What's the difference between Choice Home Warranty and Super Home Inc.?
Choice Home Warranty and Super Home Inc. both provide home warranties that cover the cost of repairing or replacing home appliances and systems, but which one is right for you?
We’ve put Choice Home Warranty and Super Home Inc. side by side to help you choose between the two. By comparing protection options, prices and customer reviews, you should be able to decide which company offers the better home warranty solution for your specific needs.
|Monthly premium cost||$46.83 to $54.75||$47 to $107|
|Average cost for combo plan||$54.75 (Total plan)||$72 (Signature plan)|
|Annual premium cost||$532 to $627 (for 13 months)||$529 to $1,249|
|Service call fee||$85||$75|
|Discounts available||Discounts for paying annually; free 13th month||Discount for paying annually|
|$46.83 to $54.75||$54.75 (Total plan)||$532 to $627 (for 13 months)||$85||Discounts for paying annually; free 13th month|
|$47 to $107||$72 (Signature plan)||$529 to $1,249||$75||Discount for paying annually|
|Plans available||Basic, Total||Secure, Signature, Lux|
|Combo plan covered items||16||17|
|Service recall period||30 days for labor; 90 days for parts||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor|
|Availability||48 states||5 states|
|Basic, Total||8||8||16||30 days for labor; 90 days for parts||48 states|
|Secure, Signature, Lux||8||9||17||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor||5 states|
|Built-in food centers||—||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||—||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.0||3.9|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is available in 48 states, with Washington and California being the exceptions. Its prices are competitive, but they do vary from state to state. CHW does not require a home inspection.
Choice Home Warranty plans
There are two simple plans available from CHW. Contracts typically last for one year, and coverage begins 30 days after enrollment is completed.
- Basic Plan: The Basic Plan covers major home systems (including your electrical, heating and plumbing), along with some appliances (like built-in microwaves, dishwashers and whirlpool bathtubs).
- Total Plan: The Total Plan includes everything offered by the Basic Plan, but it also offers coverage for your refrigerator, air conditioning system and clothes dryer.
Optional coverage lets you customize either the Basic or Total Plan with coverage for various extra items. Add-ons include but are not limited to:
- Limited roof leaks
- Septic systems
- Sump pumps
- Well pumps
- Second refrigerators
- Stand-alone freezers
A service fee of $85 applies to every service call, regardless of reason or claim outcome.
What Do Choice Home Warranty customers say?
Overall, CHW customers were satisfied with the technicians that respond to service calls and report that customer service was adequate. Users also appreciate how easy it was to sign up for warranty protection. Customers who were not happy with CHW felt that claim coverage levels were unfairly represented and that customer service was lacking, though.
Super Home Inc.
Super is a subscription-based company that claims to offer more of a concierge service than a traditional warranty plan. However, its services are currently limited to Atlanta, Georgia; Phoenix, Arizona; Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, D.C.; and select major cities in Texas.
Super Home Inc. plans
Super offers three subscription plans:
- Secure: This plan offers protection for some home appliances and systems, including your dishwasher, built-in microwave, washer and dryer. Maintenance service reminders are included in the Secure plan, too.
- Signature: This plan includes all the systems, appliances and services in the Secure plan and adds an “It’s Covered” upgrade that rounds out and extends its coverage. For example, this adds coverage for microwave door glass, linings and shelves, which aren’t covered by the Secure plan.
- Lux: This plan includes everything in the Signature plan and adds coverage for enhanced plumbing upgrades, smart-home devices, landscape lighting, gas fireplaces, outdoor fire pits and warming and cooling drawers.
A wide array of add-ons make all of Super’s plans highly customizable, too. The Lux plan alone offers 11 optional extras that include coverage for a saltwater pool, a sprinkler system and a water softener/reverse osmosis system.
A service copay of $75 applies only to the first visit if a repair or replacement requires more than one service appointment.
What are Super Home Inc. customers saying?
Customers like Super’s easy application process and the professional demeanor of its contractors. Customers who were unsatisfied complained of poor customer service and waiting long periods for Super to schedule contractors.
Bottom line: Choice Home Warranty or Super Home Inc.?
Choice Home Warranty offers two fairly traditional warranty plans, and its services are available in 48 states. Super has a somewhat unique approach and a wider variety of options. However, it’s more expensive than many home warranty providers, and it’s only available in a handful of cities.
- Choice Home Warranty is best for homeowners who need a traditional warranty plan without as many frills.
- Super is best for those in cities where it currently operates who don’t mind paying more for a higher level of service.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.