GE Service Contracts

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

GE Service Contracts

216 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

I made the mistake of buying a new GE washer and dryer. 6 weeks later the dryer is dead. Scheduled a service appointment for today and waited for hours. The technician said he tried calling me multiple times and I didn't answer so he canceled my service appointment entirely. The service center call associates couldn't care one bit if their technician lied or not. There is complete apathy from that entire service sector. Will never buy another GE appliance ever again.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Worse call center ever. It is a hoax. 855 426 7843 is the number, GE should be shamed for the existence of this call center. Purchased a fridge from Costco, very limited delivery option. Costco suggests to call GE delivery directly and actually transferred the call. Nightmare started, 2 hours holding and still counting...

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I am having trouble with my washing machine. Have filed multiple complaints, reached out to them on social media, but they are not fixing the issue. Whenever the customer representative guy comes, they tell me that thats what you get for the amount you paid. The Washing Machine makes a loud noise, as it is about to burst. Customer repair representative tells me that this is due to imbalance. What is the point of it being a machine if I need to stop the machine, move clothes to balance it. I am under the impression this is a product flaw and now GE is blaming its customer for choosing this product. Model Number: GTW490ACJWS.

Original review: March 12, 2019

A person driving a GE Appliance Repair vehicle crossed over double yellow lines and sideswiped my vehicle. The driver never stopped! I had to pay $180 out of my pocket for the damage caused to my mirror. I tried to file a claim with GE but they would not pay it because they told me they didn't know who the driver was. It's hard to give them that information when the driver never stopped, which I thought was illegal. Apparently they don't care so don’t bother calling the 1-800 number on their vehicle!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Our 29 year old GE fridge broke down so we thought it was a good time to replace all 4 kitchen appliances. We actually stayed away from GE based on business news but in the end were talked into GE Cafe by salesperson. We should have stuck with our original choice. Upon delivery, the fridge and range were damaged. GE customer service immediately wanted to send service technician. It was incomprehensible to me how brand new appliances that weren't even plugged in needed to be fixed!! These are not cheap appliances. After dealing with customer service, they agreed to send in new fridge that too was damaged! It was refused and sent back. A month later still no fridge as I will not buy from GE.

They would not replace range so after almost 2 weeks of dealing with customer service, a service technician will be sent in a week. It's unbelievable the lack of quality control in this company. Customer Service is in Mexico and getting them to return messages was stressful. GE (owned by MABE) has no pride in its products. It is shameful how customers need to fight for something that they purchased to be in working order. I wish I could return all GE products and start all over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased a GE Gas Range within the last year. Two months ago unit started leaking gas. Local utility (Con Ed) came and turned off gas. GE service has now come 4 times to repair. Replaced part but still leaking. Each time I must have Con Ed return to check and shut off gas. So far, I have missed work 8 days - 4 times for GE repairman and 4 times for Con Ed. The last time (2/27/19) I was told by GE repairman that he cannot locate leak. He called GE and recommended replacement unit. GE refused saying he needed to keep replacing parts until unit is fixed.

Spoke to Customer Service. They said warranty is for repair, not replacement, no matter how many times it will take to try and repair, unless GE deems the number of repairs to be "excessive." But taking off from work for a 1 to 5 pm service call 4 separate times (with no end in sight) is clearly excessive for almost everyone who works for a living. Assigned by GE Repair Case no. **. I cannot keep taking off from work for a defective GE range that may take numerous further visits to repair, if ever repaired. I find this treatment of a customer outrageous. I have purchased numerous GE appliances over the years; never again!! Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Our dishwasher has been broken for several weeks now. Since it was purchased from Home Depot, they sent out a GE Service Technician to find and fix the problem. The technician came out and "fixed" the problem only for it to immediately stop working after one load. We called Home Depot again who sent out a GE Service Technician again...who never showed up even though they confirmed that they did. So now we're calling Home Depot for the 3rd time and 4 weeks later our dishwasher is still broken. Don't buy GE products, the only thing worse is their service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Our GE dishwasher went out; it stopped draining and we smelled something electrical burning in it. We called Home Depot, whom we purchased it from, and they transferred us to GE Consumer Service, Conroe, Tx as we had the protection plan. The man showed up several days later and "fixed" it, saying the solenoid had burned. AT this time he did not give any reason for the part burning. It stopped draining again several months later, this time accompanied by the timer not working and of course, the burning smell. We called again and several days later the same man came to repair it. This time he told my husband that the timer going out probably caused the solenoid to burn. Did he replace the solenoid while he was there since the timer going out would cause it to go out as well? No. He fixed the timer and called it done.

When I got home from work I tried to run the dishwasher. Almost immediately we smelled it burning again. Seriously? I would prefer not to have my dishwasher burn my house down. I have requested yet another repair and a different company, but still have to wait 4 days for a repairman. GE was completely unconcerned with the fact that their electrical appliance is continuously burning inside my house. When I told them I want this defective merchandise out of my house, they informed me that I do not qualify for them to replace the dishwasher. According to them, it has not broken enough. I suppose that it will have to actually burn the house down before I qualify for a replacement? If my house burns, I will sue GE and the service center.

Lesson learned. I will never purchase a protection plan again. If an appliance goes out I would rather get rid of it and purchase a different brand and be done with it. We have wasted our time and money with this. Someone has to take off work and be home all day, we have to wait many days or weeks to get repairs, and the service has been horrible. This is not worth it. We are done with GE. This certainly explains why their stocks tanked.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I don’t understand how on earth this horrible company doesn’t have a class action lawsuit against it... I bought the whole kitchen appliance set from Lowe’s. It’s been a nightmare. Only bought them few months ago. The fridge was given to me bad with major problems. The fan doesn’t work and all seals broken. I tried calling GE numerous times. No answer ever. Never got nowhere. Most frustrating experience ever so I contacted Lowe’s general manager and finally got help. They somehow contacted them and had a GE repair guy come look so he tells me all this stuff wrong with the fridge and that they will only fix it but not replace it... Note that I had just bought the whole set days before so I called back Lowe’s and refused the fix and insisted on a new fridge, so Lowe’s made that happen.

Ok now the new fridge is having same problems. Seals not put on right and fan is going out...everything in it keeps molding within days. I can’t get ahold of no one at GE at all. Never a response or any numbers that work, only machines with no help. Can’t get anywhere... Also my stove glass top is losing its color from black to light silver every time I wipe it. I hate this company. I should of done my homework before buying. Never ever again. I will never recommend neither. I paid over $4000 for trash garbage. I keep seeing now all these horrible reviews about GE on every site.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My complaint is about the service call I set up for 1/18/2019. I was supposedly contacted, but I was home all day waiting for the service tech. We did not make contact, and as a result, I wasted an entire day waiting for service that never happened. I called to reschedule, and in the middle of talking to an operator, I was cut off. I called back, and the second operator I spoke to was rude. I now have to wait an additional two weeks to get my microwave fixed. I am a very unhappy customer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After scheduling a second visit for GE to repair my dryer (after the first visit when they did not have a common part), I am yet again disappointed and frustrated. After waiting around a full day (they told me the wrong window to begin with), they canceled my appointment to replace the broken part. I had reached out to their main phone number to get updates (not possible to speak to someone, just automated) and attempting to reach out to the installer (ignored my calls and the voicemail box was full) the day of the second service, they just went and canceled it. Even when I called to follow up, they were only reschedule for another day a week in the future. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I would avoid them and buy another brand.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I had the most horrible experience with GE repair. I purchased a GE top load washer from Lowe’s in June 2016. It stopped working in October 2018. I was without a washing machine until today. I called for our first repair (GE top load washer less than 3 years old) on 10/15 and they came on 10/17 for the repair. Good start right? Well the 1st tech didn’t have the parts needed, so we had to wait over a week because the parts were on back order. The parts came 3 days later but they said the same tech had to install the parts so we still had to wait. Okay so the 2nd time the repair is done, and the machine breaks down the day after washing. Now we have to wait another 10 days for someone to come out.

They send a different tech who orders parts that are again on back order and we have to wait another 10 days. The parts arrive and they are the same parts used in the 1st repair??? But that tech made the repair On Thanksgiving Day so now our repair is pushed back another 10 days! They send yet another tech the first week of December who runs diagnostics and says it’s a motor problem and doesn’t know why the tech before him didn’t catch it and re-ordered the same parts. Again, parts need to be ordered.

To make an already very long and frustrating story shorter...the parts were on back order for February 2019 and GE didn’t even let me know. I found out from Lowe’s. Luckily I had purchased a Protection Plan from Lowe’s. They gave me a $50 laundry reimbursement and finally gave me a buy out for the full amount of my purchase including tax. After 2 months of dealing with GE Factory’s incompetence, I am so thankful that I bought the protection plan from Lowe’s and NOT from GE appliance otherwise I would still be without a washing machine. I will NEVER purchase a GE product ever again and I’m telling everyone I know to do the same!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bought a brand new washing machine in September, stopped working right away. GE sent out someone to fix it 3 different times... So didn't have a working product until the end of Nov. After worked for a month, broke again... They still won't replace it and just insist on fixing it. Meanwhile we're losing time and money and a brand new product worth $600 is pretty much a piece of garbage, but hey, as long as they don't lose money... And their phone assistance system is a maze on purpose probably. Bad product, bad service. DO NOT buy deal with GE.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

GE telling people to get on their website to register for warranty. I purchased a new house and I got on to do just that. Now they are saying the site warranty request is not accurate, and that my appliance is out of warranty. When I went through to request service the site showed zero dollar for diagnosis fee, so I went through with the request. I also requested service for my stove, and it showing out of warranty and there will be a fee. If I want to go through with it or not. Of course I don’t want to pay so I cancel the stove request, but kept my refrigerator request schedule. The tech come out. Did not say anything about the warranty, he walked in and saying nothing is wrong and before he leave he saying we owe him money. I even show him the site printout showing zero fee, and he left all upset telling me to work with GE. Sound like it is a trap for consumer to make mistake to make money claim.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Purchased a GE 24 inch electric dryer (GE model DCVH480EK0WW) in September 2017. 14 months later the pulley wheel on the idler bracket and bearing assembly failed (GE Part Number WE01X10271 or WE49X28031). The $60.00 part has been on backorder for months. Without this part the GE dryer is useless. Contacted GE parts in Rapid City, SD. GE agent explained part is on backorder and has been on backorder for months. After contacting many parts suppliers across the United States, the same story is given. GE has become unreliable and incapable of supplying replacement parts on timely basis. As a consequence this GE product was replaced with dryer from another manufacturer with a far better customer service capability.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Just got a washer delivered on November 26 and it sounds like something is dragging. It is very loud and I can hear it with my laundry door closed. Called and they won't refund my money but want to send out a repair person. This is suppose to be brand new. I very been without a washer since September. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

G.E. Is no longer trustworthy. Their products do not last at all. Also the warranty is a joke. Buyer beware. Do not buy G.E. I have been using their appliances for years. NOW THE CONSUMER HAS TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING APPLIANCES.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If you plan to build a new home DO NOT purchase GE appliances until the day they are to be installed. Their warranty starts the day you purchase the item and not when you start using it. We have a new home that we purchased a microwave for and have only used it for 3 months and it is totally not working at all. The Warranty Dept tells me that they won't repair it because we chose to buy it several months before. We even have proof of when it was installed. This is totally unacceptable. So if you happen to get an appliance that has been in a vendor's warehouse for a while and you buy it ahead of time of your install you will be totally out of luck for the warranty. We should have stuck with our past experience and purchased all Whirlpool appliances instead of GE. My entire kitchen is GE and now I am afraid of what other appliance of theirs might go out.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Our business purchased 10 units. 9 of them are not working and we needed help to repair and or replace the said units we had purchased. We have called and called. Waited for return calls and scheduling of repairs. Still to date NOTHING...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Updated on 10/31/2018: The new igniter didn't work. Then my husband tried another part... something similar to a "motherboard". Didn't work. I am beyond livid. My husband tried emailing GE and they never responded. WHAT KIND OF A COMPANY IS THIS??? Just love that this is happening less than a month from Thanksgiving. I'm just at a loss for words at this point. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Purchased a GE gas range April 2017. A few days ago the oven would not heat up. My husband tried to install an igniter...which he has done several times in the past on previous ranges we've had and it didn't work. Apparently we need ANOTHER part(s) which may be pricey. AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF THIS HAPPENS??? Should have kept my last range even though it was old...it worked 'til the end. I will NEVER purchase GE again. The most cheaply made piece of garbage I've ever owned!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I do not have the words to describe how awful this experience has been. I had a service call on my dishwasher-which is only about 2 years old. The technician ran a diagnostic test and said he needed to order "one small part." He charged me for the visit. Never got a receipt for the visit charge. Never got any sort of confirmation as to what this "small part" is or how much it would cost. He said it would be delivered to me. The part is delivered to the customer?? No tracking, no information, nothing. That was over a month ago. After many many many calls to the worst customer service department that I have ever experienced, my dishwasher is still not fixed.

I have waited on hold for 30 minutes or more, I have been transferred to now one, I have been given misinformation. I keep getting notices that the part is on back order, and they keep pushing my appointment back. No one will tell me how much these parts cost... because now apparently it is not "one small part" but two parts. The technician quoted me a price, with no documentation, and no customer service person has access to any price information. They keep telling me "whatever the technician said is what I'm sure it is, we don't have access to that." My inclination is to cancel everything for my sanity and just purchase a new dishwasher NOT FROM GE. Never again. Never. Disaster.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Bought a GE dryer with an extended warranty, Dryer stopped working the week of August 20th, 2018... it is now October 15, 2018 and I am still waiting for my dryer to be fixed. The first time the tech came out he basically detached the dryer from the vent and said since the dryer works without it being connected to the vent, we need to rule out that the vent is clear, but he cannot check the vent for me, once we check the vent he will come back. My husband checked the vent on less than a minute and found it to be clear, now I had to wait two weeks because they don't allow their techs to check vents, for the tech to come back.

After going back and forth for another two weeks they finally decided to order a new motor for the dryer, then waited another two weeks for the tech to come and install it. Tech came to install and could not remove the old motor from the brackets, now needed to order new brackets too, another two weeks wait. Tech comes back again and surprise... they did not include all the parts in the bracket packet, need to order the rest of it, now I am being told I have to wait until 10-23-18 because the tech in my area only comes Tuesdays and Thursdays and that is the next available date. I have called several #'s for GE to try to expedite their response time to no avail. I will never buy a GE appliance ever again and will shout it from the highest mountain to anyone that will hear me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a service call on my dishwasher. Service was good. The technician said the part is warrantied and he would send me the receipt by email. I never got it. I have spent 10 days, calling 8 different customer service numbers to get a copy of the receipt. On day 3 I got someone to commit to sending me a copy by mail. I have received nothing. My message here is: if GE has an opportunity to make money on you…great service. If you need help after the fact...good luck. Due to this I will never use GE again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased a new GE dryer from Home Depot for a new house. Had appliances delivered and installed days before we officially moved in. A day after moving in I attempted to do laundry and the dryer sounds like it has bowling ball inside. Call GE to be told that someone will call me in 72 hours to schedule service appt. They call, and schedule for a week later. HUGE inconvenience! Now, the tech says he must order a part that will not come in until the 19th. That is 3 weeks without a dryer for my family. Previously, I went to the laundromat and spent $40 so that my kids can go to school in clean clothes. Now, I will need to go again. Will GE write me a check for $80?? Doubt it. DO NOT PURCHASE GE APPLIANCES!! POOR QUALITY AND EVEN POORER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I also waited on hold for 57 minutes just to talk to someone who told me there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

If there was a rating below one star, I would choose that as it would be more appropriate. I have a brand new dryer, have had five service appointments and have taken six days off, one they never showed for. They refuse to replace unit, and I had a Supervisor tell me today ‘I am the Supervisor and this is my call,’ along with ‘GE will not appreciate your threats,’ when I suggested hiring an attorney as a last ditch option. Furthermore, while I was on the call for my 30 minute notification with the tech, who knows me now after being here over and over, GE ‘dispatch’ called on the other line to confirm and because I could not be on two calls at once, and cancelled my appointment. Thankfully the tech came out on his own or it would have been another wasted day. The legacy of the GE appliances that our parents shared, is no longer a gift. Please do not spend the money. You will pay dearly in time and frustration, with a company that simply does not care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Purchased GE oven and dishwasher as part of $35000 kitchen renovation. The "stainless steel" finish disintegrated from fingers and hands, water. Appears to interact with oil from fingers and discoloration with permanent finger and hand prints results. Water stains the finish also. It also rusts. I called GE customer service today at 1:18 pm at 800-432-2837 and spoke with a representative who happily told me that this is "cosmetic" and so they are not responsible. Maybe cosmetic doesn't matter much to GE, but it's going to matter a lot to the home buyer when I try to sell my house. GE is poor quality and doesn't stand behind their work. This is an incredibly poor investment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Read all the bad reviews and you will see one thing in common, GE CANNOT GET PARTS OUT OF CHINA! GE Appliances sold out to Chinese company HAIER! I had to get Lowe's replace my range because after 4 Months GE has still not got my part in for a brand new range that has not worked since day 1!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

9/6 technician evaluates the problem I described online for 30 seconds. He charges me $99 for what I already knew. He tells me the part will be here next week. 9/13, no one has called to schedule a time for the repair. I place a call. They inform me that someone is coming out on 9/14 between 8 am and 12 pm. 9/14 NO ONE SHOWS or calls. 9/16 I call GE who informs me after waiting on hold for 1 hour, that the part is on backorder until 10/18! WHAT?!? 9/16 I have the case escalated to consumer relations. 9/21 They call to tell me they can give me a $1600 oven instead of the $300 part. WHAT?!? This is the worst customer relations EVER. They are rude and have zero authority to do anything. Their response is that "because of the age of the product..." Really - who buys a stove/oven every 5 years? Are they making that crappy of a product? I'm very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Impossible to get parts for my brand new range that has never worked! Purchased in May and still no parts. GE keeps extending the parts availability. 4 months out and now I'm telling Lowe's to replace this junk. NEVER BUY GE!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I would NEVER recommend anyone call GE Appliance Repair unless you would like to pay more for a simple service than a new appliance (which I'd not recommend you purchase a GE Appliance due to their defective products and lack of reasonable customer care to address them). I should have paid attention to prior reviews, as they have an overall 1-STAR rating.

I HIGHLY recommend if you need appliance repair to go with a local vendor who will be transparent about their costs and fair in their assessment of labor charges. You might even try Task Rabbit or HomeAdvisor to get a few quotes from reasonable service providers. GE Appliance Repair arrived today, spent 10-minutes fixing the "issue" with my six year old dishwasher, which was actually a PRODUCT DEFECT (handle fell off because an internal screw was not sealed and therefore fell out behind the panel. Screw is not accessible unless you take apart the machine). I was charged $215 dollars for a 10-minutes visit, during which time, the repair consisted of screwing the internal screw back into place and then "sealing" it because it apparently wasn't sealed before.

This sounds to me like a great way for GE to make money. Sell products that WILL fall apart from the inside, where you cannot access them to repair yourself, so you call their service team to come repair. And then they charge insane amounts to repair their defects. Hummmm... food for thought. GE Appliance Repair doesn't even appear to have a Seattle office, only a phone number. I'd call someone you can trust, like a local business with brick and mortar. Not a number that is probably answered by someone 1000 miles away who won't help when you need them.

GE Service Contracts Company Information