GE Wall Oven
  • 1 star
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GE Wall Oven

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

56 GE Wall Oven Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Eight year old oven with glass panel held with double side tape fell off and shattered. They used double side tape to hold a heavy piece of glass vertical, which also gets hot!! I was told the glass would be $70.95 but they will give it to me for $7.00. LOL. These folks come with anything. Also to waive a $95.00 home call fee. I asked a lady about other fees before repair showed up. Couldn't answers. That lady sent me to a different number. This thug sounding women said she couldn't help me and sent me back to the other number. The tech guy was an hour late and told me he gets paid by the hour from GE and stuck me with a 10 minute bill. A nice off the wall $100.98 dollars. Totally **. Completely blindside and ripped off!

I called GE and they couldn't fix the problem. Showed on my receipt to be over $500 glass. WHATEVER GE. Y'all work together to scam and not tell people the truth up front. These numbers make zero sense. So sick, because this repair could have been done myself but it was GE ** design so they needed to repair. Engineers are overpaid. I will stay away from GE and Haier company designs.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We bought the GE Double Wall Ovens 27 inch JK3500SF3SS in July 31, 2016. Lowe’s did install until about 6 weeks after we ordered them. First time they came with the wrong ovens. The top oven has started to buckle on the bottom and the ceramic coating is coming off. The heating element. Under the floor of the oven seems to be making the bottom convex. I have used the self clean A couple of times and it does not clean properly. They sent out a service guy and he said it’s nothing that I have done that is causing it.

I have never put anything on the bottom as the heating element is right under it. It does not bake evenly halfway through baking bread and quick breads. I have to turn my pan around. Lowe’s called and they are reimbursing for the ovens. No replacement offered. I think these ovens are dangerous. My kitchen get so hot when I use them. The service guy said he did think they were any danger. I will use the bottom oven until we can find a different wall oven unit.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 31, 2017

One year and two weeks after purchasing a GE JT3500SF3SS wall oven, I got a F-97 error code. The oven was stored for six months prior to installation, so usage was less than six months. Upon contacting GE Customer Service, I was told GE did not service my area. Then they inquired if the oven had been stored in a "Climate Controlled Environment." This was a very expensive oven and obviously one who's quality was lower than expected. I guess this is the reason they promote "Extended Warranties." I'm done with GE.

Original review: July 17, 2017

We purchased the (GE Radiant Heat Electric) range in 2014 and immediately had problems with the glass top which cracked within months of normal use. Fortunately, it was under warranty and was replaced. However, the issue today is not under warranty but the Range is two and a half years old. Last week the inner glass cracked and then shattered. It did not explode. Thank goodness. I don't think GE stand behind their products. I have been attempting to contact someone and finally did but was informed there was not a recall on my model and was given a number to call but am still on hold. I don't expect any assistance that will be satisfactory but I am going to try.

Original review: July 11, 2017

This GE microwave (Model #PEB7226SF1SS) came with the new home we bought in May, 2015. Worked for six months and then a connector was burned. One day smoke was coming out and food smelled like smoking plastics. I called in a GE technician and he found a burned out connector and replaced it. It ran for about 18/19 months and today it started malfunctioning. It's still warming food but continues to run when the door is wide open. This is so strange! I punched on the Cancel/Off button nothing happened. I cut off the power by turning the main off, and then on again but nothing happened. It continues to run when the door is wide open. Don't know what to do!!! I have used many other brands in the past but never had this strange problem. I remember using a Sears brand microwave for almost 15 years before it went bad, then a Panasonic for over 8 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: May 4, 2017

We purchased a new GE induction slide-in range from HHGregg and they are no longer in business. The stove was purchased in February of 2017, today the oven glass door exploded... Glass was everywhere. Exploded inside the oven as well as outside. I was on the phone to GE for over 55 minutes and am very dissatisfied with GE customer service. This occurred on Thursday May 4th. We were told they would get somebody out here to look at the stove and the damage the following Wednesday which was six days from the time the incident was reported. I found that to be unreasonable given the fact that I have glass all over my kitchen. I wasn't certain if I should try to clean up the glass or if somebody wants look at the pattern of the glass to try to determine exactly what caused this to explode. Extremely dangerous situation.

A representative from GE customer service offered us a $50 check, which is laughable, for the inconvenience of having to wait several days before somebody can come out and take a look at the damage. It was also suggested that they would probably repair or replace the door. This was a $3,000 stove. I am not going to accept a repair on a $3,000 stove. I want the stove replaced with a safe brand. Do not purchase GE products!!! Plus I cut my leg on glass!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We have had the GE Profile oven (JT930) for 6 years and has had to have the keypad/control module replaced twice at $500 cost each. This is at a 2nd home where the oven gets used <60 days per year. For 6 years that equates to about 1 year of actual use and yet has two keypad/control units replaced. Failures start as individual numbers/keys stop working then the whole pad. IE numbers 4 & 7 died first on latest keypad so can't enter any oven temps with a 4 or 7 so must go from 399 degrees to 501 degrees! Pretty worthless!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Bought our brand new home just over a year ago. With all new appliances. Decided to use the self cleaner on our wall over model# JT3500SF3SS. In the middle of the cleaning the inner glass shattered. Immediately turned off. Very dangerous and they want me to pay someone $99 to come look at it and then more for part and service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Purchased Date: July 25th 2016 GE Built In Electric Wall Oven - 30" Model# JT3000DF3WW. Contractor Install: August 15th 2016. Unit Used for the first time on: October 15, 2016. On October 27, 2016 the unit started beeping - Showed an error message (F 96). Called GE Repair on October 27, 2016 - Set up a repair service call for October 31, 2016. Service tech said it was a fan issue to keep from catching fire so it showed the (F 96) error. The fan was NOT working to cool down the oven. So the unit cut it off.

November 04, 2016 - Unit showed the same error code (F 96). Called GE Repair @ 1-800-833-4322. Spoke with a lady who transfers me to Consumer Relations Dept. I waited on hold for 29 mins-38 mins and 26 mins? No one answered so I called the warranty number @ 1-800-626-2224. They said they could not help me and sent me directly to the Consumer Relations Dept. I spoke with a young lady Tierra @ 1-800-386-1245 ext. **. Set Service Call up for November 09, 2016 between 8:00am - 5:00pm. I told her I wanted the oven out of my house. She informed me that unless the repairmen deemed the unit unrepairable... I would not get the oven replaced??? If it can continues to happen... I the consumer can do nothing about it!

GE @ Consumer Relations agreed to add an additional 3 mths warranty to my current one year warranty. Now I'm stuck in a situation that I have to purchase a additional extended warranty! I made it clear that I was forwarding this information to our attorney... If my house catches on fire I will have the attorney sue GE! I will NEVER NEVER purchase another GE product ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

Built a new house 2 years ago and had GE appliances installed in the kitchen. We barely use the bottom oven. We used the self-cleaning mode for the 1st time last week. The thermal fuse blew, which shut down both the top and bottom ovens. $500 cost to repair and replace fuse. Very upset with an oven only 2 years old that this would happen. Now concerned about ever using the Self-Cleaning mode.

Original review: July 26, 2016

We had A GE unit in our kitchen for several years. For the first three years, the oven was OK. After 5 years, the paint inside the microwave was peeling and the oven would not heat evenly, so we called a GE tech to take a look. Two techs and three weeks later, the heating element was replaced, but even so, the oven was never right again. After two more years, the oven light did not come on, the self-cleaning mode did not work, the turntable in the microwave did not turn and the paint in the microwave was terrible. I decided to call GE again. The first tech told me the oven could be repaired. After that, I never heard from him again. I contacted GE again, with the order number from the first visit; they sent out another technician, who knew nothing of the first and claimed the oven was irreparable. He gave me a number to GE, promising they would "make it right."

I called; the woman on the line informed me no help could be given without the model # from the label in the microwave, the very microwave in which the paint was peeling (Of course the label was pretty much illegible) and and she was pretty rude about it. I called again. The next woman told me she could give a $400 dollar discount toward a new one that costs 29,000!!! I asked her why one tech said it could be repaired, while the other claimed it could not.

She tracked down the order, told me they had the wrong number listed for the first visit (acted like it was my fault, though I gave the same number I did as for the second one and have the confirmation order to prove it), and did not realize, until my call on the phone, the cases were connected. What really kills me is she then said they determined the parts ordered would not work before I called. So, basically, she contradicted herself by claiming they did not know the cases were connected, yet has already determined it could not be fixed. So, yeah, be sure to avoid GE products like the plague!

Original review: July 6, 2016

I had purchased GE refrigerator, wall oven, dishwasher from a company online. Well in the first 3 months the oven had an issue. Called GE. They set up a service call. They didn't do their job correctly either. Almost had a fire. Under a year later another issue and GE began to say it was a third party. They had nothing to do with it. But they made the appointment. It is so amazing how they do not stand behind product or customer. Believe me I could have spent less and still had the same quality. But GE I thought would stand behind the product. The dishwasher is not cleaning property as well. So thanks GE. I understand that you used to be a great company. But customer service skills and your product are inferior.

Original review: July 1, 2016

Purchase price of this oven was $2,899.00, purchased from First Coast Supply in Jacksonville FL. When the oven was turned on the first time it made so much noise as to disrupt conversation and it released a great deal of heat into the room. I turned it off immediately and called GE expressing concern that it made a lot of noise and also that a great deal of heat was escaping into the room. They sent repairmen out four different times. The fan was replaced, the oven door and gasket were replaced, and the door hinges were replaced. The oven is a bit quieter now but our main concern is the amount of heat that is released (forced) into the room.

We measured the temperature of the air that is being forced into the room as part of the convection option at 110 degrees. When the technician was asked about this, he said it was normal and that if the oven is set on a higher temperature the temperature of the air which is forcefully blown out will be even hotter. Also the door gaskets still do not seal and heat escapes from the sides of the door as well as being blown out. The last technician insisted to us that this is normal. I have spoken with GE customer service numerous times and they also insist that it is normal for the oven to force 110 degree temperature air into the room. We first believed that the chassis was askew, not square, and that that was causing the problem but after being told repeatedly by GE that this is normal, perhaps it is. It may be normal but it is not OK.

I feel that GE has given us lip service. After coming to the house four times and not correcting the original concern they changed their effort from fixing the problem to convincing us that the problem is not actually a problem after all, that it is normal. I am completely frustrated. I will not use this oven because it makes my kitchen so uncomfortable to work in even with the air conditioner working double duty. I would like GE to make this situation right but I am also writing this review with the hope of saving others from wasting their money and wasting hours and hours and hours trying to get GE to stand behind their product and do the right thing.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

We purchased FIVE GE Profile slate-colored appliances late in the summer of 2015. We chose these based on their appearance and admittedly, they are very attractive and receive a lot of compliments. However, I utilized the self-cleaning feature for the first time in December 2015 after only a couple of months of actual use. I followed the directions and used the default setting of four hours. The result was an oven floor not clean, littered with white marks not removable and most upsetting, brown smears going in all directions. When I donated our last oven to Habitat for Humanity, it was at least 14 years old and immaculate. This one is unsightly and the company not only calls the problem "cosmetic", but has refused to publish my review. So much for reality-based reviews on their own website. I will never buy another GE product AND hope they will have to pay some income taxes in the near future. That would be some consolation.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

After using the "self-cleaning option" on my G.E. Wall Oven, the control panel would not shut off--it happened before (four years ago and the technician at that time did not tell me that using it would fry my control panel). I CALLED THE GE SERVICE DEPT. AND GAVE THEM THE MODEL NUMBER, THE SERIAL NUMBER, AND THE PART NUMBER (it was written on the receipt from four yrs. before). The service was scheduled for two weeks from the phone request. We assumed that he would have the part in his vehicle. He arrived, GLANCED at the stove and said "We don't carry parts for this model anymore; it will be $97.37." He did nothing! We had to pay the crook for nothing. What kind of a scam does GE have on sending service men out when they don't have the parts?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Purchased built in electric GE wall oven Jt1000DF3BB for my new house in May'15. Spilled grease baked on bottom. The steam clean feature did not touch the grease. Called GE, Marqita said nothing could be done about it. Terrible design flaw if you cannot clean your oven of baked on grease spills. Will not EVER purchase another GE product.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

GE Price Gouging on microwave replacement part: I own a GE microwave oven. It is 8 years old and operating fine except for a small plastic grip that snaps into the back of the door handle. The stays that hold this plastic grip in place broke off causing the grip to fall off. I thought this to be a minor problem easily fixed by contacting the GE Customer Service parts department. I spent about 3 hours total, both online and with phone conversations, trying to purchase this replacement part. GE will only sell the entire door handle, which a technician must install, and the minimum cost quoted was $312.00.

I was able to get this cost down to a minimum of $130.00 but this was still a ridiculous price for a part that probably cost less than $1.00 and that could be mailed to me to snap in place myself. My last call, on 10/13/2015, was to the CEO and Chairman's office in Fairfield, CT where I spoke to a Ms. Kelly **. Ms. ** told me "GE owes you nothing. Your appliance is reaching the end of its life cycle. Good Bye!" Wow!! From initial contact to the very top, GE made it clear they do not stand behind their products and they are not interested in helping customers fix anything. They only want to make you buy something new. SADLY, I AM A GE CUSTOMER NO MORE!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

Oven is built-in to the center section of an IKEA wall oven cabinet. The space above the oven gets so hot that baking tins stored there can't be touched solely by hand. The cabinet doors also get very hot. IR Temperature gauge shows surface of cabinet at 288 degrees. Will replace oven as soon as possible. In the meantime we keep the cabinet door open when oven is being used.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

I purchased a GE Profile stove 2 and a half years ago. We went with this model because it had 2 ovens and a convection setting. Neither the top oven nor the convection settings work properly. GE is located less than 20 miles from my house and they want 90.00 just to come look at the oven. I will not be purchasing any GE products in the future. Nothing but problems.

Original review: May 12, 2015

JTP30S GE Wall Oven - I am reading many of your responses regarding the GE wall oven, and have the same issue with the control panel. Heat from the oven door is escaping from the door panel and I'm certain that is the reason the panel is coming off. I went to Consumer Product Safety Commission website to see if there was a recall. Sure enough, GE had a recall for their wall oven units. Unfortunately, my model number was not listed. Check out the website... maybe yours is listed. If anything, place a report regarding your issues.

Original review: April 24, 2015

I had a GE technician check our oven. Just to have them come to my home they charge you $100. In the end nothing was wrong with the oven but I asked one question, how do you set the self clean on the top oven. He showed me, for this, they charged me $56. I called to complain and they wouldn't give me the money back and stated that it was 'educational' and that the information was in the owners manual. Next time I won't ask any questions. What are my rights as a consumer? Why can GE impose such high rates? Why can't I get my money back?

Original review: April 12, 2015

We built our home in 2000. Researched appliances and decided to go with GE Profile for the wall ovens and fridge. (1) The self- clean feature has NEVER worked. (2) We have replaced the mother board 3 times at a cost of $300 each time. (3) It currently is not working again... yet ANOTHER mother board? Are you kidding me? Really? This is so completely unacceptable I cannot even find the words to describe the continuous frustration we have with this particular product. Don't get me started about the fridge... The cost of the repairs, the wasted food when I cannot bake the item I have prepared. GE should be shut down. Period. Jobs??? Big deal... get another one - we have ALL been faced with the need to find a new job, career, etc with this economy. It's time GE was terminated for ripping off their consumers.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Double Oven JK5500DFBB4 - Purchased a replacement double wall oven with convection feature. Had previous oven for 10+ years before controller board died and couldn't find a replacement. The convection feature on this oven still doesn't work properly after 2 service calls so have scheduled a 3rd. Only using conventional back until this is resolved but warranty period will be up in 6 more months so now wish we had saved the money and avoided the convection feature entirely. Negative reviews on the GE site never get posted.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

The plastic push buttons on my GE wall oven have come off so you can't tell. The oven is only a couple years old. We looked online for a replacement panel and there are none. I see that GE has done away with this failed design. I think GE should somehow reimburse us for this because it shouldn't happen. My 89-year-old mother who lives with us likes to bake and can't even use the oven because the control panel is so messed up.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

The GE Profile double wall ovens were in my house when I purchased it. They were about 18 months old at that time. At this point, they are about 8 years old. I am single and use my ovens on a light and irregular basis. The lower oven is practically new. I liked the ovens and they suited my purposes until about year ago. The ovens started a beeping sound as an alarm to inform me the control panel was out. This happens repeatedly and you cannot stop it once it starts. It can beep all night long.

I called the local appliance store that carries GE appliances. They informed me that GE no longer had the control panel available for my ovens because they were "too old." I am used to appliances operating for over fifteen years. This is planned obsolescence on the part of a large corporation that markets its appliances as high quality, but in reality forces owners to send perfectly good appliances to the landfill for the want of a part that cost probably $300-400!! My son-in-law searched the internet and possible outlets in Denver, Colorado to see if he could find it anywhere. It was not available from any vendor, even used appliance vendors.

Now, I have had to purchase a new set of ovens which are obviously not a GE product (never again on this brand) to replace the GE ovens for the modest price of $3400 rather than $400. Thank you GE. In this day and age in the United States with the economy shaky at best for middle and lower income families, large corporations should better meet the needs of their consumers rather than taking advantage of them by building appliances that last ten years or less. I should be able to have my ovens fixed at a lower cost and not be forced into an unnecessary purchase.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I have only used the self-cleaning feature on this double wall oven 3 times in 13 years. I am afraid of it. The outer frame is burned from the high temp. Crap. GE makes crap! I fear that using this feature will start a fire next time! Each time the burns are more visible.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

GE Wall Oven JK5500sf2ss - After inserting oven racks in newly installed wall oven, the racks noticeable slanted towards the front of the oven and a double check with a level revealed that indeed the racks were a full bubble out of level while the oven floor was level. After contacting GE, they said they would not send out someone to look at the problem and instead sent 5 new racks. In the meantime, while baking for our business, an entire quiche nearly slid out of the oven. The new racks arrived, but are no different from the originals.

Original review: June 26, 2014

G E Electric Wall Oven Model# JTP25SOH6SS - The oven was put into my house by the builder September 2007. I always keep my oven clean so I only used my self-cleaning once and this is what happened. This was November 2011 as I was hosting Thanksgiving for my family. It was like an explosion, then it sounded like someone grinding rocks in the oven and smoke. My son-in-law performed magic so I could finish dinner. I'm only one person and I purchased Black & Decker Convection Counter Oven because I was scared to use my oven.

Then on Memorial Day Holiday (2014) my family wanted Eggplant Parm. Well it happened again, when the oven gets hot (well da), it happened again and he fixed it (temporarily). He said I needed to purchase a new fan motor ($100.00). Reading some of the reviews, this happens often. I'm a senior and live on SS a fixed income. I thought GE was a reliable product, I guess I'm wrong. If need be I will never purchase another GE appliance. This is the end of my story!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2013

GE Gas Wall Oven Self-Cleaning Model# JGRP20BEJBB - I purchased this unit from PC Richards, Hauppaugue, NY in June, 2010. At that time, I took out a 5 year Repair/Replace contract with PC Richards. I noticed in October 21, 2013 that a small clip that holds the bottom plate in the oven was rusty. I cleaned it off, but opened the clip, and removed the plate. Under the plate was another plate that seemed warped, and I removed that plate because I could still see rust under the bottom plate. When I removed that plate, the whole bottom of the oven above the draw is completely rusted on the front side only as if moisture had accumulated in this area, and the unit bottom is almost totally destroyed.

There is no way that moisture can get into this unit from my home. It has to be from precipitation that was not engineered out of these units when it was first developed by GE.

Having the 5 year warranty, I called PC Richards in Hauppaugue, NY, and spoke to Customer Service. They said that "RUST" is called out on the 5 year warranty as being their responsibility, but they said to call GE direct at 1-800-386-1215 Opt 5, and they may be able to do something for me. I told PC Richards that I have done business with them since 1967 purchase of most of my major appliances, and never had a problem to date and this unit has cost me over $1,200.00 with the installation, service coverage, delivery. I have purchased a lot of GE products from them.

I called GE and told the woman my problem. She got back to me and said that they would replace my unit for $576.53 complete. I asked her if this unit had been retrofitted so that the RUST problem I am having no longer exists, and she was honest enough to say she couldn't say that. I said why do I want to buy this unit if it is going to do the same RUST problem in 3 years. I have had other ovens here, Caloric, Amana, and they never had this problem in the past in this house (I've been here for approx. 31 years).

I said with this amount of replacement cost I was going back to PC Richards, and tell them what you had offered to sell me a new unit for, and see what they would say. I feel I shouldn't have to pay anything for this unit, and a new unit should be guaranteed to last longer by using good metal in the manufacture at this price for the unit.

I called PC Richards back with the offer from GE, and they won't even hear of it. I gave the lady there the reference # that GE gave me. They are standing on their RUST being indicated on their repair contract. This is not a little dab of RUST. It is about a 1/3 of the bottom of the whole unit. In summary, I bought a brand new unit from a known distributor, and a very highly rated manufacturer, and they have sold me a shoddy piece of equipment. I should have some recourse to get my money back, and to purchase a product that will hold up for 10 to 15 years at the price that I paid.

Original review: July 7, 2013

The wall oven purchased from GE has had the control panel bubble up and removed all button covers.

GE Wall Oven Company Information