4.6(2,177)

About Kinetico Water Systems

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types
Cons
  • Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Stars Rating

• 77%
  • 13%
  • 5%
  • 3%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico Water Systems?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico Water Systems?
    Page 12 Reviews 1835 - 2035

Reviewed April 30, 2018

A long time ago, I bought a water softener system from Kinetico Water Systems to be able to filter out some of the chemicals from the treatment plant. I wanted to go with a good brand and I heard about them on the radio, plus they seemed to have a good reputation. Their salesman was very good and thorough. I went back to him for the second thing I purchased, which was the filtration system underneath the sink. The installation went fine. Moreover, they were good and courteous. My water is softer, clearer, cleaner, fresher and as far as the taste, it is definitely better. It does not have a chemical taste. I've been satisfied with Kinetico Water Systems.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

We had another treatment system that we did not like as it was not doing its job. We had seen Kinetico at the county fairs and talked to them at different places where they were at the time. I have the whole house water system because I was concerned with our water and its smell. The sales rep explained everything and the installer was very good, too. They put different kinds of filters and salt on it. They were able to fix our water problem, and the water is now great. I'm well satisfied.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I had hard water before and it wasn't clean. It doesn't rinse out as well and creates hard water stains on both the bathtub, walls and inside sinks. During my investigations on a lot of companies, I found that Kinetico was a better brand more into helping the consumer and not just wanting to sell the product. Setting up the appointments and installing the water softener system were great experiences. When I’m taking a bath for that matter, the water doesn’t seem like a soap when you rinse out but it actually feels like it’s gone and not still staying on my skin. Same thing with my shampoo. And there’s no more hard water stain on my glass. You need to invest in this. It’s the best system I’ve ever had. It keeps not only myself clean, but all my household products. It keeps my dishwasher and washing machine all in operating condition. It doesn’t build up hard water inside of them.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I had hard water and needed a softener. I have a very small closet and I can’t get a conventional water softener, so they had a softener that was very small and about the size of a computer face. The salesman came out and pretty much fed us the biggest line of BS that I’ve ever heard in my life. Everything he told us was a lie. We ordered a water softener and a drinking water system from Kinetico. I’ve had Kinetico out about three times after the salesman had sold it to us and because what he told us wasn’t true, we got stuck with it. We have a lifetime warranty on the softener but they charged us for coming out and fixing warranty items. The softener went out after about six years and the guy told us that these things only last five years. I told him that we have a lifetime warranty and he said that it’s only for the salt storage part of it.

Also, the salt that they said were for tubes. They were supposed to be blocked but they don’t sell blocks. They only sell those in Europe. This softener is for England with low flow water. Then the bladder on the water tank went out. A guy came by to repair one thing and I told him to look at that. Then they charged me $168 to have them come out and fix what was already warrantied. Then they sold me the wrong filters later which totally screwed up the water system and it was totally worthless. Finally, when this guy came out and told us that our system was screwed, I just went out and bought one from a home store with 360 bucks. It works better than any crap Kinetico ever gave to me. They just screwing people.

HI Dave,

We are sorry that we were not given the opportunity to assist before you replaced your equipment. We will reach out to your installing dealer for their history and to see if and where corrections are required.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Setting up with Kinetico was easy. I called in and they came out and assessed my house. The reps were very friendly. I got the highest end water softener and a water filtration under counter, and the installation was good. They had to get creative with some spacing issues that I had in my house, but they did a good job. I don't like hard water, but now it seems like the water is softer and more steady. However, I wondered if the system was working right, and there was no follow up from them to check on the system. That would've been helpful, especially 'cause it was pretty big. Overall it's a great product and I've recommended it to some people.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

Kinetico did a fantastic job and came when they said they would. Two great men came and they were wonderful. It was the best experience I've had with someone who does water systems in a long time. I recommend them.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

Kinetico's rep was very thorough. I learned a lot and was convinced that I wanted their product right away. I took a day off on the day of installation and waited about half an hour after I was told their installation crew would probably come. They had somehow gotten the day wrong. It was 9:00 in the morning when I called and they arrived by 11:30. The owner came out because he needed to pull the trailer as they were digging a French drain for me, so I got to meet him. He also brought me a year’s worth of salt at no charge and it worked out really well. They made a mistake but dealt with it and I had a great day. We have had their system for a month and a half now and it's great. My hair is softer and I can feel the dishes are cleaner.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

We have had Kinetico water system for 4 1/2 Years. It has been the best purchase we have made for our home! Every Kinetico employee has been nice and very helpful. I would highly recommend Kinetico. I no longer drink bottled water, because the water taste much better with our new system.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Working with Kinetico was easy and enjoyable. The work was done quickly and professionally. The water tastes great and the entire family enjoys the service. We purchased a full house system so are now benefiting from better water in all our uses. Additionally, we don't have to worry about portable filters. Thanks for a great product!

Pinned

You're welcome, Robert! Thanks for leaving your thoughts about the service and products you received.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

When we first moved to our current location, the water was so hard. Kinetico Water Systems was referred to us by a friend. My interactions with their representatives were fantastic. We got the whole house filter and under the sink from them. We got the fresh water for the sink and into the refrigerator. When we first had the water system installed, the first guy didn't do it well. So, we called and somebody else came over to fix it which was awesome. Since getting the system, it has been great and I've been loving the water out of the fridge. After having that, I can't use bottled water.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 27, 2018

We live in El Paso and it’s a hard water area. There’s a bit of chlorine odor in the local water as well. We were also concerned with drinking water as well as for the appliances in the house and showering. I did some research for softening systems online and started looking at Pelican and others, then came across the Kinetico one. I liked what I read about it and the fact that it doesn’t require plug-in power to operate. It had a lot of good history behind reviews other people put on it. It sounded like a pretty bulletproof system and it sounded good. I called Kinetico Water Systems and they came over. I enjoyed the sales pitch. They spoke really good and it was a good product to me, so it worked out. I purchased a four-tank system with two doubles. It’s a softener and a chlorine filtration as well that can also be on the softener.

The installation was great. One guy came over and spoke to us about any changes in the initial plan. We thought he had to run a couple of extra tubes around for the output of the tank when it does its cleaning cycle. He talked to us about what he wanted to do and it all worked out for him. It was good communication. I love the water now with Kinetico System installed. It’s been great and almost completely maintenance-free. We put in a bit of potassium and that’s it. We take a look at it about once a week to put some potassium back in if it’s needed.

I appreciate the original salesman. He checked back with us after everything was installed. A month later he came back and redid some tests on the water. It showed us that we have the water that we have now. I appreciate them coming back and checking up on us and making sure it was all working well. I would tell my friends about Kinetico if they’re looking for a pretty bulletproof system that doesn’t go down, power goes up, doesn’t require any power to operate, and if they have water issues. I can’t see what else they’d be looking for in a system beyond what Kinetico’s offering. There are other ones out there and there’s nothing wrong with taking a look at what other products are out there, but everything is working really well with Kinetico. And from what I understand, it is gonna last a long time without clearly any maintenance.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

I got a softener from Kinetico Water Systems. I liked that at the time, they were offering financing through Home Depot. Everything was good. I knew I would need a softener for the type of water that's in this area. It was kind of a brownish ugly water when we started and now, it's crystal clear.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

We are very happy with the service provided by Kinetico. Very complimentary, sincere & efficient! He checked the water in the kitchen and found it was hard water. Also checked the filtered water and that was very good. Then he went to the basement to check the water softener. He changed the ring to soften the water more often. Thank you. We appreciate the service provided.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

We had moved in to our house a couple of years ago and our water was really hard. I needed to do something. We were in the midst of researching and pricing everything in the city, and choosing Kinetico came down to price. We had a window that we were trying to stick to and there were a couple of other options that sell within that window, but Kinetico's warranty was better than the other folks. Everything was very smooth setting up the appointment. The guy that came out for the water test was pretty chill. We'd had multiple people come out and do the exact same thing that he did when we were pricing the systems. I explained that to him and he was like, "We'll just go through a little bit." And it was good. The installer was hilarious and I really liked him. We were chatting the entire time and he was cool. Now the difference in our water is night and day. Everything has been wonderful and so much better. It's exactly what we were hoping for.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Our place had hard water for a while. My sink and appliances didn't last and we went through shower heads very quickly because they got clogged. When I went to a networking event, I met one of Kinetico's salesmen. His name was Alfredo and we love him. He was real knowledgeable and answered our questions and there was no pressure. We ended up getting a water softener and a reverse osmosis drinking system. Then someone came in and installed it within a couple of hours. We had our system installed in June of last year. And we've had to have them come out and repair it about four times already. We've had a lot of problems with it not working. They had to fix several things on it and that's been a little bit of a disappointment because I bought a new shower head and now it's broken. So, it's not been fixed when I thought it would be.

Hi Elise,

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will review the history with the installer.

Price

Reviewed April 25, 2018

We had one of the old systems for roughly 15 to 18 years which used bleach in the system. Worked very well and keep in the order and the black slime from being toilets. With this 2 years old new system utilizing hydrant peroxide which is more expensive allows the black film in the toilets to build up. Outside of that seems to be working very well.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I had a salesperson come out when I was upgrading my very old water system and had an excellent interaction. I was listened to when I talked about what I wanted and was offered solutions with some of the equipment I had in the house. Kinetico came back and installed everything and all went very well. The difference in the water since then was like night and day.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I got a water softener and a reverse osmosis system from Kinetico. Setting up our appointment for their visit was all good and we were able to take advantage of their free water test. Their representative was easy to work with. Since the installation, we've been really happy with the water we have and the system we got from Kinetico.

Hi Bonnie,

We're glad to know you are happy with the product and your water!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

We’re on a well and I’ve had this Kinetico Water System for over five years. We have the water softener and a reverse osmosis system, and the experience has been fine. I change the filters on the reverse osmosis system once a year. Kinetico is a good water softener.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Kinetico has provided us with a quality product and an even higher quality of customer service. We have been very pleased with the installed equipment, as well as the responsiveness of employees when questions have come up. Their convenient location relative to our home is also a plus. We would highly recommend them to those in the market.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

I've been with Kinetico an extended amount of time. Always been professional, courteous, reliable, five star rating. Never had any issues. Dan is one of the best managers I've ever met of any company. Thank you. Never had any issues over the years. Enjoy and always have good, reliable, honest people on staff.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Pressure switch leaking - I was very happy with the service I received from your company & also Juan the tech that did the work. I wasn't home & it was raining heavy that day & he took the time to show my wife everything & also gave us a option for a heavy duty pressure switch unit, which we opt to get. Thanks.

Hi John,

Thanks for letting us know your service experience. Service is a high priority for us!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

We live in a bad area for water, the worst in the state. I bought two Kinetico water softeners -- one for my daughter's house and one for my son's pad. I got one of the biggest offers for my son's place because his water was so bad that his wife was having an allergic reaction. The salesman was cool but I spent more time with the installer, who was very helpful. He's a country guy and he was really nice. He explained everything to me and told me what I needed. I didn't like the way the old installer set up was, but I like the new installer setup now. It's a little more expensive than some of the other softeners, but the new super filter system will really make a big difference. All in all, it was a good experience.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

37 years ago, when we first moved into our house, we got a water softener and drinking water system from Kinetico. We wore that system out and I had somebody come out and service it. We took a water test and the service guy opened up our two big tanks. He found that it was a horrendous mess and our system was past due to be changed. He showed me everything that was going on and explained to me that my main cleaning tank was all gone. He told me that I had to replace them and I couldn't opt for a repair.

7 months ago, we replaced it with a new one also from Kinetico. Their representative came out and we talked. I was really impressed with the new upgrade of Kinetico's product because there was a little ultraviolet light in there that helps clean the water. The water passes through the ultraviolet light which takes all the impurities, bacteria and all the bad stuff out. It was excellent for me. They even gave us a great trade-in on what we had. I had purchased a case of new filters from a company up in Newark for my old unit before I found out that I had to replace it. Kinetico bought those back from me as well. Since the installation of our new system, our water has tasted good.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

We live in New Mexico and people really don’t understand how bad the water is here. When I moved here in '85, the local people would joke and say, "Drink the water, it makes your teeth hard." The water is rough and people don’t like to drink the water as it is tough to drink. Now, Kinetico Water Systems is the most prominent in Las Cruces and I've known of them for 30 some years. I know their sales rep Alfredo through networking and we've talked. His demonstration was a 10 and he convinced me. He is fantastic and he needs to be filmed with that demonstration. He went over it so well and I talked about chlorine, the water hardness, and the cleanliness of the water. He showed examples and why all of our fixtures were crusting over with whatever hardness that it was. There's so much difference and he did a very thorough job.

I got a deluxe water softener filtration system and it's the soft water and the clean water and all for the home. Tony came for the installation and they had to dig out an area in front of my house which is covered with rock. Then when it was done, it looked better than when they started. I was a Boy Scout and I was taught to leave the area better than when I found it, and there's nothing that the installation team did that I would have done differently. They did a great job.

However, I've got an issue and they came out today. I'm losing water pressure to my backyard sprinklers and we found what the problem is, which is not the system. Tony came out, looked at it, and did a fantastic job. He had a gauge and he tested my house and the neighbor's house. In the front, there's 58 pounds of pressure which is normal for both houses. But when my sprinkler is on, it's only five pounds so I wasn't getting enough pressure. Also, there's a small leak in the house, which I agreed upon. I asked him questions and he convinced me. They gave me a solution that made sense to where I can direct the water directly to the sprinklers and bypass. So, their solution is cost effective and that's what I'm going to do. And I'm 110% happy with their system.

Now, for the last three days, all I've done is drink water and I haven't had anything else but straight water. It is smooth, it tastes good, and one can taste the difference. My skin is not dry anymore and my hair looks beautiful. Kinetico is a good company and their system is worth it. They've also made it affordable and I've made my first payment already. All in all, I really think every house needs to have their system.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

We had a Kinetico system before at a different house, and when we moved into another place, we bought the K5 system. The person that came out to look at what I needed was really good. He took care of the installation for us and did a really nice job. I was happy. Kinetico does a really nice job and I like the no electricity concept to it. I also really enjoyed the dual tank so we never run out of soft water.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I wanted higher quality water and did my research. Here in Indiana, Kinetico seemed to be the highlight of the rankings and when I put a new house in, that’s the system I put in. In this new home I’ve had them for about 12 years now. I have both their RO system and their regular water system. Every couple of years, I have them come in to check my system, look at my filters and change them out if necessary. But the RO system is something that I can maintain myself on a yearly basis. I get very good service from Kinetico and they’re conveniently located for me if I need to go into their stores. This company met my expectations.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 22, 2018

I was at a point where I needed to replace my water softener. I liked the idea of the regeneration based on water usage rather than a pre-programmed timer. So, I purchased a water softener and filtration system from Kinetico. Since then, I’ve never had a problem with running out of soft water. There have been a couple of occasions that I had to call them about problems and they were very prompt in taking care of the situation.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

We had well water that was terrible. I had three different people out to the house, telling me what they could offer. Kinetico had the only thing that they offered that would actually do what I needed to be done. They also gave me a demonstration and we went from there. They tested the water for free and did it at the house, and they also sent some stuff off and had to come back. The analysis was about the same, that the water was bad. I then purchased the one that pumped water from the well into the tank and purified and cleaned everything and then brought it back out. It is for a 6,000 square foot house.

The rep we dealt with was very highly knowledgeable. He knew what he was talking about and could explain everything. When the installation team came back it was like three days later, so it took them about half a day and they were done. Since having the system, the water has been better. The only issue that I had with it, since it had this tank system and it had its own pumping system to build up the pressure, is that if two people took a shower and I turned on our washing machine, we would run out of water until it goes back up. When it ran out water, it stops right in the middle of your shower. There is no warning system. So, you had to monitor what was going on before you decide to use a lot of water. Also, Kinetico is expensive as hell. It did what it was advertised to do, but I won't buy another one.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

We've had a Kinetico since '08 when we built our home and we're happy with them. Moving parts break and Kinetico has no moving parts. Although the system is just 10 years old, we live in a high lime area so we replaced it. We set up an appointment with one quick call. The representative did water sampling and he tested the water. The system that we have was explained as well as the improvements in the new system, the cost, the terms and the installation. They were very professional. The installation team asked specifically how we wanted the pipes laid out on the wall and they did it exactly as requested. Since purchasing the entire new treatment system with the canisters in the garage, our water has been a little bit cleaner. Our experience was perfect.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

I had a Kinetico water softener for about 15 years at a different location. We sold our house and we moved into an apartment for six months. Now, we're in a new home. During the six months that we were in the apartment, we did not have soft water and my wife was going crazy. We switched back a couple of weeks ago and had our new unit installed, and it's a world of difference. The water's pretty hard where we live in Las Cruces, so by having a water softener, you notice immediately. The biggest difference is the usage -- for example, when you shower, the bar soap and shampoo have so much more suds. Plus, you don't have to use near as much.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

When we started building our house 27 years ago, we had a friend who had the Kinetico water system installed, so we went with Kinetico too. So, we already had the Kinetico water system and it was over 20 years old. But I didn’t want the drinking system and we've had some odor in our water. So, one weekend when I went over to buy filters for our old water system, I decided to have our water system upgraded. We got from Kinetico the K5 drinking water system and a whole new water softener, and we also got a separate tank that takes more of the odor out. We've had these Kinetico products since October and we now have water with better taste and flavor and which feels cleaner and softer. We're very pleased with Kinetico.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed April 20, 2018

The tap water sucks and I got tired of buying a bunch of bottles of water so I got a Kinetico water system. My parents had it and then we were at one of these home show type of things. We got what we thought was a fair deal. The installation was just fantastic. And the water has been great since the install. Plus it's also cheaper.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

We got Kinetico's water softener and its installation went smoothly and easily. We've had it for almost a year now and I feel cleaner. I notice it now when I go someplace else and they don’t have it. Also, my husband has really bad psoriasis and now it's pretty much gone.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

I purchased the Premier system for the water softener as we know that the water in this area is hard. Setting up an appointment was very easy and the Kinetico rep was very good. She was able to answer my questions. Also, the installation went very smoothly. Now our water is a lot smoother and better. Kinetico made a significant difference in our water quality and I would recommend it.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2018

I paid $98 for Bill (The owner) to come out and give me an estimate to reinstall my unit after a kitchen remodel. After he left I looked down at my paperwork and there were no numbers or any of the things we discussed in writing. THE 98 DOLLARS IS FOR NOTHING. They come to your house to tell you how much it will cost to reinstall your unit. My unit will cost $450. All my basic plumbing is there. I bought this system 10 years ago. I have called and let them know I want an email for a written quote. I am not sure why I would pay $98 for a piece of yellow paper that vaguely says change unit. I want to know the cost and the details of everything and in writing.

I am seriously considering getting another brand name water filter. I was considering the water softener and updating my RO water filter. I called to request the written quote and Bill said he would email it to me. Fair enough. He may or may not. But who wants to chase around an estimate that you thought you paid $98 for. I expect an estimate in writing that includes numbers. After reading all the reviews on this page I am extremely wary of buying the 1300 unit with the trade in on my old unit. A huge part of me wants to do this BUT... I do not trust the company anymore.

Furthermore, I spoke to Ken a few months ago about upgrading the unit and he was extremely rude to me on the phone. I am a previous customer that spent nearly $1400 on my last unit and I am treated like trash. I really like Kinetico but this is the only place to get your unit serviced. It is very sad to treat people this way. I am very disappointed. They have been the only choice for our area and people have had to tolerate this treatment for many years. There are many bad reviews on Yelp and Google. Why is this the only option for Kinetico owners? We need competition. This is being run by a monopoly of unprofessional bullies. Thank you.

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for making us aware of your concerns. We are reviewing this matter with your local dealer.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

We had hard water and Kinetico was recommended to us by someone we had contracted to do some work on our house. The reps were very knowledgeable and good at what they did. We told them that we wanted the system to get everything out of the water and they gave us that. We got a whole house filtration system plus the sink system at the kitchen, and the installation went perfect. The installers kept us updated as to what time they would be here and they were here when they said they were gonna be here. My water is a lot softer now and it doesn't leave lots of orange gunk all over everything or turn my hair green anymore. And with that, I would recommend Kinetico.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

With the hard water I got at the house, I wanted to have a water softener ‘cause I've seen how one makes a difference. I got two small tanks and one big tank from Kinetico and the changes are good. I can tell when the salt is out of the water and it's completely different now. It's a good system where the water runs with the water flow and there's no electricity or gas. We’ve had it for five years now and it’s been working well. I recommend it.

Pinned

Thanks for your recommendation, Inderpal!

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I originally had Kinetico in my old house and when I bought this house, I bought a Kinetico system off of Craigslist from their former employee. I had it for four years and I had nothing but trouble with that. Kinetico came out and did some other work to it and I was never happy with it. I didn’t get super service. Otherwise, I’d still be with them. I now have a Culligan water softener.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I bought a house and nothing worked and the water smelled like sulfur. I had to have help with my water softener. I spent $3,000 there. Jonathan was the fellow who helped me. He came and tested my water, came back, got rid of some old stuff that I had. They did a good job and they were very accommodating and prompt. They came when they said they would. They did quick work and didn't make a mess. They were very courteous. They put on covers on their shoes when they came in the house. They made it work and that was it. It was very straightforward. They came back and checked the water after it was in and made sure I knew how to put the filters in. It was a very positive and wonderful experience. Somebody's done some good training. I felt like I trusted them and I would use them again.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I wanted to take advantage of sale for a water softener for my rental property. Sales staff very helpful. Nick answered all my questions and sought help from others when uncertain of the answer. My thanks to all who assisted me in my purchases. Thank you for a great experience.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

We were looking into water filtration systems because of the amount of minerals in the water here. At a home show, we heard about Kinetico and it seemed to be more advanced so went with them. Their rep was very informative. He tested the water and it showed the level of minerals in the water. I bought the Kinetico water systems for the whole house and for drinking, and the installation was very easy and quick. The installer was friendly and he seemed very knowledgeable. The systems are working well and we feel the difference. The water doesn't seem as harsh, our clothes come cleaner, and the dishwasher seems to be working better too.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I had very hard water before so I purchased Kinetico water system and R.O. Since then, our water seems to be good.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

When we moved from Canal Winchester, we were in Fairfield Farms and we had a well and septic tank there. We had a problem there with iron, so we got a machine that took the iron out. But we left it when we sold it and moved here. There's a calcium problem here, so we got the water filtration system for the whole house from Kinetico Water Systems. We have a nozzle on the sink in the kitchen and we get drinking water from that. We had a water filtration system at the other house as well, but that was city water and we had hot water over there.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

I’ve got a softener and the drinking water system from Kinetico. I've been using Kinetico for a long time and I've always been happy. Setting up an appointment with them was very easy. I've always had good luck. Their sales person was very professional and very knowledgeable. I ended up buying one unit and changing unit about two years into it. The one I have is the one that removes the chlorine from the water but I was curious why the guy didn't try to sell me the one with the better system first.

The new system is great though. The installation was fast and the installers were very professional. This was a new build home so I really never drink the water that's straight out of the tap. I always use the drinking system. I drink it every day and I cooked with it. Also, we've had a line run from the K5 to the ice maker. I've had it for 30 years and I've never had any problems with it. The drinking system was a bit more expensive than what you can buy commercially but I do like it. It's very easy to maintain and it works fine. The removal of the chlorine makes a big difference in the smell of the water. And it doesn't use electricity. So, that's what I tell people.

Pinned

We're glad to read you're enjoying your water, Jeff. Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 16, 2018

The area that we live in has really hard water and quite high chemical content, within health guidelines. But as far as we were concerned, from a county perspective, those aren't good enough for us. We've lived in our area now for almost four years and when we moved houses we decided we wanted to invest because we noticed that dishes were not getting cleaned because of the water quality. Our skin was dry on a regular basis and drinking water did not taste good. And so we decided we wanted to increase the quality of the water that was touching our bodies and dishes as well as prolong the life of appliances, from a sustainability standpoint.

I did some research on the internet to find out which providers were in my area. I even went out to the different water system websites by searching water services with my zip code and submitted the kind of contact-me type links on each website. A couple of the websites were harder to find in that area so it came down to who reached back out to me with the right kind of quotes. I knew a couple of companies I definitely didn’t want to use because of previous experiences. I talked to Kinetico on the phone and I told them I knew what I wanted. I didn’t want to hear a sales pitch so they came out, talked me through quickly what they had and then we moved forward from there.

Peacock Water Solutions' website submitted a quote to contact me because I didn’t know what kind of systems I needed and they're the expert in that. I had someone email me back saying that they have an agreement and a contact to get in touch with. So, I reached out to that contact and he offered to set up an appointment at our convenience. It was quick after that. He was in our house and talked us through everything we needed to know. We made our decision and went with the installation. So, from the time that I submitted "I want to contact a quote," from the website to having him at our house, it was a week or less. We purchased a drinking water filtration system from Kinetico Water Systems. It was their highest level of drinking filtration system and the basic lowest level water softener system.

The installation team was great. They sent two guys -- one to install the water filtration system for the drinking water and then the other focused on the water softener system. They had a bit of a challenge because of our unique situation with where our water supply was. But overall, it took them two hours or so through these systems and they kept me in the loop. They didn’t need my input on a lot of stuff. They just let me know if they hit any issues and what they were working on. They were very knowledgeable about the products and they would talk if I had questions. They got the job done. We've loved having the system.

My wife does her hair and it dries faster, and our dishes are cleaner as well as our drinking water. We drink way more water now and we've been very pleased with it. We feel better about what we're actually drinking too. The process was simple and straightforward, and it wasn’t a lot of salesman-type pressure at all. They supported me along the way. Even now, I send texts that I will have every now and then and will have questions that come up, and the rep responds almost immediately.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I bought Kinetico's RO system by name recognition and I like the compactness of the system inside the house instead of having the filters exposed. But there were some glitches during the installation. Nobody checked to see that the line was hooked up to the refrigerator before they pressurized it so I had a cleanup. The installer broke or cracked the line that comes from the dishwasher to the disposal while he was trying to put things in there. I didn’t find out about that until I used the dishwasher a couple of days later with a leak all over the bottom of the brand new cabinets down there. I don’t think he knew that he busted it. I just went ahead and took care of it myself. Once I took out the air out of the system, it started working better than it did the first couple of days. I wasn’t quite sure if the water hammer that we experienced was going to be a permanent feature or not. That seemed to settle itself down after they pulled the air out.

Price

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Due to the hard water in our neighborhood, we contacted Kinetico through a home show. They came out to test our water and told us it was extremely hard. Although their cost was double what other companies were charging, we got their water softener and water osmosis system. The quality is good and we have been with them for four years now.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I have really hard water and so I bought a Kinetico water softener. They had a lot of reputation, plus a family member had told me about them. Their rep took the water sample and did a good job of explaining the options. Moreover, the installer was fine and professional. He was in and out in about an hour. Now the water doesn't have the chlorine smell or taste. Overall, it was good a good experience. I would recommend Kinetico.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

The two gentlemen who came to do routine service on our Kinetico system were very prompt, professional and courteous to us. They provided a very pleasant, timely and enjoyable experience. We would highly recommend Aquarius and their staff to anyone interested in a Kinetico system.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

From initial water test, to picking out a system, to purchasing supplies in store, it has been an outstanding experience working with Kinetico. Friendly, courteous staff put you first all the time and I would, and have, recommended their products to family and friends. I look forward to keeping this unit for a long time.

Hi Gary!

Thanks for the glowing review and more importantly, for the opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Friendly staff. Quick professional service. Reliable equipment. Great tasting water. What more could you ask for? Call them and a friendly associate comes out to your home to test your water (or bring some to the store) and make recommendations on how to improve your water. It's that easy. My softener uses very little salt and turns my hard water into clean great tasting water.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Everything’s great with Kinetico and I love it. I heard about it from a salesman named Alfredo from El Paso from a Home & Garden Show in El Paso. I’ve always liked the idea of water softening and then he just explained in depth pretty much the benefits of it. I liked everything about what it’s able to do. It seemed like we had a lot of chlorine in the water higher than what the gentleman had seen. He just explained that we’re probably closer to one of those water towers.

The installation came in and got it done really fast and efficient. And I could tell like when we take showers it’s a lot better. We also got the Osmosis drinking water. I like telling the joke that I got the cleanest water in El Paso all the time. I’ve already recommended Kinetico to many people. I tell them what a great product they have. And some people came back and they were like, "Well, it's hard to wash your hands or get the soap off." And I’m like, “Well, you gotta really try it because it’s really not difficult."

Reviewed April 14, 2018

My daughter felt that my water wasn’t healthy. She has a reverse osmosis and she wanted me to get it, too. I was visiting a friend in a senior living establishment and there were different groups of people sitting at different tables from different organizations. Kinetico was one of them and I talked to them. I received the card of the person and then I called and made an appointment later. The sales rep was good and everything went well with the installation. They put the reverse osmosis system under my kitchen sink. I had hoped it could go into my refrigerator but they said the refrigerator was too far. I've had the system for about five years now. The water tastes good and I use it for cooking or drinking. Kinetico comes about once a year and put new filter in it but they want to come too early to put the filter in and I could wait another several months.

Other than that I've told someone about Kinetico. She had gotten a new countertop and she was afraid that getting the reverse osmosis installed would mess up her new countertop when they make the hole for the water faucet. I said that they did a really good job with mine and they were very careful. I told her she could come and look at mine if she wanted.

Hi Eleanor,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for telling your friends about your product.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

As a fairly new customer of Kinetico, my experience has been exceptional—right from the start! My representative, the technicians, and the staff have been very helpful and very friendly. The best part of meeting this team is that they are all very knowledgeable in the products. I’m very confident that my water system will serve me well in years to come. Thank you Kinetico!!

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for sharing this experience!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

It has been five months since we had our Kinetico Water Station installed, and the difference in the taste of the water (and things like coffee) is amazing. The system is quiet and we have had no issues at all. The leak detector even alerted us to a leak from our kitchen sink. I recommend this to all my neighbors!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I got a water softener system through Kinetico online. The water kept my skin better. I installed it myself and I know exactly when I need to add more salt.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Representative, Harold, from Martin Water Conditioning was very professional and effective in demonstrating the use and maintenance of our new Kinetico softener system. His information was well presented as were his answers to queries. I would highly recommend Martin Water Conditioning and their employees from whom we have received services.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Water softener installation was a quick, clean, and smooth process. Greatly appreciated the follow up call. Service advisor is very pleasant and willing to please. Highly recommend Martin's! Service is willing to give a good indication of time of arrival and will call you ahead of time to allow for working people to minimize time away from work due to home service calls.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

We bought a brand new house. Our old house had terrible water stains because our hard water is very high. And we just wanted to do a pure water and water softener. So, I did research, found Kinetico online, and called them and made the appointment. And they came out and did their thing. We bought the whole-house water softener and the reverse osmosis from them. The reps were all very nice and very knowledgeable. I had questions as far as what my water quality actually was. And the rep tested that for us and showed us where we are as far as on the scale, what's considered really good and what's considered really bad.

The technician was very good as well. It was a chaotic day. We had him there on the very first day that we took possession of the house. So, we had a bunch of movers in and out. And he was in the basement and did his thing. And it went very smoothly. He was also very polite. We have the hardest water in Ohio and there's still hard water spots on the sinks, on the counters of the glass shower door. But it's easier to take a shower, the soap lathers up better. And we just had an overall good experience with Kinetico, so I'd highly recommend them.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Everything was done professionally and on time, no problems, Mike did a good job explaining the benefits of having the system. So far the system is performing well. Thanks for the service. Have a good day.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

My son's office has Kinetico. And he also put it in his home. He's a physician. And he said, "Mom, it's a good thing." I had been ill, and I don't want to look for more trouble. Everybody says our drinking water is fine but I wanted Kinetico as a precaution. I got the faucet from Kinetico. I wanted the faucet so that the water would go into my instant hot and into my icemaker. And we drink from that water. And I rinse my vegetables and cook with that water.

I called and they set it up when I could be available. And they came right out. The gentleman explained and everything was good. And then, I could have the maintenance where they come every year. They also called me to say, "It's gonna be time to change your filter." And then, they came and did it. They also gave me a discount and I was very pleased. Whoever I spoke to at customer service was also very nice. I have not had any problems. And I've told so many people about Kinetico. I'm happy I got it. But sometimes, when I go to turn the water on, it's cloudy. So, I let it run and it goes away. I would recommend Kinetico.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

We had our first scheduled service today, 6 months after installation of a new water softener and water purification system. Everything went well, and the techs were great. They were very courteous and explained everything they were doing, as they were doing it. I would recommend a Kinetico system in a heartbeat!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I moved into the house with a large water softener and there was nobody in the home but my wife and I. And I didn't think we need a big one so we got a smaller one from Kinetico. I told Kinetico I needed a water softener and I was sold on this product. And one thing was he took the old one out and that was a great thing for me to have it removed. And the one that we have now is sufficient for the two of us and it's very adequate. It's also easier for me to put salt in it because it’s not as high as our larger one. The only problem I had just recently was I needed salt and I could buy salt from the company but I needed someone to take it down the basement. So, I went and purchased it myself, opened it, pulled it out in the garage and got my grandson to carry the salt down the basement.