2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.8/5 (51 ratings)

About England Furniture

England Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Not only do I own pieces of England myself, my parents own England, and my grandparents own England! I sell furniture full time and this is hands down my favorite product to show. Most reviews I see here people are having issues with the store they got it from being unwilling to help. When I call my England rep on the rare occasion we ever have an issue, it’s resolved very very quickly. I have the 1435RLS Monroe all leather sofa and it’s BEAUTIFUL! I chose a deep gray color and paired it with the 3C00-69 Jakson swivel chair in a patterned fabric. These items came quickly and they’re so well made! I bought this set out of all of the options we have in my store because I expect this furniture to last me for a very very long time. Thank you to my rep Garrett for giving me the ability to be proud of this product.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We bought 2 chairs only 3 years ago. The mechanism is not working properly on one. The springs are poking through on the back of one and the seat cushion is worn on one. England will only cover the mechanism and the seat cushion - NO labor. We paid over $800 each for these chairs. We do not have pets or children - only the two of us. The chairs are not abused. Very, very disappointed in having to pay MORE for these chairs.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

We purchased a sectional from a local store in Wisconsin. From day one the cushions never fit together properly. They have huge gaps in between them and are really loose...in other words, they do not fit together nice and tight. They also move around all over the place and you have to constantly adjust them. We have had them replaced three times and the fourth time, the sectional was sent back to the manufacturer in Tennessee to have repaired. They did NOTHING to remedy the situation and only put new casings in the cushions, nothing else. Why take the whole sectional back then if all you are going to do is replace the casings in the cushions. Very disappointed as this was custom made and we are getting nowhere. Stay clear from ordering from this company!

Original review: May 3, 2021

I bought an England Furniture sectional 5 months ago and it already looks worn. Cushions are not holding its shape. The cuddler seat cushion is sinking. Fabric balling up. I have contacted the place we purchased it from. So far nothing has happened to resolve. I have provided pictures and they agree there is a major issue. We will see if they will honor their warranty. I will not be purchasing their products again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I bought an England Furniture Co, recliner in August 2018. The back of the recliner began to bend away from the base until the chair was unusable by Feb 2020. I called the store that sold me the chair. The salesman said "no problem, the chair is warranted. I'll have someone pick it up, we'll get it repaired and get it back to you."

We didn't get the chair back for 6 months. It only took 4 months for the chair to have the exact same problem I had the 1st time. It's a design flaw. I called the store again and asked that the chair be replaced with a chair of equal value, but different design. The salesman agreed, but who knows how long it will take? In the meantime, we're without a much needed chair.

I attempted to contact the mfgr about the issue, but they don't want to hear anything from customers about design flaws, I'm supposed to deal with the guy who sold the chair to me. This is supposed to be a La-Z-Boy company. If it is, La-Z-Boy is going to lose customers. My advice is "Don't buy England Furniture Co. furniture. It's junk."

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

If anyone tells you that England Furniture is good quality, RUN! My husband and I purchased a sofa, loveseat & chair (custom order) last November. When it came in it was beautiful. Approximately 3 months later it looked like a 10 year old set - fabric was pilling & stretched so there were wrinkles all the time on the back of the chair & the sofa - it is just the two of us in our home so it is not due to overuse. When I contacted the store where I purchased it the first time - I was told that they would be in touch - due to Covid nothing was happening & I understood.

However when I stopped at the store in May, they had no record of my issue so we started from scratch, photos and everything - finally in November of this year a rep came to my home to take a report. When I called the store to find out how they would fix this issue now that they knew the furniture did have issues - I was told "we are ordering replacement parts". I lost it and said, "What are you talking about? This is a quality and construction issue." The response was ENGLAND doesn't refund - they repair. Disgusted as this policy was never relayed to me until I started calling and asking for them to make it right. Run very fast!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I purchased a Monroe sofa and love seat from Moore’s furniture in Limerick Pa. The cushions on both pieces are too tight. When you sit on one section all the other cushions pop up. I reported to the store and after their repair person took pictures and agreed there is a problem he gave it to a woman named Tressy. She called me today and basically said that England Furniture says it’s not a manufacturing error and that a lot of their sofas do that. Really!! I am so angry that they basically will not do anything about it.So I basically am stuck with the furniture!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We ordered a love seat, chair and ottoman from Dunk & Bright in Syracuse, November of 2019. The furniture arrived a week before Christmas. We were very surprised how poorly put together it was and contacted the store who sent out an inspector. He confirmed our feelings and Dunk & Bright ordered us a new set. The exchange happened 2 months later as it all had to be built again. There is obviously no quality control at the factory because the second set was even worse. It is also plain to see that the England Furniture Company really doesn't care or they would have done what was necessary to remedy the situation. Dunk & Bright sent out another furniture inspector who again confirmed our findings. This time Dunk & Bright scheduled a repair with Furniture King of Syracuse. They did an exceptional job. Thanks to Dunk & Bright and Furniture King. England... don't buy it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

The England sectional sofa we purchased had several flaws, the most serious being the two pieces do not fit together properly leaving a wide, inconsistent gap. also the legs of the two pieces, which should line up with each other, are off by 1.5 inches. After several visits for repairs it still is not satisfactory. The store MI Hometown Furnishings in Lowell, MI and England will not replaced or offer a credit. We were even persuaded into the extended warranty. Totally disappointing by the poor quality and lack of service after the sale.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a small sectional with ottoman, the quality is horrible, I have a cushion where piping has a hole, I have loose stitching, and a cushion that is twisted, I was also told ottoman would be 1 to 2 inches lower than sofa and it's more like 6". As soon as I reported them to Better Business all communication stopped and now they will do nothing, I emailed them and they are ignoring my emails. I paid for quality and didn't get it. I will never purchase their furniture, nor will I ever shop at Gavigan's.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

We paid more than we usually do for furniture because I expected with the England name, it would last a very long time. We purchased furniture prior to moving into new home so it was several months before we actually used it. Long story short... It's been nothing but trouble. Repairman has been out three times now to replace, fix, screw, glue the bracing boards under sofa. They break everytime more than one person sits on sofa. I'm 50 years old, I've never had furniture break. I'm not satisfied with quality or how we've been handled. I'm done with this company. Never will buy anything from them again. Btw, repairman said he has a full-time job fixing England furniture, it's not built as well as people think.

England Furniture Company Information