Sylvania TV Reviews

Sylvania TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.92/5

Sylvania TV Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

In June 2009, I purchased a 19 inch Sylvania LC195SLX television from a Target store in Northern California. Within the first week, vertical blue lines appeared on the screen. Sylvania instructed me on how to return the tv, and they sent me a replacement of the same model. In August 2010 I put this tv in storage and moved to South Dakota.

In October 2010, I purchased a Sylvania LD190SS1 DVD combo 19-inch from a Sears store in Sioux Falls, SD. Exactly 3 years later (October 2013), this second television stopped working. The screen would rotate between solid red and solid blue. I removed the first Sylvania tv from storage in September 2014. Now (August 2016), this first tv is starting to fail exactly the same way as the second Sylvania tv. The screen briefly changes to a solid blue screen and then back to the regular picture.

Do not spend any money getting Sylvania televisions repaired! I paid for repairs on the second tv (one purchased in South Dakota). The repairperson was authorized and had over 50 years experience in tv repair. Within 30 days, the repaired tv failed again! Three strikes and I'm out. I will never purchase another Sylvania television. My experience has been that they fail after 3 years! Every other television that I purchased lasted over 10 years.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I purchased my Sylvania 32 inch flat screen about 8 years ago, and have had no problems whatsoever. The day after Christmas 2015 my house caught on fire, my TV was in the garage, that's where I was using it. The house was a total loss, but the attached garage didn't burn at all. The attic which covered the house and garage had a lot of furniture in it and everything up there burned. I was so upset because my TV was covered with a thick coating of sticky smoke and it was full of ashes and water. I drained out the water and plugged it in and turned it on. It was dead. I threw it out in the trash up by the street.

About 3 days later the trash men hadn't been there yet, so I decided to try plugging it in again to see if it would work, to my amazement it worked. The thick gooey smoke crap that covered the screen was almost impossible to remove. My son said "Let's try oven cleaner", so we did and it worked. This Sylvania TV has given me so many hours of entertainment. I have told this story to so many people and I stand behind Sylvania 100%. After reading these other reviews, I feel very fortunate that I happened to get a good one. Thank you Sylvania.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I bought 2 Sylvania 32 in. TV's for the bedrooms. The first was turned on about 3 times then it just went out and never came back on. The other one I have had for about three years, the same thing, it just went off and never came back on. I'll never buy another Sylvania. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

My Sylvania TV goes up to 100 or down to 0 even if the batteries are removed from the remote control. This is very upsetting specially after coming home from work and wanting to relax by watching TV. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I purchase the Sylvania flat screen TV. After 2 months it stopped working. When it is turned on it show a red screen then a green screen and shuts off. I had a warranty but Sylvania didn't honor it. They wanted me to pay shipping, repair costs, then shipping to get it back. I refuse to put any more money in it. I will never buy another Sylvania.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvania TV?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

Apparently numerous consumers have complaints regarding those volume control and nothing is being done to remedy the situation. Off and on for two months I have experienced volume control difficulty. The information in the manual is no help and I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Sylvania customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a DVD player, but I knew that when I purchased it. The speakers are actually pretty good compared to the last TV I had. It was a different brand and lasted less than a year. It also has a border around the picture which makes the size smaller than you would think. You have a 19-inch set but 3 inches of border around the picture.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

32 in Sylvania Dolby, which is PC ready, HDTV -- have owned it for seven years. Capable of closed caption which I use ALL the time. English/Spanish enabled. Picture size adjustable, and I often use the cinema mode. All in all, I have been very happy with this TV.

Original review: July 11, 2015

Whether my tv is on or off it makes clicking noises. Since it's an older tv it's not under warranty.

Original review: July 1, 2015

Flat screen 42-inch tv. 2 black lines in the middle of tv. The lines were a inch long now. They are all the way to the top of my TV. Can you tell me what causes it and if so how do I fix it and how much? Thank you.

Sylvania TV Company Information