Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

Neptune Society of Northern California Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I first contacted Neptune Society while my wife was in hospice care to ensure everything would be preset in the event of my wife's death. The Castro Valley location was extremely helpful and considerate. Another issued resolved and less to worry about. Upon my wife's death, the arrival of the funerary team to transport my wife was timely, compassionate and in my limited experience, very professional. Following up with statements, obligatory paperwork, etc was very straightforward and any questions answered with clarity. Overall, my experience has been one of great satisfaction considering the arrangements both legal and those of family considerations that were undertaken and resolved.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Bruce, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our helpful and considerate services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

At a time when my grief was never more than a thought away, a condition that continues today, the people at the Neptune Society in Belmont allowed me to carry out my loved one's wishes by handling my case with clarity, efficiency, and respect. All services and options were presented quickly without pushy sales pitches for things that were not wanted. Pricing was straightforward and did not vary from established rates. Because there were no glitches or misunderstandings, the cremated remains and death certificates were given to me in half the time originally estimated. The clean, professional process had the benefit of not adding extra stress to a terrible time for me. This was the second time I used the Neptune Society of Belmont for a deceased member of my family. Although others may differ on such a highly personal matter, for me the treatment has been just right.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Hello Carl, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of our full Belmont Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of these cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your loved one!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have had previous experience with the Neptune Society as my mother and father both had plans through it. When my parents passed away the Neptune Society was there immediately to walk me through the steps that needed to be taken and to make sure everything went smoothly. Recently I met with a representative to purchase my own plan. I explained what I wanted and my plan was set up without any attempt on his part to try to sell me anything other than what I had requested. I am very impressed with the quality of the Society's services and their commitment to making sure members receive what they have requested.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Brooke, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California of Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

We decided to make decisive plans regarding our passings after the recent passing of a loved one. Neptune Society offered an informational discussion over lunch at Lalo's in Mt. Shasta, CA. which is one of our favorites. Dan, a former hospital employee was both interesting and informative. He answered all of our questions as well as others' questions. There was an incentive to sign up at the session and have paper signing within 48 hours. We made an appointment with Dan to come to our home. Our many questions were answered. The timeline to receive materials in the mail and even what happens when out of the country was fully explained. Documents were signed via his tablet and we were reassured. The biggest joy is knowing that our final wishes are now in effect!

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Virginia, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Dan and the Chico team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California of Chico, CA office.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I signed up for this service so my loved ones don't have to worry about anything when I pass. I thought it odd that my contract was separated onto subcontracts, but the cost was the same so I didn't say anything. However, I would liked to have had a choice about getting the remembrance box because it's not something my family would use. Then I get a newspaper clipping from a relative about how the Neptune Society wasn't putting the entire amount into a trust. Now I'm worried that in 20 or 30 years when I will need this service, it won't be funded enough. Not something you want to worry about.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Lisa, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We would like you to please call our Sacramento office directly and ask for our Sales Manager Joanne, as she will be more than happy to assure you and explain and contract questions or insecurities that you may have. We apologize for any wrong impressions as we can promise you that all services are covered as promised per our contract. Again, If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California of Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Quick response and accurate intake. Answered our questions easily and in a very friendly manner. Handled everything over the phone and email. Sent us copies of the completely signed contracts. Products arrived faster than expected. Received cards and feel protected and complete.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Sandra, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at Fairfield, CA office.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I appreciate the thoroughness of the Neptune Society's representative that I met with. She explained their services clearly and detailed the available options for payment. I also appreciate the reasonable cost and payment plans for the services they provide. My family is appreciative that I have made arrangements ahead of time. Death is a challenging topic to discuss and the representative was supportive, helpful and understanding and did not try to pressure me into something more than I could afford.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I wanted your service, however was displeased with the performance of the salesman who represented you. He seem confused with what I wanted. It is my own fault for not reading the contract, but I purchase more than I wanted.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

George, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also very sorry that you encountered an inconvenience with the contract mistakes on our behalf. We take full responsibility and we are very sorry that this happened. It is our understanding that our Sales representative did reach back out to you and provided an apology and assistance in regards to your concerns. We are aware that he was able to assist you and that you are satisfied. Thank you very much for your feedback and for bringing this up to our attention. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at our Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: April 21, 2020

While in the ER with my mom and hearing her diagnosis of Peritoneal Cancer and after the shock, the very first thought I had was "thank goodness mom has Neptune". Took off so much stress making it possible to focus on being with her. 5 months later, they came to get her and then allowed for us to get simply wonderful pieces to have her with us forever. Can never say enough how wonderful the Neptune Society is.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Lisa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help take so much stress off of you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 19, 2020

We are part of Neptune Society. Our son was not. We asked them to take care of son that had passed. Even though the covid 19 panic was happening. We were using email and phone to get things taken care of. John and his office people were great. Everything was taken care of with minimum problems in spite of the stay at home order and keeping your distance. I highly recommend them.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Terry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your son. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of John and the Sacramento team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Neptune Society of Northern California author review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information