1.16/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

34 FireX Smoke Alarms Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2005

i bought my house brand new and it came with your firex carbon monoxide detectors. after six months the detectors started to churp. i replaced the battery and 8 hrs. later the darn thing started to churp again. so i thought it might be a bad battery, it wasn't the unit and all 4 units that i have in my house are doing the same thing? WHY???? I have 5 children and 2 gas fireplaces, you do the math! I have currently got a temporary co2 detector, while waiting a response from firex? please act fast co2 is no joke! thank you

Original review: Feb. 7, 2003

I have a Firex smoke detector Model 120-557B.I was doing a routine monthly check and found the alarm not working. Battery was good but the alarm was so faint you could never hear it unless you were on top of it. I have always purchased Firex detectors because I thought they were the best on the market. This really upsets me to know that the alarm went bad and If I hadn't have checked it I never would have known. I also put these detectors in my rental property's. What's up with these things?

Original review: April 20, 2001

In February of this year, I purchased a pro pak of firex ADC smoke detectors at Home Depot. After installing and interconnecting them I discovered that the interconnecting capability of the alarms did not work on any of them. Home Depot could offer no other choices for the 120 volt and interconnected alarms so I purchased another package of another brand.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2000

In January I bought at Home Depot three new Firex smoke detectors with 10-year lithium battery.

One detector does not sound with test or with smoke. Mfg date is Sept. 24, 1999. A representative said they would send a replacement in about one week. My concern is how many detectors are out there that are defective like this.

This is why every smoke detector should be checked at least once a year. Also, we've forwarded Timmi's report report to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

FireX Smoke Alarms Company Information