2.31/5

39 Homes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

I signed up for 6 months to receive leads for a particular zip code but it has been 4 months and I have not received any leads yet. Before signing they estimated that I should receive around 30 leads per month. This program is a scam. I tried to cancel the contract but there's no way out. I'm still paying them for nothing. This system does not work. Go somewhere else.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Alejandro. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We were unable to verify your account with the information provided, but the Service team has been alerted to your concerns and is ready to assist you. Please contact Kyle Beasley he will be happy to discuss how we can reach an amiable resolution. Should you have any further concerns, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ridiculous. I am a Remax agent and I already have a website through them but I signed up for paid leads months ago and I have received one lead. I am now trying to cancel. This is a terrible service. I will never sign up for a service like this again.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Our company tried HOMES.com a few years ago. We were sold a site that was supposed to be a "Brokerage Site". A few months later Homes.com told us the site had to be an Agent site which we did not want/need so we canceled. Note: they never put up the site although took our money. In 2018 a salesman came to our office selling us on how HOMES.com has changed and that we will not be disappointed! Well we were. They sold us again a Brokerage site and a concierge on 11/2018. Fast forward to 02/28/18 and we were told that they would have to change us to an Agent site as the Broker site was not compatible with the IDX or concierge! We were also told IDX could go with the site and it cannot! (This is not what we ordered).

I told her to cancel (BTW-WEBSITE OR CONCIERGE NOT UP AND RUNNING). This March I sent several emails which I still have, after HOMES.com salespeople tried to get us to stay. After a lot of going back and forth, HOMES.com agreed to give us back an amount minus what they felt they should keep because we canceled the 1st time. HOMES.com deceivingly billed as a Setup Fee until we requested a refund. Only then did they tell us what it was for, what they considered past money owed to them! Fast forward as of today still no refund!

Broker/Agents BEWARE if you are thinking of doing business with this HOMES.com. Please rethink as we are out $ 772.00 for no Website, No Concierge, actually No anything for 5 months and I have still have no idea what a concierge is, as it was never truly documented. We gave them since 03/18/19 to refund our money before I posted this review and as of 04/09/2019. Don’t take our word for it. Please read their reviews. I wish I had prior to signing with them! Fed up.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Rickey. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. It looks like our service team was able to address your concerns and requests, but if you have any additional concerns please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: April 6, 2019

After a few mimosas at the realtor convention I was convinced I was receiving a steal of a deal marketing with Jomes.com. After failure to see any mention of me on their site after trying to purposely find it, I requested to cancel several times. 3/5 times I attempted to contact them I was completely ignored, no response or call back. The other times I was told that I had no choice due to the six month contract. Furthermore, they had entered my contact information incorrectly and somehow had me listed under my previous last name that I haven't used for years! Terrible, don't waste your money! If you are unsatisfied with a product, you should be allowed to cancel with 30 days notice!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sabrina. We're sorry to hear that your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success team has attempted to connect with you regarding your concerns, but has been unsuccessful. If there is anything we can do to assist, please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I tried Homes.com back in 2012 the results were ok. I signed up with Homes.com in December 2018 after a rep called me with an open spot in my sales territory. Hesitant at first, the rep guided me through all the changes that have been made and I was blown away. To make a long story short I invested $202/month in the first 4 months I was able to convert 4 leads to transactions! My ROI is through the roof.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: March 18, 2019

They had called me for years to get me to use their service. I finally bought space in 2 cities/zip codes and was told I would get a total of 20,000 impressions per month between the two and the 3-month rolling average showed I could expect 50-75 live phone call transfers per month. It was an immediate disappointment. After 3 months I got less than 10% of contracted impressions and a TOTAL of 1 lead! I canceled my advertising for breach of contract because they did not fulfill their end of the contract.

I filed a dispute with my bank and WON and thought it was done. Then I got a collection notice from them and then they had the nerve to hire a lawyer to sue me!!! Unbelievable. I spend over $10k a month on various advertising so the money was not the issue but the lack of accountability on their end was a huge problem for me. If they do not fix this I will forward to going to court and showing the long list of horrible reviews they have as evidence. They are pure scam artists who are liars that are STEALING money!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sam. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our team made an attempt to assist with the initial issue, but should you have other concerns please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I made a HUGE mistake of signing a 6 month contract for leads. The leads were trash, however I had a 6 month contract, and I understood I was out of luck until the 6 months was over. I sent the cancellation email three months before the end of the contract. I made 3 follow up calls to confirm I would not be charged after the 6 month contract was over. I continued to be charged for TWO ADDITIONAL MONTHS after the contract ended. Calls to "customer support" were useless. I have filed a BBB complaint, and I recommend everyone here who is scammed by this company do the same.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sarah. We're sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our team has been in communication with you via other channels, but should you need any further assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Original review: March 12, 2019

This company charged me $279 per month and I received no leads. I tried to cancel because of this, except they said I signed a contract. They know this is true because I see many others with the same experience. They promised my picture and info would show up on the zip codes mentioned so I decided to check it out more than once and nothing! Ugh.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Michele. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We'd like to reach out and assist you, but are unable to with the information provided. Please send us a direct message with your information at your earliest convenience, we are here to help.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Absolutely Horrible! I canceled the one contract I had many times in 2018. They continued to charge my card even after cancellation not only the original amount, but they took the original amount twice a month. I continued to call and cancel. I had many agents say my account had been canceled and everything was good. My bank collected the money they had taken from account and I stopped all cards they had on file. They proceeded to send a letter saying I was sent to collections. They want to settle by me paying an absurd amount (half of what they were trying to say I owed).

I have never received a seller or buyer or even a lead from Homes.com. They even said the contract I signed was signed from an email I didn't even have access to at the time. We get a free profile through our real estate association. I asked what they did for me even if I had signed a contract. No answer was given. I have been dealing with Matt **. If you receive a phone call or email from this company it is in your best interest to never respond and never give your financial information to this company. Worst experience I have ever had.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Anna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our service team has already been in communication with you, but should you need further assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I paid this people and did not received a single leads. All this service is a joke. They offered me a concierge service, when you call, the answering system is so poor, no customer service, and you get a voicemail. I cancelled that worthless concierge but they failed to update the phone number. I paid 2 month worth of advertisement and the whole time, it was displaying a wrong number. They are refusing to refund me although the service was never rendered. Do yourself a service, DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM. They will never answer the phone after getting your payment.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Mel. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success team was able to provide some solutions for you, but should you need additional assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I signed up for this company at the NAR convention in Boston. Homes.Com promised me to provide leads for real estate transactions and from the date I started paying them the amount of 306 dollars monthly and at this moment I DID not received not even one real lead from them, but they collected the money from my account, at least for the first 3 months. After months, when I told them that I was thinking to cancel their services because I didn't get no even one lead, they added some free zip codes. All of the sudden I got the only lead. I called and nobody picked up the phone. Part of the service that they promised was an unlimited concierge service that would call all the leads right away to "pre-qualified" them. That concierge service took more than a week to call this only "lead". Devon apologized for the error few weeks after, when they needed the next payment.

After 3 months that I saw no results I decided it to cancel this contract with them, but now they say that I have to pay them for the six months. I told them that I am not going to pay them anymore and also they should return my money back since they not provide what they offered. Of course, they cancel all my free stuff because my intention of cancelling. I checked in ConsumerAffairs and other complaint websites and realized how many complains exactly like mine. I tried to reach many people and they all have the same issue, no real leads. This company is a scam. I am reaching out not to them anymore but to NAR, to make them aware, also labor, where they told me that if more agents have the same issue we can do an class action lawsuit and of course an attorney. Please if this is happening to you also, complain to NAR.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Daniela. We're sorry your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like you're already in communication with Devon from Client Success, so we encourage you to continue the conversation with him. In the meantime, should you need additional assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I am paying $75 per month and they put me into a pool of 214 real estate agents in that one zip code. So far (2 months) not one single contact point. They say it is like a billboard and they can not guarantee leads. But for this kind of exposure I'd be better off throwing business cards out the window as I go down the interstate.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, David. We're sorry that your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far, but we'd like to connect with you to provide assistance. Please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience. She's at the ready to help, so please let us know if you have any issues contacting her.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Don't sign up for this. I figured I'd give it a go without reading reviews. Big mistake. I was put in 3 zip codes for a little over $50/month. I figured it wasn't a whole lot to spend on leads so even if I closed one deal I'd have a pretty good ROI. For the first 3 months I got zero leads. When I called to cancel, they held me to the 6 month contract, but because I complained they gave me 3 more zip codes. I ended up getting 3 total leads for the remaining 3 months. One guy asked how I got his number and he had never heard of the site. Another guy already had a realtor and wasn't interested in my help, in fact he was looking for a friend. The third lead never answered. I don't even know how this company is still a thing. Horrible experience as a realtor. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Homes.com has inaccurate information on my home. My sales price is not correct and the pictures are not correct. I have called several times to have it corrected and I am told it will be corrected in 24 hours. My agent has also called several times and he is told 24 hours as well, it have been 3 weeks now. Today when I called I was told it will be updated during their next Global Update, but they are not able to tell me when that is. They also tried to say it was a problem with the MLS listing... Very strange because every other site like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com all had the correct information within minutes of changes. I feel this could cost me the sale of my home if the information is not correct.

Homes.com response

Michael, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, is at the ready to assist you, but needs some additional information to offer you precise help.Please contact her at your earliest convenience with your contact information and property address that is of topic, and let us know if you have any trouble reaching her. We are here to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We wish we could leave a negative star review with this company. We should've, like so many before us, done our research. We were paying over $600 a month for almost nothing. We wanted to drop our plan down to the more basic version for only $50. They said they couldn't do it because of a contract. No contract was ever agreed to or signed. We sent in a letter of cancellation and they still proceeded to bill us for $600+ a month which we refused. We had to destroy the card that was being billed just to end the payments. We called again to see where to send the $50 to make payment by check. They informed us that we still owed over $700. Apparently, the contract we never signed or received proof of was automatically renewed without our knowing.

Also, in the many phone calls we made we were never informed that you had to cancel 30 days before the end of the contract. Mind you, this has been going on, with us calling every week, since October. It's now the end of January. This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Customer service is more than unhelpful and will rarely return calls. We are more than thoroughly disappointed, disgruntled, and outraged. Avoid this company at all costs. They're a complete waste of time and money. Homes.com is a scam and should be reported to the IRS, and whomever else for fraud. Worst wishes from the Sun Real Estate.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sun. We're sorry that your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory, but we'd like to connect with you to offer our assistance. Please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal, at your earliest convenience and please let us know if you have any issues reaching her.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was called tirelessly from them and was told they have a one time slot open that will not be available on a different day. I should’ve known it sounded too good to be true but I signed up because I was told I could cancel any time. I pay and sign up on December 13, but the ads do not show up on their site for a week. I call them and they fix it. A month and zero contacts later, I decide to cancel. They transfer me to my rep who does not answer. They then tell me to email to their cancellation department and someone will call me back.

A week after that, I call again and make another appointment. I put in the cancellation request on January 22. Today is January 29 and when my rep finally calls to address my concerns, she tells me that I am locked in a 6 month contract. I explain to her that I was duped and if she could make an exception for me. She said I could pay a $250 cancellation fee. I plead with her again to help me out and she says I don’t have to pay the $250 fee, but it will go to collections. I will never trust a telemarketer ever again.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Johnny. We’re sorry your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory. It looks like our client success team has touched base with you to figure out a solution, but if you need further assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was contacted by this company to give their services a try. As a new agents I decided to go for it and I now regret it. Two months in and not one credible lead. Real estate has become a financial hardship on me so I decided to put my license in inactive status until I can fully commit financially. I emailed Homes.com to cancel my subscription and a week later I got a call from a rep. I explained my situation and the rep told me I was responsible for 6 months and if I didn’t pay it, they’d take me to court and garnish my paycheck. I WOULD NOT recommend advertising with this company.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, KT. We are sorry your experience has been unsatisfactory. We want to help, but can't seem to locate you in our system based on the information provided. Would you kindly send us a detailed message so we can connect you to the appropriate person? Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

***NEVER GIVE HOMES.COM YOUR CREDIT CARD*** I agreed to try their marketing lead generation for 6 months. Paid in full at the beginning. I was promised it was a 6 month obligation, no more. I spoke with the sales person about 45 days before it expired, he asked me to buy more zip codes. I said no, it was not working and I was not going to renew for another 6 months. BAM, they charged me another $1,097 on Jan. 9th, 2019 to my credit card. After much arguing back an forth all day, they told me I was out of luck and it automatically renewed and they WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY!!!! This is plain and simple theft. After reading other reviews it sounds like this fraudulent behavior is their business model. I think I am one of hundreds this happens to every year. Please don't make the same mistake I did. In 6 months I have now wasted/lost $2,194.20. Costly bad decision on my part.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Sandy. We're so sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our various service teams have reached out in hopes of finding a resolution, but please send us a direct message if there are any other concerns you'd like us to address. We are here to help!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased leads for 6 months in several zip codes. Platform never worked right. Complained to customer service department numerous times and received hollow excuses and promises of better services. Talked to customer service rep in September who assured me that the account would be cancelled at the 6 month mark as per contract. Surprise... Billed again this month. When I called to inquire, then I was told it had to be in writing. Seems strange that the customer service rep had the day and time of the call, the transcripts of dissatisfaction that I wanted to cancel upon contract maturity... but that does not constitute "in writing". Not one productive lead in 6 months... But if I stay and continue to pay... they will make it better. Ummm. NOT. Beware of this company and their tactics.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Simple enough - SCAM. Lies, no leads, I didn't even show up in their advertising. Customer service rep doesn't respond. Managed finally to get to this Alfredo ** who issued a one month refund for the fraudulent service and said I was canceled, but now they are charging me again. Fraud.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your feedback, Barbara. We are sorry to hear your experience with Homes.com has been unsatisfactory thus far. There appears to be some confusion regarding your charges; Alfredo and Xanthus will be reaching out to you today to help clarify. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns after that conversation.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

WOULD NEVER USE AGAIN!!! As a realtor I was contacted by Homes.com to advertise on the zip code where I live. It was to be a 6-month commitment for $177.88 a month. Seemed pricey but I thought I would give it a try since it was for only 6 months. I received 1 lead for my $1067.28 investment. The best is that they keep charging you after your 6-month commitment is finished. I called their customer support who said that I had to call and cancel to stop my 6-month subscription. I would never recommend this company ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

As a real estate agent I advertised for 1 year with Homes.com. I received 4 leads over this time period. As another review mentioned the customer support is poor and is hard to get in contact with once you sign a contract. Once I started to request my account be cancelled, it took over 2 months to get a confirmation that my account has been stopped. They charged at least 1 extra billing cycle than what was necessary during this time of no one responding as I was emailing and calling 3 differed reps at Homes.com. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH HOMES.COM IF YOU ARE A REAL ESTATE AGENT.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

If you are a realtor looking for a place to advertise, go anywhere but Homes.com, they are the worst. They bill you for a minimum of 6 months, provide no service to review "leads" (like an app), and you will essentially get no customer service or response once you sign their contract. All they want is your money, they do not seem remotely interested in keeping repeat customers. Do yourself a huge favor and do not sign up with these crooks.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I really enjoyed the clean and sleek layout. It was easy to get around and find what I needed. The pictures were high definition, and I didn't feel like advertisements were being shoved down my throat. However, the site overall didn't have very many animations, something that I enjoy while looking about. If you could add animations as you roll over the categories at the top of the screen I think that will help the appearance of the website.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Easy to use website and easy to create an account and navigate through. You can select from all different options to get exactly what you need or looking for. It is self-explanatory and all options run across the top page with pull-down menus. They have a lot of good features and calculators you can use.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

To navigate Homes.com it would be best to open an account which is very free and easy, after you register you can search for homes by city state price or type such as buying or renting. When you see a home that interests you you can contact the property manager through the site about an inquiry and if you aren't sure about the home you can add it to your list of favorites to visit at a later date and or compare with others.

Homes.com has a very nice layout and was fairly easy to navigate. But it didn't have all the features that I wanted in a real estate search site. It should also incorporate better search features into their site. For example you should be allowed to search from highest to lowest prices and also the search parameters should be less broad you should be able to search in a closer range. The site was also a little buggy. But it wasn't a bad experience and I would use it again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

It's easy to navigate. The homes are verified to avoid fraud or scams and it has local listings for convenience. I also like the layout and the colors. But maybe they could include a larger selection of lower prices on homes and info such as the requirements for moving into the properties. On the other hand, I used this site to research areas to live, and for mortgage information. If you need a site with a large variety of properties, this is it. It is better than the other sites in its category.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Homes.com is a great website. I really enjoy the ease of navigation on the website because it helps me find what I'm looking for quickly. This site is kind of slow though every time I try to connect to it, so it does lag a little. Also, sometimes older photos are used on some of the properties, so it's not being up to date. But overall I think it's great. Create an account and start searching. It's super simple to use.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have found a great website and excellent resources for finding the perfect home and the right mortgage rate. The website of Homes.com is easy to use, has a great variety of homes and rates are good. I have found a few homes I am interested in, that I am in the process of checking out. But I think that if more pictures were included with each property it would be one way to improve the website. I also believe that a wider range of properties across the country would be very helpful for many families in their search for the perfect property for them. But I would recommend Homes.com.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Many homes are only listed there. The search can be narrowed, but it is not the easiest to do. Zip codes search is usually way too wide, and it is sometimes difficult to narrow. You can look at the site but still need a realtor to help you get access and walk you through the process, and help you with the details, like writing the contract and deciding on financing. Also, listings are sometimes out of date, off the market, or no longer for sale. Such a waste of time. Most homes do not have good pictures, or the pictures do not accurately reflect the homes.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs