About Global Home Protection
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Global Home Protection is a home warranty company offering three plans to cover household appliances and systems that break down, plus the option to add supplemental coverage. Customers can reach its service department 24/7 for claim support. Service call fees start as low as $45. Global Home Protection provides a free month of coverage with sign-up and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you
- Free month of coverage
- 24/7 service
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cancellation fees
- Limited information on website
Global Home Protection offers plans to cover systems, appliances or both. You get one free month of coverage, and there’s no fee to transfer a policy to a new homeowner. Monthly and annual plans are available.
What is Global Home Protection?
Global Home Protection is a home service contract company offering three coverage plans. The company, based in New York, gives policyholders financial protection in case a home system or appliance breaks down from normal wear and tear. Claims specialists are available 24/7 to help homeowners start the process for repairs and replacements. You can purchase a monthly or annual contract from Global Home Protection.
How does Global Home Protection work?
Global Home Protection pays for the cost to repair or replace covered systems and appliances that malfunction after normal use. When a system or appliance breaks down, you can call anytime to speak to a claims specialist. You pay a service call fee — as low as $45 with Global Home Protection — for the company to send an approved service contractor to your home and diagnose the problem. Your contract sets forth details about what’s covered, coverage limits and the amount of your service call fee.
You can purchase a plan anytime. To request a monthly or annual quote, call Global Home Protection or fill out a contact form online, and a representative will call you. Coverage usually starts 30 days after you enroll, but the waiting period can be waived if you can show proof that coverage hasn’t lapsed from another home warranty company.
Global Home Protection plans don’t cover systems or appliances with known or unknown preexisting conditions, malfunctions due to rust or corrosion and certain parts and components. It also won’t cover any items that haven’t been maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Global Home Protection plans
Global Home Protection has three protection plans: one that covers systems, another that covers appliances and a third that covers both.
- Major System Plan
- The Major System Plan starts at $42.99 per month or $499.99 per year and covers the following systems:
- Air conditioning system
- Heating system
- Electrical system
- Plumbing system
- Plumbing stoppage
- Water heater
- Major Appliance Plan
- The Major Appliance Plan starts at $39.99 per month or $549.99 per year. It protects the following appliances:
- Garbage disposal
- Kitchen refrigerator
- Built-in microwave
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
- Diamond Plan
- The Diamond Plan is the company’s most popular option, starting at $49.99 per month or $699.99 per year. It covers everything from the first two plans, plus:
- Ceiling fan
- Exhaust fan
- Garage door opener
- Whirlpool bathtub
- Additional coverage
- You have the option to add additional coverage for:
- Septic system
- Stand-alone freezer
- Water softener
- Sump pump
- Refrigerator ice maker
- Central vacuum
- Limited roof leak
- Well pump
Global Home Protection cost
Global Home Protection plans start at $39.99 per month or $499.99 per year, according to the company’s website. Service call fees start at $45. Customers can get a free quote by calling the company or filling out a form online.
If you sell your home during your coverage period, you can transfer your plan at no cost. You can also cancel your coverage anytime. If you cancel it within the first 30 days, you are entitled to a full refund, minus service costs; if you cancel after, you get a prorated refund, minus a $75 cancellation fee, a $75 administrative fee and any service costs.
Global Home Protection FAQ
- How fast will my Global Home Protection claim be processed?
- Global Home Protection says it sends a contractor to you within 24 to 48 hours.
- Can I cancel my Global Home Protection plan?
- Yes, you can cancel within 30 days for a full refund, minus any service costs. If you cancel after 30 days, you get a prorated refund, minus a $75 administration fee, a $75 cancellation fee and any service costs. You must submit a cancellation request in writing via email or postal mail.
- Does Global Home Protection have a waiting period?
- Yes, 30 days. Global Home Protection may waive the waiting period if you can show proof of previous home warranty coverage that hasn’t lapsed from another company.
- Can I transfer my Global Home Protection plan if I sell my home?
- Yes, and Global Home Protection doesn’t charge a transfer fee.
Is Global Home Protection worth it?
Global Home Protection’s plans are pretty standard for the industry, covering systems, appliances or both. There are also common add-on options. The service call fee starts on the low side when compared with other companies. Considering the number of home warranty companies competing for your business, you should request quotes from a number of different ones, including Global Home Protection. Make sure to get a copy of each plan’s terms and conditions so you understand what’s covered.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,134,509 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Most corrupt company I have ever dealt with. They refused to pay for covered items and will not return calls to customers. The following are some of the actions that Global Home Protection took during my one year of coverage with the company:
• Refused to pay a negotiated settlement agreement because after weeks of not getting payment I contacted my State’s Attorney General Office to see if they could help get me my payment. Later I found out that Global Home protection was not registered to conduct business in my State.
• They attempted to get me to agree to cancel my contract Global because they said that by contacting the Attorney General’s Office I had “defamed the character” of the company and they could, according to the contract, cancel my agreement. I refused to agree to their forced cancellation. They said they would pay my claim if I dropped the inquiry with my Attorney General’s office. I never received any payment for this claim.
• Several months, and many calls and emails from me, I opened another claim for another covered item. Initially they told me that according to the contract I signed that I could only have one claim approved during the contract period. They again told me that if I dropped the claim against them they would pay the claim. I finally agreed to drop the claim and we completed all the paperwork to receive payment for the second claim. I was trying to at least get some payment from them, however that also failed.
• This company legal address is in New York City but their operations are in Delaware. I filed claims against them in both Ney York and Delaware. Neither State took any action against the company.
If you really want “Home Protection” do not pay money to this company. This company cost me at least $1000 in legitimate unpaid claims.
Global Home Protection Company Information
- Company Name:
- Global Home Protection
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.