Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.8/5 (194 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Homes.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Homes.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Terrible service. Not worth the money. Misleading information from salesperson. Told monthly price by salesperson but stuck in long term contract that is impossible to get out of. Stay away from this service. Would give negative stars if it were an option. This seems more like a scam than a service.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I am a licensed Realtor who signed up for three zip codes with my licensed Realtor colleague. We were supposed to get a certain number of good, vetted leads per month. The number of leads received is far less and they included bad phone numbers, renters (I do sales only) and completely out of my area. The Lead Concierge is useless. I have made many attempts on the phone and email to cancel my contract. I was able to make an appt with my "assigned" customer service specialist. I waited four days for the appt. He didn't call and didn't answer my calls. 28 hours later I still have no response. I have called and emailed several more times. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they were all in a meeting and an email would be sent on my behalf. I want to cancel my service immediately and receive a refund.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Absolutely some of the most crooked people I've ever dealt with. I was sold their service by Chris **. He talked me into the six month contract by telling me I could get out at 3 months if I gave 30 days' notice. I have 34 days notice so I would be sure not to pay for 4 months. I paid for the 3rd month, reluctantly, and month 4 they start calling me telling me that my account is delinquent. I told them I canceled. They said that I was signed up for six and that I had to pay for 6. I explain what the salesman told me and they said that's not how it works and I'm stuck paying for six months. I haven't gotten a lead that has been pre-approved, which is not acceptable in this market. Absolutely terrible company. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS!

Original review: April 27, 2021

In Jan 2020 I joined Homes.com after a hard sales pitch that promised the moon. At $200 a month it was expensive but I was promised solid leads. Long story short over the next 2 months I received like 8 or 9 leads and they were bogus junk leads. Most denied needing any service. BUT the biggest problem and one that the big companies pull all the time is even after I canceled, they continued to bill me $200 a month for several months. They are crooks. Stay clear.

Original review: April 27, 2021

If I could leave zero stars I would. First of all I was told I was paying for a entire zip code, what I found out during an upscale call, was I only had 7% of the zip code. I agreed to upgrade to a full zip code for an additional fee and was told the charge (made that same day already for the 7%) would go toward the new charge for the upgraded area. When I got off the phone I checked my account and they billed me the full amount. I then called to cancel the full service, because this company is a joke and they told me It would be - I got billed 3 more times.

When I called to dispute the charge they told me I committed to 3 months of service - which was never verbally mentioned, but apparently in the fine print they email over. This company is shady, liars and scammers - save your money, go somewhere else. I also want to mention, once I signed up with them - I got many leads sent to me - of telemarketing and scammers- yep- that’s all that showed up for me - never once got a Real Estate related lead! Biggest joke ever!! I called and called and explained I had been lied to - no one cares.

Original review: April 8, 2021

This is the worst company. Do not waste your money. They got me twice. They said they had changed everything. It would be different this time. I would get real leads this time. Names, phone numbers, real calls and properties buyers were interested in. They promised me. Even got the manager to call me to profess how everything had changed. What a scam. I think in 3 months I have had 11 texts. May have a phone number but no name. Some phone numbers don’t work. One man I called did not know what in the world I was calling him for. I think I am in 5 zip codes. That is pretty lousy results for a company. Like I said do not waste your money and all the aggravation of dealing with these people. It was a lesson I should of learned the first time around.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I signed up with Homes.com for a 3 month lead program on Feb. 1, 2021. I bought a portion of 2 zip codes in the towns that I chose. I was told by the salesperson that I would appear on the listings for homes in those zip codes and would receive leads. I have received a few leads. The buyers are completely unresponsive. Finally I got one to respond and she said to remove her from my emails. She said she had received over 10 other Realtors bombarding her with calls, texts and emails. When I viewed myself on the listings of the zip codes I purchased it's only me and 2 others?! So Homes.com is then still giving out these leads to 7 other Realtors! This is a total scam and I'm locked in for 3 months or they charge you a huge penalty. I called to discuss and got one call back. I then returned that call twice only to leave voicemails with no further call backs.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Updated on 04/15/2021: I signed up for Homes.com but had a terrible experience, so I cancelled it. After cancelling my agreement with them in writing, they continued to charge me....THREE TIMES. I could not get their attention despite several calls and emails, so I posted an honest review here. Homes.com responded to me privately saying they would be in touch... but they never got in touch. They sent me a second private message saying "we've been in touch with you and everything is resolved." Wrong: there was NO contact. Nothing resolved. This company is awful. I doubt this will ever be resolved, but at least I can warn other agents not to get involved.

Original Review: In six months, Homes.com failed to produce a single lead. When my six month contract was nearing an end, I emailed a cancellation notice to the "Cancellation" email address they provided, and to the salesperson. They never acknowledged receipt of either email. So I emailed again... and again... and again. Even though I tried repeatedly to cancel service, Homes.com charged me for an additional six months without my permission. They continue to harass me with multiple emails demanding payment. Since I refuse to pay, they sent the bill to a collection agency. This company is unprofessional and I regret ever doing business with them.

Homes.com response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Tricia. We always want our agents to feel taken care of, and are sorry to hear your experience hasn’t met that mark. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like our team reached out and spoke with you on a resolution. If this is not the case, please reach out to us with any concerns or questions you may have.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have been calling for 3 months, emailed and still have not been able to get them to do a simple fix to my website hosting that only they control. For 3 months, it has been broken yet they still continue to charge for it. Run away. Don't walk.

Homes.com response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Bart. Your success is our top priority. Upon reviewing your account I see that a member of our service team was able to reach out to you last week and apply a resolution to your account. If this is not the case, please reach out to us with any concerns or questions you may have.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I can not wait until these people get sued. I will happily take part in the lawsuit. Please contact me when you do it, I have every phone call and email documented. ** Erika **. I have been calling for 45 days. Not a single email or call back. Why did I not read these reviews first. Brittany, you should get a real job, one that allows you to sleep at night.

Homes.com response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Erika. We always want our agents to feel taken care of, and are sorry to hear your experience hasn’t met that mark. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like our team has reached out to you in the last couple of weeks, but were not successful in connecting with you. A resolution has been applied to your account, and we welcome any questions you may have regarding this or any other concerns you may have.

Homes.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

Homes.com Company Information