4.7/5 (202 ratings)

About Caribou

Caribou, formerly known as MotoRefi, is an online lending marketplace that specializes in auto refinance. Fill out a quick form online to be matched with the best loan options for you. The company also helps with auto insurance, extended warranty plans, key replacement, total loss protection and cosmetic care packages. Checking your rate with Caribou will not impact your credit score.

Pros

• Pre-qualify without affecting credit
  • Rates as low as 1.99%
  • No DMV paperwork

Cons

• Not available for motorcycles
  • No auto lease buyouts
  • $399 fee

Bottom Line

Caribou shows you rates for auto refinancing and streamlines the process if you decide to apply for and accept an offer from one of its partners. It’s free to compare options, but you’ll be charged if you decide to refinance.

Caribou Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caribou?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caribou?

Original review: June 4, 2022

The customer service and the communication were both good. Overall, it was an excellent experience with Caribou. It was fast and easy, and everything was in a speedy manner.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Signing up with Caribou was easy and straightforward, and they were not too hard to work with. The process took about two and a half weeks just to make sure a lot of the paperwork was in. The rate and terms were nice compared to a lot of the competitors out there. Caribou is fast, efficient and will get you the best deals. We still have to work with paper though and it's not completely digital. I had to turn in some information through FedEx.

Original review: June 2, 2022

They were persistent and they did pretty well. The sign-up process wasn't hard at all.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I pretty much did everything online and then got to a point where Caribou called out, “Well, here's the step…” It was pretty seamless and I did it all within a couple of hours. They also sent me some stuff that I had to get notarized, and I got it so that everything's finalized and should be good to go. It was exactly what was explained to me. However, this was way too easy and I wondered, “All right, so what's the catch here?” It was just done and I thought, “Okay, so I guess it's legit.” Great service.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I’m very pleased with what Caribou did. They lowered my interest rate. The guy who contacted me has been in the business for so long. I've got some credit issues because I don't have enough revolving credit and he found me a credit union that would lower my interest rate. I was very happy with his knowledge and his experience. He was very professional and we got things done quickly. I was very pleased with how things turned out.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The two gentlemen I spoke with when I called Caribou both helped me very quickly. They got me a lower interest rate, saved me money per month. The process took four days since it was over a weekend, which was incredibly fast. Everything was good other than signing a power of attorney and mailing that back, which is typical with car dealers. Everything was very streamlined and the service was excellent.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I had a good experience with them. I got a good rate.

Original review: May 28, 2022

There was a big lull in between the process of my refi application with Caribou. I didn’t hear from anybody and didn't know what was going on. Other than that, everything went great. I texted and they said they were still working on it. After that, we got things worked out. Communication was good whenever we talked. The process took a couple of weeks. They gave me a price for everything then the PenFed said it wouldn’t do Gap. We finally got that all straightened out. The rate I got was better than it was and I save $120.

Original review: May 27, 2022

The application was pretty easy. They handled everything decently. The rep was helpful.

Original review: May 26, 2022

The application process was extremely easy. A representative called to tell me exactly how to do everything, and was very, very prompt and courteous. I’ve never done a transaction that was that easy, quick, and straight to the point.

Original review: May 25, 2022

When I reached out to Caribou, I had a personal rep named Zed who called me every day and asked me how my day was. He actually cared. When I told him , "I don't really want to go to FedEx and do all this stuff to get this done," he said, "Dude, I get it. I wouldn't want to either. But I'd highly recommend it." His positivity was the sole reason I wanted to work with them because it felt like a company and not just like a giant conglomerate.

Signing up was very easy. It took me only a day and a half. The biggest part was sending a picture of my mileage thing and talking to them and sending them the folders. I also had to send my pay stubs. The very last part of the process was the power of attorney, and the signatures, and I had to print those up, sign, send them a picture of it signed, and then send the printed copies through FedEx. Though the process was tedious and obnoxious, I'm confident that they have all of my stuff now, so I never have to worry about it. I've recommended them already to all my friends and I'm refinancing my girlfriend's car through them as well.

Original review: May 24, 2022

The experience with Caribou was quite difficult. I had to do the sign-up process twice and we had to do some calling back. The process dealing with them was aggravating but everything finally got worked out.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Everything went smoothly with Caribou. Brad, the rep I worked with, was very informative and made everything work as needed to go. People should try Caribou. It was easy so it’d be the way to go.

Original review: May 22, 2022

The startup process was a smooth transition and Caribou was easy to work with and had good rates. The experience was great. Everything was done over the phone and through text message to get it set up. It was very convenient for me. The representative who helped me was very helpful, nice and positive. I was able to get everything done. So, I would recommend Caribou.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Everything went through fast with Caribou and they helped with everything. So, I don't have any complaints. The rep was helpful. He would ask for something I wasn’t sure and I would text him. He would get back to me right away and end up clarifying my question and answering it. I got a lower interest from Caribou. It was seven before and they lowered it to four. Then, I was paying $100 less.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I mailed back the power of attorney thing and I don’t think they got it. But that was the only thing I don’t understand. Everything else was smooth. There was also no delay on their part.

Original review: May 19, 2022

They have the lowest interest rate possible. The process was also super simple and transparent. Incredibly easy to work with, as well. They were in touch every step of the way. They told me exactly where I need to be on the payoff and things to maximize the refi. Everything went smoothly.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Overall, working with them was a good experience. But, I had to go out of my way during my work day to send all this stuff off. If there was a way to streamline the collection process of getting information from customers or a list of stuff that was already sent to me that I needed and I could just, boom, it would be better. It was back and forth to get that information. Other than that, the interest rates were amazing. I didn't know I was gonna save $160 a month. That's pretty incredible. Also, my customer service rep, Omar, was really good.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I'm not good with apps and texting. I'm old. At times, they didn't have the things they needed and I was like, "Is this gonna work?" There was no reassurance. It was just a shot in the dark text message. I'm also not very good with paperwork. I had to go get printer ink and get the printer going, to print the stuff that they wanted. But then, eventually, it worked out. It was a success. If I can get through it, anybody can get through it.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I was trying to refinance and Caribou came up so I called them. They had an easy process and they were helpful. I had to do a bunch of stuff that other people asked. I had just one guy and that helped a lot as I didn't have to explain myself every time. Refinance with Caribou.

Original review: May 8, 2022

My experience in the beginning was horrible. The person I was first with said she sent me a link but I never received it. So we were having a hard time. And she said, “Oh, once I send it, I can’t resend it to you.” That doesn't make any sense. I was like, “So how am I supposed to know what I got for my rate?" She said she could send me a screenshot. I said, “No, I do not feel comfortable you sending me a screenshot. How do I know if it's true or not? I was not satisfied with a screenshot. It just didn’t sound or look professional.

I left that alone and I was gonna go with somebody else. But their rep Rick was very nice and he kept going back and forth with me. If it wasn't for him, I would not have even wanted to go through with things.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The rep was good and I had a good experience. He only asked me for a few things and did the rest. The process was easy and pleasant. Working with them made things easier on my payments. I'm paying $40 less a month and one month less on payment.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The process was pretty good but I had to go through a couple of people. Their rep Alex and I got everything going pretty well. But they ghosted me for a week and I didn't know what was going on. I ended up with their rep Tyler and he finished the process with me. Other than that, things went all right.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The rep was cool. He was able to communicate through text message and it worked for me ‘cause I was at work all the time. We were waiting on Caribou half the time but my interest rate ended up at 2.24 for a 3.9.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I had a great experience. My rep Preston kept in touch with me and let me know what was going on every step of the way. I had his personal phone number and if he was busy with another client, he called me right back and answered all my questions. I got a better rate and better terms. It saved me about $100 a month, which I appreciate.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I ended up choosing Caribou because they had a better rate and price for what I was looking for. I refinanced right in the middle of a move. So, getting all the right documents ended up being a little difficult. But that might just be my personal experience. It was good. Kelly, the rep, was very helpful. I would just message him either via text or email, and he would get back to me either same day or usually within 24 hours, unless it was a weekend. He got most of my stuff done very quickly. I was able to skip this month’s car payment because of it. Also, I'm paying less now for my car loan, which is very nice. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I’ve been accepted, and it’s happening. There’s a lot of paperwork. But it was fast. It felt fake. I didn't know if it was real until my insurance called me. And they said, “Hey, these people are trying to get some information.” I said, “Yeah, that's me. Is that weird? ‘Cause now I feel weird.” I felt fine until that. They looked the company up, and confirmed it was legitimate. And the whole process was smooth.

The rep helped me with Caribou, and he’s very kind, informative and helpful. If I didn't get back, I'd get a gentle reminder. It was always very kind and just, “Hey, whenever you get a chance, could you send this over.” And it went good. I like that he was the one who worked with me the whole time. And it was easy to send over documents and get ahold of him when I needed to. I didn’t realize how high the interest rate was until I saw one of my bills. And it was adding on an extra $100 every month with interest rates. So, my interest rate is now cut in half. I’m happy about that.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Arthur was extremely helpful. We had some hiccups on the way, mostly on our part. He just wanted to make sure that all the information was correct. He walked me through all that. And everything was well. The interest rate was 11.5 or somewhere in that area, and it’s now 4.7. It is a night and day difference. Check Caribou out.

Original review: April 30, 2022

The lady that I got was very easy to work with. So far, so good. Caribou is worth going with.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I did the initial process online and then someone called me to confirm all the data and then requested the documents. They were pretty fast and efficient. I liked the fact that when they needed something, they called right away. So, I didn't feel like days went on.

Caribou Company Information