GE Service Contracts

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

GE Service Contracts

196 GE Service Contracts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I do not have the words to describe how awful this experience has been. I had a service call on my dishwasher-which is only about 2 years old. The technician ran a diagnostic test and said he needed to order "one small part." He charged me for the visit. Never got a receipt for the visit charge. Never got any sort of confirmation as to what this "small part" is or how much it would cost. He said it would be delivered to me. The part is delivered to the customer?? No tracking, no information, nothing. That was over a month ago. After many many many calls to the worst customer service department that I have ever experienced, my dishwasher is still not fixed.

I have waited on hold for 30 minutes or more, I have been transferred to now one, I have been given misinformation. I keep getting notices that the part is on back order, and they keep pushing my appointment back. No one will tell me how much these parts cost... because now apparently it is not "one small part" but two parts. The technician quoted me a price, with no documentation, and no customer service person has access to any price information. They keep telling me "whatever the technician said is what I'm sure it is, we don't have access to that." My inclination is to cancel everything for my sanity and just purchase a new dishwasher NOT FROM GE. Never again. Never. Disaster.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Bought a GE dryer with an extended warranty, Dryer stopped working the week of August 20th, 2018... it is now October 15, 2018 and I am still waiting for my dryer to be fixed. The first time the tech came out he basically detached the dryer from the vent and said since the dryer works without it being connected to the vent, we need to rule out that the vent is clear, but he cannot check the vent for me, once we check the vent he will come back. My husband checked the vent on less than a minute and found it to be clear, now I had to wait two weeks because they don't allow their techs to check vents, for the tech to come back.

After going back and forth for another two weeks they finally decided to order a new motor for the dryer, then waited another two weeks for the tech to come and install it. Tech came to install and could not remove the old motor from the brackets, now needed to order new brackets too, another two weeks wait. Tech comes back again and surprise... they did not include all the parts in the bracket packet, need to order the rest of it, now I am being told I have to wait until 10-23-18 because the tech in my area only comes Tuesdays and Thursdays and that is the next available date. I have called several #'s for GE to try to expedite their response time to no avail. I will never buy a GE appliance ever again and will shout it from the highest mountain to anyone that will hear me.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a service call on my dishwasher. Service was good. The technician said the part is warrantied and he would send me the receipt by email. I never got it. I have spent 10 days, calling 8 different customer service numbers to get a copy of the receipt. On day 3 I got someone to commit to sending me a copy by mail. I have received nothing. My message here is: if GE has an opportunity to make money on you…great service. If you need help after the fact...good luck. Due to this I will never use GE again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased a new GE dryer from Home Depot for a new house. Had appliances delivered and installed days before we officially moved in. A day after moving in I attempted to do laundry and the dryer sounds like it has bowling ball inside. Call GE to be told that someone will call me in 72 hours to schedule service appt. They call, and schedule for a week later. HUGE inconvenience! Now, the tech says he must order a part that will not come in until the 19th. That is 3 weeks without a dryer for my family. Previously, I went to the laundromat and spent $40 so that my kids can go to school in clean clothes. Now, I will need to go again. Will GE write me a check for $80?? Doubt it. DO NOT PURCHASE GE APPLIANCES!! POOR QUALITY AND EVEN POORER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I also waited on hold for 57 minutes just to talk to someone who told me there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

If there was a rating below one star, I would choose that as it would be more appropriate. I have a brand new dryer, have had five service appointments and have taken six days off, one they never showed for. They refuse to replace unit, and I had a Supervisor tell me today ‘I am the Supervisor and this is my call,’ along with ‘GE will not appreciate your threats,’ when I suggested hiring an attorney as a last ditch option. Furthermore, while I was on the call for my 30 minute notification with the tech, who knows me now after being here over and over, GE ‘dispatch’ called on the other line to confirm and because I could not be on two calls at once, and cancelled my appointment. Thankfully the tech came out on his own or it would have been another wasted day. The legacy of the GE appliances that our parents shared, is no longer a gift. Please do not spend the money. You will pay dearly in time and frustration, with a company that simply does not care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Purchased GE oven and dishwasher as part of $35000 kitchen renovation. The "stainless steel" finish disintegrated from fingers and hands, water. Appears to interact with oil from fingers and discoloration with permanent finger and hand prints results. Water stains the finish also. It also rusts. I called GE customer service today at 1:18 pm at 800-432-2837 and spoke with a representative who happily told me that this is "cosmetic" and so they are not responsible. Maybe cosmetic doesn't matter much to GE, but it's going to matter a lot to the home buyer when I try to sell my house. GE is poor quality and doesn't stand behind their work. This is an incredibly poor investment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Read all the bad reviews and you will see one thing in common, GE CANNOT GET PARTS OUT OF CHINA! GE Appliances sold out to Chinese company HAIER! I had to get Lowe's replace my range because after 4 Months GE has still not got my part in for a brand new range that has not worked since day 1!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

9/6 technician evaluates the problem I described online for 30 seconds. He charges me $99 for what I already knew. He tells me the part will be here next week. 9/13, no one has called to schedule a time for the repair. I place a call. They inform me that someone is coming out on 9/14 between 8 am and 12 pm. 9/14 NO ONE SHOWS or calls. 9/16 I call GE who informs me after waiting on hold for 1 hour, that the part is on backorder until 10/18! WHAT?!? 9/16 I have the case escalated to consumer relations. 9/21 They call to tell me they can give me a $1600 oven instead of the $300 part. WHAT?!? This is the worst customer relations EVER. They are rude and have zero authority to do anything. Their response is that "because of the age of the product..." Really - who buys a stove/oven every 5 years? Are they making that crappy of a product? I'm very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Impossible to get parts for my brand new range that has never worked! Purchased in May and still no parts. GE keeps extending the parts availability. 4 months out and now I'm telling Lowe's to replace this junk. NEVER BUY GE!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I would NEVER recommend anyone call GE Appliance Repair unless you would like to pay more for a simple service than a new appliance (which I'd not recommend you purchase a GE Appliance due to their defective products and lack of reasonable customer care to address them). I should have paid attention to prior reviews, as they have an overall 1-STAR rating.

I HIGHLY recommend if you need appliance repair to go with a local vendor who will be transparent about their costs and fair in their assessment of labor charges. You might even try Task Rabbit or HomeAdvisor to get a few quotes from reasonable service providers. GE Appliance Repair arrived today, spent 10-minutes fixing the "issue" with my six year old dishwasher, which was actually a PRODUCT DEFECT (handle fell off because an internal screw was not sealed and therefore fell out behind the panel. Screw is not accessible unless you take apart the machine). I was charged $215 dollars for a 10-minutes visit, during which time, the repair consisted of screwing the internal screw back into place and then "sealing" it because it apparently wasn't sealed before.

This sounds to me like a great way for GE to make money. Sell products that WILL fall apart from the inside, where you cannot access them to repair yourself, so you call their service team to come repair. And then they charge insane amounts to repair their defects. Hummmm... food for thought. GE Appliance Repair doesn't even appear to have a Seattle office, only a phone number. I'd call someone you can trust, like a local business with brick and mortar. Not a number that is probably answered by someone 1000 miles away who won't help when you need them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

An AC unit that was purchased less than 3 months ago stopped blowing cold air. A repair order was called in (Wed), a Triage Tech (not a repair person) came in (Thurs), ordered part and stated the part was on back order until November. I was told I would receive an email and a call from the repair person to follow up on the next step. No call or email received.

So I called the repair number back the following afternoon (Fri). The person I spoke to there did see that the part was on back order until November at this time she transferred me to the customer escalations department. Here I spoke to a woman who agreed that November was too long to wait and that even a week mid NC summer was too long. She stated the order was placed on priority and that per policy they had to allow the parts dept an opportunity to locate the part. I hung up with her after she said I would receive a call today (Monday) with a resolution to this issue either way (repair or replace). No call, I called.

I spoke with a woman named Tanya. She reviewed the issue and stated that the person Friday could not have said I would have an answer today because they do not do follow up calls on Mondays. To which I replied, according to your hold music all calls are recorded and I know what I was told. This is where she told me that according to their policy they had to wait 48 hours after an order was placed to allow the parts department to receive the order and then they have to allow "some time" (notice that is an unspecified amount of time) for them to attempt to locate the part, the customer service representative at this time said "we are currently in limbo until the parts department researches this back order and attempts to obtain the part."

Now I have been on the phone for over 2 hours trying to resolve this issue with no clear answer. I conveyed that this is unacceptable. Disregard the weekend (since they don't work weekends) this is still a 4 day wait period before I get and answer, and not a resolution or fix mind you, just an answer that I will hopefully receive tomorrow.

Even if by some miracle our unit is repaired or replaced tomorrow this is still poor customer service/repair practices. This is in a commercial facility and too much time, money and energy has already been wasted on this issue on both ends. A quicker resolution would have been more cost effective, and much better customer service. Update: I started writing this yesterday and was pulled away before I could finish or post. Here it is almost midday and still no update by phone nor email, which means I need to call again adding to the cost on both ends yet again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. The worst customer service ever and totally liars. You should never trust them and if you want to speak with the manager you will have the worst person answer the call. He knew nothing about the technician that show up on my door. They send me a technician with a horrible attitude. Definitely he hated his job. They will lie regarding the service charge. Please be careful from them. You definitely do not want to buy any more GE appliances.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a Trim Kit off their website and it wasn't the correct one. Took 3 phone calls to determine the proper way to return it after being left on hold each time for 30 minutes. Tried resolving by email, but they said I could contact returns via email. Finally returned the item and haven't been given credit so called again only to be left on hold for over an hour to be told it takes 30 days to receive credit and when I asked why so long was told "I don't know". I proceeded to express my dissatisfaction about the service GE was providing and ask if I could speak to someone concerning it. I was then transferred to a number that just rang and rang. No wonder everyone is going with Amazon. Their services cannot be beat! I have had several GE appliances, but after this experience I will never buy another one.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought over the range microwave. I bought extended warranty from Lowe's. The microwave has stopped working 3 times within a year with the same problem. Each time I call for repairs they tell they are back order on the parts and I have to wait 4 weeks for the parts to arrive. Once the parts arrive I have to call them back. Each I call they transfer me to different dept and they put me on hold for 25 minutes before anyone can talk to me and once I got a schedule technician they give 4 hour time frame.

The technician did not show up twice. Neither they bothered letting you know they will not be coming so I WAITED ALL DAY. Nobody showed up so I have to call again next day. Then they told me they have another opening next week so finally they come. They tell me they have incomplete parts in the mail so they have to order missing parts. I so fed up of it. My microwave is still not fixed yet. GE is a piece of junk as well as customer service. Will never buy GE appliance again. Never ever. They don’t even deserve a single star rating.

Original review: July 12, 2018

First, it was impossible to find the consumer relations department phone number. When I finally got through to a person from a different department (about 45 minutes on the phone trying every number on their website), they transferred me to the correct department and I waited another 45 minutes. My fridge is only 2 years old and was here in my brand new house when I bought it. My builder and I are supposed to split the bill. When the service guy came to the house, he charged me $222. I called and fought the price as the issue was with the fan in the back of the fridge and it should be covered by a warranty. I've never had issues with my 20 year old fridge and never had to replace any parts before so I got $50 back.

My builder called and they said the total came out to $108 which is incorrect. The total is $172. I tried calling again to try to figure out what the issue was with the total prices and had to wait another hour to speak to a person. Tried to avoid this service by using their online chat but they are unable to answer any question... Really, the worst customers service and is so inconvenient for a working person to deal with. I would recommend using a different company for appliances. Their appliances don't seem to be that great and their customers service is absolute garbage. Never buying anything from them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My 5 year old fridge was leaking. Called GE, they talked me into having a rep come out with a $99 service fee that would be refunded as credit for another GE product. I specifically asked if I can spend on a small appliance or if there were any limitations and I was told yes I can use on a small appliance with no limitations. When rep came he charged me and gave me receipt for rebate and said I would have to spend at least $200 to claim rebate. Since then, I've spoken to 3 others by phone with different explanations as to how rebate works. Finally called rebate center and they explained if my fridge not repairable and I had to buy a new one... the $99 rebate would apply. WHAT A SCAM! I will never buy another GE product again! $3000 fridge needed major repairs in 5 years... and the worst customer service a company could ever possibly have!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Purchased a new washer dryer combo from Lowe’s and the washer never worked, I will NEVER !!! Buy another GE appliance EVER!!! GE would not replace it and sent a service tech out to repair, part is back ordered for another 30 days. I have owned the washer for over a month and never used it... WOW!!! Junk build quality!!! And customer service is useless!!! Very upset!!! A complete waste of money and time!!! DON'T BUY GE!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

We've had a GE washer for approximately three years (with warranty). Called for service, someone came out the next day. Service person said even though the machine was three years old, it needed major parts replacement, $930.00 worth. They said it would take two weeks for parts to be delivered. The day before the two week deadline they called and said the parts would take another additional two weeks to be delivered. Four weeks for parts to arrive??? That's horrible customer service!!! WILL NEVER BUY A GE APPLIANCE AGAIN... EVER!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

On the current service call, so far we are up to 3 wasted days due to, what must be, the worst customer service system ever! My wife and I both have cell phones and GE have the numbers of both. If I miss a call and a message is left I receive it immediately in my email. When you arrange a service appointment they tell you they can only give a window of 4 hours and they will call beforehand to make sure you are in the house and will cancel service call if you do not answer. What they do not tell you is that the call will not be identified as GE so if you have caller ID and usually filter out spam calls you have to answer every unrecognized call in case it is GE on the line. Frustrating if you get as many spam calls as we do. So essentially you have to make the day available and answer every call.

So far the service technician has failed to show up 3 times. The only message we have ever received has been to say they are canceling the call because no one answered the phone when they called. We have no idea whether we did not answer because we are on another call, the service signal faltered, the call was filtered out as spam or in fact no one called in the first place. It's one strike and you are out, no call back number, no message. Having spoken to them they say that you cannot call them to confirm you are waiting for them in the house. You have to answer that one phone call otherwise tough luck! We have a fridge problem and we have spent about 10 days trying to get someone here and there seems to be no real chance of getting a solution unless we get lucky and make a connection. Most ridiculous client service ever. How to really annoy your customers?!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

We have had the absolute worst customer service with GE. Our washing machine has been serviced 4 times for the same issue since we purchased it in Oct. 2016. The last 2 service calls occurred on 5/21/18 and 5/31/18. We have been caught in a loop. A GE service technician comes out again, calls TAG, and does not resolve the issue. He makes no notes in our case file as to contacting TAG so when we call in again, consumer relations just repeats the process. The same GE service technician is sent out. Nothing gets resolved. This time, the tech came out, plugged in his diagnostic computer, and after speaking with TAG, handed us a paper with the customer relations number on it and said, "There's nothing more I can do.

You'll need to call this number." I call into consumer relations again, waiting over 43 minutes - once again - to speak with a rep. With this last service appointment, we also received an email the day after the tech was at our house saying our appointment had been canceled. (Yet the technician was indeed here, called TAG, and handed us the consumer relations number.) The consumer relations rep states that tech’s only note from the last service call was that "the customer didn't want service." Completely untrue! We have spent an enormous amount of time on the phone and waiting to have our washer fixed. This is a joke.

Original review: June 1, 2018

If I could give them less than a one star rating I would. Dealing with them and FedEx has been an absolute nightmare. An absolute freaking nightmare. The timing switch for my dryer broke back in October 2017 so I ordered a new part. Then that part broke 7 months in (this past May). I called them, got bounced around, and then finally got to a Returns Representative. They scheduled FedEx to come get my part that I'd have out on the bottom step and all would be well. Only not. I mistakenly forgot to set the package out. That's was entirely my fault, but then FedEx called me back and advised when they would be coming back. This time I had the part in a box with its return number on it as instructed. And FedEx never picked it up. That was on a Friday and by the time I called GE Appliances about it their Returns Department was closed.

So, I called back on Monday, got bounced around the queue by 2 representatives before finally getting to one that could or would help me, she emailed me the label and advised I can print it myself or have FedEx print it by 6/1/2018 (which is stated in the email). It is that date right now. I went to FedEx, they scanned the barcode and it came back expired. So, I stood around in FedEx for 30 minutes on the phone trying to get SOMEONE competent on the line.

I was bounced around again, placed on hold and then the line went silent, I called back, was placed on hold again, sent to the wrong division of the parts department, the sales representative gave me the direct number to the Parts Returns Department and then transferred me to the queue (thank you to her, by the way, but everyone else was absolutely terrible), I finally get a returns representative and tells me that she can't generate a new label through FedEx (who will be getting a review as well I might add) because their site is down.

She told me to call back later and maybe it'll be working again. I asked why the label expired early. She told me I had to print it on the day I receive the email. I told her that is not what I was advised and that is not what the email stated. She repeated herself which is call center code for the representative has no intentions of helping you anymore and just wants you off their line (I've worked for call centers before), and so I said thanks and goodbye because I knew I was wasting more of my time and breath. I am livid. Utterly livid by the incompetence. I will never purchase a GE Appliance again just so I can avoid their terrible customer service less that one Parts Sales Representative.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Our 7 month old washer quit spinning and draining last Saturday, I called service on Monday and was told how to troubleshoot and if that didn't work, call back and they will send someone out. It didn't work. I called again and they scheduled a service call for Wednesday between 8 am and noon. My husband stayed home from work to wait for repairman (unpaid time off). Repair said we need a drain pump and they are on back order until July. My husband suggested we get a new machine then "right" and he said we have to give them until Friday to try to find the part so call back on Friday. Vickie called today and left my husband a message that he couldn't understand so he called back and waited 30 minutes the first time and 45 the next time before he finally gave up.

He told me that so I called and put on speaker on my desk and got through to the same number I called on Monday where I was told Vickie left a message that explained she will call back again next Wednesday to let us know when we might expect the part to be in. I was talking to Shakea (sp), she transferred me to Tanika (sp) when I told her that was unacceptable. Tanika "understood" my being upset and said she is putting a check in the mail for $40 so I can go do my laundry. I suppose if they send me $40 until July I will have enough to buy a new washer that works and it certainly won't be a GE ANYTHING!

Original review: May 16, 2018

We have a GE refrigerator that is only 3 years old. To date have had 3 service calls and had to manually defrost on our own multiple times to get the fan to spin. GE has not been helpful at all. Ice maker never works properly. Have lost much food, time and money to this fridge. Have had family members with GE appliances and similar experiences. Will NEVER buy GE products again!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Cannot review the appliance as we have never gotten it. GE Appliances Delivery is horrible - Set for Saturday. No phone call for delivery timing. We called and automated call said delivery at 2pm. We stayed home all day just in case. 2 pm came and went so we called again. The service on the phone was horrible and they said that item had just delivered to warehouse (which when we ordered said was in stock when ordered). We were hung up on countless times and also no one could help. They kept sending us a department that we needed to work with was closed. Phone number 1-888-211-9247.

Our last GE Appliance blew up and we were going to change companies but we did like the previous one (other than it blowing up after 8 years). Dumb move as this is BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! NEVER ORDER FROM GE!!! Talked with manager Christine (from Home Delivery Support). Even they cannot help. By far the WORST CUSTOMER service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We purchased a GE Profile refrigerator and microwave in 2006 when we built our house. Two years later the circuit board failed on the ice and water dispenser. $300. Shortly after, the light in the microwave failed. Buy a new light bulb and screw it in? Wrong! A technician must come and take the thing apart. $200. Four years ago we were foolish enough to buy another GE refrigerator for well over $1000. It failed last week, and we are still waiting for parts. $700.

Meanwhile we have our food in a 45 year old GE refrigerator out in the garage where it is exposed to dust, heat, and cold. We never spent a dime on that old GE. It keeps humming away. I would never buy another GE product. I don’t know how this building crap is doing for GE. The stock is selling at historic lows and it is endangered of being delisted from the Dow Jone Averages. What Harvard MBA genius came up with the idea that manufacturing junk will benefit a once wonderful company?

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had a new home built in April of 2017 with all brand new GE appliance. In the first week of February after 9 months of use my GE Double Wall Oven received an error code of F97. Initially GE was quick to send a technician out. The first technician cancelled the initial appointment. I took another day off from work for the technician to come in for 5 minutes and say he had to order a part. Three weeks later after I followed up with the technician one part came in (fan), but the board wouldn't be in until the following week. That's two days off from work.

Another couple of weeks go by and part still has not arrived. I call GE customer relations and spoke with Erica who was nice and she order the part and had it overnights to my home. I asked for a new repair company to install, they come and the wrong part was sent to my home. Again had to wait another two weeks before part arrived. We are now at three months. Technician came install new parts, oven worked when tech left. Tried cooking dinner tonight less than 24 hours later and same code F97 is back. Technician can come back until Tuesday of next week. It is ridiculous to expect a customer to go months without an oven. Supervisor would not allow me to talk to anyone above her. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GE APPLIANCE.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchased a General Electric washer machine on 3/18. On April 16 it stopped working. I called General Electric and a appointment was scheduled for the 20th. The service man came out. Stated it was fixed. Tried it and it wasn’t. Another tech came back out on the 27th, this tech was lazy and didn’t do nothing. A part is needed to be order and he wouldn’t be able to come back until May 11. I spoke to a rep but the name of Amanda put me in for May 4 and no tech. I think the way I have been treated is ridiculous and unfair.

Original review: April 25, 2018

GE sent a repairman who did not know what he was doing. After working two hours to repair our microwave, he broke a wire to the oven that destroyed the unit. They are billing us $108.20 for his service call that resulted in us having to buy a new unit from GE or be forced to remodel a kitchen wall only designed for their products. This amount was actually reduced from the original bill of over $500.00. Not only did they get money for an entire new unit but they're trying to get us to pay for this guy's time spent destroying our oven.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have had my oven for under a year. It's still covered under warranty. GE has given me nothing but a complete run around for 3 weeks. I have been unable to use it for these 3 weeks due to my energy company red tagging it and saying there are high excessive levels of Carbon monoxide coming from oven. There is a horrible nauseating chemical smell that goes thru my whole house coming from oven as it heats up. Sooo bad I have to open the windows!! GE sent a technician out who claims the CO reading is within normal range and the smell is normal!!! GE proceeds to tell me there is nothing more they can do for me. As far as they are concern the situation is closed. So here I sit with a 10 month old stove I can't use or use and hope my house doesn't blow from the Carbon monoxide!!! Horrible horrible customer service that can care less about you as the consumer.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Bought a GE dishwasher about 3 years ago. Within 6 months the gasket fell off the door. 1st service call. Then it wouldn't run at all. Took the tech 8 Hours to figure it out. 2nd call. Then it stopped again. Another computer issue. 3rd service call. Now the door closing isn't communicating with the computer. Won't work. I'm on my 4TH service call. Waiting for parts. It will take over 5 WEEKS from when the tech came out. Says there are problems with the warehouse. Can't get the parts soon. They are in Indiana, I'm in Ohio. GE's product quality is so... FAILING. I bought GE because I have a GE refrigerator in my basement from the 1950s and it still works. I won't buy another product of GE. They've gone way downhill.

GE Service Contracts Company Information