3.94/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

16 Homes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I really enjoyed the clean and sleek layout. It was easy to get around and find what I needed. The pictures were high definition, and I didn't feel like advertisements were being shoved down my throat. However, the site overall didn't have very many animations, something that I enjoy while looking about. If you could add animations as you roll over the categories at the top of the screen I think that will help the appearance of the website.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Easy to use website and easy to create an account and navigate through. You can select from all different options to get exactly what you need or looking for. It is self-explanatory and all options run across the top page with pull-down menus. They have a lot of good features and calculators you can use.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

To navigate Homes.com it would be best to open an account which is very free and easy, after you register you can search for homes by city state price or type such as buying or renting. When you see a home that interests you you can contact the property manager through the site about an inquiry and if you aren't sure about the home you can add it to your list of favorites to visit at a later date and or compare with others.

Homes.com has a very nice layout and was fairly easy to navigate. But it didn't have all the features that I wanted in a real estate search site. It should also incorporate better search features into their site. For example you should be allowed to search from highest to lowest prices and also the search parameters should be less broad you should be able to search in a closer range. The site was also a little buggy. But it wasn't a bad experience and I would use it again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

It's easy to navigate. The homes are verified to avoid fraud or scams and it has local listings for convenience. I also like the layout and the colors. But maybe they could include a larger selection of lower prices on homes and info such as the requirements for moving into the properties. On the other hand, I used this site to research areas to live, and for mortgage information. If you need a site with a large variety of properties, this is it. It is better than the other sites in its category.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Homes.com is a great website. I really enjoy the ease of navigation on the website because it helps me find what I'm looking for quickly. This site is kind of slow though every time I try to connect to it, so it does lag a little. Also, sometimes older photos are used on some of the properties, so it's not being up to date. But overall I think it's great. Create an account and start searching. It's super simple to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have found a great website and excellent resources for finding the perfect home and the right mortgage rate. The website of Homes.com is easy to use, has a great variety of homes and rates are good. I have found a few homes I am interested in, that I am in the process of checking out. But I think that if more pictures were included with each property it would be one way to improve the website. I also believe that a wider range of properties across the country would be very helpful for many families in their search for the perfect property for them. But I would recommend Homes.com.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Many homes are only listed there. The search can be narrowed, but it is not the easiest to do. Zip codes search is usually way too wide, and it is sometimes difficult to narrow. You can look at the site but still need a realtor to help you get access and walk you through the process, and help you with the details, like writing the contract and deciding on financing. Also, listings are sometimes out of date, off the market, or no longer for sale. Such a waste of time. Most homes do not have good pictures, or the pictures do not accurately reflect the homes.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I liked how easy it is to list homes for sale on the site and they offer a competitive rate. I also like how Homes.com has a large selection of homes to look for to buy. You would go to the site and then select the ZIP code you're looking for or city. Then you can narrow it down by size and cost then you get a listing of homes nearby that are for sale that meet that criteria. You can filter out many different factors such as neighborhood and surround area to find the perfect area to live in, but the search results that come back are a bit scatter shot. They aren't organized too well so you have to hunt for the exact home you're looking for. Plus, there aren't many advice options for selling a home on the site.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It was good as could be expected. I have the ability to detail what I want as far as how many bedrooms, bathrooms even amenities that I am considering and not have any surprises after you get to the house and see it in person. Prevents a waste of time that I don't have to waste. I found a few homes but to tell the truth they didn't have what I'm really looking for. I want something custom built. I know now so I'd like to see land for sale on these sites.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have been using homes.com and I like that the homes.com site is easy to use and understand. Also there is different options for whatever I might be looking for in a home, able to put my home search into detail. I like that I can have help with finding what I am looking for by setting up text and email options. Homes.com would be my first choice. Very easy to understand and have access to hundreds of homes in whatever area you like, and get updates by text and email allows you to still search while doing your daily tasks.

It's so convenient for someone who is busy. It's also so easy to place a home for sale, about or then again as easy as typing in information in the search for a home. And if you desire that you would like to placing your home for sale it is just as easy as if you were to search for a home on homes.com. It's a great site. They must be helping lots of people find great homes with the price range options. Right now we are looking to find a home that is for sale by owner to possible save some money, so homes.com was one of my first choices to help aid me in finding.my first home. So far I find it very easy to use and understand this site. Lots of other sites ask you to pay a fee to get more info on the homes your looking at. Not this site. That's one reason why I like it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Mediocre yet enjoyable. When searching on Homes.com for a home the process is relatively easy. You do not have to create an account to search for listings but the selection of homes you are searching for usually need a lot of home improvements. Even the homes in the more affluent areas. I enjoy home improvement projects so browsing for homes on this site are enjoyable for me. I would give the site more full site features. The current mobile site looks a little dated. Because of this serious buyers will most likely search other home sites. Also, there needs to be more newer and more classical homes that do not need improvements.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I firstly made an account with Homes.com so I could save properties that I had interest in. It was hard to get use to the site at first but once I got used to it was really easy to use. I wanted to sell my house so I used this website to find out how much the houses in my area were selling for and it was really easy to see how much they were listed at and how much they were sold at in the end.

I like the filtering options on Homes.com. It allows you to filter stuff such as city, state, county, zip code, MLS number, for sale, for rent, home values, property types, how many beds, how many baths, price ranges, and lot sizes. While they offer free listings and experienced agents, you can't use Homes.com internationally. My friend was planning to use Homes.com when she moved to Korea but was unable to use it because it didn't work in Korea, instead she had a really hard time trying to find a place to rent in Korea.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I just was getting an idea of homes in my price range and location. Homes.com gave me a sense of what I could look for and stay within my price range. I like their virtual home tours because they allow me to view the home at my leisure. I dont have to inspect the home with a realtor. I also like the ability to tap on a specific appliance and see the brand. It would be helpful to know when the furnace or central air system was purchased. Overall, I find homes.com easy and quick.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Homes.com helps the processes of finding homes. I like that you also look for homes to rent. You can sell, buy and rent homes and the website is easy to navigate. Brokers and realtors are always there to help and they can even talk with you right there online. So far, it's better than other websites I have looked at. Everything seems to be easy and all the help is there whenever you need.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Homes.com seemed fine to me. While there wasn't really wrong with the site, I didn't like the ads that popped up and covered half of my phone screen. That was really annoying. And I didn't like how many listings popped up with just the aerial shot of the lot instead of actually pictures of the property. But I like that it's easy to navigate, and the filters while searching are useful. I also like that you can sort the listings different ways. That's very helpful. Overall, it was pretty good.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I simply made myself a very simple account and chose some of the main things I had to have with my new home. For example, my family has to have a finished basement. When I log on and search for homes by the locations I am looking to move to, it only pulls up homes with finished basements. When I do find a home I like, it shows the average mortgage payment with insurance and property taxes. I also like this site because it shows the pictures of the home. The only thing I dislike is when I click on a home and try to scroll through the pictures the advertisements really get in the way. I don't mind advertisements but I don't like them mixed in with the pictures.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs