Sylvania TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Sylvania TV Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

143 Sylvania TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2016

I purchased my Sylvania 32 inch flat screen about 8 years ago, and have had no problems whatsoever. The day after Christmas 2015 my house caught on fire, my TV was in the garage, that's where I was using it. The house was a total loss, but the attached garage didn't burn at all. The attic which covered the house and garage had a lot of furniture in it and everything up there burned. I was so upset because my TV was covered with a thick coating of sticky smoke and it was full of ashes and water. I drained out the water and plugged it in and turned it on. It was dead. I threw it out in the trash up by the street.

About 3 days later the trash men hadn't been there yet, so I decided to try plugging it in again to see if it would work, to my amazement it worked. The thick gooey smoke crap that covered the screen was almost impossible to remove. My son said "Let's try oven cleaner", so we did and it worked. This Sylvania TV has given me so many hours of entertainment. I have told this story to so many people and I stand behind Sylvania 100%. After reading these other reviews, I feel very fortunate that I happened to get a good one. Thank you Sylvania.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I bought 2 Sylvania 32 in. TV's for the bedrooms. The first was turned on about 3 times then it just went out and never came back on. The other one I have had for about three years, the same thing, it just went off and never came back on. I'll never buy another Sylvania. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

My Sylvania TV goes up to 100 or down to 0 even if the batteries are removed from the remote control. This is very upsetting specially after coming home from work and wanting to relax by watching TV. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I purchase the Sylvania flat screen TV. After 2 months it stopped working. When it is turned on it show a red screen then a green screen and shuts off. I had a warranty but Sylvania didn't honor it. They wanted me to pay shipping, repair costs, then shipping to get it back. I refuse to put any more money in it. I will never buy another Sylvania.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

Apparently numerous consumers have complaints regarding those volume control and nothing is being done to remedy the situation. Off and on for two months I have experienced volume control difficulty. The information in the manual is no help and I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Sylvania customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvania TV?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a DVD player, but I knew that when I purchased it. The speakers are actually pretty good compared to the last TV I had. It was a different brand and lasted less than a year. It also has a border around the picture which makes the size smaller than you would think. You have a 19-inch set but 3 inches of border around the picture.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

32 in Sylvania Dolby, which is PC ready, HDTV -- have owned it for seven years. Capable of closed caption which I use ALL the time. English/Spanish enabled. Picture size adjustable, and I often use the cinema mode. All in all, I have been very happy with this TV.

Original review: July 11, 2015

Whether my tv is on or off it makes clicking noises. Since it's an older tv it's not under warranty.

Original review: July 1, 2015

Flat screen 42-inch tv. 2 black lines in the middle of tv. The lines were a inch long now. They are all the way to the top of my TV. Can you tell me what causes it and if so how do I fix it and how much? Thank you.

Original review: June 24, 2015

There is a problem with interference affecting volume/Menu on my Sylvania 19" special edition TV. I don't know if this is local or common field 'but' it is not coming from my remote because the batteries were out of the remotes. (I think external damages/Effects should be a crime.)

Sylvania TV Company Information