GE Service Contracts

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had a defective oven liner, they sent the same part 3 times and damage every time until I called customer service and they asked FedEx to ship it with extra caution. We had a service tech come out randomly with no phone calls or notification to check on the part. We then call and they say these appointments have all been scheduled and I said it wasn't with me or my husband but the last time when they actually fixed it, 45 days without oven, they were very disgruntle. We had a damage part still there from that week that was delivered they wouldn't take and said they couldn't take cardboard, lol... the box the damage item sat in, and left a mess behind and just bad attitudes.

The guy take the actually over liner and puts it in his truck and then talks to my husband with his line that it is what it is and we shut our garage door and went inside, well our cameras picked up him coming back and dropping off that piece he replaced back into our driveway and walked off. We've now sat with promises of phone calls for 4 days and not one call back. We've called into the ext, got a person that answered today that was very defensive and she said she didn't know why we were upset. We hung up and she said our rep would call us in 48 hours.

We purchased a GE "laundry center" about a month ago. After a few days, it stopped as soon as it was filled with water and never entered the wash cycle. We had to fiddle with the controls to get it to empty. Upon calling GE service we discovered that it would be 10 days before we could have a technician at our house. I called to complain since we are in our 70's and it is quite an inconvenience to have to go to a laundromat.

They said they would have a technician at our house tomorrow. Then they called on the morning to say he was ill and that the original appointment was reinstated. Of course the window they give you is 8 to 5 pm so someone has to remain home the entire day. The technician arrived 10 days later and after inspecting the unit suggested that it was a "cord issue". So I replaced the cord myself to no avail. The tech then said he would have to order a part and that it would be another week. The appointment was set with GE. The day arrived and the technician showed up looking for the part which was supposed to have been sent to our house (no one told us this).

Since the part was not there he could not repair the machine. He told us that he was going to come back in two days. That day arrived but we had not heard from him or GE. I called GE and after dodging the usual robo-responses I was able to reach a human being by persistently and relentlessly pushing the "0" button. They told me that my appointment had been rescheduled for the following Wednesday. The part had not yet been delivered to the warehouse in Georgia, even though it had been shipped from Kentucky. I asked what carrier they used who would take 10 days to ship something from Kentucky to Georgia but I did not receive a coherent answer.

So now it will be three entire days that one of us will have to stay home, and we still have no confidence that the machine will be fixed. I did manage to get them to send us a check for $40.00 for the laundry bills! What a joke! DO NOT buy GE products. First of all, they are not really GE products anymore. The company is owned by the Chinese. Their idea of customer service is stone-age, and they care not a whit about their customers.

I would never willingly purchase GE because I'd always heard about how awful their products are. Now I know first hand because the new home I purchased came included with all GE Monogram appliances. Within 1 year, my dishwasher broke, my cooktop broke, and my microwave oven broke. I had them all serviced with little to no improvement.

The techs would blame power outages or local construction for reasons why things were malfunctioning instead of actually fixing anything, not to mention, they would often miss their appointment times. The whole thing was so frustrating and they drag it out to past the year mark, where they don't have to take responsibility anymore (as if they ever did). Do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY GE, and if you have the unfortunate luck of having it, be prepared to purchase a new set in a different brand sooner than later (like Whirlpool or LG).

We bought washer machine from Home Depot for our clinic 3 months ago. The wash machine was starting to make noise and we called GE Service for repair. They came and looked our wash machine. They said that we would need to get a new motor part but they will not honor our warranty because the machine is resided in our business, even if it is 1 year manufacture warranty. So, do not buy any appliances from GE for your business!!!

Our GE refrigerator stopped working due to what an electrician determined to be a power surge. We contacted GE and purchased a new main board. That did not fix the fridge. We contacted GE again to have a technician come (the refrigerator is 4 years old) and the earliest appt. was 4 days later. We were given a 4 hour window for service. After waiting for 3 hours and 20 minutes, I left my phone to use the bathroom. The technician called, I missed the call but tried calling back within less than 6 minutes.

All the numbers for GE only sent me to computerized support. My appt. was automatically cancelled because of the missed call. When I put my appt, confirmation number in to get information, I was cycled through "We have no records of this appt. " because it had already been cancelled. After calling the following numbers (470-330-5397, 866-478-8719, 800-432-2737, 770-795-7410) and waiting for over 40 minutes to speak to a human, I was told that my appt. was cancelled and could be scheduled for 5 days later. Customer service should be just that, helping the customer. In no way has GE done so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

My family purchased top of the line GE washer/dryer end of year 2013 making these models 3.5 years old. The pair was $2200 after discounts before setup/taxes. A significant investment for our family. The washer had 1 minor repair less than 1 year in... then a week ago it began making very loud noises during the spin cycle and began leaking any liquid detergents or softeners onto the floor as soon as they were poured into the dispenser. I was traveling so my wife was waiting for my return so I could deal with coordinating the repair. Before I could return and coordinate the repair, my wife calls and tells me that she just watched the dryer burn up its control board -- smoking and glowing orange behind the panel right before her eyes. She quickly unplugged it and stopped the internal fire. We were fortunate that she hadn't set the dryer to run and gone outside... We might be replacing much more than appliances!

I return home that evening and the next day the local dealer/service center where we purchased the appliances takes a look and indicates that neither item is worth repairing as the cost of the repairs would be more than 2/3 the original purchase price and we would still have machines that were at higher risk for additional failures and no warranty. $2200 (plus setup and taxes) gone, after 3.5 years. Dealer/service center recommends contacting GE consumer relations immediately and gives us the information to do so. Before calling them, I do some research. Consumer Reports, etc. and find that washer and dryer manufacturers, including GE, state that the typical life of their products is between 10-13 years on average... not 3.5.

I call GE. Got a very nice representative name Crystal. Crystal could only offer me discounts on parts (what about the labor, which can be as much or more???) or a $100 rebate to use toward GE washer/dryer. This is not acceptable, GE has our $/benefit of our buying yet we have only 1/3 the benefit the industry expects us to receive by their own expectations! After several holds, asking for a supervisor, getting a long hold, then no supervisor, Crystal comes back and says that's all she can do -- some parts discounts or $100 rebate to buy more GE. Really?

So I emphasize that GE has our $/benefit of the sale but we don't have the benefit of our purchase. She responded that GE does not have our $ but that local dealer/service center does? What? GE just gives the dealer/service stores their appliances out of the goodness of their heart so the dealer can make all the $? I had no idea GE was a 100% charitable organization... So I checked and they are not incorporated as a charitable organization or a non-profit or even a not-for-profit. GE Appliances reported $6.34 B in revenues in 2015 and nearly $800 M in profit... I guess they do have my $! Bottom line -- Expensive GE Washer and Dryer -- "Made in USA" -- doesn't come with commensurate expectation of value and customer service. Now GE is sold to Chinese appliance conglomerate Haier -- I doubt quality/value and customer service are going to get better...

My GE Advantium was manufactured in 2015 and had the door handle drop off. I now have two options according to GE Escalation Consumer Department. GE will cover the cost of the new door... $100.00 but not the cost of service call or labor... another $200. They will offer a discount in a new machine... same model, to the cost of $800.00. This is Incident # ** dated June 12, 2017. The Advantium is a highly rated and very costly appliance, so it is very disappointing for us to have to pay $200 at least to have it fixed. Also, there is no service contract offered for a 2-year-old machine. I intend to take my complaint to the very highest consumer authority available and will do my utmost to dissuade anyone from using and GE product.

On May 3rd we noticed that our microwave is very hot and there is a loud noise. Called GE and got an appointment two weeks later. At that appointment, the technician has determined that the problem is with one of the parts, which he ordered and it was replaced on May 31st. The cost is $297 so far. The part is under 5 years warranty and my microwave combo unit cost is around $3,000 and is only 3 years old. We believed that the unit does not need replacement and the part replacement will resolve the issue. However, after using my microwave only once, the same symptoms have resurfaced (with the replaced part).

I called GE and they offered an appointment for June 19th (another wait for 3 weeks). I called their complaints department and got an appointment for June 9th. On both occasions, I notified GE that there is fire hazard in the house, the smell of burned plastic is terrible and we have to turn off the electricity switch to avoid fire. They ignored the urgency completely. I will follow up on this complaint after June 9th, but I have never encountered the service worse that GE has to offer. We spent countless hours on the phone with their service reps taking us away from work. This is completely unacceptable.

These guys find the cheapest incompetents to send to my home. The "repairmen" appear to be in business to collect the service fee and not to repair the appliance. Which suits Assurant just fine, because then they pay only the service call and stiff arm the homeowner. On my most recent call, Assurant left me on hold for 33 minutes and then simply hung up. No call back. Be especially cautious about REFRIGERATOR or FREEZER repairs. They sent out an incompetent, who among other screw-ups - diagnosed the problem as requiring unnamed/unidentified/undescribed "parts" and then saying it would be a week before he could get them. We live in the 3rd largest city in the US. It does not take a week to get a GE refrigerator part in Houston, Texas. STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOLKS.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We paid almost 700$ for a PEB1590SMSS Profile convection microwave, and we loved it. But, after 3.75 years it needed a new motherboard & microswitch. Now, it's 4.5 years old and it needs a new harness! In addition, to the expensive microwave, we paid almost 300$ for the trim kit. It seems we have a lemon and we don't want to keep paying for more and more costly repairs, not to mention the hassle for waiting for repair guys and being without a microwave! But it seems like we need to buy a new microwave and trim kit!?

All our appliances are GE Profile, and we want to keep our appliances consistent, but don't want to pay for a new expensive microwave and trim kit every 3 years! It seems like GE is trying to scam customers by discontinuing their products and forcing customers to buy new versions, when their faulty products fail. For such an expensive item, I expect it to last at least as long as a cheap microwave, not half as long! We can't even relate how disappointed we are with GE!

In late 2015, we built a house and outfitted the kitchen at Home Depot with refrigerator, gas stove, microwave and dishwasher from GE. We bought a service contract for the refrigerator. In less than 18 months, problems began. One year after installation, the refrigerator defrost fan failed. It took eight weeks(!), over 30 phone calls, four service visits (the first damaged the unit beyond repair) and ultimately the sacrifice of our service contract to get a replacement refrigerator (the first one delivered was the wrong unit). The second repair person said the first repair person did not know what he was doing by replacing a defrost fan with the incorrect unit. We suffered over eight weeks without a refrigerator over the Thanksgiving/XMas season!

Next the microwave stopped working (and GE offered a new unit for over $300!). Now the dishwasher does not dry the dishes and the utensil basket continuously falls off the rack. Finally, the stove will not always ignite in the broiler. We have two friends building houses and have warned them about GE appliances. We have reported our circumstances to our Home Depot store and its headquarters. Some form of compensation for the literal dozens and dozens of hours dedicated to repairs, replacements and frustration are warranted. We will continue to boycott GE and say to anyone who will listen regarding our misfortunes. Complimentary service to our dishwasher and stove would be the first thing the company can do to rebuild its reputation.

I purchased a GE washer six months ago. It stopped draining water after three weeks of light use. GE sent a repair person, he fixed it and told me that it was a "Design flaw" related to the impeller. The washer has worked fine for the past five months (3 to 4 loads per week). Sunday, 5/7/17, it began making a screeching noise during the "Wash cycle", and an occasional banging noise. Monday, 5/8/17, I called GE Service and Repair. After speaking to several people there, and being put on hold numerous times, I was told, curtly, that it would be two weeks before it would be convenient for them to send a repair person.

I called corporate headquarters in Fairfield, CT., was given the same spiel. GE is a joke! They do NOT operate in good faith, they are so big, they do whatever they feel like. PS: For the past three months, of my six-month ownership of the wash, each month I receive a letter regarding an extended warranty - HaHa, they don't even want to honor their manufacturers' warranty!

I called GE repair service to come out to fix my oven and microwave. I waited 4 hours and 45 minutes for the serviceman to say, "I can't fix your microwave, and the stove will cost over 500. Better buy a new one." Then, he charged me $109. FOR WHAT? He stayed less than 3 minutes. RIPOFF COMPANY.

I have been requesting that my dryer be repaired since 04/10/2017. I have called everyday requesting COMMUNICATION about my dryer being repaired. GE sent a company called T&T to repair my dryer, it was not getting hot enough, but it was working. After the repair man left the dryer will not spin. I have called T&T everyday, but their phone number is not accepting calls. I have called your company everyday, requesting the problem be resolved. I have been told by David, Blake, Jenny, Shella, Chelsa, Kelly, Hillary this is just to name a few employees that I spoken with. I would be receive a call back.

I did receive a call back 04/17/2017 to tell me that an email was going to be sent to T&T and I have to give them 2 days to respond. But I would get a call back. No COMMUNICATION unless I call. I have been REQUESTING your company take care of this matter. This is the WORST WORST company I have ever had to deal with. I have always paid my premium. I had been a good customer. I want my dryer fixed back the way it was. I just want you hold up your end of the bargain. How would you like to be treated like this by a company you thought was a good company to service you needs?

GE Cafe Series dishwasher and stove. Two out of 3 of these appliances have given me problems in the first 6 months. The dishwasher's electrical panel is already broken. I will never ever order from GE again because they expect me to wait 6 days for service (just as bad or worse than Brandsmart). Nothing is more important than customer service. I wanted to buy an American product but the GE customer service availability is so bad I regret it. To be clear, customer service is very nice and they do their job. The company has simply decided not to have enough repair people as they would rather pocket the profits than provide good quality service. I'm not waiting 6 days for someone to come check my dishwasher. That's just disgusting to think that I could wait that long. Not buying your GE products will show you what we think of your service. I had to jump through hoops to get faster service when it should have been offered up front.

Called GE repair for dishwasher that was under warranty. Waited on hold forever. Rep wanted to know model & serial number. That seemed ODD as I sent in a warranty card with that info & telephone system KNEW my name & address even BEFORE I spoke with someone. I didn't have serial number. When I listened to a confirmation number I was told that There would be a trip charge of about $109. I called back to cancel & was told that was the "system" response without a serial number. OK. Repair guy shows up. Says he will order hinges (L&R). LARGE package shows up about one week later. Parts are wrong! TWO left hinges & a DOOR???

I call to cancel appointment for the next day. I was told someone would CALL ME to ensure that correct parts would be ordered & reschedule repair. NEVER happened. I had to call & wait on HOLD AGAIN. I told rep that I was not going to wait around all day for someone to show up to repair the dishwasher. I wanted someone at a specific time. "Can't do that" they say. Will try to make as a first appointment in the day & will call ahead to me. "OK", I say. Incompetent & Uncooperative. IF, IF I'm available, I will let them repair it. If not, I'll fix it myself & sell the extra door that they sent me.

I contacted GE service department to schedule an appointment for my washing machine. I told them it was the knob and the timer. They said, 'We can't guarantee the technician will have those parts." I asked: "Why not?" I was told that is just the way they do things there at GE. I told them to not waste my time and make me take time off from work if the technician cannot come with these parts. The technician came and removed the knob and the timer from washing machine, went out to his truck and said: "I do not have the parts." I was told I would have to take off again from work the following week or wait three (3) weeks for a Saturday appointment.

My supervisor would not allow me to take another day off for this. I was billed $99.95 for a service I never received! I disputed this and they reduced this charge to $50.00. I am disputing this charge of $50.00 because I NEVER received service! I took time off from work and the technician broke my washing machine. I was able to jiggle the knob and get it to work prior to the technician removing the knob and the timer. I am disputing this charge. Please help. Thank you.

My washer and dryer was brought as a house warming gift. The second time using my washer it locked the lid. Keep in mind that it was still full of water and clothes. To this day I am still waiting on someone to come at least look at it and tell me the problem. Take my advice and never buy GE again.

We had a problem with our GE Washing Machine that is less than two years old. The serviceman (Rocky) came, charged us $168.00 to do nothing either relevant or practical. He adjusted two front feet and said he was leveling the machine which would fix the problem. He left and he was wrong. We got him to come back and he adjusted the front feet again and said that would take care of the problem. He was wrong. Fed up, we contacted another repair service (non-GE) and the service technician who identified the real problem and did in turn fix the machine. Beware of GE in home service on Washing Machine in Connecticut, it is a dog and pony show with ripoff pricing.

I had a service call for a light that was out on my GE Monogram oven. The screw would not come out when I tried to change the bulb myself. The GE employee told me that what was wrong was a part and that the part was no longer made. Today, an electrician was able to get the screw out and found that it was just a bulb that needed to be replaced. I called GE and had to spend an hour waiting, each person refusing to refund the charge for the service visit, which included only the man opening the oven door and seeing that the light did not go on. He did not attempt to unscrew the light cover. I ultimately spoke to a supervisor who also refused, Nicholas ID# **. I am appalled and want to warn everyone away from this company.

My dryer broke, called and scheduled a GE repair. They gave me an 8 am-5 pm window for repair. They called me and I was working from home and on the phone. I called back within 5 minutes and they said they would have to RESCHEDULE, the repairman already left the area... This is not ok. What company gives someone an all day window, then doesn't give that person the ability to call them back. My husband called and said "is this a joke." They said "NO, it's our policy. If you don't answer the phone then we move on." After reading these reviews, I am going tonight to buy a new dryer, NOT A GE! Done with this joke of a company. I feel for people taking time off from work for these repairs.

I have a GE refrigerator purchased in 2013. It is 3 1/2 years old. I bought an extended warranty on refrigerator from Brandsmart but today when I needed help I got nowhere. The drawers made of plastic have pieces that broke off in removal for cleaning. The freezer shelf keeps falling down because it is too small. I called GE because I was told none of this falls under the extended warranty. No help.

I had to buy a replacement drawer and when I called their customer service department about how to put the vegetable drawer back in the refrigerator (it doesn't go back in) they told me I must have broken something or am not doing this correctly. I have been to this rodeo before as I am 70 years old. I have NEVER had a problem re-assembling my refrigerator for cleaning.. I was given no help except to call a repair man for a drawer that is NOT broken. I will never buy GE or buy anything from Brandsmart again. They both are a bitter pill to swallow. Buyer beware!!

I purchased a refrigerator during the holiday season when families are very busy. I visually inspected the refrigerator upon receiving it. However, I did not run my hands along the side where the defect lays. There are waves on the side panel and the fridge makes a constant buzzing sound. A technician was sent out to address the noise but said he could do nothing about the waves. Although very curt he acknowledged the waves were not dents from delivery or abuse. He proposed I was "arguing a moot point", basically not wanting to address the annoying buzz coming from the appliance suggesting if I was planning to call customer relations then I'd be getting a new refrigerator.

Well, I called customer relations. I got Jennifer who was also very rude, even taking to yelling at me. I then called back and asked for a supervisor. After explaining my situation to Evan I got Danielle. Which I then explained my situation again. I sent pictures via email of the defect. In the end, I was told this was all cosmetic and the warranty does not cover dents which are cosmetic.

I did not spend money on a used, refurbished, reconditioned, dented, or defective refrigerator. Cosmetic as you call it - it is defective. I did not manufacture the refrigerator, GE did. I expect GE to take pride in their quality. This is not the quality of work you should be putting out. This is substandard quality assurance. Do not put onus of responsibility on the customer to catch all of your defects. You didn't! Your employees do not have the right to be rude to or yell at your customers. I chose GE over Samsung because of Samsung's history of terrible customer service. I see that GE offers no better. I am doing a complete kitchen remodel. I will be returning your dishwasher, this refrigerator will go to the garage and I will not be purchasing anymore GE appliances.

We bought an GE Profile double oven 5 years and 3 months ago. Of course our 5 year extended warranty expired and appliance stopped working 3 months later. The next 3 1/2 weeks have been nothing but a big mess dealing with ge service. First service called on 1/19/17, lasted about 15 minutes cause I had to remove cabinet to get stove away wall. Service person said he could not wait and left. Stove was pulled from wall 2 minutes after he left. After this first service call I've had 4 service calls cancelled, by GE for no apparent reason. Finally on 1/27, another service person came out and had to order parts. Parts arrived and another appointment was set up for 2/6/17. They just left and need to order more parts. So as of this writing still no working stove/oven.

I have never been treated so poorly by customer service, I've been lied to, hung up on. I will NEVER purchase another GE product again. Been 3 weeks without a range and they are coming back on Thursday. I guess they don't know what they're doing just changing parts until they finally get the right one. Sad when you pay 1700.00 for a range and it only last 4 years then you are told you'll probably have to replace.

GE appliances was bought out by a Chinese company, Haier - a company well known in the US for its low quality products and total lack of product support. You can find many Haier products at Walmart. This occurred in June 2016. Consumers are advised to get an extended warranty from reputable sources such as Square Trade which are almost half the cost of Assurant, a non Haier company with a reputation almost as bad as Haier.

Be very careful when you purchase a water heater with the name Redeem. When you have a warranty issue (and you will). You will be treated very badly, talked down to. Nobody will listen to your problem or concerns. They read from scripts and that is it. Yes there are two side to every story. GE/Rheem contracts with only one company in the greater Orlando area. They offer (push you to) a $125.00 "Go find your own guy". That way GE/Rheem side steps their warranty (then it belongs to your guy). At the end you are left with a piece of metal and cold water. Service Master is another story, if you hear the name of this company "RUN". Not sure how all this will work out.

Bought a gas dryer from Home Deport. GE model GTW460. Quit after 6 months. Then tried to get GE to repair under warranty. Laughable game that they play. Actually had a repair company assigned and a work order and when I talked with the repair company, they informed me that they reject all GE warranty calls as GE fails to pay them for their work. This will be the last GE product I ever buy. Have gone to Lowe's and dragging this piece of crap out of my house. This is just the first step in a campaign against GE that I will enjoy pursuing...

I have a piece of crap GE dishwasher that is 1.5 years old. It will not turn on. It keeps giving me a "locked controls" error message. GE is worthless and will now send a repairman that I must pay for what is technically a brand new dishwasher. This appears to be an electrical issue. Same as I've had with my GE Profile. What is going on with GE? Are they going out of business? They truly should if their appliances only last 1.5 years.

I have bought all rooms ac in hotel at my 2 hotel. So sorry that we decide to go with name brand GE??? So disappointed. Bought 50+ ac unit with additional 5 year warranty. Ever since we bought this we had to call them several time. Never on time or so late response. After year or so they won't come to repair neither return phone call. STRONGLY ADVICE TO EVERYONE NEVER BUY ANY APPLIANCE FROM THEM. NO GE APPLIANCE IN OUR RENTAL PROPERTIES.

The GE company sells garbage products! I made the mistake of buying all my kitchen appliances (6 appliances) from GE in April 2016. Since then, the fridge broke in July 2016 and I couldn't close the door. GE gave me service date for two weeks later. My fridge was on with a open door for two weeks. In October the dishwasher and convection oven broke. I tried making service appointments. The service guy came and diagnosed the problem and told me he has to order the parts and will come back to fix it. Since then, the parts arrived. However the service guy cancelled the service appointments three times.

The last service call was scheduled this past Friday January 6, 2017 from 8:00 AM-12:00 PM. The guy never showed up. I called the service center and after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes, the guy tells me that the service guy knocked on the door at 3:16 PM and nobody answered. I asked the representative "the appointment was scheduled for the morning." He tells me that I can reschedule or speak to consumer services. I was transferred to consumer services and waited for an hour on the phone before finally hanging up. All consumers should take my advice. Don't buy GE products! They break after a few months and then there is no one to talk to. I will never buy a GE product again!!!

GE Service Contracts Company Profile