2. Elder Care

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About 101 Mobility

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

101 Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 101 Mobility?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 101 Mobility?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

CONSUMER BEWARE: Remember your local 101 Mobility location is a franchise and is independently owned & operated. This is a review of the Sacramento, CA area franchise & corporate office response. To begin, my wife & I decided to have a stairlift chair installed due to her mother needing to move in to be cared for @ 85 yrs. We decided on 101 Mobility because my wife’s cousin owns a franchise and we thought he might be able to help. Due to the franchise locations, he was able to put in touch with the local franchise and it went down from here.

The local franchise after coming out and taking measurements, quotes us for a stair chair @$8,000 - $15,000. Mind you this was being installed on a straight staircase with 14 steps. My wife again reached out to consult with her cousin. Her cousin then reached out to the local franchise to explain exactly what type of chair was needed for the purpose. The 2nd quote was for $2800. There was also a verbal agreement the chair could be bought back after it was no longer needed. This was the first sign of things to come. Installation was done quickly on a Sunday morning which was the only blessing. However, the installer forgot to bring the remote for the chair & left his tools when leaving. After being notified with 30 minutes of leaving it wasn’t important enough to return with remotes & pick up his tools. It took 3 weeks to get the remotes.

Customer service when calling the office was not the best; it took multiple calls to get a response. It almost seems like the less you paid the less you mattered. Unfortunately, the chair had only been installed for 30 days (used twice a day for 3 weeks) when it came time it was no longer needed. Much shorter than we had anticipated. When we reached back out the customer service it was not there. It took 2 days to contact the person who sold us the chair and nobody had even told him the reason. It took another 2 days to get a response back about buying the chair back. When that response came we were told $300. Apparently, these chairs are so cheap they depreciate at a rate of 85% within 30 days. This was no way acceptable.

This is where the corporate office comes into play. I reached out to them in NC, I was told the person who oversaw the Sacramento, CA would reach out to the franchise. Again, it took about 24 hrs. to get a response. The corporate office response was the franchise would not change their mind. I was told the corporate office had no control over how their franchisees ran their locally owned business.

So, in my opinion neither the corporate office nor the franchise in the Sacramento, CA area do not care about your family, they are not here to serve you in your time of need. They are simply here to make a PROFIT of the innocent in their time of need. If you ever find the need to purchase one of these stair chairs to get around the house you love, look for a different company first. If you must use 101 Mobility in the Sacramento, California area make sure you get everything in writing first before making a decision. I would get the purchase price, the buyback price and put in a guaranteed time to respond to calls for service in the agreement before purchasing. You may see the true colors of the person & company you are dealing with to avoid any issues in the future.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Easy ordering, questions answered and fast response. Immediate callbacks. Great installer! Worked neatly. Fast and thorough! Tested chair- explained to both my husband & I. Praised the company he works for.

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I contacted 101 Mobility on a Saturday morning and the salesman I spoke with was very helpful and professional. After helping me decide what I needed we made an appointment for installation on the following Tuesday. Installers showed up went right to work and were done in no time. I am so happy with my chair lift and services received. Wish I had done this months ago. Thank you 101 Mobility.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

1 star is too much. The owner will say anything to get your money deposit. He agrees to one thing when you sign and pay the deposit. Then later he doesn't follow through. When you call him on it he says he was never supposed to do it to begin with. Then he tells you if he does do anything he has an hourly rate. So far no work has begun and it has been 10 months since I paid for his service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Service was very good, tech was courtesy and took the time to ensure we were completely satisfied. We were told to call anytime addition service was needed. All our equipment was purchased from 101 and have always been happy with the equipment and follow up service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We live in the Keys, and tried for months to get to get someone to repair our stair lift. My husband is 83 and disabled. A friend of ours was determined to find a company that would help us. At last she found 101 Mobility. This company set a timely appointment, arrived when they said, fixed our stair lift at a reasonable cost. Technicians, Kind, Knowledgeable & Professional. Would definitely recommend 101 Mobility.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Company failed to refund a deposit for a VA Medicaid Recipient on a piece of equipment which was not ordered and agreed upon by 101 Mobility to not order until VA Medicaid Approval. 101 Mobility stated contract was signed and deposit of $5000.00 for benefit of 101 Mobility's time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We were desperate to find someone to repair my wife's stairlift. The company whom we purchased it went out of business and didn't even send out a notice which would have been nice. 101 has repaired our stairlift a few times and has always been top notch in every way. The last time, they ran into problems getting the part from their vendor. It left us without a stair lift for a few days. They moved mountains to get it up and running as soon as they could, even supplying us with back up batteries at no charge. When it was all said and done and many visits, they refused to charge us one penny at their considerable out-of-pocket expense. You rarely get service like that. The technicians were ALWAYS very calm and professional, even when I know that they must have been very frustrated, and it was very hot when they were here.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with 101 Mobility. They were extremely professional and went above and beyond to make sure the job was done right. The installation process can be a challenge, but they would not accept anything but perfection. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Anyone who has a family member that has a handicap know what I am saying. I called 3 service companies to have the chair lift fixed, one said it would be 7 days which was unacceptable because he needs to get upstairs for sleeping and to take a shower. 101 Mobility had the parts in stock and came out to fix it the same day. They arrived after working hours and repaired the lift in no time at all. I don't know how we could have made it without them. Thanks to Bev and her team.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Stair Lift partner.

101 Mobility author review by Shelley Webb

101 Mobility was founded in 2008 by two men who saw there were not a lot of options in their area for seniors and others with mobility issues. It has grown into a national franchise that serves most of the United States.

• They offer a wide variety of stairlifts from several different companies: Users may find this helpful in purchasing the stairlift that best meets their needs.

• Special features: They offer a model specifically for those persons who have arthritis.

• They offer an FAQ section: Users can find answers to frequently asked questions including pricing and possible funding for their purchase.

• Rentals are available: Users with temporary disabilities or other short-term needs can rent stairlifts from this company.

• They offer outdoor stairlifts: Users who need to go up steps to get into their home or who want to be able to easily navigate patio or deck stairs will be aided by this product.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

101 Mobility Company Information