GE Service Contracts

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had a problem with our GE Washing Machine that is less than two years old. The serviceman (Rocky) came, charged us $168.00 to do nothing either relevant or practical. He adjusted two front feet and said he was leveling the machine which would fix the problem. He left and he was wrong. We got him to come back and he adjusted the front feet again and said that would take care of the problem. He was wrong. Fed up, we contacted another repair service (non-GE) and the service technician who identified the real problem and did in turn fix the machine. Beware of GE in home service on Washing Machine in Connecticut, it is a dog and pony show with ripoff pricing.

I had a service call for a light that was out on my GE Monogram oven. The screw would not come out when I tried to change the bulb myself. The GE employee told me that what was wrong was a part and that the part was no longer made. Today, an electrician was able to get the screw out and found that it was just a bulb that needed to be replaced. I called GE and had to spend an hour waiting, each person refusing to refund the charge for the service visit, which included only the man opening the oven door and seeing that the light did not go on. He did not attempt to unscrew the light cover. I ultimately spoke to a supervisor who also refused, Nicholas ID# **. I am appalled and want to warn everyone away from this company.

My dryer broke, called and scheduled a GE repair. They gave me an 8 am-5 pm window for repair. They called me and I was working from home and on the phone. I called back within 5 minutes and they said they would have to RESCHEDULE, the repairman already left the area... This is not ok. What company gives someone an all day window, then doesn't give that person the ability to call them back. My husband called and said "is this a joke." They said "NO, it's our policy. If you don't answer the phone then we move on." After reading these reviews, I am going tonight to buy a new dryer, NOT A GE! Done with this joke of a company. I feel for people taking time off from work for these repairs.

I have a GE refrigerator purchased in 2013. It is 3 1/2 years old. I bought an extended warranty on refrigerator from Brandsmart but today when I needed help I got nowhere. The drawers made of plastic have pieces that broke off in removal for cleaning. The freezer shelf keeps falling down because it is too small. I called GE because I was told none of this falls under the extended warranty. No help.

I had to buy a replacement drawer and when I called their customer service department about how to put the vegetable drawer back in the refrigerator (it doesn't go back in) they told me I must have broken something or am not doing this correctly. I have been to this rodeo before as I am 70 years old. I have NEVER had a problem re-assembling my refrigerator for cleaning.. I was given no help except to call a repair man for a drawer that is NOT broken. I will never buy GE or buy anything from Brandsmart again. They both are a bitter pill to swallow. Buyer beware!!

I purchased a refrigerator during the holiday season when families are very busy. I visually inspected the refrigerator upon receiving it. However, I did not run my hands along the side where the defect lays. There are waves on the side panel and the fridge makes a constant buzzing sound. A technician was sent out to address the noise but said he could do nothing about the waves. Although very curt he acknowledged the waves were not dents from delivery or abuse. He proposed I was "arguing a moot point", basically not wanting to address the annoying buzz coming from the appliance suggesting if I was planning to call customer relations then I'd be getting a new refrigerator.

Well, I called customer relations. I got Jennifer who was also very rude, even taking to yelling at me. I then called back and asked for a supervisor. After explaining my situation to Evan I got Danielle. Which I then explained my situation again. I sent pictures via email of the defect. In the end, I was told this was all cosmetic and the warranty does not cover dents which are cosmetic.

I did not spend money on a used, refurbished, reconditioned, dented, or defective refrigerator. Cosmetic as you call it - it is defective. I did not manufacture the refrigerator, GE did. I expect GE to take pride in their quality. This is not the quality of work you should be putting out. This is substandard quality assurance. Do not put onus of responsibility on the customer to catch all of your defects. You didn't! Your employees do not have the right to be rude to or yell at your customers. I chose GE over Samsung because of Samsung's history of terrible customer service. I see that GE offers no better. I am doing a complete kitchen remodel. I will be returning your dishwasher, this refrigerator will go to the garage and I will not be purchasing anymore GE appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

We bought an GE Profile double oven 5 years and 3 months ago. Of course our 5 year extended warranty expired and appliance stopped working 3 months later. The next 3 1/2 weeks have been nothing but a big mess dealing with ge service. First service called on 1/19/17, lasted about 15 minutes cause I had to remove cabinet to get stove away wall. Service person said he could not wait and left. Stove was pulled from wall 2 minutes after he left. After this first service call I've had 4 service calls cancelled, by GE for no apparent reason. Finally on 1/27, another service person came out and had to order parts. Parts arrived and another appointment was set up for 2/6/17. They just left and need to order more parts. So as of this writing still no working stove/oven.

I have never been treated so poorly by customer service, I've been lied to, hung up on. I will NEVER purchase another GE product again. Been 3 weeks without a range and they are coming back on Thursday. I guess they don't know what they're doing just changing parts until they finally get the right one. Sad when you pay 1700.00 for a range and it only last 4 years then you are told you'll probably have to replace.

GE appliances was bought out by a Chinese company, Haier - a company well known in the US for its low quality products and total lack of product support. You can find many Haier products at Walmart. This occurred in June 2016. Consumers are advised to get an extended warranty from reputable sources such as Square Trade which are almost half the cost of Assurant, a non Haier company with a reputation almost as bad as Haier.

Be very careful when you purchase a water heater with the name Redeem. When you have a warranty issue (and you will). You will be treated very badly, talked down to. Nobody will listen to your problem or concerns. They read from scripts and that is it. Yes there are two side to every story. GE/Rheem contracts with only one company in the greater Orlando area. They offer (push you to) a $125.00 "Go find your own guy". That way GE/Rheem side steps their warranty (then it belongs to your guy). At the end you are left with a piece of metal and cold water. Service Master is another story, if you hear the name of this company "RUN". Not sure how all this will work out.

Bought a gas dryer from Home Deport. GE model GTW460. Quit after 6 months. Then tried to get GE to repair under warranty. Laughable game that they play. Actually had a repair company assigned and a work order and when I talked with the repair company, they informed me that they reject all GE warranty calls as GE fails to pay them for their work. This will be the last GE product I ever buy. Have gone to Lowe's and dragging this piece of crap out of my house. This is just the first step in a campaign against GE that I will enjoy pursuing...

I have a piece of crap GE dishwasher that is 1.5 years old. It will not turn on. It keeps giving me a "locked controls" error message. GE is worthless and will now send a repairman that I must pay for what is technically a brand new dishwasher. This appears to be an electrical issue. Same as I've had with my GE Profile. What is going on with GE? Are they going out of business? They truly should if their appliances only last 1.5 years.

I have bought all rooms ac in hotel at my 2 hotel. So sorry that we decide to go with name brand GE??? So disappointed. Bought 50+ ac unit with additional 5 year warranty. Ever since we bought this we had to call them several time. Never on time or so late response. After year or so they won't come to repair neither return phone call. STRONGLY ADVICE TO EVERYONE NEVER BUY ANY APPLIANCE FROM THEM. NO GE APPLIANCE IN OUR RENTAL PROPERTIES.

The GE company sells garbage products! I made the mistake of buying all my kitchen appliances (6 appliances) from GE in April 2016. Since then, the fridge broke in July 2016 and I couldn't close the door. GE gave me service date for two weeks later. My fridge was on with a open door for two weeks. In October the dishwasher and convection oven broke. I tried making service appointments. The service guy came and diagnosed the problem and told me he has to order the parts and will come back to fix it. Since then, the parts arrived. However the service guy cancelled the service appointments three times.

The last service call was scheduled this past Friday January 6, 2017 from 8:00 AM-12:00 PM. The guy never showed up. I called the service center and after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes, the guy tells me that the service guy knocked on the door at 3:16 PM and nobody answered. I asked the representative "the appointment was scheduled for the morning." He tells me that I can reschedule or speak to consumer services. I was transferred to consumer services and waited for an hour on the phone before finally hanging up. All consumers should take my advice. Don't buy GE products! They break after a few months and then there is no one to talk to. I will never buy a GE product again!!!

I work for a small furniture company and am the person assigned to contact GE to deal with the numerous complaints about GE appliances, and their warranty failures. I work hard to get GE to honor their warranties, and it is not an easy job. In most cases, if you made your purchase from a small appliance store, they have someone who will try to help you with warranty problems. I thought I would share a couple of tricks I have learned to use in dealing with them... but I will warn you that there is no guarantee that it will work with them every time.

First, call 1-800-626-2005. Why? Well, you can always get a human being there, unlike their normal appliance repair at 1-800-432-2737. Listen to the prompts, and wait until you are offered the option to ask questions about GE appliances. It's a sales line and always staffed with humans. When you speak with the rep, just ask about their prices or anything else about their appliances and give them a minute to brag about their product. Now, tell them your problem. I always like to ask why they don't honor their warranty... after you let the rep stammer a bit, if you don't get a satisfactory answer, DEMAND to speak with his/her supervisor. Now, without being vulgar, let the supervisor have it with both barrels! Don't feel bad about them having to stop playing solitaire or surfing the internet, they should be taking care of YOUR PROBLEM NOW!

Don't let them bully you. Push back and make absolutely sure you have their undivided attention. Tell them you have tried all of the other options, and this is a last resort before contacting your attorney. In some misguided way, GE's employees seem to feel that the longer they can put off repairs to your appliance the more secure their employment is. Apparently they don't grasp that there are other solutions to consumers' appliance needs.

Do NOT let them lie to you. Hold them to task and be adamant about what you want as a solution for your situation. Either record your conversations (yes, it usually takes more than 2 calls) or take good notes. Always keep the details of any appointment they schedule --- the service provider's name and location (get a phone number if possible), the date (make them repeat it at least once) and time (if provided) and make sure they stick to it. If they make an appointment for Thursday, don't wait until Friday to ask why no one showed up. If your service is scheduled for 1:00 PM or later, call GE by noon to confirm the service provider will be there. If they aren't there by the scheduled time, call GE again.

If no specific time was set, call each hour until the service provider arrives. GE is going to tell you they can't help you, but that isn't true. Be persistent and they will get you taken care of because they really want to get back to texting their boyfriend, playing on their phone or tablet, or gossiping... which you keep interrupting.

10.5 months ago I purchased a GE Cafe dishwasher. The warranty on the product from GE is for 1 year. One week before Christmas, the dishwasher stopped working. I had turned on the dishwasher and the machine lost power mid cycle. I had half washed dishes and the bottom of the machine was filled with water. I called the GE service number and set up an appointment for the following week. I was already disappointed that I had to wait a week for a company to address a warranty. I took the day off and waited. And waited. And waited. No one showed. No one called. No one bothered to inform me what was going on. I was home during my four hour window, why didn't GE honor THEIR promise to show up? GE picked the time, why didn't they follow through?

Eventually I was able to get hold of a living person at GE and they contacted the repairman. So, into hour 5 of my wait, the repairman called me. He told me he was too far away and wasn't coming. Then he diagnosed the problem over the phone (without looking at the machine). He told me he couldn't fix it anyway. He advised me to take another day off from work and make another appointment. Sure, GE does not think my job is valuable. Apparently what I do for a living is pointless and I should just stay home. I mean the appliance is under warranty so if GE waits long enough, the warranty will expire. Lessons: GE repairmen cannot fix GE machines. They also don't have the common courtesy to call you and talk to you. GE products will break but GE doesn't give a damn. And finally, a GE warranty does not guarantee that GE will even try to fix your problem. Basically, they will give you the honey badger treatment.

My less than a year old Adora electric stove is broken. I have probably used the oven maybe 10 times total and it just stopped working one day. So I call GE for service. The soonest they can get someone in is 2 weeks. SO, forget Thanksgiving!! Anyway, 2 weeks goes by and the guy comes and he can't fix it. He will order a part and I will get it and then I can schedule ANOTHER service call. The only "TIME SLOT" in my area is, um, between 8am and 5pm, super. So, another entire day wasted waiting for GE service for a new stove that shouldn't be broken.

The second service call is scheduled a week out, so that's a little better, as now my oven has been out of service for over one month. Yesterday I wait during my allotted time slot, you know, 8am to 5pm. Well, no one ever showed. I actually called GE at 4:30pm concerned that no one had contacted me yet since I was supposed to get a call 30minutes before arrival. They assured me nothing seemed wrong and I need to wait. I asked them what I should do if no one showed up. They told me I'd have to reschedule, and the only "TIME SLOT" available was 8am to 5pm. Well, no one showed up by 5pm and I called back to tell them this and "OH, the place you call to schedule CLOSES at 5pm".

So here I am having waited, LITERALLY ALL DAY, and now their call center is closed, no one has contacted me about my service appointment and I have no one to talk to about it. Luckily the dispatcher called me at about 5:15pm to say he was sorry but the technician didn't seem appointment and has already gone home for the day. Awesome. I completely unload all my frustration on this guy, and I have to admit he handled it well. He was able to reschedule the appointment for the next day between 3pm and 5pm, so apparently GE appliance service can offer smaller appointment windows to customers but they choose not to, which is terrible.

I have now wasted two full days and over 5 weeks with a broken Adora electric stove. I thought this thing would be reliable, or at least the service would be but it's not. And it is so completely wrong to force customers to accept an appointment window of 9 hours, especially when they do not have a system in place to ensure that the service technicians will actually SEE the appointments that are on their schedule. Unless they have 100% success with their appointment system, and will NEVER miss a scheduled call they really should come up with a better system for the customer who ends up being a victim to GE Appliance service's total failure to communicate a schedule correctly. I was told it was a "computer error". Regardless of whether or not this is actually true the fact remains that the system is not solid and they should not inconvenience people this way, it's just plain wrong.

I have been trying to get my dishwasher fixed for over 2 months now. I have had it less than 6 months. GE have rescheduled the appt several times. Finally got a service person here and he was to order the part. Could not reach him for over 2 weeks to see if he had the part to get an appt to have part installed. GE ended up calling the 3rd party person to see what was the problem. The 3rd party service person picked the date he could come to install the part. 1 pm to 5 pm was my time slot. He did not show up after calling at 3:30 and saying he would be late. Would arrive about 5 or 5:30. My husband Sat at home from 1:30 waiting on him; Waste of my husband's time.

I called GE to try to find out what to do now. The first customer service person hung up on me. The second customer service person that I talked to about it told me it was my responsibility to call the 3rd party person... not GE. I have tried to call the 3rd party person. They won't answer the phone. I just need my dishwasher fixed. What kind of business is this?? Poor customer service. I don't know if they are going to fix my dishwasher or not. So hate I bought "I have been trying to get my dishwasher fixed for over 2 months now. I have had it less than 6 months. GE have rescheduled the appt several times. Finally got a" GE appliances. So frustrated!!!

Sept. 21, 2016 I had a GE serviceman come to repair my out of warranty GE microwave. The problem was that the platter would not rotate and the cooling fan would not run although it would heat. The service man did no diagnosis other than to observe the problem I just described. He immediately said "you need a new platter motor and a new fan motor" that he would have to order. The cost would be approx. $350. I questioned his diagnosis and said the probability of both motors going bad at the same time was hard to believe. His response was "they aren't running are they?"

I told him I could buy a new microwave for the cost of the repair. And to not proceed any further. He charge me $106.95 and left. He was in and out in about 15 minutes. I continued to use the microwave for the next few days as it would still heat. Then all of a sudden the problem resolved itself without any actions on my part. It continues to run trouble free to this day (Nov.4). Obviously his armchair diagnosis was wrong. Two motors just do not magically heal themselves, and I got ripped off for $106.95. I believe the real problem is probably the door switches because that is the only thing that moves when I used the microwave. Based on this experience I will never use GE service again or for that matter buy any GE products. I would recommend to anyone who requires service on a GE product DO NOT USE GE FACTORY AUTHORIZED SERVICE.

We were delivered a new GE washing machine from a local appliance company. Upon first use, the machine quit mid-cycle and would not work. The appliance installers came the next day, said it looked like a "faulty machine" and told us because it was now under GE warranty, we would have to go through GE Service Repairs for a fix. GE could not send anyone out until a week later. Four hour appointment windows - worse than the cable company in this day and age. When GE service finally came out, they could not fix the problem and had to order parts... on a brand new machine. Could not come back again for several days. Parts were delivered to our home and GE service came out again. Replaced both parts and declared everything to be working. "Passed all my tests!" he said. The machine stalled again on the very first use.

Tried to call the service guy back (still within our 4 hour window) but he would not answer his phone and did not return two messages that were left. Called the GE Service Repair line. On hold for over 20 minutes before someone would answer the call. Was told we'd have to wait another week for someone to come out and look at the washer again. Unacceptable. Was given a consumer feedback line and again, placed on hold for nearly 30 minutes only to be told the same thing, that no one could come out for another week. No urgency or empathy displayed by GE. It's clear their representatives are reading from scripted lines and don't care about the individual customer. Our local appliance company agreed to replace the washer and deal with GE directly. Eluded to our machine being "a lemon." We will never buy a GE appliance again due to the horrible customer service we received and would never recommend GE to others. Pathetic!

Called for repairs: Here's how ridiculous they are: It's all so damn cold and bureaucratic: automated options, automated calls, damn robotic. They give you 5 hour window of when they will show up, like we have no other life than to sit around waiting for them to arrive. The guy never showed up by 5 pm so I left, then he showed up 20 minutes later looking for me, but I couldn't answer the phone. He leaves me a number to call back that does not work! Damn GE charges me for the service call that never happened!!! They make me go through customer relations department to process a damn refund! **! PIECES OF **!!!

I have never been more disappointed in any company than I am with GE. My husband and I purchased $10,000+ of GE appliances for our new home from Jeffers McGill and the range, dishwasher and washer were not working properly. Our first service call was a window from 8 - 12 which is absurd because my husband had to take 4 hours of vacation time to be here for them to come. The service man fixed the range and needed to order parts for the dishwasher which I already knew would have to happen but they wouldn't order them ahead of the service call.

They gave us another service window on Friday afternoon but I explained a 4 hour window wouldn't work but 2-4 would. The service guy called my husband at 1:15 to say we were next in line and my husband explained I would be home by 2:00 pm as we discussed. The service guy called at 1:45 to tell my husband he was leaving the house and had been waiting for 15 minutes and couldn't wait any longer. I called the guy immediately and told him I was on the way and would be there by 2:00 as promised. He said they don't have 2 hour windows and I said that was what the other service guy promised would work just fine.

I called every GE service number I could find, they were all automatic and no way to connect to a human. I finally got one phone number and someone answered and said I would need to be connected to Consumer Services. I have been on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I have never been more furious in all my life. I took 3 hours of my vacation time to be at home and now they tell my husband the next available service call is over a week from now. UNACCEPTABLE.

SHAME ON YOU GE. SHAME on you. My husband spent 4 hours at home and you didn't fix it. Your service man hung up on me and left the house before he should have. I have been on hold for close to 1 hour and a half and no one has picked up one time to tell me sorry or what can we do to help. SHAME ON YOU! I will never ever buy a GE appliance again. I cannot go through this pain and misery to get something fixed that should have never been broken to begin with. $10,000 worth of brand new appliances and this is how they treat a VERY GOOD customer. I have never been more upset. I want my time, energy and vacation hours back.

Horribly cheap and overpriced products. You will pay for them beyond the initial purchase. Customer service is a giant scam. One year warranty is a complete joke. Have had an issue with washer a few months ago. It took myself over two weeks to finally schedule, yes, just schedule a technician to my home to repair the machine. You'll get through the customer service to a live person every time but the excuses these people come up with are absurd. From my "system crashed and to reboot it it will disconnect you" to "oh dear, we have no openings available for at least a year". The customer service division is actually contracted out to an outside source. I don't blame them either for their horrible products.

These people will do everything they can to get you fed up and frustrate you to the point where you will want to just call a repair company and pay to have your junk fixed. I truly think they get incentives with the more people they turn away, to where GE is not paying to warranty their crap. So here, in less than a year, my machine is broken again. And here I go again battling the "customer service" department. Companies like this, that have gotten as big as GE need to become EXPOSED. But sadly, too many things are like this these days and all we are left with to fight is to leave these measly bad reviews. Well, as long as one person reads this and stays clear, I guess it helps.

I called GE to repair my GE Profile microwave and was happy to learn that the repair they performed on my microwave 4 years ago was still under warranty to fix. The heating element keeps burning out. I was grateful that the repair would only cost $108.95. Then the GE repairman came to my home and the nightmare started. Mind you GE gives you an ALL day window for the technician to arrive 8-5 and there is no one you can call to see when the technician might arrive. After waiting for the repairman to arrive my husband met him at the door and greeted him. He asked what was wrong and we explained it was repaired 4 years ago and the part was still under warranty. Then he said it would cost $108.95 plus $268.00 to fix the microwave. I said no. The part is under warranty. He said that was just for labor. I said I was told the labor was 108.95. He said "NO that's just the service call."

I've never been more misled with a bait and switch in my life and trusted GE to do right by my family. I called a local repair company and will have the microwave fixed for $260.00 and they give you a two hour window for arrival and a warranty. Use your local peeps and support small businesses who care for their customers. Don't use GE service repair. They will rip you off and not even care!!! Never GE!!!

I purchased a GE ZDP364NDPSS Monogram Dual Fuel 36" range with griddle for 8600.00 new and within 14 months the oven went out. GE sends repairmen 3 times and finally figure out a wiring harness burned up. They then notify me that the wiring harness is no longer manufactured by GE. I was then informed that they would replace the range for 3200.00. The unit was under 2-year manufacturers warranty and I have to pay 3200.00? Long story short: I paid the 3200.00 and they replaced my unit. Took me 1.5 years of fighting with them but they had me by the cajones. Either pay 14000.00 for a Wolf which is what I wanted anyway or come up with 3200.00. What a rip-off. Bottom line. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING G.E.

Made an appointment with GE for repairs of a two month old washer, confirmed the date. I get a call a few days later saying "The part will be shipped to your home address in two days so it is there for the tech." (Appointment is for Monday.) I get a call on Friday that they have to cancel the appointment as the part is on back order and will come in October. Looks like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing... ZERO communication in the company. After two days and playing Russian Roulette with the piece of JUNK the machine came on. They could not be bothered when I called them. Looks like they have a script which they read.

Our GE fridge has failed twice in less than two years. We shelled out for the extended warranty and they can't be here for FIVE DAYS. The first time it failed the tech said it was a lousy part that failed but that GE had fixed the problem. Clearly that's not true. I'm disgusted both with the the device and with GE's inability to respond. I guess their field service people are understaffed and overworked - tells you something about the quality of the company!

My family recently had the worst service call encounter we ever experienced with any company from GE. GE sent a repairman to fix 2 of our stove plates. The repairman fixed them but one broke again a couple days later, so he had to come back. Upon returning and before even looking at the stove, he started yelling at my mother for breaking it. He yelled that he told my mom not to touch the stove plate. When my mom tried to remind him that he actually said that we could use it, he yelled that he never even repaired the particular stove plate and that she was lying. My mom then told him that she doesn't mind paying for the repair and that she just wants the stove fixed. In response, the repairman slammed the counter with his hands, leaned his face into my mom's face and said, "See my face? No. I am not fixing it." My mom then said that she will have to call his supervisor and asked for his name and badge number.

In response, the repairman laughed, and said "in your dreams." He then walked out the door laughing. The worst part of it all is that GE sided with the repairman when we called them back regarding the matter. The lady over the phone said that the repairman claimed that my mom had actually called another repair company that ended up breaking the stove plate before he arrived the second time. He even provided an actual name of a real repair company!

We of course never called another company. We tried to explain to the lady that we never called another company but she didn't believe us. She said that since we called another company that it voids the warranty and that she is closing the case. My family really doesn't know what to do at this point. The repairman was so aggressive that my mom is afraid he will come back to harm her if we continue trying to report him. We expected much more from GE since their service calls are so much more expensive than other companies.

Had an appointment Aug. 19th for dishwasher repair. 1-4 pm. Never showed up. Called service at GE and was told it was cancelled and a voice message was sent to my phone. That didn't happened. Set up service call for another date. Good luck with that one! Chances are slim if I purchase another GE product.

Consumer Increased Rating!

All problems have been remedied. Hoping there are no further issues.

M. W. of Armstrong, BC on

Original Review

Purchased a new stove from Sears Outlet store in December 2015. It is now July 2016 and I am waiting for the repairs on my second service call to be completed. First service call was regarding the glass on the oven door. It shattered during cooking. This repair took approx. two months to complete. I was unable to use the oven for this time. The second service call was regarding the fact that the oven did not hold the temperature, therefore the cooking of food was nearly impossible. This has been a two month affair as well, with the service still not complete. Also have been unable to efficiently use my oven for cooking during this time.

The repair company only comes to my city once a week and usually gives me a call in the morning and an approximate time he will be around. Turns out, I have a job, a family and a life, so therefore this one day a week does not always work out. (The repair company is based in a city 15 minutes down the road so I am not in an extremely rural area).

My calls to GE Service company (Mabe) have been less than productive, however my concerns were graciously noted in my file. I have repeatedly requested a new stove as this one appears to be a lemon. This idea was not entertained at all. Also, Sears is not concerned it sold a defective appliance to a consumer. This was an expensive electric range and I am obviously very frustrated with the inconvenience this unsatisfactory oven has caused myself and my family. My cheap 400 oven worked a heck of a lot better than this GE one. I will not be recommending or purchasing a GE appliance of any sort ever again. Service and quality has much room for improvement.

Bought a DOA clothes washer which would not agitate and kicked into Pause mode. GE service said the washer needed a new front panel and electronics but refused to honor the warranty because I installed it myself. So, if you buy a GE washer, take it home, connect the hoses and plug it in your warranty is VOIDED!!!

Requested service under warranty. They never called me to make an appointment then claimed they called me prior to an appointment that they never told me they had scheduled. They never called. I made a new appointment and stepped away from the phone for 2 minutes and they called and since I did not answer they cancelled my appointment. I called them back 3 minutes after the missed call and they said I would have to make another appointment. I could tell they were actually enjoying being rude. I hope they do this to the wrong person and get exactly what they deserve.

GE Service Contracts Company Profile