Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Reviews

About Mayo Clinic

The Mayo Clinic Diet is a long-term weight management plan that focuses on helping you make sustainable lifestyle changes that lead to weight loss. The plan centers around building positive, healthy habits to help with lifelong weight management. Keep reading to see if the Mayo Clinic Diet is right for you.

Mayo Clinic Reviews

Stars Rating

• 11%
  • 3%
  • 1%
  • 3%
  • 82%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayo Clinic?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayo Clinic?
    Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2024

My father was a veteran and he attended UW VA hospital and clinics. He was diagnosed with both autonomic and peripheral neuropathy. He suffered from Agent Orange exposure and he was told to just accept that this was the norm. His condition is continued to progress and worsen over the course of three months. He would eventually begin passing out while sitting up. His blood pressure would drop too low if he sat up for too long. Cognitively, my father was of sound mind and his spirit was strong. His body, not so much. Eventually, enough was enough and we decided to take my father to Mayo ER. It was a five hour drive that I will never forget. Within 48 hours, Mayo clinic had admitted my father, biopsied his nerves and diagnosed him with Amyloidosis. This is not the amyloidosis that is inherited, instead it is a direct consequence of Agent Orange exposure.

Shortly after my father's diagnosis, a very grim prognosis was given but the doctors said there is treatment if it's diagnosed early. Unfortunately, we were too late. My father passed away exactly two weeks after receiving his diagnosis. It was a diagnosis that the UW VA should have made years prior. It only took Mayo 48 hours and unfortunately, my father was not the first case they have seen. My father was a courageous, family oriented, God-fearing man that lived to serve others and he spread so much joy to everyone he met. I have so much gratitude for Mayo simply because they were able to give us answers. My father still lost his life, but I have peace knowing that he finally learned the truth of his disease.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

I have recently had the absolute honor of being a patient at the Mayo Clinic Scottsdale. The care has been outstanding! From Dr. **, Dr. **, Dr. **, the nurses, phlebotomists, support staff, even valet have all been amazing! They don't just care about your physical health but your mental and emotional health as well. The care I have been receiving compared to my previous care at other hospitals has been night and day. I feel truly fortunate to have the Mayo Clinic treating me and performing my two upcoming surgeries. I would strongly recommend them to

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2023

I came to the Mayo very sick... I was automatically greeted with such respect. Dr. **, has the sweetest disposition. He made me feel cared for and was willing to help me find solutions to my problems. I had a surgical procedure that resulted in me getting MRSA from the hospital, and then C. Difficle, that went undiagnosed for months. I had to drive 400 miles to find out such simplistic results and the ramifications of long term C.diff. Dr. ** explained in detail, ways to heal from this bacteria. I want to thank Dr. ** for his professional manner, and true empathy. I have recently tested for C.diff again. I don't trust anyone but this incredible doctor, that who could treat this issue better. Thanks again...

Gregory increased rating by 1 star.
      After a positive interaction with Mayo Clinic, Gregory increased their star rating on Aug. 19, 2023.

Updated review: Aug. 19, 2023

Never mind. All actually seems good. Ultimately, I've had way too many good experiences with Mayo Clinic.

Original Review: Aug. 17, 2023

Been going for years (It's my best option around). Staff seems friendly, but unknowledgeable at times. Rochester is a beautiful city, and overall I think Mayo is a good place. I just wish they weren't so...arrogant(?) Nothing is perfect though.

Staff

Reviewed June 8, 2024

My insurance carrier and my employer had me go to Mayo Rochester for an evaluation. I was diagnosed with a severe hip issue and needed a replacement. Mayo clinic rejected my surgery. It wasn't because I didn't need the surgery, they agreed that I did need it. I was rejected because the procedure was going to be complicated and I would need a special implant, and it would not fall in line with the success rate that they boast about. It was going to skew their success numbers. In short the nurse said it was too complicated and too costly for them to do the surgery. L

Reviewed May 24, 2024

My daughter was in the mayo clinic for mental health. While she was there, she made a suicide attempt. The doctor wanted to release her the next day. I made it clear that I was not comfortable with her being released so soon after a suicide attempt. So they kept her one more day. So they decided 2 days were enough. When I expressed my concerns on her needing to stay longer, I was told by her doctor that there was nothing they could do. The doctor told me she knows copping skills and there's nothing more she can do.

When I told the doctor that I wanted my daughter to stay longer for safety reasons, the doctor threatened me that my insurance wouldn't cover any more and I'd have to pay for it. All the doctor seemed to care about was getting my mentally sick daughter out of there. The doctor seemed to have no care about her safety. I just wanted everyone with mentally ill children to know this before trusting the staff with your child. I did file a complaint with the hospital but I don't know if it will make a difference.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

5 yrs ago I was diagnosed with aggressive cancer. My Mayo surgeon recommended I do all follow-ups with the Mayo Clinic. This yr the Mayo Jacksonville scheduled my follow-up appointments, but when they found out I had a Medicare Advantage Insurance Plan they cancelled my appointments. I offered to self pay the clinic for my appointments, they refused all services because I had an active Medicare Advantage Insurance Plan even if I agreed to self pay.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I am from Denver Colorado. I traveled over 850 miles to visit this so-called world-class provider. I contacted them in early February 2024 to set up an appointment with a Neuro-Surgeon (Dr. Ali **). The first call I had with them we spent 15-20 minutes talking about intake and insurance. I was placed on hold for about 15 minutes to verify my insurance was accepted. The gal I spoke with confirmed it was. I was then directed to open a portal to collect my medical records (there were an excessive amount- particularly MRI scans). I overnighted the MRI discs and uploaded all of the other medical records needed. I was constantly having to check in to make sure they received them and that they were being reviewed to see if the could 'offer' me an appointment.

They called me a little more than 2 weeks, on 3/19/24) saying they had set my appointment with Dr. ** for 4/2. As soon as they notified me I booked my plane tickets. Then they called me 1 day later saying they had made a mistake and that the appointment would have to be changed to 4/3. I told them my plane tickets were already purchased (non-refundable), they would not be flexible and keep the original appointment and they told me I would not be meeting with Dr. **, but a nurse instead. I had to change my ticket. I arrived in Phoenix 4/2. My appointment was on 4/3 at 7:45AM. I arrived at least 30 minutes early and checked in. I sat in the waiting room for at least 40 minutes then someone called me up and said I would have to go to the business office.

I did, a gentleman took me into his office and said, I would have to give them a deposit of $5,500 right there, and that my insurance was not accepted. EXCUSE ME?!! $5,500 to see a nurse? Why are you just telling me this now? I was sent to the Patient Experience Office (which aught to tell you something - that they would even need such a place)! The gal (Casi), while nice, was incredibly unhelpful. She said they tried to call and left me vm's (on 4/1 and 4/2) which I didn't return. Funny thing is, when I showed my incoming phone call log to her, she could not explain why nothing was showing.

I asked that provide me with written and visual documentation that these call were made. She flat out refused, saying "this is private documentation of the hospital!" Okay, yeah right. I have documentation from 4/2 giving me a "good-faith" quote that does not say anything about my insurance not being accepted and it was NOWHERE NEAR THAT $5,500!!!! I traveled a total of 1,700 miles, spent two days off of work and incurred expenses. Now they are going to face a legal problem. These people need to be prosecuted for fraud and extortion. Them being world-class, hardly! I pity you if you are traveling to seek treatment from these miscreants. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO, THIS PLACE IS EPOCHLY HORRIBLE!!!!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed March 19, 2024

For an organization that says it is proud of the quality of its care, and which charges accordingly, they have absolutely the worst blood lab I've ever seen. As bad as it was 2 months ago, it is even worse now. Whoever manages this debacle should be fired. Now. We were told yesterday the wait would be an hour from the appointment time and to go to the next appointment on our list and come back. We were back in 30 minutes but only then did they put us in the queue. And hour and 15 minutes later we still hadn't been called. We left.

At least 2 of the 3 or 4 phlebotomists were acting very inappropriately, like a night at the comedy club while at least 50 people were waiting. The check-in staff is not the least bit helpful but I suppose they can't be blamed much. They must be sick of it, too. To make matters worse, the schedulers don't consider the ridiculous wait times so patients' choices are to sit there and miss other appointments or to keep those appointments and blow off the blood work. The problem with that though is that Mayo refuses to let patients have blood work done somewhere else.

To be clear...this is not a walk-in lab. It is by appointment only and by 10 a.m. or earlier the back-up and wait times are horrible. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this self-created mess. The management should be kicked to the curb and, until this is fixed, scheduling should be adjusted accordingly. I can't believe whoever leads the scheduling group hasn't done so already. That's probably another manager who should be sent packing. Last but not least, if you don't have a big nest egg, go someplace else. Unlike most other clinics, they do not accept Insurance providers' standard payments. Another visit or two and we will have to start paying our balance by credit card and then paying outrageous interest on that balance.

Reviewed March 17, 2024

This place is overrated and full of a bunch of overconfident Drs. that think they are never wrong. I had surgery here and had to have an ileostomy placed. They did a botched job and when I tried to get back in they said I was no longer covered and would have to seek care elsewhere. I went 2 years in severe pain before I could find a surgeon to help because no one wanted to touch the highly prized Mayo Clinic work. They only care about you if you have lots of money or they will leave you high and dry!

Sharon

Your review statement is 100% accurate.

Mayo Clinic Company Information