Neptune Society of Northern California Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

Neptune Society of Northern California Request Information

Neptune Society of Northern California Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

From the moment I stepped inside, these people were wonderful. My service provider was deeply caring, authentic, effective and able to hear my needs clearly and respond appropriately. My husband had died two days prior, dying in his sleep with no warning at all. He left no plans for his death. Needless to say, my shock and grief left me nearly nonfunctional. My Neptune agent gently, kindly guided me, and what might have been an overwhelming meeting turned out to be comforting, grounding, and healing in its way. This was a perfect experience.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Elisabeth, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of the Santa Rosa Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to guide and serve you with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your husband!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Peace of mind and a good idea of what is needed. The box was delivered as promised. Now the hard part is for me to figure out what to put in the guide book. I have told several friends and family to check the website and see if this is a good solution for their own arrangements.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Pamela, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California Belmont, CA office.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had a pre-planned service with another agency which didn’t make us feel comfortable, and a hospice referred Neptune Society of Northern California. We called Neptune last minute, and then Neptune got our funds back from the other agency. The people at Neptune were fantastic. They handled things from A to Z and they were really thoughtful during the whole process. Kelly, from the moment we placed a call to the very end, was caring, organized, detailed and helpful.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Kerry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Kelly. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing detailed, organized, and helpful care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that we were able to transition the service from another provider to ours, smoothly and through the end of our service. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was lost after the passing of Ricky whom I cared for and the staff at Neptune from the start at 4am were compassionate, respectful, gentle and patient and so helpful to me. Since I am low income they even helped find ways to lower the cost. They took care of me and my family at this stage of the circle of life. I recommend them all the way. Thank you Neptune's staff in Stockton for all you do. God will bless you all.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Cindy, please accept our condolences on the passing of Ricky. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with our team at Stockton. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with our amazing compassion, respect, and gentle care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for letting us know that our team has found ways to help you make this service possible and for your recommendation. We thank you for your kind words and take ca

Original review: March 7, 2019

The true care, professional respect and preparation of my loved one done by the Neptune Society was beyond my expectations. Jackie and Jamie made my processing and preparations very comfortable. The follow up calls and up to date information was the best that I could ask for. They made me feel truly like family and not a number. The comfort they bestowed to me made me go through this difficult time much easier. I will be using The Neptune Society for my personal preparations in the near future because of this. Thank you and continue doing the wonderful job that you do.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

William, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with both Jackie and Jamie. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with their amazing professional respect, preparation, and true care for the families that they take into their arms during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that the comfort they bestowed to you made this time much easier and please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My mother passed away at Kaiser Hosp in Santa Clara, CA on 11/13/2019. At approx 9:30 PM I called the 800 number for Neptune as indicated on the membership card. The first call resulted in an 8 minute wait, I hung up and redialed and spoke to a woman who took very little information. She said someone would be sent out in the morning to pick my mother's remains up and that someone would reach out to me within 24 hours.

The following day I was inundated with calls and text messages from family and friends. It was the following day (Friday), when I realized I had not heard from Neptune. I called and reached the Belmont office, to my horror they had not received the information about my mother's passing and need for pick up. Apparently it was an answering service I spoke to on Wednesday (11/13). Noel ** emailed me the documents to release my mother to them and was rushing frantically as it was approximately 3:30 PM and she was trying to get everything done before five so the pick up would be same day.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We have used Neptune Society four times. It was way back when my grandma passed away. They’ve been very friendly and really concerned about you. They try to make your experiences as painless as possible. They’re really professional and really nice. My parents and my grandma did all the pre-planning services, but we’re getting ready too. In our recent experience, Dana helped us.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Contacting and talking with the Neptune representative in our home was easy, thorough, low pressure and accomplished what we wanted to pre-plan our cremation. We wanted to cover ourselves when traveling and have minimal impact on our family at our time of passing.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have had previous experience with the Neptune Society as my mother and father both had plans through it. When my parents passed away the Neptune Society was there immediately to walk me through the steps that needed to be taken and to make sure everything went smoothly. Recently I met with a representative to purchase my own plan. I explained what I wanted and my plan was set up without any attempt on his part to try to sell me anything other than what I had requested. I am very impressed with the quality of the Society's services and their commitment to making sure members receive what they have requested.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Amanda made a difficult process as easy and stress free as possible. She answered any questions I had and talked me through any concerns. Everything was handled quickly and efficiently. I was able to do everything by phone and/or fax. I picked out a beautiful urn for my sister and another matching one for my Dad who had passed 7 years earlier.

Neptune Society of Northern California expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information