2. Homeowners

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.12/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Jacuzzi has two walk-in models, one designed to fit into your existing tub space and one designed for bathroom remodels. Both models come with soaking and massage feature options, including water jets, air jets and heated surfaces. The company provides a lifetime warranty on its products. Jacuzzi no longer offers walk-in tubs for new customers.

BOTTOM LINE

Jacuzzi used to offer two types of customizable walk-in tubs. Its models include specialized comfort and safety technologies. The company has discounts for self-installing Finestra models.

PROS
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Epsom salt-friendly
    • Up to 10 adjustable jets
    • CleanLine technology
    CONS
    • No installation for Finestra models
    • Expensive bath accessories

Top Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Walk-In Tubs?

The Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs installer did one hell of a job. He gutted out my old tub and... put in the walk-in bathtub all in less than one day. ...My wife had a total knee replacement and it was hard for her to get in and out of our old tub. With the walk-in bathtub, all she has to do is step in.

The Jacuzzi representative that visited us was superb and so was their installation team. It took them a total of 10 hours, eight hours one day and two hours in extra, to install the walk-in tub. And the quality of the tub is excellent.

About Jacuzzi walk-in tubs

Ever since the Jacuzzi brothers invented the original hydrotherapy jet in 1956, Jacuzzi has been the industry leader in massage jet therapy. These days, a Jacuzzi walk-in tub combines comfort, luxury and safety with unique therapeutic benefits for chronic conditions like fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. The Jacuzzi walk-in bathtub is designed so anyone can have a safe and relaxing spa-like experience.

Jacuzzi walk-in tub models

Jacuzzi offers two types of walk-in tubs: the Finestra and the conventional Jacuzzi Walk-In Tub. The standard is designed to replace your existing bathroom setup, and the Finestra is developed for new construction or complete bathroom overhauls. Both pair safety with hydromassage for a full-body soak experience.

Jacuzzi’s Finestra Walk-in Tub

The Jacuzzi Finestra line of walk-in tubs comes in four variations, ranging from a simple full-body soak to a total at-home spa experience. All include built-in safety features, such as an ergonomic door handle, a grab bar and slip-resistant flooring. Jacuzzi constructs the tubs from high-gloss acrylic available in white, almond or oyster colors. Headrest pillows and hand-held showerheads can be purchased separately. Drain and jet trim, faucets and fixtures are customizable.

The soaking tub
        Allows the user to enjoy a deep, immersive bath, much like a traditional bathing experience where you're enveloped in warm water. Optional maintenance heater that makes warm water last longer is available as an upgrade.
        The whirlpool model
        Provides a deep-tissue massage using Jacuzzi’s patented jet system. Six strategically placed jets — four adjustable PointPro back jets and two PointPro spinner jets — combine to target muscles and alleviate tension. CleanLine water lines containing antimicrobial additives to limit bacteria and odors are included. RapidHeat inline heating, which maintains temperature and eliminates the need to add more hot water during baths, is also included. Both are part of Jacuzzi's own patented technology.
        The Pure Air bath
        Softer and more subtle than the whirlpool system, it pushes air into the water to create a champagne-like effect where thousands of heated effervescent bubbles surround the body. The bubbles create a curtain of heated air that rises through the water. Pure Air baths are equipped with Jacuzzi’s Silent Air induction technology, which silently mixes air into the water, creating a gentler and quieter whirlpool experience. Pure Air features include a drain-activated automatic purge of blowers after every use, balanced heated airflow into the bath, adjustable wave mode for blower cycles from minimum to a user-defined maximum and a thermal lumbar comfort area delivering heated air to your back.
        The all-inclusive Salon Spa package
        Combines the features of the whirlpool and Pure Air models. Users can enjoy an invigorating massage, effervescent bubble bath or a hybrid version incorporating both Jacuzzi bath benefits simultaneously. Whirlpool jets massage away muscle soreness and ease joint pain, while Pure Air bubbles relax and rejuvenate. The tub’s dual capabilities allow for more than a dozen personalized hydromassage options. There’s also maximized jet count and placement. The Salon Spa system has 10 strategically placed jets — two adjustable PointPro jets, two PointPro spinner jets and six micro PointPro jets — that target the back, body and feet. It also includes all the Jacuzzi technology found on whirlpool and Pure Air models, such as CleanLine, Silent Air and RapidHeat.
        Additionally, the Salon Spa model comes equipped with mood-enhancing chromotherapy, which produces 256 colors via LED lighting. It also includes companion aromatherapy, which infuses the bathwater with therapeutic scents. The tub's luxury control panel can be upgraded to include LCD lighting and whisper-quiet technology, or Illumatherapy lighting can be added. The latter adds highly saturated red, green, blue or yellow colors to the bath through Jacuzzi's patented TargetPro jets.

The Jacuzzi Walk-in Tub

The Jacuzzi walk-in tub comes equipped with whirlpool and Pure Air functions, which produce a spa-like experience. Ten strategically placed Jacuzzi massage jets provide an adjustable hydrotherapeutic whirlpool, while Pure Air technology generates warm air bubbles.

The tub includes a hand-held showerhead and a fast-fill faucet, which reduces the amount of time spent sitting in the tub waiting for it to fill. It also has a built-in, heated seat, a slip-resistant floor, an ergonomic grab bar and wide-opening, guaranteed leak-proof door. Jacuzzi’s unique Fast Drain technology empties the water in nearly half the time as a conventional rotary drain. An inline water heater maintains the warm water temperature for as long as you want to soak.

The acrylic tub features raised push buttons for effortless operation and a walk-in design with a low step-in. Larger sizes include aroma and chromotherapy. Jacuzzi tubs are available in two colors, white or quarry topaz.

FeaturesWhirlpool walk-in tubPure Air BathSalon Spa walk-in tub
        Foot massage
        Whirlpool walk-in tub$7,500 to $8,000
        Pure Air Bath$7,500 to $8,000
        Salon Spa walk-in tub$8,800 to $9,200

How much does a Jacuzzi walk-in tub cost?

A Jacuzzi walk-in tub ranges from $6,000 to $12,000 and varies significantly on model and type. If you're looking at one of the four Jacuzzi Finestra brand tubs, installation is not included in the final cost. Consumers buy and install these tubs themselves or work independently with an installer of their choosing.

However, a Jacuzzi walk-in tub includes installation in its pricing. Therefore, the complete quote tends to be higher, starting around $10,000. Also, a Jacuzzi brand walk-in tub comes equipped standard with all the features included on Finestra's top-of-the-line, deluxe Salon Spa model. Finestra soaking tubs are typically the most affordable, starting around $6,000. Jacuzzi's whirlpool and Pure Air models both cost about $7,500, and the all-inclusive Salon Spa bath is $8,800 or more.

The cost of a Jacuzzi walk-in tub can also be affected by other factors including installation, the tub's location and whether it can fit through doorways, stairwells and halls. Potential plumbing, flooring and electrical improvements also affect the bottom line. Likewise, options, add-ons and Jacuzzi walk-in tub sizes can increase costs, whether it be a standard Jacuzzi or Finestra brand.

Jacuzzi walk-in tubs FAQs

What type of warranty does Jacuzzi offer for walk-in tubs?
        A limited lifetime warranty on the bathtub body and factory-installed pump, jets, controls and blower is included with all Jacuzzi walk-in tubs. There's also a two-year labor warranty on all factory-installed components and 90-day warranty, excluding labor, on all options and accessories, such as optional hand-held showerheads purchased for Finestra brands.
        What do I need to know about Jacuzzi’s installation process?
        The Jacuzzi tub installation process varies by type. Finestra tubs are designed to be installed by the purchaser, while Jacuzzi tubs include installation in the final price. Free, in-home quotes are available from distributors. Full-service installations are done by trained technicians, who remove your old bathtub and install your new one in a day.
        What are the standard dimensions of Jacuzzi walk-in tubs?
        Jacuzzi walk-in tub dimensions range from 52 to 60 inches in length and are typically about 30 inches wide, though some models are 36 inches wide. Dimensions vary depending on the model, but most models can fit within a standard bathtub space.
        Is it safe to use Epsom salt in my Jacuzzi walk-in tub?
        Yes, the Jacuzzi walk-in tub is compatible with Epsom salt. The company suggests using its own Jacuzzi brand Epsom salts, available online in pharmaceutical-grade lavender and mint or unscented varieties.
        Are discounts and financing available for Jacuzzi walk-in tubs?
        Some buyers may qualify for financing, including affordable options and easy low payments, when purchasing a Jacuzzi walk-in tub from one of the brand’s nationwide distributors. Financing may also be available from retailers selling Finestra products. Jacuzzi brand walk-in tub buyers typically receive $1,500 off their bathtub purchase. Some distributors and retailers offer senior and military discounts as well.

Do we recommend Jacuzzi walk-in tubs?

While Jacuzzi walk-in tubs are priced high, they come with an impressive list of standard features that other companies sell as additional options. The tubs also have unique patented technology that other tubs do not. Finestra models can be independently installed, reducing costs, and come in less expensive soak-only or single-feature versions. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty, and the company is a proven leader in the whirlpool market.

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Walk-In Tubs?

Original review: July 22, 2020

The job was not completed. It was inferior in finish. Jets are low pressure. Service is terrible. Way overpriced for the quality you get. No follow-up. Don't recommend. Still waiting after 4 weeks for them to contact me to finish work.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I had trouble with one of the jets of my Jacuzzi tub. It came out. But I pushed it back in, and it seemed to work. I’m handicapped and I couldn’t get in the tub anymore. But since having the walk-in tub I am able to get in and out of the tub. I enjoy it. I knew I would. The tub is really good. But I would suggest having the doors go out instead of in. It’d make it really easier to get in and out.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

When my wife looked online, she thought the Jacuzzi walk-in tub would be the best one to buy, but it was very expensive. We called and made an appointment. A guy showed up and we bought it. It took them two days to install. They had to take the door frame off the bathroom to get it in there. We didn't realize it was that big. But they did a fine job and put everything back.

When you get in it, there's hardly any room to shut the door. You get in and before you sit down, you can't get the door past your legs. But my wife is a larger woman, which probably explains a lot of it. We also need to get a bigger hot water tank because if she fills the tub up, she runs out of hot water. She's not using the tub a whole lot. She's fighting cancer and it wears her out when she gets out of there. However, it's comfortable. I can sit in there and fall asleep with all the jets and other circulating parts.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

The Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs installer did one hell of a job. He gutted out my old tub and the fixtures and then put in the walk-in bathtub all in less than one day. He came from Houston and made it to my house at about 9:30 and completed the job at about 7:30 that night. My wife had a total knee replacement and it was hard for her to get in and out of our old tub. With the walk-in bathtub, all she has to do is step in and place a shower chair in there. It’s a God-sent blessing and we love it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I purchased a Jacuzzi walk-in tub for health reasons and the salesperson who sold it to me was full of junk. He was a heck of a salesman and gave a lot of claims that I would then find out not true. So, he had oversold it. The installer was not too good as well and the installation started off badly. He tore up my floor and they knocked off half my floor. They also just put my towels on the sink in a bag and set it by the front door. It started going downhill and the company got defensive. So, it didn’t go smoothly and we went through a mess. I was just happy to get them out.

Now, I haven’t got to totally enjoy some stuff on the tub. I also don’t use it that much as I still haven’t put in another water heater. The salesman and I talked about that, and he told me my water heater was sufficient. But I found out later that it’s too small. I wish I did it differently and maybe talked to a couple of other companies, but it is what it is. I don’t know if it’s my fault or their fault, but I wouldn’t recommend that crew and I wouldn’t recommend them to anybody else.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I was needing to get a walk-in tub for my wife, so I looked and compared different brands online. I then had good interactions with the sales representative and the installation process went well. The only thing is that the rep said that they would only have Jacuzzi people do it. But the guys who came here said they were subcontracted out. Still, they were professional, courteous, and they did well. They’ve done Jacuzzi a lot. So, sometimes, salesmen will say things and then it doesn’t turn out to be true, which is the only thing that I have a complaint about. Other than that, everything is fine and the tub works well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Pat Williams Plumbing recommended Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs to me. I got a Jacuzzi and I've found using it very convenient. I like how mine has a soaker. So far, my granddaughter loves it. She works afternoons, comes home and takes a nice soaking bath.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

There was one of those corner garden tubs in the house that I bought and I tried it for about nine months and it wasn’t working out for me. So, I knew I had to go do something different. I started a process of looking at all the walk-in tubs and I probably put in an internet search. I looked at about five manufacturers and Jacuzzi was one of them. I liked the price and the salesman was local to the area. I read a lot of online reviews also. The rep was good and by the time he showed up, I had already gone through about five different pictures. So, the rep was one of the last ones and I already had a lot of information. The pitch was not a forma kinda thing. He told me what he could do. One of the other things was that they changed parts where you could do Epsom salts without problems to the pump and the hardware and that was an extra added benefit.

There were two guys in the installation team and they took out the old one. It was actually a Jacuzzi and I asked for a couple of parts off it that I could possibly use for plumbing later that kinda matched my other stuff, and they accommodated that. They got right into work and I told them the orientation that I wanted. I had already mounted the TV onto the wall because I anticipated being in there for a long time. They put in a purple sheetrock and everything went fine. They even ran a new inlet line over.

Jacuzzi could do something to improve the comfort. If they had some kind of a padded sheet because I actually had to go to Amazon and I found some of those gel cushions that people put in cars. I tried two different brands and one of them fell apart but one of them has held up remarkably well. I don’t use the heated seat very much because when I get in, I’m already sitting on like a cloth thing but if you sit in the tub for an hour or two, your bums get sore from sitting.

A lot of the other tubs out there design them for older and sick people. Most of the other tubs that are manufactured don’t have a forceful jet but Jacuzzi did. I had some problems though. The jets have a piece of plastic that runs across the front of it to stop the pressure. I had a service call and I told the lady who came out that I was looking for maximum pressure. So, she sent me two replacements of regular jets that I could put there, and that has been a godsend. A lot of people would say that older people bruise easily but I don’t care about bruising. I need the higher pressure. I suffered from plantar fasciitis for eight years. I’ve been bone-on-bone on a knee since 1988. I’ve never had a knee replacement because I’m self-employed, so there’s no safety net there for me. I’m very happy with Jacuzzi.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My experience with Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was okay. I don't think it is the tub that I really talked to the representative about because I wanted eight jets and I only got four. Also, it's hard for me to get in the tub. I got to take some getting used to because I have dropped foot in my left foot, and I have a right below the knee amputation. During the home consultation, however, the rep I dealt with was wonderful. The guys in the installation were nice, too, and they tried to be helpful. The tub, overall, is a good thing to have especially if you can walk in. I want to get in a tub because I haven’t been in a tub in forever. The benefit of it is that I could sit down in a tub of water.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I had had Jacuzzi parts before this one, and it has always functioned well. I was comfortable with the material. They put it in, it works fine and no complaints. They did what they said they were gonna do. My tub is a basic soaker and it doesn't have any fancy gadgets. I have a bad knee from playing tennis, and they suggested Epsom salt soaps. I fill it with water and I fill Epsom salt in, and that's the end of it.

Jacuzzi Walk-in Tubs Company Information