1.90/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

England Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

England Furniture Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

(I feel my local St. Michael's furniture store is just about as much to blame.) After being told by my local furniture store how great England’s warranty was, about 6 months after purchase we already needed to put that to the test. I has some small holes in our fabric. Not a lot but enough to concern myself with. First I was told by England that it looked like a dog did it. I don’t have a dog! Then they said they would only send fabric since it was an issue they hadn’t seen before. I’ve never heard of a warranty only covering previously seen issues. In the end the piece they sent fabric for now looks different as the fabric is different. Nothing else will be done! $4500 sectional now looks like crap and is mismatched... Crappy service, and crappy product! NEVER again!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased an England couch 3 mo ago, and the cushions are "pilling" badly. The store where I purchased it will do nothing. I have shaved it and within a few days, it's just as bad. Cushions slide out, the whole things is disgusting. Looks like something I picked up off the street curb. I'm sick about it. It will be a long time before I can afford another couch...

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My wife and I bought an England sectional, in 2016. Shortly after receiving it, we noticed the cushions we balling up. What I mean to say is, the tops of each cushion, there were bb size balls of fabric. This only seemed to get worse, over time. We have even considered getting a fabric shaver, in order to relieve the issue. When I called to make a claim, I was told that this issue is not covered. I will NEVER buy England furniture, again!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Assured by four furniture stores that England was a quality furniture maker owned by La-Z-Boy. $3500.00 and a reasonable 30 days later my sofa and chair were delivered without the decorative nails/tacks, a back cushion 1.5" shorter than the other two back cushions on the three cushion sofa, back cushions attached so high on the back of the sofa frame that the cushion bottom bowed upwards and did not meet the seat cushions. Leather was stretched improperly with no smoothing so there were large wrinkles to force fit the frame. There was a scuff and tear in the leather. I suppose that could be from England or the transport or the delivery. No one is accepting responsibility. My furniture store sent an England repairman out to assess the issues. He quietly contemplated it, took pictures and said he would not attempt to repair the furniture as it would take too long to fix it. Mind you this is brand new unused furniture.

My furniture store said England would not allow them to return it. They re-ordered another set assuring me England was a good company. Another 30 days passed and the new set arrives. This time it has the decorative nails/tacks (yay!) but the same improper stretching and wrinkling of the leather to force fit the frame, back cushions bowed with too high attachment to the back frame so that the zipper welt can be seen where the back cushions do not meet the seat cushions. One back cushion is sewn on with a lean, one squared corner and one very rounded corner as though they ran out of leather. And, another scrape on the leather. Even the delivery men were astounded and took pictures. Not believing both sets passed quality control I attempted contacting England. I could not find contact info online.

Next, I contacted La-Z-Boy and was given a Case number and was requested to write up my issues and send pictures. I sent pictures of both sets of furniture with my written issues. It has been 2 weeks and all I know is that my case is "in review" and repairs will have to be paid for. DO WHAT? DID I READ THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPLY CORRECTLY? I have to pay for repairs to brand new furniture that their warranty covers? I am astounded.

THIS IS A WARNING TO FURNITURE BUYERS. I am seriously considering driving the 2 hours to Murfreesboro, TN to La-Z-Boy Headquarters and creating a media sensation at the front entrance. If that does not get response I plan to buy stock and take my story and pictures to a stockholders meeting. Surely stockholders will not let England continue making shabby leather furniture. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! ENGLAND FURNITURE IS AWFUL. THEY DO NOT honor their warranty on workmanship and their parent company (La-Z-Boy) supports them in this. Shame on them! Shame on them!

Original review: June 2, 2018

We purchased two England "motion chair" recliners (ENGLAN1930-31R) that were delivered in March. Quality control on the fabric construction is extremely poor. One chair arrived with a nail poking through the back and with frayed material exposed where there should have been more fabric available to be tucked under the leg. Now, I find that the front of the cushion is split. As one reviewer said, we do not have children, we are not rough on our furniture (had an Ethan Allen sofa for 17 years with no defects whatsoever), and our pets do not jump on the furniture. This is obviously a design flaw. The fabric is stretched when the recliner is returned to an upright position and the welt is caught under the leg rest. I can see that this same thing is going to happen with the second chair.

The chairs are comfortable and we would truly like them if the upholstering had been designed and done correctly. The furniture store has been very responsive and will be sending us a new seat cushion in 6 to 8 weeks. Once it arrives, we will have to wait another 3 weeks for the technician to come out. Paying a $1,000 a chair for the best product in the store, I expected the chairs to arrive undamaged and to hold up longer than three months. Although warrantied for one year, it is a hassle to have to deal with problems that should have never occurred. I have purchased extra fabric for when the warranty runs out, and I will undoubtedly need to have a repair made by my local upholster. Of course, it will be at my expense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

Original review: April 13, 2018

After spending over 1500.00 for a England sofa, I am EXTREMELY upset about the quality of the fabric. It is only 4 months old and it looks like it is years and years old. I wish I had read reviews about this company before making this purchase. I would have been much better off going to Big Lots got a 300.00 sofa -- it would be looking better than the poor quality England sofa, which I have now. If you are looking for a sofa which you will LOVE for years to come, please DO NOT buy from England Furniture.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased the Lynette Sectional 6200AL-SECT which is all leather in March of 2015. England's warranty is for one year no matter the fabric. In 2017, the seat cushions started ripping at the seams. Definitely, a manufacturer defect. This is under standard use by two adults. I contacted the England and after 3 months of poor customer service (no one in the office, no one available for escalation, limited responses by email) I learned that England would not assist at all in repair of the cushions. When you purchase an all leather sectional the expectation is that it will last longer than two and half years. If it doesn't you expect the company to reputable enough to recognize the design flaw and correct the mistake. I will not purchase from England again. Poor purchase, poor warranty, poor customer service.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I love my 82-50 so much. Love the comfort and that the conscious are wearing so well! The Springs really help with them keeping their shape! I love England even more than my La-Z-Boy and now can't wait to redo the basement with some of their furniture as well!

Original review: March 11, 2018

Our sofa has a 7 year warranty. It was purchased four years ago from Oak Factory Furniture in Nicholasville, KY. In the past four years we have had to have the recliner pulls replaced five times. They both need replacing again! I called the retail dealer just after Christmas 2017 and was told they would get the parts ordered and get their repairman out to fix the problem. A month passed and I called again to be told the wrong parts had come in. I waited another two weeks and called again, only to be told the wrong parts had again come in.

I called again two weeks later and was told the parts were with the repairman but he needed $75.00 to make the repairs. This was the first time a charge had been mentioned to me. I told the representative to just mail the parts and we would install them ourselves. This was on March 2, 2018. Today is March 10, 2018 and the parts are still not here. The customer service for this retail business is very poor to say the least. I paid $2500 for the sofa and expected better quality, especially since I was told the manufacturer was part of La-Z-Boy Industries. I will never buy from this retailer again and probably not from England Furniture.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchased an England recliner Model 410 and a chair with ottoman Model 4354. Based my purchase off of the showroom models. Do not special order any piece of their furniture! If you proceed with a purchase - purchase only what you can sit on in the showroom. My experience - showroom and special order are drastically different. This company has significant quality issues. Take the time to read the reviews. I didn't, I made the mistake of associating the name of a long standing local furniture store with the quality of the brands they sell. Dealers who sell England are not doing their due diligence and are just as culpable as the company in ripping you off. No it is not the same quality as La-Z-Boy, they were just purchased by La-Z-Boy. Their recliner is downright dangerous as it can trap you in a reclined position and you run the risk of face planting trying to get out.

The recliner I received has a seat cushion that has the tilt of a desk chair - pitching you forward and not the tilt of a comfort chair that pitches you back. Even if you don't use the recline feature - you are constantly having to push yourself back into the seat of the chair because of that tilt. The dealer I made my purchase from told me that I have to break the chair in to get the tilt to change. We moved the recliner to the basement to avoid breaking a bone and after sitting 3 months with 8 bags of rock salt on it to break it in - the tilt has only change one half inch. The other problem - with the wrong tilt your arms never touch the armrest until you reach your wrist. Uncomfortable all the way around. The chair I ordered with the ottoman - the chair cushion towers 3 inches about the ottoman. Check chair ergonomics - they should be the same.

The wrong tilt on the recliner and the too high cushion on the one chair - I think are England's way of trying to hide the fact that they are cutting corners on batting and foam quality in seats and cushions. When we sit in the 4354 chair - we roll into a gap along the arm - England uses a "scrap" strap to hook the last spring on each side to the frame. According to them the location doesn't matter - so they won't repair under warranty to line them up. I have one side with a strap in the middle and one with a strap in the front.

The side with the strap in the front rolls us into the arm on that side. The coil springs they brag so much about - one is installed at an angle, it is crooked. They say that is within their standards - again straightening it is not covered under warranty. Obviously their standards are questionable. I paid $2,000 for these two chairs 6 months ago and just tossed them into a dumpster. This company and any dealer who sells it is stealing the comfort of your room from you.

England Furniture Company Information