GE Service Contracts
1.00/5

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

GE Service Contracts

208 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I don’t understand how on earth this horrible company doesn’t have a class action lawsuit against it... I bought the whole kitchen appliance set from Lowe’s. It’s been a nightmare. Only bought them few months ago. The fridge was given to me bad with major problems. The fan doesn’t work and all seals broken. I tried calling GE numerous times. No answer ever. Never got nowhere. Most frustrating experience ever so I contacted Lowe’s general manager and finally got help. They somehow contacted them and had a GE repair guy come look so he tells me all this stuff wrong with the fridge and that they will only fix it but not replace it... Note that I had just bought the whole set days before so I called back Lowe’s and refused the fix and insisted on a new fridge, so Lowe’s made that happen.

Ok now the new fridge is having same problems. Seals not put on right and fan is going out...everything in it keeps molding within days. I can’t get ahold of no one at GE at all. Never a response or any numbers that work, only machines with no help. Can’t get anywhere... Also my stove glass top is losing its color from black to light silver every time I wipe it. I hate this company. I should of done my homework before buying. Never ever again. I will never recommend neither. I paid over $4000 for trash garbage. I keep seeing now all these horrible reviews about GE on every site.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My complaint is about the service call I set up for 1/18/2019. I was supposedly contacted, but I was home all day waiting for the service tech. We did not make contact, and as a result, I wasted an entire day waiting for service that never happened. I called to reschedule, and in the middle of talking to an operator, I was cut off. I called back, and the second operator I spoke to was rude. I now have to wait an additional two weeks to get my microwave fixed. I am a very unhappy customer.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After scheduling a second visit for GE to repair my dryer (after the first visit when they did not have a common part), I am yet again disappointed and frustrated. After waiting around a full day (they told me the wrong window to begin with), they canceled my appointment to replace the broken part. I had reached out to their main phone number to get updates (not possible to speak to someone, just automated) and attempting to reach out to the installer (ignored my calls and the voicemail box was full) the day of the second service, they just went and canceled it. Even when I called to follow up, they were only reschedule for another day a week in the future. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I would avoid them and buy another brand.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I had the most horrible experience with GE repair. I purchased a GE top load washer from Lowe’s in June 2016. It stopped working in October 2018. I was without a washing machine until today. I called for our first repair (GE top load washer less than 3 years old) on 10/15 and they came on 10/17 for the repair. Good start right? Well the 1st tech didn’t have the parts needed, so we had to wait over a week because the parts were on back order. The parts came 3 days later but they said the same tech had to install the parts so we still had to wait. Okay so the 2nd time the repair is done, and the machine breaks down the day after washing. Now we have to wait another 10 days for someone to come out.

They send a different tech who orders parts that are again on back order and we have to wait another 10 days. The parts arrive and they are the same parts used in the 1st repair??? But that tech made the repair On Thanksgiving Day so now our repair is pushed back another 10 days! They send yet another tech the first week of December who runs diagnostics and says it’s a motor problem and doesn’t know why the tech before him didn’t catch it and re-ordered the same parts. Again, parts need to be ordered.

To make an already very long and frustrating story shorter...the parts were on back order for February 2019 and GE didn’t even let me know. I found out from Lowe’s. Luckily I had purchased a Protection Plan from Lowe’s. They gave me a $50 laundry reimbursement and finally gave me a buy out for the full amount of my purchase including tax. After 2 months of dealing with GE Factory’s incompetence, I am so thankful that I bought the protection plan from Lowe’s and NOT from GE appliance otherwise I would still be without a washing machine. I will NEVER purchase a GE product ever again and I’m telling everyone I know to do the same!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bought a brand new washing machine in September, stopped working right away. GE sent out someone to fix it 3 different times... So didn't have a working product until the end of Nov. After worked for a month, broke again... They still won't replace it and just insist on fixing it. Meanwhile we're losing time and money and a brand new product worth $600 is pretty much a piece of garbage, but hey, as long as they don't lose money... And their phone assistance system is a maze on purpose probably. Bad product, bad service. DO NOT buy deal with GE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

GE telling people to get on their website to register for warranty. I purchased a new house and I got on to do just that. Now they are saying the site warranty request is not accurate, and that my appliance is out of warranty. When I went through to request service the site showed zero dollar for diagnosis fee, so I went through with the request. I also requested service for my stove, and it showing out of warranty and there will be a fee. If I want to go through with it or not. Of course I don’t want to pay so I cancel the stove request, but kept my refrigerator request schedule. The tech come out. Did not say anything about the warranty, he walked in and saying nothing is wrong and before he leave he saying we owe him money. I even show him the site printout showing zero fee, and he left all upset telling me to work with GE. Sound like it is a trap for consumer to make mistake to make money claim.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Purchased a GE 24 inch electric dryer (GE model DCVH480EK0WW) in September 2017. 14 months later the pulley wheel on the idler bracket and bearing assembly failed (GE Part Number WE01X10271 or WE49X28031). The $60.00 part has been on backorder for months. Without this part the GE dryer is useless. Contacted GE parts in Rapid City, SD. GE agent explained part is on backorder and has been on backorder for months. After contacting many parts suppliers across the United States, the same story is given. GE has become unreliable and incapable of supplying replacement parts on timely basis. As a consequence this GE product was replaced with dryer from another manufacturer with a far better customer service capability.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Just got a washer delivered on November 26 and it sounds like something is dragging. It is very loud and I can hear it with my laundry door closed. Called and they won't refund my money but want to send out a repair person. This is suppose to be brand new. I very been without a washer since September. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

G.E. Is no longer trustworthy. Their products do not last at all. Also the warranty is a joke. Buyer beware. Do not buy G.E. I have been using their appliances for years. NOW THE CONSUMER HAS TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING APPLIANCES.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If you plan to build a new home DO NOT purchase GE appliances until the day they are to be installed. Their warranty starts the day you purchase the item and not when you start using it. We have a new home that we purchased a microwave for and have only used it for 3 months and it is totally not working at all. The Warranty Dept tells me that they won't repair it because we chose to buy it several months before. We even have proof of when it was installed. This is totally unacceptable. So if you happen to get an appliance that has been in a vendor's warehouse for a while and you buy it ahead of time of your install you will be totally out of luck for the warranty. We should have stuck with our past experience and purchased all Whirlpool appliances instead of GE. My entire kitchen is GE and now I am afraid of what other appliance of theirs might go out.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Our business purchased 10 units. 9 of them are not working and we needed help to repair and or replace the said units we had purchased. We have called and called. Waited for return calls and scheduling of repairs. Still to date NOTHING...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Updated on 10/31/2018: The new igniter didn't work. Then my husband tried another part... something similar to a "motherboard". Didn't work. I am beyond livid. My husband tried emailing GE and they never responded. WHAT KIND OF A COMPANY IS THIS??? Just love that this is happening less than a month from Thanksgiving. I'm just at a loss for words at this point. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Purchased a GE gas range April 2017. A few days ago the oven would not heat up. My husband tried to install an igniter...which he has done several times in the past on previous ranges we've had and it didn't work. Apparently we need ANOTHER part(s) which may be pricey. AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF THIS HAPPENS??? Should have kept my last range even though it was old...it worked 'til the end. I will NEVER purchase GE again. The most cheaply made piece of garbage I've ever owned!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I do not have the words to describe how awful this experience has been. I had a service call on my dishwasher-which is only about 2 years old. The technician ran a diagnostic test and said he needed to order "one small part." He charged me for the visit. Never got a receipt for the visit charge. Never got any sort of confirmation as to what this "small part" is or how much it would cost. He said it would be delivered to me. The part is delivered to the customer?? No tracking, no information, nothing. That was over a month ago. After many many many calls to the worst customer service department that I have ever experienced, my dishwasher is still not fixed.

I have waited on hold for 30 minutes or more, I have been transferred to now one, I have been given misinformation. I keep getting notices that the part is on back order, and they keep pushing my appointment back. No one will tell me how much these parts cost... because now apparently it is not "one small part" but two parts. The technician quoted me a price, with no documentation, and no customer service person has access to any price information. They keep telling me "whatever the technician said is what I'm sure it is, we don't have access to that." My inclination is to cancel everything for my sanity and just purchase a new dishwasher NOT FROM GE. Never again. Never. Disaster.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Bought a GE dryer with an extended warranty, Dryer stopped working the week of August 20th, 2018... it is now October 15, 2018 and I am still waiting for my dryer to be fixed. The first time the tech came out he basically detached the dryer from the vent and said since the dryer works without it being connected to the vent, we need to rule out that the vent is clear, but he cannot check the vent for me, once we check the vent he will come back. My husband checked the vent on less than a minute and found it to be clear, now I had to wait two weeks because they don't allow their techs to check vents, for the tech to come back.

After going back and forth for another two weeks they finally decided to order a new motor for the dryer, then waited another two weeks for the tech to come and install it. Tech came to install and could not remove the old motor from the brackets, now needed to order new brackets too, another two weeks wait. Tech comes back again and surprise... they did not include all the parts in the bracket packet, need to order the rest of it, now I am being told I have to wait until 10-23-18 because the tech in my area only comes Tuesdays and Thursdays and that is the next available date. I have called several #'s for GE to try to expedite their response time to no avail. I will never buy a GE appliance ever again and will shout it from the highest mountain to anyone that will hear me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a service call on my dishwasher. Service was good. The technician said the part is warrantied and he would send me the receipt by email. I never got it. I have spent 10 days, calling 8 different customer service numbers to get a copy of the receipt. On day 3 I got someone to commit to sending me a copy by mail. I have received nothing. My message here is: if GE has an opportunity to make money on you…great service. If you need help after the fact...good luck. Due to this I will never use GE again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased a new GE dryer from Home Depot for a new house. Had appliances delivered and installed days before we officially moved in. A day after moving in I attempted to do laundry and the dryer sounds like it has bowling ball inside. Call GE to be told that someone will call me in 72 hours to schedule service appt. They call, and schedule for a week later. HUGE inconvenience! Now, the tech says he must order a part that will not come in until the 19th. That is 3 weeks without a dryer for my family. Previously, I went to the laundromat and spent $40 so that my kids can go to school in clean clothes. Now, I will need to go again. Will GE write me a check for $80?? Doubt it. DO NOT PURCHASE GE APPLIANCES!! POOR QUALITY AND EVEN POORER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I also waited on hold for 57 minutes just to talk to someone who told me there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

If there was a rating below one star, I would choose that as it would be more appropriate. I have a brand new dryer, have had five service appointments and have taken six days off, one they never showed for. They refuse to replace unit, and I had a Supervisor tell me today ‘I am the Supervisor and this is my call,’ along with ‘GE will not appreciate your threats,’ when I suggested hiring an attorney as a last ditch option. Furthermore, while I was on the call for my 30 minute notification with the tech, who knows me now after being here over and over, GE ‘dispatch’ called on the other line to confirm and because I could not be on two calls at once, and cancelled my appointment. Thankfully the tech came out on his own or it would have been another wasted day. The legacy of the GE appliances that our parents shared, is no longer a gift. Please do not spend the money. You will pay dearly in time and frustration, with a company that simply does not care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Purchased GE oven and dishwasher as part of $35000 kitchen renovation. The "stainless steel" finish disintegrated from fingers and hands, water. Appears to interact with oil from fingers and discoloration with permanent finger and hand prints results. Water stains the finish also. It also rusts. I called GE customer service today at 1:18 pm at 800-432-2837 and spoke with a representative who happily told me that this is "cosmetic" and so they are not responsible. Maybe cosmetic doesn't matter much to GE, but it's going to matter a lot to the home buyer when I try to sell my house. GE is poor quality and doesn't stand behind their work. This is an incredibly poor investment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Read all the bad reviews and you will see one thing in common, GE CANNOT GET PARTS OUT OF CHINA! GE Appliances sold out to Chinese company HAIER! I had to get Lowe's replace my range because after 4 Months GE has still not got my part in for a brand new range that has not worked since day 1!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

9/6 technician evaluates the problem I described online for 30 seconds. He charges me $99 for what I already knew. He tells me the part will be here next week. 9/13, no one has called to schedule a time for the repair. I place a call. They inform me that someone is coming out on 9/14 between 8 am and 12 pm. 9/14 NO ONE SHOWS or calls. 9/16 I call GE who informs me after waiting on hold for 1 hour, that the part is on backorder until 10/18! WHAT?!? 9/16 I have the case escalated to consumer relations. 9/21 They call to tell me they can give me a $1600 oven instead of the $300 part. WHAT?!? This is the worst customer relations EVER. They are rude and have zero authority to do anything. Their response is that "because of the age of the product..." Really - who buys a stove/oven every 5 years? Are they making that crappy of a product? I'm very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Impossible to get parts for my brand new range that has never worked! Purchased in May and still no parts. GE keeps extending the parts availability. 4 months out and now I'm telling Lowe's to replace this junk. NEVER BUY GE!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I would NEVER recommend anyone call GE Appliance Repair unless you would like to pay more for a simple service than a new appliance (which I'd not recommend you purchase a GE Appliance due to their defective products and lack of reasonable customer care to address them). I should have paid attention to prior reviews, as they have an overall 1-STAR rating.

I HIGHLY recommend if you need appliance repair to go with a local vendor who will be transparent about their costs and fair in their assessment of labor charges. You might even try Task Rabbit or HomeAdvisor to get a few quotes from reasonable service providers. GE Appliance Repair arrived today, spent 10-minutes fixing the "issue" with my six year old dishwasher, which was actually a PRODUCT DEFECT (handle fell off because an internal screw was not sealed and therefore fell out behind the panel. Screw is not accessible unless you take apart the machine). I was charged $215 dollars for a 10-minutes visit, during which time, the repair consisted of screwing the internal screw back into place and then "sealing" it because it apparently wasn't sealed before.

This sounds to me like a great way for GE to make money. Sell products that WILL fall apart from the inside, where you cannot access them to repair yourself, so you call their service team to come repair. And then they charge insane amounts to repair their defects. Hummmm... food for thought. GE Appliance Repair doesn't even appear to have a Seattle office, only a phone number. I'd call someone you can trust, like a local business with brick and mortar. Not a number that is probably answered by someone 1000 miles away who won't help when you need them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

An AC unit that was purchased less than 3 months ago stopped blowing cold air. A repair order was called in (Wed), a Triage Tech (not a repair person) came in (Thurs), ordered part and stated the part was on back order until November. I was told I would receive an email and a call from the repair person to follow up on the next step. No call or email received.

So I called the repair number back the following afternoon (Fri). The person I spoke to there did see that the part was on back order until November at this time she transferred me to the customer escalations department. Here I spoke to a woman who agreed that November was too long to wait and that even a week mid NC summer was too long. She stated the order was placed on priority and that per policy they had to allow the parts dept an opportunity to locate the part. I hung up with her after she said I would receive a call today (Monday) with a resolution to this issue either way (repair or replace). No call, I called.

I spoke with a woman named Tanya. She reviewed the issue and stated that the person Friday could not have said I would have an answer today because they do not do follow up calls on Mondays. To which I replied, according to your hold music all calls are recorded and I know what I was told. This is where she told me that according to their policy they had to wait 48 hours after an order was placed to allow the parts department to receive the order and then they have to allow "some time" (notice that is an unspecified amount of time) for them to attempt to locate the part, the customer service representative at this time said "we are currently in limbo until the parts department researches this back order and attempts to obtain the part."

Now I have been on the phone for over 2 hours trying to resolve this issue with no clear answer. I conveyed that this is unacceptable. Disregard the weekend (since they don't work weekends) this is still a 4 day wait period before I get and answer, and not a resolution or fix mind you, just an answer that I will hopefully receive tomorrow.

Even if by some miracle our unit is repaired or replaced tomorrow this is still poor customer service/repair practices. This is in a commercial facility and too much time, money and energy has already been wasted on this issue on both ends. A quicker resolution would have been more cost effective, and much better customer service. Update: I started writing this yesterday and was pulled away before I could finish or post. Here it is almost midday and still no update by phone nor email, which means I need to call again adding to the cost on both ends yet again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. The worst customer service ever and totally liars. You should never trust them and if you want to speak with the manager you will have the worst person answer the call. He knew nothing about the technician that show up on my door. They send me a technician with a horrible attitude. Definitely he hated his job. They will lie regarding the service charge. Please be careful from them. You definitely do not want to buy any more GE appliances.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a Trim Kit off their website and it wasn't the correct one. Took 3 phone calls to determine the proper way to return it after being left on hold each time for 30 minutes. Tried resolving by email, but they said I could contact returns via email. Finally returned the item and haven't been given credit so called again only to be left on hold for over an hour to be told it takes 30 days to receive credit and when I asked why so long was told "I don't know". I proceeded to express my dissatisfaction about the service GE was providing and ask if I could speak to someone concerning it. I was then transferred to a number that just rang and rang. No wonder everyone is going with Amazon. Their services cannot be beat! I have had several GE appliances, but after this experience I will never buy another one.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought over the range microwave. I bought extended warranty from Lowe's. The microwave has stopped working 3 times within a year with the same problem. Each time I call for repairs they tell they are back order on the parts and I have to wait 4 weeks for the parts to arrive. Once the parts arrive I have to call them back. Each I call they transfer me to different dept and they put me on hold for 25 minutes before anyone can talk to me and once I got a schedule technician they give 4 hour time frame.

The technician did not show up twice. Neither they bothered letting you know they will not be coming so I WAITED ALL DAY. Nobody showed up so I have to call again next day. Then they told me they have another opening next week so finally they come. They tell me they have incomplete parts in the mail so they have to order missing parts. I so fed up of it. My microwave is still not fixed yet. GE is a piece of junk as well as customer service. Will never buy GE appliance again. Never ever. They don’t even deserve a single star rating.

Original review: July 12, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. My fridge is only 2 years old and was here in my brand new house when I bought it. My builder and I are supposed to split the bill. When the service guy came to the house, he charged me $222. I called and fought the price as the issue was with the fan in the back of the fridge and it should be covered by a warranty. I've never had issues with my 20 year old fridge and never had to replace any parts before so I got $50 back.

My builder called and they said the total came out to $108 which is incorrect. The total is $172. I tried calling again to try to figure out what the issue was with the total prices and had to wait another hour to speak to a person. Tried to avoid this service by using their online chat but they are unable to answer any question... Really, the worst customers service and is so inconvenient for a working person to deal with. I would recommend using a different company for appliances. Their appliances don't seem to be that great and their customers service is absolute garbage. Never buying anything from them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My 5 year old fridge was leaking. Called GE, they talked me into having a rep come out with a $99 service fee that would be refunded as credit for another GE product. I specifically asked if I can spend on a small appliance or if there were any limitations and I was told yes I can use on a small appliance with no limitations. When rep came he charged me and gave me receipt for rebate and said I would have to spend at least $200 to claim rebate. Since then, I've spoken to 3 others by phone with different explanations as to how rebate works. Finally called rebate center and they explained if my fridge not repairable and I had to buy a new one... the $99 rebate would apply. WHAT A SCAM! I will never buy another GE product again! $3000 fridge needed major repairs in 5 years... and the worst customer service a company could ever possibly have!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Purchased a new washer dryer combo from Lowe’s and the washer never worked, I will NEVER !!! Buy another GE appliance EVER!!! GE would not replace it and sent a service tech out to repair, part is back ordered for another 30 days. I have owned the washer for over a month and never used it... WOW!!! Junk build quality!!! And customer service is useless!!! Very upset!!! A complete waste of money and time!!! DON'T BUY GE!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

We've had a GE washer for approximately three years (with warranty). Called for service, someone came out the next day. Service person said even though the machine was three years old, it needed major parts replacement, $930.00 worth. They said it would take two weeks for parts to be delivered. The day before the two week deadline they called and said the parts would take another additional two weeks to be delivered. Four weeks for parts to arrive??? That's horrible customer service!!! WILL NEVER BUY A GE APPLIANCE AGAIN... EVER!!!

GE Service Contracts Company Information