Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.16/5

51 Homes.com Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

We are new agents and sadly fell for their scam of providing exclusive leads to us in our chosen area. The phone leads we have received are from utility companies trying to contact someone else, and an attorney's office looking for someone else. The one listing lead we received in July 2019 had been expired since February 2019. So this looked like a bait and switch to the one solid lead we had ever received and which of course we lost due to their dishonest promise that their website is constantly updated and will not show properties not on the market. They made assurances, promises which all turned out to be lies. They will not respond to emails or phone calls and continue to charge our card when we have demanded they stop. NEW AGENTS STAY AWAY FROM HOMES.COM!!!!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Janet. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. We'd love to assist you with your concerns, but cannot locate your account with the information provided. Please contact Key Account Manager Mat Neff at your earliest convenience. You can reach him via phone or email. If there are any other concerns we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I rarely if ever give negative reviews of any person or company but feel I must make an exception here as this has been an incredibly unfortunate experience and it appears I have no other option. As a little background, I am one of the top selling agents in the state of Michigan and last year did $71 million in volume with my team. So when the very nice sounding sales rep for Homes.com called me early this year while I was relaxing on a much needed vacation, and promised me I’d see great results with their new “City Sponsorship” program they were just rolling out, I didn’t have a lot of reason to doubt him. I told him I had a less than pleasant experience with Homes.com in the past and he assured me that would not be a problem or they could cancel the remainder of the contract. I fell for it and I have since learned my lesson.

It didn’t take me but two weeks to realize the results were a total fail and when I tried to cancel they suddenly knew nothing about this conversation with this salesman nor did they find any record of our conversation. So instead they are trying to hold me to a six-month contract and not allowing me it to end despite the complete lack of results from their end. So far I have been able to avoid the last few months by shutting down my credit card and having the company reissue a new one that Homes.com has no access to. I made sure my credit card company is aware of the situation and after a full investigation they even looked into it and sided with me thankfully.

I thought I was done with the nightmare but the other day I got a call from an attorney firm in California hired by Homes.com threatening to damage my credit if I don’t pay them in full. Is this the activity of a company that actually has something to offer agents? I spend over $10,000 a month between Realtor.com and Zillow but Homes.com will never receive another penny of advertising from me as long as they don’t give a rip about their reputation with agents from what I’ve experienced. And from my experience it is obvious to me they clearly don’t care about my results or happiness, just my money. This is totally unlike Realtor.com and Zillow that have specific reps that you get to talk to you every time you call so there is built-in accountability there.

I am an extremely fair guy so I want to give them all the benefit of change here. So if the company reverses their decisions and apologizes I will be the first to post this activity or whatever they propose as a solution online so everybody knows they did the right thing. But from what I’m reading and certainly from what I’ve experienced it does not look likely.

From the previous reviews I’m reading I’m guessing the company will call and not offer to refund the money but will try and make promises as to what they will do to “resolve the issues” but I doubt that actually cancelling the contract starting when I first notified them of the terrible results two weeks in will likely not be one of those options. If they do actually post they will keep the originals salesman’s word and do that and they state it here publicly, then it will appear I was wrong about them. We shall see. In the meantime warning everyone I know to steer clear.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, John. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. We have forwarded your concerns to our Key Account Manager, and he will be reaching out to you soon. If there are any other concerns we can help you with, please don't hesitate to send us a message.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Don't waste your money. Signed a 6 months agreement in March. Received 3 leads that were discounting or no longer in service. My mistake on not doing my research beforehand. You are wise if you learn from your own mistakes but you are wiser if you learn from others. Very disappointed.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Lissa. We're sorry to hear your experience has not met expectations thus far. We've escalated your concerns to our Client Success team and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. If you have any other concerns in the meantime, please let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I signed up after getting an unsolicited call (should have checked it out first). Someone nice called then transferred me to a high-pressure sales guy (again, my fault). I signed up for 6 months. Have called multiple times to discuss lack of leads, it's been almost 4 or 5 months and I've gotten 4 leads. Another time I called to cancel, saying stop the madness, they said, "We'll give you more areas", then sent me a name they'd already sent! Now I'm trying to get to the payment center on the site and it's impossible, there is no link, no way to get there. They say if I cancel before the 6 months are up they will sue me. OMG I can't wait 'til it's over, may just risk their stupid lawsuit and get out.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Shanna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It looks like you've spoken with a member of our Client Success team since your review submission, but if there's anything more we can do to assist with this or any other concerns, please let us know.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I signed up for Homes.com almost 4 months ago under the impression that I was buying into being the only Spanish speaking agent out of four preferred agents in a very high volume zip code, since then I have received two leads essentially paying over $1400 for two leads. First, you can't say that you speak Spanish so the client is supposed to guess based on your face and last name. On the first month, seeing that I wasn't getting any activity, I called to voice my concerns, at which point I was told that their job is to put my name and picture up and it was up to the people who visit their sites to click on my name. That there was no way they can "force them to click". Needless to say, I've requested to cancel my account. They did not.

I then received two leads (one was ok) on the same day. Once again, nothing for the remainder of the time I've been paying. I have called and emailed them since multiple times asking to cancel but they continue to withdraw from my account. On the last call Mr. Dasmond ** stated that I would need to pay a two month cancellation fee. Imagine THAT!!! I'm a Real Estate Agent for 19 years and should have known better and looked up their reviews. If you're considering buying leads, please don't use them. I have never dealt with a worse company!!

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Gina. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like you've spoken with our Client Success team who worked with you to reach a solution to your concerns. Should any more concerns arise, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are happy to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homes.com?

Original review: July 8, 2019

I was contacted several times to join Homes.com for lead generation. I was told that I would show up on every listing in the zip code I advertized in and that I would get a bonus sponsorship for the zip code. This was not true. The sales agent misrepresented how many leads I would get and quality of leads. I have not received one quality lead since signing up. I called to cancel and all they did was argue with me on the phone not to mention I was on hold forever. They refused to allow me to cancel, said that they would fix my account. How is fixing my account now going to help with the last 3 months of advertising that I already paid for. Poor customer service at its finest.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Danielle. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. Upon looking at your account, it looks like our Client Success team has already been in communication with you to reach a more positive solution, but has been unsuccessful in concluding that conversation. We encourage you to reach out to your dedicated Client Success representative with this and any other concerns you may have.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I signed up for Homes.com a few months ago under the impression that I was buying into being 1/4 preferred agents in 3 very high volume zip codes, since then I have received 2 leads competing with over 10 preferred agents. If you are considering buying in, to be very clear, multiple agents are dispatched for each lead that comes in. The amount of preferred agents is apparently not fixed or limited like Zillow or similar services. I will not be resigning with them and would not recommend them to other agents.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Alexander. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We'd like to assist you, but are unable to locate your account with the details provided. Please reach out to our service team or message us your contact information here and we will be happy to connect you to a support specialist. If there are any other concerns you may have, please let us know. We are here to help.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I signed a contract for 6 months. For the first 3 months my account information online was marketed incorrectly with my old brokerage contact information. I made 3 attempts to have the information corrected. Homes.com failed to accurately correct my contact information. They refused to credit me for the 3 months that my account was marketed incorrectly. They refused to cancel my subscription for the next three months. My contract I went to my bank and my bank reviewed all of my documentation and they refunded me the payments and went after Homes.com. This company is a fraud and they are only looking to collect a monthly subscription fee without providing any service or Leads. AGENT BEWARE.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Alex. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. We would like to connect you with our Director of Customer Care, but we cannot locate your account with the information provided. Please message us your contact information and we'll be happy to assist you with these and any other concerns you may have.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I received a call from Homes.com on May 30th from a Don ** sales rep. This was an unsolicited call from Homes.com with promises that I would received at least 5 leads that would be qualified. He also used the term that our company supported his company. I now find out that that's not the case. I received 1 bad lead in 30 days and I am locked in for 6 months with the last month free. I have 4 very active zip codes that are not performing. I checked out the complaints on Homes.com. WOW a bunch. I should have checked out this company prior to signing. Our industry is very sensitive to abuse by vendor that promise the world. When I read the responses for the complaints they are the same line of BS. I write this review to share my experiences with fellow agents. Before you sign with this company please check the reviews prior to signing. Save your hard money and apply it worthwhile promotions.

Homes.com response

Thank you for your review, Richard. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We've forwarded your concerns to management and they will be reaching out to you shortly. If you have additional concerns in the meantime, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I signed up for 6 ZIP codes. I am very rarely ever featured on any of the homes in any of the ZIP codes. I was told that I only get so many clicks so I shouldn't be checking them. If I'm not featured on any of the homes how can I have anyone clicking on me? I have gotten a couple of leads but nothing that amounted to anything. I've had solicitors for breast cancer and Veterans come in as leads. I wish I had read the reviews before I signed up. I'm stuck for another 3 months of throwing my money away.

Homes.com response

Paula, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It looks like our service team has already spoken with you, but our Customer Success Supervisor will also be reaching out within the day to discuss your concerns. Should you need additional assistance in the interim, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Homes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Homes.com has a long history in real estate advertising. It originally existed as Homes & Land Magazine, which began publication in 1973. The magazine began publishing digitally in the 1990s and later became Homes.com. The site is now owned by Dominion Enterprises and headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The site lists properties that are for sale and rent.

• Local professionals: Homebuyers still looking for a real estate agent, mortgage banker, home inspector or other real-estate related professional can find listings on Homes.com.

• Blog: Homes.com has a blog with informative articles on buying a home, moving, building and remodeling a house and much more.

• Forums: Homebuyers, renters and homeowners can all post real estate questions on the forums on Homes.com’s website. Although anyone can answer other users’ questions, most questions are answered by real estate professionals.

• Search options: Site visitors can easily browse for a specific type of home or property, like a multi-family home or empty lot. Users can then narrow their search from there.

• Best for: Homes.com is best for house hunters and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs