England Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We purchased an England power recliner in Feb. 2016 which we received in March 2016. The upholstery is fading. When I contacted England directly I was told I needed to go through the place of purchase. This took two weeks for someone there to actually send the pictures I had e-mailed as per their request to England. I was told "Nothing can be done. This is normal wear." I would have expected for the price that I paid, that the fabric used on this recliner would have taken much longer than six months to discolor from "normal wear." Also know that only one adult ever sits in this chair and it is not in direct sunlight. I would not recommend this company or any of their products.

We purchased a Jaden 2265 sofa made by England Furniture in January of 2012. The sofa cushions have a fabric top, and vinyl sides and bottom. The vinyl on the front sides of the 3 cushions started to crack and flake off after a couple of years. I looked up the warranty, and it offers a 10-year warranty on the cushions. I emailed the company and was told by a representative that this falls under the 1 year upholstery warranty and that I should contact the dealer to see if there are replacement parts available. They offered absolutely no help in this matter. I replied that I was not going to pay to replace it with something that will fail in another couple of years. Very disappointed in the sofa and the reply from the company.

We like the sofa otherwise, but there is something obviously wrong with the vinyl part of the cushion. The cushions cannot be turned around due to the "wildlife" pattern on the top fabric of the cushion. I will not purchase anything from this company again and would caution anyone else from purchasing their products based on their lack of quality and unwillingness to help out on this problem.

My husband and I purchased a sectional sofa from Blocker's Furniture just over 3 years ago. We were very careful selecting our sofa because we wanted furniture that would be durable as well as beautiful. After $3,000 dollars and 3 years, the fabric on one of the 7 sectionals starting to shred and peel. We went through the furniture store which contacted England who promptly refused to replace the fabric on only one of the 7 pieces stating that we must have damaged it somehow and it is out of warranty after 1 year. It is a section of the couch that is barely used. The frame is also separating from the arm of the couch. In choosing to accept the issues, we asked for the cost of replacement for these two items and we are told that they no longer manufacture this sectional and would not be able to replace either piece.

Please note that after we bought the sofa, we went online to review how to care for the furniture and discovered the numerous complaints about the quality and the flat out refusal of the company to handle their quality issues. We were certainly praying that we would not have any issues with the set...but realistically the number of complaints were consistent and overwhelming. We work hard for our money and this purchase was a HUGE mistake on our part. England Furniture needs to get their Quality Department in order or listen to them. So instead of Buyer Beware!...Please Buyer...Just Don't!

We purchased a sectional from them to fit our living room. After a few years the leather started cracking and coming off. We ordered a new set of covers from the factory and replaced ourselves. Now another set of covers is coming apart. It appears that both sets are going to do the same. We are now in search of another company to purchase 2 more units. 3000.00 wasted.

Less than ten years ago my husband and I bought a Living Room set that included a sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman. We not only loved the color but also the style and the design. What I liked most was the sturdy back built into each piece that made each piece very comfortable. We truly believed it was a quality set. Over the years the cushions and the backs stayed as plump and new looking as the day we bought them but the armrests on all six arms caved in. When we rest out arms on the armrests, our arms are directly on the fabric and wood.

I believe that England which is a La-Z- Boy Company used very defective material to pad the armrests. We called the furniture gallery where we bought the set and they no longer have us on file. I mistakenly believed that our furniture would last at least ten years since we took very good care of it. The quality that I thought England had is not there. I would never buy this brand of furniture again. We didn't plan on buying new furniture just yet but we have to. I'm very particular about things and I'm very embarrassed when my company sits on our furniture. I am going to include photos in a day or two.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

We ordered an England Furniture (owned by La-Z-Boy) 3 piece leather sectional and received it damaged that we ordered from a local furniture company. We contacted our furniture company and England Furniture both and they have not done anything to make it right. England Furniture's leather is awful to begin with because it has a lot of raised lines, visible stretch marks, etc but we received the chaise section's frame had spot that was white, chaise cushion had a small area that had leather missing and a faded line across the chaise cushion from one side to the other.

The center corner top cushions had folds in the leather and one permanent crease I was told by EF customer service on phone to use my hand to wipe it out. And the center corner section's seat cushion had a lot of the raised lines on it that are all throughout the leather but it had way too many. We reported to BBB England Furniture but was contacted by email that they are not members of the BBB. That should tell you something right there.

I purchased an England Furniture Sofa on Dec 19th. Already, the fabric on the cushions is splitting in several places. Obviously, the fabric is really poor (although it seems okay in the store). Now, we are stuck in a cycle of replacing cushions over and over again. The attached back cushions are also starting to have issues. I wish I would have done some research before I bought this. I relied on it being part of Lazyboy.

England Furniture does not list contact information (phone) on their website. I did some research and got a phone number 423 and have left messages with Bill W. (I believe that this is a dummy voice mailbox that no one ever listens to, at least no one calls back). It appears that there is a history of this company selling poor quality products. Hopefully, posting this will help someone else making the same mistake I made. I bought a sofa that is falling apart after two months.

England Furniture Company Profile