Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
GE Service Contracts
3.41/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GE Service Contracts

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GE Service Contracts Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My husband and I just bought a new house with GE washer and dryer included. However, when we move in we just found out that the dryer has some damage inside and won't operate. We called GE and they said they would repair it. We don't want just repair because it's a brand new house and we just moved in for like a week, then they asked for closing statement, which we included in our email and sent for three times to three different people. Then they asked us to prove we are the first owner of the house, which doesn't make any sense because it's a BRAND NEW HOUSE. After two months, we just gave up and asked to just repair the dryer, then after about a week, they just called say that they can't repair it today, because two people are needed to repair the dryer, and they just have one people today. I was furious because this makes no sense at all! I just have no idea when will this problem be solved. Maybe forever.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

If I could give this company zero stars I would. We bought a brand new GE dryer in April and it stopped working a week ago. We reached out to GE about it and at first were told because we did not have our original receipt, that they could not tell if it had been purchased within the past year and could not help us. Understandable, but I explained to them that this dryer was built this year in 2019 and it said so on the tag. The dryer was only about a month old when we bought it. They still said they could not help us even though they understood that. We then turned to Lowe's where we had purchased the dryer and thankfully they were able to go back on our account and print us a new receipt.

We then contacted GE again and they told us various things to try, none of which worked. She then said they would have to get a repairman scheduled to come out and work on it. This was on a Sunday and she said we were in a Customer Care Center and would have to call back during business hours Monday through Friday. My husband called the following morning and after being on hold for an hour to even speak to a human being had to hang up to continue at his job. I called around 1:30 that afternoon and was on hold for close to 30 minutes.

When I finally spoke with someone and explained our situation to her she told me that they did not have a service technician in our area. I explained to her that we were located very close to two major cities and did not understand how that could be possible. She then tried to tell me that if they could not find a technician that we would have to find our own. They said that they would send the parts needed for free and reimburse us up to $250 for the service call. I explained to them that a service call would cost us more than that having to call someone out twice to see what is wrong with it and then again to replace the parts. Our dryer is still under the one year warranty and is supposed to fixed or replaced at no charge to us.

Finally, that afternoon I received a text that A&E Services was coming to repair our dryer on Friday anywhere from 8-5. My husband made sure to be off as long as he could that day to be there and we had scheduled for a family member to be at our house until I could get home from work. My husband called on Friday morning to get a better time slot of when they would be there and he was told that they would be there between 3 and 5. Shortly after I received a call saying that our service would need to be rescheduled because our technician was no longer available. I explained to them that we were just told that they would be there between 3 and 5 and she said that the service tech was no longer available and the next available date was on Wednesday of the following week between 8 and 5.

So here we are a week into being without our dryer and GE seems to be avoiding us at all costs. If this dryer was not under warranty and the expenses to fix it were coming out of our pocket I am certain they would have been there right away with an available technician. I am pregnant and dealing with this company has caused much unneeded stress! Never again will GE get any of our business and I have been sure to tell everyone about how terrible GE Customer Service is and how they don't like to back up what they sell. I highly recommend purchasing any other brand but GE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have bought 2 GE washer in the past 2 weeks from Lowe’s. I have returned both. I really don’t understand who designs this washers. How can you wash a load of clothes in a cup of water.? It is very frustrating. I take care my elderly mother and need to wash her wet clothes and bed sheets right away,. With the first washer: I put a load in, the clothes that was at the bottom of the washer got wet, but not the one on top. How do you think that came out. With the second washer: I put a load in, when it was time to spin it started making a really loud noise to the point that the machine moved and when it finally stopped all the clothes was on one side and the clothes were wet. I had to squeeze the water out of each piece and put it in the dryer and I had to run the dryer twice for it to dry. Do not buy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Updated on 09/10/2019: This is a final review. Our GE refrigerator that is 5 years and 4 months old, a replacement for a GE profile lemon. The first Profile did not have insulation between refrigerator and freezer. Customer services talked us into a new refrigerator at a discounted price of $3,000. It came with one year warranty and I insisted on another. At 4 years the new Profile needed a refrigerator evaporator and trough. Parts discounted but labor $185.90. That was 9/10/2018. Now at 5 years 4 months, 4 months out of warranty the compressor went out. Cost to repair $580.95 labor and GE gave us a discount on a $696.37 compressor at $150.00. But that is all it needs. Evaporator $181.20, condenser $460.60 and die dryer $23.06 plus tax. Over $2,000 dollars.

GE consumer rep asked us if we wanted to purchase another GE for over $3,000. Never ever. 2 pieces of junk in 8 years. Talked to CA attorney general. He said there is nothing that can be done. Went and purchased a new Whirlpool from Home Depot for $1,295 and has a 5 year warranty that if you do not use it get 30% back. Gives discount on filters and if they cannot fix after 3 tries they replace. What a deal.

Updated on 09/05/2019: Update on refrigerator. Compressor dead. Still need to wait to see if parts are covered, no labor. Cost over $500 to repair and need to wait again. No refrigerator since last Friday. Repair man recommended to replace. Ugh. No more GE appliances.

Original Review: We purchased a new Pulte home October, 2010. The new GE appliance was added into our loan. It had to be serviced once and then in March 2014 it quit working again. When the service man came out, which we had to pay for, found out that there was no insulation between the freezer and refrigerator so it could not be repaired. Got a hold of GE consumer relations who said they were sorry and made us a offer to purchase a new GE. So we thought OK because we cannot get 2 lemons in a row. Wrong. Plus it cost more than if we went to Sears and bought a great Kenmore.

So now 4 more service calls later, they did send parts on one call for no charge. The drain pan keeps rusting out. That was 9/10/2018. Well here we are again, refrigerator 68 degrees. Not working and freezer 35. Service call just to come look $120. We have not had a refrigerator since Friday and cannot get service till next Thursday. We are done, going to buy a new Kenmore French door for $1200. NO MORE GE. Just talked to GE consumer relations. Cannot do anything but maybe give us a discount on parts. Otherwise go to a lawyer and file a case for Lemon law. Very angry. We are retired and cannot afford to keep repairing this junk.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I bought 5 matching GE Monogram appliances, stainless steel with architect handles, I remodeled my kitchen in 2005. I loved them. However my two last service calls have been a HUGE let down in terms of customer service and I highly doubt I will knowingly buy GE ever again. My first service call with GE went well. My freezer and water dispenser were acting up. A gentleman named Ray came and discovered that condensation froze over time inside the freezer door...a flaw in the design... and he ordered a new door and It was delivered and he came back and put it back together. I ordered some water filters from him even though they cost more buying from GE because he was so helpful and kind natured. Ray was awesome.

September 2018. This next service call was a huge flop. I scheduled a service call for two items. #1 was for help with my ice maker because It wasn't turning out ice. #2 was to level the fridge so that the door didn't swing open on its own if it wasn't shut all the way. A young man came and after looking for about 2 minutes of looking at the Ice dispenser (#1), told me I needed a new dispenser. I asked what the price of the part was and I don't recall the price he told me, but it was high enough to give me sticker shock. Since he said I could just drop in the new part when it arrived, I asked for the part number and in that moment I found it for a fraction of the cost and based on this I told him that he didn't need to order the part for me.

As for my service for #2, the leveling of the fridge. He tossed a small level on the top shelf and said that the fridge was level. The middle cheese drawer flies out with each door opening and also the door still flies open when the suction is released. I pointed this and he said that the cheese drawer was bad and I needed to replace it with a new one. Again sticker shock on the price. I think it was $450 or something. Sorry that just feels like gouging to me. I mean I paid thousands of dollars to get this matching set. I told him I didn't want to do that. He left my house and charged me $125 for really no help at all other than a part number for the ice dispenser. That was helpful. Sometimes I'm a DIYer so I'm thinking... why wouldn't he just help by turning those two front leveling feet in front anyway? So that the drawer and door won't continue to fly open??? Even it if means my milk carton is at a slant. That would be better to me.

It's like all he had up his sleeve was to order parts. No recommendations other than that. So he left and was in his work van parked in front of my house. Out of frustration at getting ZERO help and paying $125 for that, I went out and asked if he could at minimum crank the front feet up. He told me that if he came back into my house, he would have to charge me another $125. Wow that stinks. I told him never mind. It's an understatement to tell you that I was very very frustrated with GE's "service" at this point. It's not really service to me, it's quite the opposite.

This brings us to this latest call I put in this month. I had now, a total of 3 appliance concerns. #1 the unfixed fridge leveling which now has caused dents in the right door panel from flying open and hitting the extra wide architect handles on the neighboring Monogram wall oven and the Advantium Speed Cooker above it. This damage could have been avoided if September service guy actually attempted to help me in any way with the fridge leveling - even a shim or two could have helped. #2 my wall oven stopped sensing the temperature and was stuck on 100 degrees while inside the temp was going through the roof. Also #3 my Advantium Speed Cooker wasn't shutting properly and I was having to hold in the upper right corner for it to operate.

I called service instead of scheduling online. I didn't want a repeat of last September's call which was a waste of money and time. The first gentleman I spoke with that took my call was Phillip. I explained what I needed and my hesitation and told him about the September debacle. He was very empathetic and said "Oh we can do better than that". This sounded promising. He said it would be best to talk to a customer relations person or advocate or some other title that I don't recall.

I then was passed to Mark. He heard me out and I made it clear that the last service call was a waste of $125. I expressed that if I'm to move forward with a service call, I would want some form of compensation for the fee I paid last Fall - given that I've spent thousands to get this set - and want to believe that GE is interested in brand loyalty. He said "I'll see what I can do". He also said that I could get scheduled soon if I sent him the serial numbers and model numbers of everything right away. This is great because I have renters and I need to keep things operating.

He emailed me later that day as expected and I emailed him the next morning at 8am. After 2 pm when I hadn't received an email or call back, I called instead. When I called to talk with Mark, instead I was to talk with Mollie. I then explained it all over again and referred her to any type of existing notes on my case which she eventually referred to. I told her I was expecting some form of adjustment on the impending service call. She put me on hold while she checked with someone. She said that the most they could do is offer me 25% off parts and that I should have called back in September because labor was guaranteed for 30 days and now it is 8 months later and there is nothing they can do.

I attempted to tell Mollie that the 25% off is not an incentive to me at all. I found parts 50% off myself online that worked perfectly. She said that this was all that they could do. The call ended and I used Mark's email to try to talk with him directly and inquire more. He emailed back and, more or less, said that 25% off was generous and that is all that they could do.

To any GE consumer relations people interested in retaining customers...know that this feels like the complete opposite of customer support. I spent thousands of $ on a matching set of 5 appliances and would think - after this experience (Mark named it a "fiasco") in September - at minimum GE could waive $99 plus $25 appliance fees and just charge labor and parts if they are sticker-shock-priced. I don't know what will come of this survey here but know that I'm taking to fixing my own stuff based on this. GE clearly ran out of experts when Ray can't be reached. Last weekend I took the oven out of the wall myself and replaced it the heat sensor and it's fine now. The part was $17 on Amazon. Goodbye GE and good luck. Incident: **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I purchase a dryer from Lowe's on March 2019 and was set up two days later. On August 15, 2019 the dryer stop working, I call to set up for someone to come out. Which they did, only to be told that they had to order 2 parts. So the parts came in that Friday and an appointment was schedule for August 27, 2019. No one showed up. So I called this morning only to be told they don't have a record of an appointment and that no one can come out until September 4, 2019.

The fact that when I called yesterday it was showing I had an appointment and call them today at 8:00 sharp sharp only to be told they don't have no records showing I called or had an appointment, when I spoke with someone yesterday she stated that it showed I had an appointment. I will never purchase anything made by GE again. I took off work yesterday only to lose money due to their area. Poor service and products. The facts that they didn't try to correct the issue, lets me know they don't care about customer service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a GE stove, model #JGB60DEKWW at Home Depot for $600. The unit is so poorly made that you burn yourself when using the oven and burners at the same time. The oven has no insulation and the vent located in the backsplash puts out so much heat that you can't get anywhere near it. The GE tech said this is how they are designed and if you want insulation you have to go with a self cleaning model. GE was not able to offer a reasonable discount on the self cleaning model so I am stuck with a stove that is unsafe to use. Very dissatisfied and surprised that GE cares so little about customer safety, security and satisfaction. Buyer beware with GE.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We purchased a large GE air conditioner last summer and when we put it in the window this summer it started making an awful noise like a lawn mower. Luckily (or so I thought) we had purchased the AC less than a year ago so it was still covered under GE's warranty. They informed us that the unit would be replaced for free and we'd be hearing from them soon. They called and told us we needed to be home some day Monday-Friday between 10-2 so when they drop the replacement AC off they could take the old unit. This was understandable, but inconvenient since we both work during the day. However, my husband scheduled the day and stayed home from work. They dropped off the new AC unit and it was covered in grease/oil.

When we went to turn it on only the fan worked, no cooling. We called GE again and they scheduled a day to send out someone to repair it so once again, my husband had to stay home from work for this. The repair man confirmed that the unit is busted and said we'd have to schedule ANOTHER day for someone to come out and fix it. This has been going on for about a month in the middle of a hot summer. We've spent hours on the phone and days off of work just to get a working AC and we still don't have one. We will NEVER be buying another GE product if this is how their customer service treats their customers.

Original review: June 7, 2019

RUN AWAY FROM GE APPLIANCES. In February we bought the gas range JGB00SEJSS. Before buying we studied the review of buyers. Reviews were good because people wrote them right after purchase, but not after several months operation. In our range the oven badly works: does not hold the established temperature, long time preheat, convection badly works. The problem with oven door. The gap on the left side (1 inch) is two times larger than the right. We called the service technician. He told that it is necessary to change the oven door, but it is unavailable, and we need to wait for three weeks, and then to call him again. He will only change a door, and on the rest call other technician.

Passed more than 3 weeks, but we did not receive the door. We sent e-mail, but were not answered. We called. We were transferred from one to another (looked, as playing soccer where we were a ball). As a result, it turned out that nobody ordered a door of an oven and we still waiting for completed fix. Last year we bought the wall conditioner on GE 12000 BTU, two times to us brought also both times with damage. How it will work - we do not know since so far replaced - the summer ended. I do not know what happened to GE appliance, but they are not the same quality as before.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Bought a brand new GE Dryer GDD45GSSM0WW. Lowe's installed it on 6/4/2019. Within just 1 day, started making loud grinding sound. Lowe's installation provider showed and recommended to call GE support. Worst experience...

GE Service Contracts Company Information