1.84/5
Based on 407 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2281 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2017

Ice maker always breaks. Gets hot every time you open. Total garbage. Ice maker bucket broke after months of use. Ice maker door broke. Compressor shorts cycles always. $2800 fridge total waste of money. Stay away. I would leave a 0. Do not buy. Crap times 2800!!!!

Original review: April 30, 2017

Special ordered a large LG refrigerator on the recommendation from the salesman from Home Depot. The outside of the refrigerator dents with just the push of your finger. So needless to say looks awful. I bought the extra warranty. I called LG, said warranty is up. As soon as the warranty ran out. We have a frost built up in the freezer. Every 3 months we manually have to take everything out and defrost the freezer. An ice built up under the drawer, snow on everything, can't even close the freezer until this is done. It's only 6 years old. A refrigerator should last longer than this. Flapper between the french doors quit working, so you manually have to close this before you can close the doors. I would never buy this refrigerator again or would recommend to anyone. We paid a lot of $ for this thing.

Original review: April 30, 2017

We bought an LG LFX31925ST French Door refrigerator in January 2012. It has operated flawlessly. Both my wife and I have frequently commented on what a great purchase this was. We recently observed a periodic error message indicating that a freezer fan was failing. Since I don't expect anything mechanical to run forever, I was happy that the product pointed me to the likely problem with an error message. I was impressed that I was easily able to download owner and repair manuals online, and that part diagrams and the parts themselves were readily available from numerous sources. We ordered the needed part and removing the freezer drawer and replacing the back wall with new sensor and fans was a $100 repair that took 45 minutes at most.

We have owned refrigerators in the past that required a new ice maker every year. Our LG ice maker is now more than 5 years old and with daily use still works perfectly. I'm sold on LG products. I don't have the receipt anymore, but these are the registration details: Model Number: LFX31925ST. Serial Number: 106KREL0F452. Purchase Date: 01/12/2012.

Original review: April 29, 2017

3500 dollars spent on a pile of junk refrigerator. Unit's Freon loop has failed internally at 8 months old. Five repairmen later and 6 weeks without a working refrigerator, don't buy any LG products. Horrible customer service and my personal feeling is they don't care!

Original review: April 28, 2017

LG made us buy the extended warranty last year when our fridge needed service, something that would cover any necessary repairs in the future as they recommended. Now, our fridge needs service again but LG is not committing to any repair. Instead they want to refund us what we paid for the warranty minus $100 (which $298), even though it says in the contract that they would reimburse the value of the fridge if the repair to the unit is deemed not cost effective. Shame on you LG for not honoring the contract. I'll call my senator, and every phone numbers out there to bring this to light.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: April 28, 2017

Compressor went bad after 11 months. LG replaced the compressor. That one was bad as soon as it was plugged in. Replaced a third time. It has worked for 5 years and stopped cooling again. Been trying for 2 weeks to get someone to come and fix it. 4 bad compressors in 5 years. If you're thinking of buying a refrigerator think other than LG.

Original review: April 24, 2017

After over 25 minutes on the phone I found out the service call for LG Service Repair will be $338.00 for parts and home visit. All I needed was a less than $5.00 French Door spring replaced and I know the repair would have taken less than 5 minutes. This is VERY expensive. So we ordered part from another retailer and will do it ourselves. This is over the top expensive. Love my LG appliances but not the cost of a service call. This is OUTRAGEOUS. Hope LG reads this!

Original review: April 24, 2017

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK... I DID. My 4-year old LG fridge stopped working. The fridge was warm and the cooler was warm but everything else worked (lights, water). I had the same horrible experience as most of the reviews I have read. Multiple phone calls leading to nowhere. Had 3 different techs sent by LG and all diagnosed different problems. One said I needed new compressor, the other said compressor was fine but that I had a blockage, the third said I have a leak. I was still covered under the warranty but the techs all explained that the fix was extensive, might not solve issue and it could break down again.

I've never been more proud and embarrassed at myself in my life. I kicked and screamed and shouted and fought with them on the phone for over an hour and a half until they approved me getting my money back (even then I waited for the confirmation email saying so). I'm not the type of person to act like that but ultimately I had to be to get what I deserved. My advice, don't give in and fight like heck to get your money back... it can happen. LG should be ashamed of themselves for bad products and horrible customer service. Very few positive reviews about their refrigerators.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I am in the middle of what all the other reviewers have said about LG. I am so frustrated that I just had to tell somebody my story. My 1600.00 French Door Freezer on the bottom is nine months old. It just stopped working. I have talked to LG 3 times and get the same answer. We have only one repair person in the area and he can't see it for 3 weeks. I have talked to Home Depot where we purchased it and they said there is nothing they can do for us. I have spent one week on the phone and from what I am reading it looks like I have a long road ahead. Never will buy another LG anything. We are living out of a college dorm sized refrigerator in the house and our old Sears Kenmore in the garage. My 87 year old blind mother lives with us so needless to say this is difficult for her. I can only keep the things she needs in the house. PLEASE if you are reading this DO NOT buy LG.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I thought I had purchased a great 30 cubic French door refrigerator 5 years ago for $3k but I was wrong! I have been without a working refrigerator since Super Bowl Sunday 2017, it is now April 20th 2017 and still have no working refrigerator! LG had sent out their contractor a number of times and the back freezer fan and compressor has been changed twice and the gas valve changed and still it doesn't work! Customer service and executive team can't seem to help a mom with toddlers. I have been treated horribly, LG doesn't care! I recently went looking at new appliances at Home Depot and they recommend LG until I told them my story and that awesome salesman will no longer recommend LG! I will continue to tell my story until something is done to repair my fridge!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Purchased This $2600.00 LG LFXS30766S Refrigerator from Home Depot. Right side door will not seal properly. Thank God I purchased the extended warranty (So I Thought). Had a technician out and his answer was this is normal with LG. Called LG direct (that was a joke, they read a script off to me). They had me jump on one leg and rub my head and basically ask me if that fixed the problem. I was advised to call Home Depot again which advised me to call customer service again. I'm done with both of them. I'm selling this piece of junk and buy a $800.00 basic refrigerator like I had.

Original review: April 19, 2017

A total pile of crap!!! Would not recommend any LG product ever again!!! Their customer relations are bar none crap!!! Bought a $2500 boat anchor compressor. Failed and well they want $500 just for me to buy a service contract so it can be fixed!!! Hell no!!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Purchased an extended warranty on March 14, 2017 for my LG refrigerator for $375 through Assurant which LG told me I had to go through to get coverage. LG contacted Royal Electronics from Bunnell Fl. to service my refrigerator. R.E. phone #386-756-1775. R.E. contacted me to set up date to come to my home to look at my refrigerator. R.E. did show up but only after cancelling the first appointment and showing up a week later. The service repairman was very friendly but came completely unprepared and was ready to walk out the door when I brought it to his attention that he hadn't even checked the ice maker, which was one of the main reasons he was there. The other was the water inlet valve in the back of the refer. Jumping ahead repairman said he order the parts but that the refer was old (7yrs) and I might not be able to get all the parts for it. Sad.

I'm waiting almost two weeks and hear nothing from R.E. I call them back and they say they can't get the ice maker anymore (no longer available). I went online and found the part myself at repairclinic.com. I called R.E. back and said they could get the part from repairclinic. R.E. told me they only order parts from approved suppliers through LG. I called LG and they said they would authorize the purchase, and let R.E. know to go ahead and order the parts. In the meantime I'm still making phone calls both to R.E. and L.G. really getting nowhere. Assurant has already charged my credit card twice ($250 now), and nothing has yet to remedy my broken refer 6 wks later. R.E. never calls back and I always had to call them.

Collette from R.E. told me the part was on its way but she didn't have a tracking number and that we would just have to wait to hear from her again. She told me not to call again because she would call me (that never happened). So now after at least two working days on the phone, on hold more than half the time, I decided to cancel my insurance policy. I call LG and they said they would charge me $100 and refund the rest. They said this was to pay for the service call to my house by the repairman. I received really no service at all, and I'd be a fool to keep playing phone tag with two companies that obviously have no intentions of making it right. I believe R.E. was being spiteful that I went above their heads and found the part I needed from another company. (Prior, R.E. insisted to me that the parts could no longer be obtained because the part was no longer manufactured.)

They just did not want to do their job and that's incompetence as far as I'm concerned. What a win fall for R.E. All the repairman does is show up and he gets paid. LG should refund all my money for the trouble I have been put through. A refrigerator that cost me about $2400 should last (in my book) at least 10 yrs before something goes wrong with it. LG mindset, it's time to buy a new one in 6 to 7 yrs. What a shame and what happened to pride in the products we buy in the USA? Wasteful! Wasteful! Wasteful! I shall go on to order the parts myself and try to repair my refrigerator. What happened to the days when you would call a repairman and he would have the parts in his truck and he'd fix it right then and there?

Original review: April 18, 2017

On 4/14 I contacted LG Direct Service regarding my refrigerator not cooling. The refrigerator was no longer under warranty so they suggested some local service providers. At this point the service rep offer me a service contract for the unit, explaining that I would have a 60 day service contract for a cost of $365.04 and they would send a technician out to fix the unit on 4/17 between 8:00 am and 12:00. On 4/17 the technician was a no show. I contacted LG Direct Service regarding the matter. That had no answer for me and kept referring me to Assurance, who apparently is a third party to actually held the service contract that I thought I got from LG Direct Services. This whole time I had been dealing directly with LG as implied by the name.

In any event, Assurance informed me that he was only service provider in my area, and that they would send another request to him. So I was told now that the technician would be arriving between 8-12:00 on 4/19. LG Provided me with the number of the provider so I attempted to contact him on 4/18 in an effort to confirm the appointment. After numerous attempts with no answer other than a recording with a full mailbox, I contacted LG Direct Service again. I explained that I could not contact the provider and needed to have this appointment confirmed. They attempted to contact the provider but had the same response that I did.

After 2 hours of mostly being on hold listen to a recording tell me over and over again that they know how valuable my time is, I am informed that the guy will not be coming tomorrow. He rejected the request for the service. It turns out he rejected the first request for service as well. So the appointment that LG Direct Service told me I had, never even existed. No phone call or e-mail to let me know. So I took off of work for no reason. Had I not called on 4/18, the same thing would have happened. Now LG just keeps trying to pass the buck onto Assurance. LG tells me that the technician that didn't show is the only one they have in my area even though they had already given me the names of three other service providers. The fact is he is the only one that is on the Assurance list of providers. As a result they now say they can no longer repair my refrigerator. So instead of paying $365.04 for the repair it is now going to cost $900.

LG totally misrepresented the service contract of actually being an LG product. I have repeatedly asked LG to stand by the contract they sold me and get another authorized repairman to fix it. They have gone so far as to tell me that they don't have anyone who can make the repair in my area. It should be against the law to sell you a product under the representation that it is their product and not a third party's. The only people I spoke with and was invoiced by was LG Direct Service and they should have to make do on the contract and get my refrigerator fixed and not just offer to cancel the contract and return my money and then have to pay more to someone else. Just for the fact that between time off of work and the 4 hrs plus I have spent on the phone with them should be enough to make them want to do right by the customer.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Will be putting second ice maker unit in this year. Unit doesn't empty fully and when water is added automatically it floods collection area. This causes a block of ice to form and then it's useless. I JUST replaced this unit approx 7 months ago by a LG certified repair tech and I am now being told that the part only had a 90 day warranty. 90 days for an automated part? Certainly. LG DOESN'T EXPECT TO MAKE A CUSTOMER PAY $300.00 EVERY 7 MONTHS TO HAVE THE ICE MAKER FUNCTION!!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Purchased an LG refrigerator appx 4 years ago. Stopped working, not cooking. Called numerous repair providers to see if they can fix. Nobody I can find would look at LG product. Called LG directly to see if they can find someone that I can call. Ended up purchasing an out of warranty contract through LG called Assurant. For 2 months now I have had a non-working refrigerator. I have had numerous providers get scheduled to come to my home only for them to not show leaving me having to keep calling Assurant. I was advised by Assurant that it is from LG that they get the list of service providers so they have no way of knowing anything about them except the location to my home.

Finally 2 months later and 3 service providers I was informed that my refrigerator was going to cost too much for LG to repair and they would total it out. The coolant system was shot along with the compressor. When you call to check the status of getting this taken care of I am told that they do not have anyone certified to fix the coolant system. But I was granted permission to find my own service provider to come out and fix it but the catch... not only would I have to pay out of pocket, while the provider was at my home I had to call Assurant and have the provider speak to them in order for them to reimburse me for services. I said that was unacceptable. A supervisor informed me that since the refrigerator is less than 7 years old and it's the sealant system, LG would be responsible for replacing it.

Again, I get on the phone with LG to file a claim for a defected item. After 4 days of not hearing anything I called today Only to be told by 2 supervisors that they can't do anything. I was given the option to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed but they denied my claim to have it replaced. Didn't matter what I said, the customer service at LG has the most disrespectful people.

I am not in a position to pay $1200 out of pocket to try and get reimbursed and all they can say was, "I can't help you." They do not want to acknowledge the fact that their product is defected and the sealant/coolant system is not working. They can provide names to me but won't pay for it because under my contract that they sold me, nobody is certified to do the work. So how am I supposed to have this fixed?? I have 3 kids and my husband needs to keep his medication refrigerated.

So for 2 months after purchasing a contract, I have been keeping food cold in a cooler with ice. Totally unacceptable. All LG can say is "sorry I do apologize ". After just speaking to one of ten supervisors at LG, and stating that I will be contacting the better business bureau and consumer affairs she said, "Go ahead, do what you want." Like I need her permission? No I need them to stand behind their product which they do not. So now I am told I can cancel my contract in writing and since they can't help me, they will refund all of $100 of the amount I paid. Still leaves me with no refrigerator and nobody at LG willing or able to look at something that is defected unless I choose to pay out of pocket. Absolutely absurd. This company is the worst. I am so sorry I ever purchased a product from them and what's even worse is the horrible customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I've read so many negative reviews about LG refrigerators not working that this seems superfluous but I need to vent. We purchased a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer 3 years ago during a kitchen remodel. It is a counter-depth with water and ice in the door. About 6 weeks ago, the refrigerator stopped cooling. We put a thermometer inside and the temperature was 57 degrees. We contacted our retailer, Abt, who immediately sent out a tech person and determined, with the assistance of LG tech, that the freezer fan wasn't working. The part was ordered, new fan installed, and the refrigerator temperature remained at 57 degrees. We called Abt again, tech came out and again, with the help of the LG tech, determined it was now the refrigerator fan. Part ordered, part replaced, temp still 57. Abt ordered a new control board, at the suggestion of LG tech, part ordered, couldn't be installed because it was the wrong part.

We finally contacted LG. After long waits, requests to speak to managers, etc., we were finally referred to their Executive Services. I'm guessing that this department handles difficult situations (or difficult people, although I haven't been difficult until now, 7 weeks later). LG sent out their tech. Tech announced that the refrigerator was installed improperly because it fit too tightly in the cabinetry. Ok, this is a counter-depth, built-in refrigerator. Huh?

So, LG Executive Services was called again. We asked for the installation manual and were directed to the online version. While the Exec. Services person (Tish) was on the phone, we read, aloud and together, the specs which stated the unit needs 1/8" on either side and minimum of 2" from the wall to the back of the refrigerator. The unit was installed properly. Tish insisted that it isn't and made me wait while she chatted with "Engineering." Apparently, Engineering stated that there needed to be 1" on top for air flow. I asked Tish how I would have known that since it's not published in the installation manual and I want a copy of that. 8 days have gone by and I've not received anything. When I followed up today with Jenna, she said that, because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the engineers will send the info to the BBB and they will respond to me. REALLY???

Between the dates of April 4th and today, April 11th, I've exchanged 12 emails with Marianne, at Executive Services, to no end. LG tech came out, again, with a 2nd tech at 7:30 PM! After much discussion, they determined it must be the control board or the sealed system. The control board was ordered and installed. Our interior refrigerator temperature is now 61 degrees from 57!! What a joke. So... today I spoke to 3 people at Executive Services: Tamica (totally useless), Willie and Jenna. Jenna seemed to at least want to do something. I shared that our daughter is getting married in 4 days, we are having a 40 person brunch on Easter Sunday, and I have no freaking refrigerator.

The latest is... Jenna contacted the Tech Department and they want to put in a datalogger to clarify the issue. I asked what that meant, she didn't know. I asked how long it would be in the fridge, she didn't know. She said she sent an email to the tech engineer, tech manager, and Tech Support manager asking these questions. Do you think the problem with getting anything done has to do with too much weight at the top? Anyway, we have an appointment Thursday so the tech can put in a datalogger, whatever the hell it does.

I can't even describe the frustration and anger held towards this company. I would have given them a 1 because, obviously, their products aren't meant to last, but some of the folks at Executive Services and our tech have been nice and most seem to want to help. I wouldn't recommend LG products to anyone, ever, unless they want to be totally frustrated and throw money out of the window. Our previous refrigerator lasted 19 years and it was a Whirlpool... no brainer.

[Updated on 04/20/2017] Felt my previous review needed updating and lowered my rating from 2* to 1. I still don't have a functioning refrigerator. Jenna, at LG, promised the datalogger, which never happened. After she contacted their tech people, they deemed my refrigerator 'installed improperly', again, and said 'sorry, we can't help you'. So, after sending out their techs 4 times, replacing the motherboard, ordering the sealed unit, this is their decision? The unit is installed in accordance with the installation manual on line. Their engineers came up with different specs. Coincidentally, their 'cant fix it' edict came on the heels of my response to their response to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Hmmmm... After reading the 1700+ complaints about LG products, the majority being refrigerators, Ive decided to take this further. I am contacting my local news station, newspaper and the Attorney General, if need be. PLEASE... EVERYONE WHO IS OR HAS EXPERIENCED THE LACK OF SERVICE, and refrigeration, from LG, TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. LET'S GET THIS CRAPPY COMPANY OUT OF OUR STORES.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Still under warranty my refrigerator stopped working after five months. I've had repair people at my house eight times now in a four month period. Today the repair person walked into my house without knocking or ringing the doorbell. My dog stopped him about 5 feet from the front entrance way. The service call for today was for the repair person to tell me only that the part is on order. Again LG wasted my time. I asked the repair person, "Why did you come to my house to tell me this, you could've called!!!" The customer service and the repair people at LG are not trained and do not know how to handle the customers nor does the company know how to stand by their product.

I am asking my credit card company to dispute the charge because LG sold me a product that does not work. LG is now lying. Setting appointments without my knowledge. Their documentation is not correct and they say I am canceling my appointment. Executive desk also lies and makes up information and incorrect documentation. One person said that she would send me $150 for my food replacement. Later found out that's no such policy. My refrigerator stopped working December 2016 and it is now beginning of April 2017. My Refrigerator is still broke.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Our LG refrigerator is only 18 months old and has broken down three times. The first time, LG repaired within the first year. Second time occurred three weeks ago. The warranty company contracted a local appliance repair company to come out. They came out and diagnosed the issue, then said they needed to order a new compressor and should take three to five days. On day three, I call the company to find out status of compressor. They indicate it had not yet arrived.

I call every day after that for another week and could not get anyone to answer the phone. My wife and I are both professionals and do not have time to deal with a fridge company. On day eleven or so, I file a complaint on Better Business Bureau website. Less than twenty minutes later, I get a call. Company comes out to install the new compressor a day later. Repair guy says it is fixed and leaves. Later that day, I again noticed the fridge was not working. Fridge is still broken!!! Now another lost work day and more time on the phone and internet wasting my time dealing with a terrible LG Product! There has to be legal recourse with so many complaints. I bet the majority of us have the same model. LG needs to be held accountable for selling a $2500 piece of junk!

Original review: April 4, 2017

First the LG microwave has broken twice within the first year of purchase. NOW, the 28.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door water dispenser won't shut off and was flooding my kitchen. Thank GOD I was home and could shut off the water to the house. I am warning ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY to NOT BUY LG - it's made in Korea and China - it's worthless and I feel ripped off. These appliances are brand new! Imagine if I wasn't home and my house flooded. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 1, 2017

LG product company are not good. Some days before I purchase 3 star freeze after some days come problem. I complained. After complained they promised to me "we handover new freeze" but they dispatch 1 star freeze against of the 3 star. Service and product both are not good. I m not happy and I suggest to all of you please go with other brand. Old freeze model no:-GL-B191KRLQ. New Freeze Model no:-GL-B191KPZU.

Original review: March 31, 2017

So, regarding this LG air conditioner recall: I called their 800 # and entered all product info. I received a text telling me to go to their website. I entered the product info on their website, and was eligible for repair. I received a text telling me to go to their website. Called their number again, and got a recording to go to their website. Entered info. They sent me a text telling me what they just told me. I went online and called their # in Alabama. They transferred me to a guy in South Korea. The guy in South Korea gave me a number of a service center in Trenton. Called the number in Trenton and listened to a recording that said I was next in line and it would be a 3 minute wait. Was on hold for 35 minutes. I was then disconnected. Checked their website and hours said 10:00am - 6:00pm. Called back and recording said they closed at 5:00pm. Filled out a service request online and submitted.

Bottom line is this. LG, the brand: They make ** products. They have ** service. I wouldn't buy a toaster from these ** idiots. My suggestions to you: If you use the AC unit, make sure you are there the whole time. If you use it, take note of its efficiency or any quirks. Unplug it if it makes you feel more comfortable. When I'm back I will take it down to Trenton for repair. If this repair circus continues, I will drop it off with your unused TVs at some salvage place so I can at least get a donation receipt. Or, I may take it down to the river and throw it off the bridge. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Original review: March 31, 2017

We purchase a LG French door Refrigerator 2 1/2 years ago. Very expensive - top of the line. The compressor went bad and to get it replaced would cost $600 plus would take 10 business days to ship it. I called LG and was treated very poorly by customer service - didn't care and nothing they can do. I would recommend "NEVER" buying an LG appliance. I never will again. Horrible quality. Horrible customer service. What a shame.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I purchased an LG Refrigerator and has had numerous problems with the product. LG trained technicians has visited my house at least twenty visits. I have lost food products countless number of times, lost time off and wages from work and I still have a product that has cost me $27,000 worth of frustrations and disappointments. No one has offered me a replacements, food lost or lost wages nor have anyone ever returned a single phone call.

The customer service is simply terrible, the person on the other end of the phone talks to you with little or no respect. I had to tell a gentlemen on the other end, "Don't talk to me in that tone of voice". They even told me I had to write a letter to the higher management to further complain for, which made no sense to me when they have my record of complaints in front of them. The refrigerator has had 3 compressors replacements, an ice maker, the entire Freon system w 5 lbs of Freon, the motherboard and God know what else. I can go on and on about my experience with this product but I don't know if it would benefit anyone or even if it will get posted. I can say I won't stop until someone has heard me. Another weekend without a refrigerator!!!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I purchased a LG French Door refrigerator in November 2015. It is approximately 17 months old. I was told I needed to purchase a "service" contract for > $400 in order to get "service". I waited all day this past Friday for "service" and no one showed up. I waited on the phone in excess of 1.75 hours! The call was abruptly ended with "You have called after service hours". I called back and was told to call again on Saturday regarding my repair. WOW the "service" department was closed on Saturday. Monday arrives and a repairmen appears on Tuesday after Monday's call... HOWEVER the repairman only repeated what I was told last week... "You need a compressor .. and I don't have one". "You will need to wait 8-10 days for the parts." LG IS NOT WORTH the time nor money invested! I want my SAMSUNG back.

Updated on 05/02/2017: As I have explained previously, my LG French Door refrig remains on the blink. When I first reported the issues to LG, I was advised to purchase their extended warranty. WHAT they did not tell me is that the sealed unit that was at fault remained covered under their already in place 7-year warranty. Now for the update... The refrig remains on the blink and after a technician has been to my residence x3 and he as engaged in a conversation with the "main guy" (Ruben), LG refuses to replace the unit as they remain unable to fix the unit. Sadly, they refuse to honor either the standard warranty and the "extended" warranty that specifies if unable to repair they will replace. And by the way, this was after being placed on hold for more than 3 hours and then having a disconnection message stating that they were NOW closed for the day and call back tomorrow!

Original review: March 29, 2017

I have a 31 cu ft. French Door LG refrigerator that I spent a lot of money on over 4 years ago and the compressor suddenly went out. Luckily I have a warranty for 10 years for major components, but lo and behold it does not cover labor. The 45 minutes of labor was $600. I am shocked for several reasons: I can't believe an expensive appliance less than 5 years old would have a compressor which needs replacement, it's unbelievable to have to pay $600 in labor for 45 minutes of work although I have a warranty. I also own an LG Steam Washer/Front Loader and matching dryer. The washer also needed repairs (which I had to pay parts and labor for) after a couple of years of ownership. These are definitely the LAST LG appliances, electronics, etc I purchase. In the future, I hope to find a company who cares about their customers and stands by their products.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I purchased a LG French Door Refrigerator through Costco in December of 2015. The refrigerator completely stopped working, it has a completely closed system so very hard to see anything. Called for help on March 11th, 2017, 15 months after purchase and still in two year warranty period. After much BS they finally agreed I was still under warranty and sent out a service request. I live in a county of 500,000 people. They had ONE service person for this entire area. That person called late that night to say they were not doing this anymore, could I call LG? I did, I am now waiting for someone from out of this area to come work on Refrig. It's been 5 days, no call. Will call Costco tomorrow and see what happens next. LG clearly has NO interest in caring for its products if they have ZERO technicians in a community of 500,000 people. DON'T PURCHASE LG!!!

Original review: March 27, 2017

I purchased model GC -P197STL, under warranty the freezer water tank cracked, and the freezer door has streak marks which suggests a fault in metal, does anyone else have this problem? LG won't do anything!

Original review: March 26, 2017

My LG fridge is almost 3 years old. It broke down, makes horrible noises. I paid someone to fix it, that LG sent and it broke again a week later. Life is good but LG products are ** garbage. Do not buy these products. "Terrible company."

Original review: March 25, 2017

Please be a prudent shopper when buying this unit. We purchased this refrigerator (LG Linear Compressor Refrigerator) two years ago and paid about $1000 extra for a counter depth unit. That brought the price just close to $3700.00. I did not get the warranty because I thought it would last at least five years. Nope. The Error Code E-IF comes on at least once a month. The refrigerator went in "bad order" about six months after we bought it. Luckily the year warranty was still good. Just about every month now, I have to use a hair dryer and defrost the unit so my family can get ice and water through the door. That is not good for a unit of this price.

At first, I would pull the unit out and unplugging it for at least four hours. That is not good when the thing weighs a ton and it has to sit in the middle of the kitchen. I have now found a YouTube video of another customer that uses a lady's hair dryer to defrost the unit. I have began using a hair dryer to defrost the unit as well. It is much faster. Searching the internet, I have found other people who reported this is not a great unit to buy and they too have had many problems. LG should issue a recall or reach out to the many customers who have complained about this unit. I think that will go a long way to making the consumer happy. Again, it is the ice maker that is horrible.

UPDATE on 04/08/2017: I had a service person come out and they told me my electronics board and the fan at the bottom of the unit needed replacing. Mind you, we have had this unit (LG Linear Compressor Refrigerator) less than five years. The technician said company recommended a new board and a new ice fan. The board only cost .74 cents. That is right.. Only 74 cents. I find that strange. Seems to me that board was bad. The Ice Fan was a tad more costly. Anyway the job came up to over $300 to repair. Issue one. I had to wait for the electronics board and the fan to arrive. The next service date that I could get was six days from the initial visit. So, I had no ice and water through the door. We survived. We knew that the unit would be fixed in a couple days.

Six days later (yesterday) the technician comes out and installs the parts. Refrigerator worked well for ONE day. Just looked at it and a different Error Code is on R-DH. Are you kidding me? This thing cost too much to have all these problems. The fix for this is to unplug the unit and then allow it to reset. So, I have to pull it out from the wall again. How many times, I can could. Maybe I should keep track. I will do this. If it does not work, LG website suggests a service call. Wow.

LG Refrigerators Company Information