Netgear

Netgear

3.8/5 (550 ratings)

About Netgear

Netgear Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netgear?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Had some work done in local area which screwed up internet for everyone. Something happened to my router which required a reset. Something wasn't right so I called Netgear. Since I didn't buy the router in last 90 days they charged me 89.99 for a 6-month tech support membership so they could do a factory reset which took 5 minutes. Work from home so I didn't have a choice.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Could not log onto my router's admin settings with the ** IP address so I called them to see if the router was faulty. A guy named James “helped” me and you could tell on the phone he didn't care about me or his job. Since it was past warranty they going to set up a payment plan to fix their product that has stopped working which is ridiculous. Wanted my personal details as well for creating an account with them which made no sense (guess they wanted to spam my inbox with useless promos).

I've never dealt with such an atrocious customer service dept before and such a greedy company that they wanted $100 from me for them to help me. The router is also $400 and not what I expected from such a big company. Seems like nobody is buying their defective products so they want to milk out as much as they can with customer care. Everyone should avoid this garbage company and look into better alternatives. Don't give them your hard-earned money because they don't care about you at all and to them you are just a walking pile of money for them to capitalize on.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I own NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Router, R6700. I experienced connectivity issues. Called their support team for help. Had to buy a service contract to get help. Router still doesn’t not work. Netgear won’t return my money for the service contract.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Bought a Wifi Range Extender that broke on Day 3 of owning it! When I tried to get ahold of the company, I was left on hold for hours or just hung-up on. Never got in contact with customer service, so I was forced to return and take business elsewhere. Waste of a week!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I own a Netgear Nighthawk XR500 and it has been a nightmare to have the router work without dropping the internet. I have tried the troubleshooting. Doesn't work. I have tried the support team. Doesn't work. Every thing in the book doesn't seem to work so I replaced it 3 times and the problem persist. The modem is from Netgear (CM1000) high end which works perfectly but for some odd reason Netgear and Duma OS are pointing fingers at each other for a simple mistake. DO NOT purchase these gaming products that is associated with NetDuma. I will be investing into Asus Rog gaming router and keep the Netgear Nighthawk modem for now. Hopefully you will find this review as a headache savior particular the gaming community.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Bought a C6220 in November of 2021. It died in July of 2022. Tried to make use of the 1 year hardware warranty. I've never seen a company work harder to keep people from making warranty claims. Avoid.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Two years ago 2020, I purchased Netgear Mesh 3 unit kit from Amazon. From first day I had issues with installation etc. It came with 90 Day access to tech support which I used. After only a year of intermittently working, I encountered frequent service interruptions and in 4/2022 I had no choice but to pay another 120 for tech support with a promise that after three calls for Same problem they will replace unit. After 3 months of calling almost every other day, they gave every story on their book which also included blaming Amazon seller to sell 3 unit kit which was supposedly separate units! And what they call RMA (replacement) never happened. Despite multiple requests to talk to a supervisor, no one called back. They all seem to be working from out of country in India somewhere.

Bottom line there is no customer service (check!) and the number online for Netgear connects you to tech support same people. All I can say NETGEAR IS A SCAM. Finally I called Amazon and gave them the story really just to tell express my agony. With ONE call after 2 years of purchase, they realized my frustration of paying over $500 for piece of junk.. They escalated the problem and that same day I got email getting full refund plus protection plan of $76 Unbelievable…. Today I called Netgear to at least get remainder of 10 Months I didn’t use the service contract and got the same runaround. I’m buying Eero since it’s endorsed by Amazon and throwing away every Netgear item I have purchased. Buyer beware !!! If you want your sanity DO NOT BUY Netgear products. They are nothing but fraud… especially if you encounter issues with their products.

Original review: June 18, 2022

My gateway purchased May, 2021 worked seamlessly for 10 months and then just went into freefall. The device, a c7000v2, began dropping the internet service randomly, 4 or 5 times a day. This happened for a month, and after calling my ISP, I called Netgear. Their customer service is a joke. I spoke to a total of 6 techs on 4 service cases over the course of 5 weeks. I gave them $90 the second time I called for some kind of express service (??), and I have never seen any benefit for that expense. Do not purchase Netgear products unless you want to replace them every 10 to 12 months.

Original review: June 10, 2022

They have very hidden policies regarding subscription policies and give little to no customer service. They are particularly deceitful on the Arlo product subscriptions. It appears for a while that it is not necessary, and then the products stops working correctly. I won't fall into their trap again.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I bought a Nighthawk router ($500). Little did I know they only offer free customer support for the first 90 days, of course sometime around month two it stops working out of the blue, they had me change an IP address and they had no clue why it went wrong and waived the $90 fee. I recently moved and now it’s not working again, support says it’s because I moved and IP address needs to be fixed again, but they won’t tell me what to change it to until I pay the $90 fee for 6 months of support. I have never heard of a coming making customers pay a minimum of $90 to fix their own products. The customer service rep was so combative and basically told me if I don’t want to pay $90 then I should remember what the IP address is. This company is a scam, I paid $500 for a product that has stopped working twice and need to pay a fee for help to get it working again, if that’s not a scam I don’t know what is.

Netgear Company Information