2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

England Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Not only do I own pieces of England myself, my parents own England, and my grandparents own England! I sell furniture full time and this is hands down my favorite product to show. Most reviews I see here people are having issues with the store they got it from being unwilling to help. When I call my England rep on the rare occasion we ever have an issue, it’s resolved very very quickly. I have the 1435RLS Monroe all leather sofa and it’s BEAUTIFUL! I chose a deep gray color and paired it with the 3C00-69 Jakson swivel chair in a patterned fabric. These items came quickly and they’re so well made! I bought this set out of all of the options we have in my store because I expect this furniture to last me for a very very long time. Thank you to my rep Garrett for giving me the ability to be proud of this product.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

If anyone tells you that England Furniture is good quality, RUN! My husband and I purchased a sofa, loveseat & chair (custom order) last November. When it came in it was beautiful. Approximately 3 months later it looked like a 10 year old set - fabric was pilling & stretched so there were wrinkles all the time on the back of the chair & the sofa - it is just the two of us in our home so it is not due to overuse. When I contacted the store where I purchased it the first time - I was told that they would be in touch - due to Covid nothing was happening & I understood.

However when I stopped at the store in May, they had no record of my issue so we started from scratch, photos and everything - finally in November of this year a rep came to my home to take a report. When I called the store to find out how they would fix this issue now that they knew the furniture did have issues - I was told "we are ordering replacement parts". I lost it and said, "What are you talking about? This is a quality and construction issue." The response was ENGLAND doesn't refund - they repair. Disgusted as this policy was never relayed to me until I started calling and asking for them to make it right. Run very fast!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I purchased a Monroe sofa and love seat from Moore’s furniture in Limerick Pa. The cushions on both pieces are too tight. When you sit on one section all the other cushions pop up. I reported to the store and after their repair person took pictures and agreed there is a problem he gave it to a woman named Tressy. She called me today and basically said that England Furniture says it’s not a manufacturing error and that a lot of their sofas do that. Really!! I am so angry that they basically will not do anything about it.So I basically am stuck with the furniture!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We ordered a love seat, chair and ottoman from Dunk & Bright in Syracuse, November of 2019. The furniture arrived a week before Christmas. We were very surprised how poorly put together it was and contacted the store who sent out an inspector. He confirmed our feelings and Dunk & Bright ordered us a new set. The exchange happened 2 months later as it all had to be built again. There is obviously no quality control at the factory because the second set was even worse. It is also plain to see that the England Furniture Company really doesn't care or they would have done what was necessary to remedy the situation. Dunk & Bright sent out another furniture inspector who again confirmed our findings. This time Dunk & Bright scheduled a repair with Furniture King of Syracuse. They did an exceptional job. Thanks to Dunk & Bright and Furniture King. England... don't buy it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

The England sectional sofa we purchased had several flaws, the most serious being the two pieces do not fit together properly leaving a wide, inconsistent gap. also the legs of the two pieces, which should line up with each other, are off by 1.5 inches. After several visits for repairs it still is not satisfactory. The store MI Hometown Furnishings in Lowell, MI and England will not replaced or offer a credit. We were even persuaded into the extended warranty. Totally disappointing by the poor quality and lack of service after the sale.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a small sectional with ottoman, the quality is horrible, I have a cushion where piping has a hole, I have loose stitching, and a cushion that is twisted, I was also told ottoman would be 1 to 2 inches lower than sofa and it's more like 6". As soon as I reported them to Better Business all communication stopped and now they will do nothing, I emailed them and they are ignoring my emails. I paid for quality and didn't get it. I will never purchase their furniture, nor will I ever shop at Gavigan's.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

We paid more than we usually do for furniture because I expected with the England name, it would last a very long time. We purchased furniture prior to moving into new home so it was several months before we actually used it. Long story short... It's been nothing but trouble. Repairman has been out three times now to replace, fix, screw, glue the bracing boards under sofa. They break everytime more than one person sits on sofa. I'm 50 years old, I've never had furniture break. I'm not satisfied with quality or how we've been handled. I'm done with this company. Never will buy anything from them again. Btw, repairman said he has a full-time job fixing England furniture, it's not built as well as people think.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Couch looked nice on day 1. Frame now shakes and is not sturdy, fabric is pilling like mad with fuzzballs everywhere and the cushioning in the couch is no longer comfortable. THIS SET ONLY MAINTAINED ITS INTEGRITY FOR 9 MONTHS! Not worth what we paid at all when looking at comparable couches our friends have purchased. England sells you on their "Made In America" slogan, but this feels like nothing more than cheap Chinese furniture.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

We purchased a sofa and loveseat almost 10 years ago from England Furniture through a local store. We picked the reclining sofa and reclining loveseat. 8 cats and 4 dogs later this furniture has held up better than any we have had. The mechanics to recline have worked beautifully and no problems. We are now looking to buy a new set for a second home. Love this furniture!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased a custom 2 piece sectional through a dealer in Elk River Minnesota. I will not deny that it is a quality piece of furniture but the craftsmanship is something to be desired. Each piece of this unit although the same, appears to have been built by two different employees where one piece looks nearly perfect and the other looks sloppily done. This sectional sits in the middle of the upper level living room so the backs are exposed and not up toward a wall. The back material on my so called sloppy piece looks saggy and the frame boards make an impression in the material so the back does not look smooth and flat giving it an untidy look. I had high expectations of this manufacturer since I paid nearly $3,000.00 for this unit and needless to say I am very disappointed and are looking forward to putting this sectional in the lower level family where there it will be against a wall and the backs unseen.

England Furniture Company Information