Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Wall Oven Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have a GE Wall Oven with microwave 1.5 years old. I did a self cleaning and the cooling fan went out and now oven doesn’t work. Was informed by GE rep that they do not service my area anymore and I should look in the yellow pages for a repairman. I will never buy a GE product again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We purchased a custom 40-inch range with a double oven that now has rusted interior walls. I had complained about the rusted racks not realizing the interior walls would end up rusting as well. I spoke with a customer service representative who agreed to replace one of the oven racks. She made me understand that I had to pay for the other. Fast forward 2 years and not only have the new racks rusted, but the interior walls are in the same condition. Our last range held up over the years with no deterioration at all. We will NEVER purchase a GE anything again!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have had my double wall oven for 4 years and I started experiencing issues in year 2. Since then I've had the same issue (F97) code that is related to the fan not working. As of 10/11/19 I have paid $500 with my warranty company to keep this product somewhat operative. Each time I speak to GE Customer relations that continue to tell me that the oven is repairable. My reply is it repairable as long as I am paying $75 each time a service person is coming out to my house! I DO NOT recommend this product to anyone and I am 100% certain that I WILL NOT purchase GE Products ever again! Poor Quality!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Our GE Advantium Profile wall oven is less than two years old - and the oven function quit in July 2018. The microwave function still works. I immediately contacted GE, and they scheduled a service call. The tech came out, diagnosed the issue, ordered parts to be delivered to our home, and scheduled a call where he and another tech could pull the entire oven out and repair it. The parts arrived, and the techs returned. They pulled the oven out and decided they had the wrong parts and diagnosed a different problem. More parts were ordered and a new service call date scheduled. They left, saying that a single service tech would be able to fix it.

The lone tech comes today, pulls the oven part way out and says that he can't fix it by himself. So, we're looking at still another service date (next week is all booked, so it's the following week!). That will be service call number 4. They should have figured this out on the second service call. This isn't acceptable. I called GE Customer Relations and all they could do is offer us a 25% discount on parts. Lame. How about not charging for the service calls or parts. As in FREE? I'll never recommend a GE appliance.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

In our home for 4 months. Turned on our GE Profile oven, opened the door and the inner glass of the oven shattered. GE wants me to vacuum the glass out of the oven. It’s unsafe, I’m afraid I won’t get all the glass out. I’m still finding glass on my floor & they want me to feed my family out of this oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: July 3, 2018

Purchased a brand new house in July of 2015. With it came a brand new GE double wall oven model #JT5500SF3SS. We use the oven sparingly but after three years decided to use the self clean feature for the first time. Shortly after completing the self clean cycle, the oven completely shut off, the display screen is blank and the oven will not turn on.

I called “GE Service and Support” to find out they do not offer over the phone troubleshooting for this issue, they have no idea what may be wrong with the unit and want $150 to send out a service repairman to check the unit and tell me what may be wrong. To make matters worse the $150 will not be applied towards any repairs. I googled the issue online to find out this is a common problem reported by other consumers. Not only is this a product that should have already been recalled, GE knows this is a common issue and continues to charge customers for service calls and additional repairs for a faulty oven.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought a GE built-in combination wall oven in March of 2015 for more than $3,000.00. Microwave just quit one day about a month ago and the oven’s convection stopped working about a year ago. Only guaranteed for a year and the company won't stand behind its product. It was approximately 3 years old. I have kids in college and am fighting cancer, so I cannot afford to fix it. I tried talking to GE but they won't fix it. Total waste of money.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This is the worse experience I ever have with and Appliances, I am a homeowner and contractor. I will never buy again GE. I bought this Appliances (General Electric Wall combination oven and microwave) for my new custom kitchen 9 months ago and after six oven stop working. Since then I have technician in my home four times and can’t get this thing to work. Order parts after part. Weeks are going by and not oven yet, GE is not willing to replace it because they said is fixable. They replace every single piece and still not working. Please I advice you reading this review don’t buy from (GE). This company is the worst.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We purchased a top of the line GE double wall oven with convection in 2013. On January 1 of 2018, the control board went out when I tried to set an oven cleaning. My GE certified repairman had a huge amount of difficulty getting through to a GE service rep to figure out what the flashing code signified. Once identified, new parts ordered. New parts arrived but the new connecting cord did not fit new control board, and GE had no explanation. After more delays in getting answers from GE, my repairman cried uncle; sent back the new control board, and said he would NEVER service a GE repair. Now it is April 19, and I still have no oven. No response from GE. (I bought a Bosch double oven and hope this one lasts.)

Original review: April 16, 2018

We have had the GE Cafe Double Ovens for under two years, and continue to get a F97 Error Code for our lower oven. Any time I try to heat the upper oven, the lower oven error code comes on and shuts down both ovens. If I open the lower oven door, I can get my upper oven to work. But it often takes several attempts. I see that many others are experiencing the same issue. This is ridiculous after just 18 months.

GE Wall Oven Company Information