2. Miscellaneous

Netgear

3.5/5 (329 ratings)

About Netgear

Netgear Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netgear?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetGear?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Something must be going on at this company. They are without a doubt one of the worst customer service departments I have ever seen. The head of this department should be let go! The website is horrible when it comes to ordering online. I have been told by no less than 2 employees to go elsewhere to make my purchase. They have earned my 1 star rating, I just wish a 0 Star rating were available. Really sad.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

You will be automatically charged for security every year even when you choose NOT to auto-renew. I called to disable auto-renew, received confirmation and was charged a year later. I called again and it happen the following year. All support options are turned off if you don't pay so you need to call about "new sales" to get your refund and request the auto-renewal be canceled. The entire system is constructed to prevent you from contacting support for any reason and to charge you blindly without recourse. I strong encourage everyone to avoid all Netgear products.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

When I first got the system it was amazing but within a month it stopped working. We had a friend in IT who got it to work again and within two weeks it stopped working again. Now all it is is an obscene trophy to Netgear's crappy product and the $1,200 I wasted buying it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Spent a lot of money buying this -- had problems from the start getting the satellites to connect. Range was not a problem -- worked with customer service twice -- they were no help. Now they are out of the 90 day customer service and want more money to talk. If you want headaches -- buy this product.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Purchased the Netgear C7000v2 at local box store. Summary, do not purchase. The router was not visible to my security devices and Alexa Echo. When I called support the provider's accent made it impossible to communicate problems. They eventually closed the support ticket by telling me to contact the other device's support team. Note, all the devices connected and work without issue with previous Arris router. When I asked to return the product, after three-four days of frustration, they only offered to replace the product. Again, I strongly recommend you do not purchase this product.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I purchased Netgear's Orbi RBR850/RBS850 WiFi6 from Best Buy in December 2020. Once I got everything setup, it worked flawlessly providing excellent Wifi coverage throughout the house and backyard. In mid-September, Netgear rolled out a new firmware and since then, I constantly lose my wifi (and Internet) connections. I placed a call to technical support only to be told that I would need to purchase one of their support packages before a technician would be assigned. First, these devices are not cheap (a little over $700 at the time)! Next, Netgear rolls out a firmware deployment (there is no option to disable automatic firmware updates on these devices) which has caused major issues. Finally, when you call to have them fix what they broke, they charge you. Outrageous!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

My router has been going out for a while and I have been able to survive with shoddy service considering I bought this router a couple of years ago. I had no complaints except that it couldn't cover my whole 600 sq/ft apartment and I had to buy extenders on top of it. NOW, my router is barely working and when I want to look up any information on the app it tells me to go to the website, when I go to the website it tells me to update the firmware while also telling me that it's not possible because every support is expired. Come to find out that if you want any help with your Netgear products the SUPPORT ONLY LASTS 90 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE and that you HAVE TO PAY THEM TO LOGIN AND ADDRESS WHAT IS GOING ON after that point.

For a digital product that theoretically should last a good period of time, there is almost no support that is attainable in the long run, therefore forcing their customers to pay for things that most other products come with. It is laughable how unattainable their support is. It is laughable how they assume that this up-charging is acceptable. I will not be buying another Netgear product. You should not either.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

My Netgear router I purchased just 12 months ago stopped working. I called netgear and they told me that there were environmental issues that were causing my router not to work, Called my Wi-Fi provider who basically laughed at this, but they could fix it if I purchased a technical support plan for 134.00 dollars. Did not do any diagnostic checking to determine anything that could be wrong with router, only interested in selling technical support contracts. Would stay as far away from this company and its products as possible. I see now that there are many other people who have been scammed by this company also.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I bought the Nighthawk x6s. I though I was buying from a good company. I was wrong! I will never buy another one of their routers again. I feel like it is a complete scam!! I paid over 300 dollars for my router and it will not update. I have done all the trouble shooting and everything you could possibly think of. Come to find out I find out the only way to fix the problem is to pay for technical support and have them login and fix it. Wow what a surprise huh? It is a scam so that no matter what you do you have to pay them even more money for something you bought was completely their fault to begin with. They do it on purpose so they can make a lot more money. Do not buy Netgear because you're buying a product that is brand new that is already set up not to work properly as soon as you pull it out of the box! Company Is a SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I won't use a Netgear product again. They are crooks. My Netgear router started losing the Internet 2 months ago. On 9/3/21 a flummoxed techie in India (rooster crowing) raced me through frantic steps for an hour, overriding Norton and entering "unsafe" screens (I got a remote sweep from Norton right after). At the end of the call I mistakenly decided to purchase a one-year contract for $49.99. On 9/6 I emailed Netgear to cancel the contract within the 10-day cancellation period. On 9/12 and 9/13 I phoned Netgear to cancel, and each rep assured me I would get a refund. However, on 9/15 Netgear sent me a strange email saying it would not refund because I had used the contract to get help on 9/3/21. What?! This is an example of how sleazy and unprofessional Netgear is. Get your routers elsewhere.

Netgear Company Information