Woodbridge, NJ

3.6/5 (486 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This is the worst company. They sold us defective furniture and after months had a technician come out to prove it was defective (which we did) and still, after hunting them down (cause they are impossible to get a hold of) they want to do the whole process again with another technician. They will never help us! We are stuck with this furniture until it's paid off. The furniture is a few months old and it looks like it's 15 years old. Couch sinks in and the fabric is splitting open everywhere.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Avoid this place. I went in over a week ago to purchase a sofa bed and ottoman. The salesman, Jason, was somewhat helpful at first; however, in the middle of assisting me with a purchase he walked away as I was in mid sentence and began assisting another couple who had come in after me. This should have been my first red flag; however, I continued with my purchase. I wanted to get my furniture as soon as possible so I asked if the floor model of the ottoman could be sold to me and Jason said "no." A week and a half later I get a call from Jason, telling me bad news, but the ottoman I ordered (and PAID FOR) had been discontinued so I needed to come in and pick out something else.

I went into the store last night with the intention of purchasing something different. However, I see the floor model of the ottoman (that I had ordered and paid for) with a "sold" sticker on it with someone else's name! Obviously I was not happy and when I inquired with Jason and another woman (Karen) they said it had been sold to someone before I ever came in. This was a blatant lie, however. When I was in the store buying it, I was told they cannot sell floor models and there was also no "sold" sticker on it at that time! I was absolutely astounded at what had just happened. The ottoman that I had bought and paid for was simply "sold" to someone else. How can this happen?

In addition, there was zero apology from Jason or Karen. In fact, they made me out to be the "bad guy" for being angry about what they had done. No surprise - I cancelled my entire order which was in excess of $1500. This was by far the WORST customer experience I have ever had. Jason should be fired. Karen should be fired for the flippant way in which she talked to me. I will never ever buy anything from the company again and I will be sure to tell everyone I meet to avoid this place like the plague.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Bob's Discount Furniture offers Bob's Goof Proof "Protection" Plan which is underwritten by Guardian Product Protection, Inc., which I reviewed last week. I'm rating Bob's Discount Furniture because they sell this horrible "protection" plan. One would think that something called "Goof Proof" would be a good deal, especially the way the sales associates push it. Of course I don't know this for sure, but either Bob's Discount Furniture or the sales associates or both are receiving a commission for selling the plans. If you read my review of Guardian you'll know that I believe that Bob's Discount Furniture is complicit in the horrible that's being perpetrated on unsuspecting customers.

I submitted a complaint through the Better Business Bureau about Bob's Discount Furniture and the last response from Bob's is that they will notify the store that I purchased the plan from to be more open about it. Unfortunately, the issue is company wide. Bottom line, under no circumstances should you say yes to Bob's Goof Proof "Protection" Plan. At least, if you feel compelled to purchase the plan ask to look at the contract before you buy it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Purchased a sectional, the arm has broken and the foam has flatten, had the furniture for 3 years, purchased the Guardian warranty. The items are not covered, for $1500.00 I would have liked to hold up better, but you get what you pay for, better off going to quality furniture stores and and spending the extra money to get good furniture, or use market place for purchase.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Purchased a bed and mattress set for my son for Christmas. When you order furniture from this place the website gives you no information about if or when your order will be shipped. After paying, I received an email saying my items were not going to be available in the next two weeks and it was unknown when they would be available for delivery. A few days later I received a phone call saying the bed would arrive the day after Christmas but the mattress set wouldn't be available until the end of February. This was not acceptable so we went to the store to pick out a mattress set that was available, which cost me $300 more. The mattress came a couple weeks later but the box spring was delayed until the end of January. Now, the box spring is not available and "may" come the first week of February, but the store is not sure.

If you read complaints about Bob's Discount Furniture you will see this is their business practice. They sell furniture that is not available, take your money, and give no ** if you ever receive your items. Never, I repeat, NEVER SHOP AT BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE. p.s. the quality of the bed I purchased was poor, it's just crap. Good thing I wasn't expecting my son to use it for more than a few years. I will be surprised if it lasts that long. Maybe by then the box spring will be available.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

We purchased a reclining sofa and 2 end tables in early January, 2021. We were told that the item was in stock and they scheduled delivery for January 23. On January 20, were told the item would not be arriving until February 5. The same day, we received a text saying that delivery was still scheduled for the 23rd. Called the store in Portage, Michigan to find out what was going on. They were delivering the middle section of the couch only. The rest was scheduled for February 5. I said that the original delivery date was a key reason we purchased from them. They said, "Sorry, but just because we schedule delivery doesn't mean it will actually be delivered that day."

So I asked if the February 5 delivery would actually happen. They said that they didn't know. I said, "so we'll be lucky to get it before June?" She said that we will get it before then, but couldn't promise anything. The way it was explained was that yes, the sofa was in stock at their warehouse, but it simply wasn't loaded onto the truck coming to Portage. Hopefully, it will be on one of the next trucks, but it's out of their control. They don't care how it affects me. They offered no sort of compensation. This company cannot survive with this business model. If you decide to shop here, beware. Customer satisfaction is completely unimportant to them. When I contacted customer care to complain, all I got was "sorry." They have no interest in making it right by their customers. I will NEVER shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Our first and last experience with this company. We bought multiple pieces of furniture and were sold the Goof Proof protection plan. Our salesperson was very nice and this is in no way shape of form a reflection of him. First it started with the furniture that was delivered had frayed fabric on the chairs. It took multiple attempts to contact the company and hours and hours of hold time, let alone transfers to speak to someone who could help. Note while on hold it says wait time 40 mins and then after 40 mins it will give you another update of 45 mins and so on. After finally getting a hold of someone they say they have to send someone out to look at it while I advised I have pictures and it cannot be fixed. A tech comes out and within 10 seconds goes the chairs need to be replaced and says he'll get them ordered.

Weeks go by and nothing. I call and go on long holds to find out chairs are allegedly on backorder. After many escalations they say they will follow up with me and get it expedited etc when available. 7 months go by and nothing until I call the store and ask, only to find out chairs are available. Back on the phone with corporate and they say, "Ok we'll send the chairs." Still waiting for resolution.

Then we bought the goof proof plan which per the language covers accidental scratches, gouges and spills at the least. The kids scratched the table. We followed the steps and were immediately denied the claim. Note the claim is through a third party vendor and it's a process and a half in itself. After multiple calls and fighting again, they send a voucher for an amount that does not cover the cost of the table, tax, or shipping. Per the plan it's supposed to be repaired or replaced. They are not honoring either. Total scam. There are many better furniture place options.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Do not buy furniture from Bob's! As a new home-owner, I was immensely excited to start furnishing my house; Bobs was new to our area and I don't mind a discount. Yes we got a cheap price but we also got a cheap couch. In less than 6 months, our couch was completely falling apart. A repair man came to our house and said "This should not be like this." We tried to order a new couch, but they wouldn't ship us one, we tried to get our money back, they wouldn't do that either.

This company is a scam. It gives you less than quality product and refuses to fix the issues that they created. I would buy furniture from a Goodwill or a resale store before I stepped back into a Bob's Furniture.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

They first brought the furniture with a broken piece. I had to take off from work and waited whole day for them. Then they could reschedule it after one month. I had to take off from my work for second time since it’s my second home. I waited for almost entire day. When I called the customer service they told me the delivery guy went to a wrong house. What is most frustrating was delivery guy did not even call me! Now I have to take another day off from work since they rescheduled it after another month on February 11th. Financially I lost money since I had to take 3 times day off. Moreover I had to spent Hours to talk to the customer service. Customer service including supervisor of Bob's Furniture are really the worst in my opinion. They don’t think about the customer at all! It’s just for a full size bed! I will never recommend anyone to buy bobs furniture. The quality of the product and the service is so poor.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I had bought the Supernova Brown recliner sofa from Bob's along with Goof Plus Protection. While buying the sofa I was told by the sales associate that you are getting the 5 years extended coverage and no need to worry for any issue. Now I am left with the broken spring with multiple nails popping out and leather skin is peeling all over. But neither Goof nor the Bob's is accepting it as manufacturing defect. This is not the quality & service we had expected from Bob's and we should have stick to the previous furniture store who had given us much durable and better quality sofas.

It seems like Goof (GPP) is a scam, they don't cover anything. When I filed a claim they simply rejected and asked to contact Bob's furniture and later Bob's furniture just said we cannot do anything. I had never heard breakage of spring in even the local sofas. You can imagine the poor quality they are making. Biggest mistake I did was I had referred Bob's to so many of my friends. I wasted couple of thousands of dollar & time with Bob's but I am writing this review to make sure that whoever reading should think twice before considering Bob's and their Goof Protection.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

This wasn’t properly made, when first purchased upholstery staple was hanging from it. Then the foot broke and spring in seat broke. I got a pull out bed the faux leather started peeling. I would rather buy a air mattress from Walmart.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Items were never delivered on date scheduled. No communications was given by BOB's to state items were never on truck. Next “available” delivery date set for 3 weeks from today 1/15/21..Unacceptable....

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I just can’t believe how unprofessional this company was. I ordered my furniture from Bob’s on 11/02/20. I got an email and text saying It would come 12/1, but 30 minutes before the delivery time they cancelled, after I threw my furniture out in the rain to prepare for them. I then spoke with someone named Carlos who gave me a guaranteed delivery date of 12/31, which was a no show. They also said they would give me a discount for all my troubles and of course they didn’t. I called and waited on hold for 30 minutes to a hour every time I called. I spoke with someone named Anthony who wasn’t helpful at all and was very rude. I was told that the manager Kelly would call me back and she still hasn’t. It’s now 1/13/20 and I only 4 pieces to my 7 piece sectional and I paid over $800 towards it when I still don’t have the furniture in full. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

False promises and delayed delivery is all this company provided to me. Appeared concerned at one time in the process but that was at point of sale. Promised compensation for all of my inconvenience. After last delivery they blocked my emails. Very little if any chance I buy from them again. Stay away from Bob's!!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Do not purchase anything from this company, they do not stand behind any of their products and their customer service is absolutely horrible. The company is also heavily invested in CHINA (I researched). First and last purchase I will ever make from this terrible company. I contacted them four times, through four different avenues (phone, store, e-mail and compliant process). I was told directly "we do not bend from our policies and there is nothing we can do". The customer service representative on the phone was extremely rude. The product was delivered broken, however I did not know that until my handyman started putting it together. I sent photo evidence and did everything in my power to give them a chance to fix it. They do not care, they are profit centered, people do not matter to Bob's Discount Furniture.... The "so called discount" is not worth it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I purchased a chaise at the Paramus store a few months ago. After a few month of a mild use, the wooden frame broke in half. The unit is still under warranty but all my efforts to get the claim attended were answered it will take us 5 weeks to review the claim. The unit has become unusable after 8 months and I am requested to wait for 5 weeks until they have a chance to review!! This is beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I purchased a Queen bed and a very expensive mattress in February 2020. About a month later one of the slats broke and, as a consequence, my mattress is now being supported by a pile of books. Also, the mattress acquired an indentation of about 2 inches. I am 5' 4" and weigh only 120lbs so it wasn't my weight that created these problems. I reported both issues immediately. It took over 8 months for the company to send someone to view the damage. He took photographs and measurements and assured me he would return with a new slat. That was three months ago. I have not received the new slat yet. Bob's finally agreed to exchange the mattress but have given me a time restrain. If I don't select one before January 28th then their offer is withdrawn. The after-sales service of this company is nothing short of atrocious.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'll make this short and sweet. I ordered a bedroom set 6 months ago and still have nothing! They don't call with updates and when you try calling it's impossible to get a hold of anyone. I finally got ahold of someone and got a delivery date. "Keep in mind 6 months later" they came and dropped off two poles only! I went to store and asked for my money back. They said no since they dropped off two poles!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I notice Bob’s doesn’t have the option rate their business. Worst customer service ever. I ordered a bedroom set OCTOBER 16. The first delivery date was 12/5/2020. I got a text that they were 8 MINUTES from my house at 3:18pm. No furniture. I missed a call from them after 5pm that evening, reporting that they did not finish their route due to the snow. Dec 16 Called and tried to reschedule the delivery. They couldn’t reschedule until the end of Jan because the “product is not available.” They sold the furniture that I already paid for to someone else! Projected delivery end of Jan.

I go into the store Dec 21 on my next available day off, because at this point I need the bed, and they move it up to Jan 5. Jan 2 I get a confirmation text that my deliver is scheduled for Jan 5, 2021 and then that same evening I get a text from the store manager that my shipment has been delayed and she’s reschedule it to Jan 21. I said no this does not work for me and requested a refund. 5-10 BUSINESS DAYS to process a refund. Banks don’t even hold paper checks that long. I recommend spending your money elsewhere. Its cheap furniture and its (lack of) quality does not make up for the inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have been told 4 different delivery dates. And still no furniture. I was given a guarantee and that was not meet. I waited for 1 piece to deliver and truck never came and no one called! There is no higher up to talk to. Every person in customer service gave me a different story. Including Managers. I even went to my local store and they have no higher up and no answers. I filed support tickets and all were closed and marked "solved" ?? no one called me. Can't trust answers. My order was placed 11/6/20. Now it's 1/4/21. No furniture. NO IDEA WHEN IT'S COMING!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Ordered a couch in November. Told delivery would be first week in December. It is now January. Still have no couch but they did charge my credit card. No notifications from them. I have to go to store to find out delivery gets changed. They do not respond to phone calls or emails. In person customer service is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Buyer beware not buy from Bob's!!! And definitely do not buy goof proof. They scam all their customers and the quality of the furniture is below garbage. Won’t even last a year and they will not ever honor the goof proof ever!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

We purchased a leather power reclining sofa and loveseat on Dec 15th with delivery scheduled for Jan 2nd. Well shame on me as I did read reviews on Bob's and still gave them a shot. The drivers showed up with two small wrapped pieces that was not even mine, talked to their dispatcher who said the rest was coming in three weeks. I hung up with her and called their main office and after talking with the rudest customer service rep I ever have. I immediately told her to cancel my order and credit back my credit card! She never once apologized for what happened and did I mention she was so rude!! I have since bought my new furniture from another company. So please heed all these bad reviews because they are 100% accurate and the fact that Bob's is still in business is mind boggling!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Originally they said they would remove the old furniture, that was a lie. First of all I bought furniture in October and still have not received the complete set to this day. The couch springs are broken and when I put in a claim they denied me. I am not satisfied at all. I will never do business with them again. It’s almost impossible to get through with them on the line.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Anybody that purchases the Bob’s discount furniture warranty program with her sofa or loveseat or anything else… Please beware! When I purchase mine and spent I think $400 on it for the four year program, I was told by the salesman that everything is 100% covered except for say the wear and tear on the cushions as far as them wearing out. I was told any mechanical issues of motor is going out or anything like that are covered. I was specifically told even if I had a cat that were to scratch up the material and it ripped, that it would be covered. I can’t even make stuff up like that!! I know exactly what I was told when I was suckered into spending my money on a warranty.

I have a seam where the sewing of it ripped on my loveseat and I have the left side of my reclining electronic loveseat that no longer goes up after two years why, I don’t know because I’m not a mechanical engineer or anything like that, that’s above my pay grade. What I do know is what I was told when I was purchasing this warranty for this brand new furniture and the email that was sent to me regarding the coverage of these claims that I made now 2.5 years into purchasing the furniture.

I was also told that if say something happened to the loveseat and they no longer had that exact furniture around anymore including the color of it that they would give me an entire new loveseat and sofa because I should have a matching set! I’m sure this is totally untrue also. Watch out Bob's Furniture in Orland, I will be coming to visit you shortly, this week on my days off and I plan on Letting customers all know of this issue. Have a happy new year Bob’s furniture!!!! What a rip off outfit this place is, which is my opinion, and my opinion is all that counts right now because I was lied to and they have not seen the end of me at all!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I purchased multiple pieces of living room furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture in January and February 2020. The Jules Accent Cabinet that I purchased had a defective drawer that I discovered moments after delivery. A furniture technician came to inspect the accent cabinet in late February 2020 and determined the right-hand drawer was cut too short by about 1.5" inside, so the drawer does not slide properly along the casters.

The technician advised me that the drawer was clearly manufactured incorrectly. While in my home, the technician contacted Bob's Customer Service to request a replacement of the defective drawer and I was assured the new drawer would arrive mid-April 2020. Due to COVID-19, there were apparently significant delays in the parts department, which was understandable during the spring 2020. I was reassured once again by a Customer Service Representative in July 2020 that the drawer would arrive in September 2020. No drawer to date and now I have been informed the drawer will arrive in late January 2021.

I will not be purchasing any more furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture because of the company's lack of true customer support and its failure to resolve a small manufacturing defect. It is a shame because I had intended to purchase more furniture from Bob's but this experience has led me to look into other furniture stores to furnish other rooms in my home.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Stay away! Their furniture is mediocre at best but really eats you up is all the false promises of restuffing your cushions and the fake warranty. They use a company that you will have to fill out 1 hr of online forms and submit pictures only To be denied 100% of the time. My couch was simply sat on 1 year with no breaks, rips, stains or tears yet they refuse to fix the cushions that are flat. Stay away! My couch is now just a year old. What a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Stay far away from this Company. Customer service is the worst and quality is yet to be determined. We purchased a new couch that was delivered without legs on one piece. After 4 calls to Customer service, we were told it would be April until they had available. Luckily, a manager at Chandler store (who was the only helpful one) arranged another delivery for an even exchange so we could have legs. Arm on the loveseat was broken at delivery so we had to have a tech come out to tell us it's not repairable and then had to order another loveseat too! All and all, I had 3 separate deliveries, 1 service call, 13 phone calls, a missed day of work to be here for it all and Bob's offers me a $75 gift card for the inconvenience! What a joke!!!! Pretty sure these reviews are fake. Worst buying experience ever and be careful, you can not make a return - I see why now. Shame on you BOB'S! I will make sure I review you everywhere so others can be warned.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

We have spent well over $20K at Bob's. NEVER have we had, in our memory, a single item that was delivered as promised. The most recent is a chair (part of a set)--4 "re-schedules" since it was ordered. At first we thought that it was just COVID (they are quick to blame that), but now it has become a common theme. We like the furniture, but to count on the delivery service is a mistake. In our most recent call to the delivery service, they told us that we had called in and canceled the order. Of course, that was not correct. One thing after another. Prior to that was a bed; three months to get delivered, and then it was damaged somewhere along the way. Oh, and the Mattress included two huge pieces; it was a little like "the Princess and the Pea". We needed a ladder to get in and out of bed. I don't know what can be done but we just want our chair at this point. Enough of Bob's! You get what you pay for!

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information