part. Bottom line is, LG COMPANY TRIES TO CHEAT YOU. The fridge could easily be fixed by replacing the compressor (which was still under warranty), but LG wanted to CHEAT me into just buying another $4000 fridge from them. They gave me a very hard to time; for months I kept arguing with them. Never buying an LG product ever again!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have never written a review before but this issue has me so angry I felt the need. Our fridge is 2 years old. We wanted the best for our brand new kitchen... So sadly ALL MY APPLIANCES (WASHER AND DRYER INCLUDED) ARE LG!!! I wish I had my money back. I started talking to LG about my issues in mid-July. I was given two service people in my area to work on my fridge, which was at that time freezing all the crispers to the point I can keep nothing there. The fridge is 60m degrees, crispers at 20, "chilling drawer" at 20-30, depending on its mood that day and the freezer is holding at 0. One repairman came, talked to tech services and was told then there was a service bulletin on this model. He followed the tech's advice and order a new board and a seal. (Customer service lied to me and said there was no service bulletin... told them my husband saw it and read it so they were lying about that!!!)

Waited a week for the part. He installed and left. That evening the same error showed up in the screen... E rF... again! Tech support had told him this meant a fan error. He comes back to then tell me TS wants me to shut down the fridge for 24 hours so it can "reset", which means you are really without a unit for 48 hours as it takes 24 for it to reach correct cooling temp. So we follow their request and start life out of a cooler. That seems like a very long time ago... Needless to say, the shutdown did not work. The error returned, servicemen refused to come back so I called the other name given to me. He flat out refused to come, stating he had one just like it in his shop that LG (the largest appliance company in the world), could not tell him how to fix, and he wasn't going to get stiffed by them for his effort.

I have spoken to LG several times and am currently without a fridge, have a $341 bill for the misplaced efforts on repair attempt, and am waiting another 7-10 days until they decide to let me know if they will fix or replace. I can only assume from what I have learned that LG has a product with such a problem in multiple systems that they have NO IDEA how to fix and can only hope we will give up and just go spend another $3000-$4000 on a new one!!! I have lost hundreds of $$$ in food and expense of eating out because of this.

I do not plan on giving up... I plan on turning them over to the Better Business Bureau and contacting a Lemon Law lawyer. I can totally understand that at times things don't work as designed but to tell customers they don't know what you expect is not acceptable to me. They have lost a very good customer over this whole issue. Add up in your heads, LG management, how much your top of the line appliances cost for a new kitchen and laundry room and tell me how many customers you can tick off before you wake up!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We purchased LG French Door refrigerator 2012. Every year we have had service. I keep paying a fortune for the extended warranty increasing the cost to over $3000.00 now. Now the compressor went last Monday, and a week later, they cannot even tell me when the part will be in, it is on back order. I explained to several people that this is our only refrigerator. We lost everything in the freezer and refrigerator with the exception of some items that fit in our outdoor camp size refrigerator. We have been buying ice, for the cooler to keep milk in the house. Today they still cannot give me an ETA on the part. This is offensive, that you pay good money to purchase the product, good money to insure the product, and then you wait and I was told it take weeks. No loaner, no replacement. I WOULD TELL EVERYONE LOOKING AT REVIEWS, do your homework, do not purchase LG.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Our 2.5 year LG LSX526326S refrigerator stopped working this morning. It's blowing barely cool air and not keeping food cold... I am pretty sure we only had a 2 year warranty and spent just under $2000 for the refrigerator back in December 2014... Very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Our LG refrigerator wasn't 3 years old and the compressor went. It was covered under a 10 year warranty through LG. 2 days after it broke a LG repairman came out and said it would be a 6 week wait for a compressor. That was unacceptable. Tried calling LG customer service a few times. And kept getting the runaround. We bought it at Best Buy. LG was telling us that Best Buy was responsible even though it's on paper that the compressor is LG's responsibility. They did not want to give me what I paid for and deserved. Either a repair in a timely manner or a replacement. After 3 weeks and help from Best Buy I finally got approved for a new refrigerator. And needless to say I did not get a LG this time around. I wouldn't buy an alarm LG alarm clock.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I bought a new LG refrigerator Model LFXS29766S from Home Depot for $2700. After only 14 months the compressor failed. The repairman said this compressor was back ordered and it will be several weeks to get a new one installed. Apparently LG has a major reliability problem with this compressor design. Thank goodness for my 25 year old Sears in the garage. It has been running well since day one with absolutely zero maintenance or repair. I will not buy anything from LG in the future.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I am having the same problem everyone else is having with their refrigerator. It broke down nearly three weeks ago. I do have a warranty which pays for parts but not repair, however all my food was bad and needed to be thrown away. Had a service man, who was very nice and helpful, who stayed for hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally after coming back many times he realized it might be the compressor. Had to order it thru LG which came 5 days later. Now realize I have no refrigerator at this time that works. Couldn't they send it over night delivery?

Okay, now service man puts the new compressor in and the next day it worked!! Started getting ice, went to the store to buy food and spent $200. Very happy until today one day later, I wanted to defrost my London broil, which happened to be defrosted already because my refrigerator was broken again. I knew something was up when I had a smell in my kitchen. If there will be a suit against LG I would love to be a part of it. This refrigerator was a lot of money and I'm sure everyone else feels this way too! I will never buy an LG product again!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

We bought a refrigerator back two years ago. We didn't have it for more than two months and the compressor already let go. Then the year after the refrigerator is not making ice and the freezer is not freezing. We tried to call to get it fixed but when we bought it from is closed in our extended warranty is not worth the toilet paper on the wall. After reading all these complaints I believe LG needs to have a class-action suit against them so they recall these models and redo. It is not fair to us the consumer to have to spend all this money and have a piece of junk for the product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

My husband and I purchased a new LG refrigerator just 2 years ago. TWO weeks ago right before July 4th everything defrosted and melted in the freezer and the refrigerator went warm. I called LG warranty service and purchased a service plan. They scheduled to come July 6th. They cancelled that appointment because they overbooked pushed me back to July 11th. Five days later. This brings us to July 10th by 4 o clock I haven't heard from them with the scheduled time so I called them. I found out they cancelled again! They didnt even have the decency to call. They would not give us a date when someone could get here. We were told we would receive a callback in 1 to 2 business days with a date. We refused to accept this or hang up because they can not be trusted. Over a long time probably a hour later we finally got a date. Saturday. Another 5 days.

So we have been out a ref for 2 weeks. Tried to call someone ourselves to get this fixed. They came said it might be the fan but they are unable to get the part because LG won't give them the look up a number so we have 2 options wait another 5 days and hope they actually come or buy a new refrigerator. 2000 dollars down the drain for a new refrigerator. So beware when buying LG appliances. It's safe to say I will never ever buy an LG product again. LG corporation also did nothing. All they wanted to do is confirm our appointment. I can do that dont need them to do that for us. So stand clear of LG got sold a lemon and can't even get it fixed. Updates repair man came 2 weeks later got the new compressor and guess what still doesn't work. I am a month without a refrigerator with 2 kids in the summer. Never again will I go with LG for anything.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

On June 7 of this year my saga with LG started. They attempted the first repair on my not quite two year old refrigerator (LSFD2491ST) which has an extended warranty on top of being under manufacturer's warranty. Till today there have been 6 repair attempts plus a few more diagnostic visits and they haven't been able to make it work once. Lately the technician whose name is Kevin but won't tell me his last name has become disgruntled. Has failed to show to his appointments 7 times. This means 28 hours of waiting. He has stated on his last two visits that there is nothing he can do and claims he will deem unrepairable but when I call LG they say he has not named it so.

I have asked for alternate solutions with other technicians or perhaps outsourcing to authorized service providers but they just keep rescheduling Kevin who hasn't been able to fix and has just stopped showing up. They say they reached out to him and his manager but nothing happens. The extended warranty company called Warrantech states their hands are tied since they only will use LG. I am out of patience and ideas; seems this company is stalling. This has been disruptive to my family, expensive in having to eat or order out much more often, having to wait for hours for a tech that won't show up and the anxiety that it has produced. Out of patience and idea short of a lawsuit. Anyone with experience in this?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Purchased and LG LFXS32726S a year and a half ago. 6 months after the warranty expiration (of course) it breaks down. Refrigerator stopped cooling but the freezer still works. If I paid for an extended service plan, ($500 or so per year) I could have a tech come out the next day. I called a local repair company who came out and said that the compressor had a small leak and that I should call LG since the part would still be under warranty. I contacted LG who then scheduled an appointment for 4 days later even though with a service plan I could of gotten service the next day. Service tech texted he was on his way, my daughter was home and did not hear him knocking. He never texted me to state he was outside. Just left. I texted him numerous times to see what his progress of arrival was and no response, I called various times and left messages and no response.

I contacted LG customer service who said my ticket was still open (at 10:00 am, tech we found out had come over at 8:34 in the morning). Waited longer and then was told at noon that the call was cancelled because he could not reach me. Funny his first text came in just fine to let me know he was on his way and when I had not heard from him and contacted him numerous times there were only crickets to be heard. Called LG customer service and was given the runaround. First I was given a number to follow up with that was supposed to be where the LG tech was being dispatched from. Called the company, this was a one man show with no employees who did not have a work order sent to him for our repair. Waste of time and aggravation there.

Then with 20+ minute wait times on additional calls to customer service to just be told, "call this company and see if they can help, we have no appointments available this week to reschedule you" and when I asked for a supervisor... 40 minutes later I finally got one. My daughter in the mean time Contacted LG on Twitter and was given phone numbers of repair companies to call. Great customer service right? Here we are a week later with no diagnosis still and now as I am reading many more people are having the same problems. Finally got the repairman to contact me after speaking to the supervisor which was promising and he apologized and stated it must of been a problem with his phone and that he would be there first thing before 8:00 am the next morning. I personally waited for him and called him when he was late. He returned the call after 9:00 am to state he had family problems but was on his way.

He then shows up just to tell me that the fan was frozen and we needed to disconnect the refrigerator and let it defrost. Hmmm when I checked online someone had the same errors and mentioned that it was a refrigerator fan that needed to be replaced so I spoke to my husband and daughter who had by then made a secondary appointment with another LG tech because we were not sure this one was going to show up after yesterday's fiasco. Lo and behold we got a third opinion, they agree with our diagnosis and changed the fan and now it is working again.

One week and $429.63 out of pocket later so far (btw found fan only cost $80.00 online but we did not know how to install) hopefully this fan will last another year and a half so we can get money to buy a new NON LG refrigerator to replace this one! NEVER again will we purchase an LG product. I really thought I was getting quality and value for my money and now we have learned to do even more research before buying pricey appliances like this in our future.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bought this French door LG refrigerator in May 2015 model number- LFXS307668. Paid 3200.00 for it. Leaking water on the floor, not cooling, all food ruined. Been through much of what the others have noted. Run around from LG. Told by a certified LG repairman he has received at least 30 calls this week with the same issue- freon leak, compressor, evaporator, etc. Huge cost to repair. Quoted 700.00 for labor only, no warranty after 90 days from repair and it can easily take a month to get parts as they are backlogged. What a money pit! Wish I would have read these reviews before purchasing. NEVER buying an LG product again. There should be a class action law suit against this company. Read somewhere that some Kenmores are made by LG.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I bought an LG refrigerator with two doors side by side and two freezer doors underneath from Best Buy at west farm mall in Farmington, Connecticut three years ago. The new fridge price was $2,100. Last month the fridge stopped working. Do not know what the problem is. Reading all the reviews with the same problem, I was wondering if I should even call the repairman and spend and lose additional money on this lemon of a refrigerator. If anyone is filing a class action law suit, please let me know.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Purchased in Spring of 2015, and just before the year warranty went out, the ice maker quit working. After a week or two we got that fixed, and while waiting on that repair, my son's LG refrigerator stopped cooling and he was having major issues with getting it repaired b/c it was out of the year warranty (purchased Fall of 2014). Because he was having so many issues, we decided to buy the LG Extended Warranty, just in case, and it was over $500. So now we're in for over $3000 for this refrigerator. FYI, my son junked his after several months b/c he could not find anyone who could/would work in it or even figure out what was wrong with it!!! THEN just this past month, July 18th we returned home from a week's vacation and the refrigerator had stopped working, so we were up until late throwing out over $500 worth of food and cleaning a nasty refrigerator.

My husband called them immediately and started the process of getting the repairs made using the LG Extended Warranty. It took him three calls to just get to the right people that might could help us, and they said it would be the end of the week before anyone could JUST look at it! Well, those folks never called the day before, as promised, so my husband starts calling again. Finally someone showed up on July 28th, but guess what? It's a sealed system and LG wouldn't let them work on it. My husband has spent hours on the phone going from person after person up the chain, and finally on August 2nd he got a supervisor that admitted that they had no one in the State of Louisiana that could even work on our refrigerator!!!

We are waiting for a call by 2:00 today to see what they are going to do about the situation, to fix or replace... oh, and the LG Extended Warranty will only reimburse us for $250 of our food, not to mention we've had to eat out much more and buy a smaller refrigerator just to keep a few cold food items in! LG is a JOKE, both their refrigerators and their LG Extended Warranties!!! STEER CLEAR OF LG REFRIGERATORS!!! I'll let you know what happen when we hear back from LG.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I bought my LG French Door Refrigerator in December of 2014. It cost over $3000 and I was told by the salesman at Home Depot how GREAT the linear Compressor is. I noticed on Sunday that the ice was melted and the temperature was rising. I found my LG information and called Customer service. I was told the earliest they could come out was 4 days later. They also told me that he could not "uninstall" the fridge. It had to be moved out of its slot so he could access it, and it had to be unplugged. I was also told that the compressor was under warranty, but the replacement would be 375-425 PLUS state tax.

Well, after 4 days, I had to throw away all the food that was inside. Probably another $200/300. The guy came out and told me that he would order the parts, but my "cell service" was bad so he couldn't tell me if they even had the compressor in stock. He told me they would come out the next day, unless the part isn't available. Which, reading the forum, looks like it's 5 weeks out. Terrible product. The Sad thing is, that I'm a Realtor. I have caused at least 5 or 6 clients and friends to buy an LG fridge because, the compressor has a 10 year warranty... as if that does any good. I'm a single Mom, and I feel like I have to earn my money twice. Once to kill it and bring it home, and again to make sure it doesn't fly out the window. I'm angry, Frustrated, and defeated.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Like thousands of other LG Refrigerator victims my new LG model LSXS26366S died. I had to throw out over $200.00 worth of fresh food, spent another $1000 on repairs. I called LG speaking to call centers overseas trained to kill you with kindness as they provide no help. Then had to pay a local company to look at it, the technicians said "I hate to tell you you're screwed sir, a sealed system failure." Compressor. Then LG on the 4th day arranged a company that showed up in the 1970 tiny pickup truck, they do not accept credit cards cash only- "yup sealed system failure that will be another $89.00 bucks". $1,100 to fix it.

The Federal Trade Commission is allowing LG Electronics USA to continue to rip-off Americans. LG is aware of their defective compressors & systems. I was told they are back ordered in Korea, could be 2 months before parts become available. A Class Action Lawsuit must be filed to protect Honest Americans from this company. Furthermore - If your large retail chain store is selling LG appliances - YOU ARE RIPPING OFF Your customers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I purchased the LG refrigerator in June 2016 from Home Depot. The compressor failed July 2017. Fortunately, I had purchased the extended 5-year warranty through Home Depot; however, the on going saga of trying to get the unit repaired is unacceptable. It took nearly 10 days to get repairman to the house to diagnose the problem. There were no compressors anywhere within the United States to replace the defective compressor. The compressor was back ordered with a promised delivery date 10 days after the repairman had diagnosed the problem. I expected the compressor to arrive by August 3rd. I was recently informed that it would not arrive before August 17th with a possible installation to occur within 1 to 3 days after that date! This would be over a month to get the refrigerator repaired.

In discussing the problem with the repairman, he informed me that he is seeing numerous compressor problems with the LG refrigerator. Home Depot, although not acknowledging a problem, was good enough to offer a small refrigerator to provide some form of unit for us to have in the interim. I suspect that they know that LG has a major problem that is being 'swept under the rug'. This is a problem that needs further investigation.

I honestly want Home Depot to take the unit back, so I can replace it with another brand. It was the top of the line LG refrigerator, in which I paid nearly $3000. Compressors should not fail within a year's time, and if they do, there should be replacements available in less time than a month. Clearly, LG has some sort of defective design with their refrigerator compressors. As I have investigated the problem online, I noted that there has been at least one class action suit against LG refrigerators in the recent past. I believe that this issue is potentially lining up for another class action suit.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Another pricey LG appliance with a failed compressor at 23 months. At least a month waiting for parts. Ice maker shut off, water valve leaked after the fridge was taken by the repairman and ruined our kitchen floor, and leaked through to basement ceiling and damaged that as well... We were gone for 3 days. Add to that the food that spoiled when the compressor went toes up, and we have learned a very, very expensive lesson about LG refrigerators, and from the comments here, we are not alone. Repairman indicated ours was the 26th compressor failure he has had this year.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

LG side by side refrigerator liner compressor - Just 1 year and 7 months, no cooling, warranty, just a year. I called LG, the compressor has a warranty for a few years, but a technician and diagnostics fees more than $300 plus more parts as needed. If you call for some companies, nobody wants fix LG. "$1500" WASTED. Buy another brand. I recommend to everyone don't buy LG.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I have contacted LG 4 times and they have never called me back. My fridge over time seems to have slowly gotten these dents... bumps... I am not sure if it is from suction of the fridge. Or if there is a space behind that is not solid (I have no idea) but this ABSOLUTELY WAS NOT done by us. We take VERY good care of our stuff... My mother had a fridge that basically did this same thing over time. When I called LG they said it is cosmetic and they will not help me. I do not like the look of this obviously, so I asked them to at least give me a price on a new door. (both sides if you can see are dented. 3 dents on one door. 1 on the other just above the linear emblem) They still have not gotten back to me on this either. DO NOT BUY THIS FRIDGE...

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

11/2014 I purchased a $4,200 door-in-door LG Refrigerator LMXS307765/00 from Home Depot. Frustrated by a tsunami of continuous problems with this product, that resulted in lots of spoiled food after the one year warranty expired. The whole tyranny of which is too numerous to state here, but suffice to say that I feel cheated. There should be real consumer protection laws in this country to at least slow down the abuse to consumers like myself yesterday 07/31/2017. Déjà vu my $4,200 refrigerator is not cooling again...

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We have 5 LG appliances bought in 2011. Washer piece of junk. Today refrigerator shut down. Went back and forth with LG people. Very dissatisfied with their products even after a repairman said washer was deteriorating. Recommend not to buy their products. Wish I didn't.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Refrigerator and freezer intermittently warm up (not defrosting!). Refrigerator compartment goes to 60 degrees and freezer to 40 degrees (contents thaw and melt). Refrigerator less than three years old! Called LG (plan to be on hold forever!!). Had to pay upfront for service contract as some of my system components are still under warranty (would not schedule my appointment until credit card cleared). $362 upfront for one service call. Cheapest plan available. Authorized service dealer that was sent showed up two hours late to a four hour service window (waited 3/4 of day for technician to show). Technician never got a tool out, didn't measure a temperature, didn't remove a panel, never looked behind refrigerator. Unable to diagnose a problem. Worst service experience I have ever had!

Called LG again (did I mention to plan on being on hold forever!). Explained my service experience and asked for a supervisor to help me. Said supervisor would call in next three days; no one called. Called back asked for supervisor to please call me. They promised a call in two days; no one called!!! Called a 4th time and spoke to an LG consumer affairs person. They were no help. Told me to call original service technician. I then cancelled my repair contact less a $100 diagnostic fee. Strongly advise NEVER buy an LG refrigerator. They are unreliable and their technical support is horrible if you have a problem.

LG Refrigerators Company Information