Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Homes.com Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

If you are a Realtor and are contacted by Homes.com or Homesconnect.com, RUN FAR AWAY! I had a contract that was cancelled and they are STILL billing me and pulling money from my account. They repeatedly lie about what they offer in order to get you to sign up for leads. And forget talking to a manager, because they will not put you through to one. This company has ZERO ethics! I have spoken with several agents at Homes.Com and they are required to back each other up with their lies. RUN, RUN, RUN - You will lose your money and you will NOT receive the leads their salespeople promise. This little saga has been on-going for two months.

Homes.com response

We always appreciate feedback - positive and negative - so thank you for sharing your experience, Mark. We take your feedback very seriously, and apologize that your experience hasn’t been top-notch. Your concerns have been escalated to our Customer Experience Director who is at the ready to speak with you. Please reach out to Krystal at (850)-350-7858 or krystal.bowdry@homes.com. If there's anything more we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Please save your money. In three months so far I have gotten two consumers to click on the ad. One was a renter so I was just told I should really only have one click. SAVE YOUR MONEY! I cancel early and pay the rest of my contract, stay through the end of my contract or let them continue to scam me. The first person there who I emailed that I wanted to cancel did not inform me that I needed to use a certain email to do that and in fact never responded back to me.

Homes.com response

Shannon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your success is our top priority; we're sorry that it appears this has not been your experience so far. As we noted on the other review site, it looks like you've already spoken with our Client Success team, but please let us know if you have any additional concerns that we can help to address. We are happy to assist you.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have been a Realtor for 16+ years and Homes.com has been the worst lead generating company that I have ever worked with by far!! The quality and quantity of the leads has been very poor and not at all what I was hoping for from the company. I strongly suggest that you do not sign a 6y month contract with this company.

Homes.com response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your success is our top priority; sadly, it appears that this has not been your experience so far. We'd love to reach out and address your concerns, but we can’t locate your account with the information provided. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, or you can reach out to our Support team anytime at (866) 774-2947 for resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Worst lead service ever I didn't receive not 1 closing through any of the leads sent to me in the 6 months I was under contract with them. Homes.com will not let you out of your contract under any circumstances because they are aware of how bad their leads are so they would rather keep your money. I did Realtor.com for 2 months. I was unsatisfied so they let me out of my contract. I actually thought that Homes.com would be better than Zillow.com and boy was I wrong. At least with Zillow.com I averaged 2-3 closings per month.

I tried to cancel my account via email on 9/3/19 and have left many voice messages since and no one calls you back. Finally for the second time calling today I spoke to someone who will cancel my contract effective this month but of course I get no refund even though I emailed a cancellation effective 9/3/19 because my team leader was out on medical leave so they were unaware of my request to cancel. WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY!!! BBB WILL BE GETTING A COMPLAINT FROM YOURS TRULY!!!

Homes.com response

Shameka, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We want our agents to have a stellar experience with us, and we are sorry to hear this has not been the case. It looks like a member of our support team is already working with you toward a solution, but if you have any additional concerns please let us know. We are happy to help!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I signed with Homes.com on Friday August 23rd 2019. No contract was sent to me to read. I refer them to another co-broker who signed with them, so I actually gave them more business. WHAT A MISTAKE. I was told over the phone that I could cancel within 30 days. No one was available to do the first walkthrough on a timely manner with me and I wasn’t able to use the account since I had trouble logging in. The system didn't recognize my phone, which is the first thing you need to make sure is working in order to receive leads. And NO ONE from customer service was able to help me out.

I decided to cancel the account on the 3rd business day on Tuesday August 27th, 2019. I was charged $208.67 for that month even though I canceled on the 3rd day! I sent multiple emails to cancel and I have proof of all of them. No answer from Homes.com. Today, November 7th, 2019 I received a phone call from Caine & Weiner, a COLLECTION Agency to "collect the rest" or "Settle" with me, for an account that I canceled on the 3rd business day. I have perfect credit and Homes.com will mess up my credit just because I cancel my contract on the 3rd business day.

Beware of Homes.com, have awful reviews and unfortunately I didn’t do my homework to check them up online. Do not rely on what they say to you over the phone, they are lying. Read the fine print first. I'll be reaching out to my broker, who on our last event, let them have a booth when this company is not reliable at all. DO NOT SIGN WITH HOMES.COM. Consuelo **

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Consuelo. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like a supervisor has reached out to give clarification, and provided their contact information for you to reach them at your convenience. As of this review, it appears they have not heard from you but they are at the ready to assist your concerns. You can reach out to our Support team anytime at (866) 774-2947 for resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Well to start I was told my billing was 124 a month and my charge was 300 something so that's ridiculous. Then of the 6 leads I got in 6 months ... I'm still working with one lady who's not qualified. Her credit was horrible. Concierge never worked as promised. They called back the person 3 times, didn't connect and gave up. I can do that for free. Three of the people who called were calling on leads that were already pending. One person called for their term for a market analysis and it wasn't even their home. It was a pending listing. Very very bad. One individual tried to help, he was very nice with an excellent personality but what had to happen was a cancellation and refund.

They do not deliver. I might as well have thrown hundred dollar bills in the street. Total waste. I only went with them because they were endorsed by my MLS, the MLS service has heard about it. Has completely soured me on any lead generation company. They talk a good game with a great presentation but they don't deliver. Should have known I was being held hostage. If a company doesn't stand behind their services and just wants to take your money that's all they're going to do... take your money.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your experience hasn't met expectations! It looks like you've already connected with a specialist in our office regarding a resolution. If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I signed on for 3 months and was told I could cancel within 30 days if I wasn't happy. I was also told an account rep would contact me to help make sure my profile was set up. I never received the phone call and actually haven't heard a thing since I paid them 2.5 weeks ago. As such, I called to cancel and they told me it's not true that you can cancel within 30 days if you're not satisfied, and if I want to terminate that I have to pay their early termination fee, which is equal to two months' worth of fees.

I assured him that I was told I could cancel and he did not agree to it, so I told him that I would deal with this another way and hung up. NOTE: He never offered to listen to the phone recording, or anything like that (I'm sure they record conversations for training and dispute resolution). He promptly sent me an email indicating that I would be charged an early termination fee if I cancel now. They're taking advantage of Realtors and getting away with it. Well, just like Realtors, there are good lead gen sites and bad lead gen sites. I like to do my business on the good side, so I just paid their biggest competitor and called my credit card company to deny any future charges to Homes.com. Aw shucks, I guess that means I can't use your crappy service going forward.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Jody. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience, and would like to assist. we've forwarded your concerns to our support team, and they will be reaching out to you shortly. Should you have any additional feedback, don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2019

Finally, Alfredo from Homes.com response my concerns and hopefully they will be solved.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I was offer a Local Expert to zip code 33178, they said that there were only 3 agents per zip code, that is not true, also they offer my advertise to be show every time someone type that zip code, that is a lie. I have call many times amd every time I get a different person with a different explanation, I have try to reach the sale person but she doesn't return my calls or emails, her name is Allison.. This company is getting clients by lying to us.. I need help to CANCEL my contract.. Don't even think on buying from this people.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Mariaelisa. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It appears that you have sent us a follow-up that you have been in contact with a specialist in our office regarding a resolution. If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I signed up at realtors tech fair and advised the salesman I would try it for 3 months but not to start until I get back from my real estate conference. I just returned and they called to set up my training and it was a completely different from what I was told. They will not let me cancel and will still charge me for 6 months not 3 months that I was told.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Marianne. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please reach out to Customer Support at 866-774-2947.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

It doesn't worth the money you pay. The leads are very few. 1 per month and typically are people looking for rent, or that is just looking at the area. Don't waste your time, and you can't cancel before six months.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Fernando. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We've forwarded your concerns to our management team, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you with your concerns. In the meantime, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs