4.7/5 (78 ratings)

About Neptune Society of Northern California

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

Neptune Society of Northern California Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: April 22, 2020

Quick response and accurate intake. Answered our questions easily and in a very friendly manner. Handled everything over the phone and email. Sent us copies of the completely signed contracts. Products arrived faster than expected. Received cards and feel protected and complete.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Sandra, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at Fairfield, CA office.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I appreciate the thoroughness of the Neptune Society's representative that I met with. She explained their services clearly and detailed the available options for payment. I also appreciate the reasonable cost and payment plans for the services they provide. My family is appreciative that I have made arrangements ahead of time. Death is a challenging topic to discuss and the representative was supportive, helpful and understanding and did not try to pressure me into something more than I could afford.

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I wanted your service, however was displeased with the performance of the salesman who represented you. He seem confused with what I wanted. It is my own fault for not reading the contract, but I purchase more than I wanted.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

George, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also very sorry that you encountered an inconvenience with the contract mistakes on our behalf. We take full responsibility and we are very sorry that this happened. It is our understanding that our Sales representative did reach back out to you and provided an apology and assistance in regards to your concerns. We are aware that he was able to assist you and that you are satisfied. Thank you very much for your feedback and for bringing this up to our attention. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at our Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: April 21, 2020

While in the ER with my mom and hearing her diagnosis of Peritoneal Cancer and after the shock, the very first thought I had was "thank goodness mom has Neptune". Took off so much stress making it possible to focus on being with her. 5 months later, they came to get her and then allowed for us to get simply wonderful pieces to have her with us forever. Can never say enough how wonderful the Neptune Society is.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Lisa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help take so much stress off of you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 19, 2020

We are part of Neptune Society. Our son was not. We asked them to take care of son that had passed. Even though the covid 19 panic was happening. We were using email and phone to get things taken care of. John and his office people were great. Everything was taken care of with minimum problems in spite of the stay at home order and keeping your distance. I highly recommend them.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Terry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your son. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of John and the Sacramento team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I recently purchased the $3,100.00 Cremation package on the Monthly payment plan through Jason ** in Sacramento Ca. I was very pleased with his service and manner in which it was presented. Has provided me with much peace of mind knowing that my daughter will be able to take care of my final arrangements with little to no worries or difficulties. Thank you.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Larry, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Jason and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at Sacramento CA office.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Everyone at Neptune Society that handled my mother’s remains, from those that picked her up to the person who gave her back to me, was sensitive, caring and very professional. I would certainly choose them again and am glad my mom chose them to handle her final affairs. Thank you.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Laurie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our sensitive, caring, and very professional services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: April 18, 2020

The information provided by Deede ** and assistance in completion for our plan was excellent. She made it so very simple and understandable as to what your organization would provide. She also informed me about all the the US government would provide under my VA benefits.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Carl, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Deede and the Fairfield team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at Fairfield, CA office.

Original review: April 18, 2020

This was my second experience working with Amanda at The Neptune Society of Northern California. Both times, Amanda has made what is clearly a difficult time much easier by kindly, patiently, and gently working with the family through the process. Even when pre-planning has been done, there's still paperwork and when your mind is going in so many different directions at once, it is so helpful to have someone to guide you through. At this particular time, with COVID-19 making planning especially difficult, again Amanda was very reassuring throughout. As of this writing, we have not completed our services with Neptune; however, I am confident that once we can move forward and put our loved one to final rest, Amanda will be there to see us through to the conclusion. I am very grateful.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Hello Tami, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Amanda and our Fairfield team, we are honored that you and your family chose us this second time to take care of the cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your loved ones! Please know that we are always here to help...

Original review: April 18, 2020

I responded to internet re. Neptune Society membership. I made contact by responding to internet. I was called by very polite person who was not in the least pushy, which made me much more receptive to his sales pitch. I was executor for my father's estate and realize how much the survivors have to deal with. I want my family have the least amount of stress possible when my time comes to leave this body.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Michael, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California at our Chico location office.

Neptune Society of Northern California author review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information