Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
GE Wall Oven
1.24/5

GE Wall Oven

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

76 GE Wall Oven Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 12, 2019

My 3-year old double wall oven (valued at over $3,000) has been down since December 21st. It's now March 12th and I still do not have a working oven. When I asked consumer relations for further explanation about why my case was closed and no additional follow-up was sent to me, they just said, "Sorry about that," and that there was nothing further they could do for me except set up my service call next week. I have had a box of parts since February 26th with NO communication from you on when you planned to install. I will NEVER purchase another GE appliance and furthermore, I will be contacting everyone that I know, both on social media and in person and telling them about the poor experience that I have had with your company.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We bought these GE white electric double wall ovens (Model JT3500DF3WW) after our 20 yr. old Jenn-air oven's door broke due to an accident and a replacement door was no longer available. These ovens are not quality ovens. After the first time I used the self clean option, everywhere the racks hit the side walls the enamel had broken down and come off! Now, after just 2 years (we are just starting into our 3rd year) I called GE to tell them that our ovens had the F96 code coming up which caused the oven to shut off and that it was beeping. I came to find out it was the blower fan that cools the oven down that was the problem.

However, the GE customer advocate said there was no known problem recorded with these appliances and that there was nothing they were willing to compensate me for since our warranty had expired. This is interesting considering when we ordered the replacement part it has the design changed and we also have to order a new electrical board as well? GE seems not to see the reviews and same complaints on the same issue and won't take responsibility for the quality of the products they make. It is not believable with complaints on this site over and over again. They are unaware of the issue and redesigning the part only solidifies their knowledge, as well as showing their lack of concern for the customers. They have sold these defective ovens to by not being willing to compensate for replacement of a factory made faulty part!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I bought my home new last year with all GE appliances which was a HUGE bummer because they make garbage. Little did I know how much of a bummer it was... and this wall oven combo is the last of the appliances that are getting the BOOT!! My dishwasher leaked the 1st time we used it and it leaked all over my wood floor and ruined the floor which required replacing. To the dump. The fridge leaked in the water dispenser we replaced BOTH with KitchenAid that we now love! I have a 2017 wall oven microwave combo model# PT7800 and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the shelves in and out of this oven. They added a tiny bottle of graphite to tun along the runners and they are STILL A ROYAL PAIN!! The self cleaning left all kinds of debris and the door is filthy and still cover with grease even after using Greased Lightning afterwards.

The microwave oven is impossible to reach to the back to clean and the timer doesn't work. The GE stove top was replaced with a Wolfe because the GE is also a pain to clean and scratches horribly if you even look at it. Who manufactures a GAS stove that is so delicate also a pain to clean!! If you get water on the heating elements they sputter until you can dry them and the grates scratch the heck out of the top. My old Wolfe was a breeze compared to this thing.

Now that I see all these super negative reviews I am worried we will be replacing our oven sooner than later and so I am going out and paying for a new oven that is NOT GE. So add everything up and I am having to pay over $13,000 to replace the crap the builder put in. Pissed that I have to buy all my appliances again but oh well! BTW we LOVE our Speed Queen W/D set. The absolute best thing we ever did 30 years ago and just replaced them this year. Do whatever you have to to get these washer and dryers!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Brand new... 4 month old GE Profile double oven model number PT7550sfss. Out of the four months it's been down almost half the time. Service people are perplexed about why the unit is shutting itself down. Boards have been replaced. Then when it seemed to be working correctly we put the self cleaning option on and after about 45 minutes it shut down. Tech said there were other parts of the oven now have to be replaced. Some "neutral" piece had to be replaced and again with more new boards. LED panel does not work either now. After the new parts again are put in next week we'll see what happens but I think we're heading down a path of a new oven... We hope. And reading other reviews this seems like a very similar issue on this model. Hope GE does the right thing.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

GE wall oven GE F96 code. New home oven less than 2 yrs! Junk GE wants $470 to repair. Tons of complaints. This should be recalled for the faulty fan... Will never buy GE and sure as hell will not pay them $470 to repair this junk!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Just like everyone else my brand new GE profile double wall oven pt9800SH4SS has a cooling fan error and shuts off the oven. To save everyone the trouble just read the reviews. Same thing happened to me. Had to pay $99 for them to come do the service call only for them to tell me they don’t have the part on hand. Said it’s a 2 man job and quoted me $472 for a job that should be free! My home is a new build.

My warranty ended June 30, 2018 and my oven stopped working in January. Only 6 months after the watery expired. GE doesn’t offer extended warranty for their own products because they don’t back their own products. Ordered the part and then waited a week later to find out that the part that came did not have all the pieces on it. Now they are ordering another part and I have to wait another week or two without a working oven. $472 for a fix that should hold up a lot longer than 18 months. For heaven's sake my $20 reusable water bottle has a longer warranty than my $5000 oven. Don’t buy their product and spread the word. This oven should be recalled.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

GE Profile wall oven is only 3 years old. Cooling fan motor is giving an error code and oven shuts itself down. When you go to order parts they're out of stock at multiple locations. So apparently other people are having the same issue. I will never buy another GE!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

In 2017 bought Double oven CT9550 for my new house. Within a year during cleaning cycle it shut and was completely dead - no lights or anything. Called GE and after 4 visits replaced oven. Did have an oven for 5 months. 1 month after new oven installed it started malfunctioning. Sometimes it just shuts off and sometimes after I turn it off it starts beeping with an error message. Of course this usually happens in middle of night! I also had GE send me new shelves 3 times as they didn’t go in properly and were scratching the sides of oven. I’m about ready to take my loss and get another brand!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have a GE Wall Oven with microwave 1.5 years old. I did a self cleaning and the cooling fan went out and now oven doesn’t work. Was informed by GE rep that they do not service my area anymore and I should look in the yellow pages for a repairman. I will never buy a GE product again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We purchased a custom 40-inch range with a double oven that now has rusted interior walls. I had complained about the rusted racks not realizing the interior walls would end up rusting as well. I spoke with a customer service representative who agreed to replace one of the oven racks. She made me understand that I had to pay for the other. Fast forward 2 years and not only have the new racks rusted, but the interior walls are in the same condition. Our last range held up over the years with no deterioration at all. We will NEVER purchase a GE anything again!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have had my double wall oven for 4 years and I started experiencing issues in year 2. Since then I've had the same issue (F97) code that is related to the fan not working. As of 10/11/19 I have paid $500 with my warranty company to keep this product somewhat operative. Each time I speak to GE Customer relations that continue to tell me that the oven is repairable. My reply is it repairable as long as I am paying $75 each time a service person is coming out to my house! I DO NOT recommend this product to anyone and I am 100% certain that I WILL NOT purchase GE Products ever again! Poor Quality!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Our GE Advantium Profile wall oven is less than two years old - and the oven function quit in July 2018. The microwave function still works. I immediately contacted GE, and they scheduled a service call. The tech came out, diagnosed the issue, ordered parts to be delivered to our home, and scheduled a call where he and another tech could pull the entire oven out and repair it. The parts arrived, and the techs returned. They pulled the oven out and decided they had the wrong parts and diagnosed a different problem. More parts were ordered and a new service call date scheduled. They left, saying that a single service tech would be able to fix it.

The lone tech comes today, pulls the oven part way out and says that he can't fix it by himself. So, we're looking at still another service date (next week is all booked, so it's the following week!). That will be service call number 4. They should have figured this out on the second service call. This isn't acceptable. I called GE Customer Relations and all they could do is offer us a 25% discount on parts. Lame. How about not charging for the service calls or parts. As in FREE? I'll never recommend a GE appliance.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

In our home for 4 months. Turned on our GE Profile oven, opened the door and the inner glass of the oven shattered. GE wants me to vacuum the glass out of the oven. It’s unsafe, I’m afraid I won’t get all the glass out. I’m still finding glass on my floor & they want me to feed my family out of this oven.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Purchased a brand new house in July of 2015. With it came a brand new GE double wall oven model #JT5500SF3SS. We use the oven sparingly but after three years decided to use the self clean feature for the first time. Shortly after completing the self clean cycle, the oven completely shut off, the display screen is blank and the oven will not turn on.

I called “GE Service and Support” to find out they do not offer over the phone troubleshooting for this issue, they have no idea what may be wrong with the unit and want $150 to send out a service repairman to check the unit and tell me what may be wrong. To make matters worse the $150 will not be applied towards any repairs. I googled the issue online to find out this is a common problem reported by other consumers. Not only is this a product that should have already been recalled, GE knows this is a common issue and continues to charge customers for service calls and additional repairs for a faulty oven.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought a GE built-in combination wall oven in March of 2015 for more than $3,000.00. Microwave just quit one day about a month ago and the oven’s convection stopped working about a year ago. Only guaranteed for a year and the company won't stand behind its product. It was approximately 3 years old. I have kids in college and am fighting cancer, so I cannot afford to fix it. I tried talking to GE but they won't fix it. Total waste of money.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This is the worse experience I ever have with and Appliances, I am a homeowner and contractor. I will never buy again GE. I bought this Appliances (General Electric Wall combination oven and microwave) for my new custom kitchen 9 months ago and after six oven stop working. Since then I have technician in my home four times and can’t get this thing to work. Order parts after part. Weeks are going by and not oven yet, GE is not willing to replace it because they said is fixable. They replace every single piece and still not working. Please I advice you reading this review don’t buy from (GE). This company is the worst.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We purchased a top of the line GE double wall oven with convection in 2013. On January 1 of 2018, the control board went out when I tried to set an oven cleaning. My GE certified repairman had a huge amount of difficulty getting through to a GE service rep to figure out what the flashing code signified. Once identified, new parts ordered. New parts arrived but the new connecting cord did not fit new control board, and GE had no explanation. After more delays in getting answers from GE, my repairman cried uncle; sent back the new control board, and said he would NEVER service a GE repair. Now it is April 19, and I still have no oven. No response from GE. (I bought a Bosch double oven and hope this one lasts.)

Original review: April 16, 2018

We have had the GE Cafe Double Ovens for under two years, and continue to get a F97 Error Code for our lower oven. Any time I try to heat the upper oven, the lower oven error code comes on and shuts down both ovens. If I open the lower oven door, I can get my upper oven to work. But it often takes several attempts. I see that many others are experiencing the same issue. This is ridiculous after just 18 months.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We bought a brand new house in July 2016, along with the house came a brand new GE double oven JT3500SF3SS. In January 2018 (of course right after the warranty ended) the oven stopped working and we received an error code of F97. $500+ to fix the oven! I find it very ironic that the quits right after the warranty and of course GE will come out to tell me what's wrong for $150?? After reading the other comments from consumers about this oven - there should be a recall on this oven!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

4 year old GE Profile oven when in use shuts off when door opens and steam comes out. Touchpad steams up and oven shuts down. Replaced touchpad and problem still exist with no explanations on issue or how to resolve from GE. They say they have never heard of the issue before.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Eight year old oven with glass panel held with double side tape fell off and shattered. They used double side tape to hold a heavy piece of glass vertical, which also gets hot!! I was told the glass would be $70.95 but they will give it to me for $7.00. LOL. These folks come with anything. Also to waive a $95.00 home call fee. I asked a lady about other fees before repair showed up. Couldn't answers. That lady sent me to a different number. This thug sounding women said she couldn't help me and sent me back to the other number. The tech guy was an hour late and told me he gets paid by the hour from GE and stuck me with a 10 minute bill. A nice off the wall $100.98 dollars. Totally **. Completely blindside and ripped off!

I called GE and they couldn't fix the problem. Showed on my receipt to be over $500 glass. WHATEVER GE. Y'all work together to scam and not tell people the truth up front. These numbers make zero sense. So sick, because this repair could have been done myself but it was GE ** design so they needed to repair. Engineers are overpaid. I will stay away from GE and Haier company designs.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We bought the GE Double Wall Ovens 27 inch JK3500SF3SS in July 31, 2016. Lowe’s did install until about 6 weeks after we ordered them. First time they came with the wrong ovens. The top oven has started to buckle on the bottom and the ceramic coating is coming off. The heating element. Under the floor of the oven seems to be making the bottom convex. I have used the self clean A couple of times and it does not clean properly. They sent out a service guy and he said it’s nothing that I have done that is causing it.

I have never put anything on the bottom as the heating element is right under it. It does not bake evenly halfway through baking bread and quick breads. I have to turn my pan around. Lowe’s called and they are reimbursing for the ovens. No replacement offered. I think these ovens are dangerous. My kitchen get so hot when I use them. The service guy said he did think they were any danger. I will use the bottom oven until we can find a different wall oven unit.

Original review: July 31, 2017

One year and two weeks after purchasing a GE JT3500SF3SS wall oven, I got a F-97 error code. The oven was stored for six months prior to installation, so usage was less than six months. Upon contacting GE Customer Service, I was told GE did not service my area. Then they inquired if the oven had been stored in a "Climate Controlled Environment." This was a very expensive oven and obviously one who's quality was lower than expected. I guess this is the reason they promote "Extended Warranties." I'm done with GE.

Original review: July 17, 2017

We purchased the (GE Radiant Heat Electric) range in 2014 and immediately had problems with the glass top which cracked within months of normal use. Fortunately, it was under warranty and was replaced. However, the issue today is not under warranty but the Range is two and a half years old. Last week the inner glass cracked and then shattered. It did not explode. Thank goodness. I don't think GE stand behind their products. I have been attempting to contact someone and finally did but was informed there was not a recall on my model and was given a number to call but am still on hold. I don't expect any assistance that will be satisfactory but I am going to try.

Original review: July 11, 2017

This GE microwave (Model #PEB7226SF1SS) came with the new home we bought in May, 2015. Worked for six months and then a connector was burned. One day smoke was coming out and food smelled like smoking plastics. I called in a GE technician and he found a burned out connector and replaced it. It ran for about 18/19 months and today it started malfunctioning. It's still warming food but continues to run when the door is wide open. This is so strange! I punched on the Cancel/Off button nothing happened. I cut off the power by turning the main off, and then on again but nothing happened. It continues to run when the door is wide open. Don't know what to do!!! I have used many other brands in the past but never had this strange problem. I remember using a Sears brand microwave for almost 15 years before it went bad, then a Panasonic for over 8 years.

Original review: May 4, 2017

We purchased a new GE induction slide-in range from HHGregg and they are no longer in business. The stove was purchased in February of 2017, today the oven glass door exploded... Glass was everywhere. Exploded inside the oven as well as outside. I was on the phone to GE for over 55 minutes and am very dissatisfied with GE customer service. This occurred on Thursday May 4th. We were told they would get somebody out here to look at the stove and the damage the following Wednesday which was six days from the time the incident was reported. I found that to be unreasonable given the fact that I have glass all over my kitchen. I wasn't certain if I should try to clean up the glass or if somebody wants look at the pattern of the glass to try to determine exactly what caused this to explode. Extremely dangerous situation.

A representative from GE customer service offered us a $50 check, which is laughable, for the inconvenience of having to wait several days before somebody can come out and take a look at the damage. It was also suggested that they would probably repair or replace the door. This was a $3,000 stove. I am not going to accept a repair on a $3,000 stove. I want the stove replaced with a safe brand. Do not purchase GE products!!! Plus I cut my leg on glass!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We have had the GE Profile oven (JT930) for 6 years and has had to have the keypad/control module replaced twice at $500 cost each. This is at a 2nd home where the oven gets used <60 days per year. For 6 years that equates to about 1 year of actual use and yet has two keypad/control units replaced. Failures start as individual numbers/keys stop working then the whole pad. IE numbers 4 & 7 died first on latest keypad so can't enter any oven temps with a 4 or 7 so must go from 399 degrees to 501 degrees! Pretty worthless!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Bought our brand new home just over a year ago. With all new appliances. Decided to use the self cleaner on our wall over model# JT3500SF3SS. In the middle of the cleaning the inner glass shattered. Immediately turned off. Very dangerous and they want me to pay someone $99 to come look at it and then more for part and service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Purchased Date: July 25th 2016 GE Built In Electric Wall Oven - 30" Model# JT3000DF3WW. Contractor Install: August 15th 2016. Unit Used for the first time on: October 15, 2016. On October 27, 2016 the unit started beeping - Showed an error message (F 96). Called GE Repair on October 27, 2016 - Set up a repair service call for October 31, 2016. Service tech said it was a fan issue to keep from catching fire so it showed the (F 96) error. The fan was NOT working to cool down the oven. So the unit cut it off.

November 04, 2016 - Unit showed the same error code (F 96). Called GE Repair @ 1-800-833-4322. Spoke with a lady who transfers me to Consumer Relations Dept. I waited on hold for 29 mins-38 mins and 26 mins? No one answered so I called the warranty number @ 1-800-626-2224. They said they could not help me and sent me directly to the Consumer Relations Dept. I spoke with a young lady Tierra @ 1-800-386-1245 ext. **. Set Service Call up for November 09, 2016 between 8:00am - 5:00pm. I told her I wanted the oven out of my house. She informed me that unless the repairmen deemed the unit unrepairable... I would not get the oven replaced??? If it can continues to happen... I the consumer can do nothing about it!

GE @ Consumer Relations agreed to add an additional 3 mths warranty to my current one year warranty. Now I'm stuck in a situation that I have to purchase a additional extended warranty! I made it clear that I was forwarding this information to our attorney... If my house catches on fire I will have the attorney sue GE! I will NEVER NEVER purchase another GE product ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

Built a new house 2 years ago and had GE appliances installed in the kitchen. We barely use the bottom oven. We used the self-cleaning mode for the 1st time last week. The thermal fuse blew, which shut down both the top and bottom ovens. $500 cost to repair and replace fuse. Very upset with an oven only 2 years old that this would happen. Now concerned about ever using the Self-Cleaning mode.

GE Wall Oven Company Information