cenlar.com

3.8/5 (409 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Purchased a home in 2019 and financed through Cenlar. As part of the my closing, money in escrow was transferred from the title company to the lender. My property tax was supposed to come from the funds in escrow but Cenlar never paid it. Now, when I try calling customer service, they tell me there is no phone number for the team that handles taxes and I should just email them. Dozens of emails later and there is no response and the taxes are still not paid. It has been nothing but headaches. I wouldn't recommend Cenlar to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

They called me and asked me to call their office for an important matter about my account. I called them right away. I was very angry because I had spent more than 15 mins and I am still unable to talk to any human beings. I hanged up after 20 mins on the phone nothing. Then they called again next day. Same thing happened again. Then I tried to sign up the website. Everything set up but they stated my ID and password do not match. The phone message has a threatening tone and is very unfriendly. I do not like it although it has nothing to do with me. I believe it is not the right way to do business. They call me everyday before the loan date due. Do not have any business with this company. I will try to transfer all my account to other institution as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Citibank put my HELOC servicing with Cenlar in November. After reading the reviews, I refinanced with a reputable company. Cenlar added fees willy-nilly and received my payoff amount from my new company, yet they won't close my account. They tried to charge me $15 fax fees and still took a payment out of my bank account, even though they were paid off by my new company. Cenlar is a ripoff. Citibank should be ashamed to do this to good customers. I am worried about my 800-plus credit rating now because Cenlar is not doing what they are supposed to do by law. They should be sued in a class-action lawsuit. Everyone should file a complaint with CFPB Complaint Database so Cenlar does what it's supposed to do by law.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Additional issues with Cenlar. Here is what I know after dealing with this incompetent organization for 4 months: First of all Cenlar is a Mortgage Serving company, they do not own any mortgages. In my case my mortgage is owned by Freddie MAC. 90% of all mortgages are owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie MAC, and yes you cannot reach them to complain.

When you call someone on the phone (almost all are very nice) all they can do it take notes and send a request to other organizations. The Escalation specialists can only send messages as well (which begs the question of why they exist at all). You are not allowed to talk to the escrow, billing, insurance departments or upper management. The person who answers the phone are not allowed to call you back or send you an email. They are a hot mess and their 1993 website is a well-known disaster. You are taking a big chance (identify theft) by using their site to pay your mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I had an issue on just making my first payment and I was transferred to 4 different people within the company. No one knew how to solve a simple payment issue. What kind of company makes it difficult to make a payment? Don't do business with this company. I don't remember the last time I wrote a negative review for anyone, but maybe this help them with their customer service. All you will get is the run around if you have an issue. I repeat - don't do business with Cenlar. I regret having a loan with Cenlar.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I refinanced my mortgage and now have to deal with Cenlar for mortgage payments. It took 3:30 minutes to just get to the prompt that refers a customer service rep and then after being on hold for 9 minutes, I got the most unprofessional customer service rep. Horrible experience. I can’t believe I have to deal with this company for the next 30 years.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This company should not be allowed to be in business. My mortgage lender sold me down the river to this corrupt company. If you ever had a choice, (which we all should have), do not use this company. I could give you a thousand examples of why to stay away. I’ll give one. I never had my escrow paid by them for property taxes. I called them about it multiple times and every time they said it would be taken care of. It never was. I had to pay out of pocket to keep from having a lien on my property. I became good buddies with the tax department because we spoke so many times on the phone.

Cenlar swore multiple times it was taken care of. Not once did they follow through. Then they swore they were sending me a check to reimburse me for my out of pocket expense. I never received one. Never was reimbursed. Oh, and then they charge you for speaking to customer service. So if you have an issue like the one I had, you can be charged to actually talking to a human being about it. $9.00 is the going rate. I can’t believe companies like this are allowed to do business and we don’t have a choice in the matter when your loan gets sold. It truly should be illegal. Most unethical company I’ve ever done business with and that’s saying a lot.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Today was the last straw. I don't understand the lack of enthusiasm from the pools of employees at this place. spoke to a "Niasia" today (maybe it was even a fake name as she didn't want to spell it out for me). She lacked proper manners, and lacked customer service skills. She was practically fighting with me over the phone and continued to interrupt me when I was trying to explain what my issue was for the call. I felt like a child being scolded. I asked her for an address so I can relay the concern and she gave me a generic email (which I knew was incorrect). Another time I called and requested a copy of the taxes so that I can file my yearly and it never came so I had to delay my taxes to file. After several attempts to reach someone and request the form, I finally got it a whole year later!! The upper management needs to improve and hire better people.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I never had to deal with the customer service, until only 4 months ago. And OH MY GOD ... even after 4 months my issue has not been resolved. NONE of the agents are knowledgeable, all they do is TO GIVE YOU A RUN AROUND. They will not resolve the issue but have you keep calling every day and be on the phone for hours, they will transfer you from one agent to another and then they will ask you to follow up, call back for an update. And when you call back, the agent will tell you something totally different and the whole process/issue starts again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I am so upset at Citi that it decided to transfer the servicing of its home loans to Cenlar. I had a first mortgage and a HELOC with Citi, both of which got transferred to Cenlar in August 2019. I had automatic electronic payments (ACH) with Citi but Cenlar managed to disconnect both of them during the transfer. This means that payments that were being made electronically were no longer made and I started receiving past due notices. I have called Cenlar at least ten times to get this issue resolved but here I am four months later and the situation is still ongoing, despite assurances over the phone that I am current and that the ACH is back on. Many customer service reps are rude, untrained, and/or simply unhelpful. I am thinking of getting new loans with another bank just to free myself from the servicing of Cenlar.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have tried over and over again to register and then log into the Cenlar website. Each time I have tried to log into Cenlar, a message pops up stating that I do not have an account, even though I registered and entered all the required information and received a confirmation email stating that my account is confirmed. I then called customer service and I followed the female customer service rep instructions several times. Still no access. I was getting frustrated and so was she. I then asked to speak to the web technician and she said that Cenlar doesn't have one. Incredible.

Then, I asked to speak with her supervisor. After waiting for 15 minutes for a supervisor to pick up the phone, I hung up. Either the rep didn't want me to speak to the supervisor or the supervisor didn't want to speak to me. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If I could have given 0 stars, I would have. Cenlar, you need to provide better customer service to customers. I am extremely disappointed that Citibank who provided better customer service, turned over my account to Cenlar.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

These folks assumed our home equity line of credit from Citibank and promptly changed the agreed upon terms with Citibank from principal and interest to interest-only. We spent close to 8 hours on hold and being stonewalled by Cenlar - worst experience ever. Doing everything I can to warn others about the illegal practices of Cenlar: Do Not do business with them. Citibank washed their hands off the situation and was no help at all.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

We have an equity loan through Citi where the customer service was not an issue. Unfortunately, the loan was sold by Citi to Cenlar right when we send a payout check, and Citi was in the process to transfer the loan to Cenlar. The correspondence with the payout amount got crisscrossed. The payoff information was not communicated properly resulting in the check to be returned. We were informed that at the payout amount was higher than what check was written for and in addition Cenlar will only accept a certified check. The recording fee of this instrument was cited to be $350.50. A month later after calling the Cenlar customer service my wife Annie ** was informed that this fee is now $705.50 There were a miriad calls to the customer service.

11/18/19 Annie ** (my wife) spoke with Loretta (Cenlar Customer Service ) – no resolution. 12/2/2019 @ 745 PM Annie ** (my wife) spoke with LIZ (Cenlar Customer Service) – no resolution. 12/4/2019 @ 12 1230 PM Annie ** (my wife ) spoke with Justine (Cenlar Customer Service ) – mentioned that she well have her supervisor Nicolas call Back and he will review the file – that didn’t happened.

Please keep in mind that as this back and forth is going on, we are also charged additional interest all occurring as result of this mass\pandemonium. She tried to resolve this issue with Citi and she was referred back to Cenlar. Honestly, we are trying to pay out the equity loan, pin point the exact payout amount being owed (transparently without errors). We don’t think is fair to pay the interest for 2 additional months and the inflated recording fee of Nassau County of $700.50. I would like to have an executive from Cenlar call us to facilitate the payout of this loan. So far It seems to be impossible to do this. My email Ted ** is **. My wife Annie ** email is **. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

They got my loan in May, called me to verify my information then recorded wrong mailing address in file so I never received any document from. Good that my accountant reminded me or they will ship my tax document to an address that doesn’t exist! How hard is it to find that your client’s mailing address and property address are using different city and zip code! Plus they don’t reply to email, and their phone system sucks. It’s such a disgusting experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Has anyone filed a class action lawsuit against this people. My husband and I have been in our house for 25 yrs and never had a escrow account until these people took over. Our house payment is 381.08 and they keep telling me it is 543. I have all my papers from the original loan. We pay our property taxes every yr own insurance until they took over. I have seen where other people have had the same problems. I faxed them a copy of the original loan agreement with a copy from the tax office. So they answer the phone in customer service then transfer to escrow.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I was confirmed that I was enrolled in monthly auto deduction from my bank. But the company failed to deduct monthly payment and did not give any notices or letters that I owed the monthly and it was not deducted from my bank. After 30 days I received a delinquent letter indicating I owed late fee penalty and interest. When I called they said unfortunately there was not anything they could do and site doesn't show there was auto enrollment hence $550 penalty. I spoke with supervisor named Manuel and he was not able to resolve the issue.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I'm so sad that CitiBank transferred their home loan services to Cenlar. When my parents borrowed through Citi many years ago, we never have any issues with their mortgage. I'm a first-time home buyer and was hoping for the same thing; unfortunately, Cenlar took over. Yes, payment online is easy through Cenlar; however, if you need customer service, there is none. I submitted a request letting them know that my contact information on my loan is wrong, they "resolved" my request be responding to me, saying that my question was missing an attachment. How is that resolved? Sent in another request 2 weeks ago that hasn't been read. Trying to chat with their customer rep online and it's been 10 minutes without response even though it shows I'm currently "connected" wth? I can't wait until I'm able to refinance and transfer my loan to SchoolsFirst.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

An absolute disaster to deal with. Customer service is non-existent period. In over two years they have yet to pay any escrow related bills on-time which always results in late payment interest charges. They have closed four customer service requests within the last three weeks without doing a single thing to resolve the unpaid property tax bill. It's amazing this company still exists and I pity anyone whose loan is acquired by this horrendous company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Have not been able to login into my own account to view status of my loan or do any activity pertaining to my loan in the last EIGHT MONTHS and counting. My issue has been going on for the past EIGHT MONTHS. Nothing has been resolved nor have they tried to do anything to fix the issue. Every time I have tried logging to the website to pay my mortgage there has been an error, stating, "Sorry, you do not have an account for this website." Every time I tried to create new account, an error, stating, "There already exists an account for these credentials. Please try the 'Forgot Username' link or contact Help Chat."

I have called every week for the past EIGHT MONTHS and their solution was to reset my acount and create a new one. They would provide me with the same solution every time. And the same thing repeats again as I explained above. If I could give zero stars, that is what I would give them. I am at a point where I am looking for a different lending. Imagine paying your mortgage monthly and not being able to see your statement nor your account online. and Wonder where your money is really going. This is unprofessional and unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This is the worst loan company for a home loans. BEWARE, their customer services is horrible. They do not answer questions about the escrow account and their employees do not have attention to detail. This company will have you lose your home if you do not keep track of your escrow. In my case, they issued the home owner's insurance check to the wrong insurance company. Then I notified them of the issue and they took out additional money from my escrow.

As you know, my monthly payments were affected due to having two withdrawn. Then I received the refund from the incorrect insurance company. I cashed and mail the check back and clearly stated the funds need to be applied to the escrow account. Cenlar applied the credit to their interest and some of the credit to my upcoming monthly payment. I called them to address the issue. This was a year of a called, emails and going on to their portal. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I ended up refinancing with another company and received cheaper interest rates. I hope I save someone with this review.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I am 54 years old and this is the absolute worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Cenlar took over our mortgage from Citimortgage last year. We recently had major damage to our home due to a storm, with a huge hole in our roof. Our insurance company paid us within two weeks and from there on out, the process with Cenlar went downhill. After explaining to them the situation multiple times, they were obviously more concerned about holding on to the money instead of turning it loose so we could get repairs started. Skip ahead 3 1/2 months, and they finally sent us a check to get repairs started. Do not do business with this company. We will be refinancing ASAP!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Loan was transferred over on 1/1/19. Finally was able to get my loan number today after multiple calls, a chat with a rep who said they "don't have my loan", and holding for about 30 minutes. Set up the online account, but now since my payment is labeled as "late" (was due 11/1/19, the transfer date), they have blocked me from making an online payment or setting up automatic recurring payment. So I call customer service back to make a payment over the phone - the rep transfers me to the wrong extension. Call back a third time, speak to another rep and say I want to pay over the phone. I'm unable to pay at this time because my loan is still "onboarding" - no clue how long that process takes.

Apparently you have 60 days from the effective transfer date to make that payment without penalty... If they want to just hold my mortgage without me making payments for 2 months, fine, but I fear I'm going to find out something different when I call back at the end of December. Just brutal. Is there any way to force a transfer of your mortgage to another servicer?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have had a serviced mortgage with CENLAR for over 5 years, and recently got a new mortgage that is serviced by them. CENLAR's system was having issues and would not allow me to access the payment site. This was confirmed by a rep, however, they still would not waive a fee for having the payment processed by an agent. I spent over an hour on hold only to be told "there is nothing we can do". I previously worked for a mortgage company that used CENLAR for subservicing, and am now embarrassed that we made our clients use them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

My loan was transferred to Cenlar from Citibank a few months ago. Literally, the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their statements don't make sense. The "transition" took two months and I had payments rejected. The company is too incompetent to be able to process a simple mortgage payment. Now it's escrow time for the new year. They are saying I owe an entire month's worth of escrow balance because THEY weren't able to process loan payments on time during the transition. Literally, you have one job- to collect my money. It's not that hard and I shouldn't have to run around making adjustments for your incompetence. Do us all a favor and get out of the mortgage business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Updated on 11/30/2019: Called to get payoff on mortgage loan and was informed there would be $5 charge. They said, "I can give you the balance free." I told her I came look on my statement and get that. Gave her fax # to where I am trying to get refinanced. Informed me it will take 24 to 48 hours. I requested email too but was told they can not send an email. In fact she claims they can not send any emails.

Original Review: Hoping very soon I can get refinanced somewhere else. Won’t take much to beat this joke of a place. Will not let you talk with anyone besides customer service. If they cannot assist you then you are told send email. That is a bunch of crap too. Took over month for them to answer my email then the dummies still didn’t get it right.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I'm new with Cenlar. It has been 4 months now and I have been displeased with customer service and the time it takes to get a response. They have people trained to take your money efficiently and quickly. They are good at that, however these people offer little help with any other topic besides payment. It is when they pass your inquiry to the next level where issues start. Customer service takes working days to get back to you - yes days. If you can not find the information yourself be prepared to wait and accept the fact that you may not get a response at all. Finding help is a struggle at best. If you want people that will help when in need, I recommend you look for a elsewhere for a company. If your loan was sold to them, I'm sorry. I hope you have a better time of it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We purchased a home with a recast mortgage which was sold to Cenlar. We had the additional principal to request the recast before it was even sold to Cenlar, however we reached our right away. They stalled, did not reply for several weeks, then stalled some more so that it was two additional months before the recast could be accomplished. We sent the additional principal in early July and requested in writing to cancel the mortgage insurance since we then had over 50% equity in our home. I have reached out several time by phone and in writing and only receive an automated email. This issue is still not resolved as of Oct 31, 2019.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My Citibank Loan was sold (Transferred) to Cenlar three days prior my monthly payment due date. I was not aware 'cause neither Citibank nor Cenlar had the courtesy of informing us with enough time to prepare. Had to learn all this at the moment of making my payment at my usual Citi Branch. Now nobody either at Citibank or at Cenlar knows what I have to do. Citibank at its end reject taking my payment. When talking on the phone with Cenlar they could not find me on their systems???? Who's responsible for all this mess? Citibank??? Cenlar?

Meantime Am I going to be assessed Late Payment fees? And my credit report is going to get ruined because a bunch of mediocre non properly trained employees that do not have an idea of how to deal with this mishandled situation? What a couple of irresponsible entities Citibank and Cenlar. Where is our Great Corporate America Going to? Can someone on Executive management at Citibank and Cenlar take care of this Terrible situation you have put your customer through???? Alex

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The 1st year of my loan I sent in a check and clearly marked on the payment coupon to put in as additional escrow and it got put in as additional principal. The next 3 years I sent in a check and put a sticky note on the front and back that said please put into escrow. I also marked on the payment coupon additional escrow and every time they put it in as principal.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Those of you who are just getting loans from Cenlar, I hope you don't ever experience what we did. It's literally as close to a predatory lender as you can get. We've had problems since our loan was transferred to them about 5 years ago. When we sent in actual checks, they lost our checks at least twice. About 4 times a year, our escrow would go up. We'd spend HOURS on the phone trying to find out why. We were always told our escrow was in the negative. Well, now our loan was transferred to another company and our escrow payment IMMEDIATELY went down $80 a month because WE HAD TOO MUCH MONEY IN OUR ESCROW ACCOUNT.

GOD be with you should you get even a little behind in your mortgage. It's like they literally WANT to take your house. If you get two payments behind, they WILL NOT let you make only one payment until you can catch up. Run as fast as you can from this company. I'm already extremely happy with Shellpoint where our loan was transferred.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information