Blue Haven Pools & Spas

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Blue Haven Pools & Spas

60 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools & spas in all sizes, shapes, and styles with exclusive, high-tech SmartFeatures® that automate pool care, save time, money, water, and energy, and purify with virtually no chlorine. Local designers provide free in-home estimates and custom plans. 100% financing is available oac. Since 1990 alone, nearly 110,000 Blue Haven pools have been built or remodeled!

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable
  • Free estimates
  • Financing available
Cons
  • Limited availability
  • Pricing not disclosed online

Stars Rating

• 70%
  • 15%
  • 9%
  • 5%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?
    PriceStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

We designed the pool and the rep helped us put everything together. She was very knowledgeable. We like the whole pool design, including the tanning ledge and the hot tub. Blue Haven made it known what the cost was per item so we were able to pick and choose what we wanted to. We could have put less in and paid less money, but we chose not to. We were well aware of what they were charging before they even started. They did a good job and always kept in contact with me even to this day. The superintendent over the pool was a good person all the way around. I recommended Blue Haven to a buddy of mine. He's a builder that I work for and they're putting one in for him right now.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Picked Blue Haven do to the 4.9 stars for reviews on their site. Process started off good but soon went down hill. The PM they assigned to our project was either inexperienced or just didn’t care. Communication was poor to say the least and even at one point went and talked to the GM at which I thought might make a difference. Nothing changed and even asked to have the PM removed for another and was told we couldn’t. Finally after the pool was finished and the punch list items began we then found out the PM quit and we were dealing with his supervisor (whom we had been along the way Copying him on all correspondences).

Pool was completed right before Thanksgiving 2023 and here we are 3/20/24 and still struggling to get all complete. I knew up front Blue Haven wasn’t the least expensive and the GM even stated that to me, but for goodness sake pay attention to your costumers at hand. I mean a pool 100k+ does deserve attention to detail and communication.

Reviewed May 12, 2024

We got financed for the pool that we had from Blue Haven and the process was easy enough. Their designer was helpful in helping us get a design made up that would work for our yard. We have the HOA, which I found 100% confusing, so he helped us navigate through all those type of things in the beginning to jump through their hoops to give them what they needed because I didn't understand what we were supposed to give them. I would have not known what to do to get the HOA, so he was very good with that stuff. We had tons of options because of our backyard's size. But we knew what we were looking for and they were able to do that for us. We were happy with how it turned out. We have a spillover from the spa into the pool, which I like. We also got lights in the pool.

As far as the teams that would come and do each part of the pool, I didn't need to really communicate with them on anything. But they seemed very friendly. I dealt with the construction manager, so if there was any question, I would ask him through the process and everything was good through all that. All my neighbors know that we had a good experience with Blue Haven and everybody in the whole neighborhood was impressed. They could see how well Blue Haven did and how on schedule they were. I also say good things about the pool, but lots of people driving by into the neighborhood to look at the model home right across the street from me could see it too and we've got a lot of compliments on it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Blue Haven built a small cocktail pool for us. They're slow. It took eight months and I still haven't got my permit yet. I got an email a month ago saying they were still on hold.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Blue Haven took care of everything, even down to the smallest issue that I had when they completed the pool. They had everything squared away and there were no hiccups at all. Based on other people's experiences by way of the news, where you hear people have pools that are not finished, I was impressed that Blue Haven went through and we didn't have an experience that other people might have had. I've had a good experience with them. The pool came with LED lights and the panel that runs the plumbing or the pumping system is a Smart feature. I can access it on my phone. The only thing is that Blue Haven should have probably selected a different company for pool cleaning services. After the services that were provided with the pool, I'm no longer using them. They completely went out of business. Blue Haven has cleaning services, but it's just commercial as opposed to residential.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 22, 2024

Blue Haven is way overpriced and their customer service could have done a lot better. It took a while for them to get started on my pool and it took them a while to build the pool. Then they were bragging about getting a pool done in five days right down the way. I was wondering was I not important enough to get it done like they got it done with the guy down the street. That was frustrating.

When we were laying out the pool, we were looking for their guidance on where the 6-foot line would start to drop. They said it early, so we don't have much of a shallow end. We got 2 feet of actual 3-foot walking grounds, and the rest of it goes down to 6 feet. It drops gradually but you go down another 2 feet, and you can't touch the ground. With the pavers, I'm already having issues with some areas that are dropping down. We got a waterfall and that’s also been a problem ‘cause the water splashes back at the edging of our Jacuzzi. It causes a salt buildup along the side. They had to redo the waterfall one time and they redid it again.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

It was excellent service and they did what they said they were gonna do when they said they were gonna do it in good mechanical and form. It's a very basic design which they helped me with and with the stair outline. My wife has two bad knees so they made the stairs less steep. I give them the highest recommendation possible.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

The reps from Blue Haven were very informative. They told us what we needed to expect and what crews would be here. They spoke very little English but the rep would be here to decide for anything that needed to be done. I had my pool resurfaced and it took a week, which was perfect.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Blue Haven had a fair price and good reputation. They had good quality. And during the process of selection of the materials, they had fairly nice quality materials. We were happy with the installation. The manager and the team lead are all good with communication. I had no problems with them. When I needed something, they were there. They were addressing my issues. My next-door neighbor had a pool also being built at the same time, and they had issues. I didn't. I was happy with that. They completed the construction as they promised. It started in June, and it finished in October.

Reviewed March 28, 2024

It was the first time my wife and I ever had a pool built and the experience with Blue Haven was very informative. We had never done anything like that before so we didn't realize how the rep could design the pool with us standing right there telling him in our mind's eye what we would want but he was able to do that all in his graphic design. It was really easy and we could see what our yard was gonna look like before they even started working on the pool. The paperwork and all the stuff they did for us were really nice and our project manager was really good. Even when there wasn't anything planned for a week, he would still contact us and he kept us in the know about when they were gonna be doing what and we could make plans around it. There were tons of people coming in and out of the yard and he stayed on top of it. My mother and father-in-law are having a pool built and we've requested the same project manager.

The customer service from the design and the build was very good but they're a little hard to get ahold of. I've had a couple of questions and nobody hardly answers the phone there and it usually takes them a while to call back. Also, I found it a little bit weird that it's only a one-year warranty. But other than those, we like everything about the pool and we really like the lights.

Reviewed March 28, 2024

It was great with Blue Haven Pools & Spas. Daniel did a good job on the 3D drawings. Every time we'd make a change, he would redo the drawing so we could see what it was gonna look like. They changed things when we needed it to be changed and did things to make it fit the city code. It was a big construction project. There were little bumps in the road about some plumbing and we had to change some equipment and tune in the system. But they were very honest and did everything they said they'd do which was to build a great pool. We have the OMNI automation system and a SmartPure system. We also have LED lighting. The main thing was honesty with Pedro who runs the company. He did everything he said. They've also come and fix things afterwards for free.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

The whole experience was good and we're very happy with the pool itself. They were able to make the modifications to it as we went along. We were really happy with that. We have smart features, heater, and inlays in the pool with turtles and we're going to have smart deck installed within the next couple weeks. We recommend Blue Haven highly. They're not the cheapest solution by any stretch but we were really happy with the whole experience and the final product.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed March 27, 2024

We sent our idea to Blue Haven and they sent us back one shape of pool and we went from there. We added a tan ledge and changed the location of the steps. We gave up some things because the cost is outrageous but what we were willing to spend is pretty much what we got. Our salesperson, Pete, was very helpful beyond the actual sale. He made it easy and we can text him if we have any issues. The project overseer man was our most difficult interaction because he was so busy and hard to get ahold of if we needed something or if we had a question or something wasn't right. He was great when we were elated about everything going on but the second that we had a snafu, there was lack of communication. But we were always able to get ahold of somebody who could go get him.

Also, the biggest downside is that we were promised that the pool would be done in time to use last year and it was not. There was a hold-up at the beginning with the engineer so we've not been able to use it or enjoy it. Then, last minute, we had to install a $4,500 electrical panel because the electric that we had wasn't sufficient. That wasn't something that was looked at before and factored into the contract. But we love how the pool has turned out. It's pretty and the water features are lovely. From what we could tell so far, we're pretty impressed.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

Bucky at Blue Haven Pools is absolutely amazing. He cares about the customer and helps however he can. He called after he came out just to check on me with the pool. Blue Haven needs to give Bucky a raise….He deserves it!!!

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 3, 2024

It was a wonderful experience with Blue Haven from the sales process to financing to the materials all the way to the project manager, the contractors that they brought in, and the warranty. The pool builders, Mike and Francis, communicated well. They told us what was going on and they were easy to get ahold of. We paid a little bit more but it was worth it. They have nailed the process of building pools.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 3, 2024

The designer of Blue Haven helped with everything we weren't thinking of, like helping to pick out tile options and the biggest thing was the water feature we put in. It's an 18-foot raised wall that goes up a couple of feet and it has sheers coming out of it. The construction team provided good communication through texts, emails and calls. We always knew what was going on. It was overall a positive experience. Even now, if I have a question about something, I'll just text one of the guys and they get right back to me. They’re a great company with a great crew and a great designer.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

We have a small yard and Blue Haven has a pool that's small called a plunge pool. It's also heated and has jets like a spa does. We did have another pool company come and it was like night and day. Blue Haven Pool came out and measured everything. They did a 3D drawing of what this thing was gonna look like before we even started. Anything I needed to change, they just changed right then.

They told us it would take 8 to 12 weeks to install it but they finished it in 5 and they did an awesome job. Their crew was here when they said they were going to be here to start and they were here every day that they said they were going to be here -- always on time, never once did I have to wait for them. Also, they're so detail-oriented. One of the lights that goes around it was a different color and they made sure that they came back and changed it. I didn't even notice it but they did and they changed it right out. They were very polite and they kept me informed with every step they did. I knew exactly what was happening and what day it was gonna happen. Every one of them and their departments was awesome. Even after the pool has been installed, I had a question on something and they get right back to me.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

Blue Haven was very prompt and they responded to every question I had. The whole part was about eight weeks. We were really quick to start and we saw a lot that first week or two. Then we were at a standstill for three weeks and after they did the rough end part, it just took a while for the next step. Also, we did the sun shelf and we changed the scale of the pool. They did a good job and I'm happy with the finished product.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I decided to go with Blue Haven because I liked the energy of the lady who sold the pool and she explained everything step by step. She really sold the pool and let us see exactly what it would look like. She made me see our yard in a whole different light. She met our expectations. I went in to pick out the tile and coping and all the finishes. She made it easy, letting us see everything together and then was able to put it in the computer design so that we could see what it would look like all together. So, I really loved that. She was friendly and helpful. Also, Blue Haven made financing easy and that was the biggest part. Even the installers would come in and let us know everything that was going on and the next steps to come. So, I felt very informed through the whole process. I had a very good experience.

I love the pool. We were able to get lights in the pool. My only regret is not getting the heater. So, that's something I'm gonna look into later. The construction process was long only because of the weather. So, the weather played a huge part in it. It started in the rainy season. The pool was finished by May 5th. We had our first official swim date. It was nice. We got the lighting in the pool, and I love it for the lights show. We got a waterfall feature, which is nice as well. We have two benches. One's longer than the other, which the kids love because they lay out on it even though the water is above their head. They like to lay under the water on the bench. I feel like it's a pool that's good for my whole family.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

We went with a company that seemed to have the best reputation for getting the job done and following through, and that was Blue Haven. The designer listened to our desires. We've made some adjustments along the way and it was not a problem. It worked out well. We wanted a smaller pool that was equal to the patio that we had built, which is 22-foot wide. Blue Haven could only go out so far 'cause there's a pond so there's a fence. We had them build a 10 by 20 plunge pool, which turns out great for us. We put some tiles at the edge of the steps. Our neighbors had recommended getting the glass tile inlays at the end of the steps. They didn't get them and it's hard for them to see the edge of the steps. We got to choose the color of the final material, which turned out great and the tiles.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

Blue Haven had a smooth process. I just filled out an application online, and then their person who's in charge of the loans communicated with me what was going on with the pool loan, the steps, and the payments. If I had any issues, it was easy to reach out to them via email. They’d reply back usually the same day, but it was always within 24 hours. I used to be in banking, so it was a really easy and pleasant experience.

Communication was great. We had a few hiccups, but that was mainly due to weather and my yard. It was out of their control. They came in, and fixed the issue from the last pool contractor. I feel we built a really beautiful pool. They pointed out things that would cause issues with my design down the road. So, the overall design is not what I originally imagined. But the final design, in my opinion,is a much better pool and functionality and cleaning. Mine would have been very difficult for what I wanted. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven. All the designers there are willing to help each other. When I couldn't get ahold of one person, they would have someone else reach out to me. They were honest, upfront, and straightforward.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

My experience with the Blue Haven designer is a mixed bag. Originally, we had somebody come out. We were very happy with him. He was from the Exton office. We were given a number, kind of scratchy on the pad, with loose details of what we wanted and estimated prices. Then the pandemic happened and when we called back a month later, he was going out for an illness. So, we were moved to the head office. At that point he came out, the design had to be redone. There was a lot of going back and forth on design and where would it be located, but my dissatisfaction was with the numbers of how much this would cost in actuality. Whereas, I feel like maybe with the person from Exton, I might have been able to get those numbers sooner. So, that created a delay in our process.

We went to contract, but the pool was done a year and a half later, and I understand a lot of that has to do with the resources that were available. With the process of getting the paper and the survey, we were told, "Oh, if you have somebody who can do the survey faster with the site plan, then you should do that." That was the way we went, but I feel like that dragged things through a little bit longer. Finally, when we got approval from the township in the fall, it was too late to start. So, then we had to wait till spring, which we were fine about. It was just taking a long time from the contract that we signed in the spring to the fall to get approval from the township, with all of that time. So that seemed to take a lot of time. Then in the spring, started in March, things were going fast. But then all of a sudden, it was like we were dropped and they didn't come back out until July. We were like, "Where are you guys? Why aren't you here?"

We had to start applying pressure by phone calls and emails. Then things got picked up again. We finally had water in August to be able to have the pool filled, but then their landscaping person seemed to drag their feet. So, we were walking on cardboard and things like that to get to the pool because it was all dirt around the pool. That was going on until September. I would not have used their landscaping person. I had a landscaping person. He could have gotten us sod a lot faster and would have avoided all of that, but we are at the mercy of thinking that, when you're signing up for the pool, that you need to use their subcontractors.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Blue Haven was able to do what we needed financially and the financing process with them took a week. But during the project, they kept taking different amounts of money out. Other than that, we talked about what we wanted with the designer and they showed us some different designs. We went with what we could afford which is a figure eight pool. It’s got a lounger area and has a spa attached to it. It's also got a deck area around it that we had installed. And it's nice. I also like that we got it heated. During the construction, they set the dates when they were going to be doing things through Buildertrend and we made sure we were available if they needed us.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I told the rep what I wanted and he drew up a plan that was pretty close. Then we tweaked it a little bit more. It was pretty smooth. The installers that came in were okay. But they left a lot of trash around my yard. Other than that, everything was good. They had to come out and acid wash my pool because they left footprints all in my pool everywhere.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I enjoyed their service. Mike, their manager, was awesome. Everything was fine. They explained everything. They even have an app that you can go in and follow the progress. The pool is beautiful. It's exactly what we wanted.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

Everything was 100% awesome and the communication was really good. Everything went smooth and quick. From the time they started to dig until the time we were swimming was six weeks. We ended up doing a hot tub with the waterfall edge.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

Outstanding. We had three pools built for us over the years and by far Blue Haven has proven thru their actions to be the best. From their designer (Rick R.) to their wonderful and efficient office staff (Morgan) to their operations superintendent (Thomas) we had the best home pool building experience. Equally important is the superb communication process throughout the pool building process and the continued accommodation to the homeowners. We appreciate the smooth operations from dig out to gunite to the paver install.. The crews did an excellent professional job with minimal disturbance. It was such a pleasant experience to deal with such professionals to include their finance personnel. Blue Haven made the whole process a great experience for us. Without hesitation, if you desire a pool, highly recommend BH built you a quality pool. Hands down.

M & C

Hammock Bay Homeowners

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2024

Installing was 10 star and installer had excellent customer service. I had so much fun watching my pool get installed. My family and grandchildren was so surprised when I showed them the new pool GRANDMA

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

Working with Blue Haven Pools & Spas' designer was very easy. I knew what I wanted. It was no fuss. I don't like a lot of stress. So, we were in and out, picked our stuff out. He worked with us. We have a small yard. Blue Haven listened to my problem. They listened to what I wanted, but they put me back into reality. So, my total design was changed by their expertise. I trusted them a lot to change my whole design.

We started after the holidays, and the pool was done within three months. It started in February. It was May or June that it was done. It was quick. Once they got to business, they were good. I had a hole in my backyard, and my friends had one too. They've been waiting five months for theirs. That was a different pool company. Ours was done before they even got their concrete sprayed. I was nervous, but we were in the pool by summer. Also, we liked the follow through and the follow-up. We've already recommended Blue Haven to several of our friends.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

Everything was perfect with Blue Haven. Everything looks great and was done super well. Also, if I ever had a concern, it was addressed immediately. We have recommended them.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Company Information