Netgear

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called in to cancel a subscription for the Arlo camera system iCloud that I have never used. In fact have written off my 400.00 dollar Arlo cameras as being crap. Trying to cancel the subscription to their cloud at 14.99 has been all but impossible. When the lady in customer service transfers me to the secondary person in charge of canceling subscriptions they reply in a foreign language and when asked for someone that speaks English they sit silently without doing anything. They mumble and avoid direct conversation as quietly as they can.

Purchased two NetGear X8 R8500 Routers. Both Routers failed almost two days after plugging them in the wall sockets. The power light remained amber and the routers will boot. Both units sent back to NetGear and replaced with new ones. Same problem occurred. Both routers are on their way back to NetGear. They seem to have problem with these routers but are not telling the customers.

The support № wasn't even on their website, I had to search for it online. Then, I am told that you only get 90 days of tech support! But, the № said, you could connect to their premium line and get support either IF it is a hardware issue, or IF you pay them a lot. Thinking it might be a hardware issue I connected. The lady was nice at first, and told me it was not a hardware issue, but then kept giving me advice on fixing it. I simply thought she was being nice and that they were less strict on their rules than they had made themselves out to be.

Then she started asking how I wanted to pay, in order for us to move forward, at which point I said I was done and would figure the rest out on my own. This was when she started yelling at me, that it was a premium line I had connected to and that I had to pay. Now, I would have hung up, but since I already had seen that she had my name and email, and that she had the ability to restart my router, I was a bit worried about what might happen if I hung up. Eventually she let me go without paying the $200 fee to receive support.

I had a bad experience yesterday with Netgear customer support. I was trying to replace a rented Comcast cable modem with an Arris cable modem that I purchased. The Arris cable modem did not work with my Netgear wireless router, so I called Netgear for support. After a lengthy discussion involving all sorts of information about the problem, the Netgear support person (who had a strong Indian accent) said she could fix the problem by remotely changing configuration settings in the Netgear router. But because the Netgear router was out of warranty, I would have to purchase a service contract of $140 for one year or $230 for two years.

She said that I could not go back to using the Comcast cable modem because I had already connected the Arris cable modem to the Netgear router, which automatically changed some of the configuration settings, so I would need to have Netgear change the rest of the settings to make the wireless Internet connections work. I told her that I was not interested in paying $140 or $230 and would go back to using the Comcast cable modem. She would not stop talking about how that was not possible, so I had to hang up on her. Her statements about being stuck in the middle and needing to have Netgear change configuration settings were simply LIES to get me to purchase a service contract. I reconnected the Comcast cable modem, and it works just fine. The level of DESPERATION and LIES that I experienced from Netgear customer support were astonishing.

I bought a Netgear router 2 years ago. It was supposed to be a good brand that would last 3 to 5 years. It's year two and there is a problem with the router. I called Netgear, waited 30 min. to talk to a representative and after they insisted on asking a bunch of info, another 30 min. They finally told me their high end router that should last years only has a 90 service warranty and I would have to pay, a lot, to use their service dept. All the router needed is a software update and they won't do it. Wow, spend big money on their product and cannot even get a software update. They want to charge you big $$ for a simple update. Buyer BEWARE! Netgear is not worth it. I called Comcast and they are coming tomorrow to install their router with "free" updates/service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

If you're looking for a fast and reliable wi-fi experience, then Netgear is definitely not for you. This week, I had an issue with the Netgear router. It was slow and sometimes crashed for no apparent reason. We called their tech support and they said that they could repair it and offer a one-year warranty for a ridiculous fee. They don't even offer any troubleshooting tips and we couldn't search how to troubleshoot because of the damned wi-fi.

I called my cable provider as I was getting poor network, they sent me to Netgear as it was a router problem. Netgear would not help me unless I paid them a large amount of money. I explained that I did not buy my router. It was something my cable company put in but they still insisted that I pay for help. To top it all off I told the customer service person I could not understand what they were telling me due to their accent and asked a # of times for a new support person I could understand and they would not transfer me to one, be just sat on the lone breathing onto the phone, when asked he would just start talking again and I would tell him, "I can't understand you." I was on this call for over a 45 mins and got nothing resolved... going to the cable company for new router tomorrow (not Netgear) plus it be cheaper to get a new one.

Called Netgear because my default password set by Netgear was not working. So I called. Was told the router I had purchased was not mine but they could still help me for $49.99. Asked them why I should pay for a firmware that was not caused by anything I did but by their product and got no answer. I hung. Called again. Got a lady who said the same thing and told her I was not paying $49.99 when I know it's firmware issue. So I proceeded to go into the router settings and found a firmware update for 4 security issues with passwords. A 30-minute phone telling me I am wrong and to pay them because I broke the router... The firmware update I had to find on my own through troubleshooting. Took 2 minutes. My router was also just over $50 and I asked why should I not just go buy a new router and the best answer I got was "Because I can fix now. You just have to pay us". So I finally said "** you. I'll handle it myself."

The D7000 Nighthawk router/modem by Netgear failed after 6 months. Getting through to customer service took over 30 minutes. I asked for a refund or replacement. A refund is not possible. Replacement is only possible if you either pay for the shipping of the defective product back to them or give your credit card number to some guy in the Philippines - yeah right! I had two reps hang up on me. I was not rude but I did request to speak to someone else. After hours of trying to work with them I called corporate.

I finally spoke to Melanie ** who claims her title is escalation lead. She again refused to send a replacement without a credit card on file in case they didn't receive their faulty product back. I had no intention of keeping their broken router. I would have gladly driven it to UPS if they had provided a shipping label. Melanie claimed to be in the United States but I am quite certain that she was not. There was a big delay between our connections. Their warranty on the box is not as indicated. I will never use another Netgear product - poor quality & awful customer service.

My internet went down the other day, so I called my provider and they did some troubleshooting and found that the wireless router was bad. I called Netgear support and the tech was very helpful at finding the issue and offered to resolve it. However, when I asked how much it would cost she told me $139.99 to fix it and that would give me a one year protection plan on the software. I told her that was way too much and I wasn't interested, so she put me on hold and then offered to fix it for $89.99 with a six month plan. Again, I wasn't interested. I was put on hold again, so I hung up. She called back and offered a one time fix of $49.99 and again I said no.

This tech was persistent and kept asking me why I wasn't interested. I told her I could buy a new router with a new warranty for under a hundred bucks. She continued to tell me that even if I purchased a new router that wouldn't solve my problem. The only way to fix my issue was to pay Netgear a ridiculous fee. So, after being on the phone for over half an hour I eventually got frustrated and told her I am not interested, I am hanging up the phone and to not call me back. I went to Best Buy and purchased a new wireless router and it's amazing because my new router works. Crazy how she told me a new router wouldn't fix my issue. Netgear tech support LIES AND THEY DO NOTHING BUT PUSH THEIR SALES.

Netgear Modem Router - Spent two days trying to get my internet connected. Provider did not know why the internet was not working and my daughter tried everything they asked including reconfiguring the router twice. We went out and purchased a new adaptor thinking this could be the problem... still not working. The only thing was the router which was almost out of its 2 year warranty. We found internet was working if we bypassed the router so we went out again and purchased a new router to see if this was the problem... and lo and behold we have internet again.

I had purchased the router from Dick Smith which is now no longer trading so was unable to return to store. If I had been able to return they would have simply replaced the product as it's still under warranty but I thought I would give the company a call to see if they would refund/replace. Long story short spoke to Indian speaking technician (only understood about half of what he said) and basically would have to pay to have assistance on finding out if the product was faulty as they only have a 90 day assistance. I said I'm not asking for assistance as quite clearly the product was not working and I want to return it. The warranty is for 2 years not 90 days. This router was one of the more expensive type and I expected it to last a lot longer.

Clearly after reading the reviews this company is scamming people and trying to make more money on the side by charging for assistance when they should be replacing the product or at least looking at it when it is not working. Basically I am unable to send the router back unless I have a number from the technician and I can't get that unless I pay more money... sounds a little dodgy to me. Didn't even ask the cost involved as I would never pay anyway but ended by saying I would contact Consumer Protection and ask their advice which I did and they informed me this was not under Australian Guidelines and to make a formal complaint. Certainly would never buy a product from this company again!

Contact NETGEAR Support. "Hi John, Product Model: R7300DST, Serial Number: **, Purchase Date: Jun 13, 2017. Contact us by Phone. Please provide us with this case number ** when you contact us so we can assist you quickly." Spent 1 hr and a half no real support. I bought 4 of their Night Hawk AC1900 from Best Buy and none of them had the DST adapter in them. I opened 2 of them in the Best Buy. They told me to contact Netgear. I did and they said, "Not our problem. Contact Geek Squad." I asked to speak to a supervisor and the operator put me on hold and came back trying to pretend he was a supervisor. I called him on it and when he was trying convince me he wasn't the same person he said, "As I told you earlier". I said, "Ah ha. I knew it. You are the same person." There is no real soul left in this company.

Do not buy their product ever, I bought their router and a year later it started giving me super slow speed. Once I called them. They said that it needs to be updated and to do that I need to buy warranty which is $89 for six month. So now I have useless router unless I'll pay for the warranty more than I paid for the router.

At first, the "support" team (really should say, sales team) act as though they are helping you, get your pertinent information and seem to be on their way to helping resolve your issue... Don't Believe Them For A Minute. "Oh yes, I see this is covered under your warranty, few more minutes, please hold, yes this is covered, hold unfortunately this is not covered." They use the strategy, "let me just check, please hold while I check that "your" issue is covered under the warranty." And of course after going through many hoops... it's NOT. REALLY?

ALL I NEED TO DO IS HELP RESET MY PASSWORD! I'm not computer illiterate, but if I can't access the account to get in, how can I reset the password? It was set back to default by a guest (by mistake) and I'm not sure why I always have trouble setting up a password, but I do. We have always purchased our own modem... Perhaps I just need to pay the modem rental fee and use Comcast's. DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT USE NETGEAR PRODUCTS ANYMORE.

The WORST customer service I have dealt with. They seem not to care. They want 3X what I paid for the device to provide technical support. How can I give the NEGATIVE Stars? I will NEVER buy another Netgear product!

I purchased an extender about 18 months ago and was never happy with it. While it's signal strength was usually fine, it was so slow that streaming video was almost impossible. I finally gave up and moved my router next to the TV and everything now works perfectly. The only problem is that I no longer have internet access on my desktop which was hard-wired to the router. I tried to hard-wire the extender to the computer and use it as an access point but even though it was connected to the router, it would not give me access to the internet.

Then I tried setting it as an extender but after going through the setup, a screen popped up demanding I enter a name and password. If I skipped it, I went back to the beginning. If I tried to enter a name and password, it refused to accept anything I entered and kept bringing me back to the same screen. Netgear could have answered my questions in about a minute but I couldn't even get anyone on the phone. I am retired and my new hobby has become finding sites like this one where I can warn people what they can expect if they deal with Netgear.

I recently bought two C600 Wireless cable routers and both failed within a year. Netgear at one time was a quality product but with the last two products all I have seen is failure. It's all about revenue because they obviously down. Have faith in their product with only a 90 day warranty, of course you can but additional support but at a cost (again revenue), not about quality control of a quality product.

My roommate owned the router and the cable modem at the place. He just moved, so he took all of that with him. I knew I had to buy a new router but he had an older cable modem from his old place that he was willing to sell me for really cheap. I took it and connected it, but it wasn't able to form a solid connection. I call "WOW!" assuming I just had to let them know about the change and register the new device. That wasn't the problem. So I call Netgear, and this is where it gets interesting: the customer service rep tells me since the modem is no longer under warranty, he cannot reconfigure it. Yes, you read that correctly, you need an active warranty on the device for it to basically be used at any location other than its original one. The price? 150 dollars for 1 year. 80 dollars for six months. 50 dollars for a ONE time activation fee. Insane.

I asked them what a warranty had to do with me activating the modem for the new location since all they had to do was reconfigure it, and he starts giving me this completely fabricated story about how there is a conflict with the IP addresses and he has to check the VPN, he had an Indian accent and started speaking very quickly once I asked him for an explanation, kinda mumbling his words as if he didn't want me to completely understand (I honestly thought I got redirected to scammers). Now I'm not the leading expert in cyber security, but I do know a thing or two about computers and networks, so by the way he explained this and by what he said I knew he was lying, plus nothing added up. Prior to calling him I had physically connected the modem to my laptop and got a default gateway from my command prompt.

I went ahead and typed it in my address bar and accessed the configuration/settings page of Netgear to see if the solution was under my nose. Under the list of "boot status" everything was checked off and working, including my IP address status and the connection coming from my ISP. The only thing that had failed in the process was the product registration. Basically there was no problem, they just wanted me to pay to activate my connection. So instead of paying 50 dollars to these scammers I gladly drove and bought myself a Linksys modem for 10 extra dollars, contacted WOW!, let them know about the problem and went ahead and cancelled my appointment for the technician, (let me just quickly say that WOW! has amazing customer service, just a pleasure to talk to) and within 10 minutes of getting home I had WiFi back. Don't spend a dime on Netgear. That is all.

If looking for a Router Modem, I would strongly suggest you keep away from Netgear. Twice this unit has kicked out of wifi. The first time it required only a factory reset. Several months later the same thing happened but this time it would not reset. I contacted my cable company who ran diagnostics and the wifi was working fine. Then I contacted Netgear who instructed me to do a factory reset but it would not work, four times it would not work. Then I was told I would need to buy a support package for any further help.

I spoke with Staples where I purchased and they told me to call about a replacement under warranty. Netgear is not about to assist with that either. 30 minutes on the phone later, the same things were repeated over and over with no replacement in sight. I would suggest if you are planning to purchase a modem router unit that you stay wayyy clear of Netgear!

Netgear R8500 X8 2.4GHz Channel FAILs shortly after purchase! I bought the R8500 Nighthawk X8 WIFI router on 11/28/2016. The router worked fine out of the box. I connected about 20 devices to it, including both 2.4GHz and 5GHz devices. Several of the laptops achieved 866Mbps links. Using the Genie software I was able to map data rates throughout my 3 story home. I was very happy with the router.

Then around the beginning of March, 2017 my family began complaining that some of the older 2.4GHz only devices weren't working. I initially traced this down to the router since none of the 2.4GHz devices in the house could connect to the router. I spent time over the course of a week or so researching the issue and trying every setting in the router, upgrading to the latest firmware 1.0.2.94, and any other suggestions I could find. Nothing worked. Then I discovered I wasn't the only one having this problem! There were/are many customers having this issue - 2.4GHz channel fails a few months after purchase.

Technical Support was of no use since the 90 day support ran out. They wanted me to invest another $49 for short term premium support. I'm not asking them to help me setup my router. I'm asking them to stand behind their product and not sell garbage. I don't need support. I need a router replacement because they sold faulty equipment. If this were a car, in my opinion, it would fall under the Lemon law with the number of 2.4GHz failure complaints. ElaineM (Community Team) for Netgear support eventually just broke down and starting responding to the various complaints by simply stating please open a support ticket.

I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT buy this product!! There appears to be some type of hardware design flaw that CANNOT BE CORRECTED by upgrading to the latest firmware! BTW, I have been a Netgear WDNR3700 owner for about 10 yrs. That product worked fine in its day, but now just can't handle the 20+ devices and various standards I need to throw at it. I'm moving to Linksys or another brand... Since I can't trust Netgear anymore... :(

My background (Not that it matters): Senior Electrical Engineer who designs network processor hardware prototype/evaluation platforms for a very large semiconductor company. Some of my designs include over 4000 electrical components - Resistors, caps, diodes, inductors, transformers, components for fan controllers, DDR4 2400Mbps, 10Gpbs links, USB2, USB3, temp sensors, PCIe GEN3 devices and redrivers, oscillators, 100 AMP core supplies, FPGAs, I2C/SPI, etc. All with simulation and 3D models. I've been designing/debugging electronic hardware designs, including my own, for over 28 yrs. I guess I'm a little upset. I feel that when I buy a $300 dollar router I should not be expect to debug its latent hardware failures too!

This was by far the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever gone through. To give you an idea of how bad it was, I had to speak to my internet provider, Comcast, before diverting to NETGEAR to resolve this issue. Comcast has been ranked the number one company with the worst customer service for several years, and they paled in comparison to the level of incompetency that NETGEAR representatives and policies exhibited to me.

To start, my product was just over a year old, and has been sitting in a drawer for 9 months after purchase. Meaning, the product failed after only being in use for 6 months. When I first called, I was told I would have to PAY for troubleshooting service (something I have NEVER had to do for a $140 product I had already purchased). After arguing this down, and after being forced to jump through hoops for over an hour (restart the router, unplug/replug several times, etc. and then instructed to call SEVERAL different numbers, and not transferred to them mind you...) I was told my product was defective and I would have to purchase a new one. This a ** joke.

If NETGEAR has such little faith in their product that it will not even replace products just over a year old, they are lying to their customers that this is a worthwhile investment. I will NEVER purchase another product from NETGEAR after my experience, and I would probably turn down a free product as well simply because of the grief and agitation this one has come with. FINALLY, after escalating the call at least 4 times and arguing heavily over the nature of this incident, I got a representative to agree to replace the damned router for free. A policy that should CERTAINLY be a given, especially after spending so much money on such a crappy product, and after all of the hours on hold and grief I went through to get to this point.

Onto the second chapter of this insanely horrific experience. I was told to choose a replacement option, and was then told that, unless I wanted to spend $30 on shipping, I would have to send in my defective router first, and then wait for their incompetent team to "investigate" the issue, process the replacement, and ship it to me. Guessing this would have taken at least a week and a half, and having absolutely no faith that I would ever even receive a replacement and be out $140, I opted to have the replacement shipped to me overnight first.

I was then told my shipping and billing address had to be the same to process the replacement. Having just moved addresses, my billing address was in the middle of being changed (it takes 5-7 days to process). After explaining the issue and once again having to escalate the call at least 4 times (absolutely absurd), a representative manager told me there was nothing they could do about this, and I would have to wait until the address was changed to ship the replacement. Have they never run into this issue before??? Has no one ever bought a router for their new address, found that it doesn't work, and then needed a new one shipped to their new address??? Has NETGEAR never figured out a way to remedy this and treat their customers like actual human beings instead of **. Apparently not.

I work from home and unequivocally need internet to do my job. This is a very common scenario and NETGEAR did absolutely NOTHING to try to remedy it. When I asked WHY on earth the addresses must be the same, I was told it was a fraud prevention measure. EVERY TIME when I called in (which mind you was a total of about 10 phone calls over a period of a week), I was forced to verify my first and last name, phone number, address and social. What are these verification items in place for besides fraud prevention!!! I was told my only option was they could send it to my previous address... Um no?? I don't live there anymore!! Some stranger does, and they could easily take my replacement router!!! Am I supposed to call them and ask them to accept a delivery for a person they have never met before?? How sketchy would that be for both parties??

This policy is ridiculous, and it is even more ridiculous that after explaining my situation, NETGEAR did nothing to remedy this. After all, let's not forget that this entire situation is the result of their defective product and I have been 100% inconvenienced by it. Finally, to remedy this problem myself, I had to ship the replacement to someone I barely knew and ask them to use their credit card to pay for shipping so the addresses matched. Think about how that works for fraud prevention measures.

I hope I have been perfectly clear in my level of disappointment and disgust in how every layer of NETGEAR chose to not resolve this issue. NETGEAR has unquestionably no concern for how customers are treated, how happy they are with their product, and what they can do as a company in the customer service industry to fix the problems that their ** products cause. Even better, ever since the experience I have been spammed with emails to rate my customer service experience, so they really had this review coming.

After I filed a report on the website to replace a defective product, I was directed to call. When I called, I had to wait more than 20 minutes to finally have Bomgar answered. She asked me to do some testing. When I connect my computer to the cable modem, my internet works fine. When I connect through the router, my internet did not work. We reset the router. It did not help. Then I was told that I have to pay $149 before she can test and then decide if they would replace the defective router. It is ridiculous to pay $149 for a router that costs $39.97. The router is under warranty and I have the receipt.

My router failed after about 2 years use. Company claims it offers lifetime guarantee. However, when I called company I was put in touch with guy whose accent caused great difficulty in conversing with him. Eventually I learned that if I will send them the defective device they will send me an identical device. But according to Netgear employee this process would take about three weeks, meaning I would be without internet this entire time. I believe if they were serious about honoring guarantee they would have developed a much faster replacement policy. At present it seems to me their policy is intended to discourage people to return defective devices. In addition, when contacted by USA citizens the company would be well advised to employ people who know English without strong accents that make conversations both too long and too frustrating.

I just wanted to change my Netgear router password. When I did so my wireless shutdown. I painstakingly looked thru all the Netgear websites trying numerous "solutions" they came up with. Nothing worked, SURPRISE! So then it's time to try to find a phone number to call for customer service. I would've found a four leaf clover faster. When I did find the elusive number I was immediately greeted by "Daniel" in a very busy, very loud call center who told me that a link went down but he could immediately re-establish my Wi-Fi for $189.00 dollars providing a 2 year warranty. I bought the router 5 years ago for $70.00 and was told by "Daniel" it should last 12 years. When I expressed my concern over the absurdity of his solution, he then lowered his tech rate to a fee of $89.00.

Again, explaining to him that there was nothing wrong with my service until I changed my password and that I wouldn't pay them what they wanted he put me on hold for about 15 seconds while he spoke to his supervisor. The new number he came back with--$49.99 a onetime fee. Without hesitation I asked him if he went home happy at the end of the day knowing he has scammed and taken advantage of people like me who don't have much computer knowledge. He didn't have a new dollar amount or good answer to my question. I called my internet provider the next day and she was able to walk me thru the process in 10 minutes for free. I'm expecting this router to last far short of the 12 years "Daniel" assured me and when it finally goes out I will never buy another Netgear product. Be very wary of their deceitful actions regarding tech support, 90 day warranties and hacker prevention fees.

Me and my daughter both have different Netgear routers. The one at my house we are on the 3rd router. All three were different. They kept getting more expensive and took me forever to find a number to dial to get an actual person on the line and ultimately they wanted to charge me anywhere from $49 to a 100+ dollars for continued access and help so my router will get its 10 years use out of it. I was on the phone with them for over an hour and they tried to sell me the 1-year and 2-year so-called extended warranty plan so I can get help with the reconfiguration and upgrades of the routers every 5 to 6 months so that my router will work the 10 years that it is supposed to work! Then I said, "Forget it" and they said, "Oh let me talk to my supervisor. Wait we have a $49 fee for this one time(???)..."

And I didn't know that every 5 to 6 months you need to go online and do a reconfiguration and an upgrade so your router will work, and I stated that nowhere on the box does it say this, and nowhere is it specified that a person within their first 90 days needs to make sure they go on to the website, which is not easy by the way (especially when you're older. I have to do all this from my parents). To do the reconfiguration upgrade, mind you this is $130 + Wi-Fi router you have to upgrade and reconfigure the first 90 days and then every 5 to 6 months after that for it to work properly! Well they should say that on the box and then when you don't do that you call in and then they say because you didn't do (it because they don't post it anywhere on product). "Now we want to charge you to make sure you get the life out of your product!"

So I will never buy this product again and I'm having the same issue at my daughter's, so no more Netgear because it's a fraudulent company! When you go to buy routers in the markets they are all tied up, there's no way anywhere to find out that you need to do this to every first 90 days and then every 5 to 6 months after that. If that were on the box and it was stated so when you go to buy the product maybe I would think twice about buying Netgear.

I don't want to buy an expensive product and go home and have to go online to do some difficult reconfiguration and upgrade every 5 to 6 months... Without BEING INFORMED FIRST so the consumer can make an educated decision. They ended up replacing my router, but it was an ordeal! And now I have to do the 90-day/5-6 month ordeal now to keep this one working. Plus the first 2 of mine, and my daughter's first one... were tossed 'cause I didn't know any better. I'm a busy person and don't have time to deal with difficult routers.

I purchased a Netgear signal extender 8 months ago. It suddenly quit extending the signal even though the lights say it's working. I called customer service thinking that the product needed to be reset or something. A "technician" from India gave me a song and dance, said the problem obviously wasn't with the extender, and said he couldn't help me unless I paid $89 for a 6 month technical support contract. That's as much as I originally paid for the product. Oh, but for $89 they will also support my router and computer. I wouldn't trust them to service my cat. Netgear obviously isn't in the business of making reliable products. It is in the business of raking in money on technical support. I will never buy anything made by Netgear again and I am spreading the word to others.

Called for support on router and was told I only had 3 months of it and now I will have to pay $120 for help. Is there product so bad that they need to make money on the purchase and then in 3 months shake you down for $120 or you can go to hell. I had no options but to pay them. A class action lawsuit should be brought against them.

What they all have said! Was going to purchase an Arlo security system until I found out it was made by NETGEAR. Previously purchase an expensive router and unfortunately found out how their customer service is set up. There is none. From that point on I have been steadfast in my resolve to never purchase anything from them again, or from any other company, who make it a point and policy to attempt to have no communicate with their customers (unless of course you pay them another $150). I believe it's time for consumers to unite by voicing their displeasure in how they're being treated and boycott these corporations by not buying their products and informing them the customer comes first!

We have tried a few Netgear routers and have had problems with all of them. Our ISP said they hear that a lot. The tech support gives bogus advice about how to fix the problems. This time they said our ISP was blocking our router and we need to get the IP address from our ISP. Our address is dynamic and our router is set to automatically detect it & has done so successfully off & on over the past 6 months since we purchased the router. Netgear Tech refuse to help unless we purchase an additional warranty so our latest and last Netgear router is going in the trash and we will never buy a Netgear product again.

I have had my Netgear product for a year. For some reason my work and personal cell phones were disconnected from the WiFi connection over night and the password would not work. I called Netgear Customer Service. The representative told me that it would be an easy, quick fix, but that my warranty was only good for 90 days so I would have to pay $49 for her assistance. I would NOT buy this product again since they're not able to assist with such a quick, easy fix. It's extremely disappointing.

Netgear Company Profile