4.8/5 (137 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About AUTOPAY

AUTOPAY is an online auto loan refinancing broker. With its easy-to-use platform, customers can compare rates and terms from financial institutions and credit unions across the nation all in one place. All applications require a soft credit pull, and loans are available for all credit scores. AUTOPAY customers save an average of $95 per month with one of its three refinancing loans, according to the company.

Pros

• Easy application
  • Good average savings
  • All credit scores accepted

Cons

• Little personal support
  • Limited website information

Bottom Line

AUTOPAY offers three refinancing options from lenders across the U.S. Customers can pre-qualify for loan offers without any effect on credit scores. The average borrower saves $95 per month and gets a 50% lower interest rate.

What is AUTOPAY?

AUTOPAY is an online auto loan broker offering car loan refinancing. It partners with a large network of trusted lenders across the country, including credit unions and financing institutions. These lenders, not AUTOPAY, set their own rates and terms, which allows customers to find truly customized refinancing loans, no matter their credit score or vehicle. Customers using AUTOPAY in 2018 and 2019 saved an average of $95 per month on their refinance loan, according to the company. The process is completely online, though you can call the team with questions from Monday through Saturday.

How does AUTOPAY work?

AUTOPAY combines technology with lending to create an easy-to-use platform for users. Its marketplace of lenders gives customers access to many of the best rates available. Customers will fill out an online application that connects them to a wide variety of rates and terms to help them find the best loan.

There are three types of refinancing available through AUTOPAY: traditional refinancing, cash-back refinancing and lease-payoff refinancing.

• Traditional refinancing: Refinancing is when you take out a new loan to pay off your existing loan, often to get lower rates.
  • Cash-back refinancing: With cash-back refinancing, you’re borrowing against the equity in your vehicle in order to take out more money than you owe on your car loan. AUTOPAY lets you get as much as $12,000 in cash back.
  • Lease-payoff refinancing: If you want to buy your leased vehicle, you can take out a lease-payoff refinancing loan. This can help you avoid paying mileage and other fees.

AUTOPAY rates

AUTOPAY offers refinancing rates as low as 1.99% for qualified applicants. Not all users are eligible for this rate, and not every lender offers rates this low. Each company sets its own terms and rates. That said, the average customer gets a 50% lower interest rate and monthly savings of $95. To find out what rates you qualify for, fill out the form on AUTOPAY’s website; there is no hit to your credit score.

AUTOPAY FAQ

Does AUTOPAY do a hard credit check?
Not during the pre-qualification process. To get access to rates, you only need a soft credit check. Once you choose a loan option and seek lender approval, a hard credit check takes place.
How much can I save on my loan with AUTOPAY?
The average AUTOPAY customer saves $95 per month after refinancing their loan, according to the company.
What loan amounts does AUTOPAY offer?
Loans between $2,500 and $100,000 are available.
What loan terms does AUTOPAY offer?
AUTOPAY offers terms between 24 and 84 months, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
What documents do I need to apply for an AUTOPAY loan?
AUTOPAY requires the following documents to process a refinance application: driver’s license, insurance information, proof of income (tax returns, pay stubs), proof of residence (utility bill, lease agreement) and a payoff letter. In some situations, customers may be asked to provide additional details by the lender.

Is AUTOPAY legit?

AUTOPAY is a legitimate online broker for refinancing loans. Customers are able to easily compare their options through its online application process without having to worry about hard credit pulls, annoying salespeople and wasted time and effort. Some people may prefer more hands-on support. But for those who simply want a more efficient way to find the best rates, AUTOPAY is a good option.

AUTOPAY Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUTOPAY?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I submitted an application through the Credit Karma platform, and they paired me up with AUTOPAY. I'm set up with the new provider and all good to go. It was fast and easy and they handled most of it. I got pinged when they needed a signature or more information. And they were very explanatory about what they were asking for, which made me more comfortable providing what they were asking for in that moment and to continue the timely manner of the process.

I had two reps who I was in contact with throughout, and both of them were very nice. The rate and terms wasn't as great as I thought it would be, but it also didn't surprise me because of the way the market is now. But it still lowered my monthly payment and give me a lower interest rate, which was the intention. I've never refinanced a car before, so just the way they handled everything and made it a smooth process, they're worth looking at. Check AUTOPAY out.

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I was trying to get my truck out of my uncle's name. So, I had a refinance with AUTOPAY and everything went pretty smoothly. There were a couple of things that I didn't like with the experience and that was all the leg work I had to do to get everything finalized. I had to go drive 40 miles to my uncle's house, get his signature, then both of us had to go get the stuff notarized, had to pay for that, then I had to send it off. Other than that, the experience was decent. But they sold me gap insurance and an extended warranty when I didn't need it because I paid the car down to 19 grand before they refinanced it.

Original review: April 13, 2022

The customer service guy helped me a great deal, answered all of my questions accurately and made me comfortable with the process. And he emailed me the documents for me to sign and walked me through that. So, anytime I had any questions, I call and ask. And when I did, he would answer. Or if he didn't answer, it wouldn't be long before he returned my call and I was happy with that. So, overall, I'm very happy with AUTOPAY. It helps my pockets. I'm headed in a good direction, even if I have to shed out a little more money. But it really works for me. So, I would refer anybody to them, even people in my family, or even if I'm at a restaurant and I hear people talking about they need to refinance their vehicle. I'll hurry up and say, "Call AUTOPAY."

AUTOPAY response

Hello Dorothea, thats great to hear! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: March 29, 2022

AUTOPAY's interest rate was way lower than what I currently had. It's a lot better than it was before. Also, the reps were attentive. They got back to me quickly on everything. I texted the rep most of the time through the whole thing and didn't have to talk to him on the phone or deal with anything. Simple and easy. However, they had an issue. I've got dual residency, so the title of the car was in a different state than where we're currently living in. And we don't actually have a utility bill to prove where we lived before. So, it took a little longer than expected to provide proof of residency. Other than that, it would have just been a couple of days. Overall, it was a decent experience.

AUTOPAY response

Hello Michael, we are very happy to hear we lowered that interest rate and overall had a decent experience with us!

Original review: March 5, 2022

At first was leery of even working with AUTOPAY since I found it on an Instagram ad and other places were unable to help me. But it all worked out. There was another company that is similar to AUTOPAY. They advertise the same thing as what AUTOPAY advertises. And they told me that my loan was still too new, my credit score wasn't high enough and that they wouldn't be able to help me. That is what I expressed to my representative from AUTOPAY, that I didn't want to go through the process just to be told, "Oh, yeah, we can't help you" at the end. And he assured me that that wouldn't happen, and that he already had me preapproved.

The process was a little slow compared to if I were to go to traditionally refinance at a credit union or bank, where everything is usually done in a day. It was a little over a week, because they had to mail paperwork to sign. They couldn't do it electronically, especially the DMV stuff. The only thing that I didn't like that they could improve on is the communication as far as the payment being sent to the old lender and the timeframes.

Since AUTOPAY is a third party, I tried calling the credit union who took over my new loan, and they had misinformation as far as the process, because their customer service people weren't used to dealing with it when it's through a third party. Because they said the way they typically do it is the check is mailed to the customer, and the customer sends it to the old lender to pay off the loan. But to my understanding, since it was through AUTOPAY, it was sent directly to my old lender, and it takes a couple of weeks to process. Other than that, everything was good. Aaron, the guy who helped me, kept in communication. We would text a couple of times with questions, and he answered. Because it's easier for me to text because of work.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience and glad we were able to help out.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Your rep was friendly, helpful and found a loan for me that save me money and lowered my interest rate, made it easy for me to afford my car payment so thanks. Great job all the way around. I wouldn’t mind recommending.

Hello Allan,

We are very glad you were able to secure a loan that you are happy with! Thank you for working with us!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

We are very happy with the service we have received from Autopay and they're most easy to speak to and very accurate with everything. I would recommend my family and friends to Autopay. On a scale between 1-10 one being very unhappy and ten being very happy it's a ten for my husband and I. We thank you so much from the Tucker's.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Deliah was so very nice and patient with me. She took her time to explain every single details and I really appreciate her taking her time to do so. Thanks again Deliah. I did not know anything about car, but she walk me thru everything to make me understand it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I got my car refinanced and Cynthia ** was great throughout the process, very informative. She always got back to me with any questions that I had. Great customer service. Thank you! I would suggest Autopay to family members if they asked!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Over qualified borrower, 790 credit, 50k a month income, putting 80% down yet they declined. No legitimate reason given. Made me waste my time and delay my purchase. No real answers and bad customer service. Never again.

AUTOPAY Company Information