2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Elite Financial Services works with customers to help them pay off and eliminate unsecured debts, such as medical expenses or credit cards. The company offers three free financial education programs on its website, as well as paid services including debt settlement and negotiation. When you enroll in a debt settlement program, an Elite Financial Services debt relief specialist works with you to determine a course of action. Many clients complete the program in 12 to 36 months.

Elite Financial Services Learn More

Find my match

Elite Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Financial Services?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

They have had my cards since 2012 and paid off three in 1 year. Now I don't hear from them. They never get in touch with me to even update me on anything. And they still have 4 of them. Every time I call them which is once in a blue moon all I hear is they not settling. Well that's what I thought they were suppose to do is to make a settlement and I don't think that's happening. When I signed up with this company, the guy that was working with me said they all would be paid off in 3 years. Well while he was there 3 of them got paid off and now that he has been gone and no longer works there none has been paid off. And I think they dragging their feet. I pay 150.00 a month and getting tired of it. An account number is something I never got.

Elite Financial Services response

EFS believes this consumer has mistaken us for another company as we do not have any clients paying the $150.00 per month not do we service consumers in her state. The consumer has confirmed in a private response she was not enrolled with us. Our program requires a minimum monthly amount of $250.00 to be successful. We ask that this unverified review be removed from our profile.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Initially, I was pleased with Elite and was excited to be on a plan to end my credit card debt. My upset came toward the end of my settlement. I was called by a representative who offered me a settlement if I could come up with an additional 1060, over and above my monthly payment of $468. This was difficult, and I had done this 2 previous times. I clearly asked how making this additional payment would affect my agreement. I was given a date that would be my last payment. This sounded good to me so I agreed, on a recorded line, and made the 1060 payment. My last payment came out on the date we had agreed to and I was curious how the account is closed out, so I gave a call.

Imagine my surprise when they told me that the original date was wrong and would need to pay $468 for an additional 3 more months. I insisted that an error had been made as I took careful notes of our conversations. I requested a call back from the person, by name, who had given me my ending date... NOTHING! Two weeks passed and still no communication returned from this company! Finally, I was able to reach this person who politely told me she had made a mistake, and someone should have called me months ago. I explained that I entered into a verbal agreement and was promised my payments would end on a given date. I simply ask them to keep their promise to me. They kept referring to it as “an honest mistake.” When I asked to speak to someone higher up, the manager got on the phone and said to me, “ Let me ask you, are you perfect? Have you never made a mistake?” I was appalled!

I asked them, again, to simply honor the agreement they made with me on a recorded line, and they refused! I am still feeling I have not finished with this. At this point, I could never recommend this company. I have never missed one payment and even paid extra 3 different times. For this company to not uphold their agreement tells me exactly what type of business you are dealing with. It feels criminal. Hard lesson learned. Should this company make this situation right, going forward, I will gladly post that. As of now, they are continuing to refuse to honor the agreement they made with me, after I made my additional payment per the agreement, as well as subsequent monthly payments, per the agreement made on their recorded line!

UPDATE ON 11/16/2017: My dealings with this company continue. First, let me make very clear this is NOT a company you should be dealing with. Allow me to explain... I am continuing to attempt to have this company uphold an agreement made on a recorded line on July 20th which stated my program would be complete in October. I have been told by 2 separate people, one being the general manager, that they had made honest mistakes but would not honor an agreement that we made on a recorded line. In frustration I begged the manager to relisten to the recorded line and call me back. Nearly 2 weeks later, and after many attempts to reach this manager, a person filling in for the general manager calls me back to explain that she listened to the calls in question and I am the one mistaken!

I requested to also rehear the lines as my hand-written notes had indicated otherwise. Very reasonably, I requested to take this higher with my request to also hear that call so that if I was mistaken, I may acknowledge my mistake.... You guessed it! They are refusing to allow me to hear this call, which they claim would support their position. Also, they requested that I would sign a resolution agreement that would require me to stop posting negative reviews regarding their practices. For signing this, they would waive $271.00 of their fees but I would still owe 838.70 to pay off my program! (which they told me originally would be done with my Octobers payment). I told them I would prefer to pay their $271 fee and keep my integrity and the right to warn others of the wrong practices of this company. Please heed my advice! Beware!

Original review: May 4, 2017

My program was wonderful and everything went very smoothly. I was extremely happy with the results and the amount of money I was able to save. My representative Jennifer was always very helpful and always took the time to help me with any concerns I had. If ever in this situation again I would not think twice about enrolling again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

When I contacted Elite Financial Services, they told me about how I can pay all my debts. Usually whenever there was something new or any offers, arrangement or settlement, they will contact me. They used to deposit the amount into an account but I never had access to it so I never knew how everything was being paid. They would only send me a paper stating they've already closed the account. Lately they sent me two and a final paper saying "the credit card’s debt should have been updated and you’re credible for now."

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Elite Financial is a good company and I checked them out, too, so they're not a fly-by-night group. They were able to handle the financial problem that I had. I worked with Donna who was very thorough, businesslike and if she told a person something, that person could believe it. Since working with the company, I only have one credit card now and my financial situation has been very good and less stressed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The team members at Elite Financial were very courteous at first when I first phoned them. I got in touch with John and we were able to make arrangements and he was prompt. We spoke in December and I had to get back to him in January and when I did, he was ready for me. And all the different staff were creative. As soon as somebody else took over my case, they called and informed me. And they were able to lower not just the interest rate but the payment as well. Working with them gave me peace of mind. Instead of having to pay every balance, they took one payment and took care of everything.

Elite Financial was able to help with getting me cleared of debts. It was their affair and they took care of it. Then they'd let me know if there were changes and how they were going to deal with it. So I was able to work along with that change. They really did a good job. I was hoping to recommend someone because she asked me how Elite Financial did it but she's still in college.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

When Elite Financial Services first started with all of the items I wanted to fix, I compared them with State Employees’ Credit Union rates and theirs were much better, so I stuck with them. They held true to their word. They gave a timeline on when I should be ready to be done with the program. We met that timeline and they're very accommodating. They did a great job with lowering my interest rates and their customer service was very pleasant and easy to talk to. I haven't tried to do anything with my credit yet but I believe they’ve done a wonderful job. I mentioned them to some of my friends who were in similar situations.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Back in January 2016 a rep from Elite Financial called me and said that Sears was willing to settle for a certain amount. At that time, the holidays had just went and I had spent most of my money for Christmas. I told her I didn't have it, but could the company pay it and add it into my account and she told me, "No, you got to come up with $800." Within a matter of a week, it went from $800 to $1,400 and kept going up each week. It had went up to almost $2,200. What came about was that they reacted to Sears late and Sears threw a judgment against me and I was pissed about that.

And then finally, five months later, the supervisor of the account called me and said, "Look. If you can come up with $1500, we can get Sears taken care of." I told him that should have took place back in January because I’m pissed because this judgment is against me. I was able to come up with $1,500 and he assured me that it would be paid off. I got a letter in the mail in December that the Sears had lifted the judgment against me and that was cleared up. But that really messed up my credit even more by that judgment being against me.

Some of the agents were very customer service-like and they worked with me, especially Donna in the beginning. But overall it wasn't a great experience. At first I didn't understand their system. They would get the credit card people to narrow down what you owe them, for instance $5000. They'd get them to settle for $1,700 and they expect me to come up with that type of money. I have yet to understand I'm paying $394 a month but then at the same time the company expects me to pull out $1,500, $800, or $1,200? That was a hardship because I'm trying to get rid of the credit cards. I wasn't trying to pull money out of a hat trying to pay this and that off. All the other accounts were taken care of and there was no problem, but I really don’t think I would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was trying to pay my payments but it was lacking so I sought help from Elite Financial Services. I'm finished with the program but there was a month that I needed help and nobody cared. I've been making my payments on time the whole time and I asked to defer one month for Christmas but that wasn’t even an option. It's one thing if one has not made their payments on time for 14 months but there needs to be a process where if one has been doing their payments and they need a month because there's a problem, that should be understood.

Elite Financial Services response

Clients are allowed, at any time, to skip a monthlypayment with proper notice. However, if skipping that payment would cause an existing settlement to be voided, we strongly encourage our clients to keep the scheduled payment. In this particular case, our client was actively involved in a term settlement on an exceptional deal. We negotiated a 20% settlement offer that saved the client nearly $13,000 on a balance of $16,228.17. Considering the December payment was necessary to keep this tremendous settlement in good standing, we explained it was in their best interest to make the December payment and not void the settlement.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Elite Financial Services was working on my credit card debts. All our interactions were done via email. Before going with them, I was just making my monthly payments. They were supposed to consolidate all my credit card debts and pay them off. Although they had already paid off some of my debts, on the credit report, some of my debts are still not paid and my credit score hasn't improved yet.

Elite Financial Services Company Information