Find a Home Warranties partner

GE Service Contracts

GE Service Contracts

2.2/5 (383 ratings)

About GE Service Contracts

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Different contract lengths
    • Nationwide availability
    • Pick and choose coverage

Cons

• Third-party administration

Bottom Line

GE Service Contracts lets homeowners decide exactly where they need more coverage. Customer service and coverage can be confusing since a third party sells the warranties, but we like that coverage is widely available.

GE Service Contracts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Service Contracts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

They won't come out to fix my dishwasher which is under warranty. They keep canceling the appointment on me with no notification, or explanation of why. I've waited at a vacant home for hours, TWICE now. When I try to re-book, there are no appointments available for a long time. And now when I try to re-book, they are trying to charge me a trip fee when it's under warranty. There was not a trip fee for all the previous bookings, which they didn't show up to. Customer service reps on the phone are rude and not helpful. The info given on the phone is never consistent with what's on the website, so what's the point of the website at all? HORRIBLE.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

We bought a brand new washer and dryer from GE appliances. The dryer stopped working two weeks after we bought it. It took them a week to send a technician out, then the wrong part was ordered, then the part was on backorder. We have been out of a dryer for over month (that we just purchased). Wait times to call customer relations are three hours, each time our appointments get moved out weeks, taking time off work each time for appointments that just get automatically moved due to issues with parts. I still haven't had this issue resolved and was just told it would be at least another week to see if a replacement is even in stock. Not to even add the additional wait time if it is not, and time to ship. At this point, I wish I could return both the washer and dryer, and never ever do business with this company again.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Poor service service repair on Thursday due to problems with food freezing ice cubes stuck together warning regarding filter. The request was make a week prior. On Friday AM the frig was not not as cold as the day before, Ice cubes stuck together, ice cream melted. Called Appliance store and they advised me someone would be out on Friday or Saturday the AM. No one showed. I called GE service, held on 1 hour, advised service due 6/18/2020. We are old have expensive medications that have to be kept cold over $600.00 worth. I called the store where I bought the fridge from and he sent out his repairman and was here within 3 hours and fixed the problem and ordered a new part. I want a refund for my three year policy. This refridge, stove and micro were bought 2/12/2020. I will not go through this again. The place I do business with for 40 years. If this is not solved I report it to someone who will handle this for me.

Original review: May 7, 2020

First dishwasher broke after 3 days. They replaced it but it was a complete hassle. Second dishwasher broke after 2 weeks. And now they won't help.. basically they stole my 600 and I'm washing dishes..

Original review: March 19, 2020

I’ve been trying to get my brand new refrigerator fixed for the last 2 years. Hundreds of phone calls/emails, trouble shooting and replacing parts myself for hours, and 4 wasted days waiting for a technician who didn’t know how to fix it. I’ve called every number and emailed every email I can find and still can’t get a repair technician on the phone. I want them to look at the notes and tell me what they can try that hasn’t been done before instead of coming for a FIFTH time and wasting my time again and trying all the same things that don’t work. How can I get a hold of the corporate office?

Original review: March 3, 2020

Have replaced many fuses, added a Surge Protector & unit still fails and won't function at all. This has occurred at least 5 or 6 times since purchased @ Best Buy in Slidell La. Each time failure occurred a service man in a G.E. mobile Van/truck came to our home, was reasonably pleasant. This continues to happen just after the warranty, then extended after repairs. Took steps to prevent w/ use of Surge Protector. Unit Worked briefly, then shortly failed again!! It seems there is an 'Inherent Flaw' with our specific unit. Submitted by Tom & Cynthia **, Owners. I may be reached at my home/office @ **.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Our gas stove was purchased five years ago. Back in 2017 something broke on the right front burner causing gas to leak. We had a protection plan so they came out and fixed it at no charge but the technician mentioned that he had noticed a problem with this happening and to be aware. Well it happened again. Came home from being gone all day and my son said that he smelled gas and we realized it was coming from the same burner that it was before. I immediately shut the gas off to the stove. This should not be happening. Stoves should last a long time and certainly should not be leaking gas two time in less than three years. It is a safety concern at this point and I am absolutely unhappy with the lack of help and concern that I have received from customer service in rectify this issue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased a gas dryer 6 months ago and it stopped heating up. The technician ordered the correct part number but was sent the wrong part. When he called to try and get the correct part he was treated rudely and GE rep on the phone said he couldn't help with ordering the part. This has been going on a little over 2 weeks now. The technician is awesome and has gone above and beyond to solve this problem. I thought GE was a reputable company. I will not be making any purchases from this company again.

Cathy H.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Very disappointed in the GE washer and dryer I purchased in mid August. Everything was working fine but at about 6 weeks, the dryer started making a extremely loud noise. Closing the utility room door did not help. Service tech listened to my video and ordered a bearing kit. He came out and replaced it but it still was making the loud noise. Recorded it again and he came out and said the drum was bent probably by the installers. He also noticed the dryer door was bent in several places. (I commented on that when it was delivered but the installer said it was supposed to be that way.) He also said the rigid dryer duct was all messed up and cut too short so he adjusted that.

On the 3rd service call to replace the drum and door, he said all was well. I noticed water on the floor but thought it could have been due to an overflow of the washer. Now I've had the 4th service call as the dryer was again making the loud noise AND the dryer duct had come loose and now had a tear in it. When I got back there to put tape over the tear, I noticed dripping from the hose going into the washer. Verdict-the drum was not seated correctly and needed grease, the back was bent and the hoses on the washer were not installed hot to hot and cold to cold. He promised this would be my last call! NEVER had a service call on my 20 year old cheapest I could find washer and dryer which were another brand!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased a New GE washer dryer set from Home Depot on Aug 25. Aug 29 it was delivered. The drum kinda sounded funny when it was turned on. But then a week later the entire machine stopped working. Ge repair came out following week. Wasn't fixed. Had to have local company come out several times. It was unrepairable due to damage of frame. Fast forward 2 1/2 months later. After ge being rude to service company, I finally received a new dryer. But this one doesn't work!!! Ge is giving me a hard time. I have to have repair company cone out again! It smells like it's burning plastic and making awful screech when turned on. I can't even use it!! I will never purchase another ge appliance. 3 months and still no working dryer.

GE Service Contracts Company Information