It's that easy Request Information
4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Beachside Rehab, we pride ourselves on providing superior patient care, while still offering some of the most affordable treatment plans in Florida. Situated on the serene Hutchison Island, our facilities offer the seclusion and peaceful environment necessary to begin the journey of recovery.

Our programs take a holistic approach to recovery; along with supporting the proven 12-step program, we offer a nutrition and fitness program to ensure patients have an overall improved level of physical and mental health. With our high success rate, we’re confident that our qualified staff can assist with any and all needs for our clients and their families

View More View More

42 Beachside Rehab Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 6, 2019

Checking in at Beachside Rehab was a long deal. It seemed like it went on and on but it had to be done and I was accommodated and communicated with. It was cold though and the beds were horrible but it was treatment, so I couldn’t expect everything to be perfect. Other than that, they have an outstanding staff. Although there was not enough of them and they were overworked, they were very accommodating. Beachside exposed me to a lot of things like meditation, yoga and binaural sounds. These were very revealing and helpful. I had never experienced these before and I still do them to this day. It was a good treatment and I’ve been clean since I left there.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Beachside has a good website and their name made it seem like they're a top of the line place. When I first went there, I wasn't satisfied because of the type of place that it is. But I wasn't in my right mindset at that time as well. Then ever since I've been sober, I'm satisfied. The techs were really great. Beachside is a good place to get one to start rehab.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

When I googled luxury rehab, Beachside was the first one that came up. I checked it out and compared the other ones as well. I had been speaking with Derek regarding admissions five months before I decided to make that jump and that change. Beachside has a service that picks people up, but I don’t know if I wasn’t offered that so I ended up taking an Uber. The check-in process was fine, except they’ve lost a few of my things in the midst. I needed a few days to rest and get my mind together before I could attend group sessions, and they allowed me to have that so I appreciate that. I had been at one other similar place before and that place was a dump compared to Beachside.

The interaction I had with their staff was great, except for my therapist. He couldn’t put himself in my shoes and my current situation. I made the mistake of giving him access to speak with my family and my attorney, and I just felt like he was trying to persuade people to persuade me which I didn’t appreciate. I have respect for the guy because I know he just wants the best for me, but it felt that gave him the power to just go and do those sort of things.

I’m back using a bit and I didn't get too much strength going forward to stay to clean here at Beachside compared to the other state-based program that I was at. But as far as the education and their curriculum, I learned a lot more. But at the same time, I stayed sober longer after the last program I was at and that has to do with my spiritual beliefs and my faith. But their food was great. I also enjoyed my time at Beachside and I was happy overall. Everyone was really nice and helpful. The experience was educational and I wish I had stayed longer. I had a court case that I needed to get back up here for but I wish I had made arrangements to come back and do the outpatient aftercare program because I like Beachside, including the place and the way that they operated.

Original review: March 17, 2018

My experience in Beachside Rehab was more of a personal journey. It gave me the tools I needed to understand that I was heading down the wrong path and what I could do to change it. I’m pretty young so I foresaw what could happen to me in the future if I didn’t change my ways. However, there could have been more information given upon arrival that could have helped me get oriented even faster. The main things and the educational stuff were well-described, but there were things that weren’t laid out and you would only learn as you go from the other clients. One example would be the dress code. I have brought a bunch of things with me that were kept with me and I would have worn them the next day had I not taken upon myself to read the handbook.

There were also a couple of things that we, as clients, felt unhappy about and it seemed like not a lot was done to change them. I understood when they took away morning meditation. It was a matter of staff availability. But we had tried to come up with different ways of how to change the schedule or things that we would enjoy more and they were shut down. If we went out of our way to formally present documentation and signatures, seeing that about 99% of people at Beachside believe that we should do this or would really like if this thing was done, it didn’t seem that that was taken into consideration as well. Then we were told that we can file a complaint to get our needs met, but my needs were not met a lot of the time even when I voiced them personally to my therapist. I love Beachside’s staff though. They, together with the other clients, were the ones who helped me settle in more than the ones from the executive level.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I did some research with my wife and we came across a Beachside facility and talked about it. We spoke with the intake person there and it seemed like we fit. It was a nice, beautiful facility. The intake took a long time but the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. I met some great therapists as well and my primary therapist was awesome. I learned a lot there. We have a lot of respect for everybody who worked at that facility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachside Rehab?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My son wanted to go back to Beachside in Fort Pierce earlier this year as he was there in 2016. It was no longer in my plan and Derek helped me negotiate a price for my son's admission. I paid $7500 on a credit card to get him off the street but they never sent me a contract like they had the year prior. Within a day my son wanted to leave and I didn't know that if he left before 48 hours I would get my money back. I actually had staff texting me on a Saturday to tell me to convince my son to stay. When he couldn't take any more on Monday they wouldn't refund me any money and now I had to pay an attorney because our rights were violated.

Imelda ** refused to take my call or call me back. Mind you he was in the area when he went there and there were plenty of open beds so it's not like he took a bed from someone or they bought food for him. I was on a unpaid family leave at this time to care for my dying mom. This place turned out to be very deceitful. My son was under the influence of new meds which were switched a few times leading up to this and intoxicated and they had him sign a financial consent with my money! Criminal!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I live in Florida and Beachside Rehab is near to my home. Everybody was very friendly including their staff during my first time at IOP and they made me feel right at home when I walked in the door. When I first met them, they were down to earth and I liked them. They’ve taught me a lot and I love them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I went through Beachside several years ago. It was a life changing experience in so many ways. I met staff who truly cared about me and treated me as family. The facilities were great as well and it was across the street from the beach which was nice. The after care they provided also helped me get a start on life and build a very solid foundation in my recovery which is still in place today. I will be forever grateful for everything they did and continue to do for me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The person I dealt with to find a rehab facility found Beachside Rehab. I went into the place apprehensive and not knowing what to expect but I was made to feel comfortable and right at home from day one. All the people who run the meetings made me feel comfortable and everybody was helpful. Staton who runs the rehab was great and Miguel who did my rehab program was very good. Going into the program, I felt I'd be looked down upon since all the people running the facility and did the meetings are college graduates. But I was pleased to find out that a lot of them had been through the same things that everybody in the room was going through, had been through rehabs, and had their own problems in the past. The experience has been very good, especially with the staff, and it's very helpful for me in post-treatment.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I was in detox and was set up to go to a different place but it didn’t work out. Beachside accepted me last minute. That’s where I ended up going which I was very thankful for. It was kind of a lot to take in but it wasn’t their fault. It was just a change. But everything was really well organized. When we got to the house, I was blown away by how beautiful the home was and the rooms, etc. So it was great. I’ve been to several rehabs before and this is by far the best on many different levels. Everybody was extremely nice and very welcoming. Cynthia, one of the techs, was so sweet and very comforting.

During my first few days, I had a panic attack about everything going on. The therapists made themselves available to me, sat me down and calmed me down. They’re very caring and sweet. The groups there and the therapists there were better than I have ever experienced before. As far as the different kinds of groups, it wasn’t like information overload or information that I didn’t find useful. They presented a whole lot of information to me that has been very helpful. The different specialists who they brought in also had a really positive effect on me such as the psychodramatist, the nutritionist, etc. There was one staff member in particular who we as a client felt sort of offended by her. But she either quit or was terminated while I was there. We reported it and was taken care of.

The only issue that I have as of now which I’m trying to get worked out with them was a breach in my insurance while I was there. And they polished it and promised me that I wouldn’t be sent a bill. I was going to leave if that was going to be the case. And I received a $7,000 bill. But other than that, the treatment experience was phenomenal. It was the best treatment I’ve ever received and it has helped me with the follow through on staying sober.

Beachside Rehab expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Beachside Rehab is a private rehabilitation facility that is located on the tropical Hutchinson Island in south Florida. They provide treatment services for drug and alcohol abuse, and their location, surrounded by state parks and preserves, helps patients feel at ease during their treatment period.

• Location: Beachside Rehab is located in a serene environment, with an abundance of natural beauty for patients to enjoy as they work through their treatment program. Patients can also enjoy the soothing surf of the beach. The discreet location allows patients to focus on recovery without the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

• Community: Patients at Beachside Rehab find in each other like-minded individuals who are working toward the same goal of living a healthy life, free from addiction. There are many activities that allow patients to form a community, which can aid in the recovery process.

• Renovated living quarters: Beachside Rehab’s living quarters have been recently renovated to give patients all the comforts of home while they work through their treatment plan. Accommodations include bedroom, living area and kitchen.

• Activities: Beachside Rehab offers a variety of activities that help patients feel their best, including deep sea fishing, yoga, kayaking, ocean meditation, bonfires, beach walks, horseback riding and more.

• Nutrition: Beachside Rehab is committed to educating their patients to live life to the fullest during treatment and after they leave, including nutrition education. They have a licensed nutritionist on hand to counsel patients with specific dietary needs.

• Best for: Beachside Rehab is best for anyone looking for a secluded rehabilitation center.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Beachside Rehab Company Information