Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The guy sent by Jacuzzi to do our installation was absolutely amazing. He framed in the door because we had to make the opening wider. The space was fine; getting in there was the problem. He widened it up and then he framed it all back in once he finished. So we have a larger door opening after he finished. Then he explained everything to us and showed us that if we were having any type of problem, the switch is underneath. He was very informative. He cleaned up everything really nicely so we were very impressed with him.

We liked the fact that the Jacuzzi Walk-in tub has the air jets. We practically use it every day, and I only wished it was bigger. Since having the tub, we’re in a rush to get to it in the evening. My husband's having back problems and the tub really relaxes him. He enjoys it in the evening, too. Sometimes I have to tell him it’s time to get out because it’s my turn. Our six year old kid loves it, too. We also really like the lights which are soothing.

I have an arthritis which is quite bad and the Jacuzzi walk-in bathtub is therapeutic for my back and hips. I like to use it in the morning which seems to work the best to me. I'm very stiff when I get out of bed and the tub seems to help me loosen up, so it's really good. I've fewer aches and pains since I've had Jacuzzi. I like the water jets on it, too.

I've already had three strokes and it's hard for me to get into the regular tub because it was high and always binding my leg and my feet. The people who had the house before had glued the shower doors into it and were rubbing my feet really bad. So I thought maybe if I get a walk-in tub, it will help me out. My wife found out about Jacuzzi through the internet. I like that I can just walk in and sit down in the tub. I like the whirlpool too. The only thing I haven't learned to use is the aromatherapy. Now I'm able to sleep after I get out of the tub and I sleep better.

Factual basis uncertain

I am a senior and purchased a Jacuzzi walk-in tub in 2012. Today, four years later, when turning on the hand-held shower, the main faucet flew up and water flooded all over the bathroom until I could turn the water off. When my husband and I purchased the tub for over $**, we were told it came with a "lifetime guarantee." Today when I called to schedule a repair, I was told the service charge would be $350 and that the parts only were guaranteed! Now I cannot take a bath or shower until I save up $350 for the service charge. Please be aware that Jacuzzi has you by the neck as they can charge anything they want as a "service charge" after the one-year warranty runs out. Also, it takes so long for the water to run into and out of the tub to use it as a jacuzzi that skin turns prune-like and water ends up being cold. The unit takes so many gallons!!! I highly recommend avoiding this product and company like the plague!!!

I feel better after I get out of our Jacuzzi walk-in tub which I got because of their name brand and reputation. It's very enjoyable while I'm in there and I like the lights in it. The tub also does relax me enough to go to sleep whenever I'm hurting. However, we did find out that we don't have enough water heater for it so we're not utilizing as much as we probably would. They also told us it may not do what we need it to do since it’s older.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Walk-In Tubs?

I have broken my shoulder bone, got it operated and so far, the Jacuzzi Walk-In Tub has been great for me. I love lying down in the tub though I miss that as it's my recovery period. So, I fill the tub up to a certain point before I can turn on the bubbler which is my favorite feature. I'd turn off the blower altogether except for the bubbler that doesn't bubble above my shoulder bandage that's not supposed to get wet.

The installers were great. Jacuzzi advertised that it would be done in one day but they had to do some things they didn't know they had to do and got it done in two days. But the installers were very nice and my installation experience was very satisfactory. They also showed me how to use the controls but didn't explain the lighting very well. The lights would shift from one color to another like it had gone through the rainbow and had been left in a turquoise color which was fine. Besides that, the Jacuzzi is excellent and performs what it's supposed to do. It acts like a bidet with getting the soap off in the bubbling machine. Anybody would love to have one.

My husband has severe back problems. We had a hot tub in the back that we've had for years but now, he can't get in and out of it. So we looked in the phone book and saw Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs. We liked it right off the bat and we didn't even look at any other walk-in tubs. The installers who came were very knowledgeable and worked pretty fast. My husband likes the tub because of the jets which help his back feel better. I also like the way that the water comes out of the faucet that it washes and rinses my hair really fast.

On the other hand, there were a couple of things that happened that all we get from Jacuzzi people is, "Well, it wasn't our fault." The first one was they had to turn off the electricity and then when they turned it back on, the garage door wouldn't work. They said it was going to break anyway so it was simply a coincidence that it broke at that time. So we had to pay to have someone come out and fix it. The other thing was the water dispenser of our new refrigerator trickled out after they've installed everything and it took forever to get water. They checked it and said, "No. That's not our fault." One of the guys that put in the tub had come out to look at it and said, "Try to get a new filter and see if that works." So we had to wait a couple weeks to even finally get a new filter and it worked. It only made me mad that nothing was their fault and it was always somebody else.

Jacuzzi is the original company that came out with the walk-in tub so I was going back to old school. I also didn't see a lot of pushy sales ads and stuff that said, “We’re number one,” from Walk-in Tubs. The installers were wonderful and were like old friends. They were happy-go-lucky and they went the extra mile to help out. They also did a thorough explanation and they didn't leave a mess. They made sure that everything was clean as it was or better before they left.

My favorite about the tub would be the air jets and the whirlpool. The massage feature also takes a lot of aches and pains especially for Linda, who I live with. She’s not very mobile and that's the biggest reason why we got the tub was because it’s easier for her to get in and out. It’s so much more relaxing for her to be able to take a bath because she hadn’t been able to do that in years. Linda and I both have arthritis and stenosis. With Jacuzzi, it’s been wonderful and a lot easier for the both of us to get in and out. It also doesn’t cost any more in water than it would to stand up and take a shower. We both love the fast drain and everything. We love it. We like the aromatherapy and the weightless feeling. When I'm in the bathtub it’s like everything floats. I don’t just take a bath. I go in and stay there for 30 minutes, at least. It's been an out of this world experience.

I decided to go ahead and get a Jacuzzi tub because I had a hard time getting in and out of the bathtub I had. Even to take a shower, I had to get in the tub and a couple of times, I fell down. At my age and with no way of getting around, it would be better to have one of these walk-in tubs so I didn't have to worry about falling down. The installers had to do a lot of changing on the electrical works to put the tub in. They busted the old bathtub up and took it out and then put the new one in. They answered my questions and showed me how it worked. They had a little trouble getting it in because my bathroom door was too small. They had to cut a part of the wall down and take it out. Then they put it back in and covered it up good when they got the bathtub in there. They showed me how to turn the light on and get the circulation going and how the shower works.

Everything went real well and the installers from Jacuzzi were good about taking care of it. They also did a good job of cleaning it up and I was amazed because when they cut the frame down to get in there, it had sawdust and and they vacuumed it all up then covered up their mark from where they cut it down. I couldn't even tell now that they’ve taken a part of the wall out. I don't use the shower too much - I just get in the tub, sit and let the water circulate and enjoy it that way. It feels good to get in there, sit down and be able to relax with the air flowing around. It makes me relaxed more than a regular bath. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I got a lot to drain before I can get out. Otherwise, I like everything about it. A couple of my friends have already come over and looked at my tub, and they seemed interested in it.

The salesman from Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs that came here was a nice guy. He explained everything to us. Then when the installer came, he explained what he was doing and kept everything clean. However, we noticed that the tub was smaller than we thought it was when they put it in here. We tried to call and talk to the salesman, but he turned it over to somebody else and nothing was ever done. We only got one call back and they wouldn't work with us into trading the tub for the shower unit.

When filling it up, it takes about five minutes and then it starts dumping in cold water once it's about a little over halfway. So by the time it fills up, we only got lukewarm water. The salesman told me to have a 50-gallon hot water heater, but my old one started leaking and had a new one put in. They replaced it with a 40-gallon and I wasn't going to buy a 50 after the expense of 40. Then the door doesn't open wide enough compared to the other company and when we have to close it, we have to get out of the way. I've only used it a couple of times and it makes me feel a little bit better.

I have a low, solid oak post at the foot of my bed. I got out of bed one night and my right leg was just gone. My foot was like floppin' and my leg wouldn't hold me and I fell on my weight. I weighed over 200 pounds, and my weight went on my right side on account of that post. Didn't break any of my ribs, but I hurt so bad and couldn't breathe. I couldn't move for four days and I missed time from work. While lying in, all I could do was watch TV and they kept showing the walk-in bathtubs.

When I went to research it, I couldn't get any prices from anybody. The Jacuzzi kept poppin' up when I was researching, so I placed a call and had the service where a salesman came out to see me. I already knew I was going to get one. I just didn't know the price and what it all entailed. I knew I had to have something that I could at least get in and soak and help get the soreness out.

The electrician came in the middle of July. And the tub installation with the plumbers came on Saturday, July the 30th. They had to come on Saturday because I work full time an hour away from home Monday through Friday and they were very accommodating and nice. The young man that came in with the electrician, Matt, was awesome. They all cleaned up everything. I couldn't even tell they'd been in, except for the improvements made when they left.

I like the therapeutic jets the most. Also the tub fills and empties fast. But I did have an accident with it last Friday night when I was having severe spasms in my back, and I was not careful enough to have the door sealed good. I closed and locked it, but the lock went on the outside of the catch. So my new floor had an inch of water all over it. But I consider that operator error - it had nothing to do with the tub as it was my fault. I know when I'm hurting that bad, I will not try to do that without making sure it is locked.

I'll be 67 in November. I had the tub financed for seven and a half years for less than $200 a month with zero down. I did not hesitate to purchase the tub because I knew it would help give me better quality of life and in turn, give me more quantity of life. I was looking at the big picture. It was a win-win situation for me. I'm happy to recommend this Jacuzzi as the whole experience has been amazing.

We never tried anyone else but the Jacuzzi Walk-in Tub. It let us feel safe, it's easy to get in and out of it, and it's really a good tub. I'd turn the water on, sit down, and wait until it gets full to turn it off. I'd soak while waiting for the water to come in then I'd just lean back and relax. I’d be getting my soap out and start scrubbing and rinsing. I like the massage settings as well. I'd turn on the jets, and it’s tub heaven.

The installation team was very nice and polite, and they showed us how to do things. They knew what they were doing, hooked the tub up, cleaned after themselves and even vacuumed the carpet. They tore out the old tub that was in the master bedroom and put the Jacuzzi in there. So we got plenty of room in the bathroom now. We need a few more baths, as I'm not relaxed yet. Just like today, I was up to Iowa City at the Veterans all day long, come home and I'm just beat. It would be a good time to try it out then I might just have to take one before I go to bed tonight. I'd recommend it to anyone who can afford it.

I have a cousin who was not in the best of physical health, and she told me she was going to get a a step-in tub because she couldn't afford the Jacuzzi. Also, I have a sister who has been diagnosed with dementia and she cannot get out of the bathtub. So I said it sounds like a good deal for a Jacuzzi. I know that they make tubs that are therapeutic and this is not a new thing for them. That is what they do. Now, they've added on other elements to their company over time and it's a little more elaborate now because they added a few more things to it for our comfort and therapy, and whatever else we need it for. So, primarily we got them because that's what they do. Then I called, ordered the tub, got it installed and now everything is working beautifully. My sister can get in and out of it.

Their rep had it measured and all laid out. And then, their installers came and installed it. They were intelligent young men and they knew what they were doing. They were pleasant, clean, and efficient. They didn't fool around and were right on time. I like that my sister doesn't have any problems stepping into it and she said it's wonderful. For me, I like that nobody has to bother me. I think it's a wonderful thing. It's good to use and it makes us comfortable. Customer service is a very important thing to me. And now, we have a Jacuzzi because their customer service was excellent. No time was wasted and it was done to perfection. And that is a number one consideration.

I knew Jacuzzi long before so I thought that theirs would be better than most of the others. Then, their installed the tub, showed me how to work it, and did a nice job - they didn't destroy anything. They've had to run more power. The wall was too narrow, so they had to cut it open in an angle and then they got the tub in. After they finished, they put the wall back in and repaired it - I can't tell where they cut it. The tub fitted in the space that was there. I use the massage to get relief from my back pain when I'm in there and I'm relaxed when I use the Jacuzzi Walk-in tub.

I’m glad I made the purchase. I haven’t used the Jacuzzi walk-in tub but my husband has and he likes it. He has a pinched nerve in his neck, and the pain doesn’t go away completely but it helps relieve it. It also helps him sleep at night. The installation people were very professional. They had to take my doors off to get the tub in, and they put everything back and finished very quickly. They showed us how to work all the buttons, lights, and the aromatherapy. They filled the tub up completely, went over everything and answered every question that we had.

There was a little hiccup with the installation. The installers from Jacuzzi were gonna make my door wider, but then they decided that they couldn’t. It’s the salesman’s problem ‘cause he said that it could be done, but it couldn’t. I have to get a wheelchair in that bathroom, so it’s a little tight but I can still do it. I just wish that the salesman had known what he was talking about. The installers also left some mess on the floor, but I vacuumed it up. They were very knowledgeable. The walk-in tub drains faster than any other. I haven’t been able to use it very often ‘cause I just had an operation and I can’t walk yet. But as soon as I start walking, I’ll get back into it. I was only in it for about three days but it was nice during those three times.

I looked for walk-in tubs online, and Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs were the first ones to call me back. It was the courtesy of the salesperson that was the deciding factor. She was awesome, informative, professional and answered all the questions and concerns I had. Then, their installation team was perfect. It was one gentleman who’s been putting in these type tubs for over 15 years. He had a helper with him and supplied all kinds of information. He even helped get some tiles that we needed to finish the installation to make it look presentable because he was taking out this huge garden tub and putting in the walk-in tub, so there was a big hole there. It was smaller than the space we had that’s why he had to do some cosmetic work around it. They did everything on time and as planned.

My client was very pleased with the outcome of everything. She likes the aroma therapy, the jets at the bottom and the hydrotherapy for her feet which was mostly what she needed it for. Since installation, she's more pleasant to be around. It was an easy experience and it went very smoothly. I would recommend them to anybody interested in getting this type of tub.

We love our Jacuzzi walk-in tub very much and we’re very satisfied with it. The guys who installed it had to do some custom fitting and they were wonderful, very professional and did an excellent job. I like the whirlpool and Jacuzzi part. It’s very relaxing to go into it. I have arthritis and I noticed some improvement. We are glad that we purchased the tub.

We got the Jacuzzi tub for our mother-in-law. About a year ago, she actually fell in a tub, but with this one, she doesn’t have any problem with it. Also, getting over the tub was almost an impossibility for her. But now with the walk-in, that's solved that problem. We also put one of those flexible extension showerhead and that's the only way that she was able to take a shower. The installers of Jacuzzi were really good and professional. The way that the design rushed forward initially, when they put it in, didn’t work because stepping in between the toilet and the door was too difficult. But they just turned it around and reversed it. The one thing I wish was included in the price was the finishing of the walls instead of that being a separate part of it. But I’d recommend it. It’s a useful piece of furniture and it should be used for elderly people.

I got a Jacuzzi Walk-In Tub because of the Jacuzzi whirlpool action which I like. The installation team did a great job. They did the assessment, removed the old tub, cleaned up, put the new tub in that fits in the bathtub space, and cleaned up again afterwards. They also answered more questions and gave me more insight to how the tub worked than the salesperson actually did. The tub helps me out because I’ve had multiple operations on both legs and I’ve had back surgery. It really helps out for any type of injuries. I think it’s a great asset as far as any type of prosthetics. I also love the way the tub fills up. It doesn’t take too long. And then, when I empty the water in the tub, it takes half of the time, which is about two minutes.

We’re pleased to have a Jacuzzi walk-in tub in the house. At this point, I like the water jets. They’re very comforting. It is nice to have the tub here in the house where I can get in and out of it without a stool. It makes me feel much safer. We use it once a week because we also have showers, a hot tub on the back porch, and we use a little bit of everything. The installation people were great. They were very knowledgeable and very helpful in showing us how to use it and the pros and cons on it. They said we can’t open the door until all the water is gone and things like that which was very helpful.

The only thing is that they had to take out the other tub and it had left a gaping hole in the floor tile and the wall, and they weren’t prepared to repair it. So, I had some floor people the next day doing some floor work. They were able to get the floor repaired, but there is still a gaping hole in the wall where the other tub was taken out. The sheetrock is still there. I haven’t had an opportunity to get it fixed yet. We paid $17,000 for it, and everything should have been done.

I’m in pain all the time and I thought that having a nice, hot bath would help me. I’m in a wheelchair and I can’t sit in a bathtub because I can’t get up. Jacuzzi’s a beautiful thing, and I want to enjoy it to relieve some of my pain that’s why I got a walk-in tub. The plumber installed it on July 7th. It was supposed to take one day, but he had to come back the next day because he didn’t have the right drain. Then he brought this other drain and put everything together. It took him from 9:00 in the morning to 8:00 at night to get it working properly. But we were very happy with the people that came and did the electrical work and everything; they were wonderful.

There were no problems the first three times I used it. Then a couple of days later, the water wasn’t going down like it should be. I called the customer service and the girl said that they’ll fix it and she told my husband what to do. That day, I took a bath and when I used it my husband ran in and told me that my bedroom, the hallway, and the bathroom were flooded. Then when I let the water out, it went all the way to the flooring.

On August 22nd a guy came and looked at the tub. He put the water in and it didn’t leak. But then he told me the problem was the defective drain as the water doesn’t go down decently enough. We had to push it down. He said that he would go back and let this girl, Sandy, know about it and that it needs to be replaced. On the 29th, Sandy called and told us that they wanna come out either Friday or Saturday to resolve this problem, and they never showed up. The customer service won’t answer as well because they see my telephone number. I’m trying to talk to everybody, and nobody answered the phone or said anything.

And the funny part was that their customer service has never reported this information that we called twice. The first time was the drain, to adjust it, or to ask someone to come out. The second one was when we had the flood. I called the salesman, Bob, and he was on vacation, and a Daniel immediately has taken his place. He went and got Sandy to write up a red ticket and get somebody out here. When I called him later, he said that he doesn’t know a thing about it.

We live in an apartment and we’re getting our director here to come up and we’ll discuss what to do with it. I’ll have him call Jacuzzi and say there were water damages. And all I’ll do is get in touch with my lawyer if he says “do it” because he can’t even get anywhere with them, and it’s been paid in full. He’s willing once we’ve faxed all the information over to him. I told Bob to give our money back then take this tub back and give me my old one again. He said that they can’t do that. We’ll see what happens when he goes to court.

I was very happy, and now I’m sick of it. We’ve had nothing but troubles because they’re not coming out to do what they’re supposed to do. All I wanna do is get it fixed and we’re able to use it. I would never recommend Jacuzzi because of their service which is horrible and lousy. The last person I called to leave a message was Jim and he never called me back. If I get in the tub and fill it up with water like I did the last time without being fixed, I might have another flood, and our place is getting built underneath us. I can’t let water fall down on all the men that are working. I want to have it fixed and if ConsumerAffairs can help me, I’ll be so grateful.

When I saw the Jacuzzi Walk-in Tub ad and had them come out. The installation team was super and I have no complaints whatsoever about them. They came about 15 minutes before they said they would be here and all four of them went and worked the whole time they were here. They cleaned up after themselves very well and were so thorough in explaining how to use the tub, what they did, what this and that was, and that I didn't have any questions. The only thing, and that wasn't their fault, is the terrible front of the tub that's a manufacturer malfunction. It was like somebody had poured the finish on and it was wrinkled. But the minute they unpacked it, they called the company or their boss and the front was here the next day. I popped it on so it wasn't a problem and I was very impressed with how soon it came.

I'm so happy and love the tub and it's so easy to get into. I wasn't able to really take a bath prior to having the tub. I had a shower that was doing fine but it didn't give me the opportunity to sit back and relax and soak. The tub takes a lot of water but it’s worth it. I feel much better after being in it and I love the jets and the whirlpool. The whirlpool is particularly good for me and now I can get in bed much more relaxed. In the normal tub that I had, I was to the point where I could get in just fine but I couldn't get out. I have artificial knees and I can't rest on them since it's too painful. Particularly in a tub, I would have to put two pillows in there with me to kneel on and the tub has absolutely no leaks. The only downside is the cost of heating the amount of water it takes but after all, I am submerged in it. Also, I'm on a septic tank so I'm a little careful how often I use it. It doesn't take very long to drain but it does take quite a while to fill.

I got a mail from Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs, which normally qualifies as junk mail, but we decided to give it a call and went from there. Their installation team was great, and they cleaned up their mess. They had to put it on a wall but they didn't have to knock out any walls. It fit in the space where we had a garden tub. I went and checked on them every hour because I was curious. I asked questions and I was satisfied with their answers. I like the fact that I could just sit and relax in it. I have arthritis and it helps that a little, and I enjoy it for that purpose. Also, the flat knob with a dent that I have to turn to drain the water out needs to have something that I can grip a little bit better because it's hard for me to turn it because of the arthritis in my hands. Overall, it's a little pricey, but it's very enjoyable.

Jacuzzi has been sending me brochures and literature for years. When it was getting very hard to sit way up over on the tub I had and because I have been falling down, I decided to get a Jacuzzi Walk-in Tub. The installation team was good. They were two young boys and an older man. It was hectic because they kept going in and out and we're not used to that. Then they went over the control panel with me in a roundabout way and I also had the pamphlet on it so I didn't have any problem.

I like the massage jet setting therapy although I haven't been in it that much since we're doing a lot of reconstruction work in the bathroom and trying to get that done. When I have gone in the tub, I've been very comfortable but it drains the life out of me the next day. If I don't rinse in cool water, I'm very, very weak the next day simply because of the therapy in the warm water. Still, now I'm able to take a bath and I'm enjoying it very much. If it's for an older person, it's ideal for them, especially being able to walk into it. I'm 80 years old and it's very good for the body. I can soak, have the jets going, and it's very relaxing. It's absolutely great if I have any sore muscle.

We're old and we've had a hard time getting out of the bathtub without falling and hurting ourselves. I even had a bath chair in there because I couldn't get out of the bathtub at all, or hardly in it. I could not take a bath. I just sat on a chair and showered off. So we got ourselves Jacuzzi walk-in tub. They sent one guy to do the installation on his own and he did a fantastic job. We were really happy with the results. He stayed until he got everything done and cleaned up.Also, he showed us how to use the panels and all of the tub's different features. It's easy to get in it and I'm surprised it even fits our very small bathroom. We feel a lot safer with it especially my husband because he has had a stroke and he has had trouble with the right side of his body so a walk-in tub is a big help.

We liked the Jacuzzi Walk-in Tub the best due to its price. I love it but my husband is wondering why it's got a musty smell. I called Kathy, the one I bought it from, and left a message about it, though she didn't call back yet. But the tub works fine. The installers put it in one day and did a wonderful job. I can get in there safely and take a bath easier. I feel much better after taking a bath unlike before where it was an effort. It's a wonderful thing to have. I’d recommend it to anybody.

The installers from Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs were good and cleaned up after themselves. My wife especially likes the jet part of it and it's easier for her to get in and out of it to do her bathing than on a regular floor tub. It's much safer than the other one was and also seems easier to maintain. So far, we've had an almost perfect experience with Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs.

I got a call from Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs and had a salesman come out to the house. We talked, and I liked what he said, that they had the rights to all the features, like the seat. I'm 78 years old and my bones don't work as well as they used to, so I thought it was time to buy the tub. I wasn't too happy with the electricians who came though. They came out in advance and set up the electric on the outside. When it came time to put the Jacuzzi in, they had left some parts here but didn't leave enough, and they were gone a couple of hours to get the parts that they needed.

By that time, the installation crew had everything done, showed me the features and during the briefing about the tub, they covered everything. The installation crew had to hook it up to the extension cord and the electricians came back and got it going that afternoon. But it just wasn't up to the standard of the installation people. I've been satisfied with the tub. It's doing everything that I want. I soak in it a couple of times a week and it's perfect. I'm also able to use the shower when I don't have time to soak. I've got bad knees and a bad wrist so it helps. I’s a little expensive for the average person. It ran me $20,000 for the unit, which is all right. But a lot of people can't afford having to make a third down and the remainder on completion of the installation. They'd have to go to at least three payments.

My sisters did a little checking and they thought that Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs was the best. I really like it. It's very nice and I'm able to take a bath now unlike my previous tub where I couldn't get in. It's just great to have something like this that older people can use without having to try to get into a regular tub. This is so much easier and convenient. It’s easy to get in and out. Also, I have a broken hip and it helps with the pain. It's everything I thought it would be. I also like the lights that come on.

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs Company Profile