2.46/5
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratings

35 Homes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I tried Homes.com back in 2012 the results were ok. I signed up with Homes.com in December 2018 after a rep called me with an open spot in my sales territory. Hesitant at first, the rep guided me through all the changes that have been made and I was blown away. To make a long story short I invested $202/month in the first 4 months I was able to convert 4 leads to transactions! My ROI is through the roof.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

They had called me for years to get me to use their service. I finally bought space in 2 cities/zip codes and was told I would get a total of 20,000 impressions per month between the two and the 3-month rolling average showed I could expect 50-75 live phone call transfers per month. It was an immediate disappointment. After 3 months I got less than 10% of contracted impressions and a TOTAL of 1 lead! I canceled my advertising for breach of contract because they did not fulfill their end of the contract.

I filed a dispute with my bank and WON and thought it was done. Then I got a collection notice from them and then they had the nerve to hire a lawyer to sue me!!! Unbelievable. I spend over $10k a month on various advertising so the money was not the issue but the lack of accountability on their end was a huge problem for me. If they do not fix this I will forward to going to court and showing the long list of horrible reviews they have as evidence. They are pure scam artists who are liars that are STEALING money!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sam. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our team made an attempt to assist with the initial issue, but should you have other concerns please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 13, 2019

I made a HUGE mistake of signing a 6 month contract for leads. The leads were trash, however I had a 6 month contract, and I understood I was out of luck until the 6 months was over. I sent the cancellation email three months before the end of the contract. I made 3 follow up calls to confirm I would not be charged after the 6 month contract was over. I continued to be charged for TWO ADDITIONAL MONTHS after the contract ended. Calls to "customer support" were useless. I have filed a BBB complaint, and I recommend everyone here who is scammed by this company do the same.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sarah. We're sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our team has been in communication with you via other channels, but should you need any further assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2019

This company charged me $279 per month and I received no leads. I tried to cancel because of this, except they said I signed a contract. They know this is true because I see many others with the same experience. They promised my picture and info would show up on the zip codes mentioned so I decided to check it out more than once and nothing! Ugh.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Michele. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We'd like to reach out and assist you, but are unable to with the information provided. Please send us a direct message with your information at your earliest convenience, we are here to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 4, 2019

Absolutely Horrible! I canceled the one contract I had many times in 2018. They continued to charge my card even after cancellation not only the original amount, but they took the original amount twice a month. I continued to call and cancel. I had many agents say my account had been canceled and everything was good. My bank collected the money they had taken from account and I stopped all cards they had on file. They proceeded to send a letter saying I was sent to collections. They want to settle by me paying an absurd amount (half of what they were trying to say I owed).

I have never received a seller or buyer or even a lead from Homes.com. They even said the contract I signed was signed from an email I didn't even have access to at the time. We get a free profile through our real estate association. I asked what they did for me even if I had signed a contract. No answer was given. I have been dealing with Matt **. If you receive a phone call or email from this company it is in your best interest to never respond and never give your financial information to this company. Worst experience I have ever had.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Anna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our service team has already been in communication with you, but should you need further assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 1, 2019

I paid this people and did not received a single leads. All this service is a joke. They offered me a concierge service, when you call, the answering system is so poor, no customer service, and you get a voicemail. I cancelled that worthless concierge but they failed to update the phone number. I paid 2 month worth of advertisement and the whole time, it was displaying a wrong number. They are refusing to refund me although the service was never rendered. Do yourself a service, DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM. They will never answer the phone after getting your payment.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Mel. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success team was able to provide some solutions for you, but should you need additional assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I signed up for this company at the NAR convention in Boston. Homes.Com promised me to provide leads for real estate transactions and from the date I started paying them the amount of 306 dollars monthly and at this moment I DID not received not even one real lead from them, but they collected the money from my account, at least for the first 3 months. After months, when I told them that I was thinking to cancel their services because I didn't get no even one lead, they added some free zip codes. All of the sudden I got the only lead. I called and nobody picked up the phone. Part of the service that they promised was an unlimited concierge service that would call all the leads right away to "pre-qualified" them. That concierge service took more than a week to call this only "lead". Devon apologized for the error few weeks after, when they needed the next payment.

After 3 months that I saw no results I decided it to cancel this contract with them, but now they say that I have to pay them for the six months. I told them that I am not going to pay them anymore and also they should return my money back since they not provide what they offered. Of course, they cancel all my free stuff because my intention of cancelling. I checked in ConsumerAffairs and other complaint websites and realized how many complains exactly like mine. I tried to reach many people and they all have the same issue, no real leads. This company is a scam. I am reaching out not to them anymore but to NAR, to make them aware, also labor, where they told me that if more agents have the same issue we can do an class action lawsuit and of course an attorney. Please if this is happening to you also, complain to NAR.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Daniela. We're sorry your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like you're already in communication with Devon from Client Success, so we encourage you to continue the conversation with him. In the meantime, should you need additional assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I am paying $75 per month and they put me into a pool of 214 real estate agents in that one zip code. So far (2 months) not one single contact point. They say it is like a billboard and they can not guarantee leads. But for this kind of exposure I'd be better off throwing business cards out the window as I go down the interstate.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, David. We're sorry that your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far, but we'd like to connect with you to provide assistance. Please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience. She's at the ready to help, so please let us know if you have any issues contacting her.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Don't sign up for this. I figured I'd give it a go without reading reviews. Big mistake. I was put in 3 zip codes for a little over $50/month. I figured it wasn't a whole lot to spend on leads so even if I closed one deal I'd have a pretty good ROI. For the first 3 months I got zero leads. When I called to cancel, they held me to the 6 month contract, but because I complained they gave me 3 more zip codes. I ended up getting 3 total leads for the remaining 3 months. One guy asked how I got his number and he had never heard of the site. Another guy already had a realtor and wasn't interested in my help, in fact he was looking for a friend. The third lead never answered. I don't even know how this company is still a thing. Horrible experience as a realtor. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Homes.com has inaccurate information on my home. My sales price is not correct and the pictures are not correct. I have called several times to have it corrected and I am told it will be corrected in 24 hours. My agent has also called several times and he is told 24 hours as well, it have been 3 weeks now. Today when I called I was told it will be updated during their next Global Update, but they are not able to tell me when that is. They also tried to say it was a problem with the MLS listing... Very strange because every other site like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com all had the correct information within minutes of changes. I feel this could cost me the sale of my home if the information is not correct.

Homes.com response

Michael, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, is at the ready to assist you, but needs some additional information to offer you precise help.Please contact her at your earliest convenience with your contact information and property address that is of topic, and let us know if you have any trouble reaching her. We are here to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We wish we could leave a negative star review with this company. We should've, like so many before us, done our research. We were paying over $600 a month for almost nothing. We wanted to drop our plan down to the more basic version for only $50. They said they couldn't do it because of a contract. No contract was ever agreed to or signed. We sent in a letter of cancellation and they still proceeded to bill us for $600+ a month which we refused. We had to destroy the card that was being billed just to end the payments. We called again to see where to send the $50 to make payment by check. They informed us that we still owed over $700. Apparently, the contract we never signed or received proof of was automatically renewed without our knowing.

Also, in the many phone calls we made we were never informed that you had to cancel 30 days before the end of the contract. Mind you, this has been going on, with us calling every week, since October. It's now the end of January. This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Customer service is more than unhelpful and will rarely return calls. We are more than thoroughly disappointed, disgruntled, and outraged. Avoid this company at all costs. They're a complete waste of time and money. Homes.com is a scam and should be reported to the IRS, and whomever else for fraud. Worst wishes from the Sun Real Estate.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sun. We're sorry that your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory, but we'd like to connect with you to offer our assistance. Please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal, at your earliest convenience and please let us know if you have any issues reaching her.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was called tirelessly from them and was told they have a one time slot open that will not be available on a different day. I should’ve known it sounded too good to be true but I signed up because I was told I could cancel any time. I pay and sign up on December 13, but the ads do not show up on their site for a week. I call them and they fix it. A month and zero contacts later, I decide to cancel. They transfer me to my rep who does not answer. They then tell me to email to their cancellation department and someone will call me back.

A week after that, I call again and make another appointment. I put in the cancellation request on January 22. Today is January 29 and when my rep finally calls to address my concerns, she tells me that I am locked in a 6 month contract. I explain to her that I was duped and if she could make an exception for me. She said I could pay a $250 cancellation fee. I plead with her again to help me out and she says I don’t have to pay the $250 fee, but it will go to collections. I will never trust a telemarketer ever again.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Johnny. We’re sorry your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory. It looks like our client success team has touched base with you to figure out a solution, but if you need further assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was contacted by this company to give their services a try. As a new agents I decided to go for it and I now regret it. Two months in and not one credible lead. Real estate has become a financial hardship on me so I decided to put my license in inactive status until I can fully commit financially. I emailed Homes.com to cancel my subscription and a week later I got a call from a rep. I explained my situation and the rep told me I was responsible for 6 months and if I didn’t pay it, they’d take me to court and garnish my paycheck. I WOULD NOT recommend advertising with this company.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, KT. We are sorry your experience has been unsatisfactory. We want to help, but can't seem to locate you in our system based on the information provided. Would you kindly send us a detailed message so we can connect you to the appropriate person? Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

***NEVER GIVE HOMES.COM YOUR CREDIT CARD*** I agreed to try their marketing lead generation for 6 months. Paid in full at the beginning. I was promised it was a 6 month obligation, no more. I spoke with the sales person about 45 days before it expired, he asked me to buy more zip codes. I said no, it was not working and I was not going to renew for another 6 months. BAM, they charged me another $1,097 on Jan. 9th, 2019 to my credit card. After much arguing back an forth all day, they told me I was out of luck and it automatically renewed and they WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY!!!! This is plain and simple theft. After reading other reviews it sounds like this fraudulent behavior is their business model. I think I am one of hundreds this happens to every year. Please don't make the same mistake I did. In 6 months I have now wasted/lost $2,194.20. Costly bad decision on my part.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sandy. We're so sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our various service teams have reached out in hopes of finding a resolution, but please send us a direct message if there are any other concerns you'd like us to address. We are here to help!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased leads for 6 months in several zip codes. Platform never worked right. Complained to customer service department numerous times and received hollow excuses and promises of better services. Talked to customer service rep in September who assured me that the account would be cancelled at the 6 month mark as per contract. Surprise... Billed again this month. When I called to inquire, then I was told it had to be in writing. Seems strange that the customer service rep had the day and time of the call, the transcripts of dissatisfaction that I wanted to cancel upon contract maturity... but that does not constitute "in writing". Not one productive lead in 6 months... But if I stay and continue to pay... they will make it better. Ummm. NOT. Beware of this company and their tactics.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Simple enough - SCAM. Lies, no leads, I didn't even show up in their advertising. Customer service rep doesn't respond. Managed finally to get to this Alfredo ** who issued a one month refund for the fraudulent service and said I was canceled, but now they are charging me again. Fraud.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Barbara. We are sorry to hear your experience with Homes.com has been unsatisfactory thus far. There appears to be some confusion regarding your charges; Alfredo and Xanthus will be reaching out to you today to help clarify. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns after that conversation.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

WOULD NEVER USE AGAIN!!! As a realtor I was contacted by Homes.com to advertise on the zip code where I live. It was to be a 6-month commitment for $177.88 a month. Seemed pricey but I thought I would give it a try since it was for only 6 months. I received 1 lead for my $1067.28 investment. The best is that they keep charging you after your 6-month commitment is finished. I called their customer support who said that I had to call and cancel to stop my 6-month subscription. I would never recommend this company ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

As a real estate agent I advertised for 1 year with Homes.com. I received 4 leads over this time period. As another review mentioned the customer support is poor and is hard to get in contact with once you sign a contract. Once I started to request my account be cancelled, it took over 2 months to get a confirmation that my account has been stopped. They charged at least 1 extra billing cycle than what was necessary during this time of no one responding as I was emailing and calling 3 differed reps at Homes.com. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH HOMES.COM IF YOU ARE A REAL ESTATE AGENT.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

If you are a realtor looking for a place to advertise, go anywhere but Homes.com, they are the worst. They bill you for a minimum of 6 months, provide no service to review "leads" (like an app), and you will essentially get no customer service or response once you sign their contract. All they want is your money, they do not seem remotely interested in keeping repeat customers. Do yourself a huge favor and do not sign up with these crooks.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I really enjoyed the clean and sleek layout. It was easy to get around and find what I needed. The pictures were high definition, and I didn't feel like advertisements were being shoved down my throat. However, the site overall didn't have very many animations, something that I enjoy while looking about. If you could add animations as you roll over the categories at the top of the screen I think that will help the appearance of the website.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Easy to use website and easy to create an account and navigate through. You can select from all different options to get exactly what you need or looking for. It is self-explanatory and all options run across the top page with pull-down menus. They have a lot of good features and calculators you can use.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

To navigate Homes.com it would be best to open an account which is very free and easy, after you register you can search for homes by city state price or type such as buying or renting. When you see a home that interests you you can contact the property manager through the site about an inquiry and if you aren't sure about the home you can add it to your list of favorites to visit at a later date and or compare with others.

Homes.com has a very nice layout and was fairly easy to navigate. But it didn't have all the features that I wanted in a real estate search site. It should also incorporate better search features into their site. For example you should be allowed to search from highest to lowest prices and also the search parameters should be less broad you should be able to search in a closer range. The site was also a little buggy. But it wasn't a bad experience and I would use it again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

It's easy to navigate. The homes are verified to avoid fraud or scams and it has local listings for convenience. I also like the layout and the colors. But maybe they could include a larger selection of lower prices on homes and info such as the requirements for moving into the properties. On the other hand, I used this site to research areas to live, and for mortgage information. If you need a site with a large variety of properties, this is it. It is better than the other sites in its category.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Homes.com is a great website. I really enjoy the ease of navigation on the website because it helps me find what I'm looking for quickly. This site is kind of slow though every time I try to connect to it, so it does lag a little. Also, sometimes older photos are used on some of the properties, so it's not being up to date. But overall I think it's great. Create an account and start searching. It's super simple to use.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have found a great website and excellent resources for finding the perfect home and the right mortgage rate. The website of Homes.com is easy to use, has a great variety of homes and rates are good. I have found a few homes I am interested in, that I am in the process of checking out. But I think that if more pictures were included with each property it would be one way to improve the website. I also believe that a wider range of properties across the country would be very helpful for many families in their search for the perfect property for them. But I would recommend Homes.com.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Many homes are only listed there. The search can be narrowed, but it is not the easiest to do. Zip codes search is usually way too wide, and it is sometimes difficult to narrow. You can look at the site but still need a realtor to help you get access and walk you through the process, and help you with the details, like writing the contract and deciding on financing. Also, listings are sometimes out of date, off the market, or no longer for sale. Such a waste of time. Most homes do not have good pictures, or the pictures do not accurately reflect the homes.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I liked how easy it is to list homes for sale on the site and they offer a competitive rate. I also like how Homes.com has a large selection of homes to look for to buy. You would go to the site and then select the ZIP code you're looking for or city. Then you can narrow it down by size and cost then you get a listing of homes nearby that are for sale that meet that criteria. You can filter out many different factors such as neighborhood and surround area to find the perfect area to live in, but the search results that come back are a bit scatter shot. They aren't organized too well so you have to hunt for the exact home you're looking for. Plus, there aren't many advice options for selling a home on the site.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It was good as could be expected. I have the ability to detail what I want as far as how many bedrooms, bathrooms even amenities that I am considering and not have any surprises after you get to the house and see it in person. Prevents a waste of time that I don't have to waste. I found a few homes but to tell the truth they didn't have what I'm really looking for. I want something custom built. I know now so I'd like to see land for sale on these sites.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have been using homes.com and I like that the homes.com site is easy to use and understand. Also there is different options for whatever I might be looking for in a home, able to put my home search into detail. I like that I can have help with finding what I am looking for by setting up text and email options. Homes.com would be my first choice. Very easy to understand and have access to hundreds of homes in whatever area you like, and get updates by text and email allows you to still search while doing your daily tasks.

It's so convenient for someone who is busy. It's also so easy to place a home for sale, about or then again as easy as typing in information in the search for a home. And if you desire that you would like to placing your home for sale it is just as easy as if you were to search for a home on homes.com. It's a great site. They must be helping lots of people find great homes with the price range options. Right now we are looking to find a home that is for sale by owner to possible save some money, so homes.com was one of my first choices to help aid me in finding.my first home. So far I find it very easy to use and understand this site. Lots of other sites ask you to pay a fee to get more info on the homes your looking at. Not this site. That's one reason why I like it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Mediocre yet enjoyable. When searching on Homes.com for a home the process is relatively easy. You do not have to create an account to search for listings but the selection of homes you are searching for usually need a lot of home improvements. Even the homes in the more affluent areas. I enjoy home improvement projects so browsing for homes on this site are enjoyable for me. I would give the site more full site features. The current mobile site looks a little dated. Because of this serious buyers will most likely search other home sites. Also, there needs to be more newer and more classical homes that do not need improvements.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs