Woodbridge, NJ

3.3/5 (485 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Ordered a couch in November. Told delivery would be first week in December. It is now January. Still have no couch but they did charge my credit card. No notifications from them. I have to go to store to find out delivery gets changed. They do not respond to phone calls or emails. In person customer service is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Buyer beware not buy from Bob's!!! And definitely do not buy goof proof. They scam all their customers and the quality of the furniture is below garbage. Won’t even last a year and they will not ever honor the goof proof ever!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

We purchased a leather power reclining sofa and loveseat on Dec 15th with delivery scheduled for Jan 2nd. Well shame on me as I did read reviews on Bob's and still gave them a shot. The drivers showed up with two small wrapped pieces that was not even mine, talked to their dispatcher who said the rest was coming in three weeks. I hung up with her and called their main office and after talking with the rudest customer service rep I ever have. I immediately told her to cancel my order and credit back my credit card! She never once apologized for what happened and did I mention she was so rude!! I have since bought my new furniture from another company. So please heed all these bad reviews because they are 100% accurate and the fact that Bob's is still in business is mind boggling!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Originally they said they would remove the old furniture, that was a lie. First of all I bought furniture in October and still have not received the complete set to this day. The couch springs are broken and when I put in a claim they denied me. I am not satisfied at all. I will never do business with them again. It’s almost impossible to get through with them on the line.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Anybody that purchases the Bob’s discount furniture warranty program with her sofa or loveseat or anything else… Please beware! When I purchase mine and spent I think $400 on it for the four year program, I was told by the salesman that everything is 100% covered except for say the wear and tear on the cushions as far as them wearing out. I was told any mechanical issues of motor is going out or anything like that are covered. I was specifically told even if I had a cat that were to scratch up the material and it ripped, that it would be covered. I can’t even make stuff up like that!! I know exactly what I was told when I was suckered into spending my money on a warranty.

I have a seam where the sewing of it ripped on my loveseat and I have the left side of my reclining electronic loveseat that no longer goes up after two years why, I don’t know because I’m not a mechanical engineer or anything like that, that’s above my pay grade. What I do know is what I was told when I was purchasing this warranty for this brand new furniture and the email that was sent to me regarding the coverage of these claims that I made now 2.5 years into purchasing the furniture.

I was also told that if say something happened to the loveseat and they no longer had that exact furniture around anymore including the color of it that they would give me an entire new loveseat and sofa because I should have a matching set! I’m sure this is totally untrue also. Watch out Bob's Furniture in Orland, I will be coming to visit you shortly, this week on my days off and I plan on Letting customers all know of this issue. Have a happy new year Bob’s furniture!!!! What a rip off outfit this place is, which is my opinion, and my opinion is all that counts right now because I was lied to and they have not seen the end of me at all!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I purchased multiple pieces of living room furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture in January and February 2020. The Jules Accent Cabinet that I purchased had a defective drawer that I discovered moments after delivery. A furniture technician came to inspect the accent cabinet in late February 2020 and determined the right-hand drawer was cut too short by about 1.5" inside, so the drawer does not slide properly along the casters.

The technician advised me that the drawer was clearly manufactured incorrectly. While in my home, the technician contacted Bob's Customer Service to request a replacement of the defective drawer and I was assured the new drawer would arrive mid-April 2020. Due to COVID-19, there were apparently significant delays in the parts department, which was understandable during the spring 2020. I was reassured once again by a Customer Service Representative in July 2020 that the drawer would arrive in September 2020. No drawer to date and now I have been informed the drawer will arrive in late January 2021.

I will not be purchasing any more furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture because of the company's lack of true customer support and its failure to resolve a small manufacturing defect. It is a shame because I had intended to purchase more furniture from Bob's but this experience has led me to look into other furniture stores to furnish other rooms in my home.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Stay away! Their furniture is mediocre at best but really eats you up is all the false promises of restuffing your cushions and the fake warranty. They use a company that you will have to fill out 1 hr of online forms and submit pictures only To be denied 100% of the time. My couch was simply sat on 1 year with no breaks, rips, stains or tears yet they refuse to fix the cushions that are flat. Stay away! My couch is now just a year old. What a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Stay far away from this Company. Customer service is the worst and quality is yet to be determined. We purchased a new couch that was delivered without legs on one piece. After 4 calls to Customer service, we were told it would be April until they had available. Luckily, a manager at Chandler store (who was the only helpful one) arranged another delivery for an even exchange so we could have legs. Arm on the loveseat was broken at delivery so we had to have a tech come out to tell us it's not repairable and then had to order another loveseat too! All and all, I had 3 separate deliveries, 1 service call, 13 phone calls, a missed day of work to be here for it all and Bob's offers me a $75 gift card for the inconvenience! What a joke!!!! Pretty sure these reviews are fake. Worst buying experience ever and be careful, you can not make a return - I see why now. Shame on you BOB'S! I will make sure I review you everywhere so others can be warned.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

We have spent well over $20K at Bob's. NEVER have we had, in our memory, a single item that was delivered as promised. The most recent is a chair (part of a set)--4 "re-schedules" since it was ordered. At first we thought that it was just COVID (they are quick to blame that), but now it has become a common theme. We like the furniture, but to count on the delivery service is a mistake. In our most recent call to the delivery service, they told us that we had called in and canceled the order. Of course, that was not correct. One thing after another. Prior to that was a bed; three months to get delivered, and then it was damaged somewhere along the way. Oh, and the Mattress included two huge pieces; it was a little like "the Princess and the Pea". We needed a ladder to get in and out of bed. I don't know what can be done but we just want our chair at this point. Enough of Bob's! You get what you pay for!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Are you looking for a furniture store that's easy to work with and has great customer service? DON'T GO TO BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE!! Nov 2019 we ordered a grey loveseat and sofa. Told it'd be in March or April. April comes & goes- no furniture. Multiple phone calls and hours on hold we are told there was a delay. We went along with it because we figured Covid delayed things. 2 more months go by. No furniture. More phone calls and hours on hold for the salesman to tell us it's still backordered. We can't get hold of a manager. Manager won't answer or call us back. Another 2 months and they deliver the WRONG color! They gave us Red, not grey. MORE hours on the phone. Finally we get to speak to a manager. Manager says the order was put in for 2 sofas instead of sofa and loveseat. We manage to get a measly $200 back.

In Sept 2020 we finally got a delivery. They gave us 2 sofas and said the loveseat would be delivered Nov. Guess what? That didn't happen either! The delivery of our love seat got rescheduled to Christmas Eve! When they arrived with the loveseat we were told it was going to be an exchange and they would take back a sofa. We got back on the phone to try to arrange for us to keep the both sofas we'd been using since Sept and get the loveseat that we'd been waiting on for OVER A YEAR and we were on hold for another extended period of time! Transferred to multiple people. When customer service finally got us to someone who could help, they did NOTHING! They wouldn't help us AT ALL even after ALL of their mistakes and delays. We will NEVER purchase from Bob's again and we will NEVER recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Awful experience beginning to end. We do understand that COVID is occurring and making everything hard and chaotic. I would say that Bob's communication was awful but there was NO communication AT ALL and that was our issue. We constantly had to reach out to them for updated potential receiving dates. We ordered a sofa and a recliner on 21AUG2020 and were told we could pick up the sofa the following weekend. We got close to the next weekend and were confirming renting a truck, only to contact them and find out that no, our sofa will not be available until the end of October, which then turned into the end of November.

We requested our order be changed to delivery to make our lives easier and then were surprised to receive a text message from Bob's saying we had one week to pick it up ourselves at the Manchester, NH location. We scrambled to rent a truck for that weekend and THEN arrive to pick up....HALF OF OUR SOFA. We got rid of our old couch before the pick up so we had to cram onto literally half a sofa (which had two pulls in the stitching we had to fix since we weren't waiting for a new one). Two and a half weeks pass as we finally receive another text message that no the other half is not being delivered and we have one week to pick it up. Back to renting a truck.

Finally two and a half weeks later our recliner is in, we're not even bothering at this point, back to renting a truck. We were told back in the beginning of October by Bob's to call for compensation after the entire endeavor that just happened over 4 months had ended and we finally have our furniture. Only to be offered a gift card that would not cover anything they sell without having to spend additional money (gift card is the only option if you want "compensation"). Never again...

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I bought a bed from Bob's. I had it less than two weeks and the bed frame broke. They sent some guy out to look at the bed and he had some wood and screws and patched the bed. He said they would send a new frame out. I never received it. Everytime I call the company they have you on hold for hours. I just received a email stating that they don't replace broken items. They can only patched them up. BEWARE OF BOB'S FURNITURE. THE STUFF IS JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Long story short: I have tried to give Bob's the benefit of the doubt and ample time to correct the situation before posting a review. At this point, it has been 5 months and no end in sight. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have a broken table and chair pieces covering my dining room and they are unwilling to let me return the item or schedule a date they will replace it.

September 2nd - We were in need of a new table. Visited Bob's, found one we liked, and the salesperson Robert helped us purchase the table. Due to COVID delays, it was estimated the table would arrive mid-October. We paid in full that day. Mid-October, Robert called and said it would be further delayed. We understood and had no issue at this point. Late-October - I received a phone call stated our order was cancelled due to a payment issue. We paid in full and had confirmation of the payment from 9/2/2020. I called the store, they stated it was their error and our order was back on track. Frustrating in the moment, but it happens.

Early November - We finally receive a call to schedule our delivery. The week they want to deliver does not work for us because we are in the process of moving. As a result, we are told the next available date is December 17th. Again, frustrating, but it happens. December 15th, I received a text stating some items were unavailable. They rescheduled the items to be delivered on the 21st before calling me or responding to my text back to them. They were unable/unwilling to make the delivery in one trip. I had to rearrange my work schedule again to receive the delivery.

December 17th, the delivery team arrived and was very nice. They brought in the boxed bench and 4 wood chairs. We had only ordered 3 chairs, and I told them as much so they didn't leave additional merchandise at our house. After the took the extra chair back to the truck, I noticed one of the chairs had a chip and a scratch on it. They told me I had to contact customer service and they could not simply exchange for the extra chair they had on the truck. When I received an email asking me to confirm delivery, I did not due to the unacceptable condition on the items. I texted the store and was told they could not help me. I called the store and spent 30 minutes trying to speak with customer service. Finally, I submitted a damaged item form via email after spending over an hour on the phone with customer service. As of 12/27 (10 days later), I have still not heard back.

December 21st, another delivery team arrives, and again, they are very nice. While setting up, they notice the bench is scratched and the table base is incompatible with the table top. Additionally, one of the chairs does not have the correct holes drilled so the legs cannot be attached. We now have 7 pieces of furniture across the floor in varied states of completion and 4 of them are either scratched or broken. The delivery team submitted a replacement ticket and documented all of the damage. They tell me not to confirm my delivery over email, and I do not. I call the store later that week to see when the replacements will arrive, and they are unsure due to delays but anticipate mid February. They can't schedule it for me and are unsure of the specific date.

December 27th, I went to the store today to request a return and refund. After spending almost an hour on the phone (the store manager was kind and helped me call them directly) with April, then with Kevin, I was told we had two options: wait an indefinite amount of time for a replacement or take a store credit for another item. These options completely negate the frustration and inconvenience we have experienced and are still experiencing. Every delivery so far has included broken or scratched pieces; why would I want more? In summary, my dining room is filled with broken furniture and Bob's can't even give me a date they will be able to fix it by. They will not let me return the broken, useless table and it has rendered our dining room useless.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I looked for months for a new sectional and found the Avenger recliner sectional at Bob's. I loved the look, and it was so comfortable. On November 14, 2020 I purchased the sectional along with their "White Glove Delivery" and the extended warranty. I was so excited that I was getting new furniture after 10 years with the same furniture. We were told it would be delivered by December 19, 2020. In preparation for the delivery, we got rid of our old furniture. Come Dec. 19, I'm tracking the progress of the truck and we get a call from the driver. He said he could not make it up our hill because he would either need to back up or back down our hill and he was not experienced enough to do either, so he left! I was so disappointed and called to have the furniture recovered for Dec. 21.

This time the truck NEVER showed up! No explanation as to why. My husband and I went to the store where we purchased the furniture to get our money back. The one male store manager kept making excuses for the rotten delivery service, which neither of us cared to listen. We came to find out that on the original delivery date of 12/19 they only had three pieces of the six piece sectional, which they said were placed in our house. We confirmed the truck never came up the hill and the female office manager was able to back that out of the system.

We then found out the truck on 12/21 was only delivering one piece of the sectional. Who delivers a sectional in pieces???? So now here we sit in our living room without new furniture. We had to buy a used recliner as my husband was recovering from rotator cuff surgery that was done on 12/14. And I have a rocking chair. I feel so burned by Bob's that I don't want to start all over looking again. Save yourself the grief and go somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I purchased a couch and chair, both were delivered damaged but not noticeable until you sat in them. The couch had bent brackets and the chair, the swivel mechanism is bent. I filed a claim 3 days after receiving the furniture. The tech came out, ordered the parts and 1.5 months later, only the couch parts have been received. They will not send a tech out until all the parts are received. I have called and spoken to three different people, including management, who told me too bad. I just want the tech to fix the couch and swap the chair. I get a big NO!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I paid for they protection on my furniture but cause I can't tell them how it broke they won't fix it or even come out to take a look at it and tell me I have to fix it myself cause they don't cover that. I'm a handicap woman. I cant afford to pay to get it fix or buy a new sofa set. I heard enough compliments about Bob's furniture. Think twice before you go purchase furniture from them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Buyer Beware. They will not give a refund for defective furniture. Do not shop at Hall Road location. Terrible customer service. Read all fine print. They will not even accept the defective furniture for a refund.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I purchased two products from Bob’s: a headboard and a sofa. The headboard arrived damaged. I’ve been emailing support for months and they refuse to do anything. The sofa I purchased Bob’s Goof Proof Plan. The back frame cracked and their insurance won’t do anything. Bob’s furniture is crap and their customer service is horrible.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Ordered $3300 worth of bedroom furniture. Paid for white glove delivery and set up. They came this morning, dropped 8 huge boxes of heavy furniture and blocked doorways, including my bathroom! They then informed me that they didn’t have time to assemble. I would have to wait another 5 days got that. I went to the store and while they were shocked at the horrendous service, they still couldn’t manage to resolve my issue today. So, I sit and wait with no place to sleep and no access to my main bath. Take your business elsewhere. Bob’s service is not only atrocious, but they don’t care about their customers or their inconvenience. I couldn’t be more dissatisfied and disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I waited 5 hours for my delivery. They claim that I wasn't home. Very unprofessional. I ran a furniture store for ten years and never had my delivery fleet make these kind of errors. Bob's rescheduled my delivery for two days later when I called them. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here on the floor waiting two extra days for another attempted delivery. If they screw up again, I'm finished with them and will demand my money back.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I purchased an end table in the store in September and ordered the second matching at that time to be delivered mid November of which they immediately took the money for. I waited til December to call since I have not heard from them and ask where was my table I already paid for? They said it was on the list to arrive that first Friday for me to pickup and they'd call. Ten days later and no one has called and I am on the phone currently on approximately my 12th round of automation trying to get through to them. No one is answering and I've tried many of their automated options just to get through. No table, no one to talk to, yet they have my money....for 3 months they've had my money. I will never order anything from them again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I got a bunkbed from Bob's Discount Furniture on Nov 10, 2020 for my children and a month later the top "wooden" rail was cracked! It cost $850.00 We had an IKEA bunkbed and it lasted for a year! We changed it because we remodeled the room, worst idea ever!!! Dont waste your money here! By the way we did not get a warranty because we didn't think it would be needed, but after a month of purchasing this item we are in need of changing it for safety reasons! Never going back to Bob's discount furniture.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They had what I was looking for, a leather dual reclining sofa, that had an electric adjustable headrest and footrest. The cost was about a thousand dollars. Included was delivery and set up. I searched over dozens of furniture stores and department stores, nobody came close to having the sofa that I purchased from Bob furniture.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We ordered a bunk bed with trundle bed back in August of 2020, first we were told that it would be delivered in October, then finally on November 16th it was delivered. Upon set up by the delivery personnel It was noticed that there were scratches and scuff marks all over the furniture. There were different style screws used to put it together and to top it off they didn’t even screw the staircase to the bed which tips over. We scheduled a service tech to come to the house today on 12/1 and they never showed up nor did they call to inform us that they wouldn’t be out today.

We called the horrible customer service department and explained the situation and they stated that the delivery wasn’t scheduled until 12/12 which is odd since we have multiple emails and text messages showing they were “on the way”. During the that call we asked to speak to a supervisor and we’re promptly hung up on. I am at my wit's end with this company and will never recommend this company to ANYONE. They also told us that once the furniture is placed in our home they will not offer a refund....

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I had to purchase a dresser on-line because of covid. Waited 3 weeks, tried to get through on the phone to see when it would be in and nobody would answer. Went to the store and picked it up night before Thanksgiving. Waited until Saturday to open the box, the dresser drawers only open half way!! I tried to return it to the store they said because of covid they can't take it and to call support. I was told once you accept it, it's yours and no refunds. I asked if I was supposed to open it in the store, no answer. I will never purchase anything from them again and will tell everyone to stay away. Now I'm going to my CC and canceling the payment as I told the lady on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

No one answers the phone at ANY store. The merchandise won't come for 90 days AFTER it's already paid for. You can't complain to anyone, because no one answers the phone at ANY store. My $2,000 couch eventually arrived and looked OK, but it's very cheap quality. I will spend the extra couple bucks and go to a REAL store from here on out. Discount means garbage service and garbage merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Store employees are arrogant and product looks cheap, store needs different products and better choices. Furniture does not appear to be long lasting, sturdy and worth buying due to poor sense appeal.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I purchased a sectional couch and two chairs from Bob's Discount near the end of August. I am thinking of contacting "3 On Your Side" to help get a resolution. It took 3-4 weeks to get my furniture and the furniture was ripped, the sectionals did not fit together, part of the couch didn't even sit on the floor, there is no skirt on part of the couch, the two accent chairs were put together poorly, and there is a rip in one of the chairs. I was then told they would replace everything! Yeah. We are now in the end of November. They came to replace the couch but the new couch had the same problems and the chairs are on backorder till April.

I am disappointed and customer service has offered me the opportunity for an exchange, but if this is the type of product I will receive I don't want it. I asked for my money back since they have breached their contract, they said they will not give me a refund. I paid for the items, I am a school teacher and had to save up to each purchase these items. I wish I would have taken the the time to read reviews before purchasing an item from Bob's Discount furniture. The delivery companies have been fantastic though.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Their furniture is not the best quality. I have a table set the legs started to crack. They came to fix it. Now I am seeing the legs cracking again. Due to COVID Can't get in touch with anyone. If you need furniture quickly and cheap this is the place to go to.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information