It's that easy Request Information
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

24 Neptune Society of Northern California Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve had several people pass away in my lifetime. Neptune Society is who we went to because the people are being cremated. We took advantage of the preplanning services for two of the people. The third person started to arrange everything and then neglected to pay for it. But I am going to have mine prepaid and ready when I pass. I like that my family does not have to worry about it. The people there are absolutely amazing. They are caring and what impresses me is their patience. They don’t gouge you or expect you to spend the money on a bunch of trinkets. You would come in and have your person there, and they’re cremated. The people at Neptune are very thoughtful and considerate, especially Amanda, the one on Travis in Fairfield.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Hi Kathleen, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society of Northern California. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved ones. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through a few difficult moments. We are glad to know that you are going to leave this beautiful gift for your family in the future. On behalf of Amanda and the Fairfield team of Neptune Society of Northern California, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The true care, professional respect and preparation of my loved one done by the Neptune Society was beyond my expectations. Jackie and Jamie made my processing and preparations very comfortable. The follow up calls and up to date information was the best that I could ask for. They made me feel truly like family and not a number. The comfort they bestowed to me made me go through this difficult time much easier. I will be using The Neptune Society for my personal preparations in the near future because of this. Thank you and continue doing the wonderful job that you do.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

William, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with both Jackie and Jamie. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with their amazing professional respect, preparation, and true care for the families that they take into their arms during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that the comfort they bestowed to you made this time much easier and please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Neptune Society has been very helpful with the loss of my husband. It was a difficult time, and Amanda in the Fairfield office has been very caring. I thought it was a good idea to take care of such matters ahead of time so my husband and I took care of it some 20 years ago, and I have been happy with the company. My mother had the same thing when she died and they took care of it for her. The only downside was that she didn't die in Santa Cruz County and I didn't know to call the proper county. And so, I was charged for picking up her remains. But it was a minimal charge so it wasn't a big deal.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Karen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Amanda her amazing team. We are pleased to know that you and your family are satisfied with her caring and compassionate services during these difficult times. We sincerely apologize for any bumps that you encountered during your mother's service but please know that we are always here to help. Thank you for your time, take care.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The Neptune Society of Northern California was exceptionally kind and respectful to my father when he was putting his affairs in place. My father was very adamant with what he wanted when he passed and the employees at the Neptune Society worked with him so that when his time came he was at peace knowing his wishes would be carried out to the letter. After my father passed the company was very kind and made sure that they carried out my father’s desires while adhering to California law. Amanda was not only compassionate and understanding. She was very knowledgeable and able to answer all of my questions. The professional and caring way that my father and I were treated was exemplary.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

ShamareneLayne, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Amanda and the Fairfield team of Neptune Society of Northern California, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with her compassionate and understanding services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time by honoring your father's wishes as he wanted.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I'm the executor of my grandmother's trust and was there at the house when she passed. I knew Neptune would be taking care of her, and so I reached out to them. They were very friendly from coming to get her through walking me through everything on their end that I needed to do. Margaret and her team were very professional and helped me through the process and answering questions I had. They were great to work with and I never had any issues getting ahold of anyone. Losing a loved one is hard but they made it a lot easier.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Hello Scott, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your grandmother. On behalf of Margaret and the Chico Team, we are honored that we were able to make it a lot easier for you during the care of her cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during this difficult time, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your grandmother!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: May 22, 2019

We attended a seminar that Neptune of Northern California was putting on, and we signed up there. They took over when my mother passed, and everything worked perfect. They kept me informed along the way. It was an amazing experience.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Alan, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My dad died in Chico and the rehab facility that he was in recommended Neptune Society of Northern California. They had been great. Margaret, the person I spoke to, was very helpful and courteous. I had a really positive experience.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Jane, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with Margaret and her amazing compassion, helpful, and courteous care for the families she takes into her arms during these difficult times.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My father's wife had Neptune, and it worked really well when she passed away. It went so well that we decided to set it up for us and for my father. The people were very nice. They were right there for us when we needed them, and everything went very smoothly.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Carole, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father's wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our smooth services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had a pre-planned service with another agency which didn’t make us feel comfortable, and a hospice referred Neptune Society of Northern California. We called Neptune last minute, and then Neptune got our funds back from the other agency. The people at Neptune were fantastic. They handled things from A to Z and they were really thoughtful during the whole process. Kelly, from the moment we placed a call to the very end, was caring, organized, detailed and helpful.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Kerry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Kelly. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing detailed, organized, and helpful care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that we were able to transition the service from another provider to ours, smoothly and through the end of our service. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was lost after the passing of Ricky whom I cared for and the staff at Neptune from the start at 4am were compassionate, respectful, gentle and patient and so helpful to me. Since I am low income they even helped find ways to lower the cost. They took care of me and my family at this stage of the circle of life. I recommend them all the way. Thank you Neptune's staff in Stockton for all you do. God will bless you all.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Cindy, please accept our condolences on the passing of Ricky. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with our team at Stockton. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with our amazing compassion, respect, and gentle care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for letting us know that our team has found ways to help you make this service possible and for your recommendation. We thank you for your kind words and take ca

Neptune Society of Northern California expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information