3.8/5 (236 ratings)

About Mayo Clinic

The Mayo Clinic Diet is a long-term weight management plan that focuses on helping you make sustainable lifestyle changes that lead to weight loss. The plan centers around building positive, healthy habits to help with lifelong weight management. Keep reading to see if the Mayo Clinic Diet is right for you.

Mayo Clinic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayo Clinic?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayo Clinic?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Mayo Clinic is a fine-oiled machine. Mayo's process and systems are extraordinary and impressive. It is what led my husband and I to choose to have his surgery at Mayo over a local doctor. In hindsight, that was a mistake. We were convinced, when talking to the Mayo Clinic doctor, that an orthopedic surgeon (which he was) does the same surgery as a neurosurgeon. Maybe the same surgery, but likely not with the same attention to nerve impact. My husband now has constant neuropathy and discomfort that might not be the case if we'd gone to a neurosurgeon. For those that need back surgery, go to a neurosurgeon.

But we were dazzled by Mayo's excellent intake paperwork, appointments and phone responses -- everything that wraps around Mayo's care. Care: Although the surgery room was impressive, according to my husband, St Mary's hospital felt antiquated and the staff were not able to address my husband's needs during his recovery. One year post surgery the surgeon confirmed that the surgery had been successful and end of story. My husband's neuropathy continues. AND, post-surgery my husband's memory began to fail and has not improved significantly. There are scientific papers on inflammation of the brain post-surgeries. During follow-up conversations, those at Mayo said they had not heard of such a thing.

We returned to Mayo for Neurological testing with the hopes of having a doctor follow my husband and provide treatment. After a week of prodding and poking, the Neurologist provided us with a summary of his diagnosis. When we asked what the next steps would be with him, he looked surprised. He said he was merely there to advise, not to treat, and to return to our PCP for care. What?! Why would we go there if not for treatment? I know there are extraordinary things that come from Mayo Clinic's doctors, research and care. We unfortunately will unlikely return because of our experience there.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I am giving the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville a 5 star rating because the folks that schedule appointments really go out of their way above and beyond to ‘In my case because I live so far away‘ to really try and get in as many needed appointments on that same day and get the most out of our time and long journey while I’m there. The scheduling department at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville are Awesome and great to deal with

RP

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The website says they offer compassionate care to the patient and family members. Well, I’m a family member (the daughter), who drove 4 days across 7 states to get here for mom. I had a lot of questions. The hospice nurse was rude, uncaring, wouldn’t answer questions and didn’t want to listen to me. She started YELLING at me which upset mom, so then I’m crying and the nurse told me to leave. That nurse needs a different job where she doesn’t interact with people. I’m vivid and still upset two days later. My expectation of hospice was different and they definitely are lying on their website about being “compassionate“.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have gone to an enormous amount of doctors trying to get help. I bring records and images to Mayo proving I need help. I know that if my body keeps up like it is going I will not live long. I was denied to be seen. Tell me how this is right? Thanks Mayo for the death sentence, appreciate it. I have a 9 year old that needs me and I’m a single mother. Look what you have done.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

We all need to begin by understanding only the most ill people are sent to the Mayo Clinic. After suffering severe debilitating headaches for over a year and undergoing numerous tests, I was sent to the Mayo Clinic. I was sent a packet of information, which I followed. My oxygen level drops while I wear a mask, as the packet explained, I needed to bring a medical mask exemption, which I did. Upon entering the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, Minnesota we were allowed to enter, but as we stepped onto the elevator, an extremely upset elderly gentleman stuck his hand into the elevator and asked us to leave the building. He exclaimed he had called security to have us removed.

We waited, thinking the next person would be more reasonable, since we had followed the instructions given in the packet, but we were mistaken. It seemed all in charge of allowing entrance to the building, knew nothing about the medical exemption. We were escorted out of the building. We called the "Patient Experience" department. They told us we needed to present the medical exemption, prior to the appointment. We read the "packet" medical exemption information which clearly stated to "bring the medical mask exemption with us".

After driving a day to get to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, we have decided not to return, even if this is the only place to get treatment, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS! The message playing, while I was on hold, stated the Mayo Clinic puts their customer needs as the most important. This is clearly not our experience. As we got back on the bus, the driver let us know there have been several others, who have done exactly what the instructions stated, and were also expelled from the clinic. We don't trust anything they say, once being treated this way, while being so ill.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I have had 3 loved ones pass away because when they were diagnosed with cancer such as lung, kidney and colon. All of them were operated on at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl and told no other treatment was necessary because they had removed all the cancer. THEY WERE CURED!! Six months later cancer was back in all three cases in full force. Stage 4. Please if I can save one person stand up for yourself and demand chemotherapy after surgery to get rid of any cancer that might have gotten in the blood stream. In fact I would go to MD anderson and look into their proton therapy. Let's fight for a cure and figure out why it is becoming an epidemic please.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer 2 years ago and this has devastated me and my family. My local providers recommended watchful waiting until there is distant metastatic disease. I was not satisfied with this. I wanted to be as aggressive as possible to prevent metastatic disease. A friend of mine recommended the Mayo Clinic and I have been a patient there ever since. I received aggressive treatment and I am cancer free now. I am hoping that this treatment will prevent disease reoccurrence. I am currently dealing with the expected side effects of cancer treatment and I continue to get treatment at Mayo for that. I have extremely grateful to Dr **, Dr **, Dr ** and Dr ** for the exceptional care that I received. I am confident that I am getting the best possible treatment in the world.

Original review: July 11, 2022

2021 was a tough year, I was diagnosed with a Heart disease and the Place where I was referred at first just advised me to have my affairs in order, back to my primary Cardiologist and he made some research and ended referred me to Dr.Fred ** (Mayo Clinic) in Jacksonville Florida. That doctor after review my studies interview me online and set a date for a procedure, EVERYONE since the moment we got there was A1 and the team who get you ready before surgery was the reason I went at ease to the procedure and fully confident, I'll be in GREAT HANDS. Doctor ** and Team God bless you and anyone in need for a special medical care I'll recommend go-to Mayo Clinic.. Thanks for a Second chance

Original review: April 27, 2022

Well, all of my previous visits were fine. I would like to 1st say that I have NEVER BEEN mistreated to this degree. My husband and I came in for Surgery in Mid March. Upon arriving at the front desk, I was threatened by the lady and older gentleman. Because I didn’t let her finished her sentence, she threatened to call security. I then asked the older gentleman what I’d done. His words were (YOU TALKED OVER HER,) while she was speaking and then did literally call security. That incident changed everything. It felt AWFUL. But then to make matters worse, the nurse came in to let my husband also PCA to leave, Also making him feel equally uncomfortable by calling security, to watch my husband walkout. It was an AWFUL AWFUL EXPERIENCE! That is now a REASON to Never visit, my now previous Surgeon! Dr. Z! He was my only reason for the visit, because of his Authentic Concern and compassion for his patients!!

Original review: April 8, 2022

Contacted Mayo Clinic about a rare medical condition. I had been warned that they did not believe in sero-negative diagnoses. Asked repeatedly if the medication that I was already on would affect THEIR test results... Don't stop the medication they said... Oh no you are fine they said.... Oh that's right the medication I AM ON WILL MASK THE SYMPTOMS. They went out of their way to say no such thing......

Mayo Clinic Company Information