GE Service Contracts
Auto Warranty Expired?

GE Service Contracts

187 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I would NEVER recommend anyone call GE Appliance Repair unless you would like to pay more for a simple service than a new appliance (which I'd not recommend you purchase a GE Appliance due to their defective products and lack of reasonable customer care to address them). I should have paid attention to prior reviews, as they have an overall 1-STAR rating.

I HIGHLY recommend if you need appliance repair to go with a local vendor who will be transparent about their costs and fair in their assessment of labor charges. You might even try Task Rabbit or HomeAdvisor to get a few quotes from reasonable service providers. GE Appliance Repair arrived today, spent 10-minutes fixing the "issue" with my six year old dishwasher, which was actually a PRODUCT DEFECT (handle fell off because an internal screw was not sealed and therefore fell out behind the panel. Screw is not accessible unless you take apart the machine). I was charged $215 dollars for a 10-minutes visit, during which time, the repair consisted of screwing the internal screw back into place and then "sealing" it because it apparently wasn't sealed before.

This sounds to me like a great way for GE to make money. Sell products that WILL fall apart from the inside, where you cannot access them to repair yourself, so you call their service team to come repair. And then they charge insane amounts to repair their defects. Hummmm... food for thought. GE Appliance Repair doesn't even appear to have a Seattle office, only a phone number. I'd call someone you can trust, like a local business with brick and mortar. Not a number that is probably answered by someone 1000 miles away who won't help when you need them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

An AC unit that was purchased less than 3 months ago stopped blowing cold air. A repair order was called in (Wed), a Triage Tech (not a repair person) came in (Thurs), ordered part and stated the part was on back order until November. I was told I would receive an email and a call from the repair person to follow up on the next step. No call or email received.

So I called the repair number back the following afternoon (Fri). The person I spoke to there did see that the part was on back order until November at this time she transferred me to the customer escalations department. Here I spoke to a woman who agreed that November was too long to wait and that even a week mid NC summer was too long. She stated the order was placed on priority and that per policy they had to allow the parts dept an opportunity to locate the part. I hung up with her after she said I would receive a call today (Monday) with a resolution to this issue either way (repair or replace). No call, I called.

I spoke with a woman named Tanya. She reviewed the issue and stated that the person Friday could not have said I would have an answer today because they do not do follow up calls on Mondays. To which I replied, according to your hold music all calls are recorded and I know what I was told. This is where she told me that according to their policy they had to wait 48 hours after an order was placed to allow the parts department to receive the order and then they have to allow "some time" (notice that is an unspecified amount of time) for them to attempt to locate the part, the customer service representative at this time said "we are currently in limbo until the parts department researches this back order and attempts to obtain the part."

Now I have been on the phone for over 2 hours trying to resolve this issue with no clear answer. I conveyed that this is unacceptable. Disregard the weekend (since they don't work weekends) this is still a 4 day wait period before I get and answer, and not a resolution or fix mind you, just an answer that I will hopefully receive tomorrow.

Even if by some miracle our unit is repaired or replaced tomorrow this is still poor customer service/repair practices. This is in a commercial facility and too much time, money and energy has already been wasted on this issue on both ends. A quicker resolution would have been more cost effective, and much better customer service. Update: I started writing this yesterday and was pulled away before I could finish or post. Here it is almost midday and still no update by phone nor email, which means I need to call again adding to the cost on both ends yet again.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. The worst customer service ever and totally liars. You should never trust them and if you want to speak with the manager you will have the worst person answer the call. He knew nothing about the technician that show up on my door. They send me a technician with a horrible attitude. Defiantly he hated his job. They will lie regarding the service charge. Please be careful from them. You definitely do not want to buy any more GE appliances.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a Trim Kit off their website and it wasn't the correct one. Took 3 phone calls to determine the proper way to return it after being left on hold each time for 30 minutes. Tried resolving by email, but they said I could contact returns via email. Finally returned the item and haven't been given credit so called again only to be left on hold for over an hour to be told it takes 30 days to receive credit and when I asked why so long was told "I don't know". I proceeded to express my dissatisfaction about the service GE was providing and ask if I could speak to someone concerning it. I was then transferred to a number that just rang and rang. No wonder everyone is going with Amazon. Their services cannot be beat! I have had several GE appliances, but after this experience I will never buy another one.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought over the range microwave. I bought extended warranty from Lowe's. The microwave has stopped working 3 times within a year with the same problem. Each time I call for repairs they tell they are back order on the parts and I have to wait 4 weeks for the parts to arrive. Once the parts arrive I have to call them back. Each I call they transfer me to different dept and they put me on hold for 25 minutes before anyone can talk to me and once I got a schedule technician they give 4 hour time frame.

The technician did not show up twice. Neither they bothered letting you know they will not be coming so I WAITED ALL DAY. Nobody showed up so I have to call again next day. Then they told me they have another opening next week so finally they come. They tell me they have incomplete parts in the mail so they have to order missing parts. I so fed up of it. My microwave is still not fixed yet. GE is a piece of junk as well as customer service. Will never buy GE appliance again. Never ever. They don’t even deserve a single star rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: July 12, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. My fridge is only 2 years old and was here in my brand new house when I bought it. My builder and I are supposed to split the bill. When the service guy came to the house, he charged me $222. I called and fought the price as the issue was with the fan in the back of the fridge and it should be covered by a warranty. I've never had issues with my 20 year old fridge and never had to replace any parts before so I got $50 back.

My builder called and they said the total came out to $108 which is incorrect. The total is $172. I tried calling again to try to figure out what the issue was with the total prices and had to wait another hour to speak to a person. Tried to avoid this service by using their online chat but they are unable to answer any question... Really, the worst customers service and is so inconvenient for a working person to deal with. I would recommend using a different company for appliances. Their appliances don't seem to be that great and their customers service is absolute garbage. Never buying anything from them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My 5 year old fridge was leaking. Called GE, they talked me into having a rep come out with a $99 service fee that would be refunded as credit for another GE product. I specifically asked if I can spend on a small appliance or if there were any limitations and I was told yes I can use on a small appliance with no limitations. When rep came he charged me and gave me receipt for rebate and said I would have to spend at least $200 to claim rebate. Since then, I've spoken to 3 others by phone with different explanations as to how rebate works. Finally called rebate center and they explained if my fridge not repairable and I had to buy a new one... the $99 rebate would apply. WHAT A SCAM! I will never buy another GE product again! $3000 fridge needed major repairs in 5 years... and the worst customer service a company could ever possibly have!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Purchased a new washer dryer combo from Lowe’s and the washer never worked, I will NEVER !!! Buy another GE appliance EVER!!! GE would not replace it and sent a service tech out to repair, part is back ordered for another 30 days. I have owned the washer for over a month and never used it... WOW!!! Junk build quality!!! And customer service is useless!!! Very upset!!! A complete waste of money and time!!! DON'T BUY GE!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

We've had a GE washer for approximately three years (with warranty). Called for service, someone came out the next day. Service person said even though the machine was three years old, it needed major parts replacement, $930.00 worth. They said it would take two weeks for parts to be delivered. The day before the two week deadline they called and said the parts would take another additional two weeks to be delivered. Four weeks for parts to arrive??? That's horrible customer service!!! WILL NEVER BUY A GE APPLIANCE AGAIN... EVER!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

On the current service call, so far we are up to 3 wasted days due to, what must be, the worst customer service system ever! My wife and I both have cell phones and GE have the numbers of both. If I miss a call and a message is left I receive it immediately in my email. When you arrange a service appointment they tell you they can only give a window of 4 hours and they will call beforehand to make sure you are in the house and will cancel service call if you do not answer. What they do not tell you is that the call will not be identified as GE so if you have caller ID and usually filter out spam calls you have to answer every unrecognized call in case it is GE on the line. Frustrating if you get as many spam calls as we do. So essentially you have to make the day available and answer every call.

So far the service technician has failed to show up 3 times. The only message we have ever received has been to say they are canceling the call because no one answered the phone when they called. We have no idea whether we did not answer because we are on another call, the service signal faltered, the call was filtered out as spam or in fact no one called in the first place. It's one strike and you are out, no call back number, no message. Having spoken to them they say that you cannot call them to confirm you are waiting for them in the house. You have to answer that one phone call otherwise tough luck! We have a fridge problem and we have spent about 10 days trying to get someone here and there seems to be no real chance of getting a solution unless we get lucky and make a connection. Most ridiculous client service ever. How to really annoy your customers?!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

We have had the absolute worst customer service with GE. Our washing machine has been serviced 4 times for the same issue since we purchased it in Oct. 2016. The last 2 service calls occurred on 5/21/18 and 5/31/18. We have been caught in a loop. A GE service technician comes out again, calls TAG, and does not resolve the issue. He makes no notes in our case file as to contacting TAG so when we call in again, consumer relations just repeats the process. The same GE service technician is sent out. Nothing gets resolved. This time, the tech came out, plugged in his diagnostic computer, and after speaking with TAG, handed us a paper with the customer relations number on it and said, "There's nothing more I can do.

You'll need to call this number." I call into consumer relations again, waiting over 43 minutes - once again - to speak with a rep. With this last service appointment, we also received an email the day after the tech was at our house saying our appointment had been canceled. (Yet the technician was indeed here, called TAG, and handed us the consumer relations number.) The consumer relations rep states that tech’s only note from the last service call was that "the customer didn't want service." Completely untrue! We have spent an enormous amount of time on the phone and waiting to have our washer fixed. This is a joke.

Original review: June 1, 2018

If I could give them less than a one star rating I would. Dealing with them and FedEx has been an absolute nightmare. An absolute freaking nightmare. The timing switch for my dryer broke back in October 2017 so I ordered a new part. Then that part broke 7 months in (this past May). I called them, got bounced around, and then finally got to a Returns Representative. They scheduled FedEx to come get my part that I'd have out on the bottom step and all would be well. Only not. I mistakenly forgot to set the package out. That's was entirely my fault, but then FedEx called me back and advised when they would be coming back. This time I had the part in a box with its return number on it as instructed. And FedEx never picked it up. That was on a Friday and by the time I called GE Appliances about it their Returns Department was closed.

So, I called back on Monday, got bounced around the queue by 2 representatives before finally getting to one that could or would help me, she emailed me the label and advised I can print it myself or have FedEx print it by 6/1/2018 (which is stated in the email). It is that date right now. I went to FedEx, they scanned the barcode and it came back expired. So, I stood around in FedEx for 30 minutes on the phone trying to get SOMEONE competent on the line.

I was bounced around again, placed on hold and then the line went silent, I called back, was placed on hold again, sent to the wrong division of the parts department, the sales representative gave me the direct number to the Parts Returns Department and then transferred me to the queue (thank you to her, by the way, but everyone else was absolutely terrible), I finally get a returns representative and tells me that she can't generate a new label through FedEx (who will be getting a review as well I might add) because their site is down.

She told me to call back later and maybe it'll be working again. I asked why the label expired early. She told me I had to print it on the day I receive the email. I told her that is not what I was advised and that is not what the email stated. She repeated herself which is call center code for the representative has no intentions of helping you anymore and just wants you off their line (I've worked for call centers before), and so I said thanks and goodbye because I knew I was wasting more of my time and breath. I am livid. Utterly livid by the incompetence. I will never purchase a GE Appliance again just so I can avoid their terrible customer service less that one Parts Sales Representative.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Our 7 month old washer quit spinning and draining last Saturday, I called service on Monday and was told how to troubleshoot and if that didn't work, call back and they will send someone out. It didn't work. I called again and they scheduled a service call for Wednesday between 8 am and noon. My husband stayed home from work to wait for repairman (unpaid time off). Repair said we need a drain pump and they are on back order until July. My husband suggested we get a new machine then "right" and he said we have to give them until Friday to try to find the part so call back on Friday. Vickie called today and left my husband a message that he couldn't understand so he called back and waited 30 minutes the first time and 45 the next time before he finally gave up.

He told me that so I called and put on speaker on my desk and got through to the same number I called on Monday where I was told Vickie left a message that explained she will call back again next Wednesday to let us know when we might expect the part to be in. I was talking to Shakea (sp), she transferred me to Tanika (sp) when I told her that was unacceptable. Tanika "understood" my being upset and said she is putting a check in the mail for $40 so I can go do my laundry. I suppose if they send me $40 until July I will have enough to buy a new washer that works and it certainly won't be a GE ANYTHING!

Original review: May 16, 2018

We have a GE refrigerator that is only 3 years old. To date have had 3 service calls and had to manually defrost on our own multiple times to get the fan to spin. GE has not been helpful at all. Ice maker never works properly. Have lost much food, time and money to this fridge. Have had family members with GE appliances and similar experiences. Will NEVER buy GE products again!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Cannot review the appliance as we have never gotten it. GE Appliances Delivery is horrible - Set for Saturday. No phone call for delivery timing. We called and automated call said delivery at 2pm. We stayed home all day just in case. 2 pm came and went so we called again. The service on the phone was horrible and they said that item had just delivered to warehouse (which when we ordered said was in stock when ordered). We were hung up on countless times and also no one could help. They kept sending us a department that we needed to work with was closed. Phone number 1-888-211-9247.

Our last GE Appliance blew up and we were going to change companies but we did like the previous one (other than it blowing up after 8 years). Dumb move as this is BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! NEVER ORDER FROM GE!!! Talked with manager Christine (from Home Delivery Support). Even they cannot help. By far the WORST CUSTOMER service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We purchased a GE Profile refrigerator and microwave in 2006 when we built our house. Two years later the circuit board failed on the ice and water dispenser. $300. Shortly after, the light in the microwave failed. Buy a new light bulb and screw it in? Wrong! A technician must come and take the thing apart. $200. Four years ago we were foolish enough to buy another GE refrigerator for well over $1000. It failed last week, and we are still waiting for parts. $700.

Meanwhile we have our food in a 45 year old GE refrigerator out in the garage where it is exposed to dust, heat, and cold. We never spent a dime on that old GE. It keeps humming away. I would never buy another GE product. I don’t know how this building crap is doing for GE. The stock is selling at historic lows and it is endangered of being delisted from the Dow Jone Averages. What Harvard MBA genius came up with the idea that manufacturing junk will benefit a once wonderful company?

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had a new home built in April of 2017 with all brand new GE appliance. In the first week of February after 9 months of use my GE Double Wall Oven received an error code of F97. Initially GE was quick to send a technician out. The first technician cancelled the initial appointment. I took another day off from work for the technician to come in for 5 minutes and say he had to order a part. Three weeks later after I followed up with the technician one part came in (fan), but the board wouldn't be in until the following week. That's two days off from work.

Another couple of weeks go by and part still has not arrived. I call GE customer relations and spoke with Erica who was nice and she order the part and had it overnights to my home. I asked for a new repair company to install, they come and the wrong part was sent to my home. Again had to wait another two weeks before part arrived. We are now at three months. Technician came install new parts, oven worked when tech left. Tried cooking dinner tonight less than 24 hours later and same code F97 is back. Technician can come back until Tuesday of next week. It is ridiculous to expect a customer to go months without an oven. Supervisor would not allow me to talk to anyone above her. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GE APPLIANCE.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchased a General Electric washer machine on 3/18. On April 16 it stopped working. I called General Electric and a appointment was scheduled for the 20th. The service man came out. Stated it was fixed. Tried it and it wasn’t. Another tech came back out on the 27th, this tech was lazy and didn’t do nothing. A part is needed to be order and he wouldn’t be able to come back until May 11. I spoke to a rep but the name of Amanda put me in for May 4 and no tech. I think the way I have been treated is ridiculous and unfair.

Original review: April 25, 2018

GE sent a repairman who did not know what he was doing. After working two hours to repair our microwave, he broke a wire to the oven that destroyed the unit. They are billing us $108.20 for his service call that resulted in us having to buy a new unit from GE or be forced to remodel a kitchen wall only designed for their products. This amount was actually reduced from the original bill of over $500.00. Not only did they get money for an entire new unit but they're trying to get us to pay for this guy's time spent destroying our oven.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have had my oven for under a year. It's still covered under warranty. GE has given me nothing but a complete run around for 3 weeks. I have been unable to use it for these 3 weeks due to my energy company red tagging it and saying there are high excessive levels of Carbon monoxide coming from oven. There is a horrible nauseating chemical smell that goes thru my whole house coming from oven as it heats up. Sooo bad I have to open the windows!! GE sent a technician out who claims the CO reading is within normal range and the smell is normal!!! GE proceeds to tell me there is nothing more they can do for me. As far as they are concern the situation is closed. So here I sit with a 10 month old stove I can't use or use and hope my house doesn't blow from the Carbon monoxide!!! Horrible horrible customer service that can care less about you as the consumer.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Bought a GE dishwasher about 3 years ago. Within 6 months the gasket fell off the door. 1st service call. Then it wouldn't run at all. Took the tech 8 Hours to figure it out. 2nd call. Then it stopped again. Another computer issue. 3rd service call. Now the door closing isn't communicating with the computer. Won't work. I'm on my 4TH service call. Waiting for parts. It will take over 5 WEEKS from when the tech came out. Says there are problems with the warehouse. Can't get the parts soon. They are in Indiana, I'm in Ohio. GE's product quality is so... FAILING. I bought GE because I have a GE refrigerator in my basement from the 1950s and it still works. I won't buy another product of GE. They've gone way downhill.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My business partner and I called in a service request to Fidelity National Home Warranty and provided Confirmation #** to repair a malfunctioning GE Refrigerator Water dispenser. GE Factory Service was dispatched and provided a 4 hr window to perform the service but on the day of the appointment it changed from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. to 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. GE did not call the contact number by 3 p.m. so my business partner contacted GE 3 times and was not given a satisfactory response. No service was performed on the scheduled date and a new dispatch of a different vendor is now scheduled. GE is not a reputable service vendor and we would like this review to be known.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I bought a stand up freezer (over $500) and it hasn't worked since day one. It's now been 4 months and they still refuse to exchange or refund, they will only send a repair person over and over (and it's still not working). Each time they order a part it takes 3 weeks or it's a wrong part. I am looking to buy more appliances but there is NO way I will buy anything from GE ever again. I'm completely shocked that they aren't being remorseful and offering to exchange for a working freezer!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Hair Fridge Repair - Worst experience ever and I mean the worst. The notes are all in our case. The number is #**. We have been without a fridge since it first went out on Friday, March 2nd. It is an unreasonable expectation to let a customer go an entire month with no fridge. Nobody seems to care about the added cost and crazy inconvenience. This appliance is less than 3 months old. Your processes don't work.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Stop... Wait... Think... Before you buy your next Appliance from G.E. Can you afford to take 5 +days off of work? Can you be without that appliance for a month/month and a 1/2? Do you need the extra aggravation from the customer service department, because they really can't do a damn thing? Well if your answer is yes, Then buy your next appliance from G.E. They offer that and so much more. Our washer is only 7 months old. The washer stopped agitating so we called GE, they sent someone out to access and possibly fix. The technician was nice and respectful and seemed to know his job. The motor he said was bad so he ordered a new one, he said it would take about 7-10 days to get. I thought that time frame was a bit lengthy, so I called customer service.

Customer Service was nice, they told me they have some issues going on in their warehouse and would send me a check for $50. for my inconvenience. The motor came and I called to set up the appointment, got the appointment for the next day. The technician was the same man so he was familiar with the machine, he took apart our washer and tried to put the new motor in, but it was the wrong motor. He ordered a new one and said he was going to try to have them overnight it, but that never happened, so I called customer service again only to find out that they wouldn't overnight it and it would be another 7-10 days before it came. The right motor came, so I called GE to set up the appointment, got the next day. I had to cancel some appointments, but it was a Thursday and I couldn't do Friday so the next available day was Monday. And we needed to do laundry bad.

The new motor was put in, the technician said it was working, he left and I threw some sheets and stuff in the washer and it was doing the same damn thing. Called GE, they can't do anything till Monday. WTF!!! So on Monday a new technician comes out, again a very nice, respectful man looks at the machine and assesses it is definitely having the same issue, I show him the part that the other technician replaced and was definitely confused. The technician went to his truck(he had another motor) replaced it with the other one, the machine still doesn't work. The technician now thinks it is a capacitor, so I called customer service once again to have them overnight this part at the technician request, customer service said I should receive the part by Tuesday night so the technician set up the next appointment for Wednesday morning.

Tuesday night came looked on the porch to find nothing, that's right no capacitor so now I have taken more time off for Nothing!! Called customer service only to find out that the part won't be here till Friday and there is nothing they can do till Monday, and there is no guarantee that this new part will work. So on Monday it will be a month since my first call for the repair. And the best G.E. can offer me is a $25. check for the inconvenience again. They won't overnight another part, because there is one coming on Friday that was supposed to be here on (what's the small matter of a couple of days?).

Well it is Time, more time I have to take off from working, more time to go to the laundromat once, because we can't put that off anymore, we were conserving our clothes thinking that the washer would be working on Monday, & then again thinking by Wednesday for sure. So before you buy your next appliance from G.E., Think do you have time, money and patience. I don't but I am forced into it, so instead of lighting a fire in my appliance and delivering to them, I am writing out my frustrations and hoping someone else's time, money and patience will be saved.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought a new home, with brand new GE appliances. 9 months later, while baking a pie with my 30" GE Built-In oven, I hear a very loud buzz followed immediately by a shooting flame (high enough to be seen behind the pie on the top rack) before the circuit breaker popped and the oven lost power. I have never seen an oven die, and this is my first new oven. I contacted the builder who referred me to GE, where I followed the phone prompts to set up my repair appointment. A few days later, I was contacted by a representative in Atlanta while I was at work. She asked me to leave information on her voicemail if I wasn't able to reach her directly, which I did. I told her the oven had short circuited, there was a fire, the CB popped, and I had a hole in the bottom of my oven from it.

I received automated texts from GE stating I would need to be home from 8 am to 5 pm until the technician called (same day) to announce his/her arrival. I could not find any contact to give me a better time window. I had to sacrifice an entire workday to sit at home and wait for someone to show up. Just before 1 pm, the technician calls to ask me what the problem is. I found out later that Ms. ** apparently didn't add any information to my case file. The technician spent 45 minutes at least (not counting other stops he'd have made) driving out to my home to evaluate the electrically short circuited oven only to create another case file, and let me know to expect a call from a GE Customer Rep. in 24 to 48 hours. I canceled 2 appointments so I could SIT HERE all day only for them to come out and tell me what I already figured with a little common sense.

The technician was clean, nice, and professional... But can you believe he tried to sell me a warranty package? The builder installed 6 GE appliances for us, and he was plenty happy to try to sell me a policy. But after seeing that I'm not the only one with a bad service experience (and nobody has said anything about a replacement for this $1200 fire starter) WHY? WHO in their right mind is going to pay a couple thousand dollars almost to lose an entire work day FOR NOTHING!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Our 17 year old GE Profile refrigerator stopped cooling down. We received an estimate of over $700 to repair and replace parts. Initial technician told us it would take hours to replace the parts. He said it was a very labor intensive job. We went ahead and scheduled repair. He ordered the parts and had them shipped to our house. A pair of technicians arrived and ONLY replaced the heated drip pan (a small aluminum plate with some wires attached) - in about 15 minutes. They told us the "extra" parts in the box were "in case" they were needed, and they were not needed for our fridge.

They charged us $721.58 and left. We looked in the box and realized these were not "extra" parts but in fact, a KIT to replace the drip pan plus several other hoses and parts. We were charged for the entire kit ($311.10), and labor $387.93. There is also an error on the receipt, stating they replaced the Freeze Fan Motor. It was the DRIP PAN they put in. They only did 25% of the work and left 75% of the parts but we are being forced to pay 100%. ALSO, on the invoice it is stated that they replaced fan. NOT! We have been trying to resolve this by asking for a partial refund (if we return the rest of the unused kit) or finish the job, and they REFUSE to send back a tech to finish the installation.

They said they would charge EXTRA labor if they do!!! THIS is PREDATORY pricing and VERY unethical! We are beyond furious and disgusted with GE! I will fight this till the end if they do not resolve this!!! I would NEVER charge a client for a service AND products that WERE NOT DELIVERED!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE GE! They are crooks and criminals! Lastly, I found the replacement pan, online for $54.00! The reviews for the exact same replacement kit that they use, have an average rating of 2 STARS! Everyone said that after a month or so the parts start breaking!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called because I have only had my right height washer and dry for 2.5 years paid $1800 for them and the washer blew up like literally dents on top of washer from things flying inside. So I call to see if I have a warranty, and was told there is no warranty. I told her how unsatisfied I was that I spent that kind of money on them for them to only last 2.5 years and she responded with, "Well it wouldn't matter what product you bought. It probably would have broke anyways. That's how products are these days so I don't know what to tell you." So angry. Well I just bought my house and plan to buy all new appliances and will definitely not be buying any GE products for sure! My machines should have lasted for more than 2.5 years. Good to know that they don't stand behind their products either.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

New home. Dishwasher not working. Scheduled service call. Saturday not an option. I was told that I would receive a call 15-30 minutes prior to arrival so that I could leave work to get home prior to the technician arriving. I received an automated message stating I was next in line. I called back and sifted through the phone system to speak with someone. Eventually I was told that he could arrive anytime between 1:00-5:00, but that he would probably come to my house next. They said there was no way to contact the individual doing the work or to know where he was coming from. We live in the country, so his drive to us could have been easily an hour.

I arrived at 1:10 pm, waited an hour, called back again, and was told he had already been there at 1:30 pm. I explained that that was impossible as I had been there the entire time. Even after speaking with a supervisor, their only option was to schedule for another date/time. I explained, if only I had been able to actually be in contact with the individual, all the issues could have been avoided. Horrible customer service!!! I will never buy GE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

If I could I would give them negative stars. Purchased dishwasher 4 months ago and already leaking, called to make warranty appt, took 1/2 day off work and they called AFTER the appt window to ask if they could come late (I couldn't be home by then). Since then complete runaround by service dept to re-schedule including getting hung up on just now. Never again - I'm going to return the dishwasher today (purchased at Costco) and get a different brand.

Not sure about GE Service Contracts?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Extended Auto Warranties for you.

GE Service Contracts Company Information

GE Washing Machines
    Public
    Ticker Symbol:
    GE
    www.ge.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business