Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.10/5

Homes.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I don't believe I have ever reviewed any type of Company in my life, but Real Estate Professionals need to know what a Scam Home.com is. The Sales people with homes.com are misleading, and results will be non-existent. Was promised on the phone a set amount for 3 months and if we were not happy could cancel. They made multiple charges to our account that ended up more than 3 times what was promised by the sales person. Also they do not make it easy to cancel, by passing you to the next agent and sitting on hold or wanting to call you back. Even after cancelling they continued to charge my account. I have to contact my bank to stop payment on recurring charges. Also our company agent was promised to be a featured agent, and was initially, but later the agent was removed for another agent from another company. Homes.com is the worst I have ever seen in all of my years in Real Estate.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Trent. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. I've forwarded your concerns to our Director of Customer Care, but we don't have enough identifying information from this review to locate your account. Please send us a private message with your contact information and Krystal will reach out to you right away. Should you have any additional concerns, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I can't think of a time that I've ever negatively reviewed a person or company. But I feel the public and other professionals need to know that Homes.com is a scam. I am a 20+ year veteran of real estate and have never experienced the lack of results from a paid marketing program like I did with Homes.com. I believed the garbage that was promised to me and should have followed my gut when the salesperson insisted on talking on the phone instead of replying to simple questions via email.

The few "leads" we got were bogus leads which my staff believes were fake leads that Homes.com made up... to give me the impression they were generating legit ones. Bad phone numbers, bounced/erroneous emails with no responses, etc. When I canceled before my renewal, they charged me for another 3 months of charges and refused to refund it when I brought it to their attention. Don't fall for the pitch that Homes.com gives you. It's not worth it, no matter what they say. They are a SCAM.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Darrell. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. We've forwarded your concerns to management, but should you need additional assistance please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I signed up for 6 months with 2 zip codes. A total of 7 leads...7 in 6 months! The quality of leads are poor at best. The consumer believes they are being connected to listing agent. Homes.com does not clarify that in fact, that's not the case. Of course, this led to buyers being upset. When I initially signed up, I asked for assurances that my account will not be renewed after the 6 months. I was told it would not be. This does not appear to be the case.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Julie. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. It looks like our Client Success team has already spoken with you regarding these concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Mislead from day one Showed me this great "demo" of how I could appear on their website, promised great leads...I called in to express my displeasure after a month with no leads. A manager offered to waive my last payments and add PROMISING zipcodes. I agreed - today that charged me for that last payment. When I called they amazingly have NO record of anyone ever telling me that even when I gave them the name of the manager who made the deal. DON'T GET SCAMMED!!!!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Lisa. I'm sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far and have forwarded your concerns to our management team. If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Their products do not produce results. They say they produce a certain number of leads a month, but when they produce no leads they do not stand by their product. They convinced me to try one more month. They stuck me with an extra month when I cancelled.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, David. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We've forwarded your concerns to our management team and they should be reaching out to you shortly. Should you need additional assistance, please let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I tried this service thinking it would help my business and when I signed up I wanted to cancel and they said I was locked into a Six-month contract. Couldn’t cancel until my six months was up. I even asked to freeze the account. I had some other financial obligations that I had to take care of. They have screwed me big time and I will tell everyone NOT to fall for one of the biggest scams in the industry... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! I have one more month I have to pay and I have gotten a total of 3 leads... They are 3 biggest nonresponsive leads that I have ever worked. I think they just have people make up names and then send them out.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Nancy. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our service team has spoken with you already, but if you have any additional concerns please let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

*TO ALL* Firstly, I have never written a review on the internet... Positive or negative. However, I feel an obligation to warn fellow agents about this company. I will also be contacting my coworkers/contacts/anyone that will listen in Atlanta to let them know Homes.com is ignorant in our market, will do anything to make a deal, and despite lauding their customer service and client support lines, I was treated disrespectfully, judgmentally, and left with no options moving forward. Please don't waste your money or your time. I wish I hadn't!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Ashley. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We've forwarded your concerns to management and, if they haven't already, they will be reaching out to you shortly. Should you have any other concerns or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Please don't use this website to get leads. You will spend tons of money and get none. I've been using Homes.com for about five months and haven't received one lead. I've been trying to cancel for over three weeks now and haven't been able to get a person on the phone in the cancellation department. I've left messages and also have e-mailed numerous times. Please do yourself a favor and DON'T USE THEM. THEY WILL ROB YOU!!!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Danielle. We're sorry to hear your experience with us has been less than satisfactory. It looks like you've already spoken to our Client Success team, but should you need any additional assistance please let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I signed up to try for six months and tried to cancel and they said it auto renews and it was in small print in 6 page contract! Never got anything but bogus leads. AWFUL. I signed up in August and called today to cancel and they are argumentative and stall in any way they can to keep you paying for nothing. NEVER DELIVERED AS PROMISED. NO L

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

We are new agents and sadly fell for their scam of providing exclusive leads to us in our chosen area. The phone leads we have received are from utility companies trying to contact someone else, and an attorney's office looking for someone else. The one listing lead we received in July 2019 had been expired since February 2019. So this looked like a bait and switch to the one solid lead we had ever received and which of course we lost due to their dishonest promise that their website is constantly updated and will not show properties not on the market. They made assurances, promises which all turned out to be lies. They will not respond to emails or phone calls and continue to charge our card when we have demanded they stop. NEW AGENTS STAY AWAY FROM HOMES.COM!!!!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Janet. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. We'd love to assist you with your concerns, but cannot locate your account with the information provided. Please contact Key Account Manager Mat Neff at your earliest convenience. You can reach him via phone or email. If there are any other concerns we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs