1.02/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

169 Netgear Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

My internet service went down on Sunday 5/20/2018. I called Comcast Cable and they ensured that my service should be working. They ran a test and said that they were making connection with my modem. They suggested the problem was with my Netgear router, and even gave me their contact phone number immediately. Desperate to have service, I called Netgear. The lady that answered the call was very nice and polite, and very reassuring that she could fix my service without having to replace my expensive router. This call went on for approximately 1 hour and required me to allow remote access. She told me she could fix the problem, but since I didn't have a one year service contract it would be a cost of $139.99. She never offered a one time service charge or a 6 month service charge, only a 1 yr subscription fee of $139.99.

I watched the screens they accessed, which was nothing difficult. Input username/ password, pinged computer 10 times then 100 times, and then service was restored. Today when I read the service contract I saw where I could have opted for a one time fee of $50, or a 6 month contract of $88, or a one year contract of $139.99, or a two year contract for I believe $199. I also noticed 10 days to cancel the one year agreement, so I immediately called to cancel. I spoke to a male named Sasha (888) 615-3488. He kept me on the phone for 16-25 minutes just trying to cancel the service. Told me his supervisor was on another call and he was only one with authority to cancel. He then tried to resell the benefits of the service and I declined for third or fourth time. He final said he would have a supervisor call me back within 1 hour. We will see if that happens.

This whole thing is a tremendous scam! I hope for a class action lawsuit against this company, and will spread the word to all friends and family not to purchase their products unless they are prepared to pay for annual or extended service contracts. I would not be surprised to see if Comcast is associated with them, since they readily gave me their contact number, and I'm sure Comcast is upset they are no longer getting my monthly subscription for their modem/ router. Which is another scam.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk 1900 from Best Buy in Poughkeepsie, NY. I owned the Netgear router for about four months and then KaBoom! Everything went to hell; I called customer service and they wanted $50 for a diagnosis. If they determined the problem was software related, I’d pay a fee; if the issue was hardware related, then I pay nothing and they’d replace the Nighthawk for free. Interestingly enough, the customer service agent (who I had a hard time understanding because of her thick accent) said the Netgear Nighthawk comes with a (1) year warranty - but that’s not exactly true...is it. Buyer beware. The reviews are true.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I called about a problem with my wireless router from Netgear. Netgear customer service had been on the phone for at least an hour. After going through many different things they told me my router was working well and to complete the service I needed to pay them $139 for the year or I had another option of paying over $200 for two years but they had to finish the service on their end and they would only do that if I paid for the service. I have had this unit this rack wireless router for nine months. I paid almost $200 for this wireless router. I will never buy a Netgear again. I’m hoping somebody sues them and I will join it as a class action lawsuit. I hope a lot of people read this and never buy next year.

Original review: May 14, 2018

After purchasing a set of four (4) Arlo Wireless Cameras, I attempted to install them with measured success. Due to my purchase being to monitor my second home nearly 1200 miles away, I relied on them heavily to view my investment. I spent months of time researching my options regarding “Wireless Camera Systems” in several large stores as well as on the internet. After being a longtime consumer of Netgear Routers and having great success, I assumed they were reputable; however, I noticed that they had no United States based support for any of their products which was alarming. The Tech Support that is the only one available is based in the Philippines. I tried at least a dozen times to address issues with the support team but they weren’t too successful. After my being persistent I was able to get some level of satisfaction.

I decided to extend my camera coverage with the Arlo Pro version of the camera selection that included a audio feature that allows the user to communicate with someone being observed on the camera. It was a great concept until Netgear refused to upgrade their software to accommodate the new iOS by Apple. I first noticed that the audio portion wasn’t working after being ignored by my neighbor who was at my door one day. After asking him why he had ignored me, he claimed that he never heard a word I spoke over the camera.

I had to fly 1200 miles and two and a half hours on a jet flight to test the camera which in fact wasn’t working. After calling the Arlo Netgear Support phone number, I was advised that they would be coming out with a patch for the program soon. It is now three months later and they haven’t done anything which renders my camera useless to me. Eight hundred dollars later and their Cloud program also being found to be questionable, the company couldn’t care less about the problem. Recently I have been contacting several stores that sell their products with requests that they review their agreements with Netgear; however, there is little interest in customer respect available.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have had a WNR2000v4 N300 router from Netgear that I have had for about 2 years now. My internet has begun running extremely slow and so I began looking for solutions. There was a firmware update for my router which says it would multiple issues including slowing internet over time. I tried to install multiple times and kept getting an error saying that the firmware file was incorrect. I called and spoke to someone who ran me through the same things that I had tried previously with the same end result. He had me completely reset my router which helped the speed for the time being. He said he fixed the speed and to not worry about the firmware update.

He had no idea why the firmware update was not working. It seems this issue with the firmware update is common on the Netgear routers from what I have seen online, but nobody has a solution including Netgear themself. He said because my technical support contract was beyond the date that he would not be able to help me again without me paying. Within a few minutes of getting off the phone my internet speeds were back to where they were before I called. I'm stuck with a router that does not work and no support from the Netgear unless I want to pay to have them attempt to fix the issue. It would be cheaper to just buy a new router from another company and not have to pay Netgear for service that I expect to be the same as it was before I paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased 5 Arlo Pro last fall. In February, one quit working, I called Netgear and the guy put it through some tests and said it was faulty and they would send me a new one. Not ONCE did he tell me to return the bad one, so I tossed it in a trash can. I repeated called Netgear as to where my new camera was, they said I had to return the old one first. I could not remember where it was or even it had gone out in the trash pickup. They were not kind or helpful, all they said was I had to return the old. I asked if I could not find it what then, they replied I could not get a new one. This was less than 6 months after purchase. I started getting emails of at least 3 a week telling me to return the broken camera. If I did not they were closing the case. I would call and get the same response, almost like they were reading it. This went on until about 3 weeks ago (constant emails from Netgear, no budging at all).

I was emptying trash cans around my house and I found it in one I do not normally use because it is a guest bedroom. I sent it to them, I had to pay for overnight shipping, but they got it and sent me a new one after 3 months. I will NEVER purchase a product from Netgear again nor recommend them to others. Their customer service people were obstinate, rude, stubborn and not willing to help me at all. I would advise anyone to look at other similar products before Netgear.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Best Buy recommended I buy a Netgear router and modem. When I couldn't set it up correctly, and Comcast exhausted all ideas except to give me Netgear's number, I ended up spending over two hours on the phone with a tech to get Internet up and running. The Internet connection was intermittent, and I called the next day to get that corrected. Today I called with a new problem and was advised to get a two-year contract, to which I stupidly agreed. I then read the uniformly negative reviews of Netgear's service, or lack thereof, and called the number to cancel subscriptions (888-615-3488), not one of the tech advice numbers. Whereas before I quickly got a tech, I waited 40 minutes before talking to a woman who wanted to know why I wanted to cancel and then said she didn't have authority to cancel and would put me on hold while fetching her supervisor.

Fifteen minutes later she came back to say the supervisor was in a meeting and would call me back, which he did an hour and a half later. After talking to him for a few minutes, he said he'd have to arrange a conference call with someone who had the authority to cancel subscriptions. After ten minutes I talked to another woman who finally said she would refund my money. Naturally, everyone I talked to tried to convince me I was making a big mistake by canceling. I will notify my credit card company if I don't get a chargeback in two working days. Having read the reviews of others, I am in full agreement that service is merely a scam to get people to buy service contracts. Why Best Buy would recommend Netgear is beyond me.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Netgear is absolutely the WORST SERVICE ON EARTH. If you buy a Netgear router, be sure to understand that their support is only good for 90 days. If you need support after that, no matter what, you are better off buying a new router and a different brand. I reluctantly got SCAMMED into buying their support service in order to verify that my router was even working! I went with the 1 year plan for $140 cost because they said they support so many other devices in my home if they connect to the router. If you get sucked into this "service" be sure to understand that you have 10 days to get a refund. They don't tell you this until you want a refund after you get a taste of the incompetent support.

I called for service and I spent about 12 hours over 3 days of calls and the tech ended up telling me to just give the problem a few days to see if it worked itself out. If not, I was to call back again. Is there anyone gullible enough to believe a tech problem with a router or computer just resolve themselves? On the 11th day after my purchase I was so disgusted, I called to see what they would do about a refund. I was informed that I had surpassed 10 days and could no longer have a refund. I pursued this through every level of customer support and complaint that I could find, including a dispute through my credit card company. Netgear denied every effort I made. My experience has been shared numerous times with this company and I've yet to have an apology or refund in full, or partial. So I've paid for one year of service that I will not use for 11 1/5 months.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchased a $199 combo router/modem July of 2017 because I needed more power for wireless and Netgear was rated well. Due to spring winds on Friday, my TV lost internet WiFi connection. CenturyLink changed my modem thinking that was the problem (it was something else). Because I had a Netgear modem they were unable to provide me with the set up to REUSE my working modem so I have to Go online to get reconnected with NETGEAR. Here is where all crap hit the fan. I search for customer support online but there is NO 1800 number. I finally get one from Best Buy, because their Geek Squad can't help me with a product EVEN THOUGH I paid extra to get help if I need it in the next 2 years.

I reach NETGEAR customer support and speak to a woman named Rimmi, she didn't have an American accent. I explain the situation, let her know that I have hooked up the modem again, am searching for Netgear on the Wireless Network providers but am unable to locate my current router/modem (it's a 2 in 1). She instructs me to unplug the modem and plug my router into the laptop. She has The model # of my product but doesn't catch that it's a modem/router... I explain to her that I have a combination 2 in 1 modem/router. She yells at me saying "Why do you keep talking about your modem? I'm talking about your router! Listen to me!" Then she catches on that I have a dual system... And states she will need to send me to technical support for a one time fee of $99.00.

Keep in mind I'm just asking to reset the modem so that it can picked up the wireless on my technology. I say, "No Thank you." She says "Our tech team can't help you unless you pay the $99.00." Rimmi had given me an 800 Number to contact so I hung up with her after I had asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to get her supervisor. I contact the 800 number and app always with Harry, who gives me the same runaround the RIMMI had done. He didn't see anything wrong with my router and was going to need to call me back in 30 minutes. That was three hours ago.I phoned CenturyLink, they reset me up with their router... And Netgear has yet to contact me. Stay away from NETGEAR.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My router in warranty, call to Netgear devolved into a two hour wait, disingenuous sympathy for our router breakdown, Netgear's refusal to help as my 90 days of phone support had expired, a bait and switch to use a vendor (likely Netgear) $40 for any issue, including avoiding any answer to our question about why the online software updates for our router did not work! They win the award this week for Corporate Greed In Tech Sector -What Customer Torture! Everything they advertise online is fake - Netgear's personnel are trained to ignore "the question" - a brilliant passive-aggressive karate move written into the "playbook" to keep customers on hold over thirty minutes and then dead end the call.

When I learned that my 80-year-old mom was reduced to tears trying to muster the patience to solve this simple 10-second router issue - to get back online with the grandkids - I explained to her how it is a scam I progress. She had credit card at the ready if only to get back to the kiddies! If you have an elderly parent with a computer write to AARP to ask they conduct survey of such scams from reputable tech companies. Seniors around the country, now entirely dependent on tablets and cells to keep up familial relations, are intimidated to pay for service under warranty. An Action such as an email would help seniors enormously feel safe.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I wanted to find the IP Address for my modem, as my router wasn't assigning it an IP. I called expecting a simple response, but all I got was them trying to force me into a ridiculously priced service package. Given what I paid for the device, I shouldn't have to pay almost the same amount as the device purchase for 6 months of support. I am fully capable of taking care of my devices, I just needed a simple answer. I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR **!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

AC1750 Wifi Modem & Router: Called support, explain my WiFi service wasn't working accordingly, rep asked multiple questions, next thing I know he created an Netgear acct without my consent. Told rep I purchase my modem about 3 months ago. Rep ask me a specific date if I bought it 3 months and 1 day from today. I said, "It could be, I don't know." Rep purposely ask me that question to get me out of the warranty. Went back thru my internet service provider and it looks like I purchase the modem under 3 months. All the rep wanted was to sell me a service I don't need.

Now he created an acct showing my modem is out of warranty. I can tell the rep was from overseas because of his strong accent. They use that to their advantage to mumble their tech ID so there won't be track of them. Very disappointed with Netgear. Can't believe that as a tech something like this would happen to me. I would always recommend Netgear product to my customers, because my previous 2 modems over the years worked perfectly fine. This feels like a kick to my stomach!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called NETGEAR about a router I purchased less than 90 days ago, they're telling me I bought it almost 9 months ago and want me to pay for support. I had to factory reset the router, and now it will not let me in with the factory settings of admin and password. It wants me to answer security questions I never picked. How could a factory reset even keep info like that. Lastly I don't have two brothers so that is just nuts. I would never pick questions about imaginary people's names. Technical support person from India is not helpful.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I paid $138.99 for this Nighthawk router. One day I found that I could not access the internet. I rebooted everything but no luck. My internet carrier said that it was my router. I called Netgear and the rep who was very hard to understand said not to worry, that he will help me. Over the course of an hour he instructed me through many series of seemingly simple remedies none of which changed the situation. All along the rep was assuring me that I should not worry, that he is 100% confident that he will be able to help me. He never mentioned any cost. I thought it was free just like any other product tech support. It sounded like he already knew what would fix it but he needed to build up some suspense and later appreciation on my part. He needed to have me invested (one whole hour) to legitimize, if only in my own mind, a charge. This is a well known sales strategy. To wear your customer down. To trap them. To hold them hostage and then charge them ransom.

Car dealers used to do this by asking for your license and or your car keys if they can get them so they can trap you, and then they intentionally draw out the sales process to wear you down. Finally, my Netgear rep said he would fix my problem but he had to take control of my computer. I watched his movements and none of it was very technical. And then came the hammer. He said he could fix it but there would be a charge. He gave many different subscription payment options. Or I could pay $50.00 for this one time fix. It was hard to say no after an hour. I said yes and subsequently went on-line to see that all I had to do was re-enter the Netgear network password (written on the bottom of my router) back into my computer settings. It would have taken all of 30 seconds to fix.

It would seem to me that the Netgear tech support business model is predatory in its design, taking people's time, money, and dignity. My action will be to contact my local board of chosen freeholders and determine which director is in charge of Consumer Affairs. I will file a complaint which will prompt an investigation. Enough of these and the company will have to take notice. We might even find that Netgear is intentionally sending out Ransomware and waiting for the calls to come in. This could be the beginning of the end for Netgear!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Just bought extender, read instructions to set up, called CS for a couple questions then was lead into college course explaining about how a Firewall works. After 30 minutes it become clear he was not helping me but rather selling me. Had me going, then arguing that I needed a 1yr, 3yr or a lifetime subscription of help. He said he couldn't help because of Firewall not setup correctly and in order to get work, I needed a key code. Then explained that in order to start and drive my car I needed the keys to start it up and he was holding the keys. Oh man, I was not happy and after being degraded and belittled, I said this conversation is over. So almost an hour of BS, I am back where I started, an extender and no keys to the car. Worthless, a bunch of BS I've ever heard or apart of. There is more but too lengthy. Wake up Netgear. Old school sales approach doesn't work and especially from a non American bad English speaking person.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I purchased a modem with the brand Netgear. I noticed that my internet was not working and I called my internet service and they referred me to the company who I had the modem with. At this time I'm upset because I assumed my internet could connect me after giving me an option to go with their modem or provide your own. I did provide my own modem through Netgear and what a ripoff. I was unaware that after 90 days I was no longer eligible to troubleshoot my internet that was tied in with my modem without paying a high fee. I only called Netgear like 3 times referred from my internet services and never was told it was a charge from the Microsoft store where I purchased it or nothing. I spent almost 200.00 dollars on this modem. I'm on the phone.

What I'm thinking they are troubleshooting with them what I felt like they were enabling my computer and taking all my personal information and the representative confirming as I click here and there on these unfamiliar areas on my computer for the Netgear rep to tell me, "Sorry ma'am. We are unable to help you" in a fast persuasive voice. "You need to pay 89.00 or 100 in order for your internet to work! Now ma'am! Which one do you want ma'am so we can continue? Okay! Ma'am I will continue which one do you want because your services will not work without a payment. So, ma'am OKAY? Are you ready ma'am." I said, "No! I'm not ready," and never was ready to pay an additional fee for a warranty package I was told. I said this is a ripoff/ after being transferred about several times trying to talk to someone. Not to mention hanged up.

I barely even had my modem. It's freaking brand new after spending almost 200.00. Now I can't even look on the internet at all because Netgear has hack my computer and I'm afraid they have all my personal information. I want my money back. I would NEVER EVER refer anyone or purchased from Netgear again. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have internet connectivity issues and Netgear is holding me hostage. They wont allow me to get on the web until I give them $140 per year for technical support from the manufacture. What gets me is that we have already determined that it's not even the Netgear hardware. They want to charge me to reconfigure the network settings. What a rip. The support person said that even if I go and buy a new modem and router the problem will still persist. This is after I have them tons of pertinent information about me and 45 minutes of my time. If they are serious and a new device won't work, then that means these guys are hacking me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I called Netgear because I had an old iPad that kept freezing up and rebooting and I wanted a recommendation for a faster router. I was told that I did not need a faster router and they could fix the IPAD problem through my current router for $130.00. I question how they could do this and they guaranteed they could. The $130.00 turned out to be $139.99 subscription to NETGEAR Gearhead service. The IPAD problem was not fixed and I called the next day as per their agreement for a refund. All they did was upgrade the firmware in my router.

I was told after speaking to 3 people that I might get a partial refund after they investigate and go over the recording of my telephone call. The women told me that the technician had marked down that the problem was fixed. I should have known better that they were lying about fixing a problem with on old IPAD. I am waiting for a review when they told me I would be informed by email after their investigation for a partial or full refund... I will probably just dispute the amount on my charge card.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Terrible customer service experience with 3 representatives from Netgear. The first, "service person number **", was so rude that we felt we could not continue the call. We asked to speak with someone else and she claimed that no one else was available to speak with us. So, we hung up and called back. Next we spoke with "Zamir", who tried to sell us a new customer support warranty. He told us if there was any way for us to troubleshoot the issue ourselves, he would have told us that. However, at the end of the conversation when it became clear we were not planning to buy the new warranty, "Zamir" said he would email us troubleshooting instructions. That email never came. Twenty minutes later we called back and spoke with a third customer service representative, to confirm our email address, and we are currently on with that person now. This has been an incredible waste of time with people who are not helpful.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

BEWARE of which number you dial! I was almost scammed when I dialed ** for Netgear Router tech support when my Wifi went out. I was told my Wifi account had been blocked due to "suspicious activity" in Mexico and it would cost me for the protection plan. When I inquired about the by whom, what, where's etc. and abruptly ended the call, he proceeded to tell me getting a new router would not help.

I then called the "real" Netgear to get it working properly (took 15 minutes), re-registered the product online, called back the scam artists to let them know they are being reported to the BBB wherein he hung up on me although shortly thereafter I received a polite voicemail message saying they would like to resolve my problem (from **). On a side note, real Netgear did indicate that I needed an "upgrade" since I was beyond their 90 days of free tech support which I declined. Kind of irritating that I had to call anyway since my router is only a year old. It remains to be seen if fake Netgear did any damage to my computer but lets hope not. Hope this helps others. :)

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to get my TV to work using Netgear products. Now my computer does not work, nothing works after Netgear customer service had me do all kinds of things to get their product to work. I am currently on hold again, now I have been holding this time for 42 minutes, still no help. I am returning this product and reporting them to the BBB. Worst service ever. Do not waste your money and most of all your time and sanity.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have several Netgear VueZone wireless security cameras around my house. They were working great. I paid $50 per year to have the entire system backed up on their website. I could go back 2-4 months on each camera seeing snapshots or video of when the motion detector in the camera triggered a shot. I could access the five cameras at any time from my iPhone. If someone came to the door, I could touch the app on my phone to see who was at the door. I could also check the backdoor or view the driveway depending on which camera I selected. Then I got a notification from Netgear that my annual payment was due.

I had been ignoring my security cameras for a month. I paid and then discovered that Netgear VueZone no longer worked with my iPhone because of the iPhone software iOS upgrade to 11 and then I find that Netgear actually says they are not going to change their software to keep it compatible for iPhone. Then I find that the online storage is not working correctly either. At this moment none of my cameras are connected to the online backup but I have touched nothing in my house. Only explanation is that the commercial power flickered without the TV losing picture but the lights blinked.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Never had an issue until 3 days ago - trying to connect to Xbox, entering into a game, 3 secs it's lagging then kicking me out. Calling customer service was a complete and utter JOKE, having to wait on hold for sometimes longer than 20 minutes, the reps want to argue with you, trying to make you feel stupid, like you have no idea what you are talking about. They then instead of trying to resolve the issue, free. They offered me, if I pay $50.00 they will help me out, but if I dont, I was SOL. So, after wasting literally over 3 hours of my Saturday morning... I have concluded that Netgear should NOT be in business.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased my Netgear #R 6220 a few days ago. I spent 2 days TRYING to set it up. Got it to work on my desktop but Nothing else. And the signal was worse than I already had. Called tech support. Their ONLY job is Not to help you, but to sell you a hacking security package for between $249- $1500. I got NO help. When I finally got them to understand I can afford any of their options he redirected my call to the first person I had spoken with. After being on hold for several minutes an automated operator chimed in to tell me the number I was trying to reach was no longer in service!! So in closing that's 2 hours out of my life I'll never get back. Going back to Best Buy today to return this piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Router purchase didn't use for approx. 6 mo. Needed help setting up. Box said 24/7 support. Found out only good for 90 days. Only way they would fix was to buy tech support plan. I paid 89 despite telling them I had tech support somewhere else. I couldn't believe their treatment and disregard for someone who purchased their product. Definite accent barrier. Product light broke and so this was not covered.

Told didn't make a difference. What? Deeply harassed about re-signing up for tech support. No way but story doesn't end here. I had to buy a modem and wanted to avoid this co but product compatibility forced me to purchase. No phone number on carton and I couldn't get on internet for help w/o router. Finally found number from ist purchase and got help but it was awful and harassed again to purchase tech plan. This company is terrible and I would avoid at all costs because it will cost you!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I will never, ever buy Netgear again. I paid $300 for a router. My power went out and I could not find my network any longer and I could not figure out how to fix it. I called tech support. Apparently you have to pay someone over there for support before if you have had your product more than $90 days. And the cheapest option is $50! $50 for one time support! I could have paid $90 for 6 months or $200 for two years!!! What kind of scam is that? I have use other brands and have not had to pay for support and I called them all the time. If I pay $300 for a router, I expect some service for the occasional time my router goes out and I cannot figure out how to set it back up. By the way, the fix literally took 1 minute. If my router goes out again, I would literally rather buy another brand's router for $300 than give Netgear another dime. Never, ever again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Netgear AC1750 router modem. Product defective after 10 months. Still under warranty. Also have protection plan. Bought from Staples. Protection plan only kicks in after warranty expires in one year. Two year plan but runs concurrently with warranty. Customer service is outsourced to people who cannot speak English clearly. Serial number of product is missing but have receipt. Netgear rep. asked for the serial number 10 times and was told each time it was missing. Could not explain any process for replacing a defective product still under warranty. Protection plan would not cover it because still under warranty. Second Netgear router that has failed. The warranty from this company is worthless. The consumer protection plan is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have AT&T provided internet, and did have their modem along with a Linksys router. I replaced the modem with the Netgear. Everything works well until the power goes out, which has happened frequently. When it does, Netgear refuses to recognize the router. Netgear tech support (heavy accents, hard to understand) got it working, until after 90 days. Now they want big money to make their product recognize my router. This is unreasonable. Nor can they teach me how to do it. NEVER will buy Netgear again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

This router is absolute cancer. Every time I use the extender and my wifi at home, there is always a problem. I go onto the extender and it always logs on but then turns off and I have to repeat the process of turning it back on in settings. This retarded product is a brain tumor and has been driving me crazy. I can't believe this thief of a company would take people's money in return for a bs wifi system. I will definitely get a router from another company that isn't a failure and scam. Netgear extender is just a living pain. I would recommend this extender to people that want to destroy stuff because I have been close to throwing this in the garbage where it belongs, enough said. If this is never fixed, good luck with selling this piece of trash.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Netgear router. Paid $250. Had it for 8 months. Wifi quit working. Called to get help and they said it would cost $139 just to tell me what to do. Very dissatisfied. This company is a Scam. Do not buy Netgear Products.

Netgear Company Information