1.01/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

182 Netgear Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Purchased a Netgear AC3000 Tri-Band Router 6 months ago. Worked fine until two weeks ago. Now I have to shut it off and re-boot it at least every 1-2 days to get Internet access. When I called support they told me tech support was good for 90 days and if I wanted support it would cost $49. It doesn't say it on the box but it does state it in a pamphlet inside the box. How clever of them! If I would have seen the 90 day support limitation on a product they truly have confidence in, not! I would not have purchased it. It does come with a one year hardware warranty though. The tech informed me that hardware warranty applies if some or all the lights don't come on. Laughable of course but my problem. Will just return it to Costco and never purchase another Netgear product again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Was sent a replacement product, and Netgear never sent the return FedEx label or box to send it back in. Have called them every day, and their agent said, "I talked to my supervisor, and you should be getting a email in 4-5 hours, from my supervisor". So I said I need the FedEx return label and shipping container to return defective product. She (agent) said I would get one in the mail. 3 days gone by and nothing. I even paid for FedEx up front, and they (NetGear) are still dragging their feet. I would hope someone at NetGear can be responsible and send me what they said they would do... and that is the return FedEx shipping label and container to send defective product back.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

Couldn't understand the Netgear Customer service person. He was unable to solve the problem and transferred me to another technician. First issue is I cannot get the Netgear Genie off of my MacBook Pro screen. It locks up my computer forcing me to force quit all the time. I've been on phone-hold for 36 minutes now and still no help. Router R6400, at 2.4 Hrz, runs at best at half speed (30 Mbps). My Comcast speed is 60 Mbps. My Comcast Router set at 2.4 Mhz runs at about 60 Mbps. The Netgear router reach throughout the home is no better than the Comcast router. I think this is good enough reason to return my equipment for another product.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Netgear has great products, but their phone support is non-existent. If they ever fall out of the marketplace, it's their phone support to blame. Just getting to the right department is difficult. The hold time is extremely long. Then when you finally reach a human, they don't listen. I've tried twice for different product support, and both times ended up getting transferred to the wrong department after being on the phone for 45 minutes. I give up!

Original review: July 3, 2018

The Arlo pro cameras was advertised to keep you safe while away from home also while you sleep but that is not true. Actually I have woken up numerous times with all cameras off. Go out my front/back door and the camera don't record and I just walked passed it, with trash in my yard or something suspicious around the thing on my property. When you call for troubleshooting helpline the rep will tell you how to fix one camera but don't tell you, you need to repeat this step for all cameras. They will lie and say they're going to send you a replacement camera. Ask you for your credit card information to pay for shipping but never send replacement. The next day I started receiving calls about being selected to receiving a government grant for $9,200 sum dollars but I will need to go to Dollar General, Walgreen or Walmart to purchase a $400 stream card then call them at this number 3153321264 and give ID 7060 in order to receive the $9,200 grant.

This started one day after giving Arlo reps my credit card number. After speaking with supervisor I was advised that I was not the only customer waiting so I took that to mean they are taking customers credit card information knowing full well they are not going to send a replacement camera. After waiting on hold and talking to rep going through troubleshooting steps and this is what you get, Netgear is aware of this I've called left message, they change their number to customer service so you can't leave message.

It is my belief that some of Netgear reps are manipulating the cameras without customers permission causing them to shut down go offline and stop record so customers will call thinking their cameras are broken when the cameras are intentional and maliciously set to stop recording while base station signal all cameras or online and working properly until you check your library then you see your cameras had record for hours only to collect customer credit card info. I have been filled with nothing but stress and anxiety dealing with Netgear/Arlo not knowing when and if the cameras will start and stop recording causing me to worry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have 5 cameras and a base station of Netgear VueZone equipment. The first year I could access my cameras by iPhone and then when iPhone upgraded to IOS 11 Netgear quit supporting VueZone. Okay, so I paid $49.95 for a year of cloud storage for my cameras and it no longer works either. So I have bought all this Netgear equipment, had it all working just as advertised and then Netgear quit supporting it and expects me to buy their newer model security system. I don't think so. I would recommend people stay away from Netgear because they don't support their sales.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We’ve had the Orbi wireless router system for less than a month and it has consistently stopped working and when it does decide to work has very slow internet speeds and has proven to be useless. Finally decided to call customer service which I am currently on the phone with and have been on hold for an hour and a half. Called on a different phone to be told that it would cost 69$ to receive help or hang up (I hung up). With that being said I will be buying a new router that’s not a product of Netgear and will NEVER buy one of their products in the future.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Bought Netgear router. Had to replace my computer. Getting everything ready and Netgear says it needs my PIN or security key. I call Netgear and get someone that can barely speak English. So hard to understand. All I want is my pin #. He explains why this won’t work because my network won’t work and if I send them $99 for the first year they can fix it. I am now trying to get off the phone (tell him I need to think about it). Not 2 minutes later another one calls to make sure that I don’t miss out on this deal. His English was worst than the first. Company is horrible.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I bought the X6 and send it back within 3 days had nothing but problems with it. Then I decided I would try the upgrade and bought the X8. It work 3 days shut off. I called Netgear. They said, "You have to send it back. There's nothing we can do. It's broken." So now I bought the x10 which cost $400. It work 3 days and I had spent an hour on the phone. Netgear fix it. Then it works for an hour and first thing this morning it's not working again and I've been on the phone for an hour waiting to get through the Netgear again to try to fix it. $400 for total piece of crap that doesn't work. Buyers beware. Do not buy any Netgear products.

Original review: June 1, 2018

After having my 4 Arlo cameras for over 2 1/2 years they started to act strange, so I called tech support. I was told I had a security problem, they blocked my account, and wants $249 to "fix" the problem. 3 cameras were working fine before the call, now nothing works, and they won't turn it on until I give them money. Shame on Best Buy, Sam’s and Walmart for allowing these crooks to steal from their customers.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Terrible scam on the support line out of India. Totally Indian and nothing to do with USA. They just wanted to sell me a product warranty and I paid over $80 for no help. Then after I complained and they made we wait 98 minutes on hold and speak to 5 levels of management promised a refund of the 80 bucks but then only refunded 40 on my credit card. 100% scam. I called my congressman and filed an Attorney General report. DON'T BUY NETGEAR EVER!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Last week, my Netgear router started sending me bizarre error messages and I was unable to access the internet. I called Netgear customer support and was told since I had purchased my router more than a year earlier I would have to pay a fee for their help. I was disgusted and bought a new router from a another company. Two days later, I read in the news that a virus had infected 500,000 servers nationwide --- and my Netgear router was one of them. If they have they are having a widespread and persistent problem with their machines, wouldn't you think they would come up with a better strategy than: "Pay up if you want our help?"

Original review: May 25, 2018

I received a BRAND NEW C6300 router as a GIFT about 2 months ago. I took the plastic off of the box and everything. As a single mother on a tight budget, it was an amazing gift. It was working great until I got home last night and my Alexa couldn't connect to the network. Facebook worked. Netflix did not. Google worked. Any site that could possibly contain an answer did not. My Xfinity app worked. Their forum sites did not. It was RIDICULOUS. So, after spending about 45 minutes on the phone with Xfinity after 9 pm and with two toddlers, they suggested I call Netgear because it obviously wasn't a problem on their end. Call Netgear. Get a guy that can barely speak the English language yet has major superiority complex. He gets ALL of my information - name, address, phone number, router serial number - finds my router, and then asks when I bought it.

I explained it was a NIB gift that I had just received two months ago. He tells me that the router was made in November of 2016 and that, without proof of date of purchase, my warranty has expired. He goes on to tell me that the router needs to be reconfigured ON THEIR END and that the only way they'll do it is for me to pay them for a warranty. So, basically, the only way to fix this is on their end? Kind of like how it could have been messed up in the first place is ON THEIR END. How convenient that it just takes someone logging into their computer at Netgear and potentially sending a signal to random routers that partially disables them and requires payment to fix? I will NEVER buy another Netgear product again. I've already started warning my family, friends, and my co-workers.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My internet service went down on Sunday 5/20/2018. I called Comcast Cable and they ensured that my service should be working. They ran a test and said that they were making connection with my modem. They suggested the problem was with my Netgear router, and even gave me their contact phone number immediately. Desperate to have service, I called Netgear. The lady that answered the call was very nice and polite, and very reassuring that she could fix my service without having to replace my expensive router. This call went on for approximately 1 hour and required me to allow remote access. She told me she could fix the problem, but since I didn't have a one year service contract it would be a cost of $139.99. She never offered a one time service charge or a 6 month service charge, only a 1 yr subscription fee of $139.99.

I watched the screens they accessed, which was nothing difficult. Input username/ password, pinged computer 10 times then 100 times, and then service was restored. Today when I read the service contract I saw where I could have opted for a one time fee of $50, or a 6 month contract of $88, or a one year contract of $139.99, or a two year contract for I believe $199. I also noticed 10 days to cancel the one year agreement, so I immediately called to cancel. I spoke to a male named Sasha (888) 615-3488. He kept me on the phone for 16-25 minutes just trying to cancel the service. Told me his supervisor was on another call and he was only one with authority to cancel. He then tried to resell the benefits of the service and I declined for third or fourth time. He final said he would have a supervisor call me back within 1 hour. We will see if that happens.

This whole thing is a tremendous scam! I hope for a class action lawsuit against this company, and will spread the word to all friends and family not to purchase their products unless they are prepared to pay for annual or extended service contracts. I would not be surprised to see if Comcast is associated with them, since they readily gave me their contact number, and I'm sure Comcast is upset they are no longer getting my monthly subscription for their modem/ router. Which is another scam.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk 1900 from Best Buy in Poughkeepsie, NY. I owned the Netgear router for about four months and then KaBoom! Everything went to hell; I called customer service and they wanted $50 for a diagnosis. If they determined the problem was software related, I’d pay a fee; if the issue was hardware related, then I pay nothing and they’d replace the Nighthawk for free. Interestingly enough, the customer service agent (who I had a hard time understanding because of her thick accent) said the Netgear Nighthawk comes with a (1) year warranty - but that’s not exactly true...is it. Buyer beware. The reviews are true.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I called about a problem with my wireless router from Netgear. Netgear customer service had been on the phone for at least an hour. After going through many different things they told me my router was working well and to complete the service I needed to pay them $139 for the year or I had another option of paying over $200 for two years but they had to finish the service on their end and they would only do that if I paid for the service. I have had this unit this rack wireless router for nine months. I paid almost $200 for this wireless router. I will never buy a Netgear again. I’m hoping somebody sues them and I will join it as a class action lawsuit. I hope a lot of people read this and never buy next year.

Original review: May 14, 2018

After purchasing a set of four (4) Arlo Wireless Cameras, I attempted to install them with measured success. Due to my purchase being to monitor my second home nearly 1200 miles away, I relied on them heavily to view my investment. I spent months of time researching my options regarding “Wireless Camera Systems” in several large stores as well as on the internet. After being a longtime consumer of Netgear Routers and having great success, I assumed they were reputable; however, I noticed that they had no United States based support for any of their products which was alarming. The Tech Support that is the only one available is based in the Philippines. I tried at least a dozen times to address issues with the support team but they weren’t too successful. After my being persistent I was able to get some level of satisfaction.

I decided to extend my camera coverage with the Arlo Pro version of the camera selection that included a audio feature that allows the user to communicate with someone being observed on the camera. It was a great concept until Netgear refused to upgrade their software to accommodate the new iOS by Apple. I first noticed that the audio portion wasn’t working after being ignored by my neighbor who was at my door one day. After asking him why he had ignored me, he claimed that he never heard a word I spoke over the camera.

I had to fly 1200 miles and two and a half hours on a jet flight to test the camera which in fact wasn’t working. After calling the Arlo Netgear Support phone number, I was advised that they would be coming out with a patch for the program soon. It is now three months later and they haven’t done anything which renders my camera useless to me. Eight hundred dollars later and their Cloud program also being found to be questionable, the company couldn’t care less about the problem. Recently I have been contacting several stores that sell their products with requests that they review their agreements with Netgear; however, there is little interest in customer respect available.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have had a WNR2000v4 N300 router from Netgear that I have had for about 2 years now. My internet has begun running extremely slow and so I began looking for solutions. There was a firmware update for my router which says it would multiple issues including slowing internet over time. I tried to install multiple times and kept getting an error saying that the firmware file was incorrect. I called and spoke to someone who ran me through the same things that I had tried previously with the same end result. He had me completely reset my router which helped the speed for the time being. He said he fixed the speed and to not worry about the firmware update.

He had no idea why the firmware update was not working. It seems this issue with the firmware update is common on the Netgear routers from what I have seen online, but nobody has a solution including Netgear themself. He said because my technical support contract was beyond the date that he would not be able to help me again without me paying. Within a few minutes of getting off the phone my internet speeds were back to where they were before I called. I'm stuck with a router that does not work and no support from the Netgear unless I want to pay to have them attempt to fix the issue. It would be cheaper to just buy a new router from another company and not have to pay Netgear for service that I expect to be the same as it was before I paid.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased 5 Arlo Pro last fall. In February, one quit working, I called Netgear and the guy put it through some tests and said it was faulty and they would send me a new one. Not ONCE did he tell me to return the bad one, so I tossed it in a trash can. I repeated called Netgear as to where my new camera was, they said I had to return the old one first. I could not remember where it was or even it had gone out in the trash pickup. They were not kind or helpful, all they said was I had to return the old. I asked if I could not find it what then, they replied I could not get a new one. This was less than 6 months after purchase. I started getting emails of at least 3 a week telling me to return the broken camera. If I did not they were closing the case. I would call and get the same response, almost like they were reading it. This went on until about 3 weeks ago (constant emails from Netgear, no budging at all).

I was emptying trash cans around my house and I found it in one I do not normally use because it is a guest bedroom. I sent it to them, I had to pay for overnight shipping, but they got it and sent me a new one after 3 months. I will NEVER purchase a product from Netgear again nor recommend them to others. Their customer service people were obstinate, rude, stubborn and not willing to help me at all. I would advise anyone to look at other similar products before Netgear.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Best Buy recommended I buy a Netgear router and modem. When I couldn't set it up correctly, and Comcast exhausted all ideas except to give me Netgear's number, I ended up spending over two hours on the phone with a tech to get Internet up and running. The Internet connection was intermittent, and I called the next day to get that corrected. Today I called with a new problem and was advised to get a two-year contract, to which I stupidly agreed. I then read the uniformly negative reviews of Netgear's service, or lack thereof, and called the number to cancel subscriptions (888-615-3488), not one of the tech advice numbers. Whereas before I quickly got a tech, I waited 40 minutes before talking to a woman who wanted to know why I wanted to cancel and then said she didn't have authority to cancel and would put me on hold while fetching her supervisor.

Fifteen minutes later she came back to say the supervisor was in a meeting and would call me back, which he did an hour and a half later. After talking to him for a few minutes, he said he'd have to arrange a conference call with someone who had the authority to cancel subscriptions. After ten minutes I talked to another woman who finally said she would refund my money. Naturally, everyone I talked to tried to convince me I was making a big mistake by canceling. I will notify my credit card company if I don't get a chargeback in two working days. Having read the reviews of others, I am in full agreement that service is merely a scam to get people to buy service contracts. Why Best Buy would recommend Netgear is beyond me.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Netgear is absolutely the WORST SERVICE ON EARTH. If you buy a Netgear router, be sure to understand that their support is only good for 90 days. If you need support after that, no matter what, you are better off buying a new router and a different brand. I reluctantly got SCAMMED into buying their support service in order to verify that my router was even working! I went with the 1 year plan for $140 cost because they said they support so many other devices in my home if they connect to the router. If you get sucked into this "service" be sure to understand that you have 10 days to get a refund. They don't tell you this until you want a refund after you get a taste of the incompetent support.

I called for service and I spent about 12 hours over 3 days of calls and the tech ended up telling me to just give the problem a few days to see if it worked itself out. If not, I was to call back again. Is there anyone gullible enough to believe a tech problem with a router or computer just resolve themselves? On the 11th day after my purchase I was so disgusted, I called to see what they would do about a refund. I was informed that I had surpassed 10 days and could no longer have a refund. I pursued this through every level of customer support and complaint that I could find, including a dispute through my credit card company. Netgear denied every effort I made. My experience has been shared numerous times with this company and I've yet to have an apology or refund in full, or partial. So I've paid for one year of service that I will not use for 11 1/5 months.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchased a $199 combo router/modem July of 2017 because I needed more power for wireless and Netgear was rated well. Due to spring winds on Friday, my TV lost internet WiFi connection. CenturyLink changed my modem thinking that was the problem (it was something else). Because I had a Netgear modem they were unable to provide me with the set up to REUSE my working modem so I have to Go online to get reconnected with NETGEAR. Here is where all crap hit the fan. I search for customer support online but there is NO 1800 number. I finally get one from Best Buy, because their Geek Squad can't help me with a product EVEN THOUGH I paid extra to get help if I need it in the next 2 years.

I reach NETGEAR customer support and speak to a woman named Rimmi, she didn't have an American accent. I explain the situation, let her know that I have hooked up the modem again, am searching for Netgear on the Wireless Network providers but am unable to locate my current router/modem (it's a 2 in 1). She instructs me to unplug the modem and plug my router into the laptop. She has The model # of my product but doesn't catch that it's a modem/router... I explain to her that I have a combination 2 in 1 modem/router. She yells at me saying "Why do you keep talking about your modem? I'm talking about your router! Listen to me!" Then she catches on that I have a dual system... And states she will need to send me to technical support for a one time fee of $99.00.

Keep in mind I'm just asking to reset the modem so that it can picked up the wireless on my technology. I say, "No Thank you." She says "Our tech team can't help you unless you pay the $99.00." Rimmi had given me an 800 Number to contact so I hung up with her after I had asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to get her supervisor. I contact the 800 number and app always with Harry, who gives me the same runaround the RIMMI had done. He didn't see anything wrong with my router and was going to need to call me back in 30 minutes. That was three hours ago.I phoned CenturyLink, they reset me up with their router... And Netgear has yet to contact me. Stay away from NETGEAR.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My router in warranty, call to Netgear devolved into a two hour wait, disingenuous sympathy for our router breakdown, Netgear's refusal to help as my 90 days of phone support had expired, a bait and switch to use a vendor (likely Netgear) $40 for any issue, including avoiding any answer to our question about why the online software updates for our router did not work! They win the award this week for Corporate Greed In Tech Sector -What Customer Torture! Everything they advertise online is fake - Netgear's personnel are trained to ignore "the question" - a brilliant passive-aggressive karate move written into the "playbook" to keep customers on hold over thirty minutes and then dead end the call.

When I learned that my 80-year-old mom was reduced to tears trying to muster the patience to solve this simple 10-second router issue - to get back online with the grandkids - I explained to her how it is a scam I progress. She had credit card at the ready if only to get back to the kiddies! If you have an elderly parent with a computer write to AARP to ask they conduct survey of such scams from reputable tech companies. Seniors around the country, now entirely dependent on tablets and cells to keep up familial relations, are intimidated to pay for service under warranty. An Action such as an email would help seniors enormously feel safe.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I wanted to find the IP Address for my modem, as my router wasn't assigning it an IP. I called expecting a simple response, but all I got was them trying to force me into a ridiculously priced service package. Given what I paid for the device, I shouldn't have to pay almost the same amount as the device purchase for 6 months of support. I am fully capable of taking care of my devices, I just needed a simple answer. I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR **!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

AC1750 Wifi Modem & Router: Called support, explain my WiFi service wasn't working accordingly, rep asked multiple questions, next thing I know he created an Netgear acct without my consent. Told rep I purchase my modem about 3 months ago. Rep ask me a specific date if I bought it 3 months and 1 day from today. I said, "It could be, I don't know." Rep purposely ask me that question to get me out of the warranty. Went back thru my internet service provider and it looks like I purchase the modem under 3 months. All the rep wanted was to sell me a service I don't need.

Now he created an acct showing my modem is out of warranty. I can tell the rep was from overseas because of his strong accent. They use that to their advantage to mumble their tech ID so there won't be track of them. Very disappointed with Netgear. Can't believe that as a tech something like this would happen to me. I would always recommend Netgear product to my customers, because my previous 2 modems over the years worked perfectly fine. This feels like a kick to my stomach!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called NETGEAR about a router I purchased less than 90 days ago, they're telling me I bought it almost 9 months ago and want me to pay for support. I had to factory reset the router, and now it will not let me in with the factory settings of admin and password. It wants me to answer security questions I never picked. How could a factory reset even keep info like that. Lastly I don't have two brothers so that is just nuts. I would never pick questions about imaginary people's names. Technical support person from India is not helpful.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I paid $138.99 for this Nighthawk router. One day I found that I could not access the internet. I rebooted everything but no luck. My internet carrier said that it was my router. I called Netgear and the rep who was very hard to understand said not to worry, that he will help me. Over the course of an hour he instructed me through many series of seemingly simple remedies none of which changed the situation. All along the rep was assuring me that I should not worry, that he is 100% confident that he will be able to help me. He never mentioned any cost. I thought it was free just like any other product tech support. It sounded like he already knew what would fix it but he needed to build up some suspense and later appreciation on my part. He needed to have me invested (one whole hour) to legitimize, if only in my own mind, a charge. This is a well known sales strategy. To wear your customer down. To trap them. To hold them hostage and then charge them ransom.

Car dealers used to do this by asking for your license and or your car keys if they can get them so they can trap you, and then they intentionally draw out the sales process to wear you down. Finally, my Netgear rep said he would fix my problem but he had to take control of my computer. I watched his movements and none of it was very technical. And then came the hammer. He said he could fix it but there would be a charge. He gave many different subscription payment options. Or I could pay $50.00 for this one time fix. It was hard to say no after an hour. I said yes and subsequently went on-line to see that all I had to do was re-enter the Netgear network password (written on the bottom of my router) back into my computer settings. It would have taken all of 30 seconds to fix.

It would seem to me that the Netgear tech support business model is predatory in its design, taking people's time, money, and dignity. My action will be to contact my local board of chosen freeholders and determine which director is in charge of Consumer Affairs. I will file a complaint which will prompt an investigation. Enough of these and the company will have to take notice. We might even find that Netgear is intentionally sending out Ransomware and waiting for the calls to come in. This could be the beginning of the end for Netgear!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Just bought extender, read instructions to set up, called CS for a couple questions then was lead into college course explaining about how a Firewall works. After 30 minutes it become clear he was not helping me but rather selling me. Had me going, then arguing that I needed a 1yr, 3yr or a lifetime subscription of help. He said he couldn't help because of Firewall not setup correctly and in order to get work, I needed a key code. Then explained that in order to start and drive my car I needed the keys to start it up and he was holding the keys. Oh man, I was not happy and after being degraded and belittled, I said this conversation is over. So almost an hour of BS, I am back where I started, an extender and no keys to the car. Worthless, a bunch of BS I've ever heard or apart of. There is more but too lengthy. Wake up Netgear. Old school sales approach doesn't work and especially from a non American bad English speaking person.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I purchased a modem with the brand Netgear. I noticed that my internet was not working and I called my internet service and they referred me to the company who I had the modem with. At this time I'm upset because I assumed my internet could connect me after giving me an option to go with their modem or provide your own. I did provide my own modem through Netgear and what a ripoff. I was unaware that after 90 days I was no longer eligible to troubleshoot my internet that was tied in with my modem without paying a high fee. I only called Netgear like 3 times referred from my internet services and never was told it was a charge from the Microsoft store where I purchased it or nothing. I spent almost 200.00 dollars on this modem. I'm on the phone.

What I'm thinking they are troubleshooting with them what I felt like they were enabling my computer and taking all my personal information and the representative confirming as I click here and there on these unfamiliar areas on my computer for the Netgear rep to tell me, "Sorry ma'am. We are unable to help you" in a fast persuasive voice. "You need to pay 89.00 or 100 in order for your internet to work! Now ma'am! Which one do you want ma'am so we can continue? Okay! Ma'am I will continue which one do you want because your services will not work without a payment. So, ma'am OKAY? Are you ready ma'am." I said, "No! I'm not ready," and never was ready to pay an additional fee for a warranty package I was told. I said this is a ripoff/ after being transferred about several times trying to talk to someone. Not to mention hanged up.

I barely even had my modem. It's freaking brand new after spending almost 200.00. Now I can't even look on the internet at all because Netgear has hack my computer and I'm afraid they have all my personal information. I want my money back. I would NEVER EVER refer anyone or purchased from Netgear again. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have internet connectivity issues and Netgear is holding me hostage. They wont allow me to get on the web until I give them $140 per year for technical support from the manufacture. What gets me is that we have already determined that it's not even the Netgear hardware. They want to charge me to reconfigure the network settings. What a rip. The support person said that even if I go and buy a new modem and router the problem will still persist. This is after I have them tons of pertinent information about me and 45 minutes of my time. If they are serious and a new device won't work, then that means these guys are hacking me.

Netgear Company Information