Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Ledyard Bank
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Ledyard National Bank offers wealth management and personal, business and private banking. It has locations across New Hampshire and Vermont, but it also offers online banking. You can handle your account(s) from a computer or the bank’s mobile app. Ledyard has several banking and lending options available, and accounts are FDIC-insured.
Pros & Cons
- Online banking available
- Mobile banking app
- Only has locations in two states
Ledyard is a good option for a local bank in New England. However, you can use its website or mobile app no matter where you are in the U.S. Just make sure it has the features and options you want from your bank.
Top Ledyard Bank Reviews
Customer service was very satisfactory & they were very detail-oriented, along with being thorough & efficient than unsatisfactory with it. Online access was very accessible & hel...Read full review
Their customer service was there when needed. ... They seemed to have knowledgeable, friendly staff who knew what they were doing. In the beginning, it was kind of hard to get use...Read full review
What is Ledyard Bank?
Ledyard offers customers a variety of banking and lending services. These include checking accounts, savings accounts, health savings accounts, mortgages, lines of credit and auto loans. It also offers specialized business banking, private banking and wealth management.
Ledyard only has locations in New Hampshire and Vermont, though you can also handle your banking online. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can call the bank’s 24-hour phone service.
Ledyard bank services
Ledyard offers a variety of financial services for individuals. All accounts come with the option to bank online and unlimited ATM card use with Ledyard machines.
- Ledyard has multiple options for checking accounts:
- Personal Checking includes free online banking and unlimited ATM card use. There’s a $4 monthly fee, though the fee can be waived in some circumstances.
- BIG GREEN Checking comes with a Dartmouth Athletics-branded Visa debit card. The first four ATM fee charges are reimbursed up to $20 per cycle. Electronic statements are required. Accounts have a $5 monthly fee that’s waived if certain conditions are met.
- Gold Checking is similar to BIG GREEN checking without the branded debit card. It has a $5 monthly fee, which is automatically waived in some cases. The first four ATM fee charges are reimbursed up to $20 per cycle. Electronic statements are required.
- Platinum Checking comes with exclusive benefits like reduced service fees, free cashier’s checks and reimbursement for ATM fees from other institutions up to four times a month. However, there is a $20 monthly fee, which is waived in some cases.
- Ledyard has multiple options for savings accounts:
- Statement Savings accounts need an average daily balance of $250 to earn interest. If your balance falls below that, there’s a $4 monthly charge. ATM services are available.
- Certificates of deposit (CDs) are available as both short-term and long-term investment options, but they require a minimum investment of $500 and don’t come with ATM access or online banking services. Interest on them compounds daily and is credited monthly.
- Personal Step-Up Money Market Accounts require a $1,500 daily balance to earn interest. There is a $10 monthly service charge if your monthly balance falls below $1,500. Interest may increase if your balance increases, and you get unlimited ATM withdrawals.
- Health Savings Accounts
- HSAs are tax-advantaged accounts that help you save for out-of-pocket medical expenses, including routine exams, dental and vision care, prescriptions and hearing aids.
Ledyard HSAs with less than $25,000 have a 0.10% annual percentage yield (APY), while accounts with more than $25,000 have a 0.25% APY. Contributions, gains and withdrawals are all tax-free.
- Ledyard has multiple lending products:
- Loans can help you buy, build or renovate your home. These include residential mortgages, land loans and construction loans.
- Home equity loans and lines of credit don’t require you to pay closing costs. Options include PRIMEline Home Equity Lines of Credit (3% to 3.5% APR) and Perfect 10 Home Equity Loans (4.75% to 5.477% APR).
- Consumer loans include a variety of personal loans, auto loans and collateral loans.
Ledyard also offers services for businesses and private banking for individuals who want a more hands-on experience.
Ledyard Bank FAQ
What types of loans does Ledyard Bank offer?
Ledyard offers several types of loans, including:
- Home improvement loans
- Home equity loans and lines of credit
- Personal loans
- Personal lines of credit
- Collateral loans
- Auto loans
Where is Ledyard Bank located?
Ledyard has multiple locations across New Hampshire and Vermont, including banking, private banking and financial advisor locations. You can find a Ledyard location in the following cities:
- Concord, NH
- Hanover, NH
- Lebanon, NH
- Lyme, NH
- New London, NH
- West Lebanon, NH
- Norwich, VT
Is Ledyard Bank FDIC-insured?
Yes, Ledyard is FDIC-insured, so each client’s account is covered for up to $250,000.
Does Ledyard Bank have online banking?
Yes, Ledyard has online banking.
Is Ledyard Bank good?
Ledyard National Bank is a good option for New England residents looking for a local bank. Outside of that area, you can’t physically meet with a teller or financial advisor for help, but online banking is available. So, if you prefer online banking or live near a branch, Ledyard Bank could be a good choice for you.
Ledyard Bank Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,242,460 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
They are there for any questions that need answers. They are extremely polite and knowledgeable about the business. The customer service and support are number one. I have never had any issues they couldn't fix. The online access is very easy to use even if you aren't used to the computer. And very easy to navigate around. It helps when you can't psychically get to a branch. The security is the best I have ever experienced in any operation I have felt with. The fact I can see it as an excuse for the next few weeks.
Whenever I have issues with my account the staff is extremely helpful. They also aren't trying to scheme me are genuinely interested in my well being and goodness. Online access has a simple layout and is easy to go through and check my balance and open a new account. Has a good customer service and is easy to access. Has a variety of financial options and works with you to find the help you need. Service is direct and personal. When opening an account I didn't feel threatened whatsoever. Never had any issues with security and theft through this bank. Top notch. Definitely would recommend. I never have any fear that my account could be indirectly invaded or hacked.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Customer service was very satisfactory & they were very detail-oriented, along with being thorough & efficient than unsatisfactory with it. Online access was very accessible & helpful, compared to others, this is the exact kind of access anyone with common-sense would wanna desire. Financial services were outstanding, such as financing, leasing & remitting payments, unlike other companies that don't wanna ensure the same or similar policy. Security was very alert, productive, thorough & over-protective, unlike other companies, people with common sense should desire this type.
Their customer service was there when needed. They were willing to help me on whatever I needed help on. And they gave great business advice. They seemed to have knowledgeable, friendly staff who knew what they were doing. In the beginning, it was kind of hard to get used to using Ledyard online, since it website was very awkwardly built, but as time progressed, it became easier and easier to use Ledyard's website and I understood the format. Their financial services were AWESOME! They were extremely helpful for what I was doing with Ledyard. And they were all relevant, easy to understand. I had no problem with any security issues when using Ledyard. My information was safe, and not sold to any third party companies. Since cancelling, I have not received any "we have missed you" emails or texts.
They are very friendly and informative. You can talk openly and not get scammed. I recommend that you go to the site and type in the new comment box and ask to talk to a person directly. There is an instant response. I believe it's at the top right of the web page. Access is good in both laptop and smartphone. Go and download Adobe just in case but either way I thought it was fun, sleek and good knowledge. The finance part was good. They have charts and make it easy. They dumb it down for people and make it easy for the investor. I think it's great. I think it could be improved though. I have never seen a security issue with this site. Not once.
Customer service is impeccable and a really tough act to follow. If there was one thing that everyone should bovid that they are a class act and every other bank should follow what they do. In today's banking world online access is a very important part of today's banking. They do a very good job with their online service access. Best right now in the banking world. The banker that I worked with was top notch and really seemed to know what he was doing. He kept me involved and gave a lot of really really really really great advice. In today's world security is a must. The security was really good and I felt no unsafe issues at all worth the security. I feel that their security is top three in the industry.
Ledyard Bank Company Information
- Company Name:
- Ledyard Bank
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.