2. Elder Care
  3. Stair Lifts

Harmar Mobility

Harmar Mobility
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.82/5

Harmar manufactures home and vehicle accessibility lifts. It offers a wide variety of products, including stair lifts, automobile lifts and platform lifts, through local Harmar dealers. The company’s products come with a warranty, with terms varying by model. You can find out which automobile lift is right for your situation by taking the company’s vehicle compatibility quiz.

Harmar Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harmar Mobility?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harmar?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I checked with three other vendors and the contact person with Harmar was very knowledgeable. The training seemed to be very good and professional, and that affected my decision. Also, the price was right. I got a straight model and I'm very pleased with the quality. The service was good. If there was a question with my contact person, it was very prompt and professional. So I was pleased, so far.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

They were excellent. There was some remediation and they were very prompt about taking care of it. So I was very happy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

We’re an association office for the churches in the area and one of our pastors knew Harmar Mobility and he recommended them. The reason we got a Harmar is we have a person on our executive board in a wheelchair. But we haven't been meeting in person for a year, so they haven't had to use it. We just use it to carry boxes up and down. The quality of the machine seems really great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I've had the Harmar Mobility since March. The sales rep was right on time and the installation was nice. The operation of it is nice but we are experiencing some shaking in it. Also as we go up the steps, there's a knock-knock and I can hear it all. When I go up the stairs, my wife said she can hear me. She knows when I'm on it. But I like that it has a remote. When I'm up and my wife wants to come down, we use it back and forth with the two remotes. It also fits nicely and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I was specifically looking for stairlifts that were industrial-rated, and Harmar met the specs. Harmar's reps were fine to work with. We contracted with a local contractor that they recommended, and the work was done satisfactorily and in the timeframe we agreed to. We have a split staircase. There's a landing in the middle. In a perfect world, I would have loved to have had a lift that allowed a seamless, uninterrupted rise from the bottom to the top. As it is, we needed to put in two lifts, one up to the landing, and then the other from the landing up to the top or vice versa. Other than that, I'm very happy with the features they offer.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I had already investigated what the options were and the different companies. I found the one here in Richmond area that had that product and everything worked out very nicely. It was all by telephone. The installer was amazing. He is the epitome of the way things ought to be done. He did everything in four hours. We have the Harmar stairlifts for both floors. Everything seems to be perfect. We're pleased with the way it works and it's very helpful for my wife. It has changed her life.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Everything went fine during the sales visit. We talked to the rep, we put the stairlift in, and it's working good. The only issue we have with it is the cord behind the seat rubs on the seat and my wife said that there was a mark on the cord.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I looked online to check out what stair brands there were. There were two that I thought were interesting and so I called on Sunday, and the one didn't answer and said their business would be open Monday. So I called Harmar and it was pretty neat that the guy answered on a Sunday. He was so nice on the phone. He came out and looked at what our needs were and he said the stairlift would go really well. He said that the home office was in Kansas City, so everything was close. He could do the installation by Wednesday. So they came in, put it in, and they were out of here. There was no mess. So we were extremely pleased. The stairlift that we had before was an old iron horse. The Harmar stairlift is lighter weight but certainly strong enough to hold a person. I liked the fact that it can be called downstairs. The quality is quite good. It is noisy. But in all of life's things, it's not something that's annoying. All in all, we're very happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Our Harmar stairlift fits the stairwell upright. You can't walk around it, but that's okay. It fits me just fine. I like all of it. It has worked every time I needed it to. I don't have to worry about going up and down the stairs. If I need to go downstairs, I just ride it down, get off and go from there. It has been a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My husband is having issues with his legs and the stairlift has been a godsend. It works well. The local company that installed it for us recommended it. I've heard all good things about them. I researched it online, and when we went there to choose which one we wanted, they were extremely helpful. The service was excellent.

Harmar Mobility Company Information