2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.81/5

England Furniture Reviews

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

We purchased a sofa and loveseat almost 10 years ago from England Furniture through a local store. We picked the reclining sofa and reclining loveseat. 8 cats and 4 dogs later this furniture has held up better than any we have had. The mechanics to recline have worked beautifully and no problems. We are now looking to buy a new set for a second home. Love this furniture!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been selling England for 29 years and have had very few problems. When I have England has always solved them in a timely manner. I feel a lot of these reviews are negative because the company that sold the sofa is not honoring England's warranty. They are good quality at a good price point.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

First time buying this brand of furniture and we just love it! It is very well made and sturdy. Comfortable to sit and relax on. The glider loveseat is awesome! Glides smoothly. The fabric is well made. We chose a fabric that was durable and somewhat a heavy weight fabric. One big cushion on both which is great because you don’t have a seam in the middle to deal with. Cushion on thick in size too. Looks like it will hold up for many years to come. The free pillows that came with the set was awesome too! We got them to match the fabric of the sofa. I would definitely recommend!

Original review: July 27, 2019

We purchased an England sofa called Desire Mushroom, like a camel color, from Bob Mills Furniture in Oklahoma City in June and it was delivered yesterday, July 26. We special ordered it for the frame and cushion coils to be added, they said it would take 21-28 days and it did. So far everything looks superb and very well made. The fabric we chose doesn't look like it will pill but only time will tell. It has the small brads on the arms and large ones going across the bottom, looks well done. This sofa doesn't have the loose back cushions, it is all one piece. The extra coils in the cushions make it very firm which is what we needed to help us get up off the couch lol, we are middle aged. After some time passes I will write another review on the sofa. This is our first time to buy England Furniture. We are hoping it will serve us for many many years.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I adore the England Furniture brand. High quality pieces I expect to last me for 10-15+. Good frame, upgraded cushions, incredible product. It took less than the 21 days to get to me. For custom furniture!! I am very happy with my purchase and am disappointed that there are so few reviews on here!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about England Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

The England sectional sofa we purchased had several flaws, the most serious being the two pieces do not fit together properly leaving a wide, inconsistent gap. also the legs of the two pieces, which should line up with each other, are off by 1.5 inches. After several visits for repairs it still is not satisfactory. The store MI Hometown Furnishings in Lowell, MI and England will not replaced or offer a credit. We were even persuaded into the extended warranty. Totally disappointing by the poor quality and lack of service after the sale.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a small sectional with ottoman, the quality is horrible, I have a cushion where piping has a hole, I have loose stitching, and a cushion that is twisted, I was also told ottoman would be 1 to 2 inches lower than sofa and it's more like 6". As soon as I reported them to Better Business all communication stopped and now they will do nothing, I emailed them and they are ignoring my emails. I paid for quality and didn't get it. I will never purchase their furniture, nor will I ever shop at Gavigan's.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

We paid more than we usually do for furniture because I expected with the England name, it would last a very long time. We purchased furniture prior to moving into new home so it was several months before we actually used it. Long story short... It's been nothing but trouble. Repairman has been out three times now to replace, fix, screw, glue the bracing boards under sofa. They break everytime more than one person sits on sofa. I'm 50 years old, I've never had furniture break. I'm not satisfied with quality or how we've been handled. I'm done with this company. Never will buy anything from them again. Btw, repairman said he has a full-time job fixing England furniture, it's not built as well as people think.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Couch looked nice on day 1. Frame now shakes and is not sturdy, fabric is pilling like mad with fuzzballs everywhere and the cushioning in the couch is no longer comfortable. THIS SET ONLY MAINTAINED ITS INTEGRITY FOR 9 MONTHS! Not worth what we paid at all when looking at comparable couches our friends have purchased. England sells you on their "Made In America" slogan, but this feels like nothing more than cheap Chinese furniture.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased a custom 2 piece sectional through a dealer in Elk River Minnesota. I will not deny that it is a quality piece of furniture but the craftsmanship is something to be desired. Each piece of this unit although the same, appears to have been built by two different employees where one piece looks nearly perfect and the other looks sloppily done. This sectional sits in the middle of the upper level living room so the backs are exposed and not up toward a wall. The back material on my so called sloppy piece looks saggy and the frame boards make an impression in the material so the back does not look smooth and flat giving it an untidy look. I had high expectations of this manufacturer since I paid nearly $3,000.00 for this unit and needless to say I am very disappointed and are looking forward to putting this sectional in the lower level family where there it will be against a wall and the backs unseen.

England Furniture Company Information