1.24/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 17, 2018

307 Compass Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was sent 2 different debit cards. One with a PIN and one without, with different numbers. Went to the bank and one was destroyed and the other activated. Was sent to the teller to put in my own PIN number and the new card was blocked. It took the manager 40 minutes, several phone calls and lots of apologies to straighten it out.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I am here to tell everyone about the ** service I have received at BBVA! This is especially to the location off of Cactus and Tatum. This is absolutely "the worst" bank in the entire country!!! I am here to warn anyone thinking of banking with them to go with a different bank. I was promised a $250 bonus when setting up an account with direct deposit. Well, they hemmed and hawed and kept telling me that they were working on it. It never happened!!! They will bold face lie to you and entice you into setting up direct deposit with them. This is a scam!!! On top of it, charges you make will not clear for days, and you never know your actual balance. I am telling you, don't make the same mistake I made. Any other bank would be better!!! Beware of BBVA!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I call the company on April 2 and I asked them to please send me a copy of my last two statements because they blocked me from getting into my account. The lady I talked to said that she would do it and waive the fee because I could not get into my account. She told me it would take two weeks to get them. Two weeks came and went and nothing so I called them again on Monday the 23rd of April and I talked to the fraud dept again. And this time I was told that the account was closed and they charge it off and that there were no statements on the account. All I need is the last two statements that were on the account.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I use the banking system in the last four decades. I was NEVER told that a bank like BBVA can close a customer’s account for no reasons until the day my accounts were forced to close on March 27, 2018. BBVA closed my family account last November and closed my accounts for NO reasons in March. The truth to be told the reasons for closing my accounts were the racism, discrimination, bully and retaliation. I stood up and asked questions and pointed errors that BBVA made to its regional officer, Mr. David **. Not only Mr. ** did not get the answer for us, he turned around to close my accounts and made an example out of my accounts' closing for NO reasons.

I had my accounts open since 1986 with Guaranty, then BBVA bought it. I NEVER wrote a hot check, always had a positive balance, I was an outstanding loyal customer all thru years. All communications was documented. Please ask your consumers be aware that BBVA will close their accounts for NO reasons. So, there is no so-called loyalty, so-called customer services. It is on its consumer deposit account agreement, page 18. Closing your account for NO reasons. BBVA will not tell its customer when you open your account, until your accounts closed for NO reasons. Please ask your consumers be very aware, do not stand up and do not ask questions, do not point the errors and mistakes to BBVA. If you did, your accounts will be closed for NO reasons.

Further more, BBVA will ask you the purpose of using the bank. Even we were physically presented us to the bank and submitted documents volunteerly, BBVA still wanted to have you to submit it again when they lost the copy. This is my very first time in my life to file a complaint publicly, I wish I did not need to. But, I want to do my due diligent to the public/consumers like you, so the public knows, especially for those minority people. Thanks. 4/25/2018, 6:25pm.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I'm currently on hold for the 7th time today. Nobody I speak to seems to have a full grasp on English and no one seems to have a clue what I'm talking about. I wish I'd checked with the car dealership about which bank my loan would be with. I'd never heard of them... now I know why!! I simply want to access my account so I can see how much interest I paid last year for my taxes. No one can do it. One guy was an ** and hung up on me, another couldn't hear me, another disputed my account number even though I was reading it right back to him from the payment card. Awful... avoid at all costs!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Compass Bank?

Original review: April 24, 2018

This bank is the absolute worst to deal with for an auto loan. Others have mentioned an online payment system for auto loans; however, I have never been able to get that system to recognize my loan and I am not sure it is even still offered. I have made my last two payments by phone, both of which have been completely messed up by the service reps. One misentered my account number, and, although I received a confirmation number from the representative, the payment never went through and the money was not taken out of my account. When I called to make a payment the next month, I was told I owed two months of payments. I paid the amount and requested that the payment not be reported as late to credit agencies because the service rep entered an incorrect account and the bank never informed me of this error despite giving me a confirmation number for the payment. The bank refused to correct the credit reporting issue.

When I called to make my payment this month, the service rep told me I owed THREE months worth of payments. She was extremely rude. I was able to give her the date and amount of payment, which cleared my bank account. She could not find it online. After being placed on hold twice, probably so the service rep could locate someone who could actually read, I was told that the last service rep “misapplied the payment” and that is why it was showing up as overdue.

Again, I requested that this payment not be reported to credit agencies as three months late, as the bank has failed to correctly process these payments. Service rep customer service on the last call was extremely unprofessional and almost laughable. I feel like I have to talk to a supervisor every time I call now to make sure my payments are being applied and processed correctly. DO NOT ACCEPT AN AUTO LOAN FROM BBVA. Buy a different car or go to a different dealership. It’s not worth letting them destroy your credit!

Original review: April 23, 2018

Disclaimer: Star rating is inaccurate. Unfortunately, there is no option to give a negative star rating because otherwise I would rate this bank -5 stars. I am writing specifically about their overdraft fee practices. There is a fine line between unfair and abusive, and in this case their overdraft fees most certainly meet the definition of abusive. Here is what I experienced recently: Transactions: 4/17 - $12.76 Debit CheckCard Purchase at Pho So 1. 4/17 - $5.84 Debit CheckCard Purchase at DAISO. 4/18 - $15.51 Debit CheckCard Purchase on Amazon. 4/18 - $8.42 Debit CheckCard Purchase at McDonald's.

Posted Dates of Above Transactions: 4/19 - $5.84 Debit CheckCard Purchase at DAISO. NSF Fee Charge: YES. 4/19 - $12.76 Debit CheckCard Purchase at Pho So 1. NSF Fee Charge: YES. 4/19 - $15.51 Debit CheckCard Purchase on Amazon. NSF Fee Charge: YES. 4/20 - $8.42 Debit CheckCard Purchase at McDonald's. NSF Fee Charge: NO.

Referencing the above order of transactions, I called their customer service line and spoke with the supervisor who was incomprehensible and rude. He made some smart-ass comment to me about "how can a doctor cure a patient if the patient isn't willing to listen to the doctor?" Um, at no point in our conversation did he even bother to ask me what my issue that needed resolving was. So my response was, "how can a doctor cure a patient if he has no idea what the problem is because he hasn't listened to the patient?" BOOM!

Anyway, I asked why I was assessed NSF fees for debit transactions that I made on dates when I had sufficient available balance. Their response was that debit transactions in pending status post on a different date and your available balance on that posting date must be sufficient, otherwise you get assessed an NSF fee. Ok, totally ** policy but makes sense since that's what is provided on the written Terms and Agreement. Then I proceeded to ask, "great, then what was my available balance on 4/19?" He couldn't even tell me. My available balance was positive on this date by the way. ALSO, why the hell was I not charged an NSF fee for my McDonald's transaction then? As you can see, I made that debit card transaction on 4/18 and it cleared on 4/20. On 4/20 I did have a negative balance due to their abusive overdraft fees that very clearly arose out of maliciously reordering transactions. >_> Stay away from this bank.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This bank is absolutely horrid. My balance was always wrong. Bill pay never went through which cost me many late fees. Customer service is outsourced to another country so unable to speak to anyone who speaks English fluently. Impossible to speak to a manager. Just AWFUL!!! Closed my account and went to Wells Fargo. Hopefully I'll have better luck with them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have been on wait two separate times over 25 minutes. Each time I had no one come back to the phone and let me know what was going on or apologize for the wait and each time the phone randomly disconnected. I know that it was on their end versus my end because my phone alerts me when I hang it up. I don't know if this is the norm but the people I spoke with had heavy accents and were a little difficult to understand before I was placed on hold, so, there is clearly a language barrier issue with their representatives. I was looking forward to banking with them, but, now I am going to be sure to not do business with them. They showed me today how much they value their customers. I have never had treatment like this with any bank I have ever interacted with. Not acceptable behavior at all!

Original review: April 16, 2018

This bank have the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced. I spoke with Luciano Rep#**. I was stranded out of town because my main checking account card went missing with my luggage. I had my mother deposit a certified check into my secondary account in a Saturday in the ATM. I was told by customer service on a Saturday that I could call the local branch Monday morning to get the funds released so that I could complete travel. The local branch was called between 8am-10am with no answer so I was forced to call customer service again. The rep (Luciano) was so rude and unprofessional. He interrupted me at least a dozen times in the first 10 minutes. We were going in circles possibly because there was a significant language barrier. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor.

He refused and told me I was unreasonable so he would not transfer me. He said according to the BBB he needed to know why I wanted to speak to a supervisor... During this, he was laughing hysterically and mocking me. Mind you, I’m sitting alone in an airport with a 3-year-old and 1-year-old trying to get this resolved. I told him that I wanted to speak to a supervisor to file a complaint on him. He laughed and said, "Ok sure." I held for 41 minutes and received an incoming call from a “no caller ID #.” I clicked over to the same representative laughing and then he said “is your dumb ass still holding” and then he hung up. I am currently on hold yet again to speak to a supervisor to try and have this man reported. I wish I could say this is my only negative experience with BBVA Compass but unfortunately it isn’t. This is the final straw for sure. I will be banking elsewhere!

Original review: April 15, 2018

The first issue I had with Compass was when I set up a bill to pay using online bill pay and it didn't happen. I could see it scheduled on the website and when I called to ask why it did not occur I was transferred to several different people and none of them could figure out why it didn't work. After much prodding from me they finally agreed to send a letter to the business I tried to pay explaining that it was their failure, rather than mine. I thought it was odd since I have used bill pay with other banks and never had an experience like that, but I figured it was just a weird fluke.

The next month when I scheduled my payment to the same business (early, just in case) everything went as expected. I relaxed, thinking the issue had been resolved. The following month I let my guard down and when I scheduled the payment and just expected it to work. When the business contacted me to let me know my account was past due (again!) I told them that I had set it up to pay the same day I received it. Since they had already received a letter from the bank I think they actually believed me.

I logged in to my Compass checking account to verify, and sure enough the bill had not been paid. Again, I called to see why, and this time after being transferred several times the last person I talked to just said she didn't know and was there anything else she could help me with? I repeated that I wanted to know why the bill pay did not occur as scheduled and she repeated that she didn't know. I asked her if she could find out, and she said that it's hard to tell on things like that and I should just try it again. I told that since this is the second time this has happened to me while trying to pay the same business (yes, their info was entered correctly - which was proven by the fact that it worked one time) that I could no longer trusted their bill pay. She just said, "Oh, OK." She didn't even pretend to care a bit.

At this point I should mention that while on the phone with customer service people (no matter how they come across) I always remain calm and never raise my voice. In the past I worked in banking and later on did some phone customer service. I know it can feel like a pretty thankless job, especially when a customer is rude or abrasive, so I will never be that person. The surprising thing to me is that these people who are totally unprepared to do the job are left on phone lines where people actually need help.

Any way... Since the money to pay the bill was already in the account I decided to call the business and use my debit card to pay them. It didn't work. Looking back I can't believe I was actually surprised. I called to see why the card didn't work and it turns out that since I hadn't used it in the few months I had the account open they canceled it without notifying me. They offered to send out a new card that could arrive in 5-7 business days.

I suggested they expedite the card since the reason I needed it was that bill pay hadn't worked and I reminded her that I hadn't been notified that the card had been canceled. She agreed and then informed me that the PIN would take around 10 days to arrive. When I mentioned that the card wouldn't be very useful without the PIN she said she thought that maybe I could change it online, which seemed unlikely since I wouldn't have the original PIN. I decided to stop wasting my time with them. I went back to my old bank and have not had any problems at all - even when I try to pay that same business that has been so patient with my banking issues with Compass.

Original review: April 11, 2018

After returning a 3 pairs of jeans to a company and receiving a partial refund, I open a dispute and BBVA closed the dispute in favor of the company, tomorrow I'm closing my accounts with them. Stay away from this bank.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Stay away from this bank, they love to charge you fees for everything. While banking with them you will notice quite often that your balance will say one thing but anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes your balance will jump up $100 or more. They will charge you 2 fees just to withdraw from a different ATM besides their ATM. Poor Service and rude tellers at different branches.

Original review: March 20, 2018

They offer free checking. However, it's not worth it! BBVA Compass is greedy. BEWARE: If you receive any unauthorized transactions be prepared to wait at least 10 days before BBVA will release any provisional credits. Be prepared to wait even longer for the reversal of any NSF fees associated with any unauthorized transactions. On top of that, they will hit you with extended overdraft fees on top of the amounts you're disputing which may be illegal.

IF you plan to take a vacation somewhere, don't rely on BBVA to have your back when someone steals all of your money from your BBVA account. You could be stranded and out of luck because BBVA will take as long as they are permitted by law to replace your funds, unlike other banks. I'd suggest that you bank somewhere else. Bank with a bank who puts their customers first. This bank is all about FEES! Think it's free? Oh you just wait... I will be closing my BBVA Compass accounts permanently. BBVA Compass couldn't pay me enough to ever come back!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Had a credit card account with BBVA, I always made payments on time. One day I got a letter in the mail saying they are closing the account, since then I have been continually locked out online when trying to make payments, and have to go through a bunch of nonsense to get the account unlocked so I can pay it. Now they have locked me out again and say since it is a closed account it can't be accessed online anymore, and the only way to make payments is by phone. Stay away from this institution at all costs. They will mess with you and try to trap you into owing them forever and ruin your credit.

Original review: March 12, 2018

BBVA Compass blows. My roommate had an account with them and switched as soon as possible to Chase, because of nonsensical fees I think. They inconsistency charge 14 dollar service charges with no explanation what on Earth they are for, and they aren't on any recurring basis so they can't be for anything logical. They'll call your account a "Free" checking account but the reality is they're definitely stealing a minimum of $20 from you a month and there's nothing you can do about it.

My card has 4 unauthorized transactions over the weekend, somehow, even though I only go to less than 10 places and I never use ATMs that even have the possibility of being hacked/fake readers being overlaid on them. All of them show as POS charges but they definitely never happened, and I certainly had the card in my wallet, on my person, at all times. Only one of these charges posted, of course, because BBVA takes their sweet time approving debits just like all other banks. As soon as I reported a charge, my card got cancelled and I am allegedly going to be sent out a new one in 7-10 business days. Okay first of all that's a completely unacceptable time frame unless you live in a retirement home and don't need to actually go out and buy things. I called and asked what I can do to expedite this process. I was told the only way is to pay a $50 charge, deducted from your bank account, to get 2-3 business days shipping.

This bank has no regard whatsoever for its customers (It's a bank so big surprise). It's a shame because my local branch is right down the street and the service is typically great, even early on Saturday morning when people are getting there early because it's the only time they can. So now, as someone who has to somehow live without any money and would have to go out of my way to get cash directly from the bank, for at least 2 weeks - and probably not get my money back for 20 days if I do ever see it again anyway, I'm telling you - do not ever use this bank. You're literally better off opening a Green Dot account or using Samsung Pay or something if you can.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Avoid BBVA Compass Bank like the plague. I opened a checking account with them, and requested a debit card. After two weeks, I talked to the account manager, about not receiving the card. She said I hadn't ordered a card. Sure. Then I discovered that I was given six temporary checks with misprinted account information on them. When I found the checks were misprinted, I visited the bank to get replacements, until my permanent checks arrived. They refused to issue me corrected temporary checks --- due to company policy against printing out temporary checks. Sure.

I discovered four NSF charges against my account, or $128. This was the result of a vendor error in charging my account, which was solved with the vendor. However, BBVA Compass refused to reverse the charges in full, telling me they only reverse charges on 1 transaction per year. Never mind this wasn't the result of my mistake. Worse, the bank suggested I get the vendor to pay me for the bank charges. Sure. When I pointed out the obvious, that the bank wasn't out any money, and charging gratuitous fees for something that cost them nothing to process, the account representative reacted, "No, we've lost $64." Sure. So, with gratuitous, advantage-taking fee gouging, and sloppy, dysfunctional, customer service, I would give this bank ZERO stars, and suggest finding a more customer-friendly lender than BBVA Compass Bank.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have my paycheck automatically deposited to my BBVA checking account each payday. January 15th was a banking holiday so BBVA opted to withhold my funds until the 16th. Expecting my pay to be in my account as it always is, I made transactions on the 15th which overdrew my account. BBVA sent e-mail confirmations that my account was NSF and there would be $.0.00 (zero) fees associated with this. They did not honor those messages and charged me $38 per transaction. This continued to send my account deeper into the negative and BBVA continued to apply NSF fees. Had they not withheld my pay and honored their statements to NOT charge NSF fees I would not have been overdrawn at all. BBVA refuses to acknowledge proof of payroll processing submitted by my employer and has refused to reverse the fees they caused and applied to my account.

If you have similar, or other complaints about BBVA I encourage you to contact the Federal Reserve, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and BBB. File complaints with all of them and they will either resolve or simply keep track of the complaints before they charge the bank with deceitful and unethical practices. Use BBVA's legal name to file. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have had two separate incidences of unauthorized charges on my account which resulted in insufficient funds. Both times PayPal admitted that they were at fault and were experiencing some type of issue. It is utterly astounding to me that Compass would speak to me as if this were my doing, since I gave them my info, even though we are talking about PAYPAL, who only has permissions on this particular account to deposit. Further, insisting, after shuffling me around for too long, from department to department, that this was a courtesy, reversing NSF charges, even though I had not initiated them and had done NOTHING WRONG.

Today I started the conversation with asking if I should submit an ACH revocation, which was ignored. I was given the courtesy speech. Told I needed to speak to another department. Only after I got EXTREMELY firm that this department reversed it last time and hadn't iI begun the conversation by suggesting what she was telling me, without saying ACH REVOCATION.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had a fantastic experience with Compass Bank. I have been a customer for some years now. The ATM malfunctioned and in turn caused me serious distress. I will not go into all the details. I called customer service and at one point was extremely upset. It was a holiday on Monday. The people at my local branch are always so friendly, helpful and have gone above and beyond to help me. I called the bank 10 am on Tuesday and they had the issue resolved. I was so relieved. They did a fantastic job resolving my issue. Thanks Compass for re-enforcing why I bank with you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

These people put fees above customers. When you call you wait on the phone forever. They are rude and unhelpful. If you have a deposit coming and withdrawal coming at the same time. They do the withdrawal first and if it causes you to overdraft they don't care. They want fees. They are horrible. Don't use them. I think the people giving them anything above a one star works for them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

The bank branch closes early as crap and not open on weekends at all. The app sucks every single day. It tells me my password is invalid so I have to reset and then it asks for my current password which I cant provide because the one I chose is invalid. They have locked my debit card without notification of doing so on multiple occasions because of suspected fraud.

Ok well call me. Text me. Email me something. Dont let me get in the grocery line. At 6 pm Friday my card get declined and oh ya cant go withdraw money because you suck and are not open on weekends. My direct deposit was held because they didnt recognize my employer SHUTTERFLY!! SERIOUSLY YOU ARE THE UNRECOGNIZABLE FOR REAL. I'm over it. It took 4 weeks to get my debit card to begin with. Now they want to reissue me a new one? Oh hell. I should get it by St Pattys day. Bank sucks. Dont give them a dime to hold onto... Oh and the security questions dont matter what your answers are because they will tell you it's wrong anyway.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

BBVA blocked my account through Fraud department, has now taken me over 5 hours to get someone to resolve... still waiting! At 8pm last night (11/22/2017) I tried to pay for some grocery shopping, my card was declined. I received no notification from BBVA at all, despite there being more than enough cash in the account to cover the transaction. I tried the card again this morning at 7am to get Gas, still declined. I had to borrow someone else's car to get to work as I had no way of getting gas. I called customer Services at 7.30 to be told that the Fraud department was the only one who could lift the block and they weren't open until 8.

I called the FD at 8, sat on hold for 40 minutes, decided to call back. Called at 9 and again sat on hold for another 45 minutes. I called back to customer services who said they couldn't do anything and couldn't put me through directly to the FD, I would have to hold. I called FD back, after over an hour on hold I spoke to someone, verified all of the transactions and was told the block had been lifted. They said that they do send texts when a card is blocked, but because their department was closed when the block went on, the notification would not have been sent until the following day, seriously, what good is that.

An hour later, I tried to use my card... still blocked. Again, called customer services after being told by the FD that they are able to lift the block. I spoke to a Supervisor who said he couldn't (after waiting another 30 minutes to get through) and would have to speak to the FD, he couldn't call them direct despite working for the same company, he would call them and call me back... I am still waiting and still have no access to my Money in the bank, which means I am unable to buy food for lunch.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been trying to make a payment due to hold on car payment. I've called and recording kept saying, "Wait for representative," and after 29 minutes it says, "We are having technical difficulties." This is the 2nd day. Why is so hard to make a payment. It's ridiculous. I can't wait to refinance my vehicle with another bank.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This so called bank has to be the worst bank institution ever. I have trying for over 30 days to try to get my checking account added so I can make a payment on my loan to no avail. I was put on hold for 40 minutes, spoke so called digital department, customer service. I have tried emailing. Nothing seems to be getting their attention. It is almost as if they are trying to purposely impede me making an on time payment on my account. No solution, they just pass the buck to someone else. Very frustrating :(

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I kept getting emails from Compass Bank informing me of them trying to send me a new credit card for a credit card I had through their bank. I had to call the customer service number twice. The first time the customer service rep hung up on me. The second time I kept getting put on hold. I was trying to inform them that my address had changed from Texas to Florida. I was put through the third degree and they kept asking me question after question relating to everything in my credit file as far back at 1965.

I think this was just pure harassment from the personnel and I would not suggest anyone get a card from them especially if your address has changed. The rep even asked me to send a copy of my Driver’s License in the mail. Of course she put me on hold and then finally after 20 minutes came to the phone and started asking me all these personal question as mentioned above. Compass Bank has got to be the worse bank I have ever encountered.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

BBVA is the absolute worst and I have even banked with Wells Fargo and thought they were! I am so angry at them I just want to cry and they could care less about their customers. Obviously because their customer service never responds and who has time to wait on the phone for over 45 minutes. Their unexpected fees are deceitful. They charged my savings account $15 for a service fee and $29 in excess transfers... All without me ever knowing they do this. Why don’t they alert us if we are going over our monthly limit which I never did? Then, charged jobs so had to mobile deposit a check, a corporate check and it took over a week to release. In the meantime, I could see they were including it in my account and letting me use my card. Called and emailed numerous times about the hold and release times. No response. Then it’s released and they charged me $340 in insufficient fees.

All the times I have gotten responses, they are exactly alike and generic. Garble about I should set an alert and how they hope they were helpful. What a joke! And no response about the $340 which makes my blood boil. Now I’m negative and still being charged fees. And have no money. How do we get them to listen and refund all of us customers who have been ripped off?! I will be changing banks but never has one really pissed me off!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I receive gov't. adoption assistance. I mobile deposited check into my checking account. I was informed MY money wouldn't be available until 4 days later but my check has already been processed??? I don't understand that, I want/need my money! I called bank to have hold released. I had a personal emergency. I was hung up on by rude representative. I called back & a much more professional & understanding representative tried to help me. Every way possible & anything I asked to access my money he would ask his supervisor only to be told no every time. How inconvenient is this!? I had another problem month before with two other issues. I strongly dislike this bank and will be closing my account soon after I receive my deposit. Wrong choice in choosing NBA.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Dealership used BBVA Compass for a lender when I bought a used car. BBVA Compass has been a nightmare. First, their online payment system (for car loans) is apparently from 1978. They ALWAYS show one amount due (or mysteriously overdue, with TONS added for late fees) on their website, then they will say a different amount when they call you on the phone. And yet, there is always a third (and different) amount when they send you a letter! I've asked them at least three times for a full printout of my payments since the loan began. They simply will NOT send that to me - nor can I access it online. I firmly believe (but cannot prove it) that they take some of my payments and do not apply them to my loan. By the way, if you try to call them... GOOD LUCK!

I have never ever been able to call and get a person on the phone about my automobile loan account! The only way you can talk to them is if you are late on a payment... Which WILL happen because your payments will mysteriously go out of your bank but "get lost" by them. When you do talk to them. They lie. It's a fact. They say one thing--agree to fix it in your account, then they simply do not. They agree to "note" it on your account. They do not... Because when you talk to them next time, there is NO record or notes of any kind on your account. I want to sell my car just to be rid of BBVA. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, EVER. THIEVES!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The representative of BBVA Bank that I spoke via phone was very knowledgeable about the issue I was calling about. She knew her stuff and was able to resolve my issue quickly.

Compass Bank Company Information