5.0(1,006)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Patriot Gold Group

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metal IRAs as well as gold and silver coins and bars, which are available for home delivery. There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs, and retirement accounts can be set up in a day. Patriot Gold Group also offers precious metals storage in different parts of the country, though it doesn’t disclose the full list.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • No-fee-for-life program
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
    • Multiple storage options
    Cons
    • Only deals in gold and silver
    • No online purchases

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

1 featured review
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2019

Working with PGG has been an excellent experience for me. The market wasn’t doing well at that time and I wanted something safe and secure for my retirement funds. I bought metals from PGG and the quick process and support makes them highly recommended.

Thanks for the reco JC.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2019

Jack at PGG is amazing and a really helpful person. I was being skeptical at first but then he answered all my questions with real answers. Because of him, I was able to convert a big portion of my IRA into gold and now I’m at peace from this crazy market.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2019

I only write reviews when I’m highly satisfied with a service and so here I am. I was willing to transfer my old 401k into precious metals but had no idea how to do so. I subscribed to the newsletter and got some really useful tips along with economic advice. Then I called up and started with a small investment and will continue to put more into gold & silver as I see the returns grow. Perfect timing so far!

Pinned

We appreciate your business, Chuck!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2019

Hey Patriot Gold Group, you’re doing a great job in the market. I see your ads all the time and I wasn’t disappointed when I called and got Mike. I was pleased to hear from you even after my metals were delivered to ensure my satisfaction. Will be ordering more very soon!

Pinned

We look forward to it Steph!

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2019

I am quite amazed at the speed and efficiency of Patriot Gold Group in helping me transfer of my IRA funds from stocks into something more stable and sensible (as I watch this crazy stock market in 2019). I highly recommend Patriot Gold to anyone who is looking to purchase gold and silver for their IRA funds. It’s a healthy balance especially as you want steady growth vs. high risk I certainly couldn’t tolerate.

Pinned

Freddy- that's exactly right, slow and steady growth vs volatility that can wipe you out in a day or week.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2019

The constant help and guidance Patriot Gold Group provides to their clients is a BIG plus in my eyes. Jack and the team are highly professional and made my transfer process easy. Thank you very much, PGG!

Pinned

Jeff - please don't hesitate to call when you want to roll over a little more at a time, we will be here.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2019

Quite cooperative and highly skilled team. They answered all my various questions and helped with my IRA funds. I would surely invest more with Patriot Gold Group as they are credible and easy to work with. A big thanks to the entire team, especially Mike.

Pinned

You got it, my pleasure Amy!

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2019

I am glad that I chose Patriot Gold to handle my IRA fund transfer into precious metals. They have made my first-time investment an easy deal. Jack and the team gave me full guidance and support considering my inexperience. I totally recommend the guys over at PGG.

Pinned

Jack sends his regards and thanks you for the shout out

Price

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2019

I’ve done two trades with Jack and both times I received my metals within a week! I can believe how much better their pricing is and how quick their delivery is compared to others. Patriot Gold is reliable and efficient!

Pinned

Jack says thank you, Claire. We appreciate the rating and the nice words.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2019

Thank you Patriot Gold for your patience with me! You helped me have my very old 401k transferred into gold. With the US economy crashing down around me, you earned my trust in my “hour of need.” And I am a pretty nervous person to begin with… Keep up the good work!

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2019

I was looking around on the internet and I contacted a couple of other companies. The first one seemed to have too much commissions and many guys out there independently getting their cut. The second one seemed to be huge because I got passed up to an assistant, and then things just didn’t follow through well. I then called Patriot Gold and it has been a good experience.

I worked with Jack and we’ve got a plan of action. He passed me over to someone who handles precious metal IRAs because that’s what I was doing. I was recommended to Charley, and then Mike is now handling the detail. It has been a clear line of communication and it seems like they have all of the savings of my lifetime in their hands, and I’m pretty well there for trusting them. I like their understanding of the business that they’re in and how unique it is. I also like their communication and professionalism. They were able to answer all my questions, and they took their time. Also, there's always time to talk to the owner, which is great. If he’s got an appointment, he’ll call me back in a half hour, which he does.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2019

Patriot Gold Group has proven to be the best platform for my investments. They treat everyone equally and their team provided me with the best possible solution for my worries over my IRA rollover. PGG has great coordination with their clients and is always there to help.

Our pleasure Peter!

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2019

I had an annuity that was closing out. The interest got me and I needed to roll that over into something that I was hoping would be a bit more stable than the stock market is right now. I've read about metals where the market dropped in 2008 and the silver tripled and gold doubled. I figured since it was getting close and things were looking dire in the picture, that would be the way to go. I called Lear, but Patriot Gold offered me a no-fee IRA, which meant I didn't have to pay any fees, such as storage fees, which was excellent. When Lear sent me their brochure, there were a solid amount of fees that they had for their services, where Patriot Gold just right upfront let me know if they could give me a no-fee IRA. That was the deal breaker and it was just a no-brainer after that since Lear didn't even offer to me when they would talk to me.

The Patriot Gold team had been superb throughout the whole deal and they've done well. Anything that I've asked Patriot Gold to do, they get it done. They're in California and I'm a West Virginian. There was one time that I called them. They had papers for me to sign and it happened so quick that they had it in FedEx, and FedEx had to meet me the next day, which doesn't normally happen. For that kind of thing to happen that quick, that blew my mind. Patriot Gold had been right on the ball to have wanted it done. I would recommend them.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2019

Jack ** was professional, knowledgable and helped me with rolling my IRA out of the stock market and diversifying with Gold and Silver. Highly recommend working with Patriot Gold, I will continue to utilize them for any future investments moving forward.

Pinned

We look forward to working with you again in the future.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2019

My second order of various silver coins has arrived yesterday. I can’t stop looking at them. They are beautifully packaged, and they are in mint condition. I purchased the coins just a few days ago, so the delivery was very fast. Also, it was insured. Insurance was an additional service and it was free because I placed a bigger order. I felt very comfortable waiting for the delivery because I knew it was insured. Mike was the person who helped me to chose the coins and he walked me through the process and took care of everything. I think gold coins will be my next investment. Of course, with Patriot Gold Group!

Pinned

It is our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2019

I am very pleased with the Patriot Gold Group and the service we’ve received. The entire staff has provided very professional service in helping us start a Gold IRA and we have zero fees for the life of the account.

We aim to please!

Jessica increased rating by 1 star.
      Customer ServiceStaff
      After a positive interaction with Patriot Gold Group, Jessica increased their star rating.

Original Review: Feb. 8, 2019

Andy and his team at Patriot have been extremely supportive and helped me successfully turn my IRA funds into gold. They were very patient in listening to my requests and welcomed me with their friendly attitude. Great work! Great place! Great people!

Pinned

Thanks very much for the great message. We appreciate clients like you, Jessica!

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2019

I usually do not leave reviews for the services but I am really pleased with the customer service and professionalism of all Patriot Gold Group employees. I appreciate their patience. If you speak with Mike, make sure to ask him a lot of questions about the microeconomic climate. He is very knowledgable. Also, they will evaluate your portfolio for FREE if you ask!

Pinned

We strive to stay up to date so that we can help you with all aspects of your investment.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2019

The process of setting up an account and then the rollover activity from Fidelity is time-consuming with some other companies. Patriot Gold did it quickly. In a day, they were able to roll the money over from Fidelity through the normal rollover process and then took less than a couple of weeks to initiate the whole account, so it saved a lot of time. Patriot took a good amount of time on their end to answer questions before I even started to think about rolling my money over. They had a person named Mike who took his time to explain to me over a few days certain questions that I had, like what type of coins, what is approved and what is not, how to do the process and the fees associated with each activation. Patriot Gold is operating very well and they are very clear on what they're doing. I and my wife are both are satisfied.

Pinned

My pleasure to help you and your wife Aji. You folks were great to work with.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2019

When buying gold or silver, timing is important. The timing Patriot Gold recommended wasn’t that good and they could do better. I had to wait for almost one year to get the price I paid to be recovered. Another thing is that a monthly development of the market, at least through email, is advisable. Also, when we buy gold through Patriot, they should explain to the customer that they are willing to buy back anytime when the price is right, agreed upon by both parties type, not just the selling. That kind of arrangement has to be guaranteed or provided so that customers like me residing in Honolulu should be at ease in buying and selling, that when they go through Patriot, those guys will take care of all the details. On a different note, the guy, Andy, was very helpful. My compliments to him.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2019

Andy ** is the best man that you have. I have had nothing but great guidance in my investment. He speaks to me at least once every two weeks. Sometimes more often. He is your best man that you have. More like a friend.

Pinned

Paul, we are here for you whenever you need us!

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2019

Thank you, everyone, for your patience! I was not very confident in my purchase decision but after having a few calls with different representatives I knew I made the right decision. I was a bit anxious about the shipping but I was given free and insured shipping. Tomorrow is the day when my precious metals arrive! Thank you, Patriot Gold!

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2018

Spoke with a great rep who was quickly able transfer a very very old 401k into Gold. With the market not doing great, I think this is a great option to keep my money safe. Patriot Gold gave me great information and processed what I needed in a matter of d.

Pinned

We move fast Tony, thank you!

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2018

I am so happy I chose Patriot Gold. The team here is extremely friendly and knowledgeable and made my first time precious metals investment a breeze. I will be sure to recommend Patriot Gold to everyone!

Pinned

Thanks for the kind words Christina. We are glad we could help you. Clients like you make it all worthwhile.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2018

It's hard to trust people over the phone in a sales environment. Patriot Gold Group made our transaction feel like it was at the Dinner Table. I would recommend Patriot Gold Group to anyone needing gold and or Silver.

Pinned

Thanks James - appreciate the kind words!

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2018

I am extremely pleased with the professionalism at PATRIOT Gold Group. I spoke with a few representatives (IRA account manager, PATRIOT’s CEO, and one more person), and all of them were very attentive and professional. I was not pushed to make any decisions. Rather, I was guided on how to make the best possible decision.

Pinned

That's what we do Katie, thanks! We always guide our clients to the best decision possible,.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2018

I like being confidential about my financials so I just made a call to PATRIOT Gold Group and said that I would like to invest X amount of money. I was not asked too many additional questions and pushed to invest more. I asked a few questions myself and actually, I placed my order during the first call. I plan on ordering again soon.

Pinned

We make it easy James, glad we could assist you confidentially here as desired.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2018

I reached out to PATRIOT Gold Group to purchase precious metals for the first time. At the time, I was not aware of what to do and what is the procedure, but Charley was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Moreover, he was very patient with me as I was asking a lot of questions. After I received my metals, Charley called me to check-in and make sure everything was alright. I appreciate all that PATRIOT Gold Group has done for me!

Pinned

We are always here for you Elaine, please call Charley any time you need.

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2018

Mike provided sound investment advice, precious metals education and followed through on everything he promised, making my IRA Transfer from stocks and bonds a very smooth transaction. I would strongly recommend that you contact Patriot Gold Group to safeguard your retirement funds.

Pinned

Thanks Tyler, my pleasure!

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2018

I was very happy with my experience with Jack and the Patriot Gold Group. All my questions and follow-ups were handled very well. I would recommend Patriot to anyone looking to purchase silver and gold coins or to purchase metals for a self-direct IRA.

Pinned

Thank you Agnieszka! Jack sends his regards and thanks you for the kind words. We aim to please!

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2018

What a great experience it was working with Patriot Gold. The service is phenomenal. The rep was very knowledgeable and walked me through everything, answering all my questions and concerns. I felt totally secure converting my IRA into gold.

Glad to hear Monique!

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2018

I am pretty dumb with investing and everything but I got into contact with Patriot Gold. They helped me out with setting everything up. The customer service that I experienced is next level. Jack put my fears at ease and helped me transfer some of my IRA into gold. I couldn't be happier!

Pinned

Jack is our best "education guy" and we are glad he was able to help. You learned from the best.

Transparency

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I have been thinking about getting into buying gold for YEARS! I researched several gold investment companies but none of them stood out to me like Patriot Gold did. Mike ** really walked me thru everything needed to set up. It has truly been an amazing experience and my only regret is not finding Patriot Gold sooner! Don't hesitate to give these guys a shot. You won't be disappointed...

Pinned

Jimmy we love this kind of great news and recommendation! Look forward to working with you over the next few years, gold prices will keep going up like we discussed!

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Mike and his team have been extremely helpful and informative. I’ve been researching on how this IRA to gold works but seems complicated. Patriot Gold made it easy and made me feel that my savings are secured and so far, the decisions I made with them are profitable. Thank you!

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Mike at Patriot is great to work with! I was pretty skeptical about investing in gold, but Mike and his team provided me with all the information I needed and put my concerns to rest. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Highly recommend.

Pinned

We appreciate the feedback and it was a sincere pleasure helping YOU out, Marshall!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

I was extremely pleased with the service I received from Mike **. When I first heard about Patriot Gold Group I was skeptical but these guys made the process easy to understand and easy to follow through. So glad I used them!

Pinned

Great to hear Veronica. Let us know if your family still needs the assistance as well.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I wish this rating system would allow me to give PATRIOT Gold Group at least 10 starts for their exceptional service and my experience of working with them! PATRIOT deserves more than 5 stars. I attempted to work with other investing companies but I did not appreciate the fact that they were so pushy. Experts at PATRIOT were very informative and knowledgeable. This made me want to move forward with this company and invest in precious metals. I could not have been happier with my choice. Thank you, PATRIOT Gold Group!

Pinned

We thank you very much Ginger. And we are proud to serve 10-star clients like YOU!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

It's been just a few weeks since I invested in precious metals and I still cannot believe that it took me so many years to invest in gold! It has always been on my mind but I never actually did it. I was afraid that investing is a long process. However, PATRIOT Gold Group made everything very easy, and even more importantly, secure! I spoke with a few representatives and they all were very knowledgeable and prepared. I am very confident about my investing future with PATRIOT! Thank you, again!

Pinned

Great to hear Alex. We are here for any future investing needs, and it will always be this easy.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I just wanted to let you folk working for Patriot Gold group that I loved loved LOVED the service you guys have shown me. You all made it really easy for me over the phone. I spoke to Charley ** and he was extremely nice and helpful. I will definitely be recommending you guys to friends and family.

Thanks very much Juan!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Working with this company was a breeze! The customer service was amazing and everything was very easy. I thought that buying gold was going to be a hard and long process, but it was the complete opposite. I hope to work with Mike Celano again in the future!

Pinned

Thanks Barrett! That's what you get with Patriot - working direct with the owners!