4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools & spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan (in most locations, with 3-D virtual reality software). Best of all, our exclusive, high-tech SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical. In the last 25 years alone, offices across America have successfully built and remodeled nearly 90,000 pools! 100% financing oac.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

445 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 7, 2019

We were really happy with how quick Blue Haven got the pool done and everything from start to finish. Everything went smoothly. We needed some dirt work done in the back, and the excavator operator put the dirt where we wanted it. That was really nice of him. He didn't have to do that. He could have just piled it up, and he spread it out where we needed it so we were thankful for that.

Blue Haven resolved anything. If I needed to get a hold of one of the guys, I’d call them right there at the drop of a hat. I didn't receive the little stand-in piece ‘cause we got the SmartPure Ozone which I call the UV chlorinator. I went up there to the office, and the guy made me one, came back 30 minutes later, it was ready, and gave it to me free of charge. The lighting is probably one of our favorite features of the pool and there is one thing about that UV chlorinator I need to call up there. I put it in about 3 weeks ago and the bulb’s not lighting up. I need to find out what kinda warranty Blue Haven offers on that thing or if I just need to replace the bulb.

Original review: June 5, 2019

When I looked up Blue Haven Pools & Spas, they had the best reviews. I had them put in a pool in my backyard and do all the decking around it. I picked the design out with the designer and the construction team did an excellent job in setting it up. It came out exactly the way that they say it would and on schedule. The pool and deck have excellent quality. But it would be more helpful if they tell people up front that they’re not gonna restore the customer's property. There were gravel and landscaping rocks in the front of the house where they ran their tractors back and forth and that was never put back to the original state. That created little more work for me. I live in Washington and my pool is in Las Vegas. I had to make a couple of trips down there that I hadn’t planned on. But everything else went great.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I got my pool in October of 2018. I shopped around extensively and had 4 quotes. I decided on Blue Haven because of their details, warranty, professionalism, and options. They weren't the cheapest but I'm convinced they are definitely the best value. Jayme, the pool designer, is fantastic and created a great pool that exceeded all my expectations. Brent laid it out perfectly in the backyard and Dell was impressive in every capacity. His attention to details ensured everything was done to perfection. I called Dell about 10 times with random questions or concerns and he addressed them all often coming to my house to explain how things worked. He even orchestrated getting my diving board replaced 6 months after the pool was completed. I give them my highest recommendation!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Blue Haven's designer was great and he did what we wanted. We got a pool and hot tub combo from them with a waterfall coming off the hot tub into the pool.

They have a yearly summer huge print magazine at Blue Haven. We picked up one of those one time when we were in there, picking up colored tiles and stuff like that. That's when I saw that extra tile trim on the step. When I inquired about how much that would cost, it was minimal. 5 or 600 extra bucks.

So, I decided to do that. We also have an additional bond beam wall with a teared-up cascading waterfall coming off that in the center of the swimming pool. Additionally, we had pavers installed all around the pool instead of concrete. We also had a little trim tile added on the steps going into the pool and the hot tub, the seat and step in the hot tub as well as the swim out step in the deep end to help see where the steps were underwater. On top of that, we had multicolored LED lights put in both the hot tub and in the swimming pool.

During construction, we had a layout guy who was our main point of contact. Once the dirty work started to happen, then we got another guy who ended up being the main guy throughout the rest of the swimming pool build. We were dealing with Blue Haven often and with their landscape division called, Havenscapes. We did the pool, the patio pavers, huge pergola, and then additional landscaping sod, trees and shrubs, and lighting around that. So, we had a lot of different moving pieces going in and had typical weather delays.

However, it was disappointing that there were four, five or six days here and there when nothing was happening. During that time, they were waiting on the pavers and on the fireplace to get done. On top of that we had the pergola beams wrapped in concrete stone about 3 feet up to match the stone on the fireplace. They had two guys dealing with that. That took two or three weeks for them to build the fireplace and wrap the stone on the pergola.

We also had an extra 30-day delay because the month we were gonna get to meet with the Historic Board there was an ice storm in Oklahoma, and so, that meeting got canceled. The Historic Board meets just once a month and we went 30 days behind waiting on the next meeting to come around. Eventually, we got the approval and Blue Haven was gonna start the first part of April. However, we got delayed again because a teachers' strike made it impossible to get any kind of heavy equipment down the street to start evacuating the dirt for the pool.

As a whole, we were in a busy timeline. We signed the contract in November and they didn’t get started until April. We didn’t’ get the pool completely finished until the 4th of July. The aforementioned delays weren't in Blue Haven's control at all but then our pool build still went as well as it could have gone. They got all the issues handled and thus, I've referred them to several people already.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The Blue Haven designer was just amazing with questions and answers. I'm happy the pool was built very quickly, and to what we could afford and what we loved. The shape looks great and the patio is amazing. So, we are very happy with the look of the pool. The space could be wider and laid out on the smaller part of the patio but they helped us a lot with the location. We made our own decision on our shape, but I liked that besides the steps to go in and out, he built a layout on the side where you can sit and lie down, kind of above the water, but in the water. I loved that. I can't wait to get in the water and lie down on that part. The pool is a built system and we have a side area where we switch on for the automatic drainage to work. The construction team was quick and they were super nice. Everyone knew what they had to do, in and out, and that was great. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: May 24, 2019

The finished product is great but getting there was hard. I realize that things happen like weather etc. When you are told something is scheduled you rely on it so you can schedule other things. Example...the final grade was scheduled 23 May 2019, nobody shows and we are told that they had to turn around on the midway bridge. Mind you this was late in the evening. We then were told they would be out first thing the next morning so we scheduled a sod delivery. Again late in the afternoon we find that it has to be rescheduled for the next Tuesday. I am going to have to pay someone last minute to do a final grade because I can't let 15 pallets of sod sit out till Tuesday.

I don't mind eating the cost for busted sprinkler heads and cut lines but if we can't trust a schedule that we are told, what can we do. I was told in my so many words that we shouldn't go by when we are told something is scheduled. Well why schedule it if we shouldn't depend on it anyway. Very frustrated. The pool is great but after the design the customer is left hanging in the wind and at the mercy of the contractors.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a good experience with Blue Haven. Everybody was really helpful and excellent to work with. I originally wanted a saltwater pool, but the designer talked me out of it. Looking back on it now, it was an excellent decision on my part to listen to him and not do a saltwater pool. I wanted to put flagstone around the top of the pool and he told me that that wasn’t a good idea and that the saltwater would eventually start corrosion on the flagstone.

The construction team was really helpful and did an excellent job. They were very well-spoken people. I was told it’d take six weeks, but they went over by four days. There were several rain events that put them behind schedule, but they worked through it. The pool is gorgeous and we love it. I put a tanning ledge in it with three loungers, and then I got a bench on the opposite side. I’ve had a couple of people come look at it and everybody loved it. I’ve recommended Blue Haven to others.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We used Blue Haven because we wanted Greg, who franchises the company to our area. He is the owner and he project manages. He has got many years of experience and he was great. The final product is good, plus my pool has the waterfall aspect. I was happy with Blue Haven and I’ve referred them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The designer from Blue Haven did an excellent job. He suggested the geometry of the pool which made it look modern compared to the house. It's a good pool. It has an ozonator and a heater. We also have the ability to do a chlorine shock, and we have a couple of fountains and some bubblers. Then we have an app to have the ability to change the settings from our phones. Also, the communication with Blue Haven was great. They told me when the project would be completed and they met it and the guy who did the construction was good.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Everything was perfect with Blue Haven, as far as the communication and the design. Then in terms of the construction, they were updating me throughout the process and continued to hit timelines. It was great. I have a raised spa and a swim-up bar platform, and I've found some of the automated timers helpful for operating the pool. There’s a remote keypad and I also have the smart lighting.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Company Information