2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

Homes.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I signed up for 1 year and paid in advance and was very dissatisfied with the # of leads based on what I was promised. I was pretty vocal about my dissatisfaction but on my anniversary date they automatically signed me up again for a full year. I requested a cancellation 4 days after I saw the money pulled from my account. It has now been 2 months and not gotten a single lead and all I get is the runaround and they have never refunded my money.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Do not sign up.... do not fall for their promises of "great opportunities". No one is looking for homes on homes.com. I signed up to 3 zip codes. ZERO leads from one zip code after a month. ONE fake lead from each other zip code and several investors enquiring about real estate agents contact information.. NOTHING real. I get texts from investors on a weekly basis and don't need to pay to find people who want cheap deals and fixer uppers. Homes.com is unknown to real consumers. They take advantage of agents.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Be aware of Homes.com. I signed up 6 months contract to purchase leads. I hardly got any good leads so have requested them to cancel the contract. They made me on hold for hours. Then they told me to punch numbers in so they can call me back. They never called me back. I submitted a cancellation request via online. Then they keep charging me monthly. They automatically renewed my account for another 6 months. I called them 3 times today. They transferred me to the cancellation department again and did nothing to help me. I wish there is a negative 1 start so I could rate them. I regret to give them 1 star services. Please do not ever buy lead from them. It is just the money you throw it into an ocean. I do not know why this company event exists.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I signed up with them for lead generation in my specified zip codes. The sign up process was smooth and they were very responsive and gave an attractive package to try for 3 months. So I agreed to commit for 3 months. Needless to say that they never delivered There is no way to cancel the account. Sent emails to them. No response. Called their cancellation department and they have a recording that says due to high volume they will call back. Still no luck after several attempts. Worse still my credit card cannot stop payments. Trying to lodge complaint with BBB.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I gave this company a shot, and when I was dissatisfied and asked for a refund, the company went silent. I received one call from a person in the cancellation department, and I shared what my issue was with the leads. He said he would call back, left me a VM, and I have been trying to reach him ever since. They have listings from agents in other places, but those listings are not in my MLS, nor in REALTOR.com, or in ZILLOW. Getting a hold of those so called agents to be able to schedule showings or get information on the property is impossible because the numbers there are to an answering service where I get the run around.

I asked Homes.com for a refund by email, chat, phone, and no one can just cancel this. I have been requesting a cancellation since August 8, and I just got billed on August 29th. This is by far the worst company. I have used Zillow.com and Realtor.com and I never had this issue. This company is simply dishonest and untrustworthy.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Jelitza. We're so sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't met the mark thus far. Since your review, it looks like you've spoken with our Client Success Team and were given additional advertising to help mitigate your concerns. If there is anything more we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are happy to assist!

Original review: July 22, 2020

Be aware of Homes.com! They don’t check their leads and trick you to another contract term before you know it. They promised authorized leads, most of leads I got were for mobile homes that I am not authorize to sell anyway and other part were contacts that never answer calls or emails or had invalid phone numbers. Unspeakable!!!! No wonder their cancellation department is so busy they don't even answer calls! When I cancelled I thought that is it, but they still charge you for another term. I’ve been buying leads. I was never told that it will go on another three months term. It's unspeakable!!!! I’ve been buying leads from many companies, you are the worst! I will make sure to spread the word among other naïve realtors like me! Stay away from Homes.com, they are scammers! It's too bad I did not read reviews before I subscribed!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Luda. We are sorry to hear your experience was us has not met expectations. It looks like our Client Success team has attempted to reach you, but has been unsuccessful. We'd like to offer our assistance, so when it's convenient for you, please reach out to us at 866-774-2947. If there's anything more we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I was contacted by a sales rep from Homes.com who spoke a very good "talk". I was told that my area was hot right now and I would be receiving a huge number of leads each month. I excitedly signed up for a 3 month contract and was sadly disappointed to find out that at the end of 30 days I had only received 2 dead-end leads who never responded to me. I refused to pay for the additional 2 months left on my contract because $200 for 2 leads is INSANE! I was told they would be sending me to collections! This company is a complete FRAUD. Do Not Waste Your Time or Money.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Christi. We're so sorry to hear you didn't have a stellar experience with us. We'd like to assist you with your concerns, however, we can't narrow down your account with the information provided. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Support team at (866)-774-2947, or support@homes.com. If there's anything more we can assist you with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Have experienced flat out fraud from Homes.com. I signed up for one of their lead services. After complaining that I hadn’t received any leads for three months I asked to cancel the service since I was out of my contract term. They said they would cancel but they continued to bill my credit card. Had to place a stop payment on my credit card with AMERICAN EXPRESS only to have homes.com then send me to “collections”. Total nightmare dealing with this company. To make things worse Homes.com was hiring third-party call companies to call me through their lead service and pretend to be buyers to fill their quota. We use Chime CRM and record all of our calls. I had to go back and listen to the call from my team member to even believe it. We are now contacting the California Attorney General to escalate things on our fraud case.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I am an active real estate agent and got talked into signing up for Homes.com's "Local Connect" services. I was bilked almost $900 over 3 months, for nothing. Don't waste your money here. And their "customer service" is a total joke. They do not return emails and you can't reach anyone by phone. How is that for "service"? Zero value for my $900. I am not afraid to spend money if it generates business. This was a complete waste.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Steve. We're sorry to hear your frustrations, and would like to connect with you regarding your concerns. However, we can't seem to locate your specific account with the details provided. When it's convenient for you, would you mind sending a private message with your direct contact information so we can provide timely assistance?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I was told I was paying for Homes.com leads. I only received 2 leads from homes.com the other so called leads were people looking at homes not for homes. This is what it stated on the lead when received. (This consumer requested information from a real estate website, though not necessarily Homes.com. They are interested in the following property or area. Please contact the consumer for more information.) Majority of what I received came from other sites, and they were just looking. I signed a contract for homes.com leads.

I had a payment left to pay, but due to the COVID 19 and the state in a shutdown and not receiving any leads from homes.com that were worth anything. I told the the payment center I could not pay at this time and thought I was being put on hold. Instead, homes.com turned me into collections during this tragic time. Homes.com is more concerned about money than health and life and they a very deceiving with what you are paying for. You are paying for people looking at homes not for homes. When I signed a contract, I signed to purchase leads from homes.com, but that is not what I received. They will do whatever it takes to get their money, but they could care less if you make money.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't met expectations, and I understand your frustration. I spoke with our team today and it looks like they reached out to you not long ago regarding your concerns. I hope this was a fruitful conversation and that you feel taken care of. If that's not the case, or you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm happy to help!

Homes.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team