It's that easy Request Information
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 125,000 customers and counting, Neptune Society of Northern California provides both planned and immediate care crematory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Neptune Society of Northern California has several offices throughout the state: Belmont, Castro Valley, Chico, Fairfield, Livermore, Marin County, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton and Walnut Creek; each of which are ready to help you plan you or your loved ones afterlife care.

Neptune Society of Northern California Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

From the moment I stepped inside, these people were wonderful. My service provider was deeply caring, authentic, effective and able to hear my needs clearly and respond appropriately. My husband had died two days prior, dying in his sleep with no warning at all. He left no plans for his death. Needless to say, my shock and grief left me nearly nonfunctional. My Neptune agent gently, kindly guided me, and what might have been an overwhelming meeting turned out to be comforting, grounding, and healing in its way. This was a perfect experience.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Elisabeth, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of the Santa Rosa Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to guide and serve you with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your husband!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Peace of mind and a good idea of what is needed. The box was delivered as promised. Now the hard part is for me to figure out what to put in the guide book. I have told several friends and family to check the website and see if this is a good solution for their own arrangements.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Pamela, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California Belmont, CA office.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had a pre-planned service with another agency which didn’t make us feel comfortable, and a hospice referred Neptune Society of Northern California. We called Neptune last minute, and then Neptune got our funds back from the other agency. The people at Neptune were fantastic. They handled things from A to Z and they were really thoughtful during the whole process. Kelly, from the moment we placed a call to the very end, was caring, organized, detailed and helpful.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Kerry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Kelly. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing detailed, organized, and helpful care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that we were able to transition the service from another provider to ours, smoothly and through the end of our service. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was lost after the passing of Ricky whom I cared for and the staff at Neptune from the start at 4am were compassionate, respectful, gentle and patient and so helpful to me. Since I am low income they even helped find ways to lower the cost. They took care of me and my family at this stage of the circle of life. I recommend them all the way. Thank you Neptune's staff in Stockton for all you do. God will bless you all.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Cindy, please accept our condolences on the passing of Ricky. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with our team at Stockton. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with our amazing compassion, respect, and gentle care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for letting us know that our team has found ways to help you make this service possible and for your recommendation. We thank you for your kind words and take ca

Original review: March 7, 2019

The true care, professional respect and preparation of my loved one done by the Neptune Society was beyond my expectations. Jackie and Jamie made my processing and preparations very comfortable. The follow up calls and up to date information was the best that I could ask for. They made me feel truly like family and not a number. The comfort they bestowed to me made me go through this difficult time much easier. I will be using The Neptune Society for my personal preparations in the near future because of this. Thank you and continue doing the wonderful job that you do.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

William, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with both Jackie and Jamie. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with their amazing professional respect, preparation, and true care for the families that they take into their arms during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that the comfort they bestowed to you made this time much easier and please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society of Northern California?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Wonderful experience in the SF Bay, Crew and the service were excellent! Would recommend it to anyone who has family or friends that love the SF Bay, or the bridge. So grateful we had great weather and calm seas. Our mother would have loved it!

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Amanda, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

David ** was our contact. He made this as easy as possible to do our business. Everything was done promptly. Our packages arrived and they are being stored in a closet. Two of our children know where they are and the third child will be told when he arrives for a visit.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Ellie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of David and the Livermore team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California office of Livermore.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Jason provided excellent customer service, total explanation of all the documents that needed/required my signature, and answered any and all questions I had. I highly recommend Jason and the Neptune Society to those needing to make final arrangements. The cost comparisons are a very determining factor for many seniors. The cost for Neptune Society compared to burial is more efficient.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Dreama, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Jason and the Fairfield team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California office of Fairfield.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Melissa, our Rep did a great presentation, reminding us of the emotional decisions that need to get made right after a loved one dies. My parents took care of at least their internment. The Neptune Society allows you to prepare for your loved ones. I liked that the prepaid service takes care of the body anywhere in the world. Nice recyclable box.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Paula, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Michelle and the Marin team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California office of Marin, CA.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

The reason that we had picked the Neptune Society was because of the name. The salesperson who came to our house was professional and understanding. My husband and I have been able to take the burden off of our children of what to do after our deaths. Thank you, Neptune Society.

Neptune Society of Northern California response

Terri, we welcome you and your husband and we are happy to have you both as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Northern California office of Castro Valley, CA.

Neptune Society of Northern California expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Offers cremation services to people in California. If there isn’t a regional office near you, then a representative will drive to you so you don’t have to go out of your way. Whether you are planning for yourself or a loved one, they will help you choose the right type of memorial for your situation.

• Several service options: You can choose everything from a cremation with a visitation and funeral service to a cremation with no service.

• Several locations: There are locations all across California to serve you. If you aren’t near one, then a representative will make the drive to you to help you with your planning.

• Free online bereavement program: Mourning a loved one is never easy. Neptune Society of Northern California has a free online bereavement program called 12 Weeks of Peace to help you and your loved ones through the process.

• Free answer book: Planning a cremation for the first time can be daunting. Sign up for your free answer book to find answers to all of your questions.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society of Northern California Company Information