Formerly Central Security Group

1.5/5 (176 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Alert 360

Alert 360 provides home security systems nationwide. It offers multiple packages with different levels of security, as well as smart home integration options. The company doesn’t disclose its pricing on the website, but you can receive a free quote online or by visiting your local agent.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Available nationwide
    • Smart home integration
    • Multiple packages

Cons

• No price transparency
    • Monitoring services are expensive

Bottom Line

Alert 360 offers smart devices, system packages and professional monitoring services featuring various levels of security. It provides free quotes online and in person, and its services are available nationwide.

Alert 360 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

A friendly salesman came to my door on a stormy evening to sell me into the Alert 360 Security System. He was super friendly and we hung out past his presentation due to a tornado warning. I had an unstable ex-husband that had me wanting a security system for a while and I was pleased with what the sales person told me about and agreed. The system was set up the next day.

The very first thing that I did not like was that I am a renter. My sales guy said I would be getting a phone call from someone to verify my information and that I was to tell that person I owned the home. I do not like lying and I felt pressure to do so just to protect my home. Next thing, anytime I’ve had to call the customer service center, they have been extremely rude and responded in a way that made it seem I was inconveniencing them by calling. I called to see if someone would come out to move my panel as my refrigerator was blocking it and they said it would cost $120. That is insane. I pay $66 a month for what? So many other companies are better priced or you can even get your own and set it up with NO monthly fee. That is precisely what I want to do because....

The most recent incident was that I had to get a new WiFi router due to doing virtual school and working from home. I spent an hour getting my doorbell camera to work. Then I moved on to my driveway camera and I kept getting errors so it referred me to the customer service center. As usual the person I spoke to was rude. She also informed me I BROKE my warranty by “changing my WiFi password” like... how is that a thing? It’s literally something people should do regularly to SECURE their internet yet it breaches my warranty of SECURING my home?!

They said they would come out to fix it for $120 again which makes me extremely upset since literally all they are going to do is hit a button on the camera. Really not ok with the entire situation and now I have no surveillance on my driveway. Oh yeah and my doorbell that I fixed myself, won’t save my videos anymore. Icing on the cake. I want out of my contract and I can’t because I would have to pay almost 2 years worth of $66/month and I’m on unemployment due to COVID. Basically, if you are thinking of getting a security system, RUN from Alert 360. FAST.

Alert 360 response
    Alert 360 prides itself on providing world-class service, and we regret any customer dissatisfaction. Since you made a change to your equipment
    which rendered your system inoperative, this service repair would not have been covered. Your warranty is valid for Alert 360 equipment support.
    The recorded call indicates our support specialist was courteous and did offer to waive 50% of the service charge to send a repair technician, but this offer was refused.

We are open to further discussion.

Resolution response: July 30, 2020

Alert 360 did resolve this issue after 1 year of trying to cancel my service. It took me writing a review on this website and laying out the fraudulent activity that they committed against me.

Original review: July 28, 2020

After over a year of trying to cancel my account with Alert360 they have failed to actually cancel my account. Instead, they continued to bill me and call me every three months to collect. On every instance, I inform the person on the phone that I agreed to do a buyout (which I paid) and that person confirms that they can see the time and date of the original phone call and buyout agreement. They assure me that they will send me the requisite paperwork to sign for them to "cancel" my account. I never receive an email from them and checked my spam folder repeatedly. I began to suspect that this was intentional.

They sent the debt to a collector. Sending fake debts to collectors is fraud. It also is damaging my credit. I have called them 6 times in the last 2 days and they promise that they will return my call and handle the situation. Of course they haven't. I have no faith that they intend to do what they say. They put me on hold and bounce me from one department to another and every question or request I make must be answered by a different department than the one I am speaking with. I have seen on this website that many other people have had similar experiences and some have said they are looking into a class action suit. There is a reason they have a 1.5 star review. Selling fake debts is a white collar crime and should be reported here: **.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Chris. I apologize for any frustration you have had with Alert 360. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 19, 2020

The property have a motion sensor with camera, the property got broken into the motion sensor did not picked-up the thieves. They were 3 feet away from the sensor camera, face to face to the sensor! So the company does not cover commercial and just few items in residential. Why to pay for an alarm system if there is no coverage when they messed up?

Alert 360 response

Thank you for your review. Alert 360 prides itself on industry-leading customer service, and uses state-of-the-art technology. Your review is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide, and we would welcome the opportunity to investigate your concerns. We are unable to locate an account based on the information provided. Please provide the address or phone number on your account through private response or email Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so we may investigate further.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Switched over to Alert 360 due to their pricing. Process of initiating service with them was fairly easy because my system was already installed and compatible with them. I did add a couple of sensors that I purchased from Alert 360 at that time. They did not mention the length of the contract was 3 years instead of the typical 2 years.

I then got transferred with my job with 21 months left on my contract. I tried to cancel but found out I could not. I have been able to cancel a contract with other alarm monitoring companies if moving to a new location. So I tried to transfer my service to the new location. Alert 360 would not let me transfer my contract instead trying to get me into a new, more expensive contract. SO THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR SIDE OF THE CONTRACT BUT WANTED ME TO HONOR MINE! They do not care about their customers, only money. I would suggest going with someone else for your alarm monitoring. There are other companies that are similar in pricing and more reputable.

Alert 360 response

We make every attempt to be transparent with our contract terms. The signed contract indicates this was a 36-month agreement. Our customers also sign a "No Secrets" form which restates the contract terms in plain language, and advises the customer is responsible for the terms of the agreement even if they move and no longer use the service. We would be happy to provide a copy of this agreement, and we have offered options to this customer. These options remain available for consideration.

Original review: April 2, 2020

My Father died from Covid-19 and I got a bill from the company so I called to advise them that he passed and to cancel service. The customer service person said I am not on the account so she couldn't help me. I am the Trustee of the estate I told her. She said she still can't do anything. I asked for a superior Not available. I ask politely several times. She just kept telling me she cannot help me. Well ALERT 360 Your firm in insensitive and disrespectful to grieving family members for a few bucks. Shame in you!

If you plan to use these companies services you are forewarned that you'd better put a lot of family members on the account in the event you need to address any issues. I'm upset, I'm concerned for the rest of the clients who may have a similar experience. If you don't have backup with other decision makers, you'd better call them and get that done. They are F- in my book!

Alert 360 response
    We are very sorry for your loss Robert, and during these times we recognize the importance of finding ways to conduct business without difficulty.
    As a security provider we require documentation and verification that the individual we are speaking to is authorized to conduct business on our customer’s behalf. Please email us at

info@alert360.com and provide your contact information including documentation indicating you are the estate trustee. We will contact you to complete your request.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Yikes. When the people above and the folks below warn y'all not to do business with these fools, listen. Listen, then heed! Two bits of advice I'd love to go back in time to tell my former self. =P I'm here to tell you, with three advance degrees to my name, I still signed a contract with the people (that was for two years, despite them NOW saying it was for three), and have been DEEPLY, DEEPLY, DEEEEEPLY dissatisfied with every since signing my name.

THE CAMERAS DO NOT WORK. That's right. Half the time they're down. One, two, all of them. The right one, the left one, no rhyme or reason, just down, down, down. You need them to monitor a door? Forget about it. You want to be able to surveil your property? Too darn bad! Their debit equipment will work like clockwork every single month, but their hardware in your home? Be prepared for it to fail at least 30% of the time. AT LEAST.

THE SOFTWARE IS SO KLUGE, IT'S LIKE LOOKING AT THE CODE THAT RAN NETSCAPE IN 90s. This won't mean a ton to many, but for those in the know, it's both laughable and DEAD ON. What this means for you as the end user? To be kluge (cloo-gee) is to be so in-elegant as to render a product or a situation D-O-O-M-E-D. Much like the aforementioned Netscape reference! ;D It means that what you're hoping to use will high volumes of latency (move slow!), will refresh with all the speed of a slurtle (the byproduct of a slug and a turtle!), and will -- at moments of great importance!! -- totally crap out! That's the technical term for being rendered totally useless. So, ultimately, it's got problems.

PLUS, and HERE IS THE REAL KICKER, IT'S NOT SAFE. A little more than a year into using this service, my husband and I suddenly noticed that the code we'd chosen had been overwritten when we tried to deactivate the nights' prior settings, and the alarm kept going off without deactivating. We entered our normal code a dozen times, then finally had to call the company. They explained that someone had logged on late to our account the night before (at 11:30pm-ish), and had changed our pass code! We hadn't done it, but they kept insisting that we had. That we had and that they'd never experienced that problem before! The code that was chosen wasn't one we'd ever used or would have ever used for anything! So, I know it wasn't us!

Not only that, but the system should have a policy in place wherein if something like that happens, you're informed. An email blast should be auto-generated (like with any other service!) that tells you a code has been changed, and that if it wasn't you who'd done it, you should contact service for assistance! No such policy exists! So, if hackers do get into your account (and, again, you can refer the "kluge" content of this review to see the "quality" of the code for the system!), you'd never know it! Not before it was way, way, way too late!

Finally, and several people have mentioned it, but it bears repeating: THIS COMPANY PRACTICES DECEPTIVE CONTRACT LAW. After you sign your name on the dotted, I defy you to find your actual printed contract. And since you have no ability to do so, these people can make whatever you signed say whatever it is they want to.

THEY KEEP SAYING THAT THEY'RE THE COMPANY WITH NO SECRETS, and yet they auto-renew your contract, they extend contract lengths, they make promises to fulfill service obligations (whether it's finding you a way to help you move or it's actually keeping their equipment operational!) and they fail more times than they are successful. Just trust me when I say, to do business with these people is to do yourself a great disservice.

For those trying to cancel, I recommend the following--

1.) Write a letter specifying that you want to cancel no later than the SECOND your current contract expires. That you WILL NOT RENEW, that you WILL NOT CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, and that failure to cancel your contract will result in a lawsuit.

2.) Go to the post office. Send a certified copy to the company and send another certified copy to yourself. Do not open your certified copy, but do keep it for the future. Send an email to their "cares" email address notifying them that you have sent a certified copy to both and that upon that final date, if your service is not terminated, you will press charges.

3.) Contact your credit card company (if you pay through them. If you do not, I recommend switching it out!) to let them know that you have been trying to cancel with them in every legal way possible. Inform them that they practice predatory behaviors and that you have sent them certified cancellations. Ask them to protect your interest should Alert 360, Alarm.com, Fort Knox (or any of their other subsidiaries) fail to meet those demands.

4.) Use social media to shame these people into better business practices or complete social ruin. There is still no better advertising than word-of-mouth, and I promise you that by speaking out on Facebook, Twitter, places like ConsumerAffairs, etc., we can prevent the next poor sucker looking to keep their family safe from getting taken advantage of by the people who should be providing their security. =P

Original review: March 3, 2020

My contract was for 3 years at $70 monthly, part of the contract was the price of equipment. Once the 3 years had gone by the company continued to charge the same rate. So when we asked them why are we being charged for equipment, the transfer game began. I have contacted my attorney general to file a complaint. I advise everyone that are dealing with these practices by this company to do the same.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Mike. Alert 360 prides itself on industry-leading customer service, and I'm sorry if you don't feel that was met in your interaction with us. We are more than willing to work with you to resolve any concerns you may have. We have made multiple attempts to contact you, but have been unable to reach you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so we may discuss available options with you. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: March 3, 2020

My husband and had Alert 360 put into our home when we first moved in. Three years later when I called to ask a question they couldn't find us in the system because they had the wrong address. So we were paying for what exactly? 2 years later my husband was diagnosed with cancer and we needed to move to be near a cancer institute in hopes of saving his life. I reached out to alert 360 and let them know of this matter. They wanted to know where we were going and I told them that we were going to be living at the institute's extended stay until I found housing.

I found housing and the home was already equipped with a security system. Alert 360 was blowing my phone up asking when they were going to be putting in the system. I told them that we already had a system to which they said I need to pay over $1400 or they would take me to collections. Sadly my husband did not beat the cancer diagnosis and he died in Sept of 2019. Alert 360 has sent me to a collection agency. This is not an ethical company.

Alert 360 response

Alert 360 is always willing to work with our valued customers who may be going through a hardship, such as the loss of a loved one. Mr. Erker will need to reach out to the company who is currently managing his debt. He will need to correspond with them for any further information. Alert 360 considers this matter closed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We have tried to cancel services with Guardian on multiple occasions. After our initial contract period expired, they automatically initiated a new contract without prior contact to my wife or I. At that point they refused to void the new contract and stated we would have to pay the entirety of the new contract in order to void it. We decided to keep the company at that time, even though we hardly, if ever, used their services. When we moved to a new state after they continued the contract without our approval, we called to cancel their services. We were again informed that we would have to pay the remaining balance for every month remaining on the contract to cancel....even though we were moving to a state that they didn't provide service. Company is completely unethical, rigid, and dishonest. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Steer clear of Alert 360. ADT is a much better option.

Alert 360 response

Alert 360 is always willing to work with our valued customers who may be going through a hardship. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My parents has request to cancel this service for one a year. Several family members have fax letter of cancellation. The customer rep told us we can't cancel and good luck with trying then hung up the phone. My father has dementia when they pushed him into their service. They kept calling him every day till he said yes due to being confused. My mother has Parkinson and they have Xfinity the entire time. This company had no right providing a second alarm system. The alarm goes off and no one know how to turn it off. The customer service reps are rude and do not help us. It's not hard to confuse 82 year old man. This company scams people. Please do not sign a contract. You will regret ever doing business with Alert 360. They enjoy taking advantage of senior citizens. Refusing to provide help with cancellation process. ALERT 360 IS A BAD COMPANY.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Dana. I apologize for any frustration you have had with Alert 360. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Alert 360 Company Information