England Furniture

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?
    StaffEase of Use

Reviewed April 9, 2022

I purchased a 4 piece sectional from Lake Effect Furniture and Mattress. The product I pick out was shown in the showroom but the configuration didn't work for my space. The team at Lake Effect helped me configure it to my dimensions. Since I was changing the configuration I was able to completely customize the product! It was well worth the wait, I've been sitting on the product for about a year and it still looks brand new. I have had no issue and I'm extremely happy with my England Furniture purchase!

Reviewed March 24, 2022

I bought a sectional couch in 2016 from a store in Big Bear Lake, Ca and in 2019 noticed the cushions were not holding up and no one wants to sit on my couch now. Total support is gone. I have all my paperwork with a 10 year warranty on the cushions and I want the company to replace my cushions and I cannot seem to get thru to them. This sofa was very expensive and I would like some help please.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Purchased Queen aerobed about 7 years ago. Bed will no longer hold air or blow up. No 800#, only can contact them via email. Can't by parts or get service through them, you must go back to store where you bought product from. Never had a company that had no parts or service through them. I explained the company I bought sofa from went out of business, they said, "Find another company that sells our product." Did you ever get such a runaround from a company. Terrible company, do not deal with this company.

Coverage

Reviewed June 22, 2021

We bought 2 chairs only 3 years ago. The mechanism is not working properly on one. The springs are poking through on the back of one and the seat cushion is worn on one. England will only cover the mechanism and the seat cushion - NO labor. We paid over $800 each for these chairs. We do not have pets or children - only the two of us. The chairs are not abused. Very, very disappointed in having to pay MORE for these chairs.

Reviewed May 17, 2021

We purchased a sectional from a local store in Wisconsin. From day one the cushions never fit together properly. They have huge gaps in between them and are really loose...in other words, they do not fit together nice and tight. They also move around all over the place and you have to constantly adjust them. We have had them replaced three times and the fourth time, the sectional was sent back to the manufacturer in Tennessee to have repaired. They did NOTHING to remedy the situation and only put new casings in the cushions, nothing else. Why take the whole sectional back then if all you are going to do is replace the casings in the cushions. Very disappointed as this was custom made and we are getting nowhere. Stay clear from ordering from this company!

Reviewed May 3, 2021

I bought an England Furniture sectional 5 months ago and it already looks worn. Cushions are not holding its shape. The cuddler seat cushion is sinking. Fabric balling up. I have contacted the place we purchased it from. So far nothing has happened to resolve. I have provided pictures and they agree there is a major issue. We will see if they will honor their warranty. I will not be purchasing their products again.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2021

I bought an England Furniture Co, recliner in August 2018. The back of the recliner began to bend away from the base until the chair was unusable by Feb 2020. I called the store that sold me the chair. The salesman said "no problem, the chair is warranted. I'll have someone pick it up, we'll get it repaired and get it back to you."

We didn't get the chair back for 6 months. It only took 4 months for the chair to have the exact same problem I had the 1st time. It's a design flaw. I called the store again and asked that the chair be replaced with a chair of equal value, but different design. The salesman agreed, but who knows how long it will take? In the meantime, we're without a much needed chair.

I attempted to contact the mfgr about the issue, but they don't want to hear anything from customers about design flaws, I'm supposed to deal with the guy who sold the chair to me. This is supposed to be a La-Z-Boy company. If it is, La-Z-Boy is going to lose customers. My advice is "Don't buy England Furniture Co. furniture. It's junk."

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2020

Not only do I own pieces of England myself, my parents own England, and my grandparents own England! I sell furniture full time and this is hands down my favorite product to show. Most reviews I see here people are having issues with the store they got it from being unwilling to help. When I call my England rep on the rare occasion we ever have an issue, it’s resolved very very quickly. I have the 1435RLS Monroe all leather sofa and it’s BEAUTIFUL! I chose a deep gray color and paired it with the 3C00-69 Jakson swivel chair in a patterned fabric. These items came quickly and they’re so well made! I bought this set out of all of the options we have in my store because I expect this furniture to last me for a very very long time. Thank you to my rep Garrett for giving me the ability to be proud of this product.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2020

If anyone tells you that England Furniture is good quality, RUN! My husband and I purchased a sofa, loveseat & chair (custom order) last November. When it came in it was beautiful. Approximately 3 months later it looked like a 10 year old set - fabric was pilling & stretched so there were wrinkles all the time on the back of the chair & the sofa - it is just the two of us in our home so it is not due to overuse. When I contacted the store where I purchased it the first time - I was told that they would be in touch - due to Covid nothing was happening & I understood.

However when I stopped at the store in May, they had no record of my issue so we started from scratch, photos and everything - finally in November of this year a rep came to my home to take a report. When I called the store to find out how they would fix this issue now that they knew the furniture did have issues - I was told "we are ordering replacement parts". I lost it and said, "What are you talking about? This is a quality and construction issue." The response was ENGLAND doesn't refund - they repair. Disgusted as this policy was never relayed to me until I started calling and asking for them to make it right. Run very fast!!

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2020

I purchased a Monroe sofa and love seat from Moore’s furniture in Limerick Pa. The cushions on both pieces are too tight. When you sit on one section all the other cushions pop up. I reported to the store and after their repair person took pictures and agreed there is a problem he gave it to a woman named Tressy. She called me today and basically said that England Furniture says it’s not a manufacturing error and that a lot of their sofas do that. Really!! I am so angry that they basically will not do anything about it.So I basically am stuck with the furniture!!

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

We ordered a love seat, chair and ottoman from Dunk & Bright in Syracuse, November of 2019. The furniture arrived a week before Christmas. We were very surprised how poorly put together it was and contacted the store who sent out an inspector. He confirmed our feelings and Dunk & Bright ordered us a new set. The exchange happened 2 months later as it all had to be built again. There is obviously no quality control at the factory because the second set was even worse. It is also plain to see that the England Furniture Company really doesn't care or they would have done what was necessary to remedy the situation. Dunk & Bright sent out another furniture inspector who again confirmed our findings. This time Dunk & Bright scheduled a repair with Furniture King of Syracuse. They did an exceptional job. Thanks to Dunk & Bright and Furniture King. England... don't buy it.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2020

The England sectional sofa we purchased had several flaws, the most serious being the two pieces do not fit together properly leaving a wide, inconsistent gap. also the legs of the two pieces, which should line up with each other, are off by 1.5 inches. After several visits for repairs it still is not satisfactory. The store MI Hometown Furnishings in Lowell, MI and England will not replaced or offer a credit. We were even persuaded into the extended warranty. Totally disappointing by the poor quality and lack of service after the sale.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a small sectional with ottoman, the quality is horrible, I have a cushion where piping has a hole, I have loose stitching, and a cushion that is twisted, I was also told ottoman would be 1 to 2 inches lower than sofa and it's more like 6". As soon as I reported them to Better Business all communication stopped and now they will do nothing, I emailed them and they are ignoring my emails. I paid for quality and didn't get it. I will never purchase their furniture, nor will I ever shop at Gavigan's.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2020

We paid more than we usually do for furniture because I expected with the England name, it would last a very long time. We purchased furniture prior to moving into new home so it was several months before we actually used it. Long story short... It's been nothing but trouble. Repairman has been out three times now to replace, fix, screw, glue the bracing boards under sofa. They break everytime more than one person sits on sofa. I'm 50 years old, I've never had furniture break. I'm not satisfied with quality or how we've been handled. I'm done with this company. Never will buy anything from them again. Btw, repairman said he has a full-time job fixing England furniture, it's not built as well as people think.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2020

Couch looked nice on day 1. Frame now shakes and is not sturdy, fabric is pilling like mad with fuzzballs everywhere and the cushioning in the couch is no longer comfortable. THIS SET ONLY MAINTAINED ITS INTEGRITY FOR 9 MONTHS! Not worth what we paid at all when looking at comparable couches our friends have purchased. England sells you on their "Made In America" slogan, but this feels like nothing more than cheap Chinese furniture.

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2019

We purchased a sofa and loveseat almost 10 years ago from England Furniture through a local store. We picked the reclining sofa and reclining loveseat. 8 cats and 4 dogs later this furniture has held up better than any we have had. The mechanics to recline have worked beautifully and no problems. We are now looking to buy a new set for a second home. Love this furniture!

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased a custom 2 piece sectional through a dealer in Elk River Minnesota. I will not deny that it is a quality piece of furniture but the craftsmanship is something to be desired. Each piece of this unit although the same, appears to have been built by two different employees where one piece looks nearly perfect and the other looks sloppily done. This sectional sits in the middle of the upper level living room so the backs are exposed and not up toward a wall. The back material on my so called sloppy piece looks saggy and the frame boards make an impression in the material so the back does not look smooth and flat giving it an untidy look. I had high expectations of this manufacturer since I paid nearly $3,000.00 for this unit and needless to say I am very disappointed and are looking forward to putting this sectional in the lower level family where there it will be against a wall and the backs unseen.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2019

I have been selling England for 29 years and have had very few problems. When I have England has always solved them in a timely manner. I feel a lot of these reviews are negative because the company that sold the sofa is not honoring England's warranty. They are good quality at a good price point.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

First time buying this brand of furniture and we just love it! It is very well made and sturdy. Comfortable to sit and relax on. The glider loveseat is awesome! Glides smoothly. The fabric is well made. We chose a fabric that was durable and somewhat a heavy weight fabric. One big cushion on both which is great because you don’t have a seam in the middle to deal with. Cushion on thick in size too. Looks like it will hold up for many years to come. The free pillows that came with the set was awesome too! We got them to match the fabric of the sofa. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 27, 2019

We purchased an England sofa called Desire Mushroom, like a camel color, from Bob Mills Furniture in Oklahoma City in June and it was delivered yesterday, July 26. We special ordered it for the frame and cushion coils to be added, they said it would take 21-28 days and it did. So far everything looks superb and very well made. The fabric we chose doesn't look like it will pill but only time will tell. It has the small brads on the arms and large ones going across the bottom, looks well done. This sofa doesn't have the loose back cushions, it is all one piece. The extra coils in the cushions make it very firm which is what we needed to help us get up off the couch lol, we are middle aged. After some time passes I will write another review on the sofa. This is our first time to buy England Furniture. We are hoping it will serve us for many many years.

Reviewed July 5, 2019

We bought 2 recliners, one is used a lot the other rarely. The reclining mechanism has sharp edges and has cut up the bottom of the cushion on the one used a lot. The other chair has small cuts from the mechanism. Contacted manufacturer. They refused to fix (manufacturer defect), said out of 1 year warranty. Won't buy their furniture again, poor manufacturing and won't stand by their workmanship.

Reviewed June 28, 2019

I adore the England Furniture brand. High quality pieces I expect to last me for 10-15+. Good frame, upgraded cushions, incredible product. It took less than the 21 days to get to me. For custom furniture!! I am very happy with my purchase and am disappointed that there are so few reviews on here!

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Average quality product from Heritage Furniture Trenton Ontario. I purchased this sofa 2 years ago. When it was delivered I noticed that the back of it was crooked. The left side was higher than the right side. I called and complained and they picked it up and returned it a few weeks later. It is somewhat better but still not perfect. I paid 1600$ for this sofa. Now the fabric is pilling badly. I live alone and no pets. This sofa has had minimal usage and already the fabric shows wear. I called again and they said that they would send someone to shave the fabric. The sofa is comfortable to sit and lie on but the quality sucks!!! I won't buy an England item again!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2019

My husband and I purchased a sectional with three accent chairs. We live hard on our furniture as we have three teenagers and two dogs. I find it funny when I read some of these reviews on here where people say they don't let their pets on the furniture... Really? People need to understand that this is furniture not concrete. Fabrics will wrinkle from time to time as well as stretch. Our furniture has not only held up but the quality is great. Our sectional has foam backs which maintains its shape. Not only will I buy from England again but I am telling all of my friends to do the same. Lifelong customer!!!

Customer ServiceCoverageOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a lovely couch in July of 2018. I have purchased England couches before and was satisfied. After owning the couch for only a little over 3 months the material started pilling. My Mom became sick and I was just now able to call the dealer and complain. I live in a small town of Eden and have always purchased my couches from there. BUY LOCAL is what I believe in. They are wonderful people and have been a pleasure to work with. To understand this couch was very seldom sat on. It is in my living room. We also have a family room. I am probably the only one who sits in there. The pilling is VERY noticeable. After only 3 months and is just getting worse. I believe it is more than just pilling since it is so fuzzy and snaggy.

Also one of the selling points was that the fabric was guaranteed for one year. We even discussed the quality of the material in length before I purchased and I was told the fabric was guaranteed for 1 year. Not sure what the guarantee covers. If you go to their website you will see under warranty that it doesn't cover much. I was told to go buy a little gadget for $10 that will help remove the pilling. The area in which I am speaking of is so large It would take forever. I am extremely dissatisfied with the dealer and after being a customer of this store for so many years I am also surprised I received no satisfaction. I will never purchase an England again.

Coverage

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2019

(I feel my local St. Michael's furniture store is just about as much to blame.) After being told by my local furniture store how great England’s warranty was, about 6 months after purchase we already needed to put that to the test. I has some small holes in our fabric. Not a lot but enough to concern myself with. First I was told by England that it looked like a dog did it. I don’t have a dog! Then they said they would only send fabric since it was an issue they hadn’t seen before. I’ve never heard of a warranty only covering previously seen issues. In the end the piece they sent fabric for now looks different as the fabric is different. Nothing else will be done! $4500 sectional now looks like crap and is mismatched... Crappy service, and crappy product! NEVER again!

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased an England couch 3 mo ago, and the cushions are "pilling" badly. The store where I purchased it will do nothing. I have shaved it and within a few days, it's just as bad. Cushions slide out, the whole things is disgusting. Looks like something I picked up off the street curb. I'm sick about it. It will be a long time before I can afford another couch...

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2018

My wife and I bought an England sectional, in 2016. Shortly after receiving it, we noticed the cushions we balling up. What I mean to say is, the tops of each cushion, there were bb size balls of fabric. This only seemed to get worse, over time. We have even considered getting a fabric shaver, in order to relieve the issue. When I called to make a claim, I was told that this issue is not covered. I will NEVER buy England furniture, again!!!

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Assured by four furniture stores that England was a quality furniture maker owned by La-Z-Boy. $3500.00 and a reasonable 30 days later my sofa and chair were delivered without the decorative nails/tacks, a back cushion 1.5" shorter than the other two back cushions on the three cushion sofa, back cushions attached so high on the back of the sofa frame that the cushion bottom bowed upwards and did not meet the seat cushions. Leather was stretched improperly with no smoothing so there were large wrinkles to force fit the frame. There was a scuff and tear in the leather. I suppose that could be from England or the transport or the delivery. No one is accepting responsibility. My furniture store sent an England repairman out to assess the issues. He quietly contemplated it, took pictures and said he would not attempt to repair the furniture as it would take too long to fix it. Mind you this is brand new unused furniture.

My furniture store said England would not allow them to return it. They re-ordered another set assuring me England was a good company. Another 30 days passed and the new set arrives. This time it has the decorative nails/tacks (yay!) but the same improper stretching and wrinkling of the leather to force fit the frame, back cushions bowed with too high attachment to the back frame so that the zipper welt can be seen where the back cushions do not meet the seat cushions. One back cushion is sewn on with a lean, one squared corner and one very rounded corner as though they ran out of leather. And, another scrape on the leather. Even the delivery men were astounded and took pictures. Not believing both sets passed quality control I attempted contacting England. I could not find contact info online.

Next, I contacted La-Z-Boy and was given a Case number and was requested to write up my issues and send pictures. I sent pictures of both sets of furniture with my written issues. It has been 2 weeks and all I know is that my case is "in review" and repairs will have to be paid for. DO WHAT? DID I READ THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPLY CORRECTLY? I have to pay for repairs to brand new furniture that their warranty covers? I am astounded.

THIS IS A WARNING TO FURNITURE BUYERS. I am seriously considering driving the 2 hours to Murfreesboro, TN to La-Z-Boy Headquarters and creating a media sensation at the front entrance. If that does not get response I plan to buy stock and take my story and pictures to a stockholders meeting. Surely stockholders will not let England continue making shabby leather furniture. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! ENGLAND FURNITURE IS AWFUL. THEY DO NOT honor their warranty on workmanship and their parent company (La-Z-Boy) supports them in this. Shame on them! Shame on them!

Reviewed June 2, 2018

We purchased two England "motion chair" recliners (ENGLAN1930-31R) that were delivered in March. Quality control on the fabric construction is extremely poor. One chair arrived with a nail poking through the back and with frayed material exposed where there should have been more fabric available to be tucked under the leg. Now, I find that the front of the cushion is split. As one reviewer said, we do not have children, we are not rough on our furniture (had an Ethan Allen sofa for 17 years with no defects whatsoever), and our pets do not jump on the furniture. This is obviously a design flaw. The fabric is stretched when the recliner is returned to an upright position and the welt is caught under the leg rest. I can see that this same thing is going to happen with the second chair.

The chairs are comfortable and we would truly like them if the upholstering had been designed and done correctly. The furniture store has been very responsive and will be sending us a new seat cushion in 6 to 8 weeks. Once it arrives, we will have to wait another 3 weeks for the technician to come out. Paying a $1,000 a chair for the best product in the store, I expected the chairs to arrive undamaged and to hold up longer than three months. Although warrantied for one year, it is a hassle to have to deal with problems that should have never occurred. I have purchased extra fabric for when the warranty runs out, and I will undoubtedly need to have a repair made by my local upholster. Of course, it will be at my expense.

England Furniture Company Information