Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
GE Service Contracts
3.44/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GE Service Contracts

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

227 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a GE stove, model #JGB60DEKWW at Home Depot for $600. The unit is so poorly made that you burn yourself when using the oven and burners at the same time. The oven has no insulation and the vent located in the backsplash puts out so much heat that you can't get anywhere near it. The GE tech said this is how they are designed and if you want insulation you have to go with a self cleaning model. GE was not able to offer a reasonable discount on the self cleaning model so I am stuck with a stove that is unsafe to use. Very dissatisfied and surprised that GE cares so little about customer safety, security and satisfaction. Buyer beware with GE.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We purchased a large GE air conditioner last summer and when we put it in the window this summer it started making an awful noise like a lawn mower. Luckily (or so I thought) we had purchased the AC less than a year ago so it was still covered under GE's warranty. They informed us that the unit would be replaced for free and we'd be hearing from them soon. They called and told us we needed to be home some day Monday-Friday between 10-2 so when they drop the replacement AC off they could take the old unit. This was understandable, but inconvenient since we both work during the day. However, my husband scheduled the day and stayed home from work. They dropped off the new AC unit and it was covered in grease/oil.

When we went to turn it on only the fan worked, no cooling. We called GE again and they scheduled a day to send out someone to repair it so once again, my husband had to stay home from work for this. The repair man confirmed that the unit is busted and said we'd have to schedule ANOTHER day for someone to come out and fix it. This has been going on for about a month in the middle of a hot summer. We've spent hours on the phone and days off of work just to get a working AC and we still don't have one. We will NEVER be buying another GE product if this is how their customer service treats their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

RUN AWAY FROM GE APPLIANCES. In February we bought the gas range JGB00SEJSS. Before buying we studied the review of buyers. Reviews were good because people wrote them right after purchase, but not after several months operation. In our range the oven badly works: does not hold the established temperature, long time preheat, convection badly works. The problem with oven door. The gap on the left side (1 inch) is two times larger than the right. We called the service technician. He told that it is necessary to change the oven door, but it is unavailable, and we need to wait for three weeks, and then to call him again. He will only change a door, and on the rest call other technician.

Passed more than 3 weeks, but we did not receive the door. We sent e-mail, but were not answered. We called. We were transferred from one to another (looked, as playing soccer where we were a ball). As a result, it turned out that nobody ordered a door of an oven and we still waiting for completed fix. Last year we bought the wall conditioner on GE 12000 BTU, two times to us brought also both times with damage. How it will work - we do not know since so far replaced - the summer ended. I do not know what happened to GE appliance, but they are not the same quality as before.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Bought a brand new GE Dryer GDD45GSSM0WW. Lowe's installed it on 6/4/2019. Within just 1 day, started making loud grinding sound. Lowe's installation provider showed and recommended to call GE support. Worst experience...

Original review: May 31, 2019

One day my electric stove glass top cracked automatically. I complained to GE service as it was under warranty. They refused by saying that it is a physical impact. I told them it was a small crack that developed but I have only one stove so I keep it using and the day their technician came it was already 14 days using it. They told me why you used it, so I told them how should I cook as I have 3 kids . Should we die with hunger. They had no answer. They asked me around 300$ to fix it. I say don’t buy GE products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: May 7, 2019

GE is unable to repair and refuse to replace brand new Monogram. 6 Service Calls in less than 5 months. The refrigerator has not worked correctly for over 3 months, continuing to spoil food. GE was here again today, and once again is ordering parts. GE is not effectively servicing what they sell. GE Service cannot find the problem, and customer is stuck with a $7,200 refrigerator that does not work and they are unable to repair. GE refuses to replace it or refund the customer. Buyer BEWARE.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My relatively new $3,000 refrigerator has been putting out a terrible odor. I have taken it apart, removed all the bins and scrubbed The whole thing down with no improvement. The manual says there is no drip pan, but "customer care" says there is one. I followed their instructions and took all the real panels off and could not find a drip pan. Either the engineers never considered this to be a concern or customer service has no idea what they are talking about - or both. In either case I would recommend a Samsung or LG instead of this piece of crap.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My name is, as you can see, Karen **, and I purchased a washer and dryer from your company in 2015. Since then, I have had to have it repaired, which was under warranty but, now it is not under warranty and it is leaking from the bottom. I am the only one that uses the machine and there is no reason for it to malfunction twice in four years. Since I don’t have a warranty I decided to go on YouTube to see if it is an easy fix and if I can do it myself. Well, to my surprise it would have been an easy fix if some of the parts were not wielded or super glued on. The plastics fabric dispenser is supposed to pop right out but it is glued on and I had to break it to take off the agitator. Not finished, when I got to the tub nut it is either welded or cement glued on.

I can understand the tub nut being hard to get off, because I am a female, but impossible to get off unless I break the frigging machine is really pissing me off. It has been days and I cannot get it off to get to the rubber tub seal. Not only that, the water does not fill all the way and never has. I have had to wash a few pieces of clothes at a time or whatever is on top will not get washed even when I put the knob on auto fill. The place I bought the machine from on Behrman Hwy has since closed so sending it back or complaining to them is out of the question. I am frustrated with this machine and I can promise you that I will never buy another GE product for as long as I live.

I am so heartbroken because now I have to throw away my washing machine that I had to save up for for nearly three years because it has caused enough water damage in my house and I’m being forced to use the public laundromat until I can afford another machine. I am truly disappointed that you people are making machines where you either weld or glue on parts. How are repairs supposed to happen? A very disgruntle customer.

Original review: April 26, 2019

GE service technician assaulted me. A GE dishwasher that I've had for 6 months suddenly started leaking. A GE technician came out to service it as it had a year warranty. He blamed the structure of my home for the leak, screamed at me after questioning him, and put me on GE's Do Not Service List. I called GE to complain and they provided 0% assistance. Told me the tech's supervisor would decide to handle or not. I called GE Corporate Headquarters and got no response. I will never ever buy another GE appliance.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a GE wall oven. The first time I used the self-clean mode, my entire house was filled with black smoke. I discovered the center of the oven enamel burned. I called GE and they completely denied any product issue. The technician had the nerve to tell me I had left plastic to melt in the oven. I have no plastic cookware. NONE. I called Customer Relations, guess what, they want me to "buy a new oven" at a "discounted price". Really, where is the customer advocate? Case number **. I am so upset. ALL new appliances from them and this is how I am treated.

GE Service Contracts Company Information