GE Wall Oven

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought our brand new home just over a year ago. With all new appliances. Decided to use the self cleaner on our wall over model# JT3500SF3SS. In the middle of the cleaning the inner glass shattered. Immediately turned off. Very dangerous and they want me to pay someone $99 to come look at it and then more for part and service.

Purchased Date: July 25th 2016 GE Built In Electric Wall Oven - 30" Model# JT3000DF3WW. Contractor Install: August 15th 2016. Unit Used for the first time on: October 15, 2016. On October 27, 2016 the unit started beeping - Showed an error message (F 96). Called GE Repair on October 27, 2016 - Set up a repair service call for October 31, 2016. Service tech said it was a fan issue to keep from catching fire so it showed the (F 96) error. The fan was NOT working to cool down the oven. So the unit cut it off.

November 04, 2016 - Unit showed the same error code (F 96). Called GE Repair @ 1-800-833-4322. Spoke with a lady who transfers me to Consumer Relations Dept. I waited on hold for 29 mins-38 mins and 26 mins? No one answered so I called the warranty number @ 1-800-626-2224. They said they could not help me and sent me directly to the Consumer Relations Dept. I spoke with a young lady Tierra @ 1-800-386-1245 ext. **. Set Service Call up for November 09, 2016 between 8:00am - 5:00pm. I told her I wanted the oven out of my house. She informed me that unless the repairmen deemed the unit unrepairable... I would not get the oven replaced??? If it can continues to happen... I the consumer can do nothing about it!

GE @ Consumer Relations agreed to add an additional 3 mths warranty to my current one year warranty. Now I'm stuck in a situation that I have to purchase a additional extended warranty! I made it clear that I was forwarding this information to our attorney... If my house catches on fire I will have the attorney sue GE! I will NEVER NEVER purchase another GE product ever again!!!

Built a new house 2 years ago and had GE appliances installed in the kitchen. We barely use the bottom oven. We used the self-cleaning mode for the 1st time last week. The thermal fuse blew, which shut down both the top and bottom ovens. $500 cost to repair and replace fuse. Very upset with an oven only 2 years old that this would happen. Now concerned about ever using the Self-Cleaning mode.

We had A GE unit in our kitchen for several years. For the first three years, the oven was OK. After 5 years, the paint inside the microwave was peeling and the oven would not heat evenly, so we called a GE tech to take a look. Two techs and three weeks later, the heating element was replaced, but even so, the oven was never right again. After two more years, the oven light did not come on, the self-cleaning mode did not work, the turntable in the microwave did not turn and the paint in the microwave was terrible. I decided to call GE again. The first tech told me the oven could be repaired. After that, I never heard from him again. I contacted GE again, with the order number from the first visit; they sent out another technician, who knew nothing of the first and claimed the oven was irreparable. He gave me a number to GE, promising they would "make it right."

I called; the woman on the line informed me no help could be given without the model # from the label in the microwave, the very microwave in which the paint was peeling (Of course the label was pretty much illegible) and and she was pretty rude about it. I called again. The next woman told me she could give a $400 dollar discount toward a new one that costs 29,000!!! I asked her why one tech said it could be repaired, while the other claimed it could not.

She tracked down the order, told me they had the wrong number listed for the first visit (acted like it was my fault, though I gave the same number I did as for the second one and have the confirmation order to prove it), and did not realize, until my call on the phone, the cases were connected. What really kills me is she then said they determined the parts ordered would not work before I called. So, basically, she contradicted herself by claiming they did not know the cases were connected, yet has already determined it could not be fixed. So, yeah, be sure to avoid GE products like the plague!

I had purchased GE refrigerator, wall oven, dishwasher from a company online. Well in the first 3 months the oven had an issue. Called GE. They set up a service call. They didn't do their job correctly either. Almost had a fire. Under a year later another issue and GE began to say it was a third party. They had nothing to do with it. But they made the appointment. It is so amazing how they do not stand behind product or customer. Believe me I could have spent less and still had the same quality. But GE I thought would stand behind the product. The dishwasher is not cleaning property as well. So thanks GE. I understand that you used to be a great company. But customer service skills and your product are inferior.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Purchase price of this oven was $2,899.00, purchased from First Coast Supply in Jacksonville FL. When the oven was turned on the first time it made so much noise as to disrupt conversation and it released a great deal of heat into the room. I turned it off immediately and called GE expressing concern that it made a lot of noise and also that a great deal of heat was escaping into the room. They sent repairmen out four different times. The fan was replaced, the oven door and gasket were replaced, and the door hinges were replaced. The oven is a bit quieter now but our main concern is the amount of heat that is released (forced) into the room.

We measured the temperature of the air that is being forced into the room as part of the convection option at 110 degrees. When the technician was asked about this, he said it was normal and that if the oven is set on a higher temperature the temperature of the air which is forcefully blown out will be even hotter. Also the door gaskets still do not seal and heat escapes from the sides of the door as well as being blown out. The last technician insisted to us that this is normal. I have spoken with GE customer service numerous times and they also insist that it is normal for the oven to force 110 degree temperature air into the room. We first believed that the chassis was askew, not square, and that that was causing the problem but after being told repeatedly by GE that this is normal, perhaps it is. It may be normal but it is not OK.

I feel that GE has given us lip service. After coming to the house four times and not correcting the original concern they changed their effort from fixing the problem to convincing us that the problem is not actually a problem after all, that it is normal. I am completely frustrated. I will not use this oven because it makes my kitchen so uncomfortable to work in even with the air conditioner working double duty. I would like GE to make this situation right but I am also writing this review with the hope of saving others from wasting their money and wasting hours and hours and hours trying to get GE to stand behind their product and do the right thing.

We purchased FIVE GE Profile slate-colored appliances late in the summer of 2015. We chose these based on their appearance and admittedly, they are very attractive and receive a lot of compliments. However, I utilized the self-cleaning feature for the first time in December 2015 after only a couple of months of actual use. I followed the directions and used the default setting of four hours. The result was an oven floor not clean, littered with white marks not removable and most upsetting, brown smears going in all directions. When I donated our last oven to Habitat for Humanity, it was at least 14 years old and immaculate. This one is unsightly and the company not only calls the problem "cosmetic", but has refused to publish my review. So much for reality-based reviews on their own website. I will never buy another GE product AND hope they will have to pay some income taxes in the near future. That would be some consolation.

After using the "self-cleaning option" on my G.E. Wall Oven, the control panel would not shut off--it happened before (four years ago and the technician at that time did not tell me that using it would fry my control panel). I CALLED THE GE SERVICE DEPT. AND GAVE THEM THE MODEL NUMBER, THE SERIAL NUMBER, AND THE PART NUMBER (it was written on the receipt from four yrs. before). The service was scheduled for two weeks from the phone request. We assumed that he would have the part in his vehicle. He arrived, GLANCED at the stove and said "We don't carry parts for this model anymore; it will be $97.37." He did nothing! We had to pay the crook for nothing. What kind of a scam does GE have on sending service men out when they don't have the parts?

Purchased built in electric GE wall oven Jt1000DF3BB for my new house in May'15. Spilled grease baked on bottom. The steam clean feature did not touch the grease. Called GE, Marqita said nothing could be done about it. Terrible design flaw if you cannot clean your oven of baked on grease spills. Will not EVER purchase another GE product.

GE Price Gouging on microwave replacement part: I own a GE microwave oven. It is 8 years old and operating fine except for a small plastic grip that snaps into the back of the door handle. The stays that hold this plastic grip in place broke off causing the grip to fall off. I thought this to be a minor problem easily fixed by contacting the GE Customer Service parts department. I spent about 3 hours total, both online and with phone conversations, trying to purchase this replacement part. GE will only sell the entire door handle, which a technician must install, and the minimum cost quoted was $312.00.

I was able to get this cost down to a minimum of $130.00 but this was still a ridiculous price for a part that probably cost less than $1.00 and that could be mailed to me to snap in place myself. My last call, on 10/13/2015, was to the CEO and Chairman's office in Fairfield, CT where I spoke to a Ms. Kelly **. Ms. ** told me "GE owes you nothing. Your appliance is reaching the end of its life cycle. Good Bye!" Wow!! From initial contact to the very top, GE made it clear they do not stand behind their products and they are not interested in helping customers fix anything. They only want to make you buy something new. SADLY, I AM A GE CUSTOMER NO MORE!

Oven is built-in to the center section of an IKEA wall oven cabinet. The space above the oven gets so hot that baking tins stored there can't be touched solely by hand. The cabinet doors also get very hot. IR Temperature gauge shows surface of cabinet at 288 degrees. Will replace oven as soon as possible. In the meantime we keep the cabinet door open when oven is being used.

I purchased a GE Profile stove 2 and a half years ago. We went with this model because it had 2 ovens and a convection setting. Neither the top oven nor the convection settings work properly. GE is located less than 20 miles from my house and they want 90.00 just to come look at the oven. I will not be purchasing any GE products in the future. Nothing but problems.

JTP30S GE Wall Oven - I am reading many of your responses regarding the GE wall oven, and have the same issue with the control panel. Heat from the oven door is escaping from the door panel and I'm certain that is the reason the panel is coming off. I went to Consumer Product Safety Commission website to see if there was a recall. Sure enough, GE had a recall for their wall oven units. Unfortunately, my model number was not listed. Check out the website... maybe yours is listed. If anything, place a report regarding your issues.

I had a GE technician check our oven. Just to have them come to my home they charge you $100. In the end nothing was wrong with the oven but I asked one question, how do you set the self clean on the top oven. He showed me, for this, they charged me $56. I called to complain and they wouldn't give me the money back and stated that it was 'educational' and that the information was in the owners manual. Next time I won't ask any questions. What are my rights as a consumer? Why can GE impose such high rates? Why can't I get my money back?

We built our home in 2000. Researched appliances and decided to go with GE Profile for the wall ovens and fridge. (1) The self- clean feature has NEVER worked. (2) We have replaced the mother board 3 times at a cost of $300 each time. (3) It currently is not working again... yet ANOTHER mother board? Are you kidding me? Really? This is so completely unacceptable I cannot even find the words to describe the continuous frustration we have with this particular product. Don't get me started about the fridge... The cost of the repairs, the wasted food when I cannot bake the item I have prepared. GE should be shut down. Period. Jobs??? Big deal... get another one - we have ALL been faced with the need to find a new job, career, etc with this economy. It's time GE was terminated for ripping off their consumers.

Double Oven JK5500DFBB4 - Purchased a replacement double wall oven with convection feature. Had previous oven for 10+ years before controller board died and couldn't find a replacement. The convection feature on this oven still doesn't work properly after 2 service calls so have scheduled a 3rd. Only using conventional back until this is resolved but warranty period will be up in 6 more months so now wish we had saved the money and avoided the convection feature entirely. Negative reviews on the GE site never get posted.

The plastic push buttons on my GE wall oven have come off so you can't tell. The oven is only a couple years old. We looked online for a replacement panel and there are none. I see that GE has done away with this failed design. I think GE should somehow reimburse us for this because it shouldn't happen. My 89-year-old mother who lives with us likes to bake and can't even use the oven because the control panel is so messed up.

The GE Profile double wall ovens were in my house when I purchased it. They were about 18 months old at that time. At this point, they are about 8 years old. I am single and use my ovens on a light and irregular basis. The lower oven is practically new. I liked the ovens and they suited my purposes until about year ago. The ovens started a beeping sound as an alarm to inform me the control panel was out. This happens repeatedly and you cannot stop it once it starts. It can beep all night long.

I called the local appliance store that carries GE appliances. They informed me that GE no longer had the control panel available for my ovens because they were "too old." I am used to appliances operating for over fifteen years. This is planned obsolescence on the part of a large corporation that markets its appliances as high quality, but in reality forces owners to send perfectly good appliances to the landfill for the want of a part that cost probably $300-400!! My son-in-law searched the internet and possible outlets in Denver, Colorado to see if he could find it anywhere. It was not available from any vendor, even used appliance vendors.

Now, I have had to purchase a new set of ovens which are obviously not a GE product (never again on this brand) to replace the GE ovens for the modest price of $3400 rather than $400. Thank you GE. In this day and age in the United States with the economy shaky at best for middle and lower income families, large corporations should better meet the needs of their consumers rather than taking advantage of them by building appliances that last ten years or less. I should be able to have my ovens fixed at a lower cost and not be forced into an unnecessary purchase.

I have only used the self-cleaning feature on this double wall oven 3 times in 13 years. I am afraid of it. The outer frame is burned from the high temp. Crap. GE makes crap! I fear that using this feature will start a fire next time! Each time the burns are more visible.

GE Wall Oven JK5500sf2ss - After inserting oven racks in newly installed wall oven, the racks noticeable slanted towards the front of the oven and a double check with a level revealed that indeed the racks were a full bubble out of level while the oven floor was level. After contacting GE, they said they would not send out someone to look at the problem and instead sent 5 new racks. In the meantime, while baking for our business, an entire quiche nearly slid out of the oven. The new racks arrived, but are no different from the originals.

G E Electric Wall Oven Model# JTP25SOH6SS - The oven was put into my house by the builder September 2007. I always keep my oven clean so I only used my self-cleaning once and this is what happened. This was November 2011 as I was hosting Thanksgiving for my family. It was like an explosion, then it sounded like someone grinding rocks in the oven and smoke. My son-in-law performed magic so I could finish dinner. I'm only one person and I purchased Black & Decker Convection Counter Oven because I was scared to use my oven.

Then on Memorial Day Holiday (2014) my family wanted Eggplant Parm. Well it happened again, when the oven gets hot (well da), it happened again and he fixed it (temporarily). He said I needed to purchase a new fan motor ($100.00). Reading some of the reviews, this happens often. I'm a senior and live on SS a fixed income. I thought GE was a reliable product, I guess I'm wrong. If need be I will never purchase another GE appliance. This is the end of my story!

GE Gas Wall Oven Self-Cleaning Model# JGRP20BEJBB - I purchased this unit from PC Richards, Hauppaugue, NY in June, 2010. At that time, I took out a 5 year Repair/Replace contract with PC Richards. I noticed in October 21, 2013 that a small clip that holds the bottom plate in the oven was rusty. I cleaned it off, but opened the clip, and removed the plate. Under the plate was another plate that seemed warped, and I removed that plate because I could still see rust under the bottom plate. When I removed that plate, the whole bottom of the oven above the draw is completely rusted on the front side only as if moisture had accumulated in this area, and the unit bottom is almost totally destroyed.

There is no way that moisture can get into this unit from my home. It has to be from precipitation that was not engineered out of these units when it was first developed by GE.

Having the 5 year warranty, I called PC Richards in Hauppaugue, NY, and spoke to Customer Service. They said that "RUST" is called out on the 5 year warranty as being their responsibility, but they said to call GE direct at 1-800-386-1215 Opt 5, and they may be able to do something for me. I told PC Richards that I have done business with them since 1967 purchase of most of my major appliances, and never had a problem to date and this unit has cost me over $1,200.00 with the installation, service coverage, delivery. I have purchased a lot of GE products from them.

I called GE and told the woman my problem. She got back to me and said that they would replace my unit for $576.53 complete. I asked her if this unit had been retrofitted so that the RUST problem I am having no longer exists, and she was honest enough to say she couldn't say that. I said why do I want to buy this unit if it is going to do the same RUST problem in 3 years. I have had other ovens here, Caloric, Amana, and they never had this problem in the past in this house (I've been here for approx. 31 years).

I said with this amount of replacement cost I was going back to PC Richards, and tell them what you had offered to sell me a new unit for, and see what they would say. I feel I shouldn't have to pay anything for this unit, and a new unit should be guaranteed to last longer by using good metal in the manufacture at this price for the unit.

I called PC Richards back with the offer from GE, and they won't even hear of it. I gave the lady there the reference # that GE gave me. They are standing on their RUST being indicated on their repair contract. This is not a little dab of RUST. It is about a 1/3 of the bottom of the whole unit. In summary, I bought a brand new unit from a known distributor, and a very highly rated manufacturer, and they have sold me a shoddy piece of equipment. I should have some recourse to get my money back, and to purchase a product that will hold up for 10 to 15 years at the price that I paid.

The wall oven purchased from GE has had the control panel bubble up and removed all button covers.

Last week, I turned on the self cleaning feature of my double wall oven (GE Profile). When I returned from work, I was standing about 5 inches from it talking to my son when I heard a loud pop and crackling. I immediately stepped away as we both watched the oven shatter and basically explode spattering pieces of glass on the floor. I called GE customer service who immediately said they had no responsibility for this. Then I was transferred to customer relations who said they would send someone out at no charge because it was obviously a health and safety concern. (I did in fact step on a piece which became embedded in my foot). A week later, a GE repair person came with a very nasty attitude and was completely unprepared to do anything except take my duct tape and tape the front of the oven to prevent further liability for GE. He had not read the ticket which stated that it needed a new piece of glass. In what became one of the worst customer service experiences of my life, he found on that the piece has suspiciously been discontinued.

I called customer relations back and the person told me that they could submit it to the engineers (which I last found out was just more flunky morons), to see if they could replace the whole unit or they could offer me a discount of 10% on a new one (whole double wall oven over $2,000). Wow. The repair person sat in my driveway in his van refusing to tell me what was going on and this whole experience has been very cloak and dagger. And because these ovens explode all the time, this is GE's response to not being accountable. I called GE and spoke to someone who identified himself as Gary **, assistant to the CEO, which later I found was a complete lie. The appliance division in Kentucky is the worst. This guy was offensive, combative, interrupted what I was saying, a chauvinist, and should never ever be dealing with the public.

I wrote letters, made phone calls and complained to board members of GE, the corporation, not the appliance division. At the end of it, I'm waiting all day to at least get the specifications of the glass to be replaced so that I could have a piece cut off of the same properties. They would not even tell me that. They had their lawyer write me a nasty email saying that they would do nothing. I still don't know the manufacturer of the glass or its specifications. This happens all the time and GE is doing nothing to prevent it. I was told it was normal and should be expected for the oven to explode from time to time. While one person said that it was an appliance that had obviously failed (their words), they would do absolutely nothing about it. This piece is also produced for the same product under the Kenmore name, which has been recalled. GE is rotten and I will never buy GE again in my lifetime. In fact, since they admitted that I can expect their products to explode as part of a normal function, I am writing into my leases that tenants cannot keep any GE appliances, small or large in the home. Dangerous.

GE Profile model number jtp30w0m1ww - My control panel bubbled right at the warranty end. I did catch it right before it expired and had it replaced. Only now, the replacement is bubbling too. I finally had to remove the plastic cover and write my button names with a marker! It looks terrible but I can't afford another oven. I paid around $800 for this piece of junk. Even the serviceman commented this was a poorly designed product. I have had nothing but problems out of all my GE appliances and will never spend another dime with that company! As you can see from the photos, it is a mess. GE will never be me again.

The wall oven push button panel had bubbled up and some of the coverings literally deteriorated away just after 3 years. GE supplied the part, but charged us $200 for labor. When I talked to their "special programs" folks (I talked to several different folks), one told me it would be illegal for them to not charge for the labor. The other told me that warranty had expired, and the issue could not be escalated further. Both folks were rude. I will not be purchasing GE products of any kind in the future. There is a difference between normal warranty failures and a defective product. As evidenced by the multiple posts, this is a manufacturing defect that GE fails and chooses to not recognize; not the actions of a supposed world class company. It’s very disappointing and frustrating that a major OEM does not stand up or behind what they make.

When the control panel on my GE Wall oven (purchased in 2009) cracked, I had it replaced. The replacement did not match the original. I called GE, who replaced the replacement, but this one also did not match. It's smaller than the original, does not line up with the oven door, leaves a large gap between the control panel and the oven door, and sets closer to the wall so the oven door sticks out a half inch beyond the control panel. I've since learned that the original panel was recalled. When I complained to GE Customer Relations, their representative (Carsen) offered to replace the unit, but at a cost of $1278.88, which is more than I paid for the original. Carsen indicated today that this was the company's final offer.

Wall oven-microwave unit (model JTP90DP3WW): I purchased this model a few months ago, and the thermostat for the oven has never worked properly. The ding tells you the oven is at the temp set, when it is 75 degrees too cool. If you wait, it keeps heating but never stops. The only way to control it is watch like a hawk and turn it on and off.

I purchased the GE Wall Oven (model JKP30WM2WW) in 2009. This year, the control panel began bubbling. I contacted GE consumer service by email and it took a month for a representative to respond to my complaint. I called the local appliance dealer that sold me the oven and they told me the model had been recalled, but that all customer complaints needed to be made directly with GE. Consumer service rep said the control panel kit would be replaced by them but they would not cover the cost of repair and that was my responsibility.

My previous electric oven (different manufacturer) had functioned without any major repair for 28 years. Three years with this kind of problem gives me little confidence in GE appliances. To top it off, I have read some of the reviews on this site which reported multiple replacements of the control panel. Since this is a major investment, possibly turning into a major headache, I would not recommend a GE appliance of any kind. I will do major research with Consumer Reports before purchasing another appliance in the future and will certainly not purchase one manufactured by GE.

We had GE Profile Series built-in wall ovens installed 15 years ago, when our home was built. I have had to replace the control panel 5 times because it breaks every time I use the self-clean setting. No one from GE will acknowledge that this is a problem. We were told today that we should expect things to break since they are 15 years old. We replaced the control panel 3 times within the first 8 years. Customer service has not been helpful and has been quite surly to deal with. We were charged every time we have to replace this panel. This product has performed well below my expectations and well below industry standards. I would like to have both ovens replaced.

GE Wall Oven Company Profile