1.03/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

169 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

GE sent a repairman who did not know what he was doing. After working two hours to repair our microwave, he broke a wire to the oven that destroyed the unit. They are billing us $108.20 for his service call that resulted in us having to buy a new unit from GE or be forced to remodel a kitchen wall only designed for their products. This amount was actually reduced from the original bill of over $500.00. Not only did they get money for an entire new unit but they're trying to get us to pay for this guy's time spent destroying our oven.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have had my oven for under a year. It's still covered under warranty. GE has given me nothing but a complete run around for 3 weeks. I have been unable to use it for these 3 weeks due to my energy company red tagging it and saying there are high excessive levels of Carbon monoxide coming from oven. There is a horrible nauseating chemical smell that goes thru my whole house coming from oven as it heats up. Sooo bad I have to open the windows!! GE sent a technician out who claims the CO reading is within normal range and the smell is normal!!! GE proceeds to tell me there is nothing more they can do for me. As far as they are concern the situation is closed. So here I sit with a 10 month old stove I can't use or use and hope my house doesn't blow from the Carbon monoxide!!! Horrible horrible customer service that can care less about you as the consumer.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Bought a GE dishwasher about 3 years ago. Within 6 months the gasket fell off the door. 1st service call. Then it wouldn't run at all. Took the tech 8 Hours to figure it out. 2nd call. Then it stopped again. Another computer issue. 3rd service call. Now the door closing isn't communicating with the computer. Won't work. I'm on my 4TH service call. Waiting for parts. It will take over 5 WEEKS from when the tech came out. Says there are problems with the warehouse. Can't get the parts soon. They are in Indiana, I'm in Ohio. GE's product quality is so... FAILING. I bought GE because I have a GE refrigerator in my basement from the 1950s and it still works. I won't buy another product of GE. They've gone way downhill.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My business partner and I called in a service request to Fidelity National Home Warranty and provided Confirmation #** to repair a malfunctioning GE Refrigerator Water dispenser. GE Factory Service was dispatched and provided a 4 hr window to perform the service but on the day of the appointment it changed from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. to 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. GE did not call the contact number by 3 p.m. so my business partner contacted GE 3 times and was not given a satisfactory response. No service was performed on the scheduled date and a new dispatch of a different vendor is now scheduled. GE is not a reputable service vendor and we would like this review to be known.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I bought a stand up freezer (over $500) and it hasn't worked since day one. It's now been 4 months and they still refuse to exchange or refund, they will only send a repair person over and over (and it's still not working). Each time they order a part it takes 3 weeks or it's a wrong part. I am looking to buy more appliances but there is NO way I will buy anything from GE ever again. I'm completely shocked that they aren't being remorseful and offering to exchange for a working freezer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 27, 2018

Hair Fridge Repair - Worst experience ever and I mean the worst. The notes are all in our case. The number is #**. We have been without a fridge since it first went out on Friday, March 2nd. It is an unreasonable expectation to let a customer go an entire month with no fridge. Nobody seems to care about the added cost and crazy inconvenience. This appliance is less than 3 months old. Your processes don't work.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Stop... Wait... Think... Before you buy your next Appliance from G.E. Can you afford to take 5 +days off of work? Can you be without that appliance for a month/month and a 1/2? Do you need the extra aggravation from the customer service department, because they really can't do a damn thing? Well if your answer is yes, Then buy your next appliance from G.E. They offer that and so much more. Our washer is only 7 months old. The washer stopped agitating so we called GE, they sent someone out to access and possibly fix. The technician was nice and respectful and seemed to know his job. The motor he said was bad so he ordered a new one, he said it would take about 7-10 days to get. I thought that time frame was a bit lengthy, so I called customer service.

Customer Service was nice, they told me they have some issues going on in their warehouse and would send me a check for $50. for my inconvenience. The motor came and I called to set up the appointment, got the appointment for the next day. The technician was the same man so he was familiar with the machine, he took apart our washer and tried to put the new motor in, but it was the wrong motor. He ordered a new one and said he was going to try to have them overnight it, but that never happened, so I called customer service again only to find out that they wouldn't overnight it and it would be another 7-10 days before it came. The right motor came, so I called GE to set up the appointment, got the next day. I had to cancel some appointments, but it was a Thursday and I couldn't do Friday so the next available day was Monday. And we needed to do laundry bad.

The new motor was put in, the technician said it was working, he left and I threw some sheets and stuff in the washer and it was doing the same damn thing. Called GE, they can't do anything till Monday. WTF!!! So on Monday a new technician comes out, again a very nice, respectful man looks at the machine and assesses it is definitely having the same issue, I show him the part that the other technician replaced and was definitely confused. The technician went to his truck(he had another motor) replaced it with the other one, the machine still doesn't work. The technician now thinks it is a capacitor, so I called customer service once again to have them overnight this part at the technician request, customer service said I should receive the part by Tuesday night so the technician set up the next appointment for Wednesday morning.

Tuesday night came looked on the porch to find nothing, that's right no capacitor so now I have taken more time off for Nothing!! Called customer service only to find out that the part won't be here till Friday and there is nothing they can do till Monday, and there is no guarantee that this new part will work. So on Monday it will be a month since my first call for the repair. And the best G.E. can offer me is a $25. check for the inconvenience again. They won't overnight another part, because there is one coming on Friday that was supposed to be here on (what's the small matter of a couple of days?).

Well it is Time, more time I have to take off from working, more time to go to the laundromat once, because we can't put that off anymore, we were conserving our clothes thinking that the washer would be working on Monday, & then again thinking by Wednesday for sure. So before you buy your next appliance from G.E., Think do you have time, money and patience. I don't but I am forced into it, so instead of lighting a fire in my appliance and delivering to them, I am writing out my frustrations and hoping someone else's time, money and patience will be saved.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought a new home, with brand new GE appliances. 9 months later, while baking a pie with my 30" GE Built-In oven, I hear a very loud buzz followed immediately by a shooting flame (high enough to be seen behind the pie on the top rack) before the circuit breaker popped and the oven lost power. I have never seen an oven die, and this is my first new oven. I contacted the builder who referred me to GE, where I followed the phone prompts to set up my repair appointment. A few days later, I was contacted by a representative in Atlanta while I was at work. She asked me to leave information on her voicemail if I wasn't able to reach her directly, which I did. I told her the oven had short circuited, there was a fire, the CB popped, and I had a hole in the bottom of my oven from it.

I received automated texts from GE stating I would need to be home from 8 am to 5 pm until the technician called (same day) to announce his/her arrival. I could not find any contact to give me a better time window. I had to sacrifice an entire workday to sit at home and wait for someone to show up. Just before 1 pm, the technician calls to ask me what the problem is. I found out later that Ms. ** apparently didn't add any information to my case file. The technician spent 45 minutes at least (not counting other stops he'd have made) driving out to my home to evaluate the electrically short circuited oven only to create another case file, and let me know to expect a call from a GE Customer Rep. in 24 to 48 hours. I canceled 2 appointments so I could SIT HERE all day only for them to come out and tell me what I already figured with a little common sense.

The technician was clean, nice, and professional... But can you believe he tried to sell me a warranty package? The builder installed 6 GE appliances for us, and he was plenty happy to try to sell me a policy. But after seeing that I'm not the only one with a bad service experience (and nobody has said anything about a replacement for this $1200 fire starter) WHY? WHO in their right mind is going to pay a couple thousand dollars almost to lose an entire work day FOR NOTHING!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Our 17 year old GE Profile refrigerator stopped cooling down. We received an estimate of over $700 to repair and replace parts. Initial technician told us it would take hours to replace the parts. He said it was a very labor intensive job. We went ahead and scheduled repair. He ordered the parts and had them shipped to our house. A pair of technicians arrived and ONLY replaced the heated drip pan (a small aluminum plate with some wires attached) - in about 15 minutes. They told us the "extra" parts in the box were "in case" they were needed, and they were not needed for our fridge.

They charged us $721.58 and left. We looked in the box and realized these were not "extra" parts but in fact, a KIT to replace the drip pan plus several other hoses and parts. We were charged for the entire kit ($311.10), and labor $387.93. There is also an error on the receipt, stating they replaced the Freeze Fan Motor. It was the DRIP PAN they put in. They only did 25% of the work and left 75% of the parts but we are being forced to pay 100%. ALSO, on the invoice it is stated that they replaced fan. NOT! We have been trying to resolve this by asking for a partial refund (if we return the rest of the unused kit) or finish the job, and they REFUSE to send back a tech to finish the installation.

They said they would charge EXTRA labor if they do!!! THIS is PREDATORY pricing and VERY unethical! We are beyond furious and disgusted with GE! I will fight this till the end if they do not resolve this!!! I would NEVER charge a client for a service AND products that WERE NOT DELIVERED!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE GE! They are crooks and criminals! Lastly, I found the replacement pan, online for $54.00! The reviews for the exact same replacement kit that they use, have an average rating of 2 STARS! Everyone said that after a month or so the parts start breaking!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called because I have only had my right height washer and dry for 2.5 years paid $1800 for them and the washer blew up like literally dents on top of washer from things flying inside. So I call to see if I have a warranty, and was told there is no warranty. I told her how unsatisfied I was that I spent that kind of money on them for them to only last 2.5 years and she responded with, "Well it wouldn't matter what product you bought. It probably would have broke anyways. That's how products are these days so I don't know what to tell you." So angry. Well I just bought my house and plan to buy all new appliances and will definitely not be buying any GE products for sure! My machines should have lasted for more than 2.5 years. Good to know that they don't stand behind their products either.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

New home. Dishwasher not working. Scheduled service call. Saturday not an option. I was told that I would receive a call 15-30 minutes prior to arrival so that I could leave work to get home prior to the technician arriving. I received an automated message stating I was next in line. I called back and sifted through the phone system to speak with someone. Eventually I was told that he could arrive anytime between 1:00-5:00, but that he would probably come to my house next. They said there was no way to contact the individual doing the work or to know where he was coming from. We live in the country, so his drive to us could have been easily an hour.

I arrived at 1:10 pm, waited an hour, called back again, and was told he had already been there at 1:30 pm. I explained that that was impossible as I had been there the entire time. Even after speaking with a supervisor, their only option was to schedule for another date/time. I explained, if only I had been able to actually be in contact with the individual, all the issues could have been avoided. Horrible customer service!!! I will never buy GE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

If I could I would give them negative stars. Purchased dishwasher 4 months ago and already leaking, called to make warranty appt, took 1/2 day off work and they called AFTER the appt window to ask if they could come late (I couldn't be home by then). Since then complete runaround by service dept to re-schedule including getting hung up on just now. Never again - I'm going to return the dishwasher today (purchased at Costco) and get a different brand.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Today, 01/09/18, btw 8am-12pm the GE repair guy was supposed to come to fix our dryer. A text to confirm was sent to us. We confirmed and I took the entire day off from work. The repair guy never showed up. We called to find out what happened. Customer service told us the repair guy called but no one answered so he didn't show. Basically we should have carried our cell phone by our side. So the text message sent to confirm means nothing. I guess they are called General Electric because they are poor at their repair service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I will never purchase another GE product ever again. For starters, be prepared to spend hours on the phone when trying to resolve any GE issue. The hold times (with awful music), disconnections and transfers are absolutely ridiculous. The amount of time spent on the phone alone is unacceptable, not to mention days taken off from work to accommodate numerous repairs.

We purchased a stack washer/dryer unit for a vacation condo. From day one we noticed the dryer was leaving black marks on our sheets, towels, clothing, etc. We have to drive three hours round trip every time someone is scheduled to go make a repair. After two unsuccessful repairs I requested that the unit be replaced. Of course, this was not as simple as it sounds. It required yet ANOTHER visit from the repair serviceman only for him to stand in my kitchen and make a phone call to the GE engineering dept and for them to deem the appliance "unrepairable". The repairman did NOTHING to the appliance on this visit, Between the three hour round trip drive and the four hour window arrival time, this was another day I had to take off from work (total three days now).

Note, GE will not do Saturday appointments for any kind of warranty work and of course, they do nothing to compensate for the inconveniences of time and missed work days. So long story short, GE delivers a new unit to us. Upon delivery, the delivery men break our coach light outside our door. When I mentioned it to the delivery guy he said "I'll just give you $20 for it right now. They're going to bill me anyway. Besides, I about broke my back getting it up here". Totally unprofessional in every way. I told him I would go through the proper channels to address the damage and I documented it on the signature sheet (and refused his cash offer). I am now going through GE insurance for this claim. On top of that, the installation was subpar.

They did not use any plumber's tape at the connection site which resulted in a leak from the washer. I did report all of this to GE (two calls, disconnected the first time, both calls with 20 minute hold times), although I seriously doubt they will do anything about it. Almost all the GE Consumer Relations representatives that I have spoken to over the past several months are rude and incompetent, to include the supervisors over them. Sadly, I can see that poor service and unprofessionalism is just a general, acceptable theme in the GE company. I have always stuck to high-end appliance brands for the service and reliability but decided to go cheaper for this particular item because it is in our vacation condo and not used on a daily basis. Lesson learned... You get what you pay for. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I do not think the delivery people know how to read. If your report says, come to my house. YOU COME TO MY HOUSE. They call us late, saying "Do you still need us to come?" DUHHHH we do. We have been waiting for over a month for them to show up because we had to reschedule them to come 5 times. No joke. The first time they dropped off the dryer but the plug got "stolen". BOYYYY - you go get the plug, do not leave us with this uninstalled dryer. Now, we wait wait wait... We are on the edge of returning this after today. COME ON. JUST DO YOUR JOB!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I got the appliance repaired and the part they replaced went bad within 1 month. Now it's under warranty so they have to repair it without any charges so they are taking long to set up the appointment. First appointment was given after 10 days and then rescheduled it for the part then again reschedule it because part was not delivered. I can understand for another week and then on the day of scheduled service they called and said technician had a family emergency and he can't come. Just trying to delay the service and doing service for who will pay them and not working for after sales services. Worst service. Please avoid and look for someone with better after sales service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

GE deserves negative stars. The quality and service are the worst. We will never buy or recommend GE. We would advise to avoid GE Monogram at all costs. Our GE Monogram 48” dual fuel range, 48" hood and ducts, 36" freezer, 36" refrigerator, Advantium microwave oven, top of the line dishwasher, oversized washing machine and dryer all arrived damaged, defective and broken. It has been a year and parts arrived damaged. There are serious issues with the culture at GE Monogram, Corporate Office and the Service Department. GE has rudely advised they are no longer going to honor our warranty or provide replacement parts to the items that arrived damaged because each item off the assembly line is defective and they are giving up.

GE Corporate Office sternly told me we are not going to replace the parts that were promised to us on the day of delivery. Regardless of spending a lot of money on GE Monogram, the GE approach is unacceptable. The Assistant to the President is argumentative, rude and tried to make an argument that my husband and I should lower our standards and accept the defects. I know we are like any customer who pays for a product and especially when it is going in a new custom home that we don’t expect or want dents, dings, discoloration or faulty and broken appliances in our home and we also don’t want GE telling us we should. There are other high end alternatives to GE that have much better designed products with superior quality and customer service.

GE does not have good record keeping, they do not honor extended warranties and they are not flexible to work with customers. The extended warranties are serviced by third parties. Surprisingly, our products are out of warranty even though they are less than a year old because GE uses the date of when the item was sent to the store versus when we received it and installed it. We have set up so many service calls and today the service person was rude, hung up on us and we still don’t know if he is showing up after waiting all day for him. We have been told by GE Monogram that we cannot communicate or set up any service calls with GE Monogram Preferred, we have to coordinate with the Assistance of the President and that person is on vacation. Doing anything with GE is painful, difficult and a waste of time where nothing ever gets resolved.

GE blames to customer for being difficult when the reality is customers lose their patients when they chase GE for a year for defective and broken appliances. When we tried to leave bad GE reviews, GE doesn’t allow reviews on certain products and they monitor what you can say. They rejected our reviews which advised of the issues we experienced. In order to upload some of our reviews, we had to delete a lot of the issues we have which doesn’t warn other customers. We wish we never bought GE Monogram because of all of the issues and the design.

GE Monogram doesn’t work well with customer European modern cabinetry. Our cabinet maker advised they never buy or recommend GE for this very reason along with the quality. Some of our trades advised that their clients who have GE Monogram are complaining about the same issues we are having, it is too bad to learn too late. I hope it isn’t too late for the person reading this review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

4 years ago we purchased new GE Café appliances for our kitchen. In that short amount of time we have had to have the oven replaced once and repaired twice! The refrigerator has had to be repaired once and the microwave died the day before Thanksgiving. The repairman said it wasn't worth fixing so we had to purchase a new one. I am an avid cook so yes, the appliances get their fair share of use but I take very good care of them none the less. Very disappointed to say the least as these were not "cheap" appliances. Sad to say but I'm just waiting for the dishwasher to need repaired/replaced!!! 4 years and too many problems!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

All were installed with a new kitchen in 2012. The microwave first broke in January 2017. After 4 repairs, GE agreed to extend me a discount to buy a new one. That microwave broke again in November 2017. I have missed 5 days of work and spent close to $500 in repair and replacement fees beyond the original 2012 investment. Two weeks ago, in early November, the stove top on our GE Hotpoint range stopped working. On the first service call a part was needed, on the second call the Tech realized it was the wrong part (ordered by GE), on what will be the third call on 11/27, GE will visit again but Consumer Relations is not sure they have the right part...

When speaking to Consumer Relations, you learn there is not ownership to coordinate the service calls or communication between technicians and you. The CR area is simply an answering service, they are only as good as the computer system telling them what is available. The GE product performance is abominable and given the track record with the microwave, I am fairly certain there are little to no quality assurance checks in the company. It was my mistake to choose GE, I will not make that mistake again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

GE does all their own repairs for appliances. No matter where you buy, like PC Richards etc... Only GE will come to fix it. The process takes two weeks to get a repair person to your home. Then another week for them to tell you if they can find the part. Then 2 weeks for an appointment to fix it. If they can't find a part then under the warranty you'll get a replacement but that takes 2 weeks at least! DO NOT BUY GE... PC Richards or Sears would handle the problem usually BUT not for GE... Stay away from GE.... I'll have no washer for a month only a month after the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had GE service come to my house to diagnose a problem with my range fan. After 30 mins of the repair person looking like he did not know what a range fan was, he claimed the unit was defective and it needed to be replaced. He then charged me $140 dollars for the service call and went on his way... well it turns out that the only thing that was wrong was the switch. He would have known this if he even hooked up a multimeter. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING GE FOR ANY REPAIRS. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have already contacted customer relations and they couldn't help me at all. I am tired and fed up with the "I'm sorry to hear that" and "I can't do anything to help you" from the representatives. I have had my refrigerator for 2 1/2 years and I am so angry that it has problems already. I was stupid to not get the extended warranty on the unit but I didn't. It wouldn't have helped me anyways because the part that is needed has been on back order... FOR OVER A MONTH!!! I feel like we have patiently waited for this part to come in and get fixed... But it hasn't... FOR OVER A MONTH!!!

What they need to realize is that these are real people who rely on your products every day. I had to throw out over $100 in food because the unit isn't working. I had water leak onto the floor due to the ice melting out of the ice dispenser. They need more parts that aren't on back order for over a month and more technicians that aren't going to rip people off for their service call that shouldn't have to be placed in the first place. No one should have to wait that long to get their appliance fixed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

$4500 GE appliances bought 1.5 years ago. Replaced the $75 water filter and now the digital control panel is frozen on GE symbol. This is a common issue and GE won't provide remedy. Buyer beware... GE is junk even at top of line and their warranty service is horrible. $400 repair after 1.5 years... Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have a GE model GYE22KSHFSS. Here in Charleston, SC. Within 2 years of this model it has broken repeatedly. The service tech has switched out both of the circuit boards, the water board the first year and the mother board the second year. Non which are under "warranty". Did I mention we paid $3000.00 for this appliance. Unfortunately, customer service will only discount service. I am very unhappy with the service and the lemon refrigerator that we purchased. I do not suggest GE Appliances.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

In February 2017 we purchased a GE gas dryer. Almost immediately I noticed that the dryer was not heating. I made a service call which I waited for almost a week and then of course the repairman did not have the part so it had to be overnighted and then of course another service call had to be made. All was well until this past Tuesday when the same dryer began making a loud noise. I attempted to make a service call for that Friday when I'd be home but the earliest available appointment was 8-5 on Monday. I took Tuesday 8-12. I have been attempting to escalate my complaint without success.

After over an hour on the phone I could not get an earlier appointment and basically that was just the way it is. Jennifer, a supervisor, refused to let me speak to her supervisor. So this new dryer - 7 months old will have 2 service calls and potentially be out of service for 4 weeks. Buyer beware. Do not buy a GE appliance. They are poor quality and their customer service is not helpful.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We had a defective oven liner, they sent the same part 3 times and damage every time until I called customer service and they asked FedEx to ship it with extra caution. We had a service tech come out randomly with no phone calls or notification to check on the part. We then call and they say these appointments have all been scheduled and I said it wasn't with me or my husband but the last time when they actually fixed it, 45 days without oven, they were very disgruntle. We had a damage part still there from that week that was delivered they wouldn't take and said they couldn't take cardboard, lol... the box the damage item sat in, and left a mess behind and just bad attitudes.

The guy take the actually over liner and puts it in his truck and then talks to my husband with his line that it is what it is and we shut our garage door and went inside, well our cameras picked up him coming back and dropping off that piece he replaced back into our driveway and walked off. We've now sat with promises of phone calls for 4 days and not one call back. We've called into the ext, got a person that answered today that was very defensive and she said she didn't know why we were upset. We hung up and she said our rep would call us in 48 hours.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We purchased a GE "laundry center" about a month ago. After a few days, it stopped as soon as it was filled with water and never entered the wash cycle. We had to fiddle with the controls to get it to empty. Upon calling GE service we discovered that it would be 10 days before we could have a technician at our house. I called to complain since we are in our 70's and it is quite an inconvenience to have to go to a laundromat.

They said they would have a technician at our house tomorrow. Then they called on the morning to say he was ill and that the original appointment was reinstated. Of course the window they give you is 8 to 5 pm so someone has to remain home the entire day. The technician arrived 10 days later and after inspecting the unit suggested that it was a "cord issue". So I replaced the cord myself to no avail. The tech then said he would have to order a part and that it would be another week. The appointment was set with GE. The day arrived and the technician showed up looking for the part which was supposed to have been sent to our house (no one told us this).

Since the part was not there he could not repair the machine. He told us that he was going to come back in two days. That day arrived but we had not heard from him or GE. I called GE and after dodging the usual robo-responses I was able to reach a human being by persistently and relentlessly pushing the "0" button. They told me that my appointment had been rescheduled for the following Wednesday. The part had not yet been delivered to the warehouse in Georgia, even though it had been shipped from Kentucky. I asked what carrier they used who would take 10 days to ship something from Kentucky to Georgia but I did not receive a coherent answer.

So now it will be three entire days that one of us will have to stay home, and we still have no confidence that the machine will be fixed. I did manage to get them to send us a check for $40.00 for the laundry bills! What a joke! DO NOT buy GE products. First of all, they are not really GE products anymore. The company is owned by the Chinese. Their idea of customer service is stone-age, and they care not a whit about their customers.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I would never willingly purchase GE because I'd always heard about how awful their products are. Now I know first hand because the new home I purchased came included with all GE Monogram appliances. Within 1 year, my dishwasher broke, my cooktop broke, and my microwave oven broke. I had them all serviced with little to no improvement.

The techs would blame power outages or local construction for reasons why things were malfunctioning instead of actually fixing anything, not to mention, they would often miss their appointment times. The whole thing was so frustrating and they drag it out to past the year mark, where they don't have to take responsibility anymore (as if they ever did). Do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY GE, and if you have the unfortunate luck of having it, be prepared to purchase a new set in a different brand sooner than later (like Whirlpool or LG).

Original review: July 22, 2017

We bought washer machine from Home Depot for our clinic 3 months ago. The wash machine was starting to make noise and we called GE Service for repair. They came and looked our wash machine. They said that we would need to get a new motor part but they will not honor our warranty because the machine is resided in our business, even if it is 1 year manufacture warranty. So, do not buy any appliances from GE for your business!!!

Original review: July 5, 2017

Our GE refrigerator stopped working due to what an electrician determined to be a power surge. We contacted GE and purchased a new main board. That did not fix the fridge. We contacted GE again to have a technician come (the refrigerator is 4 years old) and the earliest appt. was 4 days later. We were given a 4 hour window for service. After waiting for 3 hours and 20 minutes, I left my phone to use the bathroom. The technician called, I missed the call but tried calling back within less than 6 minutes.

All the numbers for GE only sent me to computerized support. My appt. was automatically cancelled because of the missed call. When I put my appt, confirmation number in to get information, I was cycled through "We have no records of this appt. " because it had already been cancelled. After calling the following numbers (470-330-5397, 866-478-8719, 800-432-2737, 770-795-7410) and waiting for over 40 minutes to speak to a human, I was told that my appt. was cancelled and could be scheduled for 5 days later. Customer service should be just that, helping the customer. In no way has GE done so.

GE Service Contracts Company Information