Neptune Society of Northern California Request Information
Accredited Partner

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.68/5

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

Neptune Society of Northern California Request Information

Neptune Society of Northern California Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 18, 2020

At a time when my grief was never more than a thought away, a condition that continues today, the people at the Neptune Society in Belmont allowed me to carry out my loved one's wishes by handling my case with clarity, efficiency, and respect. All services and options were presented quickly without pushy sales pitches for things that were not wanted. Pricing was straightforward and did not vary from established rates. Because there were no glitches or misunderstandings, the cremated remains and death certificates were given to me in half the time originally estimated. The clean, professional process had the benefit of not adding extra stress to a terrible time for me. This was the second time I used the Neptune Society of Belmont for a deceased member of my family. Although others may differ on such a highly personal matter, for me the treatment has been just right.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Hello Carl, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of our full Belmont Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of these cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your loved one!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

From the moment I stepped inside, these people were wonderful. My service provider was deeply caring, authentic, effective and able to hear my needs clearly and respond appropriately. My husband had died two days prior, dying in his sleep with no warning at all. He left no plans for his death. Needless to say, my shock and grief left me nearly nonfunctional. My Neptune agent gently, kindly guided me, and what might have been an overwhelming meeting turned out to be comforting, grounding, and healing in its way. This was a perfect experience.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Elisabeth, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of the Santa Rosa Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to guide and serve you with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your husband!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Dan ** did an outstanding job at presenting the Society's offerings at the event that I attended. He included his own personal experience as well as quoting various statistics that were relevant and using the Power Point slides. When he stopped by at my house later, he was courteous and efficient. All the materials that he described arrived in a timely manner, and my peace of mind at having made these arrangements in advance is well worth the cost.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Janet, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Dan and the Chico team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California office of Chico, CA.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had a pre-planned service with another agency which didn’t make us feel comfortable, and a hospice referred Neptune Society of Northern California. We called Neptune last minute, and then Neptune got our funds back from the other agency. The people at Neptune were fantastic. They handled things from A to Z and they were really thoughtful during the whole process. Kelly, from the moment we placed a call to the very end, was caring, organized, detailed and helpful.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Kerry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Kelly. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing detailed, organized, and helpful care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that we were able to transition the service from another provider to ours, smoothly and through the end of our service. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was lost after the passing of Ricky whom I cared for and the staff at Neptune from the start at 4am were compassionate, respectful, gentle and patient and so helpful to me. Since I am low income they even helped find ways to lower the cost. They took care of me and my family at this stage of the circle of life. I recommend them all the way. Thank you Neptune's staff in Stockton for all you do. God will bless you all.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Cindy, please accept our condolences on the passing of Ricky. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with our team at Stockton. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with our amazing compassion, respect, and gentle care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for letting us know that our team has found ways to help you make this service possible and for your recommendation. We thank you for your kind words and take ca

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I am still waiting to be refunded two $99 charges which I was charged twice when I inquired online about purchasing a plan. I never signed a contract online. I met with a rep and paid in full and told I would be refunded the charges.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My husband and I really liked the man who introduced us to Neptune, but also my in laws did it and it worked out great for us. When they passed we didn't have to do much. My oldest brother has it also.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Janice, firstly we want to extend our condolences for the passing of your loved ones. Second, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California of Chico, CA office.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I first contacted Neptune Society while my wife was in hospice care to ensure everything would be preset in the event of my wife's death. The Castro Valley location was extremely helpful and considerate. Another issued resolved and less to worry about. Upon my wife's death, the arrival of the funerary team to transport my wife was timely, compassionate and in my limited experience, very professional. Following up with statements, obligatory paperwork, etc was very straightforward and any questions answered with clarity. Overall, my experience has been one of great satisfaction considering the arrangements both legal and those of family considerations that were undertaken and resolved.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Bruce, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our helpful and considerate services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Good experience with Neptune Society. We wanted a prepaid cremation plan from Neptune Society, attended a luncheon, appt. at their local office with DeDe, signed our contracts. Received our wooden urns and two burl keepsake boxes. We have copied all info to our estate trustee.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Margaret, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered and if you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California of Fairfield, CA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I was very pleased with the Neptune Society of Northern California. Talofi was the very gracious, caring, helpful and made herself available anytime to helped me with all of my questions, concerns and arrangements. I was very pleased with the way they answered my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend the Neptune Society of Northern California anytime.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Herbert, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Talofi and our Belmont team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our gracious, caring, helpful services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Neptune Society of Northern California expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information