2. Elder Care

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About 101 Mobility

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

101 Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 101 Mobility?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 101 Mobility?

Original review: May 4, 2017

Anyone who has a family member that has a handicap know what I am saying. I called 3 service companies to have the chair lift fixed, one said it would be 7 days which was unacceptable because he needs to get upstairs for sleeping and to take a shower. 101 Mobility had the parts in stock and came out to fix it the same day. They arrived after working hours and repaired the lift in no time at all. I don't know how we could have made it without them. Thanks to Bev and her team.

Original review: April 19, 2016

What a great company. They set appointment. Showed up. Most don't! They even called before they showed up to confirm the appointment. The Salesperson knew what they were talking about and discussed many options for our stairlift. I understand that they have a warehouse in Braselton,GA but operate all over the Atlanta metro area north. What a pleasure to have them come out solve our problems, install, and follow-up. They even came back with a state inspector to make sure everything was OK. Wayne did a great job on installation. We would happily recommend them for anything. Their attitude is to do it right and to do the right thing. Others are always selling. 101 Mobility is trying to solve the problem. There is a difference!!

Original review: July 27, 2015

We needed a stairlift in a staircase that descends to a very small landing (less than 10 square feet) with a door in one wall. When the company's technician came to take measurements, we discussed the space limitations and decided on a lift that would turn the corner at the base of the stairs and park outside the stairwell. The 30-day lead time originally quoted stretched out to eleven weeks, and when the stairlift was finally installed, it did not include the final turn. It simply ended in the tiny landing, obstructing most of the area and blocking the door.

The company owners seemed completely uninterested in fixing the problem. They insisted that the stairlift was what we had ordered, and that there was no mistake made on the part of 101 Mobility. Eventually, the owner offered to get us a quote to fix the stairlift to our original specs, but treated me as if I were unreasonably demanding a change after the fact, snidely referring to it as my new option. Ultimately, the stairlift was fixed to our satisfaction, though not without more frustration. Just getting the quote for the repair took more than a month and two reminder emails from us, even though the business owner had promised to send it the next day. Then, in order to fix the stairlift, technicians had to remove the lower rail portion and return it to the manufacturer, leaving my husband without a usable stairlift for more than a month while the new part was being made.

In fairness, I must note that at the time of our experience, this 101 Mobility office was a franchise. It has since been sold back to the parent company, the former franchise owners have left, and the new manager has been polite and helpful. So others may have a better experience than we did, but I am still concerned that the company's internal processes seem to offer little protection for their customers.

Our problem began with a simple mistake: the technician failed to include the requested turn and park feature in his paperwork. But the tech's paperwork was never shared with us, so we had no chance to correct the mistake. The company uses a redundant measuring system that should help prevent mistakes. In addition to manual measurements recorded on paper, the tech used a photogrammetric system (photos interfaced with a computer for highly accurate measurement). But apparently no one ever compared the two sets of measurements or noticed any discrepancy. The order for our stairlift was based solely on the erroneous paper form.

A second safety net also failed. The manufacturer sent working drawings for approval prior to fabrication, but again, we never saw them. They were approved by 101 Mobility, apparently based solely on the technician's flawed paperwork. Considering the very high cost of the mobility aids this company deals in, I am appalled that they seem to have no safeguards to assure that items ordered are in accordance with the customer's needs and wishes.

101 Mobility Company Information