GE Wall Oven

GE Wall Oven
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

GE Wall Oven Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Wall Oven?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We had high end GE appliances installed in our new home in April 2015 and after moving in had constant problems, first with the Refrigerator and they were not able to fix it so we were provided with a replacement. At the same time we were experiencing problems with our wall oven. We had constant F76 error codes and three Control Boards were replaced over a period of six months. It seemed to fix the problem but intermittently we had problems with a F96 error code. Finally, Thanksgiving Day 2019 the oven reached an excessively high heat so hot that the face plate was hot enough to burn my finger while trying to switch the oven off. This is a safety issue in my opinion, what would happen if I had set the oven to clean and went to bed, could this possibly cause a fire, maybe!

According to our Service tech the cooling fan failed causing the oven to overheat, sensor failed and the oven was so hot, that it burned out the Microwave switch and now I don’t have a working oven or a working microwave. GE Consumer relations are USELESS, DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER! We sent pictures and very detailed explanation of the problems and asked them to refer issue to Eng. Dept. and get back to us. They finally got around to that 12/17 after numerous requests and within a few hours the response was incorrect installation. Installation manual proves that it was correctly installed so that is not the issue. Still have no answers to our questions why the heating fan failed; why the oven does not shut off when that occurs, why the microwave switch failed, why the convection oven fan turns on and off and is that the normal operation mode, and what they are going to do to rectify this situation????

We have had multiple conference calls only to have GE CS reiterate a list of probable parts we might need to fix the oven and microwave, no explanation and no empathy whatsoever. The real clincher Some of the parts are on backorder and we have NOT been given an estimated time frame for the parts, could be a few weeks more or few months and GE thinks this is acceptable. I will have been without an oven and microwave for a month on Wednesday 25th December. Thanksgiving was a disaster with a half cooked meal that had to be thrown out and lunch at Whataburger and it looks like Christmas will be canceled at our house all thanks to GE’s inferior quality products and their could care less attitude! It’s appalling to think this is how GE trains their Consumer Relations Reps. We have had nothing but...”it's out of warranty and we really don’t have to do anything.”

This is a catastrophic failure and GE should be accountable and responsible for this lemon. Instead they are giving us the runaround. They only warrant their products for 1 year, why because they cannot guarantee they will continue working after a year!!! Ours is a prime example! Our oven is now discontinued after 4 years...hmmn makes you wonder why? So what we have is a list of parts and never an explanation as to why we need the part and I am done talking to these bobble heads. I just want a new wall oven and microwave so we can have a functional Kitchen again. GE needs to stand behind their products and do the right thing otherwise we are allowing this company to rip people off!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Omaha, NE. We built our house in 2010 and furnished our Kitchen with all High dollar GE appliances, first mistake. Our Convection wall oven is rarely used, maybe 2-3 a month. In 2013 I decided to use the "self cleaning" option and the oven overheated as the fan stopped working. $450 later we had to replace the fan. In 2015 my husband went on a popcorn streak and used the "popcorn" option on our convection oven/microwave combo and the fan stopped working, our repair man said the sensor on the auto cook options work by sensing moisture and popcorn has so little it burns up the fans (then why have this option on your product?), $450 later we replaced the fan. Are you starting to see a pattern????

In 2017 the power board in our dishwasher stopped working and it was going to cost $500+ to replace it so we bought a new dishwasher, NOT GE!! IN 2018 the burner switch on our gas range stopped working and had to be replaced and $300+ later we got a new switch. Well this week (week before Christmas) I hesitantly did the "self cleaning" option again thinking it was a fluke the last time and once again the fan went out. $450 later I have a new fan. No help from the GE customer service and since our "barely used" appliances are out of warranty GE is unwilling to help!!!! My warning to anyone looking into buying GE appliances for their home...DON'T!!! Unless you like spending $500 a year to have them repaired!!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

GE combination microwave convection oven. F96 error code motor speed control, oven will not turn on cooling fan with just under two years of use. Multiple parts, FAD board replaced, machine control board, door switch locking assembly replace, wiring checked, motor checked, unit will not start motor in bake broil and convection. Motor resistances checked, motor runs in cleaning mode. No one has an answer on how to fix. More than likely will throw out and replace with a KitchenAid unit. Never never purchase a GE product.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Appears I am having the same exact problem with my GE Oven and they wanted over $450 to repair. I am researching options and am considering replacing it even though only 4 years old. I agree GE should be doing something about it. Recall? Offer replacement parts at no charge but afraid it will continue to be a recurring problem.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My 3-year old double wall oven (valued at over $3,000) has been down since December 21st. It's now March 12th and I still do not have a working oven. When I asked consumer relations for further explanation about why my case was closed and no additional follow-up was sent to me, they just said, "Sorry about that," and that there was nothing further they could do for me except set up my service call next week. I have had a box of parts since February 26th with NO communication from you on when you planned to install. I will NEVER purchase another GE appliance and furthermore, I will be contacting everyone that I know, both on social media and in person and telling them about the poor experience that I have had with your company.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We bought these GE white electric double wall ovens (Model JT3500DF3WW) after our 20 yr. old Jenn-air oven's door broke due to an accident and a replacement door was no longer available. These ovens are not quality ovens. After the first time I used the self clean option, everywhere the racks hit the side walls the enamel had broken down and come off! Now, after just 2 years (we are just starting into our 3rd year) I called GE to tell them that our ovens had the F96 code coming up which caused the oven to shut off and that it was beeping. I came to find out it was the blower fan that cools the oven down that was the problem.

However, the GE customer advocate said there was no known problem recorded with these appliances and that there was nothing they were willing to compensate me for since our warranty had expired. This is interesting considering when we ordered the replacement part it has the design changed and we also have to order a new electrical board as well? GE seems not to see the reviews and same complaints on the same issue and won't take responsibility for the quality of the products they make. It is not believable with complaints on this site over and over again. They are unaware of the issue and redesigning the part only solidifies their knowledge, as well as showing their lack of concern for the customers. They have sold these defective ovens to by not being willing to compensate for replacement of a factory made faulty part!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I bought my home new last year with all GE appliances which was a HUGE bummer because they make garbage. Little did I know how much of a bummer it was... and this wall oven combo is the last of the appliances that are getting the BOOT!! My dishwasher leaked the 1st time we used it and it leaked all over my wood floor and ruined the floor which required replacing. To the dump. The fridge leaked in the water dispenser we replaced BOTH with KitchenAid that we now love! I have a 2017 wall oven microwave combo model# PT7800 and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the shelves in and out of this oven. They added a tiny bottle of graphite to tun along the runners and they are STILL A ROYAL PAIN!! The self cleaning left all kinds of debris and the door is filthy and still cover with grease even after using Greased Lightning afterwards.

The microwave oven is impossible to reach to the back to clean and the timer doesn't work. The GE stove top was replaced with a Wolfe because the GE is also a pain to clean and scratches horribly if you even look at it. Who manufactures a GAS stove that is so delicate also a pain to clean!! If you get water on the heating elements they sputter until you can dry them and the grates scratch the heck out of the top. My old Wolfe was a breeze compared to this thing.

Now that I see all these super negative reviews I am worried we will be replacing our oven sooner than later and so I am going out and paying for a new oven that is NOT GE. So add everything up and I am having to pay over $13,000 to replace the crap the builder put in. Pissed that I have to buy all my appliances again but oh well! BTW we LOVE our Speed Queen W/D set. The absolute best thing we ever did 30 years ago and just replaced them this year. Do whatever you have to to get these washer and dryers!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Brand new... 4 month old GE Profile double oven model number PT7550sfss. Out of the four months it's been down almost half the time. Service people are perplexed about why the unit is shutting itself down. Boards have been replaced. Then when it seemed to be working correctly we put the self cleaning option on and after about 45 minutes it shut down. Tech said there were other parts of the oven now have to be replaced. Some "neutral" piece had to be replaced and again with more new boards. LED panel does not work either now. After the new parts again are put in next week we'll see what happens but I think we're heading down a path of a new oven... We hope. And reading other reviews this seems like a very similar issue on this model. Hope GE does the right thing.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

GE wall oven GE F96 code. New home oven less than 2 yrs! Junk GE wants $470 to repair. Tons of complaints. This should be recalled for the faulty fan... Will never buy GE and sure as hell will not pay them $470 to repair this junk!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Just like everyone else my brand new GE profile double wall oven pt9800SH4SS has a cooling fan error and shuts off the oven. To save everyone the trouble just read the reviews. Same thing happened to me. Had to pay $99 for them to come do the service call only for them to tell me they don’t have the part on hand. Said it’s a 2 man job and quoted me $472 for a job that should be free! My home is a new build.

My warranty ended June 30, 2018 and my oven stopped working in January. Only 6 months after the watery expired. GE doesn’t offer extended warranty for their own products because they don’t back their own products. Ordered the part and then waited a week later to find out that the part that came did not have all the pieces on it. Now they are ordering another part and I have to wait another week or two without a working oven. $472 for a fix that should hold up a lot longer than 18 months. For heaven's sake my $20 reusable water bottle has a longer warranty than my $5000 oven. Don’t buy their product and spread the word. This oven should be recalled.

GE Wall Oven Company Information