2. Finance
Bank of America Gift Cards

Bank of America Gift Cards

3.8/5 (111 ratings)

About Bank of America Gift Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Bank of America Gift Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Gift Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: March 16, 2008

Was given gift card from employer. Did not know it expired. Called BOA today, was told to call Monday. Could not help me at all. Nobody above him works weekends. Told to call Mon. and talk to Linda or Lexia. He could not tell me name of CEO, told him I can get that on internet. He did not have authority to renew the card; he did not mention if I could renew for a fee.

Both my employer and myself are out $75. BOA got all the money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2007

I purchased a $100 Bank of America visa gift card two years ago. As soon as I received it I lost it. So a year later when I found it I saw that it had already expired, I never used it. so I called the 1800 number to have it replaced, found out they don't do that, but would send me a check for $80 because they'll deduct some fees, I said whatever just send me the check.

A year goes by and I never heard from them and of course no check arrived. When I finally moved and was unpacking I found the card again and remember that I never got anything so I call them again and they said they'll resend it. Nothing arrived again so one year and a month later I call again and this time they transfer me to another 1800 number because they can't do anything....so why did somebody say a check was on the way twice?

So I called the 1800-213-4074 asked for a supervisor and Linda gets on the phone telling me that Berry another supervisor would help me. Berry was the rudest person I have spoken to, she didn't want to help and said you are all out of luck maam. What kind of customer service is that? Linda of course never answered the phone when I asked for her. I have been with BoA for years even before it changed to BoA. and to loose a good customer over something so small and poor customer service is stupid, Boa need to hire better service, I'm closing my accounts and will definitely tell friend and relatives. Till this day BoA has kept my $100 cash I used to buy the gift card.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2006

I was given a gift card for $200. I didn't realize that there were monthly fees that ate up the gift amount. I thought I had used up about $180 (gift purchases and monthly fees). There is an expiration date on this card. I didn't think expiration dates on gift certificates were legal and I can't get the remaining $20.

Bank of America Gift Cards Company Information