Netgear

• 3%
  • 1%
  • 81%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?
    Verified purchase
    Customer Service

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I have always bought Netgear, mine old one went out went and bought a new one no biggie, 2 hours later and on the phone with netgear still didn't work, blamed it on Xfinity, went and bought a different brand. Arris works great and ll wifi and internet fixed within a hour! The guy on the phone just kept saying one more step, yea screw your one more step.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 4, 2024

Don’t buy this products from them, after 3 months they will ask you to pay extra 90$ for support! If you will not pay, the router just stop to work and you can’t do anything! This products are horrible!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Netgear worked so so for 1 year, Now June/28/ 2024, it was disconnected, so I phoned them. He said can't help me unless I give him payment for nearly $80 dollars, but then I see they request $10.99 a month, so without notice they blocked or cut my extender/ booster off without notice, costing me a loss of $600 on the stock market today, you dirty, rotten thieves, don't buy their products....

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I called Netgear for help to activate a netgear extender. After passing me off 3 times the technician took control of my computer and after about a half hour told me that it won't work because my network is corrupted. He tried selling me expensive software like a regular scammer. I called The Geek Squad at Best Buy and he had it working in 5 minutes. No software sales pitch! Be careful Netgear service agents are scammers!

Reviewed May 20, 2024

This NetGear Router AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6400v2) is so unreliable, it is down once every 30 days and has to be unplugged from the power source to reboot. When I am working remotely, it is impossible to do that. When I get back to my house, this thing is going in the trash. I got scammed by the on-line Tech Support for $199 for a 2 year contract for Tech Support which has been useless.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Bought Netgear wi-fi range extender through eBay. Was having issues installing it so called their customer service. They wanted to sell me 1 or 2 year technical support for either $99 or $169 for the router I paid $32, They simply refused to help me. Telling me that Ebay is an unauthorized dealer that's why they cannot support/help. Will never buy anything from them again!

Reviewed May 14, 2024

2 years ago, my ISP installed a "new 5G WiFi in my house at no charge," replacing the 5G TP-Link AC1750 Dual-Band gigabit router I had purchased; and telling me I had to use their equipment. I liked my AC1750, even though I had to have repeaters around the house and outer buildings on the farm to facilitate access. After the new ISP router, I still had to have the repeaters, but now I had to have even more of the because it had less power than the AC1750; and I had to reprogram the repeaters. Not only that, but it was not even a gigabit router!

Living with the slower speed and less power was difficult to cope with. I did an analysis of the WiFi channels to try to see if there was interferences, and in so doing I found a Secret WiFi connection accessible ONLY FROM THE ISP. That's when I realized they were using that signal to monitor me. Anyway, long story short, last year I purchased an "open box" NetGear Nighthawk Mesh Network system from Woot! It sat ready to hook up at any time, and when I started having problems with the ISP's router, I quickly replaced it.

I contacted my ISP and told them to what I was doing. That's when I found out they were charging me a monthly fee to use their equipment to monitor my farm's security cameras, as well as my Internet usage! After I installed and setup the NetGear Nighthawk, I positioned the satellites at opposing ends of the house, and now I have uninterrupted Internet through our home - all using ONE username and password. SO NICE! Now I have only 2 repeaters to broadcast WiFi within the barn and metal machinery shed. All my Echo devices and Wansview cameras connect flawlessly! The NetGear app was extremely helpful, along with it's various Internet tools. I have never had to contact their customer support.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

After having an issue with my isp today which was finally resolved to find out that my Netgear nighthawk ac2600 locked me behind a login security stop. Why? Because netgear has a security stop purposely built in that after 5 years they do not cover anything under warranty. So the only option is to pay their "support or security coverage" at the same price as buying a newer router for someone to click a single button to override their built in feature that locked you down in the first place. The company is an absolute scam. As soon as I challenged the idea of them forcing security that is not needed on people, the "support technician swore at me, told me it's good it's locked me out and that they don't want customers like me. Then proceeded to hang up. This company is a joke and I will not be buying anything from them again, and wouldn't recommend it to my enemy let alone a friend.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Net Gear is a horrible company. My modem and router weren't working well. I contacted tech support, they logged on to mine, said it needed cleaned and security put on.$269. So I did it, figured I had no choice. It did nothing. All the so called technicians said they were trying other things. Two weeks later I had enough, I unplugged and went with a different internet service. They kept telling me I will get my refund in 24 hrs. Two months later, no refund. Every time I call they say "24hrs". I guess I will never get that refund.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

DO-NOT-BUY. I bought an AC1200 Dual-band WiFi range extender, and I didn't even have it for 24h before I decided to return it. It was utter garbage. Even when using something so standard as the ethernet port from the extender, all it had to do was stay connected to an existing Wifi, And it continuously broke the connected, while showing static green lights, and full connection, it provided absolutely no service to my PC. The garbage app made it IMPOSSIBLE to find the error, remove or add devices, and it spammed me with "cannot find extender" messages when it had already been synced. And it decided to give me this plethora of problems when I needed service the most, the week before finals. They should issue their devices to anger-management facilities as a final exam because you need an angel's patience to deal with their products.

Netgear Company Information