PNC Bank

PNC Bank

3.7/5 (1415 ratings)

About PNC Bank

PNC Mortgage (NMLS #446303), a part of The PNC Financial Services Group, is a full-service lender with a variety of purchase and refinance mortgage products, including conventional, VA, USDA and FHA loans. PNC has physical branches in 28 states and Washington, D.C.

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Simple was bought out by BBVA, BBVA was bought out by PNC so Because of GREED now the customer suffers. Check deposit still not available although the PAYER has had the funds withdrawn from his account since yesterday. Cannot get anyone on the phone or chat!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Outraged with BBVA to PNC. Online banking a disaster after days and hours of trying to set it up. Passwords don't hold and security data changes without my permission. Quickbooks won't connect. PNC doesn't answer phone nor email. Branch doesn't know anything. I AM CHANGING BANKS!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I am (was) a long time customer of Compass Bank. When they transitioned to BBVA, it was seamless. Now, here we are, a decade later, and along comes PNC Bank. After months of mailings, instructions, timelines. I did all that was asked of me. PNC did not keep their promise. I sit here with expired BBVA debit and credit cards, and a couple books of "bad" checks. Never received new cards as stated, and also were told we could now access our accounts on the PNC App. Another lie.

Without new card numbers or "voice" pins, access is forbidden. My money has been hostage for 5 days. All of it. I have absolutely no access to my funds. Direct Deposit is scheduled tomorrow, and I guess I won't see that either. I'm persistent when it comes to my business and have been on hold now almost 6 hours on just this call. Their online customer service is Twitter. How juvenile, strange, and unsafe is that for a financial institution to do business? (Also unresponsive to my plea for help.)

Gee whiz, folks. I am a responsible upstanding citizen, but when they take all my money away. Kids are hungry, car needs gas. I am absolutely desperate. Only what should be one keystroke away from thousands of dollars that I've saved in my accounts. Is impending hunger, joblessness, and homelessness if not resolved immediately. Please stop being non-responsive. That is scarier than just telling us it will take a few more days. Tell me something, PNC. Situation dire.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

It is not possible for any bank to be as dysfunction as PNC Bank. Absolutely unbelievable how dysfunction this bank really is. Unless you bank with this bank you will not know how bad this bank really is!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

PNC purchased BBVA Compass. Went into Irving location and spoke with Irving & Brian **, Manager. Horrible service. Told me that they were never trained on new systems, couldn't locate my account. I still don't have answers. Today I tried calling to get additional help. Been on hold for almost an hour. I filed a complaint-or Brian says he filed on my behalf. I'm deeply concerned.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I am a BBVA customer transferring to PNC. Tonight I tried to access my account, I was unable to open. I called the bank 2 times, there was no reply. The 2nd call I held for 40 minutes! I feel PNC should have extra staff accessible this week for help with accounts online.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I've been a loyal customer for 10 years, always made my payments on time, always put my money in their bank. Now I'm done and I'm far from happy. Multiple representatives and "supervisors" lied right to my face about interest charges. I ended up getting hit with them and the bank refused to waive them just one time. For some reason, my recorded calls that prove their lies could not be found on their system -- I wonder why! They lie, tie up your money, then throw ridiculous fees at you. They are the most unaccommodating bank, especially when it comes to their loyal customers. I understand being cautious with a new customer, but my 10 years of perfect reputation should count for something. They have made me feel completely undervalued and cheated.

Customer service is terrible, and I've never had a complaint before. I have to give credit to one person who has been very helpful and empathetic, but that's it. All their reps act like PNC is the only bank you should use, which is not a good thing. Financial advice will often say to not keep all your money in one place, but PNC advocates against this. They want all your money in their one bank. Not a smart move. Do not bank with PNC. They are operating by legal theft and will lie to your face.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

PNC Bank is okay, but I don't think we'd use them again. They really overpromise and underdeliver. Our closing was delayed for multiple days with no communication from the our PNC Loan Representative. Luckily the sellers worked with us and the deal didn't fall through. Additionally, PNC hired an appraiser who charged $450 and PNC pocketed our $800 they charged us. The appraiser that they hired didn't even have a professional email address. This appraiser had no idea what they were doing and pulled comps from 11 months ago in a city that has experienced a 15% average annual real estate sales price increase.

We asked our PNC loan officer to help us but he was minimally (if at all) helpful in this ridiculously low appraisal. We had to cover the difference (75k dollars) last minute which was also not welcome, given the out of touch appraisal. The PNC loan agent didn't follow up with any of the issues after the closing that he said they would.

Finally, PNC sent an email out to after closing that asked for "all 10's on the review so that their personal compensation is not harmed." I sent my complaints directly to the loan officer instead of the survey, but the loan officer never responded. I feel taken advantage of by their attempts to inflate their feedback review scores and guilt their clients into giving higher scores than deserved. Other than the above issues, PNC experience was okay.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My daughter's credit score is 730. I cosigned for an application on her student loan. My credit score is over 730, I make over $3000 a week and I have no credit card debt. The amount of the loan was going to be $5000. I can pay for her school as I have been but I wanted to remodel my house and so we were going to do a student loan. Application denied. When I asked who would be more eligible than I, they offered no answer. It is safe to assume they are not giving student loans, they are only charging students an application fee.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Debit card was stolen, I reported it, canceled my card and got a new one. PNC credited my account the $510 that was missing. Just received a letter in the mail stating, an investigation was performed and the $510 they credited me would be reversed with no explanation. I called customer service, they are totally oblivious to even what day it is let alone take care of a minor problem like this. I have banked here for over 35 years, I will be pulling all my money out and closing this account. I would advise anyone who cherishes their hard earned money to do the same. PNC IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED, THEY ARE CROOKS. Go to Chase, Huntington, Wells Fargo, hell keep your money in a shoebox, it will be well better protected there. Please be aware, again, PNC IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

DON'T bank with them. I was a customer for over 10 years. But their service has gone to the dogs. They did away with their Security and Fraud Dept. Several of their branches have closed, and they now operate on a skeleton crew. They take DAYS to respond or follow up with you on ANY account mishaps or fraud. They no longer provide provisional credits because they claim it's "too much money". Utter nonsense. I recently had $1000 stolen from my account from PayPal, and PNC refused a provisional credit while they 'looked into it' making me wait 10 days, before very slowly crediting me back my lost money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Where to I start? I got bought a new Ford Raptor which got totaled and the insurance company paid it off and overpaid and the warranty also was cancelled as well. So now PNC bank is overpaid and now that they have to cut back a check to the customer because the selling dealer send the refund to PNC thinking that it was not paid off so thanks to the awesome service from the selling dealer. They took the responsibility to reach out to PNC and find out what is the outcome. As me and PNC bank were on the phone 3 way they told me and the dealer that the process since they cash the check they were going to cut a check to the customer.

Now my vehicle was paid in full in June of 2021 and now here 9/20 and am still looking for a check and all they do is tell me, "Sir I send an email is all that we can do." What does this means...when in reality all they have to do is cut me a check. So on July of 2021 they told me that the check was send back to the dealer when they agreed that they cash the check. So now they don't want to give my money when the dealer said just on 9/15 that no check is there. Why they just put stop payment on the check since they are already at fault and cut me another and send it to my address but you all already know they playing games?

Horrible bank with the worse customer service... just because the emotional stress they giving my family. I will keep posting this here everyday all over the internet so all customer know what they do and I also will post IN front of the PNC bank locations making a huge big deal about this and you know why? I never missed my payments. Pay them on time. Not a cheap payment as well. Think about it. FORD RAPTOR. I WILL CONTINUE TILL THIS HITS NATIONWIDE and you all will see am not the only one. Thank for taking the time to read and please repost and share with me your experience.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

PNC has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Their representatives are untrained, unprofessional and curb questions. I have tried to be proactive to avoid dealing with them but somehow always end up spending an unnecessary amount of time being belittled by their employees for no mistake of my own.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

We have an online business account with PNC in Mt. Poconos, so I was directed to call the number on the website for assistance with an online transfer of funds that was CANCELLED without a good explanation. After calling the local bank in Mt Poconos, the agent was unfriendly, unapologetic and told me after I had given her all the information regarding the banking account that I had to call online banking with no apologies. Most other banks would already be saying, "I'm sorry madam but you need to contact online banking..." No not PNC agents, they just say, "I can't help you. Call this other number." Then I asked, why was I referred to this number, they should have listed the online number on the website so I'm not wasting my time. She did not reply. She just said, "Do you want the online number?" The worst customer service; the agents are dry, unapologetic and have poor customer service.

Then when I called the online number after I gave all the bank information, the gentleman transferred me again saying, "I can't help you." without again apologizing for wasting my time. Then transferred me and 3rd agent assisted me but when I told him I never had an experience where I was limited in how much I could transfer in the 3 business days, he replied in silence. No customer service or ability to empathize with customers. If they were not the predominant bank in Poconos, I would not stay with them. The worst customer service. 9/10/21.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Do not let BBVA bank accounts get switched over to PNC banks just because they bought them out! Horrible customer service, lies, they lose important paperwork etc. Claims to be "your bankers" but have bad service. They don't deserve to get your account from the other bank- warning: Switch banks before this happens! - I opened an account and closed it a few weeks later because of the poor service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is my first experience with PNC and I am not impressed. To make payments to our auto loan, we have the option of paying online, or mailing a check. I have paid everything online for years, so attempted to utilize that option. However, things have not gone well. After two failed attempts to pay through the portal, (payment made and then reversed a week later) I received a phone call to collect the late payment, late fee, and next months payment. I paid the late payment only. Found out later, I will be charged $7.00 to pay by phone. So, for the next payment, I attempted to pay from my bank (Chase) to PNC. The payment went through but the next day two pending payments are shown. One that seems to have been initiated from Chase and one initiated from PNC!

I had checked to see if any payments were scheduled in the PNC portal and it said none. Not sure why there is a duplicate payment pending. This has been very troublesome, just to make a simple auto loan payment online. I like auto withdrawals, but don't feel confident to try that. Guess I will go back to mailing a check in a week before the due date. Haven't done that in years.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

My bank account as well as My wife's bank account was compromised by illegal entity intrusion and takeover of our bank accounts. PNC caused us to know the real world that banks are thieves time and time again and to never trust them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Lost my job due to Covid. Called to see what options they offer for my HELOC. Best offer made for me was to pay 50% of my payments for 3 months with balance due added as a balloon. I agreed to the terms. Subsequently sent me a letter, after making my payments as agreed, that the terms have changed and now the remaining 50% deferred was due at the end of the deferment period. Talked to several managers about why they changed the rules of the game after it started, and they tell me that can’t offer anything to help me with the other 50%… it and the late fees are now due. It’s clear to me they care more about their investors and not their customers who make their payments on time for years. So BEWARE - they may make you a verbal offer but change the terms later.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My mortgage was recently sold to PNC bank, (not my choice but I was not overly concerned) I have been with them a little over 1 month and they just pulled my mortgage payment twice! Normally I would say accidents happen BUT my sister's loan was sold to them at the same time and the exact same thing happened to her almost a month ago. She is still waiting on her refund!!! After calling them to complain we were told they have to hold the money for a certain number of days before refunding it. A mortgage payment is not a small amount of money. In my opinion they should have to return my money to me within 24 hours since it was their mistake. This is obviously something they do on a normal basis. I have already called my mortgage company to request a refinance immediately. If you must use PNC, Do not let them auto deduct your payment. They cannot be trusted!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

I deposited a $4500 insurance check on a Saturday and that following Tuesday the check was rejected because the check had my wife's first name after mine who wasn't on the account. I went to the bank Tuesday as soon as the bank opened to fix the error and was told I could not get the check or fix the error that I was to wait one to two weeks to get the check in the mail which already has my signature on the back. My bank policy doesn't state that PNC is supposed to do anything like that but it does say on none business days, ATM check deposits I would be allowed to withdraw a $100 of that check if it's under $50,000 I was not able to do that is well. PNC is a bank for the people it's a bank to store your money which you can find a place to store your money anywhere. I will never recommend PNC.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I signed up in the late 90s, early 00s. The reason for my change is my existing bank would charge ATM fees on ATM's not owned by my bank at the time. They had a handful of locations but wanted me to pay for not having the infrastructure anywhere else. PNC doesn’t charge ATM fees. Third party ATM’s could still charge you but it’s never happened to me. After switching and the amount of times I used ATM’s it was certainly worth the time investment making that change. For over a decade, things went pretty well. That in itself needed to be said because these days it’s pretty rare you can say that about business, seriously that has a lot of value.

Once banking fraud and security became a thing, PNC didn’t hold up on rolling with the changes. I was one of millions that was compromised from a data leak from Home Depot. That is not fault of the bank. But I discovered this as I was attempting to pump fuel, I was at work (traveling consultant). PNC refused to allow me to access my money or use the card in any way to purchase fuel regardless of the situation I found myself in. I was stranded, it was real bad. I had to call my boss and communicate that I need a ride and money, I’m not allowed to buy fuel per PNC. Also, the emergency I was headed too, you will need to pull someone off another job and cover because I can’t even make it home. Don’t think I need to paint a picture on how that went or how it felt working there moving forward. Certainly doesn’t come off as reliable/dependable employee does it?

I left PNC as a result. I returned 6 years later. After the replacement bank was bought for the 4th time just in the last year and a half, having to come in every couple months to update paperwork and dispute policy changes designed to be predatory I had enough. Been with PNC another 7 years. I haven’t had any fraudulent things occur on my account to test if the process has been improved. However, I did have to perform a charge back. I was ripped off on a purchase. The person I worked with at PNC was excellent at communicating the documentation I needed and things to look for that are important to include. PNC reimbursed me on the spot temporarily until investigation was complete. PNC confirmed my side of the story. It was quite a simple and easy experience. I appreciate that.

However for the last six years I had a lot of trouble accessing my money to the point it’s no longer practical to continue to use PNC. At least without at least a thirty minute phone call minimal to have an online banking password reset. It’s important to note I’m an I.T professional. This is relevant because most of my day is spent resetting passwords. Needless to say I document all my passwords to an excel sheet. Outside of needing a password reset once in 2001 for an old e-mail account I’ve never needed to have a password reset. Enter PNC Bank, Destroyer of online banking access.

Any device, any browser, any time. Never can get in. Type in the username and password absolutely correct. Even type it in to Notepad first to ensure no characters have been added. Account always locked or communicate the username or password is incorrect. Sometimes it will ask you for the last 4 of your social and send you a pin. Despite the information also being correct I never receive the text and it tells me the last four on my social is wrong. Did double check with the bank and they have my Social number correct along with right phone number.

The thirty minute investment is making the call to have it reset. Once reset it will work for about two weeks max. After that always the same. This has occurred over a six year period so many times I’ve had this conversation with PNC in excess of twenty times. Went so far to raise hell about it enough to start getting phone calls back about it. “We're looking into it, etc.” But nothing was ever resolved or followed up on.

Only once was I taken seriously, all chalking it up as “He must have forgot”. After three attempts the account is locked. It just so happened that after my account was reset it was locked immediately again while on the phone with them before I had the chance to sign on. It was believed someone was attempting to login to my account so we changed the username. We changed it to something pretty strange so the likelihood of anyone guessing a username like that would be pretty extreme. Still continued to happen, no access without a thirty minute + phone call each and every time.

Outside the frustration factor what’s that like in 2021? Someone drops a check off. Can't use mobile deposit with online banking, you receive a stimulus, hope you have at least thirty minutes. The worst case I had to rush to the gas station to get money orders because the car carrier uses a mainstream app to process the service but it required me to sign on to PNC online banking. All those things you can forget about, never going to happen. It’s simply not available. Technically it could be for a few days until someone or something locks it. In terms of what’s happening with PNC technical issues I have a few ideas due to my trade but it's only speculation.

If you don’t need access to online banking, honestly PNC is a pretty solid choice. My experience here has been pretty great on that front. However any technology changes such as online banking or new features if you depend on those things it’s not a practical choice. The time investment of thirty plus minutes each time and the hurdles required wouldn’t be so bad if it was a once a year thing instead of a weekly.

I’ve opened up a new account at a new bank. I’m still testing it. But thus far, week three I was able to sign on using both my phone and PC and always have access to my account so far. PNC the password reset lasted three days, I’ve had it last up to two weeks but it’s rare. In the next week or two when I have time I have to make the visit to PNC to close my accounts and move it to the new bank. Real chore getting all the accounts setup again for auto billing and direct deposit, etc. It really is a shame on the technology front. It has gone unresolved for six years and isn’t on the radar as a priority. That’s the pros and cons of PNC from a long time customer. I wrote this intended to send it via e-mail to PNC but they don’t have an email address available, guess if you have to wait at least a half hour it's a compelling gate keeper of communication to cut down the work. But again the issue is always disregarded.

Original review: July 12, 2021

PNC's fraud department marked a check counterfeit that was not counterfeit. My bank called to find out why and they are refusing to send my bank a legal copy of the non counterfeit check. Now I am stuck with a returned check fee.

Original review: July 10, 2021

This bank is very chaotic in organization & this leads to a very frustrating experience. Simple things like activating a credit or debit card can not resolved as advertised & requires long wait times to resolve. More detailed procedures are not acted upon immediately & require subsequent trips to the bank to resolve. Each representative I speak is not interested in resolving my issue & only seek to delay answering. I do NOT recommend PNC Bank. I doubt one could do any worse by banking with another bank.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I transferred $10K from Chase to PNC Bank last Nov. The transaction failed for no reason and the fund DIDN'T go back to my Chase account! I visited PNC and Chase bank to dispute the transaction and NONE OF THEM take responsibility! Now my money just get LOST!! The most irresponsibility bank I ever used! If you don't want lose your money, NEVER use them!!!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Love the virtual wallet application for PNC bank. Easy to use. Easy to transfer money. Easy to understand your balances and set up automatic transfer to alternate savings accounts or pay bills online. Great application that I feel safe using.

Original review: June 9, 2021

PNC Bank through its Vice President, Business Banker Yousof Alam fraudulently lied to me as I had applied for the PPP loan for my business. I had applied based on the SBA formula and arrived at a low amount. He called me and informed me that I was actually approved for more funds than I had applied for. I told him that based on SBA's guideline that my application was correct. He insisted that I was actually approved for more.

He asked me to redo my application, I informed him that it was not possible as the site was not letting apply again. So he sent me an email of a blank application form to fill out. Unfortunately I can't upload the documents here, you guys would have seen the difference between the two application forms. Now that it's time to apply for forgiveness, PNC bank is now telling that the extra amount that I got due to Yousof Alam will now be turned into a loan from PNC bank. The issue is that I have already used the amount to pay my staff for 24 weeks as against 12 weeks. If he had gone with my original application, I would have paid my staff for 12 weeks. Now they want me to own a Loan with them for their mistake. And They had collected commission for the higher amount, which was why they fraudulently lied and pushed people to take higher amounts. I don't have the money to go to court or hire a lawyer, but will gladly sell my house to fight this.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Horrible service. Locked my account for fraudulent activity and wouldn’t unlock it even after I provided proof of transactions. Now I’m behind on bills for 90 days after another investigation is being done. I don’t know what I’m going to do as far as far as living arrangements. I asked them to not allow withdrawals from vendors and they approved that but vendors are still withdrawing my money and when I called corporate they still continued to let them withdraw out of the account. When asked they said oops they are sorry. I will never bank with them again and I advise you to get away from them. I have a lawyer and we will be in contact. In 90 days I will be leaving this bank.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I probably can't fit all the information on here but it did not show I found out that my bank has been overdrafting fees on things that should have never gone through in the first place for 7 years. And when I brought this up to them an associate literally acted like I didn't even ask a question and said, "Well you're protected now." And then I asked again, "What about the past several years that I should not have been having this happen." And once again he said exactly the same thing, "You are protected now."

I ended up getting ahold of the branch manager and talking with her on the phone and this was a couple weeks later when another overdraft came out and she had to explain to me why it was happening now I believe they're at the time but the next day realized that there's no way that she was right and what she said so I went in and asked her again why a specific charge took away my grace period to bring the account back up to zero or why that charge even went through in the first place.

She insisted on having our meeting in front of Oliver and employees and she was extremely rude. You did exactly the same thing when I asked her about it. Basically told me I had money in there but didn't but I didn't get charged a fee for that so I shouldn't be mad about it, completely missing the point that whether or not I was charged to fee for that one I was charging to feed the next day and I wasn't allowed to grace period to bring it back up to zero because of the previous drop below zero.

I called customer service. They actually were pretty helpful and then they set up a call with escalation department. She called about 2 Days later and was immediately on the attack. She was trying to tell me several things that I knew weren't true at the time but I didn't have all the information in front of me. I checked later and yeah she was lying to me and then she was acting like a child. She wouldn't let me finish telling the story of how I was treated by the associate and branch manager. Kept interrupting to ask very off topic questions and that would bring me to another topic point and then she complained that I was skipping around when she was doing the skipping.

Our conversation ended with her yelling at me like a three year old telling me to apparently give her seven years of financial data that I should have on hand and ready to give her which she had on her computer anyway. She got me the time I wasn't able to log into my account and I'm looking at the statements that she was telling me. They were all ACH payments which would have gone through and would have been legitimate, but they weren't. It's the thing is they were debit card swipes which I keep getting told over and over do not get charged because they would be declined. That was not true. There's one from a gas station and there's another one that was disputed but somehow that was gleamed over by her.

And I could tell right away she was just trying to get me worked up. It worked for sure but see it was her job in my opinion to make somebody mad enough to where they wouldn't want to sue because I have not yet spoken to one person on there except one of the nice customer service ladies that there's definitely something fishy going on and not all overdraft charges are my fault. In fact most of them aren't.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I don't understand why someone has to go through obstacles for their money. You stupid people running the company need to make CARD FREE access just that. How are you needing a card on file? The ** is ** mentally challenged. Card free should be card free. If not, change the terminology. This causes trust issues with banks. Take whatever information given to you. It's my ** account. I should be able to have access no matter what. Maybe if you work on sending the card a bit quicker things can be avoided. Either way, the system needs to change.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I had my refinance done with PNC bank, the whole process was smooth and stress free, my loan officer was Trent ** and my loan processor was Lauren **, oh my God what a great team they make, I was bombarding them with lots of questions and they were always available and reliable to answer any questions that I had. Trent is a man of his words, he explains the whole process and what is expected. I would strongly recommend him for any mortgage needs. Mrs **.

PNC Bank Company Information