GE Service Contracts
1.07/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GE Service Contracts

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 13, 2018

158 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

If I could I would give them negative stars. Purchased dishwasher 4 months ago and already leaking, called to make warranty appt, took 1/2 day off work and they called AFTER the appt window to ask if they could come late (I couldn't be home by then). Since then complete runaround by service dept to re-schedule including getting hung up on just now. Never again - I'm going to return the dishwasher today (purchased at Costco) and get a different brand.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Today, 01/09/18, btw 8am-12pm the GE repair guy was supposed to come to fix our dryer. A text to confirm was sent to us. We confirmed and I took the entire day off from work. The repair guy never showed up. We called to find out what happened. Customer service told us the repair guy called but no one answered so he didn't show. Basically we should have carried our cell phone by our side. So the text message sent to confirm means nothing. I guess they are called General Electric because they are poor at their repair service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I will never purchase another GE product ever again. For starters, be prepared to spend hours on the phone when trying to resolve any GE issue. The hold times (with awful music), disconnections and transfers are absolutely ridiculous. The amount of time spent on the phone alone is unacceptable, not to mention days taken off from work to accommodate numerous repairs.

We purchased a stack washer/dryer unit for a vacation condo. From day one we noticed the dryer was leaving black marks on our sheets, towels, clothing, etc. We have to drive three hours round trip every time someone is scheduled to go make a repair. After two unsuccessful repairs I requested that the unit be replaced. Of course, this was not as simple as it sounds. It required yet ANOTHER visit from the repair serviceman only for him to stand in my kitchen and make a phone call to the GE engineering dept and for them to deem the appliance "unrepairable". The repairman did NOTHING to the appliance on this visit, Between the three hour round trip drive and the four hour window arrival time, this was another day I had to take off from work (total three days now).

Note, GE will not do Saturday appointments for any kind of warranty work and of course, they do nothing to compensate for the inconveniences of time and missed work days. So long story short, GE delivers a new unit to us. Upon delivery, the delivery men break our coach light outside our door. When I mentioned it to the delivery guy he said "I'll just give you $20 for it right now. They're going to bill me anyway. Besides, I about broke my back getting it up here". Totally unprofessional in every way. I told him I would go through the proper channels to address the damage and I documented it on the signature sheet (and refused his cash offer). I am now going through GE insurance for this claim. On top of that, the installation was subpar.

They did not use any plumber's tape at the connection site which resulted in a leak from the washer. I did report all of this to GE (two calls, disconnected the first time, both calls with 20 minute hold times), although I seriously doubt they will do anything about it. Almost all the GE Consumer Relations representatives that I have spoken to over the past several months are rude and incompetent, to include the supervisors over them. Sadly, I can see that poor service and unprofessionalism is just a general, acceptable theme in the GE company. I have always stuck to high-end appliance brands for the service and reliability but decided to go cheaper for this particular item because it is in our vacation condo and not used on a daily basis. Lesson learned... You get what you pay for. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I do not think the delivery people know how to read. If your report says, come to my house. YOU COME TO MY HOUSE. They call us late, saying "Do you still need us to come?" DUHHHH we do. We have been waiting for over a month for them to show up because we had to reschedule them to come 5 times. No joke. The first time they dropped off the dryer but the plug got "stolen". BOYYYY - you go get the plug, do not leave us with this uninstalled dryer. Now, we wait wait wait... We are on the edge of returning this after today. COME ON. JUST DO YOUR JOB!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I got the appliance repaired and the part they replaced went bad within 1 month. Now it's under warranty so they have to repair it without any charges so they are taking long to set up the appointment. First appointment was given after 10 days and then rescheduled it for the part then again reschedule it because part was not delivered. I can understand for another week and then on the day of scheduled service they called and said technician had a family emergency and he can't come. Just trying to delay the service and doing service for who will pay them and not working for after sales services. Worst service. Please avoid and look for someone with better after sales service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

GE deserves negative stars. The quality and service are the worst. We will never buy or recommend GE. We would advise to avoid GE Monogram at all costs. Our GE Monogram 48” dual fuel range, 48" hood and ducts, 36" freezer, 36" refrigerator, Advantium microwave oven, top of the line dishwasher, oversized washing machine and dryer all arrived damaged, defective and broken. It has been a year and parts arrived damaged. There are serious issues with the culture at GE Monogram, Corporate Office and the Service Department. GE has rudely advised they are no longer going to honor our warranty or provide replacement parts to the items that arrived damaged because each item off the assembly line is defective and they are giving up.

GE Corporate Office sternly told me we are not going to replace the parts that were promised to us on the day of delivery. Regardless of spending a lot of money on GE Monogram, the GE approach is unacceptable. The Assistant to the President is argumentative, rude and tried to make an argument that my husband and I should lower our standards and accept the defects. I know we are like any customer who pays for a product and especially when it is going in a new custom home that we don’t expect or want dents, dings, discoloration or faulty and broken appliances in our home and we also don’t want GE telling us we should. There are other high end alternatives to GE that have much better designed products with superior quality and customer service.

GE does not have good record keeping, they do not honor extended warranties and they are not flexible to work with customers. The extended warranties are serviced by third parties. Surprisingly, our products are out of warranty even though they are less than a year old because GE uses the date of when the item was sent to the store versus when we received it and installed it. We have set up so many service calls and today the service person was rude, hung up on us and we still don’t know if he is showing up after waiting all day for him. We have been told by GE Monogram that we cannot communicate or set up any service calls with GE Monogram Preferred, we have to coordinate with the Assistance of the President and that person is on vacation. Doing anything with GE is painful, difficult and a waste of time where nothing ever gets resolved.

GE blames to customer for being difficult when the reality is customers lose their patients when they chase GE for a year for defective and broken appliances. When we tried to leave bad GE reviews, GE doesn’t allow reviews on certain products and they monitor what you can say. They rejected our reviews which advised of the issues we experienced. In order to upload some of our reviews, we had to delete a lot of the issues we have which doesn’t warn other customers. We wish we never bought GE Monogram because of all of the issues and the design.

GE Monogram doesn’t work well with customer European modern cabinetry. Our cabinet maker advised they never buy or recommend GE for this very reason along with the quality. Some of our trades advised that their clients who have GE Monogram are complaining about the same issues we are having, it is too bad to learn too late. I hope it isn’t too late for the person reading this review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

4 years ago we purchased new GE Café appliances for our kitchen. In that short amount of time we have had to have the oven replaced once and repaired twice! The refrigerator has had to be repaired once and the microwave died the day before Thanksgiving. The repairman said it wasn't worth fixing so we had to purchase a new one. I am an avid cook so yes, the appliances get their fair share of use but I take very good care of them none the less. Very disappointed to say the least as these were not "cheap" appliances. Sad to say but I'm just waiting for the dishwasher to need repaired/replaced!!! 4 years and too many problems!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

All were installed with a new kitchen in 2012. The microwave first broke in January 2017. After 4 repairs, GE agreed to extend me a discount to buy a new one. That microwave broke again in November 2017. I have missed 5 days of work and spent close to $500 in repair and replacement fees beyond the original 2012 investment. Two weeks ago, in early November, the stove top on our GE Hotpoint range stopped working. On the first service call a part was needed, on the second call the Tech realized it was the wrong part (ordered by GE), on what will be the third call on 11/27, GE will visit again but Consumer Relations is not sure they have the right part...

When speaking to Consumer Relations, you learn there is not ownership to coordinate the service calls or communication between technicians and you. The CR area is simply an answering service, they are only as good as the computer system telling them what is available. The GE product performance is abominable and given the track record with the microwave, I am fairly certain there are little to no quality assurance checks in the company. It was my mistake to choose GE, I will not make that mistake again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

GE does all their own repairs for appliances. No matter where you buy, like PC Richards etc... Only GE will come to fix it. The process takes two weeks to get a repair person to your home. Then another week for them to tell you if they can find the part. Then 2 weeks for an appointment to fix it. If they can't find a part then under the warranty you'll get a replacement but that takes 2 weeks at least! DO NOT BUY GE... PC Richards or Sears would handle the problem usually BUT not for GE... Stay away from GE.... I'll have no washer for a month only a month after the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had GE service come to my house to diagnose a problem with my range fan. After 30 mins of the repair person looking like he did not know what a range fan was, he claimed the unit was defective and it needed to be replaced. He then charged me $140 dollars for the service call and went on his way... well it turns out that the only thing that was wrong was the switch. He would have known this if he even hooked up a multimeter. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING GE FOR ANY REPAIRS. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have already contacted customer relations and they couldn't help me at all. I am tired and fed up with the "I'm sorry to hear that" and "I can't do anything to help you" from the representatives. I have had my refrigerator for 2 1/2 years and I am so angry that it has problems already. I was stupid to not get the extended warranty on the unit but I didn't. It wouldn't have helped me anyways because the part that is needed has been on back order... FOR OVER A MONTH!!! I feel like we have patiently waited for this part to come in and get fixed... But it hasn't... FOR OVER A MONTH!!!

What they need to realize is that these are real people who rely on your products every day. I had to throw out over $100 in food because the unit isn't working. I had water leak onto the floor due to the ice melting out of the ice dispenser. They need more parts that aren't on back order for over a month and more technicians that aren't going to rip people off for their service call that shouldn't have to be placed in the first place. No one should have to wait that long to get their appliance fixed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

$4500 GE appliances bought 1.5 years ago. Replaced the $75 water filter and now the digital control panel is frozen on GE symbol. This is a common issue and GE won't provide remedy. Buyer beware... GE is junk even at top of line and their warranty service is horrible. $400 repair after 1.5 years... Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have a GE model GYE22KSHFSS. Here in Charleston, SC. Within 2 years of this model it has broken repeatedly. The service tech has switched out both of the circuit boards, the water board the first year and the mother board the second year. Non which are under "warranty". Did I mention we paid $3000.00 for this appliance. Unfortunately, customer service will only discount service. I am very unhappy with the service and the lemon refrigerator that we purchased. I do not suggest GE Appliances.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

In February 2017 we purchased a GE gas dryer. Almost immediately I noticed that the dryer was not heating. I made a service call which I waited for almost a week and then of course the repairman did not have the part so it had to be overnighted and then of course another service call had to be made. All was well until this past Tuesday when the same dryer began making a loud noise. I attempted to make a service call for that Friday when I'd be home but the earliest available appointment was 8-5 on Monday. I took Tuesday 8-12. I have been attempting to escalate my complaint without success.

After over an hour on the phone I could not get an earlier appointment and basically that was just the way it is. Jennifer, a supervisor, refused to let me speak to her supervisor. So this new dryer - 7 months old will have 2 service calls and potentially be out of service for 4 weeks. Buyer beware. Do not buy a GE appliance. They are poor quality and their customer service is not helpful.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We had a defective oven liner, they sent the same part 3 times and damage every time until I called customer service and they asked FedEx to ship it with extra caution. We had a service tech come out randomly with no phone calls or notification to check on the part. We then call and they say these appointments have all been scheduled and I said it wasn't with me or my husband but the last time when they actually fixed it, 45 days without oven, they were very disgruntle. We had a damage part still there from that week that was delivered they wouldn't take and said they couldn't take cardboard, lol... the box the damage item sat in, and left a mess behind and just bad attitudes.

The guy take the actually over liner and puts it in his truck and then talks to my husband with his line that it is what it is and we shut our garage door and went inside, well our cameras picked up him coming back and dropping off that piece he replaced back into our driveway and walked off. We've now sat with promises of phone calls for 4 days and not one call back. We've called into the ext, got a person that answered today that was very defensive and she said she didn't know why we were upset. We hung up and she said our rep would call us in 48 hours.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We purchased a GE "laundry center" about a month ago. After a few days, it stopped as soon as it was filled with water and never entered the wash cycle. We had to fiddle with the controls to get it to empty. Upon calling GE service we discovered that it would be 10 days before we could have a technician at our house. I called to complain since we are in our 70's and it is quite an inconvenience to have to go to a laundromat.

They said they would have a technician at our house tomorrow. Then they called on the morning to say he was ill and that the original appointment was reinstated. Of course the window they give you is 8 to 5 pm so someone has to remain home the entire day. The technician arrived 10 days later and after inspecting the unit suggested that it was a "cord issue". So I replaced the cord myself to no avail. The tech then said he would have to order a part and that it would be another week. The appointment was set with GE. The day arrived and the technician showed up looking for the part which was supposed to have been sent to our house (no one told us this).

Since the part was not there he could not repair the machine. He told us that he was going to come back in two days. That day arrived but we had not heard from him or GE. I called GE and after dodging the usual robo-responses I was able to reach a human being by persistently and relentlessly pushing the "0" button. They told me that my appointment had been rescheduled for the following Wednesday. The part had not yet been delivered to the warehouse in Georgia, even though it had been shipped from Kentucky. I asked what carrier they used who would take 10 days to ship something from Kentucky to Georgia but I did not receive a coherent answer.

So now it will be three entire days that one of us will have to stay home, and we still have no confidence that the machine will be fixed. I did manage to get them to send us a check for $40.00 for the laundry bills! What a joke! DO NOT buy GE products. First of all, they are not really GE products anymore. The company is owned by the Chinese. Their idea of customer service is stone-age, and they care not a whit about their customers.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I would never willingly purchase GE because I'd always heard about how awful their products are. Now I know first hand because the new home I purchased came included with all GE Monogram appliances. Within 1 year, my dishwasher broke, my cooktop broke, and my microwave oven broke. I had them all serviced with little to no improvement.

The techs would blame power outages or local construction for reasons why things were malfunctioning instead of actually fixing anything, not to mention, they would often miss their appointment times. The whole thing was so frustrating and they drag it out to past the year mark, where they don't have to take responsibility anymore (as if they ever did). Do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY GE, and if you have the unfortunate luck of having it, be prepared to purchase a new set in a different brand sooner than later (like Whirlpool or LG).

Original review: July 22, 2017

We bought washer machine from Home Depot for our clinic 3 months ago. The wash machine was starting to make noise and we called GE Service for repair. They came and looked our wash machine. They said that we would need to get a new motor part but they will not honor our warranty because the machine is resided in our business, even if it is 1 year manufacture warranty. So, do not buy any appliances from GE for your business!!!

Original review: July 5, 2017

Our GE refrigerator stopped working due to what an electrician determined to be a power surge. We contacted GE and purchased a new main board. That did not fix the fridge. We contacted GE again to have a technician come (the refrigerator is 4 years old) and the earliest appt. was 4 days later. We were given a 4 hour window for service. After waiting for 3 hours and 20 minutes, I left my phone to use the bathroom. The technician called, I missed the call but tried calling back within less than 6 minutes.

All the numbers for GE only sent me to computerized support. My appt. was automatically cancelled because of the missed call. When I put my appt, confirmation number in to get information, I was cycled through "We have no records of this appt. " because it had already been cancelled. After calling the following numbers (470-330-5397, 866-478-8719, 800-432-2737, 770-795-7410) and waiting for over 40 minutes to speak to a human, I was told that my appt. was cancelled and could be scheduled for 5 days later. Customer service should be just that, helping the customer. In no way has GE done so.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My family purchased top of the line GE washer/dryer end of year 2013 making these models 3.5 years old. The pair was $2200 after discounts before setup/taxes. A significant investment for our family. The washer had 1 minor repair less than 1 year in... then a week ago it began making very loud noises during the spin cycle and began leaking any liquid detergents or softeners onto the floor as soon as they were poured into the dispenser. I was traveling so my wife was waiting for my return so I could deal with coordinating the repair. Before I could return and coordinate the repair, my wife calls and tells me that she just watched the dryer burn up its control board -- smoking and glowing orange behind the panel right before her eyes. She quickly unplugged it and stopped the internal fire. We were fortunate that she hadn't set the dryer to run and gone outside... We might be replacing much more than appliances!

I return home that evening and the next day the local dealer/service center where we purchased the appliances takes a look and indicates that neither item is worth repairing as the cost of the repairs would be more than 2/3 the original purchase price and we would still have machines that were at higher risk for additional failures and no warranty. $2200 (plus setup and taxes) gone, after 3.5 years. Dealer/service center recommends contacting GE consumer relations immediately and gives us the information to do so. Before calling them, I do some research. Consumer Reports, etc. and find that washer and dryer manufacturers, including GE, state that the typical life of their products is between 10-13 years on average... not 3.5.

I call GE. Got a very nice representative name Crystal. Crystal could only offer me discounts on parts (what about the labor, which can be as much or more???) or a $100 rebate to use toward GE washer/dryer. This is not acceptable, GE has our $/benefit of our buying yet we have only 1/3 the benefit the industry expects us to receive by their own expectations! After several holds, asking for a supervisor, getting a long hold, then no supervisor, Crystal comes back and says that's all she can do -- some parts discounts or $100 rebate to buy more GE. Really?

So I emphasize that GE has our $/benefit of the sale but we don't have the benefit of our purchase. She responded that GE does not have our $ but that local dealer/service center does? What? GE just gives the dealer/service stores their appliances out of the goodness of their heart so the dealer can make all the $? I had no idea GE was a 100% charitable organization... So I checked and they are not incorporated as a charitable organization or a non-profit or even a not-for-profit. GE Appliances reported $6.34 B in revenues in 2015 and nearly $800 M in profit... I guess they do have my $! Bottom line -- Expensive GE Washer and Dryer -- "Made in USA" -- doesn't come with commensurate expectation of value and customer service. Now GE is sold to Chinese appliance conglomerate Haier -- I doubt quality/value and customer service are going to get better...

Original review: June 12, 2017

My GE Advantium was manufactured in 2015 and had the door handle drop off. I now have two options according to GE Escalation Consumer Department. GE will cover the cost of the new door... $100.00 but not the cost of service call or labor... another $200. They will offer a discount in a new machine... same model, to the cost of $800.00. This is Incident # ** dated June 12, 2017. The Advantium is a highly rated and very costly appliance, so it is very disappointing for us to have to pay $200 at least to have it fixed. Also, there is no service contract offered for a 2-year-old machine. I intend to take my complaint to the very highest consumer authority available and will do my utmost to dissuade anyone from using and GE product.

Original review: June 5, 2017

On May 3rd we noticed that our microwave is very hot and there is a loud noise. Called GE and got an appointment two weeks later. At that appointment, the technician has determined that the problem is with one of the parts, which he ordered and it was replaced on May 31st. The cost is $297 so far. The part is under 5 years warranty and my microwave combo unit cost is around $3,000 and is only 3 years old. We believed that the unit does not need replacement and the part replacement will resolve the issue. However, after using my microwave only once, the same symptoms have resurfaced (with the replaced part).

I called GE and they offered an appointment for June 19th (another wait for 3 weeks). I called their complaints department and got an appointment for June 9th. On both occasions, I notified GE that there is fire hazard in the house, the smell of burned plastic is terrible and we have to turn off the electricity switch to avoid fire. They ignored the urgency completely. I will follow up on this complaint after June 9th, but I have never encountered the service worse that GE has to offer. We spent countless hours on the phone with their service reps taking us away from work. This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: June 1, 2017

These guys find the cheapest incompetents to send to my home. The "repairmen" appear to be in business to collect the service fee and not to repair the appliance. Which suits Assurant just fine, because then they pay only the service call and stiff arm the homeowner. On my most recent call, Assurant left me on hold for 33 minutes and then simply hung up. No call back. Be especially cautious about REFRIGERATOR or FREEZER repairs. They sent out an incompetent, who among other screw-ups - diagnosed the problem as requiring unnamed/unidentified/undescribed "parts" and then saying it would be a week before he could get them. We live in the 3rd largest city in the US. It does not take a week to get a GE refrigerator part in Houston, Texas. STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOLKS.

Resolution response: June 13, 2017

GE contacted us within 24 hours of our complaint. The agent was very polite and understanding and offered us a big discount on their newest model, including the trim kit, installation, and removal of our old unit. We are still disappointed in the lack of reliability, but we appreciate the excellent customer service.

Original review: May 25, 2017

We paid almost 700$ for a PEB1590SMSS Profile convection microwave, and we loved it. But, after 3.75 years it needed a new motherboard & microswitch. Now, it's 4.5 years old and it needs a new harness! In addition, to the expensive microwave, we paid almost 300$ for the trim kit. It seems we have a lemon and we don't want to keep paying for more and more costly repairs, not to mention the hassle for waiting for repair guys and being without a microwave! But it seems like we need to buy a new microwave and trim kit!?

All our appliances are GE Profile, and we want to keep our appliances consistent, but don't want to pay for a new expensive microwave and trim kit every 3 years! It seems like GE is trying to scam customers by discontinuing their products and forcing customers to buy new versions, when their faulty products fail. For such an expensive item, I expect it to last at least as long as a cheap microwave, not half as long! We can't even relate how disappointed we are with GE!

Original review: May 21, 2017

In late 2015, we built a house and outfitted the kitchen at Home Depot with refrigerator, gas stove, microwave and dishwasher from GE. We bought a service contract for the refrigerator. In less than 18 months, problems began. One year after installation, the refrigerator defrost fan failed. It took eight weeks(!), over 30 phone calls, four service visits (the first damaged the unit beyond repair) and ultimately the sacrifice of our service contract to get a replacement refrigerator (the first one delivered was the wrong unit). The second repair person said the first repair person did not know what he was doing by replacing a defrost fan with the incorrect unit. We suffered over eight weeks without a refrigerator over the Thanksgiving/XMas season!

Next the microwave stopped working (and GE offered a new unit for over $300!). Now the dishwasher does not dry the dishes and the utensil basket continuously falls off the rack. Finally, the stove will not always ignite in the broiler. We have two friends building houses and have warned them about GE appliances. We have reported our circumstances to our Home Depot store and its headquarters. Some form of compensation for the literal dozens and dozens of hours dedicated to repairs, replacements and frustration are warranted. We will continue to boycott GE and say to anyone who will listen regarding our misfortunes. Complimentary service to our dishwasher and stove would be the first thing the company can do to rebuild its reputation.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased a GE washer six months ago. It stopped draining water after three weeks of light use. GE sent a repair person, he fixed it and told me that it was a "Design flaw" related to the impeller. The washer has worked fine for the past five months (3 to 4 loads per week). Sunday, 5/7/17, it began making a screeching noise during the "Wash cycle", and an occasional banging noise. Monday, 5/8/17, I called GE Service and Repair. After speaking to several people there, and being put on hold numerous times, I was told, curtly, that it would be two weeks before it would be convenient for them to send a repair person.

I called corporate headquarters in Fairfield, CT., was given the same spiel. GE is a joke! They do NOT operate in good faith, they are so big, they do whatever they feel like. PS: For the past three months, of my six-month ownership of the wash, each month I receive a letter regarding an extended warranty - HaHa, they don't even want to honor their manufacturers' warranty!

Original review: May 1, 2017

I called GE repair service to come out to fix my oven and microwave. I waited 4 hours and 45 minutes for the serviceman to say, "I can't fix your microwave, and the stove will cost over 500. Better buy a new one." Then, he charged me $109. FOR WHAT? He stayed less than 3 minutes. RIPOFF COMPANY.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I have been requesting that my dryer be repaired since 04/10/2017. I have called everyday requesting COMMUNICATION about my dryer being repaired. GE sent a company called T&T to repair my dryer, it was not getting hot enough, but it was working. After the repair man left the dryer will not spin. I have called T&T everyday, but their phone number is not accepting calls. I have called your company everyday, requesting the problem be resolved. I have been told by David, Blake, Jenny, Shella, Chelsa, Kelly, Hillary this is just to name a few employees that I spoken with. I would be receive a call back.

I did receive a call back 04/17/2017 to tell me that an email was going to be sent to T&T and I have to give them 2 days to respond. But I would get a call back. No COMMUNICATION unless I call. I have been REQUESTING your company take care of this matter. This is the WORST WORST company I have ever had to deal with. I have always paid my premium. I had been a good customer. I want my dryer fixed back the way it was. I just want you hold up your end of the bargain. How would you like to be treated like this by a company you thought was a good company to service you needs?

Original review: April 5, 2017

GE Cafe Series dishwasher and stove. Two out of 3 of these appliances have given me problems in the first 6 months. The dishwasher's electrical panel is already broken. I will never ever order from GE again because they expect me to wait 6 days for service (just as bad or worse than Brandsmart). Nothing is more important than customer service. I wanted to buy an American product but the GE customer service availability is so bad I regret it. To be clear, customer service is very nice and they do their job. The company has simply decided not to have enough repair people as they would rather pocket the profits than provide good quality service. I'm not waiting 6 days for someone to come check my dishwasher. That's just disgusting to think that I could wait that long. Not buying your GE products will show you what we think of your service. I had to jump through hoops to get faster service when it should have been offered up front.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Called GE repair for dishwasher that was under warranty. Waited on hold forever. Rep wanted to know model & serial number. That seemed ODD as I sent in a warranty card with that info & telephone system KNEW my name & address even BEFORE I spoke with someone. I didn't have serial number. When I listened to a confirmation number I was told that There would be a trip charge of about $109. I called back to cancel & was told that was the "system" response without a serial number. OK. Repair guy shows up. Says he will order hinges (L&R). LARGE package shows up about one week later. Parts are wrong! TWO left hinges & a DOOR???

I call to cancel appointment for the next day. I was told someone would CALL ME to ensure that correct parts would be ordered & reschedule repair. NEVER happened. I had to call & wait on HOLD AGAIN. I told rep that I was not going to wait around all day for someone to show up to repair the dishwasher. I wanted someone at a specific time. "Can't do that" they say. Will try to make as a first appointment in the day & will call ahead to me. "OK", I say. Incompetent & Uncooperative. IF, IF I'm available, I will let them repair it. If not, I'll fix it myself & sell the extra door that they sent me.

GE Service Contracts Company Information

www.ge.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use