2. Finance
  3. Annuities

3.9/5 (63 ratings)

About MassMutual Annuities

MassMutual Annuities Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MassMutual Annuities?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MassMutual Annuities?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Have a annuity with MassMutual. Payments were to start three years ago. To date 8/2018 have not received anything. I have called several times, each time I am told five days, ten days or shortly. All lies. Never sent anything. Keep in mind this is my money. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have contributed to MassMutual for several years now but will not ever do it again. The reason why is that my son that is 29 years old just found out he has cancer with no insurance. He has already had to major surgeries that total 202000 dollars. Now he needs chemo and radiation but doctors won't start without payment. So I sent all bills and info in to MassMutual to withdraw money thru hardship but all I have got from MassMutual for the last 2 weeks is the runaround. Seems like to me is they are trying to steal my money. I am very disappointed with them and will never send them another penny. If anybody is looking to start a retirement plan your best bet is to stay away from MassMutual.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Unhappy with Rollover Process - MassMutual had to reissue my check three times. Three different representative said they would be mailing the check to my home address and would receive it in 10 business days. After 32 business days and 3 reissued checks I called in again. They said that they were actually mailed to my past employer. When I called my past employer they said that they did not receive any of the three checks. I finally got on a three way call with my new retirement account manager. MassMutual said they could once again reissue the check. It would go to my former employer.

If I wanted the 4th reissued check before 10 business days there would be a rush fee of $20 taken from my check. I asked for a manager each time I called in and they were either at lunch, on another call, or not there. By the end of the fifth call a representative was finally able to rush ship my check to my house with no added fee with a tracking number attached to the check. I should be receiving the check by Monday, and I am getting the tracking number tomorrow. I hope I am not writing this review too soon. I should also add that my account said $0 when logging in, eventually my email address was no longer associated with my online account and I could not access any of my files. Whatever money would have been invested in these past months is lost. I am wondering if any similar situations have happened to anyone else.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Do not use this company. I had a stable cash account they required me to move out of. I specifically asked if there would be any penalty or loss if I did so. They assured me there was not. I called three times to verify. They took $9,998,07 out of my account calling it a market adjustment. Stay away! They steal your hard earned money.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have not received my December 2017 check and customer service has not been helpful, they have no explanation for why this occurred and claim electronic transfers were made on time yet their own message when you call their number states electronic transfers were also late. Is this company in financial difficulty? Are others receiving this kind of obfuscation?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

This company keeps sending private confidential emails (which identifies clients by name, status of their insurance application etc.) to my company emails even after numerous attempts from me to advise them they are sending private information to the wrong company! The emails I responded to had real company email addresses to respond to and did not just have an automated mailer email. I did not receive a response nor can I detect any action from the company as I still get emails. Ask yourself, do you trust a company with your money and your future when they are so careless about keeping their client information confidential!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

DO NOT INVEST YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. They have a rule that the owner of the company must decide whether or not you can close out your account. You will not get your money unless the owner or rep for the company signs a paper and hopefully you can get them to sign it. I've reached out to the company numerous times and they could not help me. I've contacted the rep for the account and no answer. This is my money and they cannot give it to me. Do not sign up for this 401K! You would be better off with a Savings account. That way you can have access to your money. You have been warned!!!

Original review: April 8, 2017

MassMutual Annuities has wonderful customer service, you can actually reach a real person when you call them and they are very professional and friendly. I like that I can access the website first and call them if I need further assistance. I also like that I can withdraw the money anytime I want to and they are fast. They have a lot of different options and ways you can withdraw your money and the payout is quick. They pay you exactly what you are owed with no fuss and hassle, I've never had any problems with them before. They have a lot of different ways you can add money to your account as well.

Original review: April 2, 2017

MassMutual’s customer service was very nice and the lady was very professional. She helped me get what I needed done. There was many withdraw options, I looked over them and found the one I wanted to use and the best one for me. Once I did that the process became very simple and fast. If I put in a certain amount of dollars I would get a payout if I chose to. I had some funding options, after a little thought I decided on the one that best accommodated my needs.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I can only say positive things regarding my experience with MassMutual Annuities. Their customer service was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The withdrawal and payout options were reasonable, well thought out, and easy to action upon. When questioned or approached for help, all representatives were well-versed in the details regarding my options. Also, the funding options were safe, yet diversified enough to fit the needs of a wide variety of consumers - myself included. I had no difficulties in any regard.

MassMutual Annuities Company Information